DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Tall Dj's? What are you using for a dj table?

DJ Tecniq 8:29 PM - 6 February, 2011
This question has been bothering me and i'd like to get some input. Now I myself am 6'2 in height this is a major problem for me as any table i play on isn't high enough for me at times. And i have a bad back so leaning over or downward is really hard on the back. So i'd like to know how other dj's that have some height and what you use to have a comfortable setup.. pics would be great too! Main reason I start this thread is cause I have to usually put my turntables cases on top of the table and take the turntables out and put them on top of the case to get a good play setting but half the time it's still to short. Any help or info would be great
ninos 8:54 PM - 6 February, 2011
dang, you pull them outa the cases and then stack them on top and there STILL to low? i have no other ideas, that what everyone does that needs em a bit higer.
Dj Intel Army 8:55 PM - 6 February, 2011
Im 6'6
A piano stand under my coffin gets it done for me but thats just for at home
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:01 PM - 6 February, 2011
well let me help you out Einstein, if its still too low try puting something else under it to prop ot up more
DJ Tecniq 9:02 PM - 6 February, 2011
tru yeh i have a piano stand myself, ive had it for years and it works well but not for scratching it moves way too much.
DJ Tecniq 9:04 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
dang, you pull them outa the cases and then stack them on top and there STILL to low? i have no other ideas, that what everyone does that needs em a bit higer.
yeh ninos i guess it all depends on how tall the table actually is that im putting the cases on to give me more height. but with most tables i can only get waist height and that's still to short i need em a bit higher.
DJ Tecniq 9:07 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
well let me help you out Einstein, if its still too low try puting something else under it to prop ot up more
that's very helpful..lol look genius there isn't always going to be something to prop it under when your doing mobile gigs. I usually only got a table and my coffins to give me more height one thing i do need is a mixer case cause i like my tables & mixer to be even level. half the time im always having to find something to prop the mixer under to get to the height of the turntables.
got2b Ru 9:24 PM - 6 February, 2011
my buddy has one of these. www.homedepot.com

It gives you 4 inches more than a standard height table and is light and very sturdy.
DJ Prinvale` 9:31 PM - 6 February, 2011
I'm 6ft even and have been using this for a while. At first I thought it was a tad tall because I was so used to hunching over to DJ, but after a while my posture has improved and it's perfectly comfortable. The only thing that's a pain is going to bar/clubs that are set up for midgets.

www.djprinvale.com
westell54 9:33 PM - 6 February, 2011
Well, I think first you need to narrow down exactly how high you need to have them. For me (I'm 5'8"), I have mine on an Ikea shelf that's about 35" tall so the actual platters are around 39" high. So for me, I can mix comfortably between 38-42" of actual platter height.

You're taller so maybe a 36" platform plus your cases should bring them up to a good height that would work for you. Depending on the style/brand of cases that you have, your lids alone may work but taking them completely out and stacking them as you have been doing should definitely work. If you have individual cases, then a keyboard stand won't work so you'd need an actual platform or table. Another thing to keep in mind is that the higher you raise your turntables, the more unstable (wobbly) they can become.

I think Road Ready makes a couple of platforms that are around the range you might need. Have you checked their site?
westell54 9:43 PM - 6 February, 2011
store.roadreadycases.com

This one's taller and should be wide enough to fit everything on

store.roadreadycases.com

Just some options
bill-e 10:19 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
store.roadreadycases.com

This one's taller and should be wide enough to fit everything on

store.roadreadycases.com

Just some options

ugggggggghhhh $300????

go to home depot
DJ Tecniq 10:41 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
I'm 6ft even and have been using this for a while. At first I thought it was a tad tall because I was so used to hunching over to DJ, but after a while my posture has improved and it's perfectly comfortable. The only thing that's a pain is going to bar/clubs that are set up for midgets.

www.djprinvale.com
this is very nice..looks so clean and that looks perfect height for me for home use where'd u get it?
Laz219 10:50 PM - 6 February, 2011
I use a kitchen island bench from Ikea as my DJ table, it's a fair bit higher than most tables that are well, tables.
DJ metaphor 11:55 PM - 6 February, 2011
I'm 6'4

I usually just stack my cases, but if your looking for a better solution.

