DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Crane Stand....No Longer Doing Direct Sales?

blackavenger 1:42 PM - 31 January, 2011
So, this past Saturday I went to www.thecranestand.com in an attempt to buy the Stand and the Orange hardware, and despite whichever buttons I press, it always takes me to a Search Bar. The Cart Function doesn't work anymore either.

What gives?

Are they not doing direct factory sales anymore?
ninos 1:52 PM - 31 January, 2011
i bet they are updating and doing some new crazy shit. i would hope so. garret should chime in here and let us know wats going down.
RAYSH 2:51 PM - 31 January, 2011
i prefer the stanton uberstand, looks dope with macbooks and folds away nicely in your bag
DJ Prinvale` 3:57 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
i prefer the stanton uberstand, looks dope with macbooks and folds away nicely in your bag

I just picked this stand up to replace my old L-Stand. For $60 it's pretty hard to beat.
BERTO 4:02 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I just picked this stand up to replace my old L-Stand. For $60 it's pretty hard to beat.

I used to say the same thing till i used the Crane
blackavenger 4:58 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

We've all hashed out the "this stand vs. that stand" a million times on this forum....just this once, can we please keep this thread on topic?

For the record, I have (or had) the (Original & Stanton) Uberstand, L-Stand, and the L-StandM....In my opinion, they are all shit!!! I don't mind paying the loot for something of quality! I have seen, and tested the Crane Stand in person, and it MORE than meets my requirements!!

Can anyone confirm/deny my suspicion regarding their lack of Direct Web Sales?
BERTO 5:04 PM - 31 January, 2011
Black avenger call their 866 number remember they are pacific time
blackavenger 5:17 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Black avenger call their 866 number remember they are pacific time

Oh yeah, I didn't even thin k to call them....dumbass! Have you ever called them...do you know their "Hours of Operation"?
BERTO 5:23 PM - 31 January, 2011
Yea you can probably call them now if not try in a half hour
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:48 PM - 31 January, 2011
blackavenger,

It's very possible that direct sales are over. I knew it was coming from talking to Garrett at NAMM. They are stopping direct sales at the request of other retailers that sell the Crane stand. Big things in the works over there at Crane stand.

That being said, I would still call that 866 number and get the low down from Crane themselves.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:49 PM - 31 January, 2011
BTW, orange hardware is nice!!
blackavenger 7:11 PM - 31 January, 2011
Yeah, I just called....spoke w' Customer Service & Sales Department. It's official, they no longer sell directly! That frakin' sucks!

The reason being that I don't see anywhere that sells the Colored Knob & Lever sets. She referred me to store.djlaptopstand.com . Even though they show the various colored knob sets, they apparently do not have them in stock.

Do any of Y'all know a retailer that sells the colored Knob & Lever sets?
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:22 PM - 31 January, 2011
did you try AGIPRODJ?
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:23 PM - 31 January, 2011
nevermind, just did.

they, don't
blackavenger 7:47 PM - 31 January, 2011
yeah....this blows!

I mean, I can get the stand, and the sub-tray....so what's most important is taken care of. I just need that extra bling...LOL!
theCraneStand 7:55 PM - 31 January, 2011
Hey guys,

Garett here. Sorry for the delay.

It is official, we no longer sell directly whatsoever. Unfortunately, all of the big retailers out there get pretty upset about it. It was actually keeping all of them from buying it. Since we have taken it down, stores like Sweetwater, Sam Ash, and Washington Music Center are coming online in the near future.

The way we are setting it up to serve you guys better is we will clearly identify three categories of dealers:

1. Dealer (Standard dealer that just sells Cranes and maybe some accessories)
2. Exclusive Dealer (Dealers that are guaranteed to have stock and only sell Crane)
3. Service Center (Stocking all products and offering laser engraving and custom jobs)

So far, www.djlaptopstand.com is the only one that will get all three certifications. DJ Tech Tools will most likely get 1 and 2. Trying to work out if they can manage laser engraving.

As for the stock issues on the colors.... DJ'S WANT TOO MUCH BLING!! lol. We have a new shipment of the bling coming in soon. I do know that DJLS has a few colors left so hit them up for sure to see what they have left.

What colors are you guys seeking out?

Thanks Dub and Berto for letting me know about the thread.

Thanks to everyone that has been so instrumental in making this company a success. We owe you all big time!

-Garett
blackavenger 8:06 PM - 31 January, 2011
Thanks for the breakdown, Garrtt. I'm going to call them now about the "Bling".
blackavenger 8:11 PM - 31 January, 2011
Damn, apparently you can only contact them via Email Messaging System.....oh well, let's see how long it takes for them to get back w' me.
theCraneStand 8:18 PM - 31 January, 2011
I can call them for ya. What Color do you want>?
blackavenger 8:22 PM - 31 January, 2011
Orange or Green
theCraneStand 8:28 PM - 31 January, 2011
they said they are out of Orange. They do have Green!
djdalite 8:36 PM - 31 January, 2011
how do i get some of the wire loom/led things?
blackavenger 8:38 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
they said they are out of Orange. They do have Green!

