Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Question regarding V7 FX

plben 4:17 PM - 5 September, 2010
Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible to use "Post-Fx" with 2 V7.

For example..
A track is playing on the V7 "A".
I activate ECHO on V7 "A".
I move to crossfader all the way to the V7 "B".
Then will the ECHO of V7 "A" still be there until it fades out..?

The only way it would work is if the effects are going out through both DECK A and DECK B outputs, no matter what deck the effect comes from.

Not sure if thats clear enough..

Thanks
plben
KLH 8:09 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:

Nope. Think of the V7's effects as a CDJ's effects and you'll understand how they work.

-KLH
kraal 9:56 PM - 5 September, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Nope. Think of the V7's effects as a CDJ's effects and you'll understand how they work.

-KLH

not if they never used a cdj

just consider the fact that the effects are in the software since your mixer is no communicating with the software it cannot use effects
KLH 10:04 PM - 5 September, 2010
That's confusing, but correct, kraal. Another way of saying it is that the V7's effects a only on a deck, not the main mix. As such, the deck must be "listened to" on the crossfader to hear effects.

-KLH

-KLH
plben 3:35 AM - 6 September, 2010
Yea that's what I thought. I understand
Just wasn't sure, because as I said, if the effects were all going out through both Deck A and Deck B output, the post-effect would occur. I think that would've been a great thing/feature.

And about the NSFX..?
In the same case would ECHO of Deck "A" still be there until it fades out..?

Thanks
plben
KLH 3:39 AM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
And about the NSFX..? In the same case would ECHO of Deck "A" still be there until it fades out..?

The NSFX can have effects on both decks OR the main output BECAUSE the entire path until the final output is within ITCH... which isn't the case with the V7.

I do echos on the NSFX between both decks all the time. FWIW, the VFX-1 also can do this. I love it.

-KLH
Serato
Zeb 4:26 AM - 6 September, 2010
Quote:
Yea that's what I thought. I understand
Just wasn't sure, because as I said, if the effects were all going out through both Deck A and Deck B output, the post-effect would occur. I think that would've been a great thing/feature.

And about the NSFX..?
In the same case would ECHO of Deck "A" still be there until it fades out..?

Thanks
plben

The ECHO & REVERB are the only post fader effects in the current line up of ITCH effects. They're only prefader for the V7 because the V7 doesn't have a mixer built in.
plben 7:55 PM - 6 September, 2010
Thank you.
Nevson 5:24 PM - 23 June, 2014
The ECHO & REVERB are the only post fader effects in the current line up of ITCH effects. They're only prefader for the V7 because the V7 doesn't have a mixer built in.

I see this is how it works, but I'm shure for the cross fader not the line fader we could get that post fader efx like what the original poster suggested.

I know this is a old thread and I would really like to see it implemented in Serato DJ which is what I'm using now.

In the Feature suggestion I started a post called V7 post fader efx/hold button.