Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

serato itch sync project - the ease of library management

Roman Alekseenkov 12:57 AM - 26 August, 2010
I have started using ITCH and Allen & Heath Xone:DX (after switching from ScratchLive, Technics 1210mk2 and Pioneer DJM-600) and immediately started feeling the complexity behind library management and crates. ITCH by no means is different from the ScratchLive, so it's all the same problems. Finally, I decided to address them once and for all (for myself, may be not for everyone).

For those who use smart crates or iTunes for library "organization" it's less than an issue. But as for me - I'm an old-school guy and like to keep everything under control, know exactly in which directories my music is located, and distribute new releases into the right places on my disk. With Serato it's always been a problem - it doesn't really support "sync" with the file system, so you have to create the initial crate structure manually. And even worse, if you put new media files into the existing directories, Serato will not sync with crates and there is no even an option to force the sync AFAIK.

The issue was discussed multiple times on the forum, and I also saw the "scratch tools" project. It doesn't really support ITCH, so I decided to come up with a simple, easy to use, 1-click solution for ITCH that allows to mirror your file/directory structure in ITCH as you go forward.

I have uploaded the results to code.google.com, project called "serato-itch-sync".

Please feel free to try, it should be pretty straightforward. For me it's going to become a tool that I will use pretty much all the time.

Would appreciate any feedback - positive, negative, comments on the ease of use, bug reporting (via google code "issues" tab), etc.

Please keep in mind that it's the very first release, so they might be some issues. Complete backup of your Serato library is strongly recommended.

Thanks,
Roman
kraal 1:46 AM - 26 August, 2010
interesting... i may try this
selectah grimes 5:10 PM - 26 August, 2010
will this also show up in scratch live, I use both itch and scratch.
Roman Alekseenkov 5:30 AM - 27 August, 2010
Have just downloaded and tested on the latest 2.1.0 (21057) and it seems to work fine!
rorz007 2:31 PM - 27 August, 2010
WOW!!!!

This looks ACE!! I will be trying this out for sure!

Will it update my ITCH lib as i add tunes to my lib in windows etc?

Great work!!

Rorz
Roman Alekseenkov 7:22 PM - 27 August, 2010
Rorz - thanks!

Once you run the tool, it actually performs a complete scan of your music collection and replicates the directory/file structure into ITCH (and ScratchLive). So if you add tunes to your music library, you have to run the tool once again and it will replicate your library in Serato.

Let me know if you run into any issues. I would be interested to hear some feedback from early adopters running Windows as well as Mac OS.
selectah grimes 5:05 AM - 28 August, 2010
i am a complete novice when it comes to macs can you help me out with this a bit. I need a bit more clarification:
how do I
1.make a directory?
2.create the file with settings called "itch-sync.properties"
3. and what do I use to create the line items you list after this? textedit thing or a sticky?

sorry complete rookie, I know, I know
Roman Alekseenkov 3:02 PM - 29 August, 2010
1. Open "Finder" -> Right click where you want to create a directory -> New folder
2, 3. Open "Text Edit", go to "Format" select "Main plan text", then paste and edit contents of the file, then "File" -> "Save as", navigate to the directory and save as "itch-sync.properties"
nik39 5:46 PM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
The issue was discussed multiple times on the forum, and I also saw the "scratch tools" project. It doesn't really support ITCH,

Why is that?
Roman Alekseenkov 6:01 PM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
Why is that?

Have no idea, scratch tools didn't work for me. And it was last updated in 2008, or so?...
nik39 6:26 PM - 29 August, 2010
You could have posted about it.

Many Itch owners are using ScratchTools, and that also includes myself ;)
nik39 6:27 PM - 29 August, 2010
Oh, and it was updated 2009.
Roman Alekseenkov 6:29 PM - 29 August, 2010
Come up, don't be offensive! I just posted the tool that I wrote, and I am hoping some people will find it useful! )
nik39 6:35 PM - 29 August, 2010
Uhmm... Where was I offensive?
kraal 6:40 PM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
I just posted the tool that I wrote, and I am hoping some people will find it useful! )

exactly
nik39 7:16 PM - 29 August, 2010
Nothing wrong with it. Anything which helps making Itch+SL using easier is good for us users!

I just commented on the statement that ScratchTools does not work with Itch, because as said, many ScratchTools users also use Itch. If anyone has any issues, I can only fix it if the user posts about the issues. That's why I said "you could have posted about it" - I don't see any offensiveness in this statement.
Roman Alekseenkov 7:20 PM - 29 August, 2010
ahhh, you develop scratch tools! I caught this in your intonation I think )
nik39 7:30 PM - 29 August, 2010
Aaaaaanyway, before we all get our panties in a bunch... I didn't mean to offend you. :)

It's also good to see some nice and clean code - so thank you for sharing the code on google :)
czar 9:43 PM - 29 August, 2010
maybe u guys can work together
Roman Alekseenkov 9:19 AM - 30 August, 2010
nik39 - np, always glad to share :)

and yes, I think I was wrong on the fact that scratch tools doesn't work with ITCH.

probably I just had some issue. but I tried different CLI options and the tool was always failing with different exceptions, like:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at ssl_crates.K.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ssl_crates.C.L(Unknown Source)
at ssl_crates.C.A(Unknown Source)
at ssl_crates.foo.A(Unknown Source)
at ssl_crates.foo.main(Unknown Source)

I looked at the front page scratchtools.de, and found the last post from 06/07/2008, so I made a wrong conclusion that the tool is not being supported and decided to write my own.

So, now you know the full story :) And yes, we could definitely work together, I don't really mind.
I1Kirm 3:53 PM - 2 September, 2010
I'm a big fan of scratchtools and use them constantly with ITCH. They do have some minor problems such as not preserving crate order under certain conditions but overall work extremely well.
Now, I want to try your tool but there is an possible issue holding me back. In your website you mention
Quote:
f some of the crates already exist, they will be overwritten (which is a good thing, as you can rely the tool and avoid any manual sync actions)[\quote]
Does this means that I also lose track related properties such as "date added" and play history?
If that is the case this is a show-stopper for me as I frequently sort my tracks be "date added". Also, I use the history to remember mixes that worked really well.
I1Kirm 3:54 PM - 2 September, 2010
I'm a big fan of scratchtools and use them constantly with ITCH. They do have some minor problems such as not preserving crate order under certain conditions but overall work extremely well.
Now, I want to try your tool but there is an possible issue holding me back. In your website you mention
Quote:

If some of the crates already exist, they will be overwritten (which is a good thing, as you can rely the tool and avoid any manual sync actions)

Does this means that I also lose track related properties such as "date added" and play history?
If that is the case this is a show-stopper for me as I frequently sort my tracks be "date added". Also, I use the history to remember mixes that worked really well.

PS: Sorry for the double post but I messed the quote tags in the first one
DJdaveZ 5:00 PM - 2 September, 2010
zaguama 6:27 PM - 2 September, 2010
Roman Alekseekov: First of all great initiative, a lot of people have been waiting for a simple and basic tool that just does this. I created a test folder to start working on this but got some interesting results.

- The tool did say that it was able to import all the tracks and crates, however they all came up as missing files in red like you will see on the screenshot below.

tinypic.com

- Another thing i noticed is that if you have a parent folder with some tracks on them lets say "Folder1" containing "Track01,Track02" and you have a sub folder within "Folder1" called "Folder" containing "Track03,Track04" when you run the tool it will put everything contained on all the subfolders of "Folder1" in there as well (kinda like the behavior when you have the option checked to "Show All Subcrate Tracks")
zaguama 6:30 PM - 2 September, 2010
Of course if you drop your main folder into the "Relocate Lost Files" button it will find the files, just not sure if it should be done like this.
Roman Alekseenkov 9:32 PM - 2 September, 2010
I1Kirm - I looked into this quickly and it seems that serato stores "date added" and play history in its database, but not in the crate/subcrate files. So, every time you add a new file (or, the sync utility adds a new file), serato when launched will store the "date added" for this particular file in its database.

The tool overwrites only crate files, and they contain only the list of the tracks and the list of columns to display (artist name, song name, length, etc). I *think* you should be safe. If you want to try it, I would suggest the following:
- make a full copy of your serato DB
- delete all crates using CMD+Delete, delete all tracks from "All" using CMD+Delete
- close serato, run itch sync, run serato
- if it doesn't work for some reason, just kill the DB and restore from the backup... and file a bug of course!

Roman
Roman Alekseenkov 9:36 PM - 2 September, 2010
zaguama - yes, #1 looks like a bug, thank you for reporting! Let's continue in the google issue tracker. I just need a little bit more info from you, but it should be straightforward to nail it down.

#2 - yes, currently it's a default behavior. Need to make this either configurable, or dependent on the setting chosen in serato which controls this behavior (whether to include subcrate tracks or not).
luckee_d 12:07 AM - 3 September, 2010
Why doesn't Serato simplify the library organization and process????
zaguama 3:52 AM - 3 September, 2010
dont know, but this same question has been asked for several years and hasnt changed so dont think it will in the near future :). Meanwhile Roman Alekseenkov's tool seems that is going to be very helpful.
Roman Alekseenkov 12:29 PM - 4 September, 2010
hey zaguama,

I am cautiously optimistic that I resolved most of the issues, they seem to be Windows-specific.

I have just posted v. 0.1.1:
* added support for .ogg, .aac, .alac, .aif, .wav
* fixed a bug when tracks were showing up as missing after import on Windows version of Serato
* fixed a bug when itch-sync was forcing "include subcrate tracks" behavior on Windows version of Serato

Also, I clarified on the main project page how you should specify paths to the libraries on Windows machine (you have to either use "\\" or "/").

I am pretty sure Windows users might find more issues as my main platform is Mac, but let's see how that goes.

Please let me know If still can to reproduce some of these.

Thanks,
Roman
zaguama 3:11 PM - 4 September, 2010
awesome, will test it some more and let you know the results.
zaguama 3:56 PM - 4 September, 2010
Hey Roman, i just ran it through my entire collection on my external hard drive and it worked perfectly, i even threw some AAC files and WAV at random folders and picked them up just fine.

For everyone out there i really recommend this tool here is a sample of my itch.properties file for windows that worked without problems.

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

# path to your personal music collection
music.library.filesystem=C:/MP3/ (In my case its the internal hard drive)

# path to your Serato ITCH library
music.library.itch=C:/Users/zaguama/Music/_Serato_/ (for internal c: drive)
music.library.itch=L:/_ScratchLIVE_/ (For external drives)
Konix 4:00 PM - 4 September, 2010
Cool program, just like Scratch Tools just one or two steps simpler. Any chance you're working on a full GUI so you don't need the separate config file? Just add a couple JFileChoosers to the GUI to select your music folder and your _Serato_/ScratchLIVE folder and a button to execute. Would be nice!
Konix 4:02 PM - 4 September, 2010
Of course I know it's not as simple as adding a couple JFileChoosers though... ;)
Roman Alekseenkov 4:31 PM - 4 September, 2010
zaguama - cool! I'm glad 0.1.1 worked for you!

Konix - I deliberately wanted to avoid any interaction with the user. Every time you add tracks to your library and want to play them using Serato, you need to run itch-sync to add these tracks into ITCH or ScratchLive, right? Selecting folders through the GUI and pressing "Go" button every time would be painful, I think. So, the idea here is to enter all settings into the config file once and then run how many times you want with a single click using these settings. But at the same time, having a GUI for initial tool configuration sounds reasonable though.

Thanks,
Roman
Konix 4:50 PM - 4 September, 2010
Quote:
Selecting folders through the GUI and pressing "Go" button every time would be painful, I think.

Well, I didn't mean to select every single folder/subfolder, that would be tedious indeed (especially if you have a lot of crates). You're tool does the exact same thing as the "sync with subcrates" command in Scratch Tools, all you do is specify the parent folder you want and it imports all the subfolders. What I was getting at in my initial post is your last sentence...

Quote:
But at the same time, having a GUI for initial tool configuration sounds reasonable though.

That's basically what I was asking, a GUI to select your master parent music folder that you want to import everything from, and your _Serato_/ScratchLIVE folders. That's it, well, and the "Go" button :)
Killaboy12 11:15 AM - 6 September, 2010
-Im having some problems with the serato itch sync tool.... Unfortunatly im getting

Itch.exception.itchlibraryexception: Error while serializing crate "Music file"
at itch.itchcrate.writeto (itchcrate.java:327) .... etc

i would really appreciate some help..
Roman Alekseenkov 12:07 PM - 6 September, 2010
Killaboy12: please check that the path to your serato db is correct. Also, please check that the directory exists and sub-directories "Crates" and "Subcrates" also exist. Likely, it's an issue with one of these.

If it doesn't help, could you please open a bug in the google issue tracker and paste a full stack trace of the error and attach your properties file?

Thank you,
Roman
Roman Alekseenkov 12:11 PM - 20 September, 2010
posted 0.1.3 today:
- addressed compatibility issue with Java 1.5, now both 1.5 and 1.6 are fully supported
- slightly improved error reporting

also, modifications from 0.1.2:
- added a feature allowing to clear Serato database before sync
- fixed a bug when top-level music folders without any sub-folders were not showing up as parent crates
- refreshed the main project page, now instructions should be more clear to Mac OS and Windows users

Also, thanks to Konix, there is now an excellent tutorial on YouTube: Watchwww.youtube.com
zaguama 3:06 PM - 20 September, 2010
tested, worked like a charm. Thanks for the hard work on this, just as easy as a double click :)

This is a great tool for me at least because i keep all my music and crates on my internal mac hard drive but every month or so i sync my Music folder with an external hard drive for backup, then just as easy as running ITCH-SYNC tool on it and you are good to go, perfect mirror of your "production" library.
wadup 7:32 PM - 20 September, 2010
This tool is really awesome.... Btw some of my friends started using vdj because they don't have to update crates like serato, but now I'm pretty sure they will be happy with this tool and start enjoying true DVS solution made by serato of course....
Mxtjay 3:26 AM - 24 September, 2010
i cant find the icon to click on to start the program what does it look like
Mxtjay 3:47 AM - 24 September, 2010
oh i see i have to open it with java but when i do it says "Error occured. Please inspect the main window log for details" what should i do r where is the main log
Mxtjay 4:21 AM - 24 September, 2010
oh i see never mind
Mxtjay 7:46 PM - 25 September, 2010
it doent work for me can someone tell me if something is wrong with this

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=C:\\Users\\troy\\Music\\dj music

# path to your Serato ITCH library
music.library.itch=C:\\Users\\troy\\Music\\ScratchLIVE
Mxtjay 8:23 PM - 25 September, 2010
it says .....Unable to load config file 'itch-sync.properties'
Roman Alekseenkov 8:38 PM - 25 September, 2010
likely you saved the properties file as .properties.txt (notepad adds ".txt" sometimes), or put it into the wrong directory... please revisit the instructions at code.google.com
Mxtjay 8:42 PM - 25 September, 2010
i saved it as all files....which directory should i put it
Mxtjay 8:43 PM - 25 September, 2010
on code.google.com it says "put it into any directory/folder on your computer"
Mxtjay 8:53 PM - 25 September, 2010
i made a folder called serato-itch-sync and put the properties file and java file in it
Mxtjay 9:20 PM - 25 September, 2010
i found a problem ....i remove properties from the properties file and it work but im getting a other errors one say "error while serializing crate"

then "error writing to file dancehall.crate"

and something about file not found
czar 9:24 PM - 25 September, 2010
I think this is one of the most useful and forward thinking thread currently on itch forum. keep it up! kudos!
MISTER RIPPER 10:08 PM - 25 September, 2010
PROPZZZZZZ got it working nice program but getting red tracks with newest version afther runing on a macbook
Konix 10:57 PM - 25 September, 2010
Quote:
i found a problem ....i remove properties from the properties file and it work but im getting a other errors one say "error while serializing crate"

then "error writing to file dancehall.crate"

and something about file not found

If you're starting with a fresh blank library, you'll first need to make a crate in Itch/Scratch Live and put a song in it. This error is because it cannot find the Crate/Subcrate folder in your _Serato_/ScratchLIVE folder (which you won't have it you're starting fresh). Or you can just manually make the _Serato_/ScratchLIVE folder and Crate/Subcrate folders.