Get 4 cinder blocks! one under each leg of your table! its extremely nice. (IMHO) anyway.

Dont ask me how much they cost though, my friend does it. not me :p
Diskjockeyvictor 7:40 PM - 4 March, 2011
Get a coffin and a coffin stand and problem solved (:
willythekidd 7:53 PM - 4 March, 2011
i'm 6' 2"...in the studio i have an sefour table. it's actually at a really nice comfortable level.

when i do gigs i just stack the road readies. it's still a little low for me so if my back is hurting and i don't care how clean my setup looks, i'll take all of my gear out of the road readys and stack it on top of the cases.
Chris Cracknell 8:23 PM - 4 March, 2011
I have this problem too, I am 6'3"

I played a 5 hr set last week and was really sore after, but on the drive back, I had an idea based on a video clip i saw of Mr Scruffs setup.

Get some strong foam and stick it to some thick plywood. Make three of these so that they fit under your decks and mixer. Get the foam/insulation as thick as to bring it to a good height and dense enough so that it doesn't move around, I reckon it could work. If you make it in three bits then it would be easy to transport too.

It could also help with any vibrations ruining the signal too, they had put a sub under the table and was causing me all sorts of trouble.

Here is the Mr Scruff set up video Watchwww.youtube.com

Hope that helps
DJJorel 10:05 AM - 5 March, 2011
I am 6'2", and I use the 36" tall Road Ready collapsible table. I don't even have to stack the turntables on the cases when I use the table.

Also, that table is the steadiest portable table I have ever used. According to the Road Ready, the thing can support 2200 pounds.
deezlee 11:20 AM - 5 March, 2011
a bar that i dj at has pieces of PVC tubing that they stick over the legs to make em longer.
DJ metaphor 9:36 PM - 5 March, 2011
Quote:
PVC tubing

thats sketch! i can see those snapping.
deezlee 9:57 PM - 5 March, 2011
ha, well, thick pvc tubing. been there as long as i've been gigging there... i dunno if its pvc but you know what i mean. it's at least 2" tubing maybe thicker. might save someone $295 if they were thinkin about getting that $300 table.
jbnyc 10:14 PM - 5 March, 2011
my boy have this one and its pretty tall, im 6.0" and it was perfect with the turntables on top of it, no cases neded..

cgi.ebay.com
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 10:15 PM - 5 March, 2011
I think I might have everybody beat. Im 6'7". Hence the name Skyscraper. But I've always used my cases on my home table and when I play out. But im redoing the lab here soon and would like to find a good table. Somethin nice lookin like Prinvale's setup.
dj skraps 7:54 PM - 7 March, 2011
eff all u tall dj's!! lol
DJ Benny B NYC 7:57 PM - 7 March, 2011
im not that tall at 6'2" but i think a lot of djs are short for some reason... one time i djed a gig with a table that was so low i asked for a chair. they never brought me one and the next day my back was FUCKED UP...
DJWarrenKelly 8:29 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
my boy have this one and its pretty tall, im 6.0" and it was perfect with the turntables on top of it, no cases neded..

cgi.ebay.com

Bought this table..I don't recommend it though..Mine came a bit warped and then the table was quite wobbly ...I ended up taking the legs off and using my Z stand under it..its a little more stable and totally hight adjustable...BTW I'm 6'4" and I'm still using the table now with my 1200's outta the case on top of the bottoms of the cases. for the right hight...but when I'm cutting it up it shakes a bit to much for my taste..starting to look for a new table now...they are so freaking expensive though for anything good.
Joshua Carl 9:14 PM - 7 March, 2011
man...its so nice to see Im not the only dude who bitches about this.
Im 6-2 as well.

