Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Direct Video FX in VSL

ToddLarBoy 9:18 AM - 30 December, 2010
Product: video-sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.2
---

I hope I haven't overlooked something simple but my question is in regards to Video FX in VSL.

It's great having such a wide variety of FX available, but in many cases I may only be using a few throughout the night. Is there any way through MIDI (or otherwise) to call up a specific effect? I already have my controller mapped to turn on/off and control depth, but is there a faster way to get to a specific effect rather than scrolling?

FYI - even more important when you don't have an "infinite" knob left on your controller and you have a large # of text and jpegs added.

Or maybe there is a way to remove/add effects you want available? So I can remove the ones I don't use but have the ability to pull them up at another time or still have specific effects come up that were saved with a video.

This may fall more into the area of feature requests if not already available. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:45 PM - 30 December, 2010
These options do not exist at the moment. I will be putting this thread in the Feature Request forum.
6:45 PM, 30 Dec 2010
Discussion moved to Scratch Live Feature Suggestions
ToddLarBoy 11:19 PM - 23 June, 2011
are the video efx all stored as files in a folder somewhere? A VJ using Virtual showed me the other day how he could simply delete or drop in new efx into his efx folder to import them that way. If that's the case, I could simply move them to a different folder where vsl doesn't look for them but wehere I could always go bring them back in if I changed my mind.

Thanks
Matt Allcock 12:57 PM - 7 July, 2011
+1 - if you had a midi pad you could turn on different features at the touch of a button rather than scrolling. Great idea. :)
ToddLarBoy 1:18 AM - 6 October, 2011
I use MIDI now, but still can't jump directly to an effect. Always have to choose from a VERY long list rather than the 3-5 I actually would like.

VSL, PLEASE help with this. Almost unusable in this fashion.

Thanks
DJ Barticus 1:02 AM - 27 March, 2014
3 years later....

+1