Serato Video and Video-SL Help

Need help with Video-SL and Serato Video? Ask here.

TRYING TO SET UP VIDEO SL

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL
Scratch Live
Hardware
iPad mini
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Raynardwells 2:11 AM - 25 August, 2010
Product: video-sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: dont-know
---

I HAVE THE FIRST BOX SERATO BOX THAT WAS OUT I'M NOW GETTING INTO VIDEO SL, DO I NEED TO BUY A RANE MIXER OR CAN I USE WHAT I HAVE OR HAVE TO PURCHASE SOMETHING ELSE.
Raynardwells 2:11 AM - 25 August, 2010
ALSO WHERE CAN I FIND MY KEY FOR MY SERATO IS IT ON THE BOX?
Raynardwells 2:12 AM - 25 August, 2010
THE MIDI CONTROLER IS THAT SEPERATE HARDWARD I HAVE TO BUY?
DJ Tecniq 11:01 AM - 25 August, 2010
You can use any mixer for VSL. If you want to assign your crossfader, channels or buttons with VSL you'll need a dj mixer that is midi capable and a midi interface (which is seperate hardware you'll have to buy). The SL1 will work just fine for vsl.
RafaelM 3:55 PM - 25 August, 2010
Also -

Please do not use Caps Lock.

And in order to actually run Video SL - it must be purchased. VSL is an additional plug in that allows you to spin with MP4 Music Videos within the ScratchLIVE software. VSL costs $199.00 US and can be purchased from this site by clicking the Purchase Button at the top of this page.
Raynardwells 12:54 AM - 26 August, 2010
ok thanks
Raynardwells 12:32 AM - 27 August, 2010
where do I get a video interface to be able to run the system with my vestec mixer?
RafaelM 4:37 PM - 27 August, 2010
There is no Video SL interface. The only way your mixer can control the videos is if your mixer is a Midi mixer. If not - you will have to use some other Midi controller or the Left and Right arrows of your keyboard to fade the Videos.

In order to start playing music videos all you need todo is purchase Video SL.
Raynardwells 6:32 PM - 27 August, 2010
LAST QUESTION I DOWN LOADED THE DEMO FOR NOW CAN I JUST HOOK UP A PROJECTOR TO MY LAPTOP AND RUN THE VIDEO? OR WHAT WILL IT DISPLAY IM USING A MAC BOOK PRO AND HAD TO BE AN ADAPTER FOR VGA
carter 8:06 PM - 27 August, 2010
Again..

Please do not use Caps Lock.