and usual clubs arent that bad, but Ive found that theres cases floating around
and you can easil boost the decks 2,4 or 6 inches using them.
but its not ideal.
at my 2 residencies I had to adjust fire because Im there so often.
at 1 spot I actually built this "lift kit" which actually snakes all the wires underneath
and put the fader at about my bellybutton.

a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

for my sat monthly we have the redbull booth, which I just dont drop the 1200s
into the cutouts: a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

but doing guest spots I run into spots all the time where the backside of my
hand will graze my belt-buckle. its unreal.... who is that short!

what kills me is mobile/corporate gigs. I have a folding 6foot table I love.
but its sooooo low, and stacking up my 1200 cases isnt the prettiest option
(which we know is a factor for in-store events and such)
theres guys that make "table risers" and such:
compare.ebay.com
but what they dont take into consideration is gravity x equipment weight.
you lift that much weight, without widening the base of the table it gets REAL
wobbly.

I actually considered making 6 inch wide base wooden lifters.
I have an love my seafor stand, but breaking it down, and bringing it everywhere
is a pain...and I HATE having the computer in my face,

does anyone know any GOOD banquet table lift kits?
lofty 9:23 PM - 7 March, 2011
If you are using a banquet table / folding table
go to home depot and get some 2.5" plumbing pipe (the black drain pipe stuff)
cut 4 lengths approx 8-16 inches depending on how high you want to go (make sure all are the lengths are the same) slide one on each leg of a banquet table and it's nice and high....
Joee 9:24 PM - 7 March, 2011
i use this, works fine for me, no back pain at all it sits hight, i'm 6'2
www.pssl.com
Joshua Carl 9:44 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
If you are using a banquet table / folding table
go to home depot and get some 2.5" plumbing pipe (the black drain pipe stuff)
cut 4 lengths approx 8-16 inches depending on how high you want to go (make sure all are the lengths are the same) slide one on each leg of a banquet table and it's nice and high....

I actually did that.
but whar happens is the table gets too wobbly, I feel like if 1 person bumps it the right
way its goin to topple over.
I actually got PVC pipe, and filled them 6" with fiberglass (so the feet sit on the fiberglass)
and I used it one night and was sweating the whole night....I know I could handle
it and keep it steady... but one drunk, or someone not paying attention
and the whole thing is going down.
Im looking into developing a lift kit simular to bed risers,
www.google.com

that you can bungee onto the leg, with a hi-tack rubber grip bottom.
got2b Ru 10:46 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
man...its so nice to see Im not the only dude who bitches about this.
Im 6-2 as well.

and usual clubs arent that bad, but Ive found that theres cases floating around
and you can easil boost the decks 2,4 or 6 inches using them.
but its not ideal.
at my 2 residencies I had to adjust fire because Im there so often.
at 1 spot I actually built this "lift kit" which actually snakes all the wires underneath
and put the fader at about my bellybutton.

a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

was the lightsaber helpful in the construction?

Quote:
does anyone know any GOOD banquet table lift kits?

HOME DEPOT and Sam's Club sell STURDY adjustable height 4ft. banquet tables that give you 6 more inches of height than a standard banquet table for under $100 . I posted a link in this thread but its no longer working I guess.

the table on the right is the adjustable and he is 6'2" my coffin (left) is on a standard table.
www.facebook.com

I'm 6'0" so stacking the coffin is good enough
Free Man 10:54 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:

It gives you 4 inches more than a standard height table and is light and very sturdy.

