DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Laptop Skins

Dj K.Smith 10:39 PM - 17 February, 2010
I know there are a few sites that personalize your laptops and I wanna know where you got yours done. I tried one place and ended up sending the skin back because it didn't look good enough, felt cheap and didn't stick too well...

If you have a picture of your laptop please post it up if you don't mind someone "biting" your steez... Juat trying to find a good place to customize my 2...

Holla back...
ninos 10:42 PM - 17 February, 2010
i actually just made a mixer and a laptop skin from styleflip.com
kinda pricey but worth it, as they have a money back guarantee. i havent received them yet but when i do i will post pics.
sixxx 11:06 PM - 17 February, 2010
ninos... $20 for the back isn't pricey... cause I just looked at djlabels.com and they're asking $30.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:26 PM - 17 February, 2010
ya but $20 is like 3 months allowance forr ninos, you know how many lawns, how much lemonade and how many cars he has to wash to raise that kinda scratch lol
CMOS 11:37 PM - 17 February, 2010
Did mines at skinit too. Dope ish they got there. Things been on the lappy for about 2+years now and just barely starting to fray at the edges where i slide it in and out of my bag.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:41 PM - 17 February, 2010
has anyone whos used skinit took theres off? I wanna know if its gonna leave crap all over my laptop if i take it off
CMOS 11:51 PM - 17 February, 2010
Leave a bit of a residue. I just put another skin on. Its nothing a paper towel and a bottle of this couldnt solve its not too grimy.

www.magicamerican.com
sixxx 12:09 AM - 18 February, 2010
Quote:
kinda pricey but worth it, as they have a money back guarantee. i havent received them yet but when i do i will post pics.

Oh yeah, $10 for shipping is a bit steep.
ninos 1:30 AM - 18 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

man total i paid was 90$ a djm 700 mixer skin and macbook pro skin, shipped to my door.
DJ Michael Basic 1:47 AM - 18 February, 2010
I got mine at Skinit.com too
Dj K.Smith 5:43 AM - 18 February, 2010
Pics please...
DJ Michael Basic 10:34 AM - 18 February, 2010
You've seen my laptop...lemme find a pic
DJ Michael Basic 10:36 AM - 18 February, 2010
DJ Michael Basic 10:37 AM - 18 February, 2010
hard to see, but it's just my logo

ldcpkaraoke.com
formulated 10:47 AM - 18 February, 2010
i've had a set of clear case covers (something like image.made-in-china.com) for my macbook for a while.. been meaning to do a collage of images to put inside it.. not a logo and promo as i don't play any gigs. For you pro dj's, it does have the potential as a easily changeable art platform (unless minor glare is too much of an issue)
DJ Scuhllie 2:47 PM - 18 February, 2010
I got mines from skinit.com www.iam904.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:49 PM - 18 February, 2010
i think im going to order mine tomarow, i was going to order off of but their system is not uploading my graphic correctly, skinit takes it so it looks like im going in that direction when i get paid tomarow
ral 4:17 PM - 18 February, 2010
+1 skinit
Dj K.Smith 4:30 PM - 18 February, 2010
Quote:

Nice...
Dj Farhan 10:23 PM - 18 February, 2010
Booyah 12:33 PM - 19 February, 2010
TheRE can be only oooonee......lol........SKINIT.COM
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:18 PM - 19 February, 2010
just ordered mine
Dj K.Smith 4:15 PM - 19 February, 2010
Yeah I just ordered mine as well... I'm trying to use my logo but it's a crappy design... We'll see...
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:17 PM - 19 February, 2010
Quote:
Yeah I just ordered mine as well... I'm trying to use my logo but it's a crappy design... We'll see...

lol same here, i liked it and put in the order, then made a thread on here for opinions, all of which have been negative so far LOL. I guess as long as i liek it and my names on there it dosent matter in the long run...gotta remember to get opinions BEFORE purchasing next time
Tururu 5:54 PM - 19 February, 2010
just came across this site on google

www.yourdjskins.com

looks legit. Only $25 for laptop skins
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 19 February, 2010
i think my next purchase is going to be some custom DJ MBEZZLE stickers for my CVs
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:36 PM - 19 February, 2010
theres also www.styleflip.com
dj buterd hams 10:01 PM - 20 February, 2010
hey on skinit.com if i dont want my apple logo covered but i want the rest can they handle that ?

has anyone done this ?
CMOS 7:55 AM - 21 February, 2010
I just used one of the ones on the site and stuck my dj name on it. This was under the urban section. They had a buncha nice ones.

img534.imageshack.us
Johnny Falvelo 9:46 AM - 21 February, 2010
I can vouch for a quick turnaround time and a good overall experience with www.yourdjskins.com
SK1 5:58 PM - 21 February, 2010
Anyone plan on going the permanent route?