Also another note for Windows users, make sure when you save the file, the encoding format must be set to either ANSI or UTF-8. If it's set to Unicode/Unicode big endian, you'll get an error ("The required config option 'music.library.filesystem' is not specified")
Roman Alekseenkov 12:17 AM - 26 September, 2010
Guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I have posted 0.1.4 with the following fixes:
* fixed a bug where tracks were showing up as red/missing when using a library located on external hard drive
* improved performance of the tool when library sync is performed using an external hard drive
* added experimental support for video files (.mov, .mp4, .m4a, .avi, .flv, .mpg, .mpeg, .dv, .qtz)
* 'Subcrates' folder is now created if it doesn't exist, so the tool works correctly with fresh Serato ITCH/ScratchLIVE install

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Roman
Mxtjay 1:19 AM - 26 September, 2010
ok thanks im going try it and see what happens
Mxtjay 1:25 AM - 26 September, 2010
Thanks alot Knoix and Roman Alekseenkov its working
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:33 PM - 27 September, 2010
Finally got to tinker with this program yesterday.
Took a couple tries and couple Serato crashes but now it works...

However Serato is running a bit slow, I believe its due to my massive music collection and folders.

check out my attached pic
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

According to Itch-Sync I have:
127,160 tracks (this probably due to dance remixes 1 song with 10+remixes)
When I started ripping CD's, I would rip each CD into its own folder.
Now since joining Idjpool several years ago. I also saved my weekly music downloads into each folder.

That is why its showing that I have 5412 crates!! LOL.

I guess I need to consolidate and take the mp3s out of its own folder into a fewer main folders.

Question for Konix:
On your video, when you added the new tracks into the folder "Newest Track"
what did you do afterward?
Did you drag the songs in Serato to their respected folders?
Or did you still have to move the actual track file into the appropriate folders outside Serato?

Roman: (I might be asking too much) Is there a way to drop all songs into a folder "new tracks" and have itch-sync figure out where to send to folder?

Track A,B,C,D,E
OK Track A and E goes to Folder 1, Track B,D = Folder 2, Track C Folder 3

It could follow the Id3 Tag, lets say Genre. Any Genre with "Dance" should go to the Dance Folder

Thank you both Roman for making the program and Konix for giving us how-to vids!
MISTER RIPPER 1:13 AM - 28 September, 2010
PROPZZZZZZ got it working nice program but getting red tracks with newest version afther runing on a macbook
Roman Alekseenkov 9:32 AM - 28 September, 2010
DJ_X_Trodinaire: yeah, I would imagine Serato running slow with 5000+ crates :) Right now it's a one-to-one mapping between folders and crates. Basically the tool mirrors your folder structure. So if you put your new tracks into the folder called "new tracks" and run the tool, all these tracks will appear in "new tracks" crate in Serato. Distributing tracks into folders based on some rules (e.g. ID3 tags) is not something that is supported right now.

MISTER RIPPER: you wrote the same on 9/25. The issue was (supposedly) fixed in 0.1.4 which was released on 9/26. If 0.1.4 doesn't work for you, please open an issue on the project page and follow the instructions in the issue template.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:17 PM - 28 September, 2010
Thanks Roman.

Took me 5 hours last night trying to remove most of the sub folders i have LOL.

I will try to run the program again tonight and see if it does improve.

Thank you again.
AT^ 7:12 AM - 29 September, 2010
ty for this handy tool. something that's def needed!
Djleokar 7:18 PM - 29 September, 2010
Works like a charm... thanks
Dj Farhan 10:42 PM - 29 September, 2010
thanks for the info guys!
orbit122 2:36 AM - 1 October, 2010
Just a comment on what the correct syntax should be for MAC when using an external hard drive. After trying this over and over for about 2 hours I finally figured out why I was getting this error that said there were no usable files in the provided directory.

when using an external drive to host your music files you need to use "/volumes" before you enter the volume name.

example:

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/volumes/Serato Music/

# path to your serato library
music.library.itch=/volumes/Serato Music/_ScratchLIVE_/

This may be common knowledge for some, but for me it was pretty frustrating to figure out even for someone who has been using MACs for awhile.

Hope this helps someone save some time
Mxtjay 5:59 PM - 1 October, 2010
Can u use this for an internal and external harddrive at the same time?
Deejayrockit 7:49 AM - 2 October, 2010
I Love your Tool Roman! It is a time safer....Thx so much!!!!
MISTER RIPPER 12:29 PM - 5 October, 2010
works great know

i also had to learn about the voulme the hard way on a mac

also if you just have your folders loose on your external like i did your going to have to move them to a single folder ex. (serato music) or what ever you want to name it becase if you dont it will pick up the trash folder and other system folders on your external.. so i just moved my folders to one directry
Dj jochi 6:51 PM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:

I keep having an issue with it. After I run the program and I try to run itch, the program will start loadind the crates and then a warning message will appear saying a error occurred radding music. Please help me with this issues!
Dj jochi 9:51 PM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

I keep having an issue with it. After I run the program and I try to run itch, the program will start loadind the crates and then a warning message will appear saying a error occurred radding music. Please help me with this issues!

I did not use scratch tools. I use the itch sync.
Roman Alekseenkov 11:50 PM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
After I run the program and I try to run itch, the program will start loadind the crates and then a warning message will appear saying a error occurred radding music. Please help me with this issues!

DJ jochi - I'm more than willing to help. Please open an issue on the project page, following the comprehensive "new issue" template. If you follow the template precisely, this should give me the required information for nailing down the root cause.

Thanks,
Roman
I1Kirm 5:20 AM - 6 October, 2010
So I recently tried serato-itch-sync. I am now left with mixed feelings. I am a long time scratchtools user so I couldn't help it comparing your tool with it. Anyway, here are my remarks.

Positives:
1) Ease of use
2) Simple configuration
3) Execution time
4) If a song is already included in your ITCH library, this tool will put it in the correct crate while keeping all the relevant library info (playtimes, date added and all the other stuff not stored inside the ID3 tag)
5) Since it only writes in the Crates and Subcrates folder is quite impossible to corrupt your library

Negatives:
1) Unable to track mp3 location changes. This is MAJOR for me. I constantly move files between folders, ie moving mp3s from the "new" folder to a more representative one after I've played the tune a couple of times. In it's current form your tool won't update its location inside ITCH library, instead it will add it as a new track loosing all the relevant info that isn't stored inside ID3 tags.
2) Unable to handle folder name changes. Same as above, renaming a folder will results in all the files contained within to be added as new songs in ITCH library.
3) The tool won't let you build the folder structure under a crate of your choice. Instead, it builds the crate at the root of your crate structure usually leading to a mess if you already have a bunch of crates (that don't correspond to a folder structure) in your library.
4) Since it only operates on the crates and subcrates folders it can't perform a series of library related operations, such as removing orphan tracks or exporting crate contents to a text file.

Overall:
I liked the tool because it does what is says fast and reliably. Still, it's inability to track location changes and folder renames makes it a no-go for me or any other user who's in a habit of moving his tracks around while expecting them to maintain their properties inside ITCH library.
I1Kirm 5:24 AM - 6 October, 2010
Sighs...
I forgot to mention one of the brightest points of your tool; it's open source. I really like that you took that approach. I am hoping nik will release scratchtools source under a similar license someday.
nik39 11:41 AM - 6 October, 2010
Well in this case for the end user it doesn't make a difference whether it is open source or not. Either it works, or it doesn't ;)

Plus the code from Roman seems to be so clean, you would not want to see my terrible code. No surprise that his tool runs a lot faster :)
kraal 1:14 PM - 6 October, 2010
Quote:
Well in this case for the end user it doesn't make a difference whether it is open source or not. Either it works, or it doesn't ;)

)

true
Dj jochi 2:14 PM - 6 October, 2010
Quote:
I have started using ITCH and Allen & Heath Xone:DX (after switching from ScratchLive, Technics 1210mk2 and Pioneer DJM-600) and immediately started feeling the complexity behind library management and crates. ITCH by no means is different from the ScratchLive, so it's all the same problems. Finally, I decided to address them once and for all (for myself, may be not for everyone).

For those who use smart crates or iTunes for library "organization" it's less than an issue. But as for me - I'm an old-school guy and like to keep everything under control, know exactly in which directories my music is located, and distribute new releases into the right places on my disk. With Serato it's always been a problem - it doesn't really support "sync" with the file system, so you have to create the initial crate structure manually. And even worse, if you put new media files into the existing directories, Serato will not sync with crates and there is no even an option to force the sync AFAIK.

The issue was discussed multiple times on the forum, and I also saw the "scratch tools" project. It doesn't really support ITCH, so I decided to come up with a simple, easy to use, 1-click solution for ITCH that allows to mirror your file/directory structure in ITCH as you go forward.

I have uploaded the results to code.google.com, project called "serato-itch-sync".

Please feel free to try, it should be pretty straightforward. For me it's going to become a tool that I will use pretty much all the time.

Would appreciate any feedback - positive, negative, comments on the ease of use, bug reporting (via google code "issues" tab), etc.

Please keep in mind that it's the very first release, so they might be some issues. Complete backup of your Serato library is strongly recommended.

Thanks,
Roman

The program will be a good way to solve the problem that djs have with their crates, but I down load and installed it and after the program analize all my music and I try to run itch, I will get a message when itch is loading the crates. The message is error occur while lreading your music and itch will crash. I really will like to take advantange of this program and I will like help from you.
I1Kirm 8:07 AM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:

Plus the code from Roman seems to be so clean, you would not want to see my terrible code. No surprise that his tool runs a lot faster :)

Well, I don't want to start a discussion about the benefits of open source but I do believe that scratchtools could have been a much better (i.e. faster, easier to use) tool if its source was open.
marcA 8:30 AM - 8 October, 2010
maybe nik39 was prohibited by a nda....
Dj jochi 2:50 PM - 13 October, 2010
The software is working with some people but for me is not working.
Roman Alekseenkov 4:40 PM - 13 October, 2010
DjSyndic8 - thx.

Dj jochi - I am looking forward to reproducing these ITCH crashes. And you can help me in this by opening an issue on the project page, and zipping & attaching your entire "Subcrates" directory.
Dj jochi 4:42 PM - 13 October, 2010
Ok, I will do so! The program will be a great helpd for djs with a lot of music. I being using virtual Dj but I will like to start using Itch as well!
Roman Alekseenkov 9:45 PM - 13 October, 2010
that's the alphabetical order :) for example, it's obvious that "100 bpm" as string is "less" than "60 bpm" because "1" < "6". it's a character by character comparison...

You might want to rename your crates as follows:
- 060 bpm... 095 bpm (just add leading zero)

That should do it.
juan s 5:42 PM - 21 October, 2010
it says error I tried everyhting
Scanning media library E music
found 20647 tracks in 2463 directories
writing files into serato library E:\ScratchLive
Error Occured
Error while serializing crate

ANY Help Please thank you
his program is great and easy when I tried On my mac don't know
why so many problems on pc

THank You
Konix 5:47 PM - 21 October, 2010
Quote:
writing files into serato library E:\ScratchLive

The folder should be named _ScratchLIVE_ , check your .properties text file that you have the underscores in the path.
Djmadmonk 8:06 PM - 21 October, 2010
crashing hard every time i open serato
Mind1 10:35 AM - 22 October, 2010
Just wanted say thanks for every ones help throughout this topic and to Roman for the program! I found itch-sync searching for help on how to get scratch tools to sync my mp4s. So I tried itch-sync and wala! I do hope you continue to develop this tool further and am excited to see where it goes.
dj-nice 10:55 PM - 31 October, 2010
hi,
i am looking for a "quicksync". Just syncing only subcrates with HDD (Sub-) Folders.
HDD Structure may be:
>Musik
>>charts
>>>2008
>>>2009
>>>2010
>>>>2010 German
>>>>2010 HipHop
and so on....

and crates equal to HDD Strukture:
Playlists
History
Database
>>charts
>>>2008
>>>2009
>>>2010
>>>>German
>>>>HipHop

There are rd. 700 crates and 30k files. Is is possible to sync only (quick)
HDD\music\charts\2010
with subcrate
Database/charts/2010/ ????
dj-nice 10:15 AM - 1 November, 2010
by now i have to open the itch filebrowser an drop every HDD folder to the subcrate of the same tenor.

moving crates before sync maybe inconvenient ;-) cause of >700 crates

I conjecture in an upgrade funktion in itch_sync for filtering Folders and subcrates.
Roman Alekseenkov 1:58 PM - 1 November, 2010
yes, it's currently 1-to-1 only

after listening to all the different use cases, I actually have an idea about improving the tool. I'm thinking about completely changing the configuration in 0.2 and changing the config to be entirely scriptable (where you can define a sequence of actions in the configuration, e.g.: (1) sync folder <A> to crate <B>, (2) remove orphan tracks from "All" view, (3) ...).

don't have time for this unfortunately -- have a small baby now, and also preparing for the gig on 11/11 :)
dj-nice 2:21 PM - 1 November, 2010
Congratulations on (the birth of) your baby!

btw. interesting plans! I'm looking forward, hearing from you.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:14 AM - 2 November, 2010
Congrats Roman!!
Deejayrockit 8:14 AM - 3 November, 2010
Congratulations Roman!

Even if it takes time, me and a lot of other Djs would be very Thankfull if you keep improving your nice Software!
djtate 6:15 AM - 7 November, 2010
roman, i not sure if i am doing something wrong but i do little custom crates of backing tracks for my artists in a certain order,

after running that tool, it disappears, the main crate with the track are there but the 2nd crate i make disappears.
djtate 1:52 PM - 7 November, 2010
i have done that but lets say i did a crate with a set of tunes to play on the night, when i run the itch_sync it disappears.
Roman Alekseenkov 2:03 PM - 7 November, 2010
djtate - make sure "music.library.itch.clear-before-sync" is set to "false".

also, if you created a crate named "xyz" and sync utility is going to create crate "xyz" as well, then the contents of the existing crate will be wiped out...
djtate 2:39 PM - 7 November, 2010
where would i find that?
djtate 2:46 PM - 7 November, 2010
never mind found it, on your website. thanks mate, great cool.
stevie o 5:58 PM - 7 November, 2010
I am trying to sync an external hd with videos using this program. I get an error every time. I have tried everything and now I am frustrated, It has been 2 days I am trying this. Someone please hit me up @[phone number removed] or steve odessa on ichat
wadup 6:01 PM - 7 November, 2010
What error r u getting.
stevie o 6:13 PM - 7 November, 2010
file path
stevie o 6:19 PM - 7 November, 2010
unable to find any supported files in your media library directory. are you sure you soecified the right path in config file?

Thats what I get.
stevie o 7:02 PM - 7 November, 2010
are mp4's not a supported file?
stevie o 7:32 PM - 7 November, 2010
anyone?

I am trying to sync mp4 files from an external to a fresh scratchlive library located in the same external hd
Roman Alekseenkov 8:41 PM - 7 November, 2010
it should be supported, as stated on the main page.

as you are syncing with external, there is a chance you specified an incorrect path. on Mac it should be "/Volumes'/NameOfYourDrive/..."
stevie o 9:04 PM - 7 November, 2010
ok roman the /volume/external drive helped. It scanned and read my drive and made the crates in serato, however it made extra crates such as meta datata, scratchlive crates subcrates new order trash etc..etc..

