Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

DENON DN MC6000 & SSL - NATIVE SUPPORT FOR THIS MIDI CONTROLLER.

dj Giorgio Athens 12:08 PM - 23 February, 2011
HI DJ'S I bought a DENON MC-6000 and I thing that is one of the best midi controllers right now. The problem is that I'm BIG BIG serato scratch live (fun) user and I don't wanna go back to VDJ (I thing this is for kids any more)
So instead of trying mapping Denon I thing that RANE must do something to make this MIDI works natively with SSL3. I Thing this is the perfect combination for mobile dj's like me and many others....who don't want to carry heavy equipment.
So Let's vote for this........and hope!!!!!
BERTO 1:33 AM - 24 February, 2011
How bout denon sc 2000
dj rebel 2:10 AM - 24 February, 2011
Yeah!! Come On Denon, Play Nice.
dj rebel 2:17 AM - 24 February, 2011
Sorry! I meant Serato play nice. ..Denon is playing nice. I have been waiting on this controller ever since the 1st Numark dual CD player (without pitch bend) way back when. And I love Serato Live. The two are a match made in heaven.
DJ Unique 5:47 AM - 24 February, 2011
+ 1
djdaelo 9:31 PM - 1 March, 2011
Please Serato, Native support this Denon Mc6000 MiDi Controller. I've been with Serato since they started back in 2004 any other DJ Software is Useless to me. I'm sure that Serato users feel the Same.. I also Love the Itch! Serato Rules.
dave28 2:22 PM - 4 March, 2011
Yes please +10000000000
Dj MSB 5:58 PM - 10 March, 2011
+1
DJ Fade Lefever 12:28 AM - 23 March, 2011
I second the "Match-Made-In-Heaven!" The Denon DN-MC6000 & Scratch Live with Video SL pluggin would be golden! Streamlined, compact and absolutely industry standard for mobile Pro DJ/VJ's! Please Serato, it's a no brianer for all your loyal customers!
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 4:06 AM - 24 March, 2011
I third the Match made in Heaven! Please don't make me convert to Virtual DJ to use all the features on my MC-6000. We want SSL Native support!!
dj Giorgio Athens 7:51 AM - 30 March, 2011
++++++1

Please don't make me convert to Virtual DJ to use all the features on my MC-6000. We want SSL Native support!!
Derno24 8:35 PM - 31 March, 2011
Same here make this controller work plug and play for Serato.
DJ Fade Lefever 10:08 PM - 31 March, 2011
How bout it Rane-Serato!? Looks like there is certainly ample interest in this controller working with SSL. Exactly how much interest do you want to see before considering putting in the programming time into something like this? Would like to know if it's ever even gonna be considered.
dj Giorgio Athens 10:44 PM - 31 March, 2011
Quote:
How bout it Rane-Serato!? Looks like there is certainly ample interest in this controller working with SSL. Exactly how much interest do you want to see before considering putting in the programming time into something like this? Would like to know if it's ever even gonna be considered.

+++++++++1111111

Nice job DJ_Fade_Lefever
thebuttonfreak 10:53 PM - 31 March, 2011
It's kind of crazy that it's not.
PartyZone! Productions 3:05 PM - 13 April, 2011
PLEASE NATIVITY especially for Video....
djjjlatino 8:13 PM - 21 April, 2011
I love the Serato and dn-mc6000 combination, please native support for the MC6000.
thanks.
dj mike d 6:58 AM - 29 April, 2011
yeah can we get a code for the platter to denon dm mc 6000 and mapping i been useing serato for years from the sl1 to the 57 mixer and also useing the sl videoso can you make a mapping for the platter
hamzter 12:33 PM - 4 May, 2011
+1
DJ Glueckskind 6:13 PM - 6 May, 2011
Yes, pllleeeeeaaaaasssssss!!!!!
djtalp 10:16 PM - 7 May, 2011
x2 yes please!!!
djmartinirosso 9:55 PM - 9 May, 2011
It would be great combination!!! ;)
Windz One 9:25 AM - 11 May, 2011
+1

Considering that Midi controllers are the future at this point in time, and many users already have an SL box, and and were kinda turned off by ITCH (It's solid, but we've pretty much "spoiled" ourselves rotten with SSL).
Warren T. 4:22 PM - 11 May, 2011
Have you guys seen this? Watchwww.youtube.com
Some dude got the platters to work, and the entire controller can be mapped to SSL's Int mode. :)
DJ Unique 3:19 AM - 12 May, 2011
Quote:
Have you guys seen this? Watchwww.youtube.com
Some dude got the platters to work, and the entire controller can be mapped to SSL's Int mode. :)

Yep.
Read this discussion.
serato.com
Mr. Awesome 11:56 PM - 12 May, 2011
Nevertheless,
Does anyone see a possibility to get a permanent light fix without native support?
And has there been made any kind of official announcement concerning the mc-6000 as a product for native support?

I really love Serato, and love to work with SSl, but within time the supported product variety has to be widened. Why not continue with a wonderful product like this?

Anyway, it´s hard to imagine that people confronted with the option to buy an hc-4500, hd-2500 or mc-6000 would choose anything but the mc-6000.
DJ Bob 7:56 PM - 16 May, 2011
Hey Matt, please +1 ...........Tell Denon to stop c-blocking the deal and go with Serato. For anyone who doesn't know, Serato isn't nixing this, it's all about Denon. The real point is how many units they could sell if they would just pull the damn trigger. Someone up the food-chain at Denon made a deal.
raequan 4:22 PM - 17 May, 2011
I think this is a financial type of thing that serato would want to get paid by putting a scratchlive logo on the denon controller. But there could be hopefully for a MC-6000 MKII certified controller in the horizon......

im in for any type of controller with native support with platter control with mapped out VSL controller.

i already got what i want and them some with the MC-6000 just if i can only map the LED's to work
DJ Unique 4:40 AM - 18 May, 2011
Quote:
i already got what i want and then some with the MC-6000 just if i can only map the LED's to work

+1
WFUSteve 3:18 PM - 8 June, 2011
I'm the owner of a DJ/Events company, and as such, I've talked to a large number of mobile DJ's about "Nativizing" the Denon mc-6000 with SSL. There are quite a few of us Serato users who have been looking for a way to use our version of SSL (NOT itch) on the new generation of controllers. Many of us see the controller market as the future of DJing, and mobile DJ's by the thousands are flocking to them. Many seem to prefer the Denon MC 6000 for its features, compact size, and price, but are unable to use SSL with it. I personally have had to switch to traktor in order to use my Denon, and there are many other DJ's I know who are following suit. I'm sure plenty (like me) would be happy to continue using SSL with their various new contollers if given the opportunity, but the options are few and generally involve the ITCH software instead. DJ's are willing to change to other software (mainly Traktor) if need be in order to enjoy the benefits of these new controllers. Please start making SSL native on the Denon MC6000 and other controllers in this rapidly-expanding controller market!
poindxta 4:13 AM - 17 June, 2011
+1 please please bring native support to the dn-mc6000 just like the dn-hc4500!
Dj_Faze1 12:48 AM - 20 June, 2011
I got the MC6000 in the mail and looking foward to utilizing my sl3. I currently been using vdj and mixtrack pro since its much easier to set up than my 1200s for a one nite event. I am also placing my request for Denon's co-op for native support. I love my SSL, but I will not hesitate to retire it for a more practical solution. I have high hopes that the MC6000 will tie my equipment back together and to save the MAJOR INVESTMENT OF TIME AND MONEY I'VE ALREADY PLACED WITH SSL. So, Denon and Serato with all due respect MAKE IT HAPPEN. Thank You!!
Coryinlouky 11:33 PM - 29 June, 2011
We havent heard from Rane on this except for if we got enough people to vote it in then they would think about it....it really is rediculous...a tool is a tool, if it doesnt do what I need it to do, then I get the right tool. It's really ashame that no one at rane could write the code to recognize the jog wheel or lighting. evidentally traktor has.. Pioneer a few years ago thought they had the best thing with the cdj's....and then within no time....gone...it's ashame that Serato cant come up with a fix for this for the other mobile guys and club jocks out there like us.
dj rebel 7:35 PM - 30 June, 2011
Rane, Serato someboby PLEASE natively support the Denon DN-MC 6000. I bought mine this week, got midi maps from 2 generous DJs and am going to use it tomorrow in Toronto for the 1st time. Hey Serato, I had to buy a SL2 to use it as my Rane MP4 apparently does not have the audio out to make it work. So in other words you still make money by me using the MC-6000. So come on ...LIGHT US UP!!
DJ genuwine 4:59 PM - 3 July, 2011
I too want the Den on DN-MC 6000 as a native controller!!!!
DJ Matty G 2:42 PM - 4 July, 2011
I am really looking for something that has platter control and midi mixer all in one, the MC6000 is the only option for me, but I NEEEEEED better support from serato!!!

My friend also has SL1 and agrees so...

+2
Mattatya 8:24 AM - 6 July, 2011
+10 I finally saw the 6000 in person. I had no doubt it would look and feel amazing. I saw it lined up with all the other controller brand demos and by far it popped out the most. For one. How the hell are you going to lug the Pioneer controller around? I can't imagine that fitting in any dj booth. The vestax is cheap and plastic. I like the basics of it. But then there was the 6000. A little heavy but I have always loved that over featherweight products. It just feels like you are getting what you pay for. The controls were smooth and simple and being 6' 5" with huge hands I didn't feel confined to the knob placements.

The size is perfect for loading around. It just looks sexy and professional. The price point is great too. I own all denon cdj's and mixers for 6year and have never had issues. The only issue I have with the 6000 is that its not Serato!!!

I encourage everyone to send an email to Denon in support of making Serato Native

Denon DJ (USA) Technical Support:
1-630-741-0330 (United States & Canada only)
M-F 9am to 5pm (CST)
techsupport@d-mpro.com

Denon DJ (EU) Technical Support:
+44(0)1753 680023 – option 3 (United Kingdom)
M-F 9am to 5pm (GMT)
info@dm-pro.eu

Cheers
dj rebel 11:15 AM - 6 July, 2011
Quote:
+10 I finally saw the 6000 in person. I had no doubt it would look and feel amazing. I saw it lined up with all the other controller brand demos and by far it popped out the most. For one. How the hell are you going to lug the Pioneer controller around? I can't imagine that fitting in any dj booth. The vestax is cheap and plastic. I like the basics of it. But then there was the 6000. A little heavy but I have always loved that over featherweight products. It just feels like you are getting what you pay for. The controls were smooth and simple and being 6' 5" with huge hands I didn't feel confined to the knob placements.

The size is perfect for loading around. It just looks sexy and professional. The price point is great too. I own all denon cdj's and mixers for 6year and have never had issues. The only issue I have with the 6000 is that its not Serato!!!

I encourage everyone to send an email to Denon in support of making Serato Native

Denon DJ (USA) Technical Support:

1-630-741-0330 (United States & Canada only)

M-F 9am to 5pm (CST)

techsupport@d-mpro.com

Denon DJ (EU) Technical Support:

+44(0)1753 680023 – option 3 (United Kingdom)

M-F 9am to 5pm (GMT)

info@dm-pro.eu

Cheers

+1000
tekpro 6:05 PM - 6 July, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com

I'm not sure if this has been posted but check it out!

DJ Flip D'skript
Mattatya 10:47 PM - 12 July, 2011
Havn't heard back from Denon since my email. It will take a lot of hard hits with Denon for me to make a change in brand in the future. Hope they at least email me a robot response :)
dj rebel 1:17 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Havn't heard back from Denon since my email. It will take a lot of hard hits with Denon for me to make a change in brand in the future. Hope they at least email me a robot response :)

They make good products ONLY. Don't expect too much from their email responses..I have had BAD experiences on their answers on the MC 6000 and other products. It kinda SUCKS most of the time. REALLY!
dj rebel 8:16 PM - 23 July, 2011
This helps! After registering, select the 1st option.