I have one of those too... great! I take it anywhere, even if they have tables already
djbigboy 10:57 PM - 7 March, 2011
6 ft 6 here, I have a double coffin on top of a coffin stand (tallest available). I will also stack the lid sometimes, depending on the venue....
DJWarrenKelly 11:14 PM - 7 March, 2011
Quote:
i use this, works fine for me, no back pain at all it sits hight, i'm 6'2
www.pssl.com

Thats with a coffin though..no table there!
Quote:
Quote:

I have one of those too... great! I take it anywhere, even if they have tables already

This looks promising..might get this one!
Free Man 11:21 PM - 7 March, 2011
the one thing i dont like is that the top is plastic and the framework is metal... mine has lasted a few years but you can tell that the conecting pieces arent going to keep it attached forever...
Joshua Carl 12:32 AM - 8 March, 2011
Quote:

was the lightsaber helpful in the construction?

sadly no, it doesen't have the proper crystal.
(hows that for pulling the geek card?)

I wish they made that table in a 5 or 6 foot version!
the thing about that table, if you wanted even MORE stabilty you could just put
piping on the feet, bam!

and the quest begins.
though, after look at your pic, you can raise the table up high enough you could lose the cases and free up about 4-6 inches laterally...to make room for you
computer, hd, mic ect ect.
I have a 4ft table as well, and I didnt like it becuase the only spot for the computer is in your face, and i HATE that...I always have it to the side.
Joshua Carl 12:37 AM - 8 March, 2011
that wa easy.
google 6 foot height adjustable table.

wonders never cease.
Joshua Carl 1:17 AM - 8 March, 2011
yet... i cant find 1 store local that keeps the 6 footer in stock.
online only....and even though it SAYS 6-foot FOLDING table...they all look molded.
and of course... they all are claiming "oversized shipping" so ad $50-120
DJ metaphor 5:53 AM - 8 March, 2011
Quote:
. one time i djed a gig with a table that was so low i asked for a chair/quote]

If ya dont stand up, neither will ya crowd!
Joshua Carl 5:06 PM - 8 March, 2011
Ya know what, Im gonna make my own...
Ill video it.
Manny C dot com 12:44 AM - 9 March, 2011
Joshua Carl 1:02 AM - 9 March, 2011
Im gathering gear tonight, construction starts tomorrow AM.

Ill be sure to video the steps.
this might end up being a $30 mod that makes a 6foot table 6inches higher
and virtually topple proof...

(on paper)
DJWarrenKelly 1:08 AM - 9 March, 2011
Quote:
Im gathering gear tonight, construction starts tomorrow AM.

Ill be sure to video the steps.
this might end up being a $30 mod that makes a 6foot table 6inches higher
and virtually topple proof...

(on paper)

What about wobble proof...like when its time to cut it up?
Joshua Carl 2:41 AM - 9 March, 2011
thats a secondary design idea.
but I think once the decks come down off the turntable cases, and are closer to your
base, you you get less wobble...

I just got back from Home Depot total amount for supplies 18.50
probably be 2 hours of labor, and a hour of beautification.

then we test.
DJWarrenKelly 4:59 AM - 9 March, 2011
Quote:
thats a secondary design idea.
but I think once the decks come down off the turntable cases, and are closer to your
base, you you get less wobble...

I just got back from Home Depot total amount for supplies 18.50
probably be 2 hours of labor, and a hour of beautification.

then we test.

Looking forward to it...make sure you wobble test it..just for me..lol
jbnyc 11:09 PM - 9 March, 2011
waiting for Joshua to post some pics of his project....
dohreimee 1:54 AM - 10 March, 2011
well.....im 6'9" so what i need to do is chuck my two road ready cases on the table then chuck my coffin on top of that THEN pull out the decks and put them on top of the coffin...about right could go with a bit more height though
dohreimee 1:55 AM - 10 March, 2011
...pretty sturdy too!
Joshua Carl 2:27 AM - 10 March, 2011
with anyluck Ill have it done tonight..Ill try to get the video up tomorrow.

and wouldnt you know it, our local dj outlet store has a custom carpeted table
that was made for some 6-5 dude for 75.00.
Joshua Carl 4:43 PM - 10 March, 2011
Alright... here we go.
its a long video, I like to hear myself talk I guess.

but Im very very pleased with the end result...Im actually shocked how well it works.
Watchvimeo.com