Watchwww.youtube.com
djchase 12:13 AM - 22 February, 2010
funny how no one mentioned 12inchskinz.com so imma go it now lol
kryptonitednb 2:33 AM - 22 February, 2010
I will never go to anyone other than 12 inch Skinz
Redi2roc 4:04 AM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

YA alot of the DJS here IN Tdot hav that :) Looks soo sick!
Dj K.Smith 5:11 AM - 22 February, 2010
That is sweet, but not local for us Cali cats. I don't wanna send my joint that far and I can't see it, lol...
Johnny Falvelo 8:14 AM - 22 February, 2010
Plus you are stuck with that design for as long as you own the laptop. I couldn't commit to that. Vinyl is so much better IMHO as I can change it whenever I want.
Etang 9:58 AM - 22 February, 2010
i got mine made at a local sign shop alot of it depends on designing your graphics to lok good full size here is mine

img651.imageshack.us
Etang 10:00 AM - 22 February, 2010
oh btw its a laminate vinyl graphic
DJS/R 1:09 PM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Check out the middle! That ish is off Center!
djchase 4:20 PM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:
oh btw i need a case to cover my pretty laminated vinyl graphic

img651.imageshack.us

fixed
SK1 9:16 PM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:
That is sweet, but not local for us Cali cats. I don't wanna send my joint that far and I can't see it, lol...

Check your PM K.Smith... I'm a local Cat... I met you at M. Basics.
Wazo 9:29 PM - 22 February, 2010
i got mine @ mytego.com
Dj K.Smith 9:44 PM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Check your PM K.Smith... I'm a local Cat... I met you at M. Basics.

Ok gotcha...
the_black_one 10:22 PM - 22 February, 2010
i'm i the only mofo on here that does not care to slap stickers on my $3,000 MBP!

I see...... My computer is not right in front of my face... it's actually off far to the right so people can't even see my computer.....you guys use it as a billboard!!!
Dj K.Smith 10:34 PM - 22 February, 2010
3g's kid?!?!?!? WOW...
the_black_one 10:49 PM - 22 February, 2010
yeah.... i do graphic design as my main gig! 17" MBP 3.06 ghz 256 SSD, plus apple care
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:50 PM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:
guys use it as a billboard!!!

marketing is a huge part of the game, if your not a resident of the spot it dosent matter how bad you kill it if they dont know who the hell you are to show up at your next gig
the_black_one 10:57 PM - 22 February, 2010
marketing not needed here..... The people who matter(bar owners,promoters) know who i am and where i spin! I have gone 15 years with out stickers on my comp, i think im good

******UN-subscribes*********
DJS/R 11:03 PM - 22 February, 2010
Quote:
marketing not needed here..... The people who matter(bar owners,promoters) know who i am and where i spin! I have gone 15 years with out stickers on my comp, i think im good

******UN-subscribes*********

Damn! You didn't even have stickers on your computer in '95! That's crazy I heard all the dj's were doing that back then!
ninos 11:27 PM - 1 March, 2010
www.twitpic.com

thats my mixer skin from styleflip, i know the pic is inverted i took it with my mbp cam. lol my lappy sticker is the same green same text just says DJ AUDIO right across the top :) dont have a the cord to my digi camera or else i would take a pic :) but there is my mixer
djemkay 11:40 PM - 1 March, 2010
pretty dope how much did it cost?
ninos 11:40 PM - 1 March, 2010
both of them shipped to my door was like 75? something like that. i like the material that they use, really durable
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:58 PM - 2 March, 2010
i got mine in the mail from skinit.....AWSOME work, came out great wasnt pixelated..............but the design i sent in has been universally agreed upon to be horrible so the skins just sittin in my room next to my laptop :(
jwhispers 3:36 PM - 2 March, 2010
skinit is awesome. I've used them several times for skins I designed for clients. Always happen with the results.