Also none of the vids were loaded. only red numbers
stevie o 9:20 PM - 7 November, 2010
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

This might clear things up. It shows how i set the path. How it should look and how it does look.'Note again there are no vids loaded in serato. itch sync only made the crates and extra crates but loaded no files
stevie o 10:32 PM - 7 November, 2010
I know I am close to having this work.
stevie o 1:04 AM - 8 November, 2010
since every file is not found i clicked rescan id3 tags and relocate lost filers....that crashes the program
stevie o 4:42 AM - 8 November, 2010
I tried to sync mp3 to serato and this is what I got. Same as video files except the names show up in serato, but every fie is red. Tried rescanning but crashes. Clearly there is a slight problem. I know this program should save me a ton of time but its driving me crazy for 2 days. Heres another screenshot, Someone please help.

www.flickr.com
stevie o 1:06 PM - 8 November, 2010
Thanks I will try that however I tried it with mp3 files also and it reads everything but all files are red. Also roman and konix says this tool works with both serato and itch.
stevie o 1:06 PM - 8 November, 2010
There must be something I am missing in the original setup
stevie o 7:38 PM - 8 November, 2010
DID all that. No good
Roman Alekseenkov 8:48 PM - 8 November, 2010
stevie o - are you using the latest version of my sync utility? on win or on mac? there was a tiny "missing files" bug in one of the prior versions, but I *think* I nailed it down
stevie o 9:42 PM - 8 November, 2010
itch sync 1.4 on a mac pro and a macbook pro. Should I try a previous version? Tjis is definitely a missing files issue
stevie o 10:05 PM - 8 November, 2010
DID you see the pics I took. Let me know if my file paths are correct
stevie o 10:23 PM - 8 November, 2010
WHEre is Konix? He is a genius with this shit. I know its probably as minor as an apostrophe
stevie o 4:20 PM - 9 November, 2010
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Can anyone see by these pics if I am doing anything wrong?
Roman Alekseenkov 5:41 PM - 9 November, 2010
when you try to load a "red file" which can not be found, what Serato does report in the status window at the bottom? there should be a file path displayed there, and likely it is generated incorrectly by the itch-sync.

if serato is displaying file path at the bottom of the window when you either click on the file, or try to load a red file on a deck, can you please try to catch this moment and attach a screenshot showing it?
stevie o 5:45 PM - 9 November, 2010
sure I will try now
stevie o 5:48 PM - 9 November, 2010
stevie o 5:49 PM - 9 November, 2010
It says its writing tag.
The filenames are all present but everything is red. It is reading the location and path it seems but why isnt the files able to be played?
Roman Alekseenkov 6:37 PM - 9 November, 2010
ahaaa!
change "/volumes/vid" to "/Volumes/vid" (capital 'V') in all lines of your config file
this should fix the problem
kraal 6:43 PM - 9 November, 2010
Quote:
ahaaa!
change "/volumes/vid" to "/Volumes/vid" (capital 'V') in all lines of your config file
this should fix the problem

love your assist on that --- i havent re organized my music yet so haven't tried your program but will soon
stevie o 10:52 PM - 9 November, 2010
stay tuned
stevie o 11:04 PM - 9 November, 2010
Roman thanks I think that was the problem. This tool is a life saver. Should make the instructions a bit easier for dummys like me. A simple thing like a capital shouldnt throw me off for a week but great job and thanks for this....

side notes
Not a major deal but the extra crates are still there like metadata, and other file crates like trash spotlight etc. I can easily delete but why are they showing up?

Lastly. I want to sync my audio (that is in a different location) How do I sync both my vids on ext hd and my audio from internal? When I rerun the program for each wont it just sync 1 and not the other.?
Roman Alekseenkov 12:26 AM - 10 November, 2010
Quote:
Not a major deal but the extra crates are still there like metadata, and other file crates like trash spotlight etc. I can easily delete but why are they showing up?

It's because you are syncing with the root of your drive and it contains quite a few things... You better create a directory on external, put all your vids into it, and sync with it instead of the root.

Quote:
Lastly. I want to sync my audio (that is in a different location) How do I sync both my vids on ext hd and my audio from internal? Wh
en I rerun the program for each wont it just sync 1 and not the other.?

"Both" is something that is not currently possible in one click. But you can have 2 separate copies of the sync tool in different folders with different configs - one will sync a folder on internal drive with Serato DB on the internal drive, and the other one will sync a folder on external drive with Serato DB on the external drive. 2 clicks at the end...
stevie o 12:32 AM - 10 November, 2010
Thanks. I am gonna try to create a folder on my ext and put everything in there because serato is crashing halfway thru when reading tags.
Gettin closer
stevie o 5:25 PM - 10 November, 2010
I got the tool (no ryan seacrest) to work perfectly with my macbook, syncing audio mp3's to serto library.
When trying to sync videos from an external it crashes 5 minutes through reading the tags every time
stevie o 2:59 AM - 11 November, 2010
I have 2 root folders with abunch of folders in each and it crashes everytime
MISTER RIPPER 9:40 PM - 11 November, 2010
i have been running it on my back up mac(serato os 2.1.1) and i just ran it on my my main dj laptop also a mac (srato os 2.0.0) and i notice a couple things bout the program the first is that it keep changing my crate structure view ( artist ,track , bpm, ) by unchecking what i want viewed and order of what i want viewed ... also when i go to a crate that i have tracks in a specfic order (#) the order gets change around every time i run the program no matter how many times i set it
dj-nice 9:54 PM - 11 November, 2010
with PC i build with Scratchtools 5 root crates with hundrets of subcrates.
There was till now no crash!
stevie o 11:57 PM - 11 November, 2010
Quote:
i have been running it on my back up mac(serato os 2.1.1) and i just ran it on my my main dj laptop also a mac (srato os 2.0.0) and i notice a couple things bout the program the first is that it keep changing my crate structure view ( artist ,track , bpm, ) by unchecking what i want viewed and order of what i want viewed ... also when i go to a crate that i have tracks in a specfic order (#) the order gets change around every time i run the program no matter how many times i set it

Program is a great idea, I love it but def needs to be improved.
MISTER RIPPER 1:24 AM - 12 November, 2010
i agrea same feal.......... thought there was a way around this though to much work to run it agin until that changes
Dj Ricky Redz 10:04 PM - 14 November, 2010
my problem is that it won't clear the crates b4 creating the new ones!! instead i'm getting duplicates! one red, the other white. did i do something wrong with that section of the file?
stevie o 12:15 AM - 15 November, 2010
throw scratchlive folder in trash,- open serato, create 1 crate and add 1 track in from the source you are syncing from and rerun itch sync tool
stevie o 3:55 PM - 17 November, 2010
Than u lose all metadata, midi presets, sp6 presets, effects presets etc...
wadup 6:01 PM - 17 November, 2010
^^^^ yep, don't forget cue points.
dj-nice 7:50 PM - 17 November, 2010
Quote:
^^^^ yep, don't forget cue points.

i thing, they will be stored in the mp3 file
stevie o 12:24 AM - 18 November, 2010
Ok so when I re sync my library using the itch sync tool what is the proper way to do it? Do I trash the folder or just some info inside the folder?

Also I had this program running perfect for 3 days now it just says scanning media library and never finshes the scan....Why?
dj-nice 7:09 AM - 18 November, 2010
Try to drag and drop some Files to [ANALYZE] Button. Maybe there ist a corrupt File?
All extended Infos like CUE/loop/wavevorm/gaininfo are stored in the mp3tag. When you delete all Database infos an rebuild the crates with the Itch sync tool or Scratchtool script you will only miss the |length| details which will come automaticly after loading a song or reanalyze. This is a bug.... You can make this very quick with the arrowkeys. Scroll with arrow-down and arrow-left one after each other and the LENGTH Infos will be shown!
stevie o 5:00 PM - 18 November, 2010
thanks^ However itch sync goes to main window and says scanning media library but never finishes. It works fine with my other hard drive though
selectah grimes 5:37 AM - 30 November, 2010
just want to say this is an awesome tool and I am using it on an external drive it works great.
Is there any work around for getting the columns to stay the way you set them for example, song/bpm/artist/genre/ etc every time I run the program, it resets all the columns in all the crates to song /artist /length
It only does it to the crates I sync not ones created in serato. Is there something we can add maybe within the ScratchLive folder in the crates folder after the sync is complete?
Dj Ricky Redz 7:55 AM - 30 November, 2010
i'm having the same problem here........
kraal 7:59 AM - 30 November, 2010
i have not used it but would unchecking custom crates help?
selectah grimes 11:49 PM - 30 November, 2010
kraal-thanks I think that did the job
kraal 12:01 AM - 1 December, 2010
cool
selectah grimes 1:52 AM - 28 December, 2010
just an update....unchecking the custom crates does help and all crates have the columns organized how you want song ;bpm;artist;album; whatever, but if I click on a column say artist, it freezes up serato for any uncomfortably long time, had a major freeze last weekend, dead air full dancefloor, longest 2 minutes ever.
I now avoid reaaranging this and try to keep bpm as the higlighted column, but sometimes I need to go by album or song ....any thoughts I'm getting really used to having my crates organized with this tool
kraal 2:15 AM - 28 December, 2010
try defraging or optimizing your hard drive
selectah grimes 8:07 PM - 28 December, 2010
Quote:
try defraging or optimizing your hard drive

tried it and it still does it.
once I click the custom crates in setup I can sort freely and doesn't freeze at all, just every time I use the tool to update the crates, I have to go in and reorganize the crates. Again it only does it to the crates that I sync with the tool, smart crates and crates I make in serato aren't affected
loge1974 12:28 AM - 2 January, 2011
Hi,

after using my Xone DX for 2 days now :-) (i used SL1 for several years), i ve also tried your tool. Works like expected and ultra fast. Nice.

But someone in this tread mentioned some issues when moving files wrt to losing Metadata. I have not tried it yet but if this is correct, we should enhance this thingy. I have written "we" because as 8+ years java developer, it would be a no brainer to help out. I ve crawled the sources and it seems a manageable thing to get into this software.

Is there something like a developer forum on code.google.com for this project? I dont want to post technical dev stuff in this forum.

Marc
stevie o 3:18 AM - 2 January, 2011
Let me know when and if this tool becomes more stable. It crashes everytime when I add new music and run the program, forcing me to import manually
Roman Alekseenkov 2:41 AM - 4 January, 2011
loge1974 - good to hear from you Marc. let's see what we can do.
DJ Quartz 6:51 PM - 11 January, 2011
This is a great program it took minutes to import 75000+ tracks into SSL with the folder structure intact.

I'm having startup issues but I doubt that has anything to do with the import.
djprime1 5:41 AM - 12 January, 2011
this program is very useful. 2 tries and it was working perfectly. i wish there was a way it couls analyse the files as well as they go into respected folders. maybe a upgrade idea.
Roman Alekseenkov 6:27 PM - 12 January, 2011
DJ Quartz - thanks. If you find though that itch-sync produces weird crates causing Serato to crash, please open a bug... Btw, when happens if you import these 75K tracks through Serato? I suspect that when you import through Serato, it all goes into a small number of manually created crates and might work fine. But itch-sync will mirror your folder structure creating a huge number of crates (e.g. one per music release or smth), and large number of crates might be an issue for Serato...

djprime1 - if by "analyse" you mean beat grids, bpm calculation, and waveform display - it's a not an option. it all belongs to Serato - it's their algorithms, their logic, etc changed and improved over SSL/ITCH versions. and the info is stored in tracks' metadata. will have to leave it up to Serato :)
DJ Quartz 10:27 PM - 12 January, 2011
I'm having major crash issues working with crates actually . But yes I do want my folder structure to be duplicated in SSL.

I have sent them dump files and logs so hopefully the issue gets ironed out.
DJ Quartz 10:29 PM - 12 January, 2011
I could file a bug for itch sync but I'm not sure where to start to look because I assume you're just writing crates so it couldn't crash the application.

However, I will state that working with crates is definitely crashing SSL right now. Deleting or importing is causing major issues.

Is there any information I can send you to have look?
DJ Quartz 10:33 PM - 12 January, 2011
I really want to make this works because it's like back in the day with the Final Scratch Record Box editor.

You could just tag your files, drop them in their respective folders and let it update the crates/playlists.

It was beautiful and I'm seeing the same potential here removing a lot of unnecessary work for adding new tracks.
DJ Quartz 11:26 PM - 12 January, 2011
Just to give you an idea of the collection I'm working with, the tool reports 39 crates, 920 sub-crates written.

In talking with another user, he mentioned there could be a limitation of 1000 folders in SSL.

I'm really, really hoping that's not the case because that could explain all the trouble I'm seeing.
Konix 11:33 PM - 12 January, 2011
Have you tried the latest 2.2 beta version? There's might be an improvement...

Quote:
- Improved the limited number of crates you can have on Windows
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:05 AM - 13 January, 2011
Yeah quartz large amount of crates and sub folders did cause a lot of my crashes using this program.

I am able to reduce my crates to 31 and 28 sub folders and it is running great.
DJ Quartz 5:45 AM - 13 January, 2011
@ Konix,

I was testing this on 2.0.0 - 2.2 beta but I think I've narrowed down the problem. It was to do with various known good files in various crates. They were causing a problem with SSL's tag reading process for some reason.

I had the 2.2 full release a few hours ago, I moved the problem files and sent them in for analysis.

I rebuilt my database and hadn't had a problem since.
DJ Quartz 5:46 AM - 13 January, 2011
Actually I never had any problems with the tool, it built the database just fine, it was SSL that crashing horrendously.

I have 39 crates and 920 sub-folders.
selectah grimes 7:08 PM - 13 January, 2011
@quartz when ssl would crash would you get messages of "there was an error loading "x" crate remounting or restarting...." or would your computer freeze up, just trying to get a grasp on this as I have alot of crates and sub crates also. not by my dj computer, but I'll put the amount later. I have rebuild the database, a few times now, and that help but then whenever i add more music and reuse the tool, I get those messages and or the freeze up
selectah grimes 7:57 PM - 13 January, 2011
thats where I'm at, spring cleaning on all the folders, I have folders for every year back to 2000, with each folder have a ton of sub folers for riddims of that year
Deejay Tricks 3:54 PM - 2 February, 2011
PLEASE HELP!!!

I have done the following and still nothing works:

1. Added the "itch-sync-0_1_4.jar" file to my desktop

2. Before beginning this process I backed up both my "_Serato_ and _Serato_Backup" folders in case I needed to recover my original library.

3. I opened texted edit and followed all of the individual instructions for plain text...etc, and saved the "itch-sync.properties" file to my desktop. Here are the settings I have. I should mention that I am a MAC user (10.6.6) using ScratchLIVE (2.2.0). My music library is located on a(n) external hard drive & my "_Serato_ and _Serato_Backup" folders are separately located internally on my MAC through my user music folder.

Here are my paths:

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/Tricks/Tricks Magical Library/

music.library.itch=/Users/deejaytricks/Music/_ScratchLIVE_/

The two Serato folders just mentioned are shown inside of my music folder separately. So I attempted to create a folder named "_ScratchLIVE_" and placed the two (2), _Serato_ and _Serato_Backup" folders into the "_ScratchLIVE_" folder (which is shown in the # path section of my Serato library.

4. I deleted everything from my Serato ScratchLIVE Library, and closed the application. But when I go to my desktop and attempt to launch the "itch-sync-0_1_4.jar" file. I receive the following error message: a pop-up thats titled failure appears: "Error occurred. Please inspect the main windows with logs for details. Then on the screen behind this one called the "main" serato-itch-sync- logging window: "Unable to load config file "itch-sync.properties"

I even checked my java packafe for MAC, and I have the following downloaded Java for MAC 10.6.6 update 3.