Im gonna start a new thread as well.
jbnyc 7:12 PM - 10 March, 2011
Looks good Joshua!! Nice socks too! Hehe
DJ Pullout 7:32 PM - 10 March, 2011
Ive seen that garage before......

on HOARDERS!!!!!! haha.

just kidding mang....
Joshua Carl 10:32 PM - 10 March, 2011
i was talking to a buddy o mine who actually works in structural engineering and he
said the best was to remedy the wobbling is to have a pvc support bar that runs from the left bottom pvc pipe top the righ bottom pvc pipe pushing the legs outward.

a little overkill I think, its pretty damn steady.
but if someone wanted a rock solid table another 5 feet of PVC would do it.
just cut "C" shape out of the 2 ends so it snaps snuggly into the 2 pvc bars.
djbigboy 10:50 PM - 10 March, 2011
Most of these homemade solutions don't look professional IMO...But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do...i have already had my back surgery...I am just glad I am not toting vinyl crates around...
Joshua Carl 1:13 AM - 11 March, 2011
for sure.
I was sure to address that if your the type of moron rocking this out in the open
at an expensive mobile event chances are you drilled a hole in your hand at step two.

DIY fix-its for things that dont exist are born out off necessity, rarely out of
esthetics... black Cali-king sheets FTW
DJ metaphor 6:42 AM - 11 March, 2011
1:40 Why do you have so many swimming pool noodle things?

LOL at emergency landing joke..

nice video though... fo sho man :)

If i ever do this. ill send ya some pictures. im 6'4... so yeah... it would help
dj_soo 7:12 AM - 11 March, 2011
was using the Ikea Jerker for years but recently switched that to my production desk. Thing is like the ultimate budget production/studio/DJ desk - no idea why they discontinued it...
Joshua Carl 3:43 PM - 11 March, 2011
Quote:
1:40 Why do you have so many swimming pool noodle things?

hahhaha.... the people that own this house (I rent)
built that room for a workout center (hence the big mirror)
we have a pretty big pool outside, I guess she used to do aqua-aerobics or something.

or was a raging pedaphile.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 10:31 PM - 11 March, 2011
Quote:

www.djprinvale.com

Yo whered you get that table from?
jbnyc 10:56 PM - 11 March, 2011
looks like an ikea one with something on top....
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 11:01 PM - 11 March, 2011
Quote:

Damn of course I don't have a Ikea here. But I gotta know. Im redoin the lab and that set up would work nice!
jbnyc 4:20 AM - 12 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Damn of course I don't have a Ikea here. But I gotta know. Im redoin the lab and that set up would work nice!

www.ikea.com :)
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 5:43 PM - 14 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah I been searchin here at work and im not seein it. Ima keep lookin though
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:24 PM - 29 March, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bump. I don't think thats from Ikea. Not finding it anywhere. I will build that shit if I have too!

Yeah I been searchin here at work and im not seein it. Ima keep lookin though
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 7:25 PM - 29 March, 2011
Quote fail.....Bump, yo DJPrinvale I need to know where you got your DJ table/shelf?
DJS/R 8:15 PM - 29 March, 2011
I am 6'6" I use the 4 foot home depot table... works great!
slimmjimm 12:02 AM - 31 March, 2011
Why drill holes in the PVC, wouldn't it be cleaner to use a T fitting?
Joshua Carl 12:37 AM - 31 March, 2011
where were you a month ago?

I actually looked at them when I decided to go with the 45 degree ends.
and I couldnt find ones thay had the base 3" and the connector 2"

Im sure they exist though.
CaptainOpus 3:03 AM - 31 March, 2011
I wanted something tall enough to work with and be able to clamp facia to. I ended up using the odyssey ATT2 collapsable table. I picked up a drummers throne set real high to give me a short break now and then. So far lovin' it. Found it online for less than 300.00 and it looks great as well.
KMXE 4:35 AM - 31 March, 2011
im 6'3"

i just have roadcases underneath whenever i can and then all i do is stand with my legs apart (like the Air Jordan silohette) and this is how i lose height and not break my already aching back!
SeriousCyrus 8:37 AM - 31 March, 2011
6'3"