Green it is then...thanks.

But, can I order "just" the Knob & Lever set, or is that only while purchasing the entire stand package?
pdidy 8:45 PM - 31 January, 2011
Being that the op's question has been answered, would anyone who has owned both mind explaining why the crane is better than the Uberstand. Just the facts, im not looking to start a debate, just need info from real uses.
BERTO 8:57 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Being that the op's question has been answered, would anyone who has owned both mind explaining why the crane is better than the Uberstand. Just the facts, im not looking to start a debate, just need info from real uses.

Uberstand stays at 90 degrees horizontal, crane can go many more angles lets say for a midi controller you can adjust angle with crane to how you want.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:13 PM - 31 January, 2011
Crane is way sexier.
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:14 PM - 31 January, 2011
That's fact, not opinion.
blackavenger 9:16 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Uberstand stays at 90 degrees horizontal, crane can go many more angles lets say for a midi controller you can adjust angle with crane to how you want.

Not to mention, the Uberstand requires zip-ties to stabilize it, and to me they're still wobbly a fuck, even like that.
blackavenger 9:18 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Crane is way sexier.

Quote:
That's fact, not opinion.

It is, indeed.
theCraneStand 9:27 PM - 31 January, 2011
The Wire Keep LEDs are in stock as well with djls.

If mastermind wasn't after me I could tell you guys why the Crane is better.
BERTO 9:31 PM - 31 January, 2011
As kat williams says "So what she/he keeps talking about you and hating on you. What do you think a hater's job is...to hate. If you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get five more people hating by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger..without haters most people wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them bitch you just hate me because you can't be me"
BERTO 9:31 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
The Wire Keep LEDs are in stock as well with djls.

If mastermind wasn't after me I could tell you guys why the Crane is better.

Please do tell :)
theCraneStand 9:41 PM - 31 January, 2011
Well, I don't know about all that Berto. He makes some ok points I guess. I guess what I meant to say is that I don't want to sound all 'salesman' on here. If anyone wants to get sold on a Crane, call me. I would be happy to talk your ear off on why we have the best laptop stand in the world and why even though you are spending more cash, you are getting the best VALUE.

-END SALES PITCH-
BERTO 10:36 PM - 31 January, 2011
Crane just posyed a new vid m.youtube.com ipad stand looks great!
BERTO 10:36 PM - 31 January, 2011
Posted=poysed
BERTO 10:45 PM - 31 January, 2011
Watchwww.youtube.com link fail try this one
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:45 PM - 31 January, 2011
mobile youtube link was throwing me off.

www.youtube.com
BERTO 10:45 PM - 31 January, 2011
yea same here
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:47 PM - 31 January, 2011
FUCK!!!!!

no polka-dot!!!!!

I hate you!!!
ninos 10:49 PM - 31 January, 2011
thats the new crane stand with the pin? THATS SO DOPE!
DJ Dub Cowboy 10:54 PM - 31 January, 2011
so basically

same price (or less) as uberstand, more colors, better angle, free subtray

total win

except this polka dot thing..
ninos 11:02 PM - 31 January, 2011
good job guys at crane, it honestly looks so sweet, especially for the colors.
theCraneStand 11:13 PM - 31 January, 2011
Look Dub, I know you like polka-dots. Pink one especially, but you can't expect us to just build product for you and only you. JEEZ! HAHA

Glad you guys like the new ish. Keep in mind, that the Crane Standard is NOT very adjustable and weighs in at like 5lbs. The Crane Stand that you all know and love is now called the Crane Stand Pro. If you are a touring DJ, you are Pro. For the people that just need a stand that can do their dirty work and do it well, the Standard is the way to go.
DJ Dub Cowboy 11:21 PM - 31 January, 2011
I don't always need my stand to match my underwear but it would be nice once in a while.
Johbremat 11:30 PM - 31 January, 2011
I think I saw a prototype on DJTT nearly (or more than?) a year ago...

...is there supposed to be a Crane Stand coming out with two legs (versus the current one)?
theCraneStand 11:53 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

...is there supposed to be a Crane Stand coming out with two legs (versus the current one)?

Are you talking about this?
Watchwww.youtube.com
Jensen Määäm 12:00 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:

The crane stand is more stable, built like a tank, no plastic tie needed, fold up in seconds, adjustable in more positions/angles. It's a liitle heavier than the uberstand and the uberstand has a little nicer bag, that's about it. When I saw the crane stand the first time, I knew within a second, that's the laptop stand I want. I bought it second hand, I'm happy and I sold my Uberstand. No other laptop stand needed.
theCraneStand 12:02 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The crane stand is more stable, built like a tank, no plastic tie needed, fold up in seconds, adjustable in more positions/angles. It's a liitle heavier than the uberstand and the uberstand has a little nicer bag, that's about it. When I saw the crane stand the first time, I knew within a second, that's the laptop stand I want. I bought it second hand, I'm happy and I sold my Uberstand. No other laptop stand needed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
DJLRock 4:06 AM - 1 February, 2011
just ordered it from djlaptopstand $202.74 with shipping

