-
racksi 10:20 PM - 23 May, 2010
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.0
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
---

hi serato team

am using ur product from last one year but resently i had a problem when ever i pump up the volume my sareto stop working i can c the wave moving for 10sec and there is no out put i changed my cables i had also deleted my cap files plz help me as soon as possible. . . and by any chance if my interface is spoiled can it be repaired in india?
Zach S 7:43 PM - 24 May, 2010
Hello racksi,

I've never heard of SSL stop working once the volume gets turned up?
Can you post a short video showing us what is happening?
It would be very useful.
Make sure to show us the setup screen, and all the tabs in Setup, once Scratch LIve stops working.

If there is an issue with your SL1, and you bought it in India, you will need to contact our India distributor for repair information.

Their contact info is:

Elgin Electronics
1683/2 J.H. Building
Bhagirath Palace
Delhi

India
Tel: 91-11-23866044
Fax: 91-11-41564387
Rene72 5:31 AM - 25 May, 2010
To me it sounds as though you are running everything on the same power strip. If you are and the amp is being pushed too hard it will shut off thus causing shutting off certain equipment.
racksi 4:31 PM - 25 May, 2010
ok i wil check and get back to u by any chance this problem can happen cause of power flactution?
Zach S 4:42 PM - 25 May, 2010
Quote:
To me it sounds as though you are running everything on the same power strip. If you are and the amp is being pushed too hard it will shut off thus causing shutting off certain equipment.

Very true. If its plugged into a power strip and its being over driven the whole power strip will shut off.
racksi 11:07 PM - 8 June, 2010
hi resently i found that its was cause of vibaration my lap top pin use to get loose and it use to get shut(the pin which i put in electric circut) and msg showing on software rane disconceted! but i use the same plug in since i got serato . . . . .and 2nd thing when my laptop has bactery back up whats the problem?is it nessary to use adoptor whilw playing(9 volt external supply)
Zach S 3:51 PM - 9 June, 2010
Quote:
.and 2nd thing when my laptop has bactery back up whats the problem?

I'm not sure what you mean?

Quote:
is it nessary to use adoptor whilw playing(9 volt external supply)

No. This is not needed but it is helpful when swapping out djs since it powers the Rane device.
Without it, as soon as you unplug your computer any sound going through the SL1 (regular records or cds) will shut off.
racksi 9:58 PM - 9 June, 2010
here is the video what happens plz help me out am not able to understand
Watchwww.youtube.com
Zach S 10:34 PM - 9 June, 2010
Thanks for the video:)
I'm guessing the problem is a loose usb jack or input.
Can you replicate this problem by jiggling the usb cable or input of your Rane device?

If so, you'll need to get your SL1 repaired.
You can either send it back to the Rane distributor in the country you bought your SL device in or you can send it directly to us.
If you send it directly to us you may spend more on shipping or taxes/duties but it might get back to you faster.

You can find a list of Rane distributors here --> rane.com
racksi 11:39 PM - 9 June, 2010
if i have to send u on which address should i send?
racksi 12:30 AM - 10 June, 2010
i tried jiggling the usb cable and input of my Rane device its working fine but when am jiggling my lap top charger wire its going off
racksi 12:32 AM - 10 June, 2010
i tried other charger also but the result is same
Zach S 4:41 PM - 10 June, 2010
Try using your SL1 on a different machine.
It sounds like the problem may be your computer?
1:22 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.