You can get motorised workbenches/desks that raise up and down (also non-motorised) which I was looking at. Certainly not as cheap as an ikea desk, but means you have a surface you can both stand and sit at.

www.pfister.ch (Site is in german, but you get the idea)

Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in my current setup, but still.
Free Man 3:31 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
im 6'3"

i just have roadcases underneath whenever i can and then all i do is stand with my legs apart (like the Air Jordan silohette) and this is how i lose height and not break my already aching back!

then you dont have the cases handy to help defend your gear!
KMXE 11:41 PM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

im 6'3"

then you dont have the cases handy to help defend your gear!

mate - i dont know what its like in your area - but i dont need to defend my gear! LOL!
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:47 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djprinvale.com

Yo whered you get that table from?

Still no luck on finding anything close to this shelf/stand. Im getting to the point where I might have to build something
DJJorel 3:04 AM - 13 April, 2011
Quote:
Still no luck on finding anything close to this shelf/stand. Im getting to the point where I might have to build something

Ikea Expedit: www.ikea.com

with a Vika Amon door: www.ikea.com
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 3:51 PM - 18 April, 2011
Got the parts and pieces and im going to attempt to build this tonight.
www.instructables.com
RyTonePro 7:45 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:

Is this the same one? www.samsclub.com
DJ Tecniq 8:17 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Is this the same one? www.samsclub.com
no they are different from the picture but I would go with the one from home depot. To me it just looks more sturdy.
Free Man 11:16 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Got the parts and pieces and im going to attempt to build this tonight.
www.instructables.com

how does that top part work? what adds the extra space between?
D3ACQN 1:16 AM - 22 June, 2011
Tecniq, the table at Sam's Club is hands down one of the best. First of all, it has the height that you need. Its definitely taller than standard banquet tables. I am 6'1" and its comfortable set up for my tables, mixer, and laptop stand. I never have to stack my tables on the road case. I actually bought another one for my partner who is 6'2" and we use both use them religiously. Also, its portable. Once I fold it in half, i can grab the nylon handle and carry the table, backpacks and stand all at one time. Its only like 35 bucks. Real talk: pick one up.
DJ Tecniq 1:20 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
Tecniq, the table at Sam's Club is hands down one of the best. First of all, it has the height that you need. Its definitely taller than standard banquet tables. I am 6'1" and its comfortable set up for my tables, mixer, and laptop stand. I never have to stack my tables on the road case. I actually bought another one for my partner who is 6'2" and we use both use them religiously. Also, its portable. Once I fold it in half, i can grab the nylon handle and carry the table, backpacks and stand all at one time. Its only like 35 bucks. Real talk: pick one up.
sick dude. Do you have to have the height adjustment at the highest in order for it to suit your needs? Or can it go even higher?
DJ Tecniq 1:26 AM - 22 June, 2011
Also bro let me know if it's a sturdy table for scratching purposes.
DJ Tecniq 1:28 AM - 22 June, 2011
This the one you speak of D3ACQN?
www.samsclub.com
DJ metaphor 4:46 AM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
This the one you speak of D3ACQN?
www.samsclub.com

This is a REALLY nice table. I've used a couple of them and their really sturdy and don't wobble when you scratch.
Free Man 3:12 PM - 22 June, 2011
the pain though is that with mine, the framing is coming loose from the table top... and there isnt a good way that i can find to attach it really well
dohreimee 1:36 AM - 9 July, 2011
i found this thing online, its in Melbourne though, its a trestle table leg extension, brings the table up by 15cm...which is a pretty good height for me. Its just a cradle that you sit your table legs on and its stable as
Clapperz 3:03 PM - 10 July, 2011
Built myself a table, and im 6' 2, perfect height for me

i23.photobucket.com
DJWarrenKelly 6:21 AM - 11 July, 2011
Quote:

i23.photobucket.com

That thing is dope! I want one with wheels for my gigs
Free Man 5:39 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:

i23.photobucket.com

I need more experience building things.. that looks really nice. How did you do those rounded corners?
Clapperz 8:19 PM - 18 July, 2011
i used my kitchen worktop jig, it has a radius corner on it. also quite alot of sanding. cant give too much away though ;) gonna start a new one in august.
Free Man 9:57 PM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:
i used my kitchen worktop jig, it has a radius corner on it. also quite alot of sanding. cant give too much away though ;) gonna start a new one in august.