Please help me out if possible...Thanks!
Konix 4:26 PM - 2 February, 2011
If you're using an external drive, then you need to specify the _Serato_/_ScratchLIVE_ folder on the root level of the external drive, not the internal drive.

so

music.library.itch=/Users/deejaytricks/Music/_ScratchLIVE_/

should be

music.library.itch=/Volumes/Tricks/_Serato_
Deejay Tricks 7:55 PM - 2 February, 2011
Per your instructions I made the following changes:

1. I specified the name of my root folder on the external to "_ScratchLIVE_". This folder contains two more folders inside titled: "_Serato_" and "_Serato_Backup" (both being two separate folders.

2. I changed the (# path to your serato library) to what you suggested
music.library.itch=/Volumes/Tricks/_Serato_

Yet still I continue to receive the same error message. Is it possible I have too many folder paths?
Konix 8:13 PM - 2 February, 2011
Ok, Scratch Live versions 2.1.1 and below use the _ScratchLIVE_ folder on externals, starting in 2.2 they changed all the ScratchLIVE folders (on both internal and external drives) to _Serato_.

If you're using 2.2, then you need to have the _Serato_ folder on the root level of the drive, not inside in _ScratchLIVE_ folder which is no longer used (although, the ScratchLIVE (internal) and _ScratchLIVE_ (external) folders should have changed their names to _Serato_ automatically).
Deejay Tricks 8:36 PM - 2 February, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I made the folder name changes, but I'm still getting the same error message: "Unable to load config file "itch-sync.properties""

I have the following paths:

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

# path to your personal music collection (music located on the external,.)
music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/Tricks/Tricks Magical Library/

# path to your serato library (my library is located on the external, although I should mention I have already tried the moving and renaming process on the internal hard drive), to no avail...

music.library.itch=/Volumes/Tricks/_Serato_/

The error message remains to be seen B[
Konix 8:45 PM - 2 February, 2011
Alright, well the "Unable to load config file "itch-sync.properties"" usually means

1) The file is not in the same location as the main program's .jar file, they both have to be in the same directory/folder/location

2) The file isn't named correctly

3) The file is not in plain text format
Deejay Tricks 9:46 PM - 2 February, 2011
Here are the following for the file locations, the .jar file, and the _Serato_ file and the _Serato Backup" file.

Directory is "User" (deejaytricks)
Folder is "Music"
Location is "this one I'm not sure of"
DJ Cs 10:08 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:

This is probably the issue.
Deejay Tricks 10:15 PM - 2 February, 2011
I deleted the file twice, and created new files following the same instructions. As I continue to read the forums and troubleshoot the situation I'm begginging to believe that having my music stored in a different location (such as the external), has now a conflicting issue with the location of the _Serato_ file or folder.
Deejay Tricks 10:17 PM - 2 February, 2011
Quote:
i

beginning *
DJ Cs 10:36 PM - 2 February, 2011
Possibly.
If someone wants to help him out remotely they can load a free product called "teamviewer" on their system, Deejay Tricks would load teamviewer client and they can see, control your system in real time. It also allows the person to see the opposite desktop as well as video between the two people.

the full install waits for the client install to generate a passcode and it just connects....anywhere, and across different platforms such as windows to mac.

I'm in no way associated with teamviewer, but it is a god send to me when helping family and friends with computer issues.
Deejay Tricks 10:47 PM - 2 February, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion DJ C!

Any help would be appreciated
DJ Quartz 5:34 PM - 3 February, 2011
Now that I have all my crates organized and setup properly, this tool is AWESOME!!!

Adding new tracks to the collection is a two step process and FAST! Especially since Itch & SSL use the same database.

Thanks for this great tool.
DJ Quartz 5:37 PM - 3 February, 2011
This has shortened my workflow sooon much!

- Get tracks from digital pools
- Edit tag info via Dr. Tag
- Move tracks to respective folders
- Run Itch Sync
- Launch SSL or Itch
- Click analyze files

DONE!
Jensen Määäm 5:56 PM - 3 February, 2011
^Exactly! Everybody who's using this tool or ScratchTools loves it! It saves so much time!
zaguama 8:47 PM - 4 February, 2011
@DJ Quartz if you just click analyze files does it only analyzes the new files that you added?
stevie o 8:52 PM - 4 February, 2011
Quote:
^Exactly! Everybody who's using this tool or ScratchTools loves it! It saves so much time!

when it works it saves time. If it fucks up every other time like it does for me it takes me a week to manually add tracks and crates back into serato.
Please simplify the process because I really like the idea of this
zaguama 9:04 PM - 4 February, 2011
you just need to backup your serato folder before you run the tool in case it fucks up. If it does then just replace the serato folder with your backup.
DJ Quartz 12:22 AM - 5 February, 2011
@ Zaguama,

Yep it only does the new tracks. I have my folder structure setup to mirror the crate structure in SSL so everytime I run sync it just updates the crates with the new tracks.

I haven't had it mess up on me even once yet.
DJ Quartz 12:25 AM - 5 February, 2011
It's one of those things I've always wanted with my collection management. Makes life SO much easier.
DJ Quartz 1:16 AM - 5 February, 2011
I'm thinking of switch id3 tag programs though. I've been using Dr. Tag since '03 but there hasn't been any updates for years and I'm not getting any response from sales or dev's regarding the future of the product.

So I might switch over to mp3tag.
stevie o 3:35 AM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
you just need to backup your serato folder before you run the tool in case it fucks up. If it does then just replace the serato folder with your backup.

I have done that and swrato crashes everytime. Probably because my library is
Massive
DJ Quartz 4:01 AM - 5 February, 2011
What is massive? I have about 75,000+ tracks now.
kraal 4:16 AM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:

i think the amount of folders/subfolders effects it
DJ Quartz 4:17 AM - 5 February, 2011
I have 25 Parent folders but 96 sub-folders
DJ Quartz 4:20 AM - 5 February, 2011
@ Stevio,

Do you have your cover art view disabled? I had problems with that and the dev team confirmed there was an issue and are implementing a fix.
stevie o 2:00 PM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

i think the amount of folders/subfolders effects it

Alot more than that. Im gonna reduce it

never tried the cover art thing
stay tuned
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:18 PM - 5 February, 2011
Stevie O

Not sure if you read my previous post
The amount of folder did caused for the program to crash
i was at 38 Crates and 5412 sub folders LOL
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

now Im down to 30 crates and 29 subs

Why dont you try and do a small test sample?

I love this program. Its so simple
MISTER RIPPER 8:52 PM - 5 February, 2011
i love the program too but i cant wait till he fixes the part where it moves your song order in your crate and changes the order view of you crate(song,artist,bpm, etc).. when that gets fixed i will be back using it..
DeezNotes 5:09 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
Stevie O

Not sure if you read my previous post
The amount of folder did caused for the program to crash
i was at 38 Crates and 5412 sub folders LOL
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

now Im down to 30 crates and 29 subs

Why dont you try and do a small test sample?

That's waaay too many songs. Yall need help. lol
kraal 5:32 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
[\

ha
nik39 7:26 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
i love the program too but i cant wait till he fixes the part where it moves your song order in your crate and changes the order view of you crate(song,artist,bpm, etc).. when that gets fixed i will be back using it..

AFAIK ScratchTools does not have this issue.
MISTER RIPPER 7:36 PM - 6 February, 2011
IM GOING TO HAVE TO SIT DOWN AND LEARN SCRATCH TOOLS THEN
kraal 7:53 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:
IM GOING TO HAVE TO SIT DOWN AND LEARN SCRATCH TOOLS THEN

not much to learn -- check the forum and copy past what you want :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:23 PM - 6 February, 2011
Quote:

I know! I'm a Hoarder! I should be on that TV show! ;P

Mister ripper. At first it was confusing. But once you get it working, it is smooth.
Jensen Määäm 9:54 AM - 7 February, 2011
^Nik made a tutorial vid about this program?
If so, link please.
Or do you mean Konix?
Jensen Määäm 10:08 AM - 7 February, 2011
Yep, thats Konix' vid, not Nik39's.
DJ Quartz 12:34 AM - 14 February, 2011
Would it be possible to add a Directory Exclusion feature?

In the preferences file you would specify which folders you want ignored when syncronizing.

ie:

# Ignore folders inside parent folder
ignore.subfolder = single; temp; ...

The function would just use the music.library.filesystem variable as the parent folder and just ignore the names you assigned to the ignore.subfolder variable.
Jensen Määäm 12:53 AM - 14 February, 2011
Question: the folder of my music library contents 3 folders and I can't remember was it me who put them there or are those folders in everybody's music library folder?
Here they are: ScratchLIVE, ScratchLIVEBackup,_ScratchLIVE_Database_Backup_
I'm asking, becuase every time I run the sync, I get those added as new crates in SL and I have to delete them, because I don't want them there. I try to avoid this in the future.
zaguama 3:41 AM - 14 February, 2011
+1 to DJ Quartz
DJ Quartz 4:32 AM - 14 February, 2011
Filed in the Google code page.
Jensen Määäm 9:03 AM - 14 February, 2011
Am I the only person who's getting these 3 crates added, everytime I sync folders and crates? What are you guys doing to avoid this?
DJ Quartz 2:38 PM - 14 February, 2011
@ Syndic8

I realize that but this is a feature request to automate that process and just ignore specified folders.
selectah grimes 7:53 PM - 15 February, 2011
just a tip...

that I learned you should create a seperate folder for your music within the music folder of your internal drive or external root for example hd->user->bob->music->dj music->

this not only helps for the sync tool but if you move your music to another drive, computer, back up, etc. you only grab your music, saves alot of hassle beacuse not only serato files are placed in your music folder, itunes is there also....

as far as this tool, I gave up going back and cleaning out music, instead I created a folder called new music and in there I created genre folders and folders for different pools for this year 2011, now as I get the music I put it in those folders, and use the tool just for those, works great and now when I plug in it doesn't take 10 minutes to load the crates
for me I just need this to add the new stuff I get, I manually created crates for older stuff for example 2010, with all the folders the same genre and pools...hope that makes sense
Jensen Määäm 8:01 PM - 15 February, 2011
^I have a folder on my hard drive for all my mp3s and wav files...my music archiv and it's called MUSIKARCHIV...in there I have all the folders for the different genres and those 3 folders: ScratchLIVE, ScratchLIVEBackup,_ScratchLIVE_Database_Backup_
As I sync folders and crates I'll get those three crates in SSL, everytime I run the program and I'll delete them after all. I just want to avoid this...
I just can't remember, was it me who put those folders in there or is that normal to have them in your folder where you store your mp3s?
selectah grimes 8:18 PM - 15 February, 2011
external or internal
Jensen Määäm 8:20 PM - 15 February, 2011
Internal
selectah grimes 9:50 PM - 15 February, 2011
check your inbox
DJ Jazzy-Lu 8:40 PM - 14 March, 2011
I am having the following problem with itch-sync. My music is on an external HD

running windows 7 64bit, I have the latest version of itch-sync and Itch 1.7

I am getting duplicate items in my crates after running sync, these are in red.

mode=gui
#music.library.itch.clear-before-sync=true
music.library.filesystem=F:\\Dads Jams
music.library.itch=F:\\_ScratchLIVE_

Any help
kraal 8:48 PM - 14 March, 2011
Try running scan I'd tags to clear the red ones
DJ Jazzy-Lu 9:26 PM - 14 March, 2011
The double red songs still show. While it was scanning I did notice it was jumping between my F drive (external that has my music and where my itch-sync is path to and my C drive. I did see a database V2 file on my C drive

Sorry i have this in 2 places. not sure how to remove the other one
DJ Jazzy-Lu 10:25 PM - 14 March, 2011
This has been fixed. I had a _Serato_ on my C drive, once it was gone, all is good with the world
DJ Jazzy-Lu 10:33 PM - 14 March, 2011
Has anyone written any other nice codes to manage the library. I know scratch tools has one that sets all the file information bar for your crates. i.e if you only want to see song, artist, bpm. You can do it once and all the crates will be the same.
kraal 11:50 PM - 14 March, 2011
Quote:
Has anyone written any other nice codes to manage the library. I know scratch tools has one that sets all the file information bar for your crates. i.e if you only want to see song, artist, bpm. You can do it once and all the crates will be the same.

u can do that in the software
DJ Jazzy-Lu 11:54 PM - 14 March, 2011
I thought the only way in itch, was to do each crate one at a time. Am I missing something.
kraal 12:00 AM - 15 March, 2011
in set up under library uncheck 'custom crate columns'
now go to you all crate and set it up as you wish... all crates will follow that format
Schuyler 12:03 AM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
in set up under library uncheck 'custom crate columns'
now go to you all crate and set it up as you wish... all crates will follow that format

And then right-click the column headers to select/deselect what you'd like to see about the track! Normally click on the column header you want to sort and it will sort it alphabetically by ascending/descending order.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 12:58 AM - 15 March, 2011
Thanks for the help. Wow a forum that actually answers people, this is a great forum
DJ Quartz 12:42 PM - 15 March, 2011
There needs to be a missing files option added to Itch/SSL so you can automatically find and remove missing files.

Traktor has that option and it comes in very handy when cleaning up your collection.
kraal 2:00 PM - 15 March, 2011
Quote:
There needs to be a missing files option added to Itch/SSL so you can automatically find and remove missing files.

Traktor has that option and it comes in very handy when cleaning up your collection.

maybe i dont get what you are saying but the ;missing files ' in itch show up red
and there is the relocate missing track option too
serato.com
jbnyc 1:50 AM - 11 April, 2011
thanks Roman!! seems to work perfect with 2.2 ssl! i think i messed up tho

when the crates first started loading it was taking forever to load, usually they used to take like 10 seconds and this time it was like scanning song per song so i thought there was a problem and i shut down ssl, then i opened it and the crates were there but the name of the songs and info wasnt there,only when i load up the songs the name and info would appear (weird huh?) not sure if its normal but right now i pressed the analized button and it seems like its analizing my whole library :( (is this normal too?)

i641.photobucket.com
DJ Quartz 4:49 AM - 11 April, 2011
Quote:
maybe i dont get what you are saying but the ;missing files ' in itch show up red
and there is the relocate missing track option too

You are misunderstanding the function I'm describing.

In Traktor, missing file entries can be removed automatically from the database by clicking a button vs just being to relocate them.
Roman Alekseenkov 5:14 PM - 12 April, 2011
jbnyc - not sure, it does look messed up. so you are saying it was working fine for some time, and then one day all the sudden Serato refused to load your library, you quit it and now have to rescan the entire library?

itch sync only builds crates for you. file analysis is up to serato - all this information is stored in the audio files, and the tool doesn't modify audio files at all.
Roman Alekseenkov 5:16 PM - 12 April, 2011
huh.. overall it's probably time to make a maintenance release for itch sync.

quite a few enhancements requests in the google issue tracker, but I'm wondering where to find time for their implementation.
jbnyc 8:34 PM - 12 April, 2011
Quote:
jbnyc - not sure, it does look messed up. so you are saying it was working fine for some time, and then one day all the sudden Serato refused to load your library, you quit it and now have to rescan the entire library?

itch sync only builds crates for you. file analysis is up to serato - all this information is stored in the audio files, and the tool doesn't modify audio files at all.

no, this is what happened (but it was my fault i think)

i only have videos on my external HD, not sure if with songs this happens but when you drag lets say 200 videos to a crate it takes around 15 seconds to load all the videos to the crate (you can see the name of some videos on the bottom of ssl screen) what i did was, i erased all my crates and installed the program, i did the text edit routing then ran the program (after few attempts it worked cause i was writing Volumes without the capital V, so i ran the programs then when i opened ssl i saw the name of all the videos in the bottom of the ssl screen showing 1 by 1, (i forgot thats what it does when you load videos to a crate for the first time) so i shut ssl off, when i turned it on, all the crates were there but when i opened up a crate it was nothing but lines where the songs are and nthing written on the lines,if i highlight a line and load up a video then the name of the video and info would appear on that line (i know,it was weird but im sure it was because i shut off ssl while loading the songs,BIG MISTAKE) so i then pressed the overviews (analize button) and as it was writing overviews on each video and as it was writing overviews the video's name and info would appear, so if you deal with videos when you sync the videos with this program (whats the name of the program btw?) just give it some time to load all the videos to the crates or else you'll have to wait 27 hours to write overviews lol

thanks for taking your time to ask Roman and thanks for making this program,i know you made it for itch but how come you never posted it on the serato forum?
selectah grimes 5:29 AM - 14 April, 2011
Quote:
roman do you know if itch 2.0 will have this function built in :)

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME....come serato pay the man...thanks again Roman great stuff
djprime1 11:34 PM - 19 April, 2011
im getting a error itch.exception.error while serializing crate. does anyone know what this means?
AT^ 11:41 PM - 19 April, 2011
Quote:
im getting a error itch.exception.error while serializing crate. does anyone know what this means?

