DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

How to make continuous Mix!!

DJ M.o.E 8:04 PM - 15 March, 2007
Hi All,

it's like this....U make ur own continuous mix...& then u go to break it into separate tracks...so when or b4 u put it on CD how do u establish no delay between tracks...so when u go to listen to final product (CD) & it goes from track 1 to track 2 (for example)with no delay.....

Thanx in advance....
s42000 8:33 PM - 15 March, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------->
djmetaphysics 9:06 PM - 15 March, 2007
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------->

Dudley D 9:06 PM - 15 March, 2007
burn it without any time inbetween tracks.....
look in your pref.
Dudley D 9:06 PM - 15 March, 2007
duh.

(sorry had to throw it in)
DJ CRANK 9:30 PM - 15 March, 2007
Quote:
Hi All,

it's like this....U make ur own continuous mix...& then u go to break it into separate tracks...so when or b4 u put it on CD how do u establish no delay between tracks...so when u go to listen to final product (CD) & it goes from track 1 to track 2 (for example)with no delay.....

Thanx in advance....

I record all my mixes in adobe audition 1.5, I make the entire mix, then mix it down and then add the tracks later, where ever I want to add them. I then name the tracks so that it shows on some of the newer car radios. There is another program that I used to use Music Studio, bought it from Best Buy $29, works pretty good but only has 2 Tracks.
DJ-A 9:31 PM - 15 March, 2007
it depends on the software you're using... as it says above check your preferances. in some cases as you progress through the sequence of screens one of them will have an option for that. typically i have seen 1 sec 2 sec or no gap... good luck!
DJ Unique 6:36 AM - 16 March, 2007
DJ M.o.E.

Record your mix continuous mix to your computer as WAVE file.
If you record into CD, rip that CD as a continous WAVE file.

You can use Sony's CD Architect to assign track start/end locations. Then from within that same program you can record your CD with these new tracks.

www.sonymediasoftware.com
DJ-A 2:19 PM - 16 March, 2007
i have a g4 ibook, will any of the programs that people have mentioned cause to much of a load on it? i have a fear of running 2 programs and having a prob with the song playing smoothly
Izzy 2:43 PM - 16 March, 2007
Quote:
it goes from track 1 to track 2 (for example)with no delay.....

FYI, Some CD players will preduce a gap no matter what you do... if you've tracked your mix and are getting a gap between tracks, play it on another CD player to confirm that you've split it correctly.
DJ Lil Vito 3:03 PM - 16 March, 2007
Take the final mixdown from audition into Nero, it burns MUCH faster and better than Audition's built in burner. In Nero you can insert markers where you want the tracks to begin. Before you burn you can select pause time between tracks... first track (before track one) is two seconds by default... leave zero seconds for the rest of the CD and burn away. Works like a charm. Just remember... don't insert cue markers in Audition since Nero won't read them and you'd be wasting your time - just use the raw mixdown.
DJ M.o.E 4:06 PM - 16 March, 2007
I appreciate all the input

thanx fellas
m0nster 4:37 PM - 16 March, 2007
if you want to use all free applications i posted this up...

scratchlive.net
djmetaphysics 7:44 PM - 16 March, 2007
theres no way you will be able to run serato and the recording program @ the same time on an ibook g4 1.42 ghz processor. period. did you ever check your system activity when you run serato? Its like 80-90%. As for no pause mix with multiple tracks. Toast with jam.
DJ-A 9:36 PM - 16 March, 2007
i'm a little new with MAC's... still learning the system.