MC6000 Poll - Need Your Feedback
by DENON on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 am

denondjforums.com
poindxta 8:52 PM - 24 July, 2011
here's our chance to get noticed by Denon! get on the forum and post that you want native support for SSL!
Coryinlouky 3:33 AM - 25 July, 2011
hey rane....instead of looking at this site to find out how many dj's want nativity...take a peek at youtube...to find out how many dj's have had to go there to learn how to map serato to this unit...there are 1000's...this is rediculous...
DJ Matty G 6:35 PM - 17 August, 2011
Right, I've had enough of this bullshit, it's clearly Rane who are being awkward about this whole thing. Traktor and VDJ work well with ANY midi controller, yet Serato only works with limited models that are of no interest to me. I'm going to buy the MC6000, then switch to VDJ, quite simply because you don't look after your customers!
dj rebel 9:45 PM - 17 August, 2011
Quote:
Right, I've had enough of this bullshit, it's clearly Rane who are being awkward about this whole thing. Traktor and VDJ work well with ANY midi controller, yet Serato only works with limited models that are of no interest to me. I'm going to buy the MC6000, then switch to VDJ, quite simply because you don't look after your customers!

+10

I'm thinking the same. I have the 6000 and VDJ. Hey I might like it. 2 SSLs boxes and 1 MP4 for sale soon maybe. They better hurry and light this baby up!
noonstar 10:21 PM - 22 August, 2011
getting mine in 2 days...really considering making the switch to TP2 if the native support doesnt come
Phuture2 1:37 AM - 24 August, 2011
Just look at who respondeded to the orginal post? Just DJS who care for our investment. Ever see anybody from serato answer any questions? the answer is "no". I really think its time to move onto another company or boycott scratch live! they show no ambition or any interest on what the DJS think or want done to add controllers. Guess pioneer holds the muscle here. Seems to me, serato just wants to update their SSL program and can give a crap less for control. "Hey serato might as well stop all controllers for support". Serato made the support for the native controllers and now you just either take it away whever you want and walk away. Maybe just maybe you can listen to people who bought your hardware and give back. Tell you what cancel all the only few controllers you guys do support and go back to the keyboard shortcuts, then well see who stills stays with your company. Sorry but i am a Pissed off MP4 and Denon DN-HD 2500 User who lost all support with Version 2.3
DJ Unique 4:24 AM - 16 September, 2011
bump
Biggbadd 4:39 AM - 26 September, 2011
Hey @ Dj Unique can u also emaill me the mapping for the mc6000 @ biggbaddjugglers@gmail.com I would realyvl appreciate it and also would b very thankful if u could do that please
Biggbadd 4:29 AM - 30 September, 2011
please serato make the 6000 native please the entire NY DJs is voting for that
DJ Master T 3:59 PM - 30 September, 2011
I started my "Digital Conversion" from vynil to Mp3 with the first Hercules controller. Then went with the Denon s5000's....HC5500, all of them with Virtual DJ.

Then s3700's Hybrid mode with a HC1000s. Tried Serato, and like it for music, and VDJ for Videos.

Then got my mixer x1700 traktor certified, and give it a shot...then TSP v2.0 came out and liked it also.

I've just bought a MC6000 just for the compact and simplicity. I like the response and support from VDJ and TSP.....even RPM.

But,....I'm considering selling my SL3 (as they have a great resell value, almost the price i paid for the mc6000) if I can't get this working with SSL.....

Serato, give us support....Here in Mexico a lot of SSL users are switching to VDJ and TSP. The DJ Booths are starting to put the techies aside and fill with laps and controllers......and I haven't see any of these with Itch.

U can still have the dongle deal with the SL3, and increase your share if you give this controller native support.

If not, many DJ's are already selling their SL3s......
Biggbadd 5:20 PM - 30 September, 2011
@ DJ Unique i have question for u since we have the mapping thx to u really appreciate that means allot to me anyway when serato have updates would the mapping still work for the updates
DJ Unique 8:19 AM - 1 October, 2011
@Biggbadd
I can't say that it will 100%.
So far so good though.
Biggbadd 2:09 PM - 1 October, 2011
Which serato update u r using now with 6000 mapping
DJ KIKINYC 2:59 PM - 1 October, 2011
Please Serato We are Crying for your Help Make It Native,please ,please
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:30 PM - 1 October, 2011
I'll die laughing if they give it to DJ Intro!!
Biggbadd 5:01 PM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:
Which serato update u r using now with 6000 mapping

@ DJ Unique
DJ Unique 5:41 AM - 3 October, 2011
version 2.2
Phattie J 4:21 PM - 3 October, 2011
Make Denon DN-MC6000 native. Please Serato gods, hear our prayer. Kudos for the Serato DJ Intro.
Phattie J 4:27 PM - 3 October, 2011
DJ Unique, do you have the xml file for the denon to work with SL4 to have all 4 decks work or does one use the SL3 xml.
DJ Unique 5:29 AM - 4 October, 2011
Sorry. The XML only controls 2 decks.

You can still route decks 3 & 4 into the MC6000 but since the XML is based off of the Denon HC4500, it might not work properly on 4 decks anyway. I sometimes use the 3rd deck as an instant double.
Biggbadd 6:24 PM - 4 October, 2011
@ dj unique
Hey I have another question I hope I'm not being a pain but I really admire and respect your generosity u don't normally see those traits in sumone these days. My question is can I add more mapping to the XML file that I receive from u
DJ Unique 4:29 AM - 5 October, 2011
@Biggbadd
You can use the XML however you see fit.
Modify, change or delete whatever you want.

Pretty much every single button has been mapped.
You have to play around to see what each button does.
JoeZ 5:58 PM - 7 October, 2011
DJ Unique, could you please share the mapping file and send it to yojangly@yahoo.com?

Thanks in advance
JoeZ 4:08 PM - 8 October, 2011
Please make the mc 6000 native!!!! I have spent so much money in you (ssl3, vsl) and consider myself a loyal custumer, but now you are making my $1000 investment obsolete ???? Look out, people's comment Can be heard, and talking negative about your product might hurt you in the long run. Perhaps I should sell my ssl3 and just familiarize with VDJ. If you look at it, I don't really Need ssl since the mc600 is natively supported and can do the same thing as sera to sl.

Everyone, we need to open our eyes and start looking for other options if serato won't listen to our requests

Thanks Dj unique for sharing the XML file
Phuture2 1:18 AM - 16 October, 2011
joez,

i feel the same way . I think its time to move on away from SSL. Seems like now they are concentrating on pushing on "dj intro." In my opinion, they work with the manufacturer to make the components native and after a few upgrades on the software its becomes obsolete and we are forced to either stay with the older outdated software or go out and buy another mixer or controller which they do support. I have had it with Serato doing that. I wish they would just make the SL box and keep supporting that. unfortunately "Rane" shares the blame on this as well.
R-A-C 8:59 AM - 16 October, 2011
i'd love to see support for the denon 6000 but i think it'd rather be a match for ITCH than SSL
Richie De Bell 9:22 PM - 3 November, 2011
Native support please for Denon MC 6000
Thanks
Spindu 7:02 PM - 14 November, 2011
I am in this boat as well. I have been using SSL for several years now and am a die hard fan of it. In the beginning I downloaded VDJ, and Tracktor, used it, and opted for SSL but I travel a lot and would love a controller that is compact and allow me to use my software on the road without taking a fill coffin of tabletops and a 4 channel mixer.

I've always been a fan so the Denon 6000 fits the bill for this perfectly, the only thing that would make it a slam dunk decision is for SSL to be native. I maybe end up buying this controller anyway but as is, it means its likely I will convert to another DJ software application...I really don't want 2.

NATIVE SUPPORT! If it's not that hard to program set it up for your long time users and us use the latest equipment! It'll sell itself.
vijay 4:21 PM - 17 November, 2011
Native Support!, andale andale!
Code Red 4:09 AM - 21 November, 2011
Can someone send me the XML file for the MC 6000? codereddj@gmail.com

Thanks!
USDJ 8:27 AM - 22 November, 2011
Let's make this happen. I already have a sizable investment in Serato products and just bought the MC6000. I bought VDJ Pro too. You all really need to consider that the world moves on, and this MC6000 controller needs native support. Please make it happen, soon. VDJ looks better all the time for this 20 year DJ veteran.

Best,

Paul
jamincivic 5:16 PM - 22 November, 2011
support the MC6000
Phuture2 9:37 PM - 22 November, 2011
+1
Deejae Smooth 3:18 PM - 24 November, 2011
+100 here

I have to go back to Serato because I'll be mixing video again and I love my 6000.
stevieb 5:56 PM - 2 December, 2011
+1

I am really hoping that Rane / Serato can hook up with Denon on this. It seems like it should be a no brainer!

It took me a while to move from CD to PC - because I was not confident in the reliability and stability of the software. Once I made the move, I went with Serato Scratch Live - and I haven't had any issues yet. Moving to VDJ or Traktor would be a difficult one for me -but I might just have to do it.
Deejae Smooth 7:23 PM - 6 December, 2011
+1 bump
skinnyguy 7:39 AM - 8 December, 2011
You can add my vote for native support. Please.
Dj_Faze1 2:53 PM - 25 December, 2011
if anyone needs the midi file for mc6000 hit me up. i got it set w platter control.
dj point 5:42 AM - 27 December, 2011
My vote also for native support for denon mc6000 Please PLEASE.
MarcelinhoDj 4:57 PM - 27 December, 2011
Can someone help me with mapping?
my email dvjmarcelinho@gmail.com
Biggbadd 4:58 PM - 27 December, 2011
Hey Can anyone answer this question
I have a midi file already in my folder for my Denon 6000 everything is working find my question is can I add more misidentified settings to the file that I have now if I could how can I do it . Please let me know anyone thank u
Biggbadd 5:01 PM - 27 December, 2011
Sorry about this word ( misidentified) that's my mistake just disregard that word in my previous post but please help me sumone
MarcelinhoDj 5:02 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
Hey Can anyone answer this question
I have a midi file already in my folder for my Denon 6000 everything is working find my question is can I add more misidentified settings to the file that I have now if I could how can I do it . Please let me know anyone thank u

can you send me this xml file?
Biggbadd 5:07 PM - 27 December, 2011
What's your email addy
MarcelinhoDj 5:10 PM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
What's your email addy

dvjmarcelinho@gmail.com
Biggbadd 5:17 PM - 27 December, 2011
Ok lookout for it tonite I'm at now so as soon as I get home
Biggbadd 8:13 PM - 27 December, 2011
Hey check your inbox
Djclaudioshortimontreal 4:58 PM - 29 December, 2011
Has anyone tried downloading Midi Pipe and Control Editor ? The 2 allow you to Map your controller and light it up. If I got my Kontrol X1 to work with SSL3 and I even designated a knob to control my crossfade for mixing my videos , I'm sure it could be done with any Midi Controller .. I too am presently looking for a light great looking unit to carry on my gigs Vs. carrying my DJ Kit of 2 CDJ 900's with a Allen & Heath Xone 62 Mixer, it gets very heavy and space consuming..
jesseg0304 6:31 PM - 29 December, 2011
Do you know of anything that will work on a PC that will perform the same function as Midi Pipe and Control Editor?
jesseg0304 6:44 PM - 29 December, 2011
I have contacted Denon about the MC6000 and have asked for the syntax on how to get the LED's to light up. Seems that no one can help. Also the way SCRATCHLIVE maps the contoller is unique to the software. You can't use a standard MIDI protocol file to get it to work. e.g.
ScratchLive defines the play button as:
<Control name="Play Forward A" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="66"/>

In the MIDI Protocol I would be looking at something like this 0x90 0x43 0x40
0x90= Note On, Channel 1
0x43= My Contoller Play Button
0x40=SW On
The LED should be 0xB0 0x4A 0x27
0xB0 = Channel 1
0x4A = On or 0x4B = Off or 0x4C = Blink
0x27 = Play Button

Any MIDI programers out there that know what software can be used to send these command to the controller to see if the LED's will light up. Seems MAC has a tool, but I use a PC.
Biggbadd 8:16 PM - 29 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
What's your email addy

dvjmarcelinho@gmail.com

Hey check your inbox in your email I sent 2 days ago
jesseg0304 1:05 AM - 30 December, 2011
jess_ang@sbcglobal.net
DJ Unique 5:23 AM - 30 December, 2011
Quote:
jess_ang@sbcglobal.net

Hey Jesse I sent you the XML.
jesseg0304 5:16 PM - 30 December, 2011
Thanks for the File, I combined some XML code from the Denon SC2000 to make the Library search function easier and Play in reverse. To bad Denon or Serato are playing hardball. If they could answer my question's I could probably get the led's to light up. From what I have read about MIDI there is away to add a scrpit file to perform this function. Basically the script is looking for a command from the XML file e.g. Play Button "On" then the script files send the MIDI code to light up the LED. The issue is that Serato has not answered the question on the proper syntax. If they followed the MIDI Protocol it would be easier. Denon on the other hand tells me that they dont know anything about the LED's they tell me to follow the HEX command in the manual. I find it hard to belive that they dont know.
DJ Andrew Langsam 8:00 PM - 30 December, 2011
Come on Rane and Denon, get it together.