Do you have java installed? Updated?

Make sure the properties file is 100% correct, or you might see that error. I'd double check your paths to your _Serato folder.

GL :)
djprime1 11:50 PM - 19 April, 2011
thanks
djprime1 12:23 AM - 20 April, 2011
im up to date, with java but it says its a java error???
Dj SlimBrady 6:00 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Alright, well the "Unable to load config file "itch-sync.properties"" usually means

1) The file is not in the same location as the main program's .jar file, they both have to be in the same directory/folder/location

Ok ive tried this and im getting the same message. The main .jar file in on my desktop as is the .txt file. They are both in the same directory. The file is named correctly and its in plain txt.
Now i have my music on my ex hd. When you open it up its already separated into different folders. Is this correct?

music.library.filesystem=/DjVj SlimBrady/

music.library.itch=/DjVj SlimBrady/_Serato_/
jbnyc 8:53 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ok ive tried this and im getting the same message. The main .jar file in on my desktop as is the .txt file. They are both in the same directory. The file is named correctly and its in plain txt.
Now i have my music on my ex hd. When you open it up its already separated into different folders. Is this correct?

make sure its not a ".txt" file,when you save it theres an option that says do you want to automatically make this a .txt file, uncheck that :) so copy the text, erase the textfile,make a new one,peace!
jbnyc 8:56 PM - 21 April, 2011
does anyone have this problem?

every time i add files to my crates or i create crates,after i run the program and it syncs everything perfectly i press analyze and it actually analyses my whole library, not in a way where each file takes around 3 or 4 seconds but i see my almost 10,000 videos run like a digital chronograph, only the new files take the normal time to be analyzed,its a great program but i just wish it didnt re-analyzed all my files cause thats like 20 minutes my computer its just running videos for nothing.

i run serato scratch live and i use videos,not music,not sure if that matters tho...

i know i asked before but didnt specified the problem,thanks guys!
Dj SlimBrady 9:39 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

make sure its not a ".txt" file,when you save it theres an option that says do you want to automatically make this a .txt file, uncheck that :) so copy the text, erase the textfile,make a new one,peace!

Ok i have a new problem. I changed the file and i saved to to where its not a txt file. when i run the program it now says.
Scanning media library /DjVj SlimBrady/...
Unable to find any supported files in your media library directory.
Are you sure you specified the right path in the config file?

Does anyone know what's wrong or can tell me what im doing wrong?
Dj SlimBrady 10:18 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Ok i have a new problem. I changed the file and i saved to to where its not a txt file. when i run the program it now says.
Scanning media library /DjVj SlimBrady/...
Are you sure you specified the right path in the config file?

Does anyone know what's wrong or can tell me what im doing wrong?

It cant find the location of your serato folder
Dude i was like you when I first discovered this software,
Read the instructions carefully than do it, Romans layed out the instructions very clearly, If you mess up a setting than it will not work, Good luck

Syndic my serato file is in my ex hd, and thats what i put.

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

Dj SlimBrady 1:05 AM - 22 April, 2011
@ Syndic im using a Mac so i dont have a drive letter.
Konix 1:15 AM - 22 April, 2011
On Macs and external drives, you need to use /Volumes/<drive name>/...

I assume your external drive is named "DjVj SlimBrady," yes? If so then it should be something like this...

Quote:

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/DjVj SlimBrady/

music.library.itch=/Volumes/DjVj SlimBrady/_Serato_/
Dj SlimBrady 1:19 AM - 22 April, 2011
Konix you are the man.. I was missing the word volume. Thx so much bro.
DJ Quartz 5:51 AM - 6 May, 2011
Folder exclusion in the next release, please and many thanks.
DJ Quartz 12:49 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:
if you want to exclude a folder just take it out and move it to somewhere else on your drive

This is obvious, my point is I have a folder I dump untagged songs into that is part of the structure when I getting new releases. It has sub-folders as well.

Therefore there is many tracks in there at any given time and moving it back and forth wastes time.

Being able to just exclude this folder in the preferences file would make things way more efficient.
Jensen Määäm 1:26 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quartz, there is another software called scratchtools, there you have to say what folder /subfolder you want to syncronize...maybe that is the better option for you.
DJ Quartz 1:31 PM - 6 May, 2011
I'm familiar with Scratchtools. I like the ease of use that Itch Sync provides since it's not command line.

Powerful tool but I've typed enough batch files and cli commands to last a life time.
jbnyc 9:13 PM - 6 May, 2011
Come on quartz! Instead of dropping a whole folder inside that particular tagged folder just drop the songs,cause in my case i use a lot of subfolders and i would hate if the program exclude them!
Jensen Määäm 9:33 PM - 6 May, 2011
Jbnyc, the software syncs folder & subfolders.
DJ Quartz 2:01 AM - 7 May, 2011
@ jbnyc

What are you talking about about I'm talking about adding functionality that would allow me to pre-define what folder(s) I want excluded from synchronization.

Not excluded all sub-folders or anything like that. This would defeat the whole purpose of this tool.

It would only be configurable by the preferences file.

ie:

#Folder Exclusion
path=X:\<foldername>
jbnyc 5:03 AM - 7 May, 2011
@ Jensen yeah i know,i use the program,thanks

@ quartz yeah but the way you explained before didnt specified that you wanted an option to choose which folders u wanted to synch..anyway the little program works well andits simple i doubt he would want to go all out like that and work 500 hours to save your time of taking songs out of folders ;) but good luck! :)
Roman Alekseenkov 8:30 AM - 11 May, 2011
I was finally able to find some spare time on a plane, and do some proof of concept coding while flying from San Francisco to Barcelona and then from Barcelona to Moscow. so far it looks promising

if it continues to go well, it can evolve in a major update in a few weeks! including many features that were requested through google issue tracker.

the new code should properly handle the things like folder renaming, crate column preservation, more advanced folder to crate mapping, and so on. it will perform more extensive operations with the crate files though (previously it was only overwriting them, now it's going to be more like read-merge-and-write-back, preserving all the information).

I would like to ensure that noones databases are corrupted, so.... here is the request.

CALL FOR INFORMATION: if you are willing to participate in the improvements of this tool, please share with me your current crate structure. I will just check that the new code can parse your crates successfully and write them back without any corruption. you can do it via uploading a single zip archive to issue 38 (it should contain "database V2" file and the entire "Crates" folder): code.google.com. It won't contain any personal information - I'm essentially asking for the dump of your Serato DB which contains the set of crates/tracks, your crate column browser configuration, etc.

Thanks,
Roman
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:24 PM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
Roman I'll submit mine soon I do appreciate what you do Bro Thank You :)

+100000
DJ Quartz 2:45 PM - 11 May, 2011
I will submit mine as well.
Roman Alekseenkov 12:18 PM - 16 May, 2011
Gentlemen,

The new major update is almost ready and the new code works like a charm on Mac OS X. At least it works for me :) I still have to run some tests on Windows though.

For those who are willing to help, I still need the data before releasing the code update, just to check that the new crate & database V2 file parser works fine. If you can, please send me an archive with:
- your "database V2" file
- the contents of your entire "Crates" directory
- the contents of your entire "Subcrates" directory (yep, missed that one in the previous request)

Ideally I would need data from 1-2 Mac OS users and 1-2 Windows users.

You can either attach to issue 38 in the google issue tracker. Or, if you hit a 10MB limitation on it, you can upload your data to one of the file hosting sites and send me the link as a private message on the forum.

And special thanks to DJ Quartz who sent me his data already.

Thanks,
Roman
DJ Quartz 3:12 PM - 16 May, 2011
No problem Roman,

I've sent you the subcrate data you needed as well.
Jensen Määäm 4:12 PM - 16 May, 2011
I just sent you an e-mail with the requested files, Roman.
Thank you for the timesaving program!
Kind Regards, Jens
Roman Alekseenkov 5:04 PM - 16 May, 2011
thanks, Jens. I have downloaded the files and will be running some tests shortly
Jensen Määäm 5:06 PM - 16 May, 2011
You are welcome!
Thank you, Roman!
jbnyc 7:59 PM - 16 May, 2011
hi, i want to send mine but..... i dont know where's that info stored :/
Jensen Määäm 8:25 PM - 16 May, 2011
I don't know what you are using PC or Mac...on my PC laptop is a folder with my name on the desktop and in there are folders like Download, Music,...in the Music folder is the Serato folder and in there you'll find all that stuff...
DJ Quartz 9:28 PM - 16 May, 2011
Depending on where your tracks are stored as well.

I have two drives in my laptop and I have a _Serato_ folder under my documents which only holds the Recorded crate.

My music is all on the D:\ drive and it contains a _Serato_ folder which contains all my crates, subcrates and databasev2 file.

It also contains the Serato Backup folder.
DJ Quartz 2:17 AM - 17 August, 2011
What's happened to this project? Everything just withered away and we didn't hear any updates since.

Did anyone get the new version working?
jbnyc 5:14 AM - 17 August, 2011
i really wanted the new version cause every time i use it my crate settings disappear like no BPM's, no comments and stuff like that
Mr. Goodkat 11:52 AM - 17 August, 2011
this still isnt needed is it? with 2.0?
jbnyc 2:13 PM - 17 August, 2011
Are ALL your tracks in the same folder you routed to the program? If not just drag that folder inside the main folder routed and it will work,with me it works like a charm, i use SSL 2.3 the only little problem is that it hides the bpm's ,comments and other stuff in the serato track info,not a big deal but in the middle of the gig its kinda annoying to click the bpm tab,drag it next to the name and i have to do that in EVERY single folder and sub folder :(
jbnyc 8:52 PM - 17 August, 2011
hmmm maybe a corrupt file?? that sounds kinda weird..lets see what Roman says...
DJ Quartz 4:08 AM - 18 August, 2011
My latin crate/subcrates created from a folder causes Itch to crash on startup and SSL to hang when clicking on crates.

The dev team hasn't found what is causing it yet but are looking into it.

I hope Roman is ok, he kind of disappeared.
Roman Alekseenkov 8:20 PM - 19 August, 2011
my apologies, gentlemen

was very busy recently relocating to the US, and it's still kind of going

I will try to release a major update as soon as I have free time (and currently I don't have any). basically everything is ready, the tool seems to work with itch 2.0 as I used it before one of the recent gigs... but I need to test with the latest scratch live and write an appropriate docs on wiki since the configuration format was changed completely (it became easier though)

if there is someone here from SF bay area, I would be happy to meet for a cup of coffee and show the pre-release version / get some feedback :)
jbnyc 11:17 PM - 19 August, 2011
i never had a crash but what i get A LOT is that if i delete a track and then run the program for some reason that track i deleted still appears on serato and when i try to load it (of course) it says file not found and a "?" on the left, i delete it and it keeps popping up :( not sure if it has something to do with the program tho... but im waiting for the new release Roman,thanks! :)
DJ Quartz 11:26 PM - 19 August, 2011
Yes Roman,

Got the PM, will await the new info once everything cools down for you.

Cheers.
DeezNotes 2:31 AM - 21 August, 2011
Quote:
my apologies, gentlemen

was very busy recently relocating to the US, and it's still kind of going

I will try to release a major update as soon as I have free time (and currently I don't have any). basically everything is ready, the tool seems to work with itch 2.0 as I used it before one of the recent gigs... but I need to test with the latest scratch live and write an appropriate docs on wiki since the configuration format was changed completely (it became easier though)

if there is someone here from SF bay area, I would be happy to meet for a cup of coffee and show the pre-release version / get some feedback :)

Audio1 is the key to the Bay!
DJ Quartz 5:39 PM - 7 September, 2011
For me I just found that one crate caused me issues, once I removed that crate. Itch 2.0 worked properly.

Itch 1.7 never gave me trouble with the same database.
DJ Quartz 6:32 AM - 4 December, 2011
I just sent Roman a PM because he hasn't been on here in awhile. Hopefully everything is ok.
jbnyc 1:36 AM - 4 January, 2012
looking forward for an update too :)
DJ Quartz 12:35 PM - 4 January, 2012
Maybe Serato approached him and incorporated the code.
Dj Ricky Redz 2:42 PM - 4 January, 2012
well, i'm still waiting for a word on something!! this tool made my life easier!
jbnyc 3:40 PM - 4 January, 2012
Quote:
well, i'm still waiting for a word on something!! this tool made my life easier!

+1
Jensen Määäm 8:25 PM - 4 January, 2012
I'm still using this tool & I luv it!
Such a times saver!
jbnyc 12:30 PM - 5 January, 2012
Same here! :D
DJ Quartz 3:32 PM - 5 January, 2012
+ 1,000,000
DeezNotes 11:46 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
I'm still using this tool & I luv it!
Such a times saver!

+1
DJ Cs 10:40 PM - 10 January, 2012
Just as an FYI....There is something coming out SOON that should make you guys very happy on this issue.
Jensen Määäm 11:31 AM - 26 February, 2012
I used this tool on my pc laptop with vista and it was working flawless.
Now I have a pc laptop with Windows 7.
So I moved everything last night onto the new laptop but I can't get it work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've downloaded java, without it it doesn't work, right? Then I've downloaded this sync tool and then I've wrote the properties file, those two are in the same folder on my hard drive. But if I click the jar file nothing happens, I see a black window for a tenth of a second and that's it. I've tried it with: \\ and with / in the properties file

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=C:\\MUSIKARCHIV

music.library.itch=C:\\Users\\JD\\Eigene Musik\\_Serato_
Jensen Määäm 3:58 PM - 26 February, 2012
I have downloaded Java again, wrote the properties file many times (it's a properties file, not a text file or something), the path to my music library and to my Serato folder are correct...
I know, I make a mistake somewhere, but I don't know what I'm doin' wrong...
Jensen Määäm 6:24 PM - 27 February, 2012
Many thanks to Nik39, he discovered the problem I've had and solved it. The tricky thing was, Windows shows you a different path, then what you have to write down, if your system is running in english ou won't discover this problem, but if your system is running in another language you might run into the same problem as me.

What I had written down:
#path to your serato library
music.library.itch=C:\\Benutzer\\JD\\Eigene Musik\\_Serato_

what I need to write instead:
music.library.itch=C:\\Users\\JD\\Music\\_Serato_

It is tricky, because Windows shows you the path I wrote down, how do you know you have exchange words? I mean I tried it with Users instead of Benutzer, but I didn't exchange Eigene Musik with Music...

