Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

FEATURE REQUEST - COLOR CODING OF CRATES

School of Evil 12:09 PM - 13 November, 2010
Is there any way to colour code the crates so you can arrange them by colour, similar to the colour coding on the tracks, but would apply to only the crate and possibly with a option to apply the colour to all tracks in the crate

the next cool trick would be to arrange your crates according to the label

thoughts?
Dj Ricky Redz 12:10 PM - 13 November, 2010
the color feature would be nice and also very useful!!
DJdaveZ 8:43 PM - 13 November, 2010
+1 good thinking
School of Evil 6:32 AM - 14 November, 2010
it just seems obvious
Musically Minded 3:12 PM - 16 November, 2010
Quote:
Is there any way to colour code the crates so you can arrange them by colour, similar to the colour coding on the tracks, but would apply to only the crate and possibly with a option to apply the colour to all tracks in the crate

thoughts?

+1
School of Evil 7:21 PM - 16 November, 2010
does anyone know if there are any plans to do this, i had heard that there was a discussion about it on SSL some time ago but it never got incorporated
School of Evil 12:41 PM - 21 November, 2010
interesring that no one seems to care about this feature, not even a comment from anyone on the development team.......hmmmm.

nice to see that post here are read.

i bet that if i was to compare itch or SSL to virtual dj it would ruffle some feathers,

without even mentioning that the crates in virtual dj are way easier to manage, and that every time to turn on the program that all the crates show up in the same order.

should i say that Vitrual DJ is 1/10 the price? and runs video AND that all itch controllers are mapped to Vitrual dj

i bet that will piss someone off enough to pay attention to color coding the crates

but im not one to start shit, i just like the developers to respond to feature requests

it makes it easier to know that someone actually reads these posts and cares about the end user instead of spending all their time developing SSL and leaving itch brushed aside like a farm team excuse for a program

it honestly feels like no one gives a shit about itch users and SSL is is the big brother who treats everyone like the asshole that he is

if SSL was the shit it would have a hardware controller, sync feature and many others

instead its a $1000 piece of hardware that requires $5000 worth of Dj gear to make it work properly and even then if you have all the toys if no one can see what you are playing on ITCH still kicks its ass

i started out by simply asking for a simple feature request, but now i see how much the developers care

thanks for your unprompted response,
kraal 5:19 PM - 21 November, 2010
Quote:
interesring that no one seems to care about this feature, not even a comment from anyone on the development team.......hmmmm.

thanks for your unprompted response,

the developers here do not comment on every post but they do read them. Don't get your feelings hurt about that. When the developers have something to say they will chime in
kraal 5:20 PM - 21 November, 2010
besides this post is barely a week old
School of Evil 7:30 AM - 22 November, 2010
regardless how old a post is its not hard and with the amount of time, money and effort invested in serato it takes very little time for a developer to reply
marcA 8:07 AM - 22 November, 2010
if a personal answer is what you're after, why don't you write an email to serato directly?
i did this already and got answered...

as a side note, if i was the serato manager i would not let my developers comment on postings all day long...
School of Evil 8:23 AM - 22 November, 2010
this was more of a test on my part to find out if they would answer or comment,

if i had a real problem that needed to be fixed asap i would totaly do that
i would even go further and call,

dont get me wrong, i love the program and i use it eery day and i even tour with it and i find it way more stable than any other product that is out there.

i just want to know if anyone is listening when i speak up or suggest something
marcA 11:01 AM - 22 November, 2010
not to be rude but you can't rely on the fact that serato comments on every posting here...
but your post is properly formatted, it clearly says feature request so i'm sure it will be read
but i guess the more +1 replies the sooner serato will chime in..
so don't give up hope :)
DJdaveZ 5:13 PM - 22 November, 2010
the help request section gets attention from all forum moderators... they HAVE to keep up on those... as far as the general discussion forum... its not that important. lol. maybe we should petition for a feature request section?!
marcA 6:22 PM - 22 November, 2010
that would be the best solution but even then there is no warranty on commenting on the features....
let's face it, if you want something and they answer straight away that it won't make it into Itch, one would be very disappointed at first sight...
Dj Ricky Redz 12:13 AM - 24 November, 2010
+1 to feature request section!!!! would make it easier for the dev team to see whats really needed.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:56 AM - 24 November, 2010
I was just trying to sell this feature request myself. I would love colored crates! I will keep hassling ;)
DJdaveZ 3:46 AM - 24 November, 2010
thanks logan for the response. how about a feature request section? :)
dj ask 7:30 PM - 28 November, 2010
I always gotta watch over u kids. ;) LOL! Of course I'm kidding but anyways.,

want folder coloring now?

www.snapfiles.com

the only thing is that I know for sure VDJ displays the color of folders, but IDK about itch... yet..
cnewton 6:33 PM - 4 December, 2010
I started writing up a discussion (feature request) for this, just before i submitted, i thought i would do a quick search to make sure im not double posting... and here i am, requesting exactly this!!

many times (especially after a few beers) im trying to find a crate, and wish i could just make a certain few (main ones) a different colour. especially when ur in a rush to find it!!

great suggesting OP! this must be done!!
swaggadagga 8:31 PM - 21 March, 2011
Any news on this feature? Color crates makes a lot of sense especially to us dancehall dj's who have to be quick as lightning
Dj Ricky Redz 1:20 PM - 23 March, 2011
+100
Skyvo 3:46 AM - 3 June, 2011
+1
This would be very helpful!!!
revancheX 5:49 AM - 3 June, 2011
Reminds me of the only actual useful feature added to Microsoft Outlook in the last 6 years. Great idea!
Dj Delta-Vita 10:25 AM - 3 June, 2011
+1
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 1:59 PM - 3 June, 2011
+1
Ragman 3:22 PM - 3 June, 2011
+1
DJ Boom Bap 3:39 PM - 4 June, 2011
+1
cnewton 7:45 PM - 4 June, 2011
all we need now is someone from serato to acknowledge this request....
kraal 8:01 PM - 4 June, 2011
Quote:
all we need now is someone from serato to acknowledge this request....

the fact it was posted -- forum mods have stated it is read and they watch responses they just dont have the time to respond to every thread
monkeyfunk 4:25 PM - 24 July, 2012
This +1
DJ Muenchen 5:05 PM - 5 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

thoughts?

+1
dj lashes 4:59 AM - 6 February, 2013
Great idea Serato what you waiting for???
DJ Tapout 9:05 PM - 19 April, 2013
+11111111111
Big Pops 7:22 PM - 20 April, 2013
+100 Good Idea
swaggadagga 2:42 AM - 21 April, 2013
come on serato get it done!
hamplifier 8:35 PM - 21 April, 2013
i doubt they will do this for itch since itch is no longer getting any upgrades
Maskrider 8:30 AM - 24 April, 2013
Probably on Serato Dj...
Dudley D 8:02 PM - 14 November, 2014
Im bringing this back to life! I think it would be a super dope. I remember knowing what different records were in what crates when spinning real vinyl back in the day. Same theory would apply for this.

Lets get on it Serato!

Thanks!
DJ $7 Haircut 3:52 AM - 8 March, 2018
+1 Colored crates are an excellent idea and would be very helpful.
musiclee 12:31 PM - 8 March, 2018
I would color my “Explicit” Crates in RED
raedonquan 4:06 PM - 8 March, 2018
colored crates so how would you know the difference between tiffany blue and aqua

or magenta or hot pink...

this would be a hot mess if you are one of those folks who have 300 folders and 200 sub folder and 500 sub sub folders
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:46 PM - 8 March, 2018
Hot Pink crate for the girlie songs

+1