Can someone send me the XML code for the mc6000?

aplangsam@gmail.com

Thanks!
DJ Unique 12:57 AM - 31 December, 2011
Sent DJ Andrew Langsam
DJ Unique 12:59 AM - 31 December, 2011
Hey Jesse,
If you ever get the lights to work normally without a workaround, let us know here or in the other discussion
serato.com
jesseg0304 9:15 PM - 10 January, 2012
Three weeks and counting and no responce from Serato. If you dont want to make it native then let us do it. Does not make sense why Serato is so stubburn. If it is all about the MONEY then more people will buy your box if it supports the controller. Look at VDJ and Traktor they are killing Serato. Serato is only digging there own grave.
SL2= $499 + controller = $1300
VDJ Full=$299 + controller = $1100. I now have $200 in my pocket.
Plus VDJ supports everything. From a Business point of view Searto is not going to last, remember the BetaMAX vs. VHS war. Serato=BetaMAX evryone else = VHS. Also remeber that VHS was repalced by DVD which is being replaced by B-Ray. So my prediction is that club owners and DJ's will drop Serato. Its like buying a Pinto.
skinnyguy 9:55 PM - 10 January, 2012
actually, buying a full version of vdj (since you own a controller) is $150.

you have to use the serial of the LE version that comes with it and tells u what to do when u r ready to purchase full.
jesseg0304 11:22 PM - 11 January, 2012
That is true, I now have more money in my pocket. Powered Speaker or Powered Monitors ?
See what I mean SERATO could be making more Money.
dj jahlumps 10:22 PM - 15 January, 2012
can someone please email me the mapping for the denon dn mc6000? you can email me at Djjahlumps@verizon.net thank you.
DJ Unique 10:52 PM - 15 January, 2012
Sent Dj jahlumps
engin_ear 4:48 PM - 18 January, 2012
+1 for Serato native mapping
DJae Melee 3:43 AM - 19 January, 2012
can someone please send me the mapping, all of it, and more to me...email is jp_artisticentertainment@yahoo.com!
DJ Unique 6:45 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
.....all of it, and more to me.....

Don't know what this means but the XML is sent.
Bertblank 5:44 PM - 21 January, 2012
DJ Unique, can you send me the XML: bertblank@yahoo.com? Thanks! BTW, would love for the Denon MC-6000 to become native!
DJ Unique 6:37 PM - 21 January, 2012
Sent Bertblanc
djgaryc 5:04 PM - 24 January, 2012
DJ Unique

Like every one else, many many thanks in help getting up and going with the MC6000.

Would you mind emailing me a copy of your XML file? dj_gc_666@hotmail.com

Gary
DJ Unique 12:23 AM - 25 January, 2012
Sent djgaryc
djgaryc 10:09 PM - 25 January, 2012
Excellent. thanks very much DJ Unique
JoeZ 10:27 PM - 26 January, 2012
Totally agree with jesseg0304. Serato thinks they are the only one dominating this digital DJ business. See how Research In Motion (RIM), creators of the famous blackbery, is struggling now after Apple and Android are taking their business. You better keep your customers happy and make an effor to listen to their needs.

You (Serato) might be the next one in the list.
DJ KIKINYC 3:01 AM - 27 January, 2012
Im still waiting for serato to make it native
Richie De Bell 8:26 PM - 29 January, 2012
Eveyone here shouting for a Native mapping, but do you see any answers or comments from the Serato guys here ???
But my opinon is its not Serato blocking this as much as Rane, I mean if I wanted to sell my (Expensive) Rane Mixers and think all DJ/VJs are going to buy it, well there you go,here we have it. How about making a couple of mid range priced Rane midi controllers for DJ/VJ use, and that will work with SSL and Itch, I mean you can read what we use on the Forum and, Dear Rane and Serato CEOs, When we "Jet around the world" from gig to gig, WE DON´T TAKE A BLOODY BIG HEAVY MIXER WITH US !!! so please just consider this when your next sales meeting comes up, and your wondering why people are buying other resonabily priced and smaller equipment.
skinnyguy 11:06 PM - 29 January, 2012
if it's because it's a mixer, then maybe if rane made an all-in-one CONTROLLER, i'd get that instead.

seriously.

that's the only reason WHY WE WANT THIS.
DJ KIKINYC 5:43 PM - 1 February, 2012
NATIVE SUPPORT FOR THIS MIDI CONTROLLER.
that's all we want we are waiting for it to happen
Biggbadd 6:01 PM - 1 February, 2012
Definitely correct if rane decide to make a midi controller with a built in mixer that solve all the issues but Denon is on top of that already making this mc6000 is the ultimate midi mixer controller so rane or serato please make it native I beg of u
Richie De Bell 7:24 PM - 1 February, 2012
well I only need the lights now mapped, just finished a new mapping with thx to two other members
DJ KIKINYC 10:47 PM - 1 February, 2012
Wellin this case why can some from serato sent us the led mapping we call a day,if we have the lights on/off ect... that will be good so please make it happen serato
skinnyguy 1:00 AM - 2 February, 2012
it just dawned on me that with this mixer, i don't really need to get a 62 or 68...using the sl box, i can still have time code control with cdj's AND all cue points and everything mapped.

...but i still want a 62. is that wrong?

but yea, having native support would make platter manipulation a lot better.
DJ Unique 2:52 AM - 2 February, 2012
Quote:
it just dawned on me that with this mixer, i don't really need to get a 62 or 68...using the sl box, i can still have time code control with cdj's AND all cue points and everything mapped.

...but i still want a 62. is that wrong?

but yea, having native support would make platter manipulation a lot better.

HaHaHa...
Same here except that I enjoy using real vinyl at home.
My 57SL might get sold though.
DJ KIKINYC 9:36 PM - 8 February, 2012
native support please
Dj Tony Morris 4:49 PM - 10 February, 2012
why can't Scratch Live work with Denon Dn-Mc6000
thats very sad that your own custmores got to make there own mapper for it..
there is no controler with a mixer that works with Scratch Live.... I bet if we all stop using it... and go with trackor Virtual DJ... right now there is more stuff out with Virtual DJ.....and that works better on the video part and do more then the Video SL....Serato say its Denon but keep it real it's the software if your custmores can do it...if the was smart if you had only one controler the works with live and still need your soundcard how much money that could be made..... people are not trying to bring all the heavey stuff to a event.... and why should i down grade to itch or any other Serato stuff.... People are not trying buy the same stuff we have but a down grade,,,,,, watch coz Virtual DJ is coming out strong and fast and cheeper.... I have this controler and it works great and also the denon 4500..... but sometimes you play in a small club you cant bring the big stuff.... ((SERATO NEEDS TO LISTEN WHAT THERE CUSTMORES WANT B4 THEY GO SOMEWHERE ELES)
Dj Tony Morris 4:30 PM - 16 February, 2012
Just came out today
Denon DJ DN-MC6000 - Now Compatible with MixVibes Cross
Watch out I know i'm going to try it
DJ Unique 7:27 PM - 16 February, 2012
Quote:
Isn't it also compatible with Virtual DJ and Traktor?
skinnyguy 8:46 PM - 16 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't it also compatible with Virtual DJ and Traktor?

yep
DJ KIKINYC 9:25 PM - 16 February, 2012
well serato it's time to make it happen
DJ Unique 10:12 PM - 16 February, 2012
OK so the MC6000 is native in Traktor, Virtual DJ and now MixVibes.
I'm still continuing with Serato Scratch Live.
Dj Tony Morris 10:24 PM - 17 February, 2012
Quote:
OK so the MC6000 is native in Traktor, Virtual DJ and now MixVibes.
I'm still continuing with Serato Scratch Live.

Dj Unique don't count on it.... they are to busy.... i'm starting to look on other new software..
if you have noticed none of them have replyed on here
DJ Unique 12:36 AM - 18 February, 2012
What I meant is that I'm staying on SSL. I'm way too comfortable with it. Not to mention that I also have an SL3, 57SL and now a 62. So I guess I'm deep in.
Dj Tony Morris 1:47 AM - 19 February, 2012
Quote:
What I meant is that I'm staying on SSL. I'm way too comfortable with it. Not to mention that I also have an SL3, 57SL and now a 62. So I guess I'm deep in.

LOL
Dj Tony Morris 1:48 AM - 19 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

I seen some newer stuff coming
Deejae Smooth 3:06 AM - 21 February, 2012
Native support for the Denon 6000 would be awesome but I don't think Serato cares.
DJ Droo P 3:26 AM - 22 February, 2012
I am stuck Using VDJ due to running video, Please Nativity +1.
I have been dying to use serato with my macbook pro but have hesitated because I love my Dennon mc6000 that much. Could someone please send me the xml so I could make the move please. agj80@bellsouth.net
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advnce
DJ Droo P 3:30 AM - 22 February, 2012
I am just tired of VDJ crashing or freezing and have heard of how stable SSL has always been. Somebody please help me with some direction. If there is a better software to run videos and use the mc6000 I will be more than happy to use it.
DJ Unique 5:35 AM - 22 February, 2012
Sent DJ Droo P

I use an early 2008 MacBook Pro with 4 gigs of ram on Snow Leopard. SL3, MC6000 controlling SSL and VSL. No problems whatsoever.
LaDjkaoz 9:49 AM - 22 February, 2012
I dont even know what to say...
I was planing on retiring my djm3000, denon hd 4500, and my PCDJVJ, for SSL4 w/vid plug-in and mixer controler but now that i seen no respond from rane, Im sticking with my old set up...
I understand rane has to make money with their new line of mixers and if they do that the sales of their new line would drop.. but as someone just say we would be buying more interfaces ssl3s and ssl4s video plug-ins plus rane would have more happy custumer that would be loyal to rane casue they do listen to their costumer.
unfortunelly rane is too selfish.
SHAME ON RANE
-1 custumer
Deejae Smooth 1:43 PM - 22 February, 2012
I think this is a Serato issue; not Rane.
DJ Droo P 3:59 PM - 22 February, 2012
Big Thanks DJ Unique,
Maybe I wont have to depend on a backup source so much anymore because of virtual dj crashing on me.
To any Serato Exec. that might be seeing this post, the best form of promotion is word of mouth. If you have literally thousands of DJ's asking you to make the dennon native, it is for a reason. you will sell thousands more programs just by making a single move to create a little bit of code and teaming with dennon (which I am told is willing to put your brand on their products anyway). Food for thought, if it is about creating business it will pay for itself.
LaDjkaoz 11:58 PM - 22 February, 2012
i hope Native Instruments go VJ too that would be just perfect, imagen PIONEER DDJT1 native suport for VJ and platter pluss 4 decks... it may be big but fits all my needs as a mobil DJ VJ pluss the quality of pioneer.
skinnyguy 7:00 PM - 23 February, 2012
if you're using windows, yeah, vdj would probably be better than vsl.

if you're on a mac, no problem running vsl. better yet, i use ssl + ME with my denon 6000.
skinnyguy 7:01 PM - 23 February, 2012
also native support for the 6000 has nothing to do with vsl stability.
Superwilly 2:35 PM - 24 February, 2012
DJ Wilhelm
Bitte an Native, unterstützen sie doch MC6000 und SSl3 für Serato Sl
Danke. Virtual DJ ist keine Alternative zu Serato Sl.

