Scratch Live Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Scratch Live?

I Just Want My SPACE BAR Back...

djdjdj 10:40 PM - 5 May, 2010
i just want the use of my space bar back...toggling the display modes is much less important than needing to find a song "can you play it NEXT"...using the mouse to toggle which display mode is more than enough, the space bar is a vital tool to a DJ...i know i could hit CNTL F to search...why can't i hit CNTL F to toggle the display mode...hope this wasn't too blunt but I WANT MY SPACE BAR BACK.
DJFUNKMIKE 9:04 PM - 10 May, 2010
+1
nik39 9:18 PM - 10 May, 2010
What do you mean by "I want it back"?
DJFUNKMIKE 9:26 PM - 10 May, 2010
hehe! i think someone stole it!
seriously,i think he means that when hes searching,like search all,(control F)he taps space bar...and instead of the cursur going to the search screen,it toggles the display mode of the serato...lol!
DJ Stoyvo 4:03 PM - 11 May, 2010
You could have hit space to search all instead of CTRL F? I didn't know this...
DJFUNKMIKE 7:40 PM - 11 May, 2010
Control F was supposed to be SPACE BAR before? if thats the case really, then its more convenient to have space bar instead of control F....what do u say?
well,im used to control F anyway...lol^^,
nik39 8:06 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:
hehe! i think someone stole it!
seriously,i think he means that when hes searching,like search all,(control F)he taps space bar...and instead of the cursur going to the search screen,it toggles the display mode of the serato...lol!

It doesn't do that.

Quote:
Control F was supposed to be SPACE BAR before?

No, it didn't do that before.
DJFUNKMIKE 8:09 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:
i just want the use of my space bar back...toggling the display modes is much less important than needing to find a song "can you play it NEXT"...using the mouse to toggle which display mode is more than enough, the space bar is a vital tool to a DJ...i know i could hit CNTL F to search...why can't i hit CNTL F to toggle the display mode...hope this wasn't too blunt but I WANT MY SPACE BAR BACK.

so what is he talking about?^^,
DJFUNKMIKE 8:09 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

so what is he talking about?^^,

He is mis leading me....
nik39 8:28 PM - 11 May, 2010
I don't know what he is talking about. That's why I asked.
Dj Farhan 11:30 PM - 11 May, 2010
please enlighten us! ;-P
DJFUNKMIKE 11:40 PM - 11 May, 2010
Quote:

perhaps he was drunk when he was writing this^^,
dude u had us wondering!? 0_o
Dj Farhan 11:43 PM - 11 May, 2010
drunk forum posting is awesome! ;-P
DJFUNKMIKE 11:46 PM - 11 May, 2010
yah! lol! got me scrambling and googling and researchning all those past versions...
maybe he was running hes own version and tryng to blame on the guys of serato.
come on dude,u better give us an answer tomorrow! ;)
DJFUNKMIKE 11:51 PM - 11 May, 2010
hey farhan! lil off topic,does the pitch on ur ttxs holds for long blends/mixes?i mean,pitch stable like technics,doesnt drift?my next paycheck is coming so im still on the road of canvassing....thanks!
Dj Farhan 11:53 PM - 11 May, 2010
yes it does! (knock on wood) ;-D
DJFUNKMIKE 11:57 PM - 11 May, 2010
come on man! that knock on wood makes me nrvous! lol^^,
Quote:
yes it does! (knock on wood) ;-D
Dj Farhan 12:08 AM - 12 May, 2010
haha naah i have had it for 2 yrs, bought it second hand and i have had no problems what so far,
DJFUNKMIKE 12:15 AM - 12 May, 2010
Quote:
haha naah i have had it for 2 yrs, bought it second hand and i have had no problems what so far,

hehe,ok...ive talked to some dealers already,gonna check those out this monday.
shit,i just hate it when i see those displays of m5g's on the same store,its tempting me bcoz of the the added pitch control...thats the thing im after with the ttx....
Dj Farhan 12:17 AM - 12 May, 2010
good luck man
DJFUNKMIKE 12:21 AM - 12 May, 2010
thanks man...would u belive it? the ttx's on my residency? my technics for home session? lol! well i dont care what they gonna say! keep rocking man! haha,now we are out of topic....xD
Dj Farhan 12:46 AM - 12 May, 2010
woops ;-P
djdjdj 10:53 PM - 19 May, 2010
2.0 made the spacebar toggle the display mode...you used to be able to search in the column (title,artist,genre...) without having to hit "CNTL F"....searching was quicker and who the hell needs to have a shortcut for the display mode...
Evil_banana 9:25 AM - 20 May, 2010
Quote:
2.0 made the spacebar toggle the display mode...you used to be able to search in the column (title,artist,genre...) without having to hit "CNTL F"....searching was quicker and who the hell needs to have a shortcut for the display mode...

Exactly, the same principle as in your file explorer app. When you click in to a folder and you start typing the name of a file, the file explorer will jump to that file or best match. Same thing is possible in Serato, just click inside your tracklist and start typing, it will jump to best match and is quite fast.

Perhaps shortcut should indeed be changed.
Culprit 2:43 PM - 1 June, 2010
I think he means the tab function...
Evil_banana 1:35 PM - 2 June, 2010
Quote:

no, that is to actually change focus inside the screen. As pointed out above, his problem is that "Space bars" function has become "toggle between library view and extended view", which is NOT what he wants to do. He wants to be able to type names including spaces without changing display view.

And on top of that, it would be nice if you could just click inside the tracklist and start typing a name, it would jump to best match.
DJFUNKMIKE 7:47 PM - 2 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

no, that is to actually change focus inside the screen. As pointed out above, his problem is that "Space bars" function has become "toggle between library view and extended view", which is NOT what he wants to do. He wants to be able to type names including spaces without changing display view.

And on top of that, it would be nice if you could just click inside the tracklist and start typing a name, it would jump to best match.

what are u guys talking about????? when the cursor is already inside the search all,the space bar act as a space bar....it doesnt toggle the the view mode or whatsoever....
unless the cursor is not in the search all mode,yes the space bar toggles the view mode,but otherwise as i have stated it does not toggle the view mode when its inside the search all bar already....so get ur facts straight kids! :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:16 AM - 4 June, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what are u guys talking about????? when the cursor is already inside the search all,the space bar act as a space bar....it doesnt toggle the the view mode or whatsoever....
unless the cursor is not in the search all mode,yes the space bar toggles the view mode,but otherwise as i have stated it does not toggle the view mode when its inside the search all bar already....so get ur facts straight kids! :)

what he mean if.... say your in a crate you could typr and it would search that crate, no text or typing in the search box. so now if you type akon then space bar it goes to akon then changes the deck view. so this is where he says i want my spacebar back... guess you have never used this way of searching in scratchlive. So thats why you dont understand it.
djdjdj 11:01 PM - 11 June, 2010
ur right on LJ_WOOLSEY...