The Crane Stand Pro
- Center Stage: Yes
- Knob and Lever Set: Standard (raw)
- SubTray: Standard (raw)
- Wire Keep LED: Yes
theCraneStand 4:18 AM - 1 February, 2011
they are brand new. They came in and pretty much bought out all of our accessories. How was your experience Rock?
DJLRock 4:20 AM - 1 February, 2011
i just bought it 20 minutes ago so i dunno yet lol... estimated delivery is feb 9th. which seems kinda long to me.
blackavenger 6:09 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
just ordered it from djlaptopstand $202.74 with shipping

The Crane Stand Pro
- Center Stage: Yes
- Knob and Lever Set: Standard (raw)
- SubTray: Standard (raw)
- Wire Keep LED: Yes

Quote:
i just bought it 20 minutes ago so i dunno yet lol... estimated delivery is feb 9th. which seems kinda long to me.

Yeah, I bought mine earlier today before I went to work.

The Crane Stand Pro
- Center Stage No Thanks
- Knob and Lever Set Green
- SubTray Green
- Wire Keep LED Yes

Total - $212.74 .....was also quoted shipment date of February 9th. That does seem kinda long...what, are they making these to order? I could order a Dell, and they could build and ship it faster than that....whatever, I've waited this long, I suppose another couple weeks isn't too bad. But I'm crossing my fingers that nothing else comes up....New companies usually have growing pains.
DJ Dub Cowboy 6:24 AM - 1 February, 2011
subTray Green

pICS!!!
blackavenger 6:40 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
subTray Green

pICS!!!

I was already planning to. I have never seen a colored Subtray......should be cool!
kryptonitednb 6:53 AM - 1 February, 2011
Anyone that says they prefer the Uberstand should quit djing period. Come talk to me when that thing flips.

PS Garret, my kids lost one of my LEDs. Bastards!
DJLRock 7:21 AM - 1 February, 2011
i thought the long delivery was because they ordered em from crane but after crane said that place bought a ton of em i dunno what it could be. i need the center stage so when i put my mixer on it it wont wobble.
Johbremat 11:07 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Are you talking about this?
Watchwww.youtube.com

I can't see that on my screen (colours are wonky) but as best as I can tell, it wasn't that model and it wasn't that recent.

If you take the Crane that's been around for the past year, shift the single foot over to the side and add a second one? That's what I recall having saw.
theCraneStand 5:39 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Anyone that says they prefer the Uberstand should quit djing period. Come talk to me when that thing flips.

*****NOTE TO ALL DJ'S WITH KIDS****

Kids friggen love the Wire Keep LEDs. Keep them out of reach from Children as they WILL accept ownership and you WILL NOT see them again. lol
hit me Josh and I can hook you up with a replacement on those.
BERTO 5:43 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Kids friggen love the Wire Keep LEDs. Keep them out of reach from Children as they
WILL accept ownership and you WILL NOT see them again. lol

Yea i heard ppl tie them to rc cars in dark driving situations......lol
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:37 PM - 1 February, 2011
I still want my brown knobs. Its all about the Chocolate Crane :)
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:05 PM - 1 February, 2011
+ #2
kryptonitednb 11:34 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Kids friggen love the Wire Keep LEDs. Keep them out of reach from Children as they WILL accept ownership and you WILL NOT see them again. lol

Sent you an email bruv.
echa1945mf 11:44 PM - 1 February, 2011
does anybody knows where i can get this in indonesia ? they mostly sell reloops and friggin uberstand here
theCraneStand 11:49 PM - 1 February, 2011
I think you can get them from Hawko in Singapore
echa1945mf 11:50 PM - 1 February, 2011
Wow thats like 5 hour flight from bali . should of get em while i was at zouk out , any contact info on em ?

ps : thx garret that was fast :p
theCraneStand 11:54 PM - 1 February, 2011
james@hawko.com

they should be able to help you
sixxx 11:58 PM - 1 February, 2011
So, basically this kind of expensive stand can only be put to the side of a set up and not underneath say... a case?

Just asking. Thanks
BERTO 12:03 AM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
So, basically this kind of expensive stand can only be put to the side of a set up and not underneath say... a case?

Just asking. Thanks

I have it inside a case with leg under turntable.....works fine
BERTO 12:05 AM - 2 February, 2011
And you can put it under case, do you have little legs under case that lift up coffin or case about a 1/2 inch? Leg slides under there too
blackavenger 1:08 AM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:

Just asking. Thanks

Apparently, they sell an attachment called the "Center Stage" which allows this functionality. It costs an additional $50 dollars. I may buy one eventually, but seeing as I'm only buying this stand for gig use (my home coffin has a platform for my laptop), I don't really have a use for one now. I don't like to have the laptop in front of me while gigging....I'd rather have it off to the side.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Jordabella 6:43 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quick question on the sub-tray....

Has anyone else noticed that the the sub-tray doesn't fit firmly against the side rails. On mine it seem to me a 1/4" gap. The tray will slide down with any sort of shaking at all.

