Rane Mixers General Discussion

Talk about Rane's Mixers for Serato Scratch Live:
the Sixty-Eight, Sixty-Two, Sixty-One, and the TTM 57SL.
If you require official support please create a help request.

echo in headphones!!?????????????????

Henry GQ 6:53 AM - 13 May, 2010
so tonight i was cueing up a track. and the headphones (cue) had an echo sound in it. looked at the mixer, no echo assigned.. no channel flexfx assigned. no green button flex fx assigned. nothing
turned off the the cue button, still heard whats playing with the echo(haha are u fuckin serious? i just spent 2100 bucks for this thing) and then turned on another cue button from another channel, and it shut off.........

please entertain me with why this might happen, and no smart ass comments from anyone but a mod too
djdannyd 4:59 AM - 15 May, 2010
Hey man, another issue with it? Rane should give you a beta mixer on their next project, you keep finding weird bugs.
DJBIGWIZ 9:23 AM - 15 May, 2010
maybe it was the DJ FX (software)
or maybe the cue from the FX section was on
or maybe... Blame It On The Goose!
Henry GQ 7:12 PM - 15 May, 2010
nah. nope. no. i dont think so.
none of that. why do u think i was sooo sarcastic in my post. im pissed. and not one mod has said anything to me since i posted this.

i checked eveyrthing. looked at the mixer in amazement.

this is fuckin bullshit.
DJBIGWIZ 10:38 PM - 15 May, 2010
have you been able to recreate it again?
Henry GQ 6:03 AM - 16 May, 2010
nope.

i didnt have it in cue or anything, its these minor glitches that boggle my mind !!
RapMaRz 8:11 PM - 16 May, 2010
its happened to me b4, it seems to keep the echo stuck in the headphones even after the echo is gone, its not a minor glitch, its a major glitch..
its happened to me a lil more then 5 times. problem is, i dont know how its happening, i triple check my work and nothing seems to fix that issue.

PS
I have posted many issues and more then half havent been fixed.
to make things worst, i payed a great amount of money for a mixer that is giving me issues and they didnt even give me stickers in my box, lol

ALSO, I really really really dont like 2.0, it has giving me issues even b4 the mixer.
DJBIGWIZ 9:02 PM - 16 May, 2010
Damn... you'd think a mixer that just started shipping only a few weeks ago would have already had these thingas fixed as sooon as you found them. Those kind of things usually get fixed over night right? Especially when there is trouble recreating them right?
Rapmarz... walk us through the steps to recreate this problem and once it can be reproduced, maybe someone can look into it.... or just keep bitching with out offering solid input as how to get to the problem so it can be checked out.
I really wish this had happen to me so I could offer some feedback in the right direction instead of JUST complaining but I have not had these issues.... then again, I read the manual (yes, even though I had already been working with it for months... I still like to do MY part before saying the product has a problem and not that its just a user issue) and understood the mixer before bringing it out
Henry GQ 4:07 PM - 17 May, 2010
u know Wiz, when u pay over 2 grand for a mixer. u would think there would be NO problems.
i didnt have one issue when i got my pio 800. not one.. not one issue, lemme say this again... i didnt have one issue when i got my pioneer 800, and i only paid 1300 for that thing.

we just spent a ton of fuckin money for something thats not even 100%

so yeah we have eevry right to complain about this

and how can u reproduce somethin thats only happened to me once. i explained what happened.. some times u dodnt even know how it hapened, u just go wtf.. and try and work around it. theres so many things hat happen in a night, that ur supposed to remember how a glitch occured ?

i dont remember gettin paid or getting a discount to be a fuckin beta tester for this mixer ????!!!!!

send me some yellow vinyl and i will video tape my whole night.
Rane
TrevorW 4:55 PM - 17 May, 2010
Hi Henry and RapMarz,

I am investigating your claim, but I cannot reproduce it. Can you provide more details as to the settings of the controls on your Sixty-Eight?