Danke
Dj Tony Morris 11:34 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
Native support for the Denon 6000 would be awesome but I don't think Serato cares.

they are too busy.... denon is on bored to make it happen
Dj Tony Morris 11:37 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
I am stuck Using VDJ due to running video, Please Nativity +1.
I have been dying to use serato with my macbook pro but have hesitated because I love my Dennon mc6000 that much. Could someone please send me the xml so I could make the move please. agj80@bellsouth.net
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advnce

on it's way droo p
dj point 3:22 AM - 26 February, 2012
We NEED Native support for the Denon MC6000
DJ KIKINYC 11:09 PM - 26 February, 2012
we do need it please
Deejae Smooth 7:10 PM - 27 February, 2012
Just to throw yet another log on the fire here; I've recently moved back in with Serato Scratch Live after living with Virtual Dj. The ONLY reason I even tried VDJ was because it's natively supports the Denon 6000.

I spent the weekend getting used to the XML file that is making the rounds that maps Scratch Live to the 6000 via midi mapping.

The Denon 6000 coupled with Scratch Live is just awesome. It's like peanut butter and jelly. ;)

If anyone from Serato is reading this, you're going to have to bite the bullet and start supporting actual controllers (not just CD players) with Scratch Live and you might as well start with the 6000. Us users will continue to nag the sh*t out of you guys until you get the native support thing going. You're holding us back from marrying your awesome software with an equally awesome piece of hardware from Denon.
skinnyguy 8:34 PM - 27 February, 2012
it's like a 62....but with 2 mic inputs...and platter control...sorta.

but no 2nd usb port.
skinnyguy 8:35 PM - 27 February, 2012
hmm...maybe that's why they won't do it..
Deejae Smooth 8:39 PM - 27 February, 2012
It's way more than a 62. It's probably one of the best pieces of gear Denon has released in a long time.
DJ KIKINYC 2:48 AM - 3 March, 2012
We need denon mc 6000 support
erivera941 5:43 AM - 3 March, 2012
we need denon mc 6000 support...let's make it NATIVE
supratt 5:18 AM - 6 March, 2012
Make it native +1000000000000
stevieb 3:04 AM - 11 March, 2012
So I just bit the bullet and bought the MC 6000. How do I get my hands on this map file???

Thanks
sb
DJ Unique 7:42 AM - 11 March, 2012
What's your email address?
dj rebel 4:21 AM - 13 March, 2012
I have not visited here in a while. Keep On Keeping Up the native support pressure for the Denon DN MC6000. Good Job.
Deejae Smooth 12:44 PM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
Keep On Keeping Up the native support pressure for the Denon DN MC6000. Good Job.

Amen to that.
DJ KIKINYC 2:22 AM - 14 March, 2012
Amen to that +1
djpapajohn 11:41 AM - 20 March, 2012
Greetings, DJ's & Selectas. I've been watching videos for the last three weeks trying to get the mapper file for denon dn-mc6000 & sl2 with scratch live.
I've email numerous folks, but to no avail. I hope to have better luck here?
I'm using (MAC)
SL2
Scratch Live 2.3
Denon dn mc-6000
My email is djpapajohn2k1@yahoo.com
I'm really trying to move away from virtual dj but they ain't making it easy for a brother..
djpapajohn 11:45 AM - 20 March, 2012
Oh, thanks in advance for the link & hard wuk that I can't figure out...
Deejae Smooth 12:49 PM - 20 March, 2012
I'll send you the file I use.
djpapajohn 1:01 PM - 20 March, 2012
Gracious Deejae Smooth Bless Up & Give Thanks.
I'll be waiting refreshing my inbox. This is the 1st response I've had in 3 weeks and 13hours.
Deejae Smooth 1:13 PM - 20 March, 2012
I won't be back in the studio until tonight so give me a few hours; I'm out of town atm.
djpapajohn 1:37 PM - 20 March, 2012
Coolio, breads. Safety on the roads. I've waited this long & have virtue.
Thanks again in advance.
Biggbadd 5:36 PM - 20 March, 2012
Blessed luv king check yo in box I sent u the file
djpapajohn 7:58 PM - 20 March, 2012
Give thanks for the guidance with this. I guess I was looking in the wrong places. I don't have time until later tonight, but I see the platters are working, play, cue, haven't figured the cross fader yet, pitch, volumes, just need a lil more time, but again allyuh (all of you all) have been super helpful. Link me back if I can ever help.
djpapajohn 2:05 AM - 21 March, 2012
Thanks again Smooth & Biggbadd. I can now rest a little easier.
Time to celebrate with a Guinness & once Serato or Denon come out with the N word support for this wicked machine then 1st round on me....
Bless Up Every-Time-Afta-Time!
Lebanese_dj 6:42 AM - 21 March, 2012
Please someone share with me the mapping..
ashraf_hoss@yahoo.com thank you
Biggbadd 4:24 PM - 21 March, 2012
@ djpapajohn no worries me idren yo safer than salasie briefcase article respect to d I Blessup anytime yo need assistance don't hesitate
Biggbadd 4:28 PM - 21 March, 2012
@labsnese_dj check your inbox
Deejae Smooth 6:08 PM - 21 March, 2012
With the XML file, you'll be able to use the 6000 but there are still minor things that are missing.

I couldn't figure out how to get the cue button on the 6000 to function like the cue button on the CDJ 400, which is natively supported in Scratch.
I also couldn't figure out how to get the platters on the 6000 to adjust the loop in and out points like the CDJ 400.

Minor things but they do make a difference.
djpapajohn 9:16 PM - 21 March, 2012
Give thanks. I just received another xml mapper file today, sorry I don't have the name to Big You Up......pause, but I will reply with a thank you. I have a mapper for each day of the week. Not complaining I'm in awww from the awesome response. I wish I was comfortable enough to use it for my radio show tonight, but still a lil nervous.

Question? I've used vdj for the past 5 years I know you can edit the mapper file. Can the same be done in scratch live? For example Smooth, say I wanted to change the mapper you sent to make cue 1 the play button? Just saying, if I could figure out vdj mapping that means it's pretty elementary, but scratch live does not have the info pane showing what buttons are mapped to the buttons on the dn-mc6000
djpapajohn 9:22 PM - 21 March, 2012
Never mind Mr. Ramon answered my question about editing the mapper file...DON'T DO IT!
Thanks again fellow DJ & Selectas & Hobbyist. Blessings All-Round!
Deejae Smooth 9:28 PM - 21 March, 2012
I would add to that. Save a copy of the xml file somewhere outside of the Serato folder in the music area of your mac and then you can play around all you want. if you make a mistake and want to go back, you can just copy the original file into the working directory and you're good to go.

To play around with it, make sure your copy of the xml file is loaded and then open the midi area and go through the normal midi mapping process for scratch live, saving your changes to the xml file.

I spent a lot of time playing around with mapping some of the loop buttons in scratch live to certain controls on the Denon 6000. I ultimately decided to buy a set of the Novation dicers because they're supported by Scratch.
djpapajohn 9:40 PM - 21 March, 2012
I saw those dicers as well, but was trying to cut down on packing up equipment at the end of the night, but on the other hand I use loops ALOT!! So may have to go that route. Thanks for the advice Mr. Smooth..
djpapajohn 9:42 PM - 21 March, 2012
Oh yea, DJ Ray big-up's give thanks for the file.
djpapajohn 9:56 PM - 21 March, 2012
Last thing..........for now
I figured out the crossfader issue I had to adjust to a/b switches, but is there anyway to get the play play to stutter instead of pause? When i set my cue point with control comma and press play it does not start at that point it starts at the begging of the song.
The play/stutter is more important though.
Thanks in advance.
Biggbadd 11:53 PM - 21 March, 2012
U don't need stutter if have cue points on your songs thats the most impotant ting about serato I'm gonna email my number and u call me direct ill give u all the help u need @ DJ papajohn
Deejae Smooth 1:06 AM - 22 March, 2012
in the file that i sent you, the sync button is mapped to switch the platters from cd to vinyl mode; not sure if that will help or not.
SSDJS 2:50 AM - 22 March, 2012
Can someone send me the file and instructions.
I am using the Rane SL3 box.
Thank You,
DJ Bobby
ssdjs@att.net
djpapajohn 12:13 PM - 22 March, 2012
Give thanks. Biggbadd.
DJ Bobby I have the sl2, which I think is the same file. I'll be glad to pass the blessings. Hold tight 5mins.
djpapajohn 3:50 AM - 23 March, 2012
Did you get it DJ Bobby?
Yo, I'm getting hip to it...even though vdj have de features, scratch live response & sound quality wicked ta wrass.
I found out how to stutter once play is pressed. I guess allyuh (you guys) call it instant doubles...? Where my peps from instant doubles is ah type food...lol.
On the real though, how do I get the DJ-efx (echo, flange, etc) to work?
I see the mc-6000 is mapped with fx buttons and knobs that move in SL, but the actually fx are not being heard..
What is the serato rookie doing wrong?
BTW...I'm suppose to be asleep, but this ish is like herb...make ya feel nice :-)
I've MASTERED VDJ on the midi, wanna be just as nice pon serato. Give thanks for the input.
DJ Unique 4:31 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
Did you get it DJ Bobby?
Yo, I'm getting hip to it...even though vdj have de features, scratch live response & sound quality wicked ta wrass.
I found out how to stutter once play is pressed. I guess allyuh (you guys) call it instant doubles...? Where my peps from instant doubles is ah type food...lol.
On the real though, how do I get the DJ-efx (echo, flange, etc) to work?
I see the mc-6000 is mapped with fx buttons and knobs that move in SL, but the actually fx are not being heard..
What is the serato rookie doing wrong?
BTW...I'm suppose to be asleep, but this ish is like herb...make ya feel nice :-)
I've MASTERED VDJ on the midi, wanna be just as nice pon serato. Give thanks for the input.

Try pressing the button right below the FX scroll.
Also make sure you have selected player 1 and 2 in the FX menu.
djpapajohn 4:37 AM - 23 March, 2012
Okay. I did that but didn't have the deck 1 or 2 selected. Give thanks Unique.
DJ Unique 4:42 AM - 23 March, 2012
Quote:
Okay. I did that but didn't have the deck 1 or 2 selected. Give thanks Unique.

No problem.
Deejae Smooth 12:58 PM - 23 March, 2012
I wonder if Serato is watching this thread....
djpapajohn 1:25 PM - 23 March, 2012
I hope so...if you guys can do it & get 95% of the features/controls to work...... I could imagine what the so called pro's could do.
Quick story & then another question.
In regards to professionals. I called denon when I received my 1st mac-book for assistance with vdj & the mc-6000. Too make it short, these cats go by a script. This DENON TECHNICIAN PRO swore up & down that vdj & mc-6000 could NOT mirror each other. I may not be using correct terminology, but I was clear to the tech pro in explaining to him when I had vdj on windows I would cross fade on mc-6000 & the cross.fader would move on the screen,.as well as every other action such as volume, pitch control, loops, etc.
I thanked him for his assistance & told him not to be offended, but it could be done because I've experienced it first hand. All he could say was ” this is how we were told & if you watched our instructional video you would see that.
Basically it can be done as you know. Configuration was the same I just forgot to switch the pc/mac from one to the other.

Now another last question. In vdj you can pitch bend with the jog wheel or fine tune bend? I know the top platter you scratch, but below the silver ring in vdj I believe is called jog bend. Am I missing a button to activate it?
Thanks for the help again.
Deejae Smooth 6:33 PM - 23 March, 2012
there are pitch bend buttons on the Denon 6000 so you'll have to experiment with mapping those buttons to the pitch bend buttons in the software.