Let me know if anyone else is having this issue
theCraneStand 6:48 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:

Has anyone else noticed that the the sub-tray doesn't fit firmly against the side rails. On mine it seem to me a 1/4" gap. The tray will slide down with any sort of shaking at all.

That doesn't sound right. I think you might have a warranty replacement. Please call our office @ 866-581-4522

Are your Rubber Caps worn out? If so, you can order more for only $1 which is basically the cost to send them to you. Kinda like brake pads, they wear after some use.
sixxx 6:58 PM - 2 February, 2011
Thanks for the responses.
DJLRock 10:45 PM - 2 February, 2011
just got an email from djlaptopstand saying the center stage is not in stock
blackavenger 10:54 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
Yeah, I bought mine earlier today before I went to work.

The Crane Stand Pro
- Center Stage No Thanks
- Knob and Lever Set Green
- SubTray Green
- Wire Keep LED Yes

Total - $212.74 .....was also quoted shipment date of February 9th. That does seem kinda long...what, are they making these to order? I could order a Dell, and they could build and ship it faster than that....whatever, I've waited this long, I suppose another couple weeks isn't too bad. But I'm crossing my fingers that nothing else comes up....New companies usually have growing pains.

Quote:
just got an email from djlaptopstand saying the center stage is not in stock

Wow, I was right about the "growing pains" thing! I received an email today stating that the "Green" Subtray was not in stock, and that they wouldn't have any in for about 3 weeks. I said that I would just wait for it....the prospect of having a green tray is pretty dope! Regardless, it sucks to have to wait soooo looong!
DJLRock 11:01 PM - 2 February, 2011
yeah..sucks.. the center stage is the reason i bought the stand
Jensen Määäm 11:04 PM - 2 February, 2011
Tell Krypto about the green tray...he'll love it!
Reece Duncan 11:36 PM - 2 February, 2011
My crane stand arrived yesterday and i noticed that the sub tray is not as tight as i thought it would be. It seems to slip down with any sort or pressure or weight on it.
It may be normal but i just expected it to be more rigid.
blackavenger 11:56 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
My crane stand arrived yesterday and i noticed that the sub tray is not as tight as i thought it would be. It seems to slip down with any sort or pressure or weight on it.

Really, from the video they look pretty tight? Is this just his, or do the rest of you (owners) concur?
kryptonitednb 12:05 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

That doesn't sound right. I think you might have a warranty replacement. Please call our office @ 866-581-4522

Are your Rubber Caps worn out? If so, you can order more for only $1 which is basically the cost to send them to you. Kinda like en.wikipedia.org, they wear after some use.

Call me weinie.
theCraneStand 3:27 AM - 3 February, 2011
The subtray is design to work once weight is placed on it. The tilt you put on it kinda clamps it down to the riser. Again, if something doesn't seem right call us and we will replace or rework it with no questions asked.

I talked to Jeremy @ DJLS and they have hit a huge number of sales and got a little overwhelmed. Sounds kinda familiar to me. At the moment, it seems that the whole entire world is out of CenterStages. I arranged to ship the direct the back ordered parts.
BERTO 4:05 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Really, from the video they look pretty tight? Is this just his, or do the rest of you (owners) concur?

My subtray doesnt slip it works with weight if u lift up you can adjust height
Jordabella 11:42 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Are your Rubber Caps worn out? If so, you can order more for only $1 which is basically the cost to send them to you. Kinda like brake pads, they wear after some use.

No the rubber caps are in perfect condition.... It's brand new. I will call today....

Thanks for your quick response
blackavenger 6:17 PM - 11 February, 2011
So, the Green Hardware that came w' my Crane Stand does not seat properly....it looks as though it was machined a little to thick.....it won't fit into the shaft. The rods are a wee bit too long as well. The hardware that came on the stand is perfect, so it's not as though it can't be used. It's only the Green Knob & Lever hardware that is defective. Is this a Crane Factory warranty issue, or should I contact djlaptopstand.com for a replacement?

By the way......djlaptopstand.com's customer service blows!!!!

An email conversation (if you wanna call it that) between Them & Myself:

Them -
Quote:
Hi Rick
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we do not have the Green SubTray ($20), in stock at this time. We can refund $20 for the SubTray and ship the rest of your order now.
We can backorder the Green SubTray for you, we are expecting them in approx 3 weeks. When they become available we can contact you.

Another option, we can ship a Black SubTray now instead of the Green if you would like.

Me -
Quote:
Just back order it for me....I'm set on the green. I assume the shipping will be free when it finally comes in?

Me again -
Quote:
Just so we are clear, you are going to ship the Crane Stand with the Green Knob & Lever set now. Then, when you receive stock of the Green Subtray,
you are going to send that out to me, but in about 3 weeks or so....Correct?

So they NEVER responded. Really? I mean, how hard would it have been to answer a couple simple questions. I wasn't being rude or demanding, I merely wanted a
clarification.