Now I have another question. I have a batch file on my desktop now to run the programm, before I just double clicked the jar file to run the programm. It's not working that way anymore , not a big deal, it's even easier that way, I'm just curious.
Jensen Määäm 8:02 AM - 28 February, 2012
Syndic8, both files where stored in the same folder, that was not the problem.
I explained, what the problem was...
How should someone know if you are not a programmer or something? Windows is misleading you by showing you the wrong names (for the path) when it needs other names...
Jensen Määäm 8:27 AM - 28 February, 2012
I appreciate your help! But it's working now and I tried to explain, that Windows kinda misleads user, you don't experience those things if your are running your system in english...
Jensen Määäm 1:43 PM - 28 February, 2012
It's all good, I appreciate your help!
DJXL 2:13 PM - 5 April, 2012
Hey Roman, I read your article on serato-itch sync on the net and did everything that was required. I keep getting this error message "Unable to load config file 'itch-sync.properites'. Can you help me resolve this issue?
Konix 3:18 PM - 5 April, 2012
That means either you didn't name/save the file correctly, or it's not in the same folder/location as the main program's .jar file.
DJ Urkel Dee 8:15 PM - 5 April, 2012
Konix, I'm getting a failure message that says "Scanning media library /Music Drive/Serato Music...
Are you sure you specified the right patch in the config file?

btw my music is on a external drive
DJ Urkel Dee 9:42 PM - 5 April, 2012
Ok... I figured out the problem with that error... I needed to add /"Volume" /Music Drive/Serato Music...

Remember adding /Volume at the beginning on both is crucial if your music is on an externa; drive.
larrydogvip1 11:38 PM - 7 April, 2012
I am new to this and I do not know much about computers and windows paths to download from.. can anyone remote desktop me and install this sync tool for me please.
larrydogvip1 12:41 AM - 8 April, 2012
can u remote desktop and install the sync tool please......
larrydogvip1 12:46 AM - 8 April, 2012
My email address is venwellrowan@yahoo.com ..... send me desktop remote instructions.
Dj Stian 6:19 PM - 14 April, 2012
Hi! I have one problem i hope someone could help me with!
I can sync everything perfect and it works. But when i have organized my columns. I like to have "filename" so i had to add that to every crates i have. When every thing is don it works great until i add new songs. When i use the "itch-sync-0_1_4" every thing works, the new songs have been added and works. But every columns have been reset to default. :-( is there something i do wrong ore something i have to do so i don't have to organize my columns every time i add new music?
Dj Stian 9:57 AM - 15 April, 2012
I did that ones but it does'nt show any more. When i do some changes in Itch it does'nt show when i quit!!
Dj Stian 11:30 AM - 15 April, 2012
The backup folder or bought the backup and _serat_ folder?
Dj Stian 2:29 PM - 15 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I did that ones but it does'nt show any more. When i do some changes in Itch it does'nt show when i quit!!

in your music folder theres a serato folder delete this then start Itch and set up your columns again then shut itch down and the message will come up tick the check box... exit then restart Itch

That didn't work for me :( Every columns get reset to default when i update my music!!
ARGH!!! I start to rely hate Itch right now!
Dj Stian 9:48 PM - 15 April, 2012
Okay! I made it!!!! Finaly after 2 days :P
The only thing i had to do was to go into setup, library and unchecked " Custom create columns"

Now i can finally start to organize my music more!
Joey Tunes 6:45 PM - 29 April, 2012
This worked great on my import of music on my hard drive. But, what if I have music on an external as well? Is there a way to list 2 locations and import 2 different master crates?

I'm guessing I could just rename the location on the "itch-sync.properties" file and run the script again. Just wondering if this is the most efficient way.

In the meantime...this is nice!
Joey Tunes 8:24 PM - 29 April, 2012
Quote:
Its possible... which ever hard drive has most of your music on use itch sync to map your crates example most of my music is on my external drive so I direct itch sync to map my external drive..
firstly run itch sync then run Itch 2.2 once Itch has finished loading all your crates and sub crates... drag over any other folders that you have from other drives manually into the crate area but make sure you tick the save box when you exit Itch 2.2 so that it can remember all your crates

to my knowledge this is the only way to do this :)

Thank you for the quick reply. I tried to run it again and I think I goofed up. Now, Itch gets hung up and says a warning that there's an error loading specific folders. But, it won't finish loading up Itch and I can't do anything. No idea what to do now...
Big Pops 3:32 AM - 16 June, 2012
Hey I am having problems when i try to open the itch sync jar i am getting a message saying error occurred, please inspect the main window with log for details. Could some one help me with this,seems some guys get it to work.
Big Pops 3:55 AM - 16 June, 2012
See attached

mode=gui

music.library.filesystem="/Volumes/Go Flex/JRP Music"

music.library.itch="/Volumes/Go Flex/_Serato_"
Jensen Määäm 6:50 AM - 16 June, 2012
You have a Mac, do you? Where is you music library, intern or extern?
No " "

code.google.com

For Mac OS, the properties file should look like:
# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/Users/ralekseenkov/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Music

music.library.itch=/Users/ralekseenkov/Music/_Serato_

Konix made a vid about it: Watchwww.youtube.com
Fuidawg 10:53 AM - 16 June, 2012
Has anyone who has used his tool run into memory issues, since serato itch had an issue with too many crates causes it to hang so I wonder if that issue has been fixed once you match the crates to your folder colletion
Jensen Määäm 11:20 AM - 16 June, 2012
Konix explains in his vid, how to write the path, when you are using an external hard drive.
If I remember, right.
+
if you are using an external drive to store all your music...
you need to specify the underscore Serato underscore folder on the root levwel of your external drive

itch properties files must be in the same folder/place where the jar file is located
Jensen Määäm 11:23 AM - 16 June, 2012
Quote:
Has anyone who has used his tool run into memory issues, since serato itch had an issue with too many crates causes it to hang so I wonder if that issue has been fixed once you match the crates to your folder colletion

How many are too many?
I have 23 crates und 97 subcrates - no problems here.
Fuidawg 11:36 AM - 16 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

How many are too many?
I have 23 crates und 97 subcrates - no problems here.

Oh that's nothing, I have 193 subcrates and 100 crates, but that's not everything, I know Serato had a memory issue if you had a lot of crates, just curious if anyone has run into, I wan't to use this tool to match the hard drive directories but wondering if the memory issue with too many crates is still there, I have 8gs ram
nik39 1:09 PM - 16 June, 2012
It's still there and practically the amount of ram for your doesn't have any impact. SL is a 32bit app and therefore can only address 2/4 GB RAM
Big Pops 2:16 PM - 16 June, 2012
I have a Mac and I am using a extrtnal drive. Could you do example how that drive should look.
Konix 2:30 PM - 16 June, 2012
Ok, let say the external drive's name is "My Book," and let's say the folder I keep all my music is in
~/Music/DJ Music/all the other folders

then your .properties file should look like

Quote:

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/My Book/Music/DJ Music/

music.library.itch=/Volumes/My Book/_Serato_/
Konix 2:35 PM - 16 June, 2012
And if you still can't get it to work, we can remote desktop and I'll set it up for you. You'll need to download this small program for us to remote desktop share, TeamViewer... www.teamviewer.com , just download the "Join a Remote Control Session" link. There's nothing to install, just open the program and it will give you a 9-digit ID and 4-digit password. Private Message those numbers to me and I'll connect and get you set up.
DJ Cs 9:56 PM - 16 June, 2012
Konix, check your PM.
darkfade 1:29 AM - 17 June, 2012
It appears that it can only read one "music.library.filesystem=" entry per .properties file. I use multiple drives, one for music and one for videos.

i thought doing
music.library.filesystem=D://Music
music.library.filesystem=F://Videos

would create crates for both drives, i was also curious as to what _serato_ path to use, the one on the music drive or the videos drive or both?

attempting to test it, it will only read the first listed music.library.filesystem= and ignore the other, so technically you'd have to run two .properties files to sync.

is there a possible fix for this?
darkfade 1:39 AM - 17 June, 2012
also, this simple application has got to be the most useful thing i've ever used.. thanks for doing th is Roman :)
Jensen Määäm 8:58 AM - 17 June, 2012
^The answer is yes, for external hard drives.
Jensen Määäm 2:54 PM - 17 June, 2012
^You are welcome!
nik39 5:36 AM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
It's still there and practically the amount of ram for your doesn't have any impact. SL is a 32bit app and therefore can only address 2/4 GB RAM

Totally agree with you there why doesn't Serato bring out 64bit version would that fix the problem?

That won't solve the problem. SL simply uses too much memory. Buuug ;-)
dj-nice 7:06 AM - 18 June, 2012
Quote:
SL simply uses too much memory. Buuug ;-)

Same Problem with itch 1.x and extreme with 2.x.
.....1,8 GB RAM only for Itch
djrodflash 8:21 PM - 3 July, 2012
can somebody tell how to copy the code for serato itch sync,my music is stored on my external hard drive (g)
djrodflash 8:24 PM - 3 July, 2012
i don't go online with my gig laptop,can i copy this on a flash drive
Jensen Määäm 8:24 PM - 3 July, 2012
Did you watch the vid Konix has made about it?
Did you read the - how to - on the website?
djrodflash 8:42 PM - 3 July, 2012
a little confusing,i'm not really good with computers
djrodflash 8:43 PM - 3 July, 2012
can i download the program to a flash drive
darkfade 8:56 PM - 3 July, 2012
just put the .jar and .properties file on the flash drive.. simple. then edit the .properties file to the location of the music/serato crates on your external.
Jensen Määäm 9:03 PM - 3 July, 2012
I just copied, what I've written before:

You have a Mac, do you? Where is you music library, intern or extern?
No " "

For Mac OS, the properties file should look like:
# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/Users/ralekseenkov/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Music

music.library.itch=/Users/ralekseenkov/Music/_Serato_

Konix made a vid about it, watch it!
Watchwww.youtube.com
djrodflash 10:30 PM - 9 July, 2012
still no luck
djrodflash 10:33 PM - 9 July, 2012
can somebody help me with this using team viewer
Konix 10:38 PM - 9 July, 2012
PM your team viewer ID and password.
djrodflash 10:52 PM - 9 July, 2012
id-771 891 803
pw-7925
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:21 PM - 17 July, 2012
I also use this product. Is there a way to not delete additional crates created in itch. i.e I have a folder on my hard drive called slow jams, other music may be in folder by the artist. So in itch I dragged music from other artist and put in slow jam folder in itch only. If I run itch sync project the songs that are not in the slow jam folder on hard drive are gone from the slow jam crate in itch. Sorry if this is long but I tried to put all details.

Thanks for any help
Konix 5:38 PM - 17 July, 2012
Unfortunately no, if you have a crate the same name as a folder already, the current contents of the crate will get overwritten with whatever is in the folder.
DJ Jazzy-Lu 5:25 PM - 19 July, 2012
Thanks Konix, I thought that would be the answer.Maybe I will call the folder I make in itch something else, slow jams 2 maybe. At least that way it will still be there. The long way would be to make sure all the Genre names are slow jams then sort by that. That seems like a lot of work. Oh well its gonna be a late night soon.
Flavamixx 9:39 PM - 5 August, 2012
Konix, I really need some help with this. I just sent you a message on your youtube video. I have been following these instructions and nothing is working..Man Im frustrated....
Jensen Määäm 9:19 AM - 6 August, 2012
Flavamixx, 1st question: do you use a Mac or a pc? 2nd question: is your music library intern or extern?
Flavamixx 2:11 PM - 7 August, 2012
Ok guys, after 2 days I finally got it to work last night. Let me explain what gave me problems so that maybe it can help somebody else out.

Jensen, I am on an iMac, and my music library was on an external hard drive. Here was the problem: somehow, there was a "1" added to the end of the name for my external hard drive. When I would click on the external to get the path to my music files, the "1" was not showing up. That number 1 after the name also does not show up on the external drive icon in finder. However, last night, for some reason I right clicked on the external hard drive icon on my desk top, and clicked on get info just to see how much space was available, and I noticed that there was a 1 after the name of my external drive..Then the light went off...I went back to the program, and bingo bango!!!! Success....

Also, the first time I did it I had multiple copies that showed up in Itch. I quickly realized that what caused this was that I had the same song in several different folders.

Hopes this helps save some else the headaches I went through,, and thanks Jensen Määäm for responding.......
Jensen Määäm 3:02 PM - 7 August, 2012
^You are welcome! I know the feeling, when you get it to work finally!
djrodflash 11:49 PM - 10 September, 2012
when my crates load,why do the sub crates open
djrodflash 11:52 PM - 10 September, 2012
is there a way my crates can open without the sub crates opening , it takes to much time going to each crate and collapsing the sub crates
dj-nice 6:07 AM - 11 September, 2012
this happens for me, when i switch between Version 1.x and Version 2.x. After run Itch 1.7 all Subcrates are openend when startung Version 2.x
djrodflash 10:10 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
is there a way my crates can open without the sub crates opening , it takes to much time going to each crate and collapsing the sub crates

go into your serato itch settings and un-check the include sub crate option

thanks
djrodflash 10:27 PM - 11 September, 2012
Quote:
this happens for me, when i switch between Version 1.x and Version 2.x. After run Itch 1.7 all Subcrates are openend when startung Version 2.x

Quote:
Quote:

go into your serato itch settings and un-check the include sub crate option

thanks
djrodflash 10:28 PM - 11 September, 2012
thanks @ DjSyndic8
danshus 11:35 PM - 12 September, 2012
I'm trying to use serato-sync version 0.2 on a pc. I have the latest version of java installed. My problem is after i create my configuration files, when i run serato-sync, it opens a serato sync window but nothing happens??? My configuration file is saved in the same directory as the serato sync file and contains an extension .rules I've tried everything but cannot seem to get it to work. my settings are as follows
#mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=G:\\Carlos Hard Drive

#path to your serato library
music.library.itch=G:\\_Serato_
danshus 8:12 AM - 13 September, 2012
Ahh, that is interesting. I used 0.1.4 and it somewhat worked. However it would freeze serato before it would finish syncing. That's when I discovered 0.2 which is just called serato sync not itch sync. I was under the impression that this was an update fixing any issues in 0.1.4. So I guess my issue is now the freezing of serato when using 0.1.4. Do u have any idea on possible causes of that? By the way, your response is much appreciated because i have been fighting with this for 2 days now.
danshus 8:12 AM - 13 September, 2012
Ahh, that is interesting. I used 0.1.4 and it somewhat worked. However it would freeze serato before it would finish syncing. That's when I discovered 0.2 which is just called serato sync not itch sync. I was under the impression that this was an update fixing any issues in 0.1.4. So I guess my issue is now the freezing of serato when using 0.1.4. Do u have any idea on possible causes of that? By the way, your response is much appreciated because i have been fighting with this for 2 days now.
danshus 8:35 AM - 13 September, 2012
Here is the link for version 0.2 released May 2011. This is what I thought was the latest version and hence this is the version i was trying to use code.google.com Let me know if I'm wrong
Konix 2:01 PM - 14 September, 2012
Humm, I never seen that page or version. It looks to be an entirely (updated) different version/program. The download link does not work though.

