Vestax CF-X2 Optional Digital Crossfader for VCI-300 MKII

rmr1r 9:51 PM - 24 November, 2010
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: vestax-vci-300||vestax-vfx-1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.5
---

Just thought this info might be useful to others with a VCI 300 MKII...

Mr. Graeme Baker from American Music & Sound (U.S. Vestax Distributors) replied to my CF-X2 optional crossfader inquiry. Looks as if the product isn't listed but you can call the following sites to inquire directly. Here's what he said...:

You can purchase this optional crossfader through any one of our authorized retailers:

www.fullcompass.com

www.sweetwater.com

Please mention the following part number: CF-X2MKII
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 10:01 PM - 25 November, 2010
Hi rmr1r.

I'll move this into the ITCH General Discussion area for other VCI-300 users to see :D
Cheers!
10:01 PM, 25 Nov 2010
Discussion moved to ITCH General Discussion
Kepik 9:13 PM - 27 December, 2010
Called both of them and they couldn't find anything.
rmr1r 9:20 PM - 27 December, 2010
Lol. That's unfortunate. I was going to try to order the xfader but after "kraal's xfader fix" youtube video, my stock fader cuttin nice and sharp. Thanks for inquiring and sharing. Hopefully someone from Vestax can help us figure this out.
kraal 11:38 PM - 27 December, 2010
yeah seems vestax is really slow in stocking this stuff on the shelves
Kepik 9:17 PM - 29 December, 2010
News update!

Sweet Water got back to me and told me it is available, but will take 3-5 weeks for the order to go through. Cost is $120.
rmr1r 9:56 PM - 29 December, 2010
Nice! Please post a brief review if you get it. It would be appreciated since theres not much info on the net about it. Damn near nothing out there really. Thanks for following up.
Kepik 1:21 AM - 11 February, 2011
So apparently Vestax has delayed the CF-X2 crossfader. Sweet Water is not sure of the estimate.

Looks like Vestax Japan finally has it up on their website!

www.vestax.jp
Xtianw 1:43 AM - 11 February, 2011
yeah when i talked to vestax about it they basically said they didnt know when exactly it would be out.

and this was coming from vestax japan people (dj take specifically)
westell54 4:31 AM - 11 February, 2011
That's typical for Vestax. It should have been available on day one of product announcement. The also should have made the MKII price about $100-$150 higher and just included the fader already installed in the unit. Vestax of all companies should know that almost all mixers should have the best possible fader installed. Also, where is an option for all the customers who bought the original model. That's also typical for Vestax. They don't correct the problem, they just come out with a MKII, MKIII, MKIV, ect...

Let's see how well it works once it makes it out into the wild.
thebulge 5:49 AM - 11 February, 2011
Hey that's a good find.

translate.google.com.au

Good info on the fader, interesting that the unit will need a firmware update for it. Might be bad news for MKI users that want to try installing one though. Perhaps the fw update is the hold up?
Charlie 1:02 PM - 27 February, 2011
still no update on when this is coming out, huh?

vestax, makin us wait...
thebulge 10:52 PM - 22 March, 2011
Any further word on this? I've just emailed the AU distributor. I assume that with the tragedy in Japan it might be on hold, but I'd like to support their economy and buy one!

Love to know if anyone has one yet, or even thoughts of the fader from the PMC-05MKIII... which is the same.
Kepik 10:55 PM - 22 March, 2011
I was told by Sweetwater that the part was supposed to arrive March, but now the date has been pushed back to June or so.
thebulge 11:05 PM - 22 March, 2011
Just heard the same from MusicLink is Australia. I understand there is firmware that will be required for the VCI-300MKii.

The fader hardware is good, it's in the 05-PROMKIII that's currently shipping. Firmware is the only thing that would be holding it up.
thebulge 7:04 AM - 23 May, 2011
Seems that the first and only firmware update for the VCI should have covered the digital fader.

I've just ordered one, MusicLink have finally got some stock. I will report back here with how it goes if anyone cares.

Seems everyone's forgot about the VCi-300 now though... poor little guy. :P I still love you, even if everyone else is NS6 crazy.
DJred24 10:47 PM - 25 May, 2011
Agree VCI 300 ROCKS>!!!
DJ 3RDDEGREE 6:43 PM - 9 November, 2011
Just installed a CF-X2 cross-fader into my VCI-300 MKII. The installation of the hardware was easy. The firmware installation was also easy. I downloaded the firmware files from Vestax
help.vestax.co.jp
then I connected the 300 to my Windows 7 laptop (I use a MBP normally with Serato Itch . I followed the instructions on the Vestax website and the firmware update was completed in only a couple of minutes. Follow up scratch testing was supremely satisfying. The VCI-300 MKII with CF-X2 GOES HARD!!! The more I look at the numerous Itch controllers the more I come back to the 300. It's combination of simplicity, portability, quality, and finesse in my opinion rules over all other Itch controllers.
Dj Ace 7:18 AM - 10 January, 2012
nice...I am going to do the firmware update on my buddies laptop tomorrow. To install the fader all i have to do is unscrew the bottom plate right?
Dj Ace 8:47 AM - 10 January, 2012
the new fader won't work at all till you update...right?
Dj Ace 8:48 AM - 10 January, 2012
i tried using it with my mac (without the firmware) and its useless...
Dj Ace 8:48 AM - 10 January, 2012
the new fader won't work at all till you update...right?
Solidsnake 9:00 AM - 10 January, 2012
right
Kepik 5:27 PM - 10 January, 2012
it won't work properly. There will be bleeding and won't be sharp.
Dj Ace 6:39 AM - 11 January, 2012
Just finished the fader feels NICE! Make the vci feel like a serious contender wow! This coming from a guy with a rane 68/57...
Solidsnake 7:31 AM - 11 January, 2012
I like the CF-X2 better than the magnetic rane, have both the PMC-05 PRO IV and VCI-300 with it in it. I'd say it is my favorite fader and easily the best down the line of ITCH controllers. The only "big" fader I have left to try is an Ecler Eternal fader, which from what I've read is close to the CF-X2
KangStarr 10:01 AM - 15 February, 2012
Does anyone know where I can buy the CF-X2 fader in the USA? I can't seem to find any place that sells it?
Dj Nyce 6:35 PM - 15 February, 2012
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can buy the CF-X2 fader in the USA? I can't seem to find any place that sells it?

turntable lab and amazon carries it, but it is out of stock everywhere.
Dj Fitty 3:19 AM - 11 April, 2012
Wonder why this is so hard to find, are they still making it?
Joe Jack 11:28 PM - 20 March, 2015
Does anyone have a copy of the firmware? Vestax is out of business and their website is down. I need the firmware for the VCI-300mkII and the CF-X2

Thanks!

Joe Jack
Dj Ace 7:05 AM - 26 March, 2015
I need the fader as well...
Joe Jack 4:20 PM - 26 March, 2015
Guys, the Vestax CF-X2 fader is available at JK Pro Audio but note it is no longer compatible for the VCI-300mkII. The drivers required for the CFX2 and the VCI-300mkII are no longer available.

This means the fader will only work in the VCI-380 and the PMC-05pro4 DJ Mixer. Here is the link for the fader:
www.jkproaudio.com