Yep...the Green Subtray (that I was charged for) didn't come w' the package (they sent the OG silver one) I received today...so I suppose THAT answers my questions ;)

I hate dealing with companies where you cannot reach them by phone.....never again! In the future I'll get my Crane Stand gear from one of the other suggested retailers.

So should I call Crane or deal with the "unresponsive" djlaptopstand.com ?!?
theCraneStand 8:41 PM - 11 February, 2011
You should call me dude. They are about to loose their certifications real quick. Hit me up directly and I will sort it for you. I would like more details on this situation. It seems to me like they need to be better at removing products that they do not have in stock.

Hit me on the PM for my mobile number,

Garett
jevo9 10:02 PM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
You should call me dude. They are about to loose their certifications real quick. Hit me up directly and I will sort it for you. I would like more details on this situation. It seems to me like they need to be better at removing products that they do not have in stock.

Hit me on the PM for my mobile number,

Garett

i want to order a cranestand with all the extras but I don't want to wait so long. I really want the cranestand with brown knobs :) or purple
theCraneStand 11:33 PM - 11 February, 2011
I talked to the owner today from DJlaptopstand.com. He said that he will update his site tonight with the product he still has in stock. Unfortunately, he is the only dealer that is buying the accessories right now. Nothing helps more than you guys calling your favorite dealers and demanding that they offer more Crane stuff. Short of that, we are doing the best that we can to keep up with DJLS.
Tenor 1:19 AM - 12 February, 2011
I got mine for $139 with the subtray and free shipping.
theCraneStand 5:04 AM - 12 February, 2011
Where did you get yours?
blackavenger 2:46 PM - 12 February, 2011
Quote:
I got mine for $139 with the subtray and free shipping.

Quote:
Where did you get yours?

LOL.....don't tell him......J/K!
DJLRock 10:22 PM - 15 February, 2011
mine came and seems direct from crane.. also whats up with the sub tray? how much weight can it hold.. i put something on it and it falls over.
theCraneStand 10:43 PM - 15 February, 2011
Some orders get shipped direct. A lot of times when dealers are out of stock, we will drop ship.

The SubTray should hold up about 3 or 4 lbs.
DJLRock 10:44 PM - 15 February, 2011
thanks.. now just waiting for the center stage that they said is backordered.. love the stand by the way
theCraneStand 10:44 PM - 15 February, 2011
Thanks! Sorry about the CenterStages. We only made like 200 of those and they went QUICK.
DJLRock 10:50 PM - 15 February, 2011
lol nice.. are you making any more? cause i paid for it lol
theCraneStand 10:56 PM - 15 February, 2011
We are. Morgan is welding them as we speak. They are kindof a bitch to build though. There is a really tight weld point that makes them go slow. They are on the way for sure.
Jonny almighty 10:16 PM - 2 June, 2012
I'd like to ask Crane, where in the uk can I get centre stage? I've sent you emails but no joy. Perhaps you can tell me on this forum? Cheers
BERTO 12:16 AM - 3 June, 2012
Center stage is unavailable
DJ Seize 1:42 AM - 10 June, 2012
I only want to order the Crane Stand Pro if the Center Stage is ever available again... Any info?
popnwave 1:22 PM - 10 June, 2012
Quote:
I only want to order the Crane Stand Pro if the Center Stage is ever available again... Any info?

Good question, nice accessorie that seems to have fallen by the side even though the demand was huge.. at least on this forum!
s1 5:00 AM - 16 November, 2012
any word on the Center stage ?
BERTO 5:01 AM - 16 November, 2012
No center stage i thinkit was a concept with trial sale
DJ GaFFle 2:22 PM - 17 November, 2012
I've had my Crane stand for a good minute now and it's still been a solid/no worry accessory for me. I wish I would have thought of something so innovative and well made. :-)

ps: Never go the outsourcing route with your product and you'll have a customer in me.
nik39 3:28 PM - 17 November, 2012
I like the crane stand. But the issue with the center stage accessory (which should have been included in the first place) is not cool. You can't buy it.
p45 5:14 PM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
I like the crane stand. But the issue with the center stage accessory (which should have been included in the first place) is not cool. You can't buy it.

+1
Dj Scarface 7:22 PM - 23 November, 2012
put up the center stage accessory & ill by today...

but read & following this topic, there been no more post from crane
BERTO 7:31 PM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:

Center stage is not available it was a trial product
blackavenger 3:26 AM - 24 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Center stage is not available it was a trial product

Yeah, a trial product that should have been part of the main product.
nik39 4:08 AM - 24 November, 2012
Quote:
Yeah, a trial product that should have been part of the main product.

+1.
dj-freestyle 4:01 PM - 24 November, 2012
What was the center stage, the platter that fits in middle?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:23 PM - 24 November, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com

It had a wider base. I think it also came with a center shelf.