I think i mentioned this earlier but in my xml file, I have the sync button on the Denon 6000 mapped to switch Scratch Live between CD and Vinyl mode for how the platters work with the software.
djpapajohn 12:42 AM - 24 March, 2012
Sorry, your correct. I have so many now I'm getting them mixed up. I think I'm confident to use it at my, gig tonight.
I will update Sunday., Have a safe weekend dj's & selectas. Happy spinning.
Lebanese_dj 12:35 PM - 27 March, 2012
Hey Deejae Smooth or anyone else, please send me the updated mapper,the XML that maps the jogwheel them from scratch to bend mode so i dont accidently touch it and the music stops...

thank u
StudioBug 10:16 PM - 29 March, 2012
DJ Unique, Thank you for saving us with the midi Mapping of this unit.
Can you save me also? My email is buggout78@yahoo.com.
Thank you so much.
Deejae Smooth 10:40 PM - 29 March, 2012
need email address Lebanese..
wilhouse 2:53 AM - 30 March, 2012
i have a denon dn-mc 6000 ? need to uses the jogwheels
DJ Unique 5:46 AM - 30 March, 2012
Quote:
i have a denon dn-mc 6000 ? need to uses the jogwheels

Dj _Rewind 6:21 PM - 30 March, 2012
can you send it to Erwingt@gmail.com Please Bro :)
DJ Unique 11:33 PM - 30 March, 2012
Sent Dj_Rewind
Dj _Rewind 12:10 AM - 31 March, 2012
thanks Dj Unique :)
djpapajohn 1:48 PM - 31 March, 2012
Tired to use scratch live last night with numark ndx800. It wasn't pretty. Kept switching between rel and int mode by itself, cdj's decent. I can honestly say even though ALL the features won't work I prefer the.DN-Mc6000 by far. Thanks again for the mappers.
djpapajohn 1:26 PM - 1 April, 2012
Okay been playing with the mappers.
I like djray xml because I can delete cues from the mc-6000
and I like fernando xml because I can control the dj fx from mc-6000 is there one out that can do both? Finally got my kb cover overlay so this mac/serato making a lil more sense. Scratching is wicked and on point as well as sound quality.
VJKire 9:01 PM - 1 April, 2012
I am a professional for 30 years, working with VJD, MacBook Pro 15 "Intel Core i7 quad-core 2.2 GHz 8GB 1333MHz
SSD 128GB HD-Intel Graphics AMD Radeon HD 3000-6750M with 1GB of memory GDDR5
Iomega eGo 1TB FireWire800 BlackBelt
Denon DN MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro 7.0.5
LION OSX 10.7.3

But not very happy! !
I wanted to try SERATO VIDEO
I can give impressions work, and the file mapping for DN MC6000 to my mail dvi.2004@virgilio.it
thanks
DJ Unique 7:17 AM - 2 April, 2012
Quote:
I am a professional for 30 years, working with VJD, MacBook Pro 15 "Intel Core i7 quad-core 2.2 GHz 8GB 1333MHz
SSD 128GB HD-Intel Graphics AMD Radeon HD 3000-6750M with 1GB of memory GDDR5
Iomega eGo 1TB FireWire800 BlackBelt
Denon DN MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro 7.0.5
LION OSX 10.7.3

But not very happy! !
I wanted to try SERATO VIDEO
I can give impressions work, and the file mapping for DN MC6000 to my mail dvi.2004@virgilio.it
thanks

Hi VJKire,
I sent you the XML however you will still an SL2 or similar for you to be able to use Serato Scratch Live.
DJ Unique 7:20 AM - 2 April, 2012
Quote:
Okay been playing with the mappers.
I like djray xml because I can delete cues from the mc-6000
and I like fernando xml because I can control the dj fx from mc-6000 is there one out that can do both? Finally got my kb cover overlay so this mac/serato making a lil more sense. Scratching is wicked and on point as well as sound quality.

You can midi map (change) any one of those XML's and rename or save the file.
djpapajohn 9:29 AM - 2 April, 2012
Unique. I'm confident mapping in vdj, but was informed if I alter the mappers I have could screw the whole thing up. I'll play around with it and if it does mess up I have the originals.
Side note what's y'all opinion using those dicers as a sampler?
I know serato has sp-6 with ABCD banks (haven't found short cut to switch between the banks) but with my mix style doing carib parties is heavy with samples and having someone reaching over while you mixing......kinda annoying. Currently I'm using my spare laptop with sound plant sampler program 47 banks.
Deejae Smooth 7:16 PM - 2 April, 2012
I have yet..another...reason we need native support for the Denon 6000.

I recently purchased the Midideck app for my iPad 2. The app has an xml file that they built so that the app can control features in Scratch Live. Only one problem. Scratch Live will only work with one xml file at a time. Since we have to use an xml file to make the Denon 6000 work, it means the Midideck app is out in the cold. I tried combining the two xml files into one but that was a disaster as both the Midideck app and the 6000 were trying to reference the same controls in their respect xml files.

If we had native support for the 6000, we would be able to use the iPad app alongside the Denon 6000 and all would be right with the world.

I'm just sayin...
djpapajohn 7:41 PM - 2 April, 2012
Say ” I ” as well..
DJ Provost 3:02 PM - 3 April, 2012
@DJ Unique...any chance I could get you to send me a copy of the XML mapping file for the MC6000? deejayprovost@gmail.com.

Does this mapping contain the hack for the platters? Also do you know if this mapping will also work on the smaller sister unit (MC3000)?

Thanks in advance
DJ Provost
DJ Unique 4:41 PM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
@DJ Unique...any chance I could get you to send me a copy of the XML mapping file for the MC6000? deejayprovost@gmail.com.

Does this mapping contain the hack for the platters? Also do you know if this mapping will also work on the smaller sister unit (MC3000)?

Thanks in advance
DJ Provost

Sent DJ Provost.
The platters do work.
I don't know if this works on the MC3000. I don't think the MC3000 has line inputs so you wouldn't be able to route your SL device thru it.
DJ Provost 6:40 PM - 3 April, 2012
@Unique...thanks I received the file! That will be a big help.

I am going to assume that the MC3000 will work fine given the fact that they are essentially the exact same model with only very minimal difference (size and # of channel faders). The MC3000 does in fact have 2 line inputs which you could run the SL1 box through.

I will provide an update to the forum in the next couple of weeks once i have picked up the MC3000 and had a chance to play around with the unit and mapping file.
walbert 3:04 AM - 4 April, 2012
please help how to map the volume faders and the jog wheel please for the dn-mc 6000 my email is walbert1973@yahoo.com thankyou
djpapajohn 4:18 AM - 4 April, 2012
I don't know about help mapping,but I sent one of the mappers that have been passed into me.
djpapajohn 4:19 AM - 4 April, 2012
Sorry onto...DJ Walbert.
@djmickdaboss 1:47 PM - 5 April, 2012
Hey DJ Unique i see that you are the right man to contact for this! can you please send me the mapping file to djmickny@gmail.com thanks a million by the way i need the mac version
DJ Unique 3:25 PM - 6 April, 2012
Quote:
Hey DJ Unique i see that you are the right man to contact for this! can you please send me the mapping file to djmickny@gmail.com thanks a million by the way i need the mac version

Sent you the XML already.
djpapajohn 1:32 PM - 9 April, 2012
Okay, loving the djray xml. I can delete cues, scratch or jog, control my sampler, the lopping still getting use to, and just found outi can control the dj fx with the one button control...(echo out awesome) ALL FROM THE MC-6000
The next question I think the answer is NO, but maybe serato or forum member figured out.
Now that I have an extra laptop I use it as a 47bank sampler. I'm hooked into the aux 2 on mc-6000. Is there a way when I record my mixes that scratch would record them? I haven't tried yet. I know in vdj you can't do this. If not I guess the only way would be to purchase a recorder and use the record out rca in/out on the back of mc-6000..
Thanks in advance again.
Wise 1 10:49 PM - 10 April, 2012
Hey DJ Unique,

I appreciate all the help and work you've put in to make the Denon 6000 work. Can I get a copy of that XML file? DJWyze1@gmail.com. I'm using a MBP and Lion. Thanks!
DJ Unique 5:30 AM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
Hey DJ Unique,

I appreciate all the help and work you've put in to make the Denon 6000 work. Can I get a copy of that XML file? DJWyze1@gmail.com. I'm using a MBP and Lion. Thanks!

Sent Wise 1

No problem though cause all I did was use an XML from the Denon Forum, which had the jog wheels already mapped and I re-mapped everything else. I noticed that a lot of people on here needed this XML so I have been offering it to all.
DJ KIKINYC 6:40 PM - 11 April, 2012
Hey DJ Unique,
you are the best you listen to us more then serato does if it was for you the Denon 6000 would of be native... nuff respect to you.
dj rickalvin 5:22 PM - 12 April, 2012
Please Dj Unique, can u send me a copy of the xml to dj.rickalvin@hotmail.com would appreciate a lot.
Biggbadd 7:22 PM - 12 April, 2012
Hey @djpapajohn can tell what's the name of the sampler software u use I'm thinking of getting a secondary sampler software myself but I'm looking for free one
djpapajohn 8:05 PM - 12 April, 2012
Sound plant its $35 bucks. Send me ya email again.
I'll try & send the key they sent me. Program is awesome.
djpapajohn2k1@yahoo.com
Biggbadd 8:08 PM - 12 April, 2012
Biggbaddjugglers@gmail.com give nuff thx rasta
djpapajohn 8:11 PM - 13 April, 2012
Sorry so late Biggbadd. I just forward de email to you lion. Check ya inbox. Bless up & enjoy.
Teach 11:15 PM - 17 April, 2012
yo DJ Unique can you please send me the xlm file also? im helping a buddy out that just bought a 6000 controller.

Mahalo from the Aloha State!

--EP@purecoalition.com
Teach 12:14 AM - 18 April, 2012
sorry my bad ep@purecoalition.com
DJ Unique 1:08 AM - 18 April, 2012
Sent Teach
djpapajohn 1:02 PM - 20 April, 2012
Wow, after 3 different recording devices! I thought my mc-6000 was shot because every time I'd record using rec out it would sound Ivan The Terrible.
Never would of thought to use booth send to record.
Now I can use a cheap digital recorder to record mixes since serato can't record on the fly. Now my recording include mixing, fading, and even my external sampler and it sounds grrrrreat! This forum is awesome. Give Thanks Bigg Badd Jugglers for that advice and DJ Rays .xml mapper (the closest thing to naive support) that is going to make me a STAR! And big-up's to all the DJ's and Selectas that spread the knowledge helping out business..
SAFETY & BLESSINGS TO ALL....BOOM!
dj point 10:37 PM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
Hey DJ Unique,
you are the best you listen to us more then serato does if it was for you the Denon 6000 would of be native... nuff respect to you.

I have to agree. I moved on to tractor pro due to no support for the mc6000 and I use virtual dj for my videos. I love to purchas serato video
SSDJS 7:28 PM - 24 April, 2012
Hello DJ Unique,

Can you please email me the XML file?
Plase email to ssdjs@att.net
I am using the Rane SL3 box with an HP Laptop.
Anybody try an SL4 yet controlling 4 decks ?
Thanks!
DJ Unique 4:24 AM - 25 April, 2012
Sent SSDJS
Quote:
Hello DJ Unique,

Can you please email me the XML file?
Plase email to ssdjs@att.net
I am using the Rane SL3 box with an HP Laptop.
Anybody try an SL4 yet controlling 4 decks ?
Thanks!