lol... sure you could sell that existing one...
DJ Tecniq 12:42 AM - 19 July, 2011
I never knew this thread was still going. Guess there's alot of tall DJ's out there.
str8nger 2:00 AM - 19 July, 2011
cheaper solution buy some knee pads and spin on your knees?
Free Man 3:31 PM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
cheaper solution buy some knee pads and spin on your knees?

I dont spend time on my knees... n/m
DouggyFresh 4:27 PM - 19 July, 2011
You know this thread is funny how it came up. We're working on a new club, building the DJ booth. The one at the other club has a 36" height top (well 35" now that the 3 years of liquor has worked its way through the wood). We made the new one 38" tall instead since most of the DJs who come in have been 6'+ tall. I'm not that tall (5'7) so it's a bit on the high side for me, but is there a "club standard" height?
Clapperz 7:05 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

lol... sure you could sell that existing one...

i may sell the current one, i want to make it bigger, and fit my launchpad next to the mixer. Also may try built in speakers.
DJ eXeS 6:16 PM - 4 August, 2011
ordered the road ready dj table.. i ll let you know how it is. should be here in the next day or two
Free Man 12:14 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
ordered the road ready dj table.. i ll let you know how it is. should be here in the next day or two

link?
DJ eXeS 12:58 AM - 5 August, 2011
popnwave 4:43 PM - 18 August, 2011
I love this thread and being 6'8, one of the reasons I've stuck to my residency is I HATE low decks that I have to hunch over all night long. Lots of cool ideas being shared.
DJ eXeS 5:49 PM - 18 August, 2011

loe the table. it is solid and steady! it is high enough, where you don't have to take the TTs out of the cases and place 'em on top. I am 6'5 and it is perfect. $250 was a great investment. in addition, it is super easy to carry and set up.
DJCalibur 12:56 AM - 19 August, 2011
I'm 6' 8". I do what you do--use the lids of the turntable case to elevate the turntable a bit; I usually have to sit on a stool if I spin on my set up at home for an extended period.
However, the dj booth at my residency was built taking my height into account.
DJ Tecniq 10:39 PM - 30 August, 2011
Quote:

loe the table. it is solid and steady! it is high enough, where you don't have to take the TTs out of the cases and place 'em on top. I am 6'5 and it is perfect. $250 was a great investment. in addition, it is super easy to carry and set up.
awesome! considering this for my birthday coming up. glad it worked out
DJ Tecniq 10:40 PM - 30 August, 2011
can we plz get a pic of you using this I'd like to see the setup and how it all fits. that'd be awesome!
Joee 10:46 PM - 30 August, 2011
if you guys don't mind carrying you tt in a coffin case, this is the set up that i use im 6 foot+, the facade is 38 inches tall when you put your coffin on top it's even taller
www.pssl.com
Joee 10:47 PM - 30 August, 2011
no back pain !!!!!!!!
DJ eXeS 2:26 AM - 31 August, 2011
www.speedyshare.com

that's the pic of the set up. it is easy to set up AND to carry around. best thing is that it is ONE piece.

hope you guys like it and consider getting one too. GO TALL DJS
DJ Tecniq 2:31 AM - 31 August, 2011
Quote:
www.speedyshare.com

that's the pic of the set up. it is easy to set up AND to carry around. best thing is that it is ONE piece.