Wish they made dual base, like the uber stand, which i still use.
dj-freestyle 4:34 PM - 25 November, 2012
Mine came with a shelf for my serato box or a hard drive. do they not come with that anymore?
Jensen Määäm 4:52 PM - 25 November, 2012
It depends, freestyle. I'm sure you can find it with or without the tray, that's how it's called.
BERTO 5:36 PM - 25 November, 2012
They all come w subtray for interfaces or hd
dj-freestyle 4:10 PM - 26 November, 2012
Mine has the tray i was just curious what the hell the center stage was?
BERTO 4:39 PM - 26 November, 2012
Wider foot/base
matt_b 4:39 PM - 26 November, 2012
Watchwww.youtube.com jump too 2:15
SiRocket 10:58 PM - 26 November, 2012
seriously.... WTF is up with a delay on the center stage, and for an extra cost too?? smh...
Dj Scarface 10:22 AM - 30 November, 2012
still no sign of crane here... :-(
DJ Matty Stiles 1:04 PM - 30 November, 2012
in the meantime i just put blu-tack / putty underneath the mixer to keep it stable. Just go to wallgreens and it should cost you like $2. Not an ideal solution i know but it works well for the time being
Musically Minded 2:03 PM - 30 November, 2012
Quote:
in the meantime i just put blu-tack / putty underneath the mixer to keep it stable. Just go to wallgreens and it should cost you like $2. Not an ideal solution i know but it works well for the time being

these work well too, a bit more expensive thou.

www.amazon.com
monchi 5:43 AM - 19 December, 2012
Have ya'll seen this here, new Crane stand

Watchwww.youtube.com
jevo9 7:01 AM - 19 December, 2012
they really should come here and let us know if the center stage is ever going to come out again or not...
SpareChange 7:15 AM - 19 December, 2012
yep still checkin the mailbox lol
BERTO 12:58 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
they really should come here and let us know if the center stage is ever going to come out again or not...

Its not coming out i have said earlier
BERTO 12:58 PM - 19 December, 2012
Too expensive to produce for what it is
nik39 2:09 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:

For real.

And ... what's the point in showing in a video how you're giving away free stuff to your endorsed artists? I mean.. It looks a bit strange. Just imagine Dean or Sam giving away 62 mixers to their endorsed artist.
BERTO 2:19 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

For real.

And ... what's the point in showing in a video how you're giving away free stuff to your endorsed artists? I mean.. It looks a bit strange. Just imagine Dean or Sam giving away 62 mixers to their endorsed artist.

Lol nik u serious about freebies?
BERTO 2:26 PM - 19 December, 2012
First its not a 2 grand mixer second its for reppin USA dont hate, artists, athletes all get hookups its part of the game, network with the right people and you can get hooked up too.
Example 1 i got my very expensive mountain bike for 200 bucks out the store, no credit check nothing, just a "dont worry about it, pay me when you can" its all about who you know
nik39 2:46 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
First its not a 2 grand mixer

2 grand, 2 dimes - whatever. It doe not make a difference

Quote:
second its for reppin USA

Does not make a difference again.

Quote:
dont hate,

Geez, no one is hating. I was asking a simple question.

Ask yourself: What's the purpose of having that part in the video? It does not contain any valuable information for the potential customers watching the video (other than.. look, if you're important, we'll sponsor you).

Quote:
its part of the game

Oh.. And?

Quote:
network with the right people and you can get hooked up too.

And...? Was this about myself complaining not getting hooked up? Dude, scroll up, and read again my question.

Quote:
its all about who you know

Oh.. dropping knowledge, huh?

;)

Seriously, read again my posting and my question. Also, proper punctuation makes reading easier!
BERTO 3:04 PM - 19 December, 2012
Ok Nik, why does it bother you that he did that? He didn't say it in a dickhead way. As far as dropping knowledge yea the center stage is not happening.
BERTO 3:05 PM - 19 December, 2012
However NAMM is soon lets wait and see what happens
BERTO 3:05 PM - 19 December, 2012
:)
nik39 3:47 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
Ok Nik, why does it bother you that he did that

As said, I think it's unnecessary to post that part of the video. Does it give the customer any essential information or any information at all (other than... be cool, and get sponsored)?
BERTO 4:03 PM - 19 December, 2012
Sponsorships drive in business from younger generations, same reason dc shoes birdhouse, spitfire , hoffmann bikes, woodward, burton oakley,adidas, all do this it drives the next generations to purchase a brand. Marketing strategy. Its not targeted towards you but a dmc inspired new guy might like that.
BERTO 4:04 PM - 19 December, 2012
Sponsorships do drive sales numbers up. Red bull rampage for example introduced me to a new bike company thats awesome
SpareChange 4:18 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
It was so close, Garett from CRANE is going to give
their new stand… the CRANE STANDARD (cv1) to
Spare Change.
SiRocket 11:12 PM - 19 December, 2012
i'm really close with dj kilmore from incubus and hyped him on getting a crane stand about 5-6 months ago.... i never bothered to look at the base but i was over there last week and saw he had the center stage on it... his tech/equip guy got that with the stand order.... seems like another example of crane not taking care of their paying customers. smh

Still pretty unprofessional to not chime in on this thread... I could easily ask kilmore for a spare but i'm not like that.
nik39 11:16 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Spare Change.

