Numark Hardware Help

Need help with a Numark product? Ask here.

audio drop out

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7
Computer
Mac
OS
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard
Platform
-
big80555 4:08 PM - 1 November, 2010
Product: itch
Version: 1.7
Hardware: numark-ns7
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

Hi,
i've had my ns7 for almost a year and it has been working fine. Lately i'll be playing and somewhere within the the first 15mins but up to an hour the ns7 lights will blink on and off and the audio drops out and come back in. the waveform bars go from vertical to horizontal and the ns7 itself freezes up completely. The song will continue playing however the hardware is locked up and requires a full power off as well as but not all the time a software reboot. sometimes i can just power off and then on the ns7 quickly and itch will just pick up again. The only major change that has happened recently is i've moved to another house. Could it be a power issue in the house? Help me I need this as I have gigs booked this weekend!!
Thanks
Alex
big80555 4:11 PM - 1 November, 2010
also i have none of the programs in the known issues page and am running with 4gb RAM
Trumbot 6:01 PM - 1 November, 2010
Alex,

I had a hardware lock-up problem happening to me at a gig in Vegas and solved it when I realized one of the vents was being blocked. Once I cleared the path to the vents it stopped locking up. It seems silly to suggest it, but it took me a while of testing and freaking out to solve.
sbangs 1:08 PM - 3 November, 2010
Quote:
Hi,
i've had my ns7 for almost a year and it has been working fine. Lately i'll be playing and somewhere within the the first 15mins but up to an hour the ns7 lights will blink on and off and the audio drops out and come back in. the waveform bars go from vertical to horizontal and the ns7 itself freezes up completely. The song will continue playing however the hardware is locked up and requires a full power off as well as but not all the time a software reboot. sometimes i can just power off and then on the ns7 quickly and itch will just pick up again. The only major change that has happened recently is i've moved to another house. Could it be a power issue in the house? Help me I need this as I have gigs booked this weekend!!
Thanks
Alex

Please check that the unit is getting proper ventilation and you are using conditioned power.
big80555 5:11 PM - 3 November, 2010
thanks you guys....got a power conditioner and just played for a couple hours with no freeze ups! Much appreciated!!
sbangs 12:50 PM - 4 November, 2010
Quote:
thanks you guys....got a power conditioner and just played for a couple hours with no freeze ups! Much appreciated!!

Cool happy mixing
7:00 AM, 19 Nov 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.