@RapMaRz, since you said you are experiencing this problem often, could you provide some reproduction steps? I cannot fix a problem if I don't know what it is, much less observe the symptoms. It would be very helpful if next time it happens, you immediately write down all your actions leading up to it, and take a picture of the control surface of your Sixty-Eight so I can see the state of all of the controls.
Henry GQ 4:58 PM - 17 May, 2010
thnx for responding. hopefully rapmarz will be able to reporduce.
s3kn0tr0n1c 5:06 PM - 17 May, 2010
just incase - could echo have been left on or acivated in the software(software fx in 2.0) and you thought it was mixer???
DJBIGWIZ 5:40 PM - 17 May, 2010
Henry, I'm not saying you don't have a right to voice your opinion... I'm just saying if you want help, you will probably get it faster by providing info as to help people reproduce the problem instead of just bashing and talking shit about it. If it only happened once and you yourself can't seen to reproduce it and have no idea how it happened then you cannot rule out the possibility of a USER error. But your first instinct is to talk shit and bash Rane.... like you did with the fx thing several times until I responded and told you the proper way to use them and then... not one single post from you about it... not even a (thanks, that helps.. or oh my bad I was doing it wrong) or anything... you want to use something you don't FULLY get yet and as soon as there is a problem, blame Rane instead of exploring all options... you had seen videos of others using the fx with NO problem at all and if you watch them, you can see they are bringing in the fx in a different way than you but of course it's the mixers fault and not yours... thats the go to response right? If you cannot remember what you did and can't make it happen again there is a POSSIBILITY it's something you did... all I'm saying is providing HELPFUL information will help a lot more that talking shit.
And, again... rapmarz... the same goes for you... if this happens to you so much, surly you can tell us how to reproduce it.
ancientyouth 6:17 PM - 17 May, 2010
It's also easy to just video record it while it's having an issue.... Not like you have to record yourself all night......just when you hv the issue,
Just seems so easy, honestly I've been waiting to see a vid showing any of the issues...
Honestly if you expected to get this mixer without bugs, I'll simply tell you you're expectations are just too high....
When you have clearly shown/documented the issue, if nothing is done, then get upset.... best Dj mixer on planet earth.
farrell 8:10 PM - 17 May, 2010
Wow!
Henry GQ 10:19 PM - 17 May, 2010
the reason i never said thnx or responded to you about the echo.. is i gave up on it. it doesnt do what the pioneer does... i wanna hit the echo... let it do its thing, and then scratch the beat in without using the echo, that way the scratching isn echo'd as well. get it ?. the rane 68 cannot do that.

and im not here to bash the mixer. dont u remember how fuckin hot i was for this mixer. i panted like a dog for months over this thing. i still dig it, its just not

and its not user error... before i even touched the mixer, i looked at it. to see if any efx were on, if anything was going on... looked at it up and done and nothing was turned on...

im not gonna spend hours trying to recreate that. just dont have time.
DJMark 10:27 PM - 17 May, 2010
Quote:
the reason i never said thnx or responded to you about the echo.. is i gave up on it. it doesnt do what the pioneer does... i wanna hit the echo... let it do its thing, and then scratch the beat in without using the echo, that way the scratching isn echo'd as well. get it ?. the rane 68 cannot do that.

Yes, it can. You just need to "hit the echo" using the flex-fx button on the desired channel.
DJBIGWIZ 10:44 PM - 17 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, it can. You just need to "hit the echo" using the flex-fx button on the desired channel.

and then hit it again to de-activate it and it will echo out while you scratch the beat in
Henry GQ 10:49 PM - 17 May, 2010
ok cool... now i gotta go n try this LOL.

i just havent had time to sit down with it and learn more.. just been using it straight with no efx, but the the filter.

listen guys. im sorry, i do love this mixer. theres some glitches that should have bee worked out first.
can these glitches be worked past. absolutely! is it a pain in the ass when it happens.yes

hopefully there will be more to come with the mixer.
DJBIGWIZ 10:53 PM - 17 May, 2010
well, since it can be updated throught firmware, I can definitely grow and get better.
Rane
TrevorW 10:55 PM - 17 May, 2010
Quote:
well, since it can be updated throught firmware, I can definitely grow and get better.

DJBIGWIZ is going to be Better, Faster, Stronger!
DJBIGWIZ 10:56 PM - 17 May, 2010
hahaha.... I'm glad you left Harder out
Rane
TrevorW 10:57 PM - 17 May, 2010
I knew Bezzle would come in here and get all excited if I did.
DJBIGWIZ 10:58 PM - 17 May, 2010
I think it was a Six Milion Dollar Man reference but there are those that would have taken it to the Kanye/Daft Punk track and get it twisted

Quote:

hahaha
Rane
TrevorW 11:21 PM - 17 May, 2010
Daft Punk. Kanye who?

;)
Henry GQ 11:33 PM - 17 May, 2010
haha u guys are cool.

anyways i got some stickers in the mail today. big thnx. but can i get some yellow vinyl?

LOL
nik39 12:33 AM - 19 May, 2010
Quote:

lol. :)
the_black_one 5:31 AM - 19 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

lol. :)

no comment
DJBIGWIZ 6:18 PM - 20 May, 2010
www.kogogo.com
MOST SPAM GUARANTEE!!
StarmanNL 2:01 PM - 18 April, 2013
Here's the site to stop the echo. its really easy it worked for me!
www.ehow.com
I hope it workes :)
Henry GQ 12:34 AM - 19 April, 2013
yeah its been long ago that its been fixed. but thnx!