So you still haven't received your stand yet?
BERTO 11:52 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
i'm really close with dj kilmore from incubus and hyped him on getting a crane stand about 5-6 months ago.... i never bothered to look at the base but i was over there last week and saw he had the center stage on it... his tech/equip guy got that with the stand order.... seems like another example of crane not taking care of their paying customers. smh

Still pretty unprofessional to not chime in on this thread... I could easily ask kilmore for a spare but i'm not like that.

Chime in time, it was a trail product it was for sale, too expensive to make and sell . Thats why its not for sale. Tooling costs shipping cost materials all tie into that price. The idea was/is good but crane disnt want to pass a too expensive part onto consumers.
BERTO 11:53 PM - 19 December, 2012
Also Crane isnt logged into these forums all the time. Emails about this have been answered however
SpareChange 11:56 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Spare Change.

So you still haven't received your stand yet?

Nope
SiRocket 5:05 AM - 20 December, 2012
weak.
SiRocket 5:06 AM - 20 December, 2012
that's like ferrari saying it's too expensive to put a front license plate bracket on their cars.... smdh
BERTO 5:15 AM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
that's like ferrari saying it's too expensive to put a front license plate bracket on their cars.... smdh

Lol most ferarris are not owned past their second maintenace bc of the price of maintenance, great example, working at an auto auction i see so many ferraris with super low miles not sell bc of this. A broken windshield on a 360 modena (cheaper ferrari) will run you around 6 grand.... Needless to say it didnt sell. A 430 went by a few months ago the asking starting price around 90 grand. 32 grand in body work.... Didnt sell.... People dont like paying a higher price for just a leg. Trust me if it was available this thread would be " wtf Crane too expensive its just a leg!" its just like Serato with midi out, they cant come out with every single request, not yet. Namm is coming soon though.
BERTO 5:19 AM - 20 December, 2012
Side note-Weird thing about Ferraris is the people that can afford them dont want to pay for the maintenance (which they can afford) even though its way over the top!
BERTO 5:23 AM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:

Vw doesnt do floormats In their cars, i dont know if this is a new thing but my sis justgot a new vdub and its not in the price of the car, also corvettes front plate bracket is not stock. I do get ur point though i just like cars! and have passed the need for a centerstage to Garett
BERTO 5:30 AM - 20 December, 2012
6 grand for windshields before i get proven "wrong" is 2 grand for glass 4 grand to install from ny ferarri and was given as an estimate to a dealer bidding on car (and yes i thought it was crazy install was that much money)
BERTO 5:37 AM - 20 December, 2012
Sidetracked a bit sorry bout that back to topic
nik39 6:42 AM - 20 December, 2012
Berto, are you an official spokesman for Crane?

Anyway, your reasoning doesn't make sense.

If Crane had not announced the center stage (which btw should have been included in the original package) as an add on, I would not had bought a second stand. Fail in all aspects from Crane.
SiRocket 8:20 AM - 20 December, 2012
i agree with nik on a few things, dice tools and this. #i'mout
p45 11:55 AM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
i agree with nik on a few things, dice tools and this. #i'mout

+1
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:15 PM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
i'm really close with dj kilmore from incubus

made me think of one of my fave dj vids ever

Watchwww.youtube.com
BERTO 4:06 PM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
Berto, are you an official spokesman for Crane?

Anyway, your reasoning doesn't make sense.

If Crane had not announced the center stage (which btw should have been included in the original package) as an add on, I would not had bought a second stand. Fail in all aspects from Crane.

What reasoning? The price of a product being too expensive to make? Crane is a business, not all products come to the retail world. It was a trial product that didnt fit into a business plan. There are tons of products that dont make it past a certain stage, however if the request for this is loud enough it may be heard and if you guys are willing to pay the price email Crane. Enough emails might get the word across. Nik im not about arguing on forums homie, your request has been passed along.
nik39 7:18 PM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
your request has been passed along.

Thanks, but.. can you elaborate on the question whether you are an official spokesman for Crane or what other affiliation/connection you have with Crane? Sorry, but you don't sound like an average customer (like myself) - you sound too biased ;)
BERTO 7:40 PM - 20 December, 2012
Yes I know Garett he is a friend of mine.
BERTO 7:41 PM - 20 December, 2012
He doesnt frequent forums I do so i let him know whats up on forum when crane comes up
SiRocket 3:25 AM - 22 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
i'm really close with dj kilmore from incubus

made me think of one of my fave dj vids ever

Watchwww.youtube.com

all of the production, keys, synths, and live vocal chops are all done by him :)
Dj Scarface 9:00 AM - 29 December, 2012
when dose the PLUS drop & what colors?
s1 11:14 PM - 1 January, 2013
Good question about the PLUS
can we get some type of feedback on this
since Crane website is down and u never get back a reply on Email
BERTO 6:18 AM - 2 January, 2013
Quote:
Good question about the PLUS
can we get some type of feedback on this
since Crane website is down and u never get back a reply on Email

namm
djkurve 4:49 PM - 13 March, 2013
Love how everything on Crane's website is/has been in "sold out" status.
BERTO 7:54 PM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:
Love how everything on Crane's website is/has been in "sold out" status.

