Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

click on a track shows in whitch crates it is

Rehab 5:47 PM - 30 October, 2010
I like to have a little feauture that helps a lot to handle with dublicates and organising library:

If i click and hold a track with the mouse, i want to see in which different crates the track is. The crates on the left side have to change color or blinking.

So i can search in All... for the dublicates and with clicking on them i see in which crate they are. Then choose one and insert it in all crates where also the dublicates are used. At the end i can delete the dublicate and have still the song in the crates.

Another advantage is that i easily can see if a track is already properly classified in all crates it needs to.
Res-Q 1:48 AM - 24 November, 2010
+100000000000000
perry07 11:48 PM - 24 November, 2010
i had a similar idea :) 1+
Henry GQ 4:48 AM - 8 December, 2010
+1 billion
americanboy 12:06 AM - 27 January, 2011
One of the best ideas i've ever heard... ....that will help me a lot organizing my library.

Please Serato, make it happen.
Res-Q 6:15 PM - 2 February, 2011
Cant believe no one else is down with this feature
AKIEM 6:55 PM - 2 February, 2011
there are a couple different threads supporting
+1

I think it is essential
pueblofunky 7:48 AM - 6 February, 2011
+1 but ... also:

1) a column "crate path" could be added to the library which shows the crates - separated by ", " or ";" or "|". e.g. "House/2011; House/New". Entries should be sorted alphabetically.

2) additionally a column "In Nr. of crates" ... which shows the number of crates. So you could easy sort by number and have the required tracks in one order.

1) + 2) may not be used for "smart crates" (because you can not modify a "smart crate" without modifying the rule - so this information does not help) and depending on the cross-reference logic in SSL it may result in big CPU time.
americanboy 10:50 AM - 9 February, 2011
PUSH... ...i really need this feature in the next ssl version....
Res-Q 2:58 PM - 9 February, 2011
let's go!!!!
eladron 12:31 PM - 11 February, 2011
good one
djchrischip 9:12 PM - 11 February, 2011
+100000
argalias 2:05 PM - 13 February, 2011
perfect
dj pesh 2:14 AM - 14 February, 2011
+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:27 AM - 14 February, 2011
+1
djchrischip 10:36 PM - 14 February, 2011
+1000000 again
americanboy 8:07 AM - 15 February, 2011
compared to other SSL changes, it needs just a little effort to get this feauture.... and it will have a big effect for library management....
the users will love it....
Rehab 7:16 AM - 17 February, 2011
That will be the only reason to update my 1.9 to an actual SSL version....
pueblofunky 2:45 PM - 17 February, 2011
But for a nice "crate" management I highly recommend the "smart crates"!

Example:

In track "A" write into "grouping" the value "HSEL" - e.g. a unique crate short cut/key for "House Electro". Also write "2011" into "year".
In track "B" write into "grouping" the value "HSGA" - e.g. a unique crate short cut/key for "House Garage". Also write "2011" into "year".

Create a "smart crate" "House Electro" and select "add rule" - select "grouping" / "contains" / "HSEL". + SAVE
Create a "smart crate" "House Garage" and select "add rule" - select "grouping" / "contains" / "HSGA". + SAVE
Create a "smart crate" "House 2011" and select "add rule" - select "grouping" / "contains" / "HS" and "add rule" - select "year" / "is" / "2011" + SAVE

Now you have 3 smart crates - dynamically updated in real-time (add e.g. a new track!).

Update e.g. track "A" and replace the "grouping" by "HSEL, HSGA" (e.g. the track could be there and there).

Look into smart crate "House Garage" - now has track "A" and "B".

And the big feature (but don't really do it now!) of the above smart crates:

When you have to delete all your tracks from the library (ALT + DELETE in crate "all") and then exit: Ooops - all your crates are lost - and after a re-import you have to manually move them into the crates again (all!).

Not with smart crates! The info about the "crate" is in the "grouping" column - "smart crates" are also not deleted. Re-Import all your tracks - and the tracks are in their (smart) crate.

You can also tag your tracks with another software (like MP3TAG or Tag&Rename) - reimport/rescan the tracks - and the real-time feature of smart crates works!

However - you can also copy & paste the tracks in the smart crate into a normal crate of course.

Regards.
Res-Q 7:22 PM - 23 May, 2011
Let's join forces and up this request on the oldest thread here:
serato.com
pueblofunky 6:33 AM - 24 May, 2011
With my reply above you can do all as the top request. Just add a "short cut" for your crate into the GROUPING column and create smart crates where you select the GROUPING column contains the short cut. If you have an empty GROUPING column then you don't have it in a crate.

When you do this on your home PC you have to manually copy the smart crates directory to your DJ-Laptop.

Before djing I recommend to copy & paste all tracks from a smart crate to a normal crate for performance reasons (happend with me from SSL 2.0 to 2.2 and 15.000 WAV files).
Res-Q 2:40 PM - 24 May, 2011
Nothing against smartcrates pueblo, we know about them.
That's not what this request is about.
Dj Wunder 9:11 AM - 11 July, 2011
Bump bumpity bump bump +1 +1 +1

I am ALWAYS organizing and thinning out my library, deleting duplicates and other garbage. As it is right now, I'm probably removing tracks from important crates but I have no way of knowing unless I individually inspect each crate (not gonna happen).
[O/][iii][O/] 8:10 PM - 13 July, 2011
+1. Would definitely use this feature.

