ITCH General Discussion

Talk about Serato ITCH software and controllers.
If you require help for your ITCH system please create a help request.

Transfer from PC to MacBook Pro, transfer help!

jaywoodz 1:05 PM - 3 November, 2010
I've been DJing for a while now with a PC, and I am FINALLY making the switch to MAC. Over the past year, I've set CUE points, and customized ALL kinds of settings on my PC.. the big question is.. 'is there anyway possible to transfer my settings, cue points, etc onto my MAC' ? I understand that the PC and MAC are two different entities, but I was hoping that ITCH has a file extension that both the PC and MAC recognize, and it would be a simple transfer from one folder on my PC to one folder on my MAC, power up, and rock it. I know that computers are never that simple, but I'm crossing my fingers here. Has anyone done it? If so, was it as painful as you thought it was? If it's not possible, would I just transfer music, and start over from scratch? Thanks much in advance!
kdean101 7:09 PM - 3 November, 2010
what i did was copied my whole library to and external HD even my serato library
folder from my PC. Then just moved them over to my Mac... pretty easy.
this might help

www.serato.com

good luck!
DJdaveZ 9:21 PM - 3 November, 2010
yeah its not that simple as copying the stuff over. no matter which media storage device you move a library to/from you still have to go through the "relocated lost files" step. that takes some time.

definitely check out that guide that kdean posted. It's got all the info you need.
kdean101 10:18 PM - 3 November, 2010
I didnt have that problem... all i had to do was follow the instructions and my serato librarby with the crates and stuff. it came pretty easy for me.
DJdaveZ 6:15 AM - 4 November, 2010
yes relocate lost files is step 5 so, you did it anyway.
jaywoodz 3:52 AM - 8 November, 2010
I did all that, and now my cue points are gone, and none of them are highlighted.. For instance, if I had 'played' that song before, it's not highlighted.

Also, I had to re-analyze for files again.. kind of a pain in the ass.. did I not do something right?
kdean101 5:52 AM - 8 November, 2010
Your serato library folder should come over from ur pc also. That folder holds ur cue points and crate info.
jaywoodz 5:14 PM - 8 November, 2010
okay, the crate info was copied over.. but do you know when you play a track, it gets highlighted? none of those transferred over.
kdean101 6:54 PM - 8 November, 2010
YOur history isnt gonna carry over. you have to start a new history. I usually reset the yellow each night before a set.
jaywoodz 9:31 PM - 8 November, 2010
oh okay, I didn't know that. I haven't set up my NS7 yet to try out my MAC, but I might try that tonight.. I guess the CUE points will only show up when you have the NS7 plugged in and hooked up?
DJdaveZ 9:57 PM - 8 November, 2010
your cue points should be visible in offline mode. and the cues are stored within the mp3.. so i dont know HOW you lost that... are you SURE that the particular track youre looking at is the same one you were used to looking at with cues set..?
kdean101 10:21 PM - 8 November, 2010
He is correct you should still have your cue points.
DJdaveZ 10:41 PM - 8 November, 2010
yeah, i dont think there is anything you can do to eliminate the cue points... unless you copied the library from an older version of your library (an old hard drive, that hasnt been duplicated from the library you had been using with serato)
jaywoodz 12:57 AM - 9 November, 2010
that's strange, I'll check it out tonight when I get home and get back on here.

On a serious note, I really appreciate all the responses, it has been pretty painless doing this move.
DJdaveZ 8:51 AM - 9 November, 2010
i did it three times in one day once... :( took alllll day... was slow but worked fine... just jumping around hard drives... swapped out the internal drive on my pc laptop with a larger one and put that one in my mac laptop, and did a backup external drive too...