The platters can only control 2 decks.
Dj YungTy 2:01 PM - 25 April, 2012
Hey everyone im new to serato and i have recieved the xml from dj Unique( much thanks) may i also get the dj ray xml from anyone who has it so i can get a good understanding..also with fernando my crossfader dosent work or is set up the wrong way...and im unsure of how to switch from vinyl to cd on it...all help would be appreciated..email is Tvalentine921@gmail.com...have a good day all
DJ Unique 7:09 PM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:
Hey everyone im new to serato and i have recieved the xml from dj Unique( much thanks) may i also get the dj ray xml from anyone who has it so i can get a good understanding..also with fernando my crossfader dosent work or is set up the wrong way...and im unsure of how to switch from vinyl to cd on it...all help would be appreciated..email is Tvalentine921@gmail.com...have a good day all

If you use CDs as well you can use:
Post Fader 1 = Left CD
Post Fader 2 = Left SSL
Post Fader 3 = Right SSL
Post Fader 4 = Right CD

Make sure you choose the correct post fader setting "A / B / THRU", located on the front of the MC6000.
Dj YungTy 4:50 AM - 28 April, 2012
so i got everything work thanks to xml file and the leds from the traktor trick.....the only problem is the jogwheel.it does work but very slow and incapable of doing scratches or brackspin....like i have to keep spinning it 10 times backwards just to go back 3 beats, same with foward spins  i tried some different settings on the intervals and sensitivity but no change.does anyone know how to fix or a certain setting that works?
Dj YungTy 4:51 AM - 28 April, 2012
Oh and thanks alot unique for all the help
DJ Unique 5:45 AM - 28 April, 2012
Quote:
so i got everything work thanks to xml file and the leds from the traktor trick.....the only problem is the jogwheel.it does work but very slow and incapable of doing scratches or brackspin....like i have to keep spinning it 10 times backwards just to go back 3 beats, same with foward spins&nbsp;&nbsp;i tried some different settings on the intervals and sensitivity but no change.does anyone know how to fix or a certain setting that works?

Update to the latest Quick Time.
Dj YungTy 2:16 PM - 29 April, 2012
Ok did it and it worked and now my play pause button just plays the track but when i press pause it just slows it down
DJ Unique 8:24 PM - 29 April, 2012
Quote:
Ok did it and it worked and now my play pause button just plays the track but when i press pause it just slows it down

I don't know why. I've never heard of this happening.
Try deleting the XML file in your MIDI folder and re-download my original one from my email.
DJ Strand 5:28 AM - 7 May, 2012
Can you send it to jlstrandberg@yahoo.com ?

Thank you so much DJ Unique!
DJ Unique 5:56 AM - 7 May, 2012
Sent DJ Strand
itazmaniac1 12:08 PM - 18 May, 2012
+1 Please send ot djtaz@comcast.net

Thx Unique!
DJ Unique 2:45 PM - 18 May, 2012
Sent itazmaniac1
Dj Superyam 5:50 PM - 26 May, 2012
please can you send me the xml file please djscottmerrett@googlemail.com
DJ Unique 8:19 AM - 27 May, 2012
Sent DJ Superyam
Biggbadd 12:26 AM - 1 June, 2012
Hey do anyone of u guys ever experience a leaking problem with the crossfader of the mc 6000
DJ Unique 1:00 AM - 1 June, 2012
Nope.
Biggbadd 1:07 AM - 1 June, 2012
I just started experience it so I want to kno what's next to do
LaDjkaoz 9:58 AM - 11 June, 2012
+1
Gabi Vegas 7:19 AM - 12 June, 2012
1+ djvegas2004@gmail.com
Deejae Smooth 4:00 PM - 15 June, 2012
I emailed them on supporting the 6000 and Mix Emergency; here's the reply:
--------------------------
Hi DJ Smooth,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts, we always love to hear from our users.

We have focused on a selected number of projects this year and unfortunately we were unable to offer support for the Denon-MC6000.

We do understand that Serato Video was lacking although with the new Serato Video we are aiming for regular updates with new features. Keep an eye on our website or our Facebook page for regular updates.

Thanks,

Jono Bougen
Sales Co-ordinator

Serato INC LP
Private Bag 92015, AMSC
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
DJ Unique 6:01 PM - 15 June, 2012
We had already heard they would not support the MC6000.

As far as ME, well they never officially supported it.
Inklen was able to make a plug-in that worked on SSL and Serato said nothing.

I see one of 4 things happening:
Inklen will make it work again and Serato may or may not sue.
Inklen will continue updating but not able to go past SSL 2.3.3
Inklen will make ME compatible with other software.
Inklen will make a stand-alone audio/video solution that will be mappable on any midi device.

Only time will tell.
skinnyguy 8:14 PM - 16 June, 2012
i really doubt that last one will come to fruition.

at the moment, ms pinky would probably be the next thing ME could jump to. but traktor would be nice...or even The One....or vdj.
DJ Unique 12:00 AM - 17 June, 2012
That's why it's #4
LaDjkaoz 3:05 PM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:
HI DJ'S I bought a DENON MC-6000 and I thing that is one of the best midi controllers right now. The problem is that I'm BIG BIG serato scratch live (fun) user and I don't wanna go back to VDJ (I thing this is for kids any more)
So instead of trying mapping Denon I thing thperhapat RANE must do something to make this MIDI works natively with SSL3. I Thing this is the perfect combination for mobile dj's like me and many others....who don't want to carry heavy equipment.

Perhaps we should return their interface and ask for a retund for lack of custumersuport or take legal accion.
DJ Unique 6:08 PM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
So instead of trying mapping Denon I thing thperhapat RANE must do something to make this MIDI works natively with SSL3. I Thing this is the perfect combination for mobile dj's like me and many others....who don't want to carry heavy equipment.

Perhaps we should return their interface and ask for a retund for lack of custumersuport or take legal accion.

I think you're wrong.
Rane & Serato have one of the best customer support in this business.
The problem may be that Denon and Serato h
DJ Unique 6:12 PM - 18 June, 2012
Damn it!!!!

I think you're wrong.
Rane & Serato have one of the best customer support in this business.
The problem may be that Denon and Serato have not agreed on a $$$ figure or possibly due to fact that "all-in-one controllers" for Serato have been mainly for Itch. SSL is a vinyl emulation software and not marketed for controllers.
LaDjkaoz 4:58 AM - 19 June, 2012
you can think what ever you want...

WE DONT NEED WHAT YOU THINK

we need native suport from SSL 3 & 4 on the denon MC6000, and if possible on the other MIDI and HID controlers.

yes you are correct about itch and SSL. then again this is not the point of this treath...

if rane could see that there are lot of djs interested on SSL that are going midi but cant spend over 4000 on pioneers or decks or simply want to travel more compact. as me im a mobil dj and want and i need 4 decks but is very expensive buying 4 decks and carring all that gear is just too much gear and too much set up. now if i had the MC6000 and SSL 4 thats a top of the line set up. and very compact.

NOW IF RANE, DENON AND PIONEER WOULD SEE THAT THERS A LOT OF MAKET (MONEY) FOR ALL COMPANIES.
DJ Unique 5:43 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

WE DONT NEED WHAT YOU THINK

we need native suport from SSL 3 & 4 on the denon MC6000, and if possible on the other MIDI and HID controlers.

yes you are correct about itch and SSL. then again this is not the point of this treath...

if rane could see that there are lot of djs interested on SSL that are going midi but cant spend over 4000 on pioneers or decks or simply want to travel more compact. as me im a mobil dj and want and i need 4 decks but is very expensive buying 4 decks and carring all that gear is just too much gear and too much set up. now if i had the MC6000 and SSL 4 thats a top of the line set up. and very compact.

NOW IF RANE, DENON AND PIONEER WOULD SEE THAT THERS A LOT OF MAKET (MONEY) FOR ALL COMPANIES.

You keep saying Rane when you should be saying Serato.
LaDjkaoz 5:55 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

SERATO LISTEN TO YOUR USER....

if SERATO could see that there are lot of djs interested on SSL that are going midi but cant spend over 4000 on pioneers or decks or simply want to travel more compact. as me im a mobil dj and want and i need 4 decks but is very expensive buying 4 decks and carring all that gear is just too much gear and too much set up. now if i had the MC6000 and SSL 4 thats a top of the line set up. and very compact.

NOW IF SERATO, DENON AND PIONEER WOULD SEE THAT THERS A LOT OF MAKET (MONEY) FOR ALL COMPANIES.

You keep saying Rane when you should be saying Serato.
Biggbadd 8:32 PM - 15 July, 2012
Hey guys do any of u ever experience mic distortion thru the mic input on the mc6000
LaDjkaoz 9:09 PM - 15 July, 2012
Not yet
have u check your cables..
Biggbadd 11:41 PM - 15 July, 2012
Cables r good it's really bugging me out don't kno what to do I'm thinking if sumting is wrong with the controller
LaDjkaoz 3:00 AM - 16 July, 2012
Have u tried your mic in an other mixer.
Does it sound distorted only at times or only at hight volume.
DJ Unique 5:59 AM - 16 July, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys do any of u ever experience mic distortion thru the mic input on the mc6000

What type of mic is it?
Is there distortion at low to medium levels?

I use a wired Sennheiser E840 on XLR mic input 1
www.pssl.com

.... and a wireless Shure PGX with a Beta 58 head on 1/4" mic input 2
www.pssl.com

The only thing I've noticed that if I turn up the mic volume too high on wireless Mic 2, the sound will momentarily cut off. No distortion though on either inputs.
LaDjkaoz 6:17 AM - 16 July, 2012
I use shure dual pg system hand held and hands free. No problems exem when drive the signal into clip it sounds strange but i belive is cause the cliping. It makes a poping sound..
Biggbadd 12:39 PM - 16 July, 2012
Thanx guys I love the feedback but this is the issue
@LaDjKaoz yes I did use the same mic which is a wired shure mic into a different
a ns7 and it work flawlessly crispy and clean what I need to do is find another mc6000

@Djunique yes I have the same issue in both mic input and also I have the volume
at a moderate level the mic just sound crappy and distorted
Jay78 4:15 PM - 9 August, 2012
Hi eveyone,
i am new here N just bought the mc6k and i dont want to use vdj i would really like to use wat i been using, so can some1 please send me mapping file.

Jay
Jay78 4:16 PM - 9 August, 2012
email Add is
jay78server@gmail.com
DJ Unique 7:21 PM - 9 August, 2012
Quote:
email Add is
jay78server@gmail.com

Hi Jay78.
I'm just looking at your email.
Did you figure out how to setup the XML I sent you?
Jay78 4:18 AM - 10 August, 2012
thx for help and support DJ Unique
Everything working now
DJ Unique 4:52 AM - 10 August, 2012
Quote:
thx for help and support DJ Unique
Everything working now

Cool.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:33 PM - 13 August, 2012
Unique, will this work with the 3000?
DJ Unique 5:38 PM - 13 August, 2012
Quote:
Unique, will this work with the 3000?

Not sure if the mapping will work.
The main problem with the MC3000 is the lack of channel faders for audio coming into the unit from your SL box. This would make it difficult to use as a stand-alone mixer/controller.
Lebanese_dj 4:22 PM - 16 August, 2012
Hey Dj Unique, could you please send me the xml file for the 6000

ashraf_hoss@yahoo.com

thank you
DJ Unique 5:38 PM - 16 August, 2012
Sent Lebanese_dj
Dj4dubb 11:53 PM - 25 August, 2012
Greetings all and special thanks in advance to everyone who put in work creating the XML files...

I'm in need of that Denon MC6K XML for Live, will someone be so kind as to forward it to me

gbrown44@gmail.com
DJ Unique 1:44 AM - 26 August, 2012
Sent Dj4dubb
Dj4dubb 4:44 AM - 26 August, 2012
thanks you...

I need to make a thread. This is my first time really using Serato, i'm a Traktor guy but after watching the videos of people using the MC6K with Serato and playing with the Terminal Mix 4 for a night, I woke jonesing for Serato. These two are damn near perfect together... AND! they should be able to live up to the full potential they have... Lights on, moderfiers on the controller that allow it ti squeeze out all it has to give to control the program...

I'm defenitely missing some things, but put it this way... I was shopping the controller because I wanted a little bigger platter... now I don't.

There are good reasons why this controller should be Serator certified, or whatever the process is... The visual feedback on the deck helps to prevent errors and is another good tool to be used to rock out...,
Dj4dubb 4:44 AM - 26 August, 2012
And thanks Dj Unique, Salute!
Dj4dubb 11:13 PM - 29 August, 2012
i'm not seeing the option to map the shift + another button to do a function.