Trying to push for dealer sales (guitar center, agiprodj sweetwater, pssl ect)
DJ GaFFle 8:50 PM - 13 March, 2013
I'm not affiliated with Crane but I consider it as one if my best quality Dj purchases. There's not a better Dj laptop stand on the market... Especially comparing it to that death-trap Uberstand with ziptie holder.
Dj R. Driver 12:43 PM - 14 March, 2013
they should (crane) make like a johnny 5 stand, more flexible, compact and versatile and easy on your $ MBP. Thats Mac Book Pro to to those that dont know!
BERTO 2:11 PM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
they should (crane) make like a johnny 5 stand, more flexible, compact and versatile and easy on your $ MBP. Thats Mac Book Pro to to those that dont know!

Crane stand plus soon
Dj R. Driver 3:06 PM - 14 March, 2013
no shit i have employed an empty milk crate as a laptop stand in my life. smh but lol
DJ GaFFle 3:10 PM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
no shit i have employed an empty milk crate as a laptop stand in my life. smh but lol

So you use that milk crate for your laptop at gigs too?
Dj R. Driver 3:23 PM - 14 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

just once homie lol , got a pic for verification. crane laptop stand. shit paid 120 for it new smh
Jensen Määäm 8:02 AM - 15 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

just once homie lol , got a pic for verification. crane laptop stand. shit paid 120 for it new smh

I've seen many things DJs put their laptops on...the question is, do you want it and wth do you compare it with a laptop stand? You paid 120 bucks for your crane stand? Be happy that was a good deal!
Dj R. Driver 12:55 AM - 16 March, 2013
yea dont they retail for like $160
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:23 PM - 16 March, 2013
60 bucks with a carrying bag brand new!! EBay is a beautiful place...........
DJ Tracktion 8:04 PM - 16 March, 2013
Quote:
I'm not affiliated with Crane but I consider it as one if my best quality Dj purchases. There's not a better Dj laptop stand on the market... Especially comparing it to that death-trap Uberstand with ziptie holder.

I thought that too til mine broke and mbp fell to the floor...
..was very unhappy about that
slimmjimm 8:08 PM - 16 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

'Splain, Lucy.
Steve E Wunda 2:04 AM - 17 March, 2013
Quote:
60 bucks with a carrying bag brand new!! EBay is a beautiful place...........

Word, I got mine for $75 off of Ebay
DJ GaFFle 1:37 AM - 18 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

'Splain, Lucy.

Yes, please explain.
DJ Tracktion 3:50 AM - 18 March, 2013
I had...I think maybe somewhere earlier in this thread actually. Was at a gig and the bottom mechanism (the end pieces and threaded part) gave out, Crane collapsed..MBP fell...heart stopped.

..long story short MBP is currently working but dented and they did send me a replacement part for the Crane stand but it took a looong time to get a hold of anyone and start the process and I would have rather had a new Crane Stand sent being that this one is now like a gf that cheated on u...like yeah, before I loved the Crane stand and would swear by it....but can never fully trust it now.
thebulge 5:30 AM - 19 June, 2013
So does anyone know the difference between the plus and pro?

Its really not clear on their website.
DJ Dub Cowboy 7:25 AM - 19 June, 2013
Pro is the original, made of aluminum, guaranteed for life.
Plus is made of steel (but still same weight as Pro), comes in different colors, and is guaranteed for a year.

Both are incredible stands.
blackavenger 6:40 PM - 19 June, 2013
Does the plus have all of the different positions like the original aluminum one?
[a.g.] 7:22 PM - 19 June, 2013
the crane stand have always been made in china? The box says designed in the us but made in china. Not sure if its just recently or if it always was that
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:16 PM - 19 June, 2013
Quote:
Does the plus have all of the different positions like the original aluminum one?

yes, even goes a little bit lower than the Pro due to improved laptop tray design
DJ Dub Cowboy 9:17 PM - 19 June, 2013
Quote:
the crane stand have always been made in china? The box says designed in the us but made in china. Not sure if its just recently or if it always was that

It's been like that for a long time.
[a.g.] 9:55 PM - 19 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

It's been like that for a long time.

O ok
Joshua Carl 3:13 AM - 28 June, 2013
in case you missed it... THE CRANE STAND PLUS IS 50% OFF NOW- JULY 4TH AT MIDNIGHT!!1

PROMO CODE: HUGESALE

YUP, they did that. sooooo cheap, so solid
now everyone is gonna have one!

www.cranehardware.com
djkurve 2:22 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
in case you missed it... THE CRANE STAND PLUS IS 50% OFF NOW- JULY 4TH AT MIDNIGHT!!1

PROMO CODE: HUGESALE

YUP, they did that. sooooo cheap, so solid
now everyone is gonna have one!

www.cranehardware.com

+1
djkurve 2:23 PM - 28 June, 2013
I still have my OG Crane Stand. Might buy one of these for a backup.