btw bezzle: the image shouldn't be pixelated as long as you provide them with high-resolution art. If you give any printer a high-res file and it comes back pixelated, there's something seriously wrong lol. 99/100 times if something is pixelated its because the file was sent wrong not bc the printer messed up.
jwhispers 3:36 PM - 2 March, 2010
**always happy not happen lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:49 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
skinit is awesome. I've used them several times for skins I designed for clients. Always happen with the results.

btw bezzle: the image shouldn't be pixelated as long as you provide them with high-resolution art. If you give any printer a high-res file and it comes back pixelated, there's something seriously wrong lol. 99/100 times if something is pixelated its because the file was sent wrong not bc the printer messed up.

ya i didnt think there would be but there ws some talk in another thread on wether or not my graphic was a high enough resolution
FunkyRob 3:56 PM - 2 March, 2010
if you don't want to look like Pauly D and keep it kind of simple I recommend

www.macstyles.com

Here's mine:

www.twitpic.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:04 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
if you don't want to look like Pauly D and keep it kind of simple I recommend

www.macstyles.com

Here's mine:

www.twitpic.com

looks good but def not the style im going for, i want mine to be eye catching and promote my DJ name....most partys i play im playing a rotating lineup with several DJs so i want to market myself more efficentially, makingmy laptop a billboard
shaukd 3:59 PM - 3 March, 2010
Get your cover from Amazon the SPECK cases are nice then find a local artist in your area and have him put a one of a kind on it for ya!

www.amazon.com

i78.photobucket.com

Its not what I was expecting but still, a one of kind original, I can have him sand it and redo it whenever I get tired of it....
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:00 PM - 3 March, 2010
Quote:
find a local artist in your area and have him put a one of a kind on it for ya!

i went to a local artist for my skin.....i wont be taking that avenue again lol
sixxx 4:16 PM - 3 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

man total i paid was 90$ a djm 700 mixer skin and macbook pro skin, shipped to my door.

Got my macbook skin from styleflip.com.

I GOTTA SAY THE FOLLOWING:

HOW ARE YOU GONNA CHARGE $10.00 FOR SHIPPING AND THEN, WHEN I GET YOUR PRODUCT, THE POSTAGE CLEARLY SAYS $2.46

I know over charging for shipping is a standard ripp off for many companies. Just look at all the infomercial with their "Plus Shipping & Handling" crap.

BUT AT LEAST HIDE THE FACT THAT YOU'RE CHEATING YOUR CUSTOMER
Dj K.Smith 4:22 PM - 3 March, 2010
Got mine, just gotta up a pic later tonight so y'all can check it out...
DJ DECK 4:44 PM - 3 March, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Got my macbook skin from styleflip.com.

I GOTTA SAY THE FOLLOWING:

HOW ARE YOU GONNA CHARGE $10.00 FOR SHIPPING AND THEN, WHEN I GET YOUR PRODUCT, THE POSTAGE CLEARLY SAYS $2.46

I know over charging for shipping is a standard ripp off for many companies. Just look at all the infomercial with their "Plus Shipping & Handling" crap.

BUT AT LEAST HIDE THE FACT THAT YOU'RE CHEATING YOUR CUSTOMER

+1, I knew it didn't take $10 to mail out a piece of plastic... :( RIPPPPP OFF!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will get it soon and post up a pic, nothing fancy nor permanent.
Johnny Falvelo 9:11 AM - 6 March, 2010
www.yourdjskins.com charges like $10 for shipping BUT you get it UPS trackable unlike the Styleflip and the post office. Not to mention it took me two months to get my product from styleflip. YRDJSking was around 10 days.
Dj K.Smith 6:17 AM - 22 March, 2010
Here's a pic:

i77.photobucket.com
DJ SPAIR 1:46 PM - 22 March, 2010
Tell em Spair sent you!

www.12inchskinz.com
DJWALDO 4:08 PM - 22 March, 2010
mine....