hope you guys like it and consider getting one too. GO TALL DJS
damn that is soo sweet. Would it fit with a 4 channel mixer and laptop u think? Cause that's what i have :(
DJ eXeS 2:40 AM - 31 August, 2011
i would say yes. you can see that i have still 1-2 inches on each side. so that should work out. even if the TTs cases hang over on the side a little they are still heavy enough to be really steady i think.
DJ Tecniq 2:45 AM - 31 August, 2011
curious how do u have the stand mounted on that thing? aren't the brackets to wide?
DJ eXeS 2:47 AM - 31 August, 2011
i put the TTS on top of them. it is pretty much screwed into the table. it is solid and wont move at all. you can even let the laptop stand hang over at the end and it wont tilt or fall over. pretty cool stuff
DJ Tecniq 2:52 AM - 31 August, 2011
Quote:
i put the TTS on top of them. it is pretty much screwed into the table. it is solid and wont move at all. you can even let the laptop stand hang over at the end and it wont tilt or fall over. pretty cool stuff
got it. wow i'll prob get one for my setup..im currently using my dresser drawer at home but it's perfect height. don't mind the axis 9 lol..my other TT is getting fixed.

img170.imagevenue.com
DJ Tecniq 2:55 AM - 31 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
got it. wow i'll prob get one for my setup..im currently using my dresser drawer at home but it's perfect height. don't mind the axis 9 lol..my other TT is getting fixed.

img170.imagevenue.com
sorry the pic is flipped i took it with my macs isight
DJ Tecniq 2:57 AM - 31 August, 2011
and the flatscreen i use for my VSL :) it's a Dynex and the quality is amazing!
DJ eXeS 2:58 AM - 31 August, 2011
good luck with it. you wont regret it i bet
DJ Tecniq 2:59 AM - 31 August, 2011
Quote:
good luck with it. you wont regret it i bet
dunno man im a heavy scratcher so i just hope it doesn't wobble when i cut too fast.
DJ eXeS 3:15 AM - 31 August, 2011
it wont at all. you ll be amazed.
crewless 5:41 AM - 24 February, 2012
www.ebay.com

i use these thing like legos on top of my table an 8ft plastic folding table. Making the table top high raises the center of gravity in a more severe way. I prefer to use to flight case for my turntables they help. I typically set my mixer much lower than my decks mostly so that my computer can sit as low as i can comfortably reach. These plastic bins are a perfect fit to 800 pioneer cdjs. So i just hustled around 20 of these bins up and now i sometimes use the to place loud speakers on to raise them just off the floor.
crewless 5:46 AM - 24 February, 2012
The bins i24.ebayimg.com
dj onyro 5:05 AM - 6 May, 2013
Use a regulation size beer-pong table. 8 ft wide is enough for 4 turntables and a mixer with plenty of room and im 6' even and havin my case with the equipment in it simply sitting on the lid is enough to attain a comfortable height for me. Its super compact when folded and its 2' deep so it isnt one of those setups that extends too far if you know wut i mean. Its just comfortable imo
gymarines 11:18 PM - 30 May, 2018
I use On-stage stands. Model number KS7350.

I am 6.1.
I have a the DDJ-SZ2 with the case.

Extremely sturdy wont move at all.
DJ Tecniq 2:38 AM - 31 May, 2018
Reviving an old thread. I’ve beeb using leg risers which have been working well with my gold table. Very sturdy.

www.amazon.com
Reviving an old thread. I’ve been using leg risers which have been working well with my gold table. Very sturdy.

www.amazon.com
Fold*
popnwave 2:28 PM - 31 May, 2018
Those risers are great to have. Much better than the pyramid looking ones I've seen a few times in the wild.
Taipanic 5:08 PM - 5 June, 2018
I have one of these. A little bit wobbly but never had an issue. Adjustable from 26-38 inches, holds 150lbs. Covered in only the best quality rat fur:
www.odysseygear.com
popnwave 8:18 PM - 5 June, 2018
That rat fur is great for hiding gig funk.