Quote:
serato-sync is a helpful utility which allows to map your music collection to Serato library. It's an improved version of code.google.com (Serato-Itch Sync)

Serato Sync vs Serato-Itch Sync. Humm.
danshus 2:59 PM - 14 September, 2012
Ya, that download link didn't work but if you look on the top left of the webpage under the issues tab, someone has provided a link in which they have re loaded the original file and that link works. Once you check it out, you will see a new serato-sync file which claims to be the upgraded version of 0.1.4. The new sync file requires you to make a config file in notepad (i'm using windows) and save it with the extension .rules I've done all of this and the serato sync opens, but nothing happens. The new page also details the improvements made from version 0.1.4 If you check it out, let me know. For now i'm trying to get 0.1.4 to work without freezing
Konix 3:33 PM - 14 September, 2012
Ahh, good catch. Ok so I downloaded it too. Indeed it looks to be an updated version. However, why Roman never mentioned it? Where has he gone too, seems he's abandon both projects. But as to this newer version, looks pretty strait forward and appears you can do a whole lot more with it, like multiple syncs, sync only certain folders to certain crates, etc. But he gives no documentation. Just opening the .rules file you get

Quote:
drive-base-path: <someone's path> (this is where you put in your folder path)
serato-base-path: autodetect

run backup-serato-db

run sync

run prune-serato-db

Put in my path and tried it out. Worked fine. Wish there was more documentation though and all the optional parameters.
danshus 4:16 PM - 14 September, 2012
Ya so the documentation on how to write the proper java scripts is the problem. From what I'm gathering, you want me to copy the exact quotes that you provided in java. Just replace the someone's path with my path to my music library and it should work??? How did you figure out the java script?? I'm gonna try it now saving the file as serato-sync.rules and see what happens
danshus 4:37 PM - 14 September, 2012
So it looks like he wrote the .rules file for a mac.. Would it be the same for a pc cause i tried it and it didn't work.
danshus 4:52 PM - 14 September, 2012
Hey Konix, would you mind posting the .rules file for windows external drive seeing as i cannot open the rules file with my notepad? Thanks in advance
Konix 5:10 PM - 14 September, 2012
Well that's what I'm saying about no documentation, like how to setup the rule file manually depending on OS and int or ext drive, the optional parameters, etc.

It states on the page

Quote:

Download the rule file template which better fits your needs and put it into the same directory where the program is:

Mac OS, external drive
Mac OS, internal drive
Windows, external drive
Windows, internal drive

However, I don't see any download links for any of the rule files. I just used the one that was provided in the download, which appears to only be for Mac OS, internal drive I guess (which luckily is what I use), and it worked fine. So, I don't know.
danshus 10:04 PM - 14 September, 2012
Wow, i guess you got lucky. I'm gonna try and figure it out. If you have any info or explanation as to why 0.1.4 is freezing my serato... pls let me know. Thanks again
DJ Cs 4:31 AM - 17 September, 2012
If you guys want to try a GUI based Sync program for Serato Itch and ScratchLive, check out this thread:

serato.com

This just follows up on the excellent Serato Itch sync project and Scratch Tools programs that are out there.
danshus 10:00 PM - 17 September, 2012
Just checked it out. Looks really good. I would def be interested. I finally got itch-sync to work. The problem was my library was too big and thus causing the scratch live to freeze. If you're working with a big library, you have to import it piece by piece. After each small portion, run itch-sync, then open serato, let it read tags and create crates. Then close serato, add more files to folder and repeat process till you're all done. I hope this can help someone. BtW my library was 410 gigs.... obviously too much to import at one time
DJ Cs 10:35 PM - 17 September, 2012
Quote:
Just checked it out. Looks really good. I would def be interested. I finally got itch-sync to work. The problem was my library was too big and thus causing the scratch live to freeze. If you're working with a big library, you have to import it piece by piece. After each small portion, run itch-sync, then open serato, let it read tags and create crates. Then close serato, add more files to folder and repeat process till you're all done. I hope this can help someone. BtW my library was 410 gigs.... obviously too much to import at one time

That is exactly the way I would recommend doing it as well.

Programs like this work so quickly, they can synch thousands of files in a matter of minutes, so it's hard for Itch/ScratchLive to handle that volume coming in.
Zep 11:06 PM - 17 September, 2012
The new program is available at alchimiedj.com, you can download it for free there and try it out. I've been beta testing it and it looks pretty good.
danshus 12:07 AM - 18 September, 2012
Can this new program sync an itunes library. I tried syncing my itunes library with itch-sync and it didnt work. Maybe because of the way itunes saves files... such as compilations and I believe itunes saves files by artist and not playlist???
Zep 12:09 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Can this new program sync an itunes library. I tried syncing my itunes library with itch-sync and it didnt work. Maybe because of the way itunes saves files... such as compilations and I believe itunes saves files by artist and not playlist???

Yep! As long as you know where the files are on your hard drive, simply add the directorys to Alchimie Zinc. From that point on, any time you add new MP3 (or other media files), when you sync, it will pick them up and inject them into the serato crate structure.
danshus 12:14 AM - 18 September, 2012
Ok, I will try it cautiously with my itunes library. Just because if I save a song under 90's hip hop lets say... itunes will save that song by artist name and not category, so I'm a bit confused on how it will sync... but i will try
Zep 12:17 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Ok, I will try it cautiously with my itunes library. Just because if I save a song under 90's hip hop lets say... itunes will save that song by artist name and not category, so I'm a bit confused on how it will sync... but i will try

Remember, Alchime Zinc will mirror your hard drive structure only (it doesn't care about the itunes database). Kopix has an excellent video demonstrating this at Watchwww.youtube.com
Zep 12:21 AM - 18 September, 2012
^ Excuse my typos, I meant Konix.....:) Been a long day.
danshus 12:36 AM - 18 September, 2012
Okay I checked out the link and still dont think it would work with itunes. Just because the folders in my itunes media folder all are by artist name. It's not manually organized like you had it on your hard drive because you created it yourself. For example, i have folders like biggie small, 50 cent , usher etc... so how is it gonna know what crate to put the songs in. The only reason my folders look like this is because I let itunes organize them unfortunately........
Zep 12:45 AM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Okay I checked out the link and still dont think it would work with itunes. Just because the folders in my itunes media folder all are by artist name. It's not manually organized like you had it on your hard drive because you created it yourself. For example, i have folders like biggie small, 50 cent , usher etc... so how is it gonna know what crate to put the songs in. The only reason my folders look like this is because I let itunes organize them unfortunately........

Danshus, you can download the program for free and try it to see if it works. If you have questions or enhancement requests, just send an email to support (at) alchimiedj (dot) com.
danshus 12:48 AM - 18 September, 2012
ok sounds good
Jensen Määäm 9:14 AM - 28 September, 2012
Sup folks, little problem, a friend of mine is on a Mac, he has 2 hardrives inbuilt, one has the OS on it and the otherone contents his music archive (name of the HD is GigDrive, folder of his music archive is VIDEO). We try to handle it like an external file...

music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/GigDrive/VIDEO/

music.library.itch=/Volumes/GigDrive/_Serato_/

the jar and the properties file are stored in the same location
the _Serato_ folder is stored on the root level of the 2nd drive (GigDrive)

We are getting this error:
"The required config option 'music.library.filesystem' is not specified"

What are we doing wrong?
Thanks in advance, folks!
nik39 7:45 AM - 29 September, 2012
Wipe that file and recreate it from scratch. There might be invisible special characters in it.
Jensen Määäm 8:07 AM - 29 September, 2012
^We will try that. Thank you nik39!
Jensen Määäm 10:50 AM - 2 October, 2012
He wiped that properties file and made a new one, from scratch...it's still not working, same error message.
Does anybody uses the itch-serato-syn program on a Mac with 2 HDs inbuilt? One for the OS and one for the music library?
Jensen Määäm 1:01 AM - 6 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
He wiped that properties file and made a new one, from scratch...it's still not working, same error message.
Does anybody uses the itch-serato-syn program on a Mac with 2 HDs inbuilt? One for the OS and one for the music library?

I do

and yes the properties files is slightly different to the windows one if you are using a external hard drive just make sure you put "volumes" in front of the directory location like this

Quote:
music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/GigDrive/VIDEO/

music.library.itch=/Volumes/GigDrive/_Serato_/

also maybe look into this more simpler application similar to Itch sync but easier
serato.com

Thank you for the response! But you quoted what we have written and used. So I am a little confused/irritaded.
I wrote that down, we put Volumes infront of it.
Just to show my buddy, we can get it to work, I have installed it on his backup pc, with just one inbuilt hardrive, but we can't get it to work on his Mac with these 2 hardrives inbuilt and I don't know why.
_Jinj_ 8:55 AM - 24 October, 2012
Hello,

Is there any possibilities to add FLAC and other missing format support ?
or
any possibilities to add what extension we want to be sync in the .properties file ?

like :

music.library.files=flac;mp3;wav;ect;ect

It will be much apreciated !

Thx in advance !
djrodflash 12:16 AM - 15 March, 2013
my hard drive name is FreeAgent GoFlex Drive,my music is stored on this hard drive,how would i set this up in the serato itch sync program
Jensen Määäm 7:37 AM - 15 March, 2013
Quote:
my hard drive name is FreeAgent GoFlex Drive,my music is stored on this hard drive,how would i set this up in the serato itch sync program

Do you have a Mac or a PC?
Do you have your music on your hardive or on an external?
There are differences in the setup...

Look it up:
code.google.com

or watch the vid Konix made:
Watchwww.youtube.com
djrodflash 1:52 PM - 15 March, 2013
mac
djrodflash 1:54 PM - 15 March, 2013
my music is store on my external drive
Konix 8:59 PM - 15 March, 2013
It will look like this...

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=/Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive/<main music folder name>/

music.library.itch=/Volumes/FreeAgent GoFlex Drive/_Serato_/
Jensen Määäm 11:53 AM - 16 March, 2013
From Konix vid: "if you are using an external drive to store all your music...
you need to specify the underscore Serato underscore folder on the root level of your external drive."
darkfade 5:15 AM - 8 April, 2013
depending on what serato application you're using, it may be _ScratchLive_ or _Serato_ , or something similar. To minimize complications, i just move my crates folder to the external drive and direct the sync to the same drive.

i find the mac file system to be somewhat annoying that you have to put the /volumes/drivelettername/source syntax. PC is way easier but the waveforms on mac are so silky smooth :D
Tomy B 11:19 PM - 10 December, 2013
Okay Guys, the synchronisation has worked, but an error is appearing after opening Serato Dj :

All new musics added is in yellow, because there location is in C:\ wheras there're stored is my external drive G:\

Here my config file

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=G:\\Music

music.library.itch=C:\\Users\\Thomas\\Music\\_Serato_

What I should do in order to correct it ?
Konix 12:20 AM - 11 December, 2013
Actually, it has to be this...

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.itch=G:\\_Serato_\

Whatever drive your music on is the drive you have to specify for the _Serato_ folder location. For external drives, the _Serato_ folder is on the root level.
Tomy B 5:19 PM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
Actually, it has to be this...

# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.itch=G:\\_Serato_

Whatever drive your music on is the drive you have to specify for the _Serato_ folder location. For external drives, the _Serato_ folder is on the root level.

I've tried this, and always the same : all music are highlighted in yellow and there location, is C:\\Music and not G:\\ music
Tomy B 1:12 PM - 12 December, 2013
In fact, it's not possible I put my music on my C.

I explain : I've moved all my musics form external to my internal drive.

So,now, all music are on D:

My C is a SSD, I can't put all my musics
Jensen Määäm 2:23 PM - 12 December, 2013
If you have 2 internal drives, you have to handle the 2nd internal drive like an external drive in this case.
chrisf_123 1:04 PM - 29 December, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm a new Serato user and have also been using the tool to sync my folders to a serato-library. Great tool, nice and simple...

So far I've been using version 0.14 of "serato itch sync", but it appears there is a newer version 0.2 available: code.google.com

-> This one has the nice feature to allow multiple folders/drives to be synched to Serato DJ.

However, the download-link on the beforementioned page seems to be dead.

Does anyone know where to get this file?

Thanks in an advance!

Best Regards from Munich/Germany,
Chris
dj-nice 1:08 PM - 29 December, 2013
try this
code.google.com
chrisf_123 3:05 PM - 29 December, 2013
Thanks, that was too easy... Didn't have the idea to look into this...

However, I couldn't get it to run. If anyone has an example rule file for windows, I'd be very grateful ;)

Thanks again!
Dj Ricky Redz 12:40 PM - 30 December, 2013
really wish i could help with this...
Jensen Määäm 12:47 PM - 30 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have a Mac or a PC?
Do you have your music on your hardive or on an external?
There are differences in the setup...

Look it up:
code.google.com

or watch the vid Konix made:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Quote:
Thanks, that was too easy... Didn't have the idea to look into this...

However, I couldn't get it to run. If anyone has an example rule file for windows, I'd be very grateful ;)

Thanks again!
Dj Ricky Redz 2:36 PM - 6 January, 2014
who knows about the serato-sync program?? and how to create a rule file???
Konix 7:05 PM - 6 January, 2014
This Serato-Sync is an updated (but apparently, uncompleted) version of Itch-Sync. A user complied a version that does work for Mac internal drive's (I've tested it and it works, very well, actually), but I can't for the life of me get it to work on Windows.

The rule file should look like this...

Quote:

drive-base-path: </put in your path/>

serato-base-path: </put in your path/> or autodetect

run backup-serato-db

run sync

run prune-serato-db

I've tried many different combinations for Windows; drive letter, no drive letter, forward slashes, back slashes, double forward slashes, double forward slashes, etc. Nothing. It sees the rule file as it loads it in the bottom, but nothing happens, just a blank window, not even any type of error report. I can only surmise that the version this person complied is for Mac's only.
Dj Ricky Redz 4:29 PM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
This Serato-Sync is an updated (but apparently, uncompleted) version of Itch-Sync. A user complied a version that does work for Mac internal drive's (I've tested it and it works, very well, actually), but I can't for the life of me get it to work on Windows.

The rule file should look like this...

Quote:

run backup-serato-db

run sync

run prune-serato-db

I've tried many different combinations for Windows; drive letter, no drive letter, forward slashes, back slashes, double forward slashes, double forward slashes, etc. Nothing. It sees the rule file as it loads it in the bottom, but nothing happens, just a blank window, not even any type of error report. I can only surmise that the version this person complied is for Mac's only.

Thanks for the reply but i messed around with it a bit and got it working!
Im using a mac and my hard drive has 2 partitions, one for the os and the other for music.
Konix 4:34 PM - 10 January, 2014
Yeah I can get it to work fine on my Mac, works great actually, but it just doesn't seem to work on Windows.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:45 AM - 11 January, 2014
Is it exactly the same as itch-sync? Cant we just rename Itch-sync to Serato-Sync? :)
inProgress 7:58 PM - 28 February, 2014
First of all: thanks for this tool, great idea.
But somehow it does not work.
I type:
# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=C:\\Users\\Kevin\\Music\\DJ

music.library.itch=C:\\Users\\Kevin\\Music\\_Serato_

What do I do wrong? It says the required config option 'music.library.filesystem' is not specified.
Thanks in advance for any help! :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:36 PM - 28 February, 2014
looks like you have too many " \\" should only be one
Konix 10:37 PM - 28 February, 2014
Windows has to use double blackslashes, or you can use single forward slash.
inProgress 8:13 AM - 1 March, 2014
Well, I use Windows 8, internal drive.
My Java is higher than 1.5. Both the java file and the properties dada are on my desktop. My Version of Serato DJ is 1.6.
inProgress 8:23 PM - 5 March, 2014
Sorry, it's me again. As you see I used double backslashes and also tried to use single forward slahes. Does not work either.
If the text is right, the only possibility left is that I have used a wrong path.
Can anyone please help me?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:25 PM - 12 March, 2014
Quote:

run backup-serato-db

run sync

run prune-serato-db

How do I use the 2.0 version?? Can you post your rule file so I can see how its supposed to be please?? I use both internal and external.
DJ Hlias K. 5:20 PM - 16 March, 2014
i have a problem... "error occured.please inspect main window with logs for details"
ShonkaiDJ 12:23 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
then it should look like this

Quote:
# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=D:\Dj Music

music.library.itch=D:\\_Serato_

Don't forget the double backslash. It is mentioned in the explanation part. Where you are used to D:\, apparently in java it is D:\\ or itch-sync won't work. It works perfectly for me. I have actually added an extra line "music.library.filesystem=" to sync visiting DJ's USB storage. Now all I want is my playlists.
I sort my music in mediamonkey. music.library.playlists= would be great.

make sure you dont plug your external drive in when you run serato dj
ShonkaiDJ 12:26 PM - 23 April, 2014
Don't forget the double backslash. It is mentioned in the explanation part. Where you are used to D:\, apparently in java it is D:\\ or itch-sync won't work. It works perfectly for me. I have actually added an extra line "music.library.filesystem=" to sync visiting DJ's USB storage. Now all I want is my playlists.
I sort my music in mediamonkey. music.library.playlists= would be great.
Quote:
then it should look like this

Quote:
# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=D:\Dj Music

music.library.itch=D:\\_Serato_

ShonkaiDJ 12:28 PM - 23 April, 2014
Ok, double comment for messing the quote up and repeating what has been said already. Cleaning up my own comments would be a nice feature here...
ozfrombk 4:13 AM - 16 June, 2014
This is no longer working for me for some reason. I am certain I followed instructions fully.
ozfrombk 1:21 PM - 16 June, 2014
Whoops. Spoke too soon on it. Works fine now! Thanks.
Dj M.o.o.N 9:16 AM - 27 June, 2014
Hi,

is there a possibility to post the rule file template for Serato-Sync (Mac)?
From this site (code.google.com) I cant download.