I wish to map the shift button on the deck to delete loaded cue points when i press shift and the cue button. Also i'd like to map the smaple button to switch the cue button mode to samples and then be able to trigger samples 1 - 4, is this possible and if so how would it look.
robbie riot 3:28 PM - 30 September, 2012
hi guys can someone send me the file for the denon mc6000 to work with serato scratch live 1. my email is robmurdoch@live.co.uk

thank you in advance
DJ Unique 10:49 PM - 30 September, 2012
Quote:
hi guys can someone send me the file for the denon mc6000 to work with serato scratch live 1. my email is robmurdoch@live.co.uk

thank you in advance

Sent robbie riot
VideoDJQ 8:12 PM - 15 October, 2012
Is there anyway of doing the same for the new Pioneer DDJ-SX?
DJ Unique 10:58 PM - 15 October, 2012
Quote:
Is there anyway of doing the same for the new Pioneer DDJ-SX?

We won't know until people start receiving these in November.
VideoDJQ 8:01 AM - 16 October, 2012
Fingers crossed
DJ KIKINYC 1:45 PM - 20 October, 2012
yes keep it crossed
VideoDJQ 7:26 AM - 31 October, 2012
Actually looking into it further I'd rather see the possibility of being able to mod the SeratoDJ software they way the Itch software has recently been modded whereas the user can still use MixEmergency! That was my main reason for questioning about the mapping anyway because MixEmergency was only able to work wit Scratch Live. If SeratoDJ can be modded to allow the use of MixEmergency, that would eliminate the need for the annoying SL dongle!
DJ Unique 5:10 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
Actually looking into it further I'd rather see the possibility of being able to mod the SeratoDJ software they way the Itch software has recently been modded whereas the user can still use MixEmergency! That was my main reason for questioning about the mapping anyway because MixEmergency was only able to work wit Scratch Live. If SeratoDJ can be modded to allow the use of MixEmergency, that would eliminate the need for the annoying SL dongle!

I don't think you can use Mix Emergency with Itch. I doubt you'll be able to use it Serato DJ with ME.

As far as the dongle it's really not a big deal. I have an SL3 underneath the MC6000 and the only time I remember it's there is when I connect the USB cable to my computer.
Biggbadd 5:18 PM - 31 October, 2012
U r def right about that Dj unique I have my sl1 box under my mc6000 and the onliest I have to unplug is the USB cord plug and play sweet
VideoDJQ 5:55 PM - 31 October, 2012
Unique, yes it does but not "officially". You need to mod the unix file.
serato.com
DJ Unique 6:06 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
Unique, yes it does but not "officially". You need to mod the unix file.
serato.com

Holy shit!!!
Thanks for the info.
If this will work on Serato DJ then I'll probably get one of those controllers in the future.
DJ KIKINYC 1:50 AM - 2 November, 2012
soon by december they going to have mc2000 work with Serato DJ maybe we make it with the MC6000 too never know
DJ KIKINYC 2:23 AM - 2 November, 2012
or we can get the light file in it.
Dj Manny B 9:54 PM - 23 November, 2012
can somebody send me the mapping file please
manny.msb@hotmail.co.uk
thanks
dj 2smuv 2:13 AM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
I'll send you the file I use.
dj 2smuv 2:16 AM - 27 November, 2012
can someone send me the file for the mapping of denons mc6000
dj 2smuv 2:18 AM - 27 November, 2012
can someone send me the file for the mapping of denons mc6000 to smuviam@aol.com.thanks
Dj4dubb 3:09 AM - 27 November, 2012
I got you...
Dj4dubb 3:11 AM - 27 November, 2012
Can someone tell me if a link to the file can be posted in this thread
DJ Unique 3:35 AM - 27 November, 2012
Sent dj 2smuv
DJ Unique 3:37 AM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:

I think it's better if the requests keep getting posted so that people can see how popular this controller is even though we will never see "Native Control" from Serato"
I've sent this XML to about 500 people already.
Dj4dubb 12:57 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I think it's better if the requests keep getting posted so that people can see how popular this controller is even though we will never see "Native Control" from Serato"I've sent this XML to about 500 people already.

Makes perfect sense... Salute DJ
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 1:48 PM - 27 November, 2012
I bought the denon mc 6000 about 8 months back with hopes that Serato would eventually support and to much disappointment they still do not. I have midi mapped most functions to scratch live but still not getting the most of my controller. I sold my soul to Serato but since they refuse to support the 6000 it’s time to move on finally give traktor a shot. Nice knowing you Serato!
DJ Unique 6:28 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
I bought the denon mc 6000 about 8 months back with hopes that Serato would eventually support and to much disappointment they still do not. I have midi mapped most functions to scratch live but still not getting the most of my controller. I sold my soul to Serato but since they refuse to support the 6000 it’s time to move on finally give traktor a shot. Nice knowing you Serato!

I've tried Traktor Pro on the MC6000 and it does work well.
Dj4dubb 7:05 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Be sure to grab the mapping by Altimira from Traktor Bible
Dj4dubb 7:07 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:

In all honesty your expectations when you purchased was off base... The MC6k comes marketed fir Traktor and VDJ...

It would make sense for it with Serato DJ over the MC2K but it csme out to early
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 8:32 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Unique I got my original midi map for the 6000 from you and although it does the job, As you know this controller is capable of more and it's ashame that Serato will support other denon controllers and ignores denons best one.
DJ Angel Suave Ortiz 8:35 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for tip dj4dubb I'll be sure to try that out.
Dj4dubb 10:56 PM - 27 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for tip dj4dubb I'll be sure to try that out.

No problem
Code Red 1:26 PM - 8 December, 2012
Serato has a close partner with Pioneer. Once they flood the market with the Pioneer Serato flagship, DDJ SX, they'll consider an application for the MC6K. I'm sure Pio is paying Serato LOTS of money not to natively support the MC6K. Just look how they are slowly rolling out support for the existing Itch/Intro supported controllers. The SX beat all expectations and now they are moving ahead of schedule to release support for Mixtrack Pro, Ergo and others. Those who have the MC6K, give SX a test drive; it is a BEAST. I own own and love them both. Until Denon pays Serato enough to make it worth their while to upset their other partners, the MC6K will be a Serato hangar queen. Smart business.
DJ Allstar 8:12 PM - 8 December, 2012
DJ Unique,

Can you hook me up with the mapping for the MC 6000?

Thanks!!!!
DJ Unique 2:44 AM - 9 December, 2012
Quote:
DJ Unique,

Can you hook me up with the mapping for the MC 6000?

Thanks!!!!

OK.
DJ Master T 7:24 PM - 13 December, 2012
I'm not sure about the Serato-Pio strategy, but it's clearly that it's very close. I used to used this map that DJ Unique handed me, and used it a lot. But like Code Red says, I switched my MC6K for the SX and WOW, it's a monster....the DJ software it's very solid, minor flaws but nothing that matters to me. I even use now this same XML with the SX and SSL, just for the fun of it, and Works!!!!

Try this unit, and if not, stick to this Midi Map....works great!!!
DJ Unique 7:48 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:
I'm not sure about the Serato-Pio strategy, but it's clearly that it's very close. I used to used this map that DJ Unique handed me, and used it a lot. But like Code Red says, I switched my MC6K for the SX and WOW, it's a monster....the DJ software it's very solid, minor flaws but nothing that matters to me. I even use now this same XML with the SX and SSL, just for the fun of it, and Works!!!!

Try this unit, and if not, stick to this Midi Map....works great!!!

Are you saying that this XML works with the Pioneer SX in SSL?
Do the lights work?
DJ Master T 6:51 PM - 14 December, 2012
made with the mods of Audiohauz, but based on this xml, with the midi commands of the SX and the platters works. The lights are a no-go. but it works. you map the rest as you want. only issue and trying to get work is the backspin.....but the platters are tight enough.
djleezvawada 2:31 AM - 15 December, 2012
Greetings,
Could someone please hook me up with the mapping? If possible a few basic instructions as well?

Thanks,

Much appreciated

Dj Lee
Djleezvawada@gmail.com
DJ Unique 3:23 AM - 15 December, 2012
Sent djleezvawada
dj 2smuv 2:12 PM - 18 December, 2012
Can someone send me the mapping file for the denon mc6000. Thanks
DJ Unique 8:59 PM - 18 December, 2012
Quote:
Can someone send me the mapping file for the denon mc6000. Thanks

OK..... but..... what's your email address?
BurningSpearEnt 10:41 PM - 21 December, 2012
Can someone kindly please send me whatever files I need to be able to get serato dj to recognize my Denon MC6000 thank you in advance
BurningSpearEnt 10:42 PM - 21 December, 2012
Quote:
Can someone kindly please send me whatever files I need to be able to get serato dj to recognize my Denon MC6000 thank you in advance

oops heres my email address gerryspear@yahoo.com
DJ Unique 11:08 PM - 21 December, 2012
@BurningSpearEnt
I sent you the XML for Serato Scratch Live.
The MC6000 is not compatible with Serato DJ.
BurningSpearEnt 11:37 PM - 21 December, 2012
has anyone simply edited the mc2000 profile?
DJ KIKINYC 5:34 PM - 22 December, 2012
no one try it yet ?
djpapajohn 6:40 PM - 23 December, 2012
I have the djray mapper file for my macbook but I know I'm not going crazy, but my cross fader does not work with it. I could of sworn at one point I could fade lft & rht but now I have to center the cross fader and use up & down with lft & rht channels........? Any clues?
DJ Unique 6:59 AM - 24 December, 2012
Quote:
I have the djray mapper file for my macbook but I know I'm not going crazy, but my cross fader does not work with it. I could of sworn at one point I could fade lft & rht but now I have to center the cross fader and use up & down with lft & rht channels........? Any clues?

Check the front channel select switches. It could be that you have them on "THRU" instead of "A" or "B".

Nothing needs to be mapped unless if you are talking about video.
djpapajohn 11:26 PM - 25 December, 2012
thanks, but I hooked up vdj and found out the cross fader went out on me. Thank G for the warranty I purchased...
dj 2smuv 9:02 PM - 27 December, 2012
Can someone send me the mapping file for the denon mc6000 to smuviam@aol.com. Thanks
DJ Unique 10:31 PM - 27 December, 2012
Sent dj 2smuv
dj 2smuv 12:50 PM - 28 December, 2012
Thanks
Dj4dubb 2:06 AM - 4 January, 2013
I'm going to miss her, my sweet Denon MC6000... I left her for another woman, first the DDJ-SX (didn't work for me, couldn't use it well with multi-programs and audi doesn't pass through the soundcard to software), of which I took back for the VCI-400...
I can't wait till the support for DJ comes for it... I use it TP2 and the mapping ability is sickening...
I'm hoping Serato opens it's mind to think "DJing with a controller" and not DJing with a traditional two decks of tables or CDJs.
These controllers can do damn near everything a mouse and keyboard can do. Modifiers, compound modifiers... even if you just take advantage of the shift button there's a whole second layer for each control
DJ KIKINYC 12:24 AM - 9 January, 2013
I"M Tired no body cares about us it's time to move on keep it moving
Dj4dubb 2:03 PM - 9 January, 2013
Quote:
I"M Tired no body cares about us it's time to move on keep it moving

you have step back and look at it from a business perspective, manually marketting. They don't support the MC6K, but they do support the 2000 and 3000 units from Denon. Unlike the MC6K, those units were not sent off the assembly lines with Native Instruments "Traktor" logo on the faceplate of the unit. If i'm Serato, i'm only going to do so much to make something designed for my number 1 competitor's software work when the company that made it has also made dedicated controllers for me.

Here's a tip, if the price on the VCI 400 is still low like it was Christmas time and you can make the jump (even if you have sell the MC6K) cop one. It's right in line with the MC6K and in fact it can do more, is better a unit (the jogs are crazy), and by the end of the year it will be natively supported by Serato DJ... and it works extremely well with TP2 (I really wish I could show the Serato dev dept. how well and deep the intergration can/should be between controller and software by way of showing them in TP@... but)
MrGoDJ 2:46 PM - 10 January, 2013
Can anyone send me the DJ Ray mapper?

mrgodj@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
DJ KIKINYC 2:23 AM - 16 January, 2013
***Light Up Your MC6000 Buttons w/Serato Scratch Live***
by DENON » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 pm
Hi all, by following these easy steps, you can now turn ON all the LED's for your MC6000 with Serato Scratch Live while using your own mapping file.