clear speck hard case airbrushed in reverse on the inside of the case. $50 total investment

twitpic.com

its sideways but you get the idea
DJ JEMZ 10:04 AM - 20 April, 2010
fakemake.ca

they do labels for Records, Laptops & Mixers. check 'em out!
phate 10:13 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
fakemake.ca

they do awesome stuff

big ups to my boy Itchy Ron from Sweatshop Union/owner of fakemake
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:20 PM - 20 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
fakemake.ca

they do awesome stuff

AWSOME, i need some record labels, i was just waiting for someone to confirm their work
ninos 12:08 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
fakemake.ca

they do awesome stuff

AWSOME, i need some record labels, i was just waiting for someone to confirm their work

bezzle, their great man, my boy has em and they are sick, he has them from his records and his computer AND his 57. they do good work.
phate 12:49 AM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
fakemake.ca

they do awesome stuff

ya very good work, especially on the skins because they dont leave residue on your laptop if you want to get a new skin

bezzle, their great man, my boy has em and they are sick, he has them from his records and his computer AND his 57. they do good work.
djchase 5:18 AM - 22 April, 2010
Quote:
www.12inchskinz.com

soulwax 1:51 PM - 22 April, 2010
Me too ;)
DJ_PAZ 10:47 PM - 11 August, 2010
I got my ibook done by www.Styleflip.com and it looks tight. I got the inside like around the key board, around the screen and over the top and the apple logo was popped out so it still lights up and looks sick. I got mine in about a week from when i paid for it. it was really easy to put on and havent had aany problems yet.
djdalite 11:33 PM - 11 August, 2010
does it actually have the apple symbol cut out? or does the styleflip cover it but you can just see through it?
spiker6750 12:48 AM - 12 August, 2010
sorry to thread jack..but anyone know where to buy a hard colored case for a mbp, thats better than the see-thru crappy ones they sell at the apple store
DJWarrenKelly 12:48 AM - 12 August, 2010
www.12inchskinz.com
This site also can do the new 68..he just got some tops from Rane for all the Rane mixers...Top notch work!
Dj BuddyLove 2:52 AM - 12 August, 2010
Quote:
sorry to thread jack..but anyone know where to buy a hard colored case for a mbp, thats better than the see-thru crappy ones they sell at the apple store

www.google.com
DJ Johnny Falvelo 8:01 AM - 12 August, 2010
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:34 PM - 12 August, 2010
Quote:
does it actually have the apple symbol cut out? or does the styleflip cover it but you can just see through it?

you can get either or
Manny C dot com 9:54 PM - 12 August, 2010
Used a "crystal case" and filled in the hole for the Apple:

i.imgur.com
DJ_PAZ 10:51 PM - 12 August, 2010
Quote:

StyleFlip cuts out the symbol, it looks pretty sick. I also heard that they can stretch an image across your whole setup. Check out their facebook account they have pictures of 5 piece DJ setups stretched across the whole thing it looks pretty ill.
Dj BuddyLove 10:58 PM - 12 August, 2010
^^i hear styleflip's material is cheap / flimsy

i dont know..just curious
Joshua Carl 12:01 AM - 13 August, 2010
my styleflip for my mixer finally started to show some fader wear.
it was solid for about 8 months....then i started to get chipping...
and from there is justr gets worse and worse....
StyleFlip612 6:49 PM - 17 August, 2010
Quote:
my styleflip for my mixer finally started to show some fader wear.
it was solid for about 8 months....then i started to get chipping...
and from there is justr gets worse and worse....

We switched over to a stronger, scratch-proof protective layer to ensure the highest protection for scratch mixers and everything else that we StyleFlip.
I tried to look up your name in the system, but couldn't find you. If you give me your order number we will send you out a replacement.
SuckaDJ 7:11 PM - 17 August, 2010
^^ Nice
kryptonitednb 7:20 PM - 17 August, 2010
12InchSkinz.com
Dj BuddyLove 9:55 PM - 17 August, 2010
Quote:
12InchSkinz.com

hay krypto
i know you have ins (NH) with 12inch
i need a brushed aluminum skin for my MPD32 :)

its gonna be bad ass when i get it done..
DJ_PAZ 5:34 PM - 25 August, 2010
Hey ya'll on StyleFlip's FB they said that they are havin a 30% off sale on all styleflips until AUG 28TH. All you gotta do is type in " August 28th " at checkout it says. Their website is [url]www.styleflip.com[/url], in case you didnt know
Steve Dub. 7:49 PM - 7 October, 2010
Here's mine.

twitpic.com
DJWarrenKelly 11:24 PM - 7 October, 2010
Quote