BTW, Hasn't this been suggested several times before?
Rehab 8:39 AM - 21 September, 2011
Nowadays you have also few remixes of a new song. After a while you just need one of two of them... So this feature is perfect to delete the unused in your Playlists/Crates.

Please Serato, make it happen. It will be one of the most used features if you take it to your next SSL vesion. There will be a lot of happy DJs.
Devilboy4u247 10:06 PM - 23 September, 2011
+1
yea in the beginning when I first got Serato I knew where everything was but now about 6 years later and like 300,000 songs later I have no idea which crate some songs are in anymore and have to constantly use the search all the time. This would be great to find which crate some of those songs are in.
AKIEM 11:02 PM - 23 September, 2011
Essential
[O/][iii][O/] 11:57 PM - 23 September, 2011
Quote:
Essential

QFT
djPhysicist 1:13 AM - 27 September, 2011
+1
queso 6:37 AM - 27 September, 2011
love the sound of this
psalmon 6:01 PM - 27 September, 2011
+!
Dj Wunder 5:47 AM - 2 October, 2011
Anybody been around here lately? No? Ok, uhm, BUMP
BMorgan 1:52 PM - 2 October, 2011
I've been missing this feature for years now, good to see I'm not alone, because maybe then Serato will (hopefully) make it happen!!!

so, + 1
americanboy 10:51 PM - 16 October, 2011
i'm waiting now over a year for this feature. and every new version i'm hoping they implement it.
Res-Q 2:56 AM - 17 October, 2011
so am i, lets keep this thread alive!
R-A-C 9:32 AM - 17 October, 2011
Quote:
+1
I think it is essential

basic and useful feature. sure thing.
same goes for ITCH of course :-)
Rehab 10:07 PM - 1 December, 2011
I just had a few more ideas for the library management:

1. a automatic crate in which are all songs who are in no crate.
--> if i add new songs i can easily find them and put them into a crate, or i can delete songs from crates and if they are deleted from every crate i find them in this "no crate" crate. check them and delete them or move in another crate.

2. a new column, where i can see in how many crates a song is!

cheers & i hope we get all of this features with the next SSL!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:13 PM - 1 December, 2011
Ditch the crate theroy and stick to folders........I have my music sorted in folders anyways. Keep the smart crates as those.can be useful but all this importing just sucks!!
AKIEM 10:21 PM - 1 December, 2011
Labels ftw
dj pesh 2:36 AM - 2 December, 2011
+1
Serato
Glenn M 4:02 AM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
If i click and hold a track with the mouse, i want to see in which different crates the track is. The crates on the left side have to change color or blinking.

That sounds interesting. I'll add this to the list being accumulated here: serato.com
Res-Q 4:54 AM - 27 December, 2011
yes!!!!!!!!
Res-Q 4:57 AM - 27 December, 2011
if u need an idea on how to do this Glenn:

-when highlighting a song in the playlist area (no matter in which crate, or even also in the All crate)
-All the crates/subcrates containing this song should highlight (red, green, blue, grey... whatever)
Serato
Glenn M 6:04 AM - 27 December, 2011
There will be an issue when people have 900 crates, like DJ Quartz : )

If the crate is collapsed, and it's a child crate that has the track, should the crate hierarchy expand or should that parent crate just highlight?
AKIEM 6:54 AM - 27 December, 2011
automatically expanding seems like a bit much. I dont think it would be too much trouble to just manually open them.

This one is essential imo
Dj Wunder 8:39 AM - 27 December, 2011
Quote:
There will be an issue when people have 900 crates, like DJ Quartz : )

If the crate is collapsed, and it's a child crate that has the track, should the crate hierarchy expand or should that parent crate just highlight?

Definitely no on the auto-expand. If the track is in a subcrate, and not the parent crate, the parent crate could be highlighted grey, while the crate that ACTUALLY holds the track is highlighted in Serato Orange
Rehab 5:33 PM - 30 January, 2012
I'm happy to see an 'Serato-Official' pays attention on this topic.
Res-Q 7:32 PM - 30 January, 2012
so am I.
i agree with the idea of Wunder, dont really care about the colour
djchrischip 4:42 AM - 1 February, 2012
-> serato.com <-
deepdjdanny 12:45 PM - 18 February, 2012
+1
Timp 9:44 AM - 20 February, 2012
AGREE!!!!
something like that but prettier of course :
i272.photobucket.com
i272.photobucket.com

appreciate too, "undo command" for the library, I still make a mistake today! I know we can protect it but I was still sort of tracks when I delete a crate by inadvertently...
americanboy 6:39 PM - 15 January, 2013
Still need this feature... c'mon Serato, we are asking since years...
it's very basic and easy to add it to SSL
Carboni 3:18 AM - 22 May, 2013
We need this feature ASAP!!!
TRIBALTECHNO 9:23 AM - 23 May, 2013
+1 on this, they have this feature in traktor and comes in very handy :)
musiclee 12:38 PM - 23 May, 2013
Love idea

Cluck hold on a track
After 3 seconds , the crate starts to slowly blink/glow
If subcrates are open they blink too
No auto expand
Dj D.ONE 6:11 AM - 24 May, 2013
+1
BERTO 1:09 PM - 26 May, 2013
This i could use +1 click track it highlights all crates and subcrates its in
TonyOn 4:26 AM - 8 January, 2016
YES!!