STEP 1:
DL and upzip the attached file to a folder of your choice (PC/Mac)
See attached file below

STEP 2:
For PC

Download Music Studio app, freeware
www.frieve.com ... nload.html

Unzip then open the msp125e folder and click on the .exe file to run the app
Then, click "open file" tab (at the top), select and find, "MC6000_LED_HI.mid” file
Then hit PLAY in the app.
It should light up all keys.
Close the app
Then open SSL and use your mapping file as normal.
You will need to do this at each session.

For Mac

Go to the Apple Store and DL:
MIDIWind_Player
Copy the same "MC6000_LED_HI.mid" to your Documents folder
Open the app, type MC6000 in the apps search box (it will find it) highlight the MC6000_LED_HI.mid file
Then hit the PLAY button twice in the app
It should light up all keys.
Close the app
Then open SSL and use your mapping file as normal.
You will need to do this at each session.Attachments
MC6000_LED_HI.zip
Light Up your MC6000 with this .mid file
(472 Bytes) Downloaded 36 times
www.denondjforums.com
skinnyguy 6:52 PM - 28 February, 2013
i'd be happy if serato dj was supported on the 6000
DJ Unique 7:37 PM - 28 February, 2013
Quote:
i'd be happy if serato dj was supported on the 6000

Yep.
It's not going to happen though. They decided to support the MC2000 instead.
skinnyguy 8:33 PM - 28 February, 2013
eewwww...
djleezvawada 3:50 AM - 2 March, 2013
@DJ KIKINYC tried the download link for PC (Music Studio App) and the download failed. Any pointers as to where I can get the freeware? if possible u can email me direct djleezvawada@gmail.com
DJ KIKINYC 2:05 AM - 4 March, 2013
@djleezvawada check denon forum where the have the denon mc 6000 you get there better or ask for because i use mac not pc
DJ Latin Ace 1:27 AM - 5 March, 2013
Can someone please send me the mapping file for the denon mc6000?
Please.... I've been looking for it for a long time now. My email is
ecuace2000@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance.
DJ Unique 1:34 AM - 5 March, 2013
Sent DJ Latin Ace
CFavorite 3:17 PM - 5 March, 2013
@DJ Unique - any changes to the midi mapping for the MC6000 over the last 14 months since I got the mapping from you. I know that some of the mapping has changed and have gotten use to not having certain features. Sucks they still have not come around to doing a full mapping for this awesome controller yet.
DJ Unique 4:02 PM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
@DJ Unique - any changes to the midi mapping for the MC6000 over the last 14 months since I got the mapping from you. I know that some of the mapping has changed and have gotten use to not having certain features. Sucks they still have not come around to doing a full mapping for this awesome controller yet.

I haven't changed much.
What do you need?
CFavorite 4:08 PM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't changed much.
What do you need?

I was looking to see if the CUE button had gotten revised. When you set a cue point with the CUE button then press and hold the button - it should play the song. When you let go of the CUE button it should go back to the original CUE point. Looking to see if that has gotten resolved or if it is still something that is not midi mappable.Right now - when you press the CUE button - it takes you all the way back to the beginning of the song. I have HOT CUE points set but don't use them as much as CUE. Any help? Thanks in advance.
DJ Unique 9:28 PM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't changed much.
What do you need?

I was looking to see if the CUE button had gotten revised. When you set a cue point with the CUE button then press and hold the button - it should play the song. When you let go of the CUE button it should go back to the original CUE point. Looking to see if that has gotten resolved or if it is still something that is not midi mappable.Right now - when you press the CUE button - it takes you all the way back to the beginning of the song. I have HOT CUE points set but don't use them as much as CUE. Any help? Thanks in advance.

On my XML the Temp Cue has been mapped to that little right arrow button to the left of the cue (Bend button). Press this once and the Cue button will go back to this exact spot every single time.
Kaiza Souza 4:58 PM - 17 March, 2013

Very disappointed in Serato & Rane, All the DJs on here asking for support and no answer from them is terrible, especially after all the money spent supporting them. Obviously they believ the customer isnt right. HMMM!!

Can you please send me the mapping for my 6000, email is kaizasouza@gmail.com.

Thank you.
DJ Unique 7:51 PM - 17 March, 2013
Sent Kaiza Souza.

You know I've sent this XML to probably over 200 people already to different parts of the world. Recently I've been getting a lot of requests from South America.

It's not really Serato & Rane that you should be disappointed in. It's probably more Serato & Denon for not working together from the start. However haven said that, if they did then it would have been the MC6000 only working with Serato Itch and not Scratch Live.
Vibes Cyah Done 3:07 AM - 21 March, 2013
Can someone please send me the mapping file for the denon mc6000?
Please.... My email is: support@vibescyahdone.com
Thanks in advance.
DJ Unique 4:45 AM - 21 March, 2013
Sent Vibes Cyah Done
DJ Omni 715 12:52 PM - 2 April, 2013
Hello,can someone send me the mapping file for the MC-6000.. Thank you. my email address is dbj760@yahoo.com
DJ Unique 6:27 PM - 2 April, 2013
Sent DJ Omni 715
DJ Omni 715 10:30 PM - 4 April, 2013
Thank you for the info
cLiMaTe 9:52 PM - 7 April, 2013
Can someone also email me the midi mapping for the 6000 please?

Cheers ;)
DJ Unique 3:11 AM - 8 April, 2013
Quote:
Can someone also email me the midi mapping for the 6000 please?

Cheers ;)

OK....
What's your email ClimAtE
djherny 1:14 AM - 12 April, 2013
Please send me the mapping for denon mc6000 for serato.
Thanks!!!
djherny 1:15 AM - 12 April, 2013
hmendoza1975@hotmail.com

Thanks Again!!!
DJ Unique 1:43 AM - 12 April, 2013
Sent djherny
VJ-Ramos 12:08 PM - 21 April, 2013
My dilemma is that I just bought an mc6000 (used) so it didn't come with software. I have used vdj before and I am familiar with it but as I'm in the process of upgrading all my equipment using the "buy right, buy once" method I was wanting to upgrade to serato. Now I'm debating weather to cough up the 300 for vdj, or try tractor, or just sell the mc6000 and buy the ddj-sx.
VJKire 1:37 PM - 21 April, 2013
Hi Dj Unique
Thanks!!!
erikdj@libero.it

Thanks Again!!!
DJ Unique 3:52 AM - 22 April, 2013
Sent VJKire
DJ Unique 4:07 AM - 22 April, 2013
Quote:
My dilemma is that I just bought an mc6000 (used) so it didn't come with software. I have used vdj before and I am familiar with it but as I'm in the process of upgrading all my equipment using the "buy right, buy once" method I was wanting to upgrade to serato. Now I'm debating weather to cough up the 300 for vdj, or try tractor, or just sell the mc6000 and buy the ddj-sx.

You should be able to get VDJ LE version for free from their website. Send them an email and they should be able to help you.

As far as which one to use, the choice depends on your needs. If you are just doing audio then they will all work fine. If you need to do video then only VDJ or Serato will work for you.
VJ-Ramos 11:05 AM - 22 April, 2013
Hey thanks Dj unique ill try to get vdj le
DJ Unique 8:08 AM - 23 July, 2013
I just tested the XML posted on link below and it works well in SSL 2.5
serato.com

Platters and lights work.

Sync toggles platter from vinyl to bend mode.

'PARAM 1 & 2" controls auto-loop but no lights
"EFX 4" buttons activate the Censor (reverse)
"EFX Scroll" is for the effects BPM multiplier

No lights on Key Lock button but it's mapped

All other buttons and scrolls work as expected.

I haven't tested samples and can't figure out what the "SHIFT" button does.
DJ_Drew 7:40 PM - 24 July, 2013
It is amazing that this thread, started in 2011, is still active and relevant. I think Serato is just hoping for the MC6000 to "go away" at this point.

I'm glad to see a great user-support community that has found all these "hacks" for making it work. And for everyone who has helped with customized coding to enable feature control on the MC6000! Nice to know where Serato fails the community, the community picks up!

Cheers!
DJ Unique 8:10 PM - 24 July, 2013
Quote:
It is amazing that this thread, started in 2011, is still active and relevant. I think Serato is just hoping for the MC6000 to "go away" at this point.

I'm glad to see a great user-support community that has found all these "hacks" for making it work. And for everyone who has helped with customized coding to enable feature control on the MC6000! Nice to know where Serato fails the community, the community picks up!

Cheers!

I wouldn't say FAILED, just prolonged excessively.
That file in the above link is actually one posted by a Serato person.
I tried it on an old MacBook Pro and it worked great.
DJ_Drew 8:16 PM - 24 July, 2013
DJ Unique! It is great they posted that. I was pleased to see that. Prolonged excessively is correct.
DJ Unique 8:29 PM - 24 July, 2013
Yeah... there had been a lot of angry people with controller but we can all hug now.

I was never upset since I purchased this controller as a back up. My main setup was a 57 and now a 62.... both used with CD players for mobile and TTs at home.
DJ Omni 715 4:26 PM - 5 September, 2013
Can some one send me the XML file I need to get my DN-6OOO to work with SSL.. Thank you....
DJ Unique 12:16 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Can some one send me the XML file I need to get my DN-6OOO to work with SSL.. Thank you....

OK.... where to???
djbeaver 8:47 PM - 13 November, 2013
Hi Dj Unique
Thanks!!!
My email: boberiska@wp.pl
DJ Unique 1:49 AM - 14 November, 2013
Sent djbeaver

I have a good friend that used to be called MC Beaver
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:08 AM - 12 December, 2013
Massive respect to DJ Unique for holding it down in this thread with his mapping.

You guys might be interested in checking out the MC6000 MK2: serato.com
DJ Unique 7:16 AM - 12 December, 2013
Quote:
This will help if you guys like the MC6000. serato.com

It will help the guys that buy the new MK2
Denon should have made a completely different unit similar to the SSX.
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:28 AM - 12 December, 2013
Maybe they still have plans up their sleeve, but the MC6000 is a classic though right? Why not bring out an update of that?
deepdjdanny 4:44 PM - 12 December, 2013
What things about the original MC6000 are better than this MkII?

Now that the 6000 as a MkII is officially supported, is it HID'ed or still MIDI'ed, can stuff be reconfigured? can u unassign buttons on the controller from doing the Serato DJ (+intro) established/fixed stuff?

Another thought... SSL & original 6000...
do you guys still want native support?
As it stands....
1) Radikarl platter scratchings work fine, right?
2) LEDs work now, right?
3) You can edit your midi.xml, right?

Why would you not wanna be able to freely reconfigure stuff?
If I could own the original 6000; I'd probably not want native support.
Or the option to not use the native support if i don't like it...

I think i'd like to get a old 6000. :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:49 PM - 12 December, 2013
Quote:
Why would you not wanna be able to freely reconfigure stuff? If I could own the original 6000; I'd probably not want native support.

Fair enough. Because the MK2 is native to Serato DJ, you can't reconfigure it, thats true. The topic of this discussion is a request for native support, so I just thought some people might be happy that we finally got together with Denon to make it happen.
deepdjdanny 2:04 AM - 18 December, 2013
understood. :)
DJ_Drew 7:44 PM - 25 January, 2014
Does anyone know if Serato DJ with an SL4 and original MC6000 work together? Will everything be mappable? It seems that it will work with SSL, but what about Serato DJ going forward?
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:36 PM - 25 January, 2014
Yes, it will work - the SL4 will be treated as the primary audio device and the MC6000 can be MIDI mapped. Going forward there aren't any plans to support the MC6000 (MK1) so that setup should serve you well for a while.

One current downside is there are some mappings that you can't achieve in Serato DJ yet that you could in Scratch Live e.g library scrolling, due to the lack of the MIDI panel.

We will bring that in an update though :)