Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

shows hardware disconnected on computer

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
iramOj 6:09 PM - 15 October, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.1.1
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: pc
OS Version: win732
---

i downloaded the 2.1.1 version and couldn't get the hardware connected with the computer's system with the message: 'hardware disconnected'
iramOj 6:10 PM - 15 October, 2010
im using a sony vaio intel i-core 3 4 G RAM, 500 G HD
Rane, Support
Chad S. 7:21 PM - 15 October, 2010
The i series processor could be the issue. PLease check these postings we have made.
serato.com

serato.com

but you can always try the steps below.
First try to manually install the driver -

Connect the box to the computer
Start
Computer
Local Disk C:
Program Files (If using 32bit OS)
Program Files x86 (If using 64bit OS)
Serato
Driver_updater32 - Double click this, try on all available ports. (If using 32bit OS)
Driver_updater64 - Double click this, try on all available ports. (If using 64bit OS)

If no luck there, try this -
Start (lower left hand corner of desktop)
right click on "Computer"
Manage
Device Manager
Universal Serial Bus Controllers
You should see "Rane Sl-1 or Rane Serato Sl-3" right click that.
(Sometimes you will see "unknown device". You can determine if that is the Scratch Live unit by unpluggin the unit and seeing if the "unknown device" disappears from the window)
Choose "Uninstall" BUT you also need to put a check mark in the empty box that says "delete the driver software for this device"
Then click OK.

Unplug the Scratch Live hardware, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Go through the regular method to manually install the driver and BINGO.

If none of the above steps work, what kind of processor is in the machine? If you are using the SL-1 or TTM57 and the computer has an i series processor, there are known issues and they will not work together at this time.