The demo will display the video in window form. You will not be able to display it full screen and it will be watermarked.
Raynardwells 10:03 PM - 27 August, 2010
ok but if I i purchase the software then could I view it through the projector full screen?
carter 10:11 PM - 27 August, 2010
Yes. Once purchased go to setup and key in the registration key. Then you'll have full screen with no watermark.
Raynardwells 10:15 PM - 27 August, 2010
great even though i dong have a midi controler i can still do everything through the laptop correct
carter 10:16 PM - 27 August, 2010
Yes. When you go to key the registration there is a check mark at the bottom to Use Cursor keys to crossfade video. Just use your left and right keys on your keyboard to go back and forth.
Raynardwells 11:50 PM - 27 August, 2010
Thanks carter I once i download it which im about to do I will let you know what help I need.
Raynardwells 11:57 PM - 27 August, 2010
ok once i purchase the download only not the box i do video but through my mixer just my laptop. will this also the sound as well with the lap top. Or the sound strickly goes throught the mixer
Raynardwells 12:01 AM - 28 August, 2010
Let me re type thia sorry. once i purchase the dowload only not the box i can do video through my laptop not the mixer. when i do the video through the mixer will this also control the sound or just the video and the sound has to come from the mixer.
carter 1:04 AM - 28 August, 2010
Audio and video are separate. You do have an SL1 to run the SSL program correct? If so you will run things as you do with the SL 1 box. Audio goes in through the mixer and the video goes out through your connection to the projector or tv. They are two completely separate things unless you use a midi capable mixer like the TTM57-sl, the 68, or one that is midi-mappable through another manufacturer. With the download you are only adding the ability to play the videos.
Raynardwells 1:35 AM - 28 August, 2010
ok i downloaded the software and now it won't take the pin i put in. i did it in lower case and caps. also how do i find my receipt i wrote down the pin but it;s not working. im lost now sorry.
Raynardwells 2:02 AM - 28 August, 2010
OK I GOT THE PIN TO WORK PUT THE WRONG PIN IT WORKING NOW BUT THE SCREEN IS SO BIG ON MY LAPTOP AND IT SHOW THE HOLD SERATO SCREEN AND NOT JUST THE OUT PUT BOX WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THAT.
Raynardwells 2:03 AM - 28 August, 2010
sorry about the capital won't happen again.
Raynardwells 3:45 AM - 28 August, 2010
how do i get the out put box to show the video and the laptop to show my serato?
carter 7:16 AM - 28 August, 2010
Good lord. We're gonna have to draw you a map.
With your secondary display attached, drag the video output box over to that screen. Once it's there click fullscreen in the VSL preview windows. Boom...done.
Raynardwells 10:37 AM - 28 August, 2010
Im sorry if im being a pain but I'm still not getting this where is the secondary display. I have drag the output wndow all over the screen and can't get it to do it. Im assuming the secondary display is the middle display on the SL 1 screen and place it there and hit full screen and my laptop continues to go to full screen as well.
Raynardwells 11:03 AM - 28 August, 2010
Using a mac book pro is there anything that I need to set up in the mac set up menu?
carter 3:08 PM - 28 August, 2010
Raynardwells 4:48 PM - 28 August, 2010
GOT IT WORKING THANK GOD, last but not least when can i find a midi controller?
Raynardwells 4:48 PM - 28 August, 2010
where?
carter 5:53 PM - 28 August, 2010
You'll need a USB to midi convertor like the M-Audio Uno and then for a controller check Pro sound and stage lighting (pssl.com), Guitar Center, or any other online music store. Use the search function to search the forum for recommendations and Google to find the best places/prices/reviews.
DJ Tecniq 2:04 PM - 29 August, 2010
First Raynard what kind of vestec mixer do you have? If it does not have a midi output then you won't be able to assign your crossfader or channels with VSL. You'll need a mixer that has a midi output. Example mixers with midi are the TTM57, Rane 68, Pioneer DJM-700 & 800. And any other mixer that has midi built in. For example I am using a Pioneer DJM-700 with the Cakewalk UM-1G usb interface and I can control the videos with my crossfader and assign channels, buttons..etc with Video-SL.
Raynardwells 7:02 PM - 29 August, 2010
ok thanks I got the midi controller from guitar center but didn't like it so i went bought me a rane ttm 57 waiting for delivery from Pssl.com. I did everything manually last night at the gig i did and it wasn't to bad but it work. Thanks so much for you help have a good one we can close this session I'll probably open another one when i get the new rane mixer lol.

thanks again Dj
Mr. Ray Wells
Raynardwells 10:37 PM - 29 August, 2010
one more question with the rane mixer is it possible to make a mixed music dvd that can be viewed and played? I know i records audio what about audio and video? if now how can it be done?
DJ Tecniq 11:29 PM - 29 August, 2010
Quote:
one more question with the rane mixer is it possible to make a mixed music dvd that can be viewed and played? I know i records audio what about audio and video? if now how can it be done?
yes there is a way but thru a seperate program called Screen Flow which has been talked about in various threads. it can record your video set.
carter 3:17 PM - 30 August, 2010
Or Mix Emergency...both will allow you to record out...
Raynardwells 1:13 AM - 3 September, 2010
THANKS I'M GOOD
DJ Tecniq 2:28 PM - 3 September, 2010
Forgot to mention to record the actual audio you will need a extra output like a booth or record output. then use a rca to headphone jack and plug that into your mac. This is how I do my audio recording for video. I'm not sure how others are doing it.
Raynardwells 6:20 PM - 5 September, 2010
thanks