Please need help!!!
Br
Tayfun
Dj M.o.o.N 1:43 PM - 27 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

is there a possibility to post the rule file template for Serato-Sync (Mac)?
From this site (code.google.com) I cant download.

Please need help!!!
Br
Tayfun

why dont you use Itch Sync so simple to use code.google.com

Thank you DjSyndic8.

I thought it will not work with SSL + Itch

I will try....
DJOlynD 3:52 AM - 6 August, 2014
Ok, if I missed this in the thread, I apologize. I have a second drive in my MBP that only has videos on it (Mostly MP4 & MOV) How can I get Serato Itch Sync to see that too?
DjSyndic8 12:00 AM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Ok, if I missed this in the thread, I apologize. I have a second drive in my MBP that only has videos on it (Mostly MP4 & MOV) How can I get Serato Itch Sync to see that too?

it cant, you'll have to use Alchemie Zinc alchimiedj.com

it can read from crates created from 2 drives
DJOlynD 12:26 AM - 7 August, 2014
it cant, you'll have to use Alchemie Zinc alchimiedj.com

it can read from crates created from 2 drives

Thanks for your reply.
Does it work the same way as Itch Sync?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:26 AM - 7 August, 2014
If your on a Mac itch sync 2.0 can read 2 different drives. I use all the time.
DJOlynD 4:31 AM - 8 August, 2014
Quote:
If your on a Mac itch sync 2.0 can read 2 different drives. I use all the time.

Thanks for your input SOUNDSURGENT. Do you just enter a scone command line after the first with the correct drive/file listed?
DJOlynD 4:57 PM - 8 August, 2014
SOUNDSURGENT, after thinking about it, are you talking about "Serato Itch" or "Serato-Itch-Sync?" Serato Sync Itch is a 3rd party software to sync crates. Just wanted to make sure we are on the same page. (This entire thread is about code.google.com)
Konix 12:59 PM - 10 August, 2014
Serato Sync (code.google.com) is the improved and updated version of Itch-Sync.
DjSyndic8 12:38 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
Serato Sync (code.google.com) is the improved and updated version of Itch-Sync.

download link must be down but I have no issues with Itch Sync what new features does this serato sync have differently besides the name
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:08 AM - 11 August, 2014
You can sync internal drives and external drives at once.
DjSyndic8 1:21 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
You can sync internal drives and external drives at once.

Oh ok
Konix 4:04 PM - 11 August, 2014
Serato Sync unfortunately never seemed to be released officially, there's a link on the Issues page ( code.google.com ) that has a download, someone recompiled from the source code, but it only seems to work for Macs only. Shame both Itch-Sync and Serato Sync are abandonware.
DJOlynD 10:27 PM - 25 August, 2014
So, the question is STILL, how do you sync to different folders or drives?
Konix 6:09 PM - 26 August, 2014
As stated, the newer Serato Sync program can sync different folder and drives, but it only works for Macs.

Alchemie Zinc can also sync multiple drives I believe, but it's not free.
DJOlynD 6:15 PM - 26 August, 2014
Is the code posted anywhere?
ShonkaiDJ 8:07 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Serato Sync unfortunately never seemed to be released officially, there's a link on the Issues page ( code.google.com ) that has a download, someone recompiled from the source code, but it only seems to work for Macs only. Shame both Itch-Sync and Serato Sync are abandonware.

It works on my Windows (10 even). Now all I wish is that I'd organize my music in folders only. But my final management is in ID3 tags. And the use of playlists is utterly limited for some crazy reason. It could have been so simple but money and greed......
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:41 PM - 25 August, 2015
I'm still using itch-sync Thanks Roman again! :)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:00 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It works on my Windows (10 even). Now all I wish is that I'd organize my music in folders only. But my final management is in ID3 tags. And the use of playlists is utterly limited for some crazy reason. It could have been so simple but money and greed......

Can you give an example of the code you used on the windows side, please??

I have it working on the Mac side and even with multiple drives but never could on my Win7/8 (haven't updated to 10 yet).
DjSyndic8 5:38 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:

I have it working on the Mac side and even with multiple drives but never could on my Win7/8 (haven't updated to 10 yet).

the settings you have on mac will work with windows as long as you change the drive letter corresponding to your external , internal drive
ShonkaiDJ 10:31 AM - 26 August, 2015
Not at home at the moment but I'll check for you if I am.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:31 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

the settings you have on mac will work with windows as long as you change the drive letter corresponding to your external , internal drive

Alright cool, I might update my pc to 10 this week then. It's just a backup and I have another if the update really throws things outta wack.

Kinda weird that it works with 10 but not with 7 or 8?? Wonder what's changed....
ShonkaiDJ 7:20 PM - 26 August, 2015
It worked in 7 and now still works in W10. The only problem I have with W10 is the old 'profile' I think. The 'new' start menu doesn't work as it should but like in W8/8.1 i use ' 'Classic start menu'. And that will give me the correct search results and the correct list of all the programs I have installed.
ShonkaiDJ 7:37 PM - 26 August, 2015
# mode - gui vs. cmd
mode=gui

music.library.filesystem=M:\\Mijn Muziek\\MP3

music.library.itch=M:\\Mijn Muziek\\MP3\\_Serato_

# deletes all existing crates from serato library prior to sync, as well as all tracks from "All" view
music.library.itch.clear-before-sync=true

In the above, the code used in the file called 'Itch-sync.properties'. Very important: there is NO other extension then .properties (not .txt or .rtf or anything, just .properties).
The other utterly important thing to notice is how the double backslash is used. A single backslash as you would normally use will NOT work.
You can use as many lines:
[music.library.itch=]
to point out different music locations as you want. I would advise to use Notepad++ as an editor. Just Notepad.exe will work fine too, but in ++ you will find the advantage when you need to add code.
Using wordpad.exe for example may very well bring you into trouble because it can add invisible code because it is a word-editor, not a script editor. Good luck.
ShonkaiDJ 7:54 PM - 26 August, 2015
Oops, wrong! Adding multiple location does not work, it will only take the last one this way. I'm checking....hold your horses.
ShonkaiDJ 8:10 PM - 26 August, 2015
For those who use folder and file names it's not a problem. Just make sure to have your managed collection in ONE folder or drive only. For me, who would like to keep a flat folder structure it's a bit nasty. I only need part of the folders in the main filesystem music library (-folder). Itch-sync wants one path to a folder only. It will create crates from all folders inside that folder.

I would have to create 17 Itch-sync folders with 17 different tasks. :-P
DjSyndic8 9:10 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Alright cool, I might update my pc to 10 this week then. It's just a backup and I have another if the update really throws things outta wack.

Kinda weird that it works with 10 but not with 7 or 8?? Wonder what's changed....

Most likely your directory of your drive has changed the drive letter of your hard drive
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:59 PM - 26 August, 2015
I think were talking about the 2 different apps??

The first version will only sync from 1 drive where as the 2.0 version will sync from multiple drives but only on the Mac side.
ShonkaiDJ 12:51 PM - 27 August, 2015
Guys. I thought I knew what we were talking about but now I realize I have no clue.

Two different apps? Version 2.0? Multiple syncs on the Mac side. I've put some energy in trying to help you out, maybe you'd want to help me by directing me to version 2.0 so I can try using multiple folders? Or is that not what you mean?

Syncing in my world is something else then converting folders and files into crates and library objects.

Do you have Itch-sync 2.0 and does it add crates to Serato from different specified directories? Can you send me the code?
Konix 2:35 PM - 27 August, 2015
Yes, there are two versions.

The original Itch-Sync in the very first post up top by Roman Alekseenkov, works on both Mac and Windows, can only sync 1 drive/directory at a time.

The newer Serato-Sync, doesn't appear to be finished. Works on Macs only (trust me, I've tried everything to get it working on Windows, no go), can sync multiple drives/directories. Main page is here... code.google.com, but the download link doesn't work.

Someone posted a recompiled version of Serato-Sync in the issues section, which I assume is why it doesn't work on Windows, only for Macs... code.google.com
nik_mantzou 7:50 AM - 7 October, 2015
hi guys,i 've been using this tool on my windows 7 pc for some months now and everything worked fine,after formatting my computer and reinstalling everything the itch synch tool works but everytime i add some tracks in my folders and synchronise them with the tool,when i open up serato and hit the analyse button nothing happens,so i have to do the analyse manually finding the new tracks and drag and drop them on the analyse button.It is not a big deal but i was wondering why is this happening.
Smiskkissen 9:26 AM - 7 October, 2015
We need to add .flac support for this script.

It seems that it's very simple. Just need to add "(.*)\.flac" to the MediaLibrary.class file in the "filesystem"-folder.

Anyone who has some basic java skills who can do this?
djBooker 3:35 AM - 5 November, 2016
+1.1
Chief2842 9:13 PM - 7 December, 2016
Does anyone have the latest jar file? The one from the website isn't working anymore.

Thanks
DjSyndic8 11:54 PM - 7 December, 2016
Quote:
Does anyone have the latest jar file? The one from the website isn't working anymore.

Thanks

looking for this too
Chief2842 1:12 AM - 8 December, 2016
So it looks like the 0.2 worked for me on my Mac but I got an error during the pruning process. Below is the code I have, I just need to figure out how to delete all the existing crates from serato library prior to syncing, as well as all the tracks from "ALL View" like mentioned in this video. Watchwww.youtube.com

drive-base-path: /Volumes/ELEMENTS/Music/
serato-base-path: autodetect

run backup-serato-db

run sync

run prune-serato-db
Chief2842 1:23 AM - 8 December, 2016
I take that back Serato is crashing during the loading of the crates. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chief2842 1:45 AM - 8 December, 2016
It worked I had to rename the V2 file on my hd and external drive then it took forever to create all the crates and sub-crates I had in external music folder. I am going to re-organize everything over the weekend and run it again with "delete all the existing crates from serato library prior to syncing" added.
DjSyndic8 2:10 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
It worked I had to rename the V2 file on my hd and external drive then it took forever to create all the crates and sub-crates I had in external music folder. I am going to re-organize everything over the weekend and run it again with "delete all the existing crates from serato library prior to syncing" added.

do u have the link for the 0.2 version?
Chief2842 2:12 AM - 8 December, 2016
Here you go. code.google.com
DjSyndic8 2:14 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:

thanks brother :)
DjSyndic8 2:15 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

oops the link didn't work can you drop box the script
Chief2842 2:19 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My bad wrong link here you go.

code.google.com
DjSyndic8 2:21 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My bad wrong link here you go.

code.google.com

appreciated bro :)
DjSyndic8 2:28 AM - 8 December, 2016
totally looks different then the old one im used too I guess it has a lot more scripts then the old one
Chief2842 2:56 AM - 8 December, 2016
Let me know if you figure out how to delete crates before syncing.
DjSyndic8 3:39 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Let me know if you figure out how to delete crates before syncing.

I just go into _Serato_Backup under Subcrates in this folder you will see all your .crates files you can go ahead and delete whatever crates you want then run Itch sync and it should rebuild your folders to crates
Chief2842 3:41 AM - 8 December, 2016
Yea, that was going to be my other option. Did the script work for you?
DjSyndic8 3:46 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
Yea, that was going to be my other option. Did the script work for you?

to be honest Ill have a play with it later I don't wanna mess things up with the weekend looming Itch sync 1.4 works flawlessly for me at the moment,

yer if you want to do a fresh database delete all your crates then rename Database v2 file to database v2_old and serato should create a new database v2 file and it should refresh your whole library I would do this but it will take me about a week to analyze my files cause I have close to 100k files on my external
Chief2842 3:50 AM - 8 December, 2016
I understand. I don't have much going on for a couple of weeks which it's going to take me reorganize everything. I have about the same amount of files on my external as well.
DjSyndic8 4:04 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
I understand. I don't have much going on for a couple of weeks which it's going to take me reorganize everything. I have about the same amount of files on my external as well.

niice one brother yip when you do mobile gigs you never know what they will ask for :)

have you tried the 1.4 version its a much simplified version and all it does is converts folders to crates,

which saves me a hell of a lot of time, at the moment thats the only feature that I'm utilizing at the moment
Chief2842 4:16 AM - 8 December, 2016
That's the one I tried but couldn't get to work because the file wasn't om the website anymore. You got the jar file for that one?
DjSyndic8 5:57 AM - 8 December, 2016
Quote:
That's the one I tried but couldn't get to work because the file wasn't om the website anymore. You got the jar file for that one?

still available for download on this page scroll down
www.java2s.com
DjSyndic8 5:59 AM - 8 December, 2016
and this would be the best tutorial for 1.4 Watchwww.youtube.com
Chief2842 12:58 PM - 8 December, 2016
Appreciate it.
Will08272 9:07 PM - 13 July, 2017
To make matters worse for the new macbooks (2016 and up) the SSD's are non upgradeble.
DjHoneylocks 12:43 AM - 27 January, 2019
Hey all - I'm trying to download Itch Sync for the first time and it's blocking me (on my Mac) saying I need to install a Java Developer Kit. Does this make sense, and what do I download for JDK? I'm searching around online right now, just wondering if maybe Itch Sync doesn't work anymore?
DjSyndic8 2:22 AM - 27 January, 2019
Quote:
Hey all - I'm trying to download Itch Sync for the first time and it's blocking me (on my Mac) saying I need to install a Java Developer Kit. Does this make sense, and what do I download for JDK? I'm searching around online right now, just wondering if maybe Itch Sync doesn't work anymore?

go back to the other thread you replied on in regards to your question... serato.com
DjSyndic8 2:25 AM - 27 January, 2019
Quote:

heres 1.5 github.com

also a tutorial on how to set it up Watchwww.youtube.com

once you set it up then your good to go
and you are right mac does have Java already
rw102 4:59 PM - 10 December, 2019
I use the itch sync method. So far it works fine, but after updating my library by itch sync my personal columns settings are gone and in wrong order.
I prefer Artist - Song - Lenght - Bpm - Key.
It seems that it will go back to the default colums settings of serato after using itch sync.
Anyone a suggestion to fix this?
BiksOfficial 5:21 AM - 6 August, 2020
For some reason when i try to sync the crates using the script the folders do not show up in alphabetical order. Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks in advance.
DjSyndic8 1:00 AM - 10 March, 2021
Quote:
I use the itch sync method. So far it works fine, but after updating my library by itch sync my personal columns settings are gone and in wrong order.
I prefer Artist - Song - Lenght - Bpm - Key.
It seems that it will go back to the default colums settings of serato after using itch sync.
Anyone a suggestion to fix this?

You can redo these columns right click on the columns check or uncheck the columns you don't need.

I've never had them reset after using itch sync nut make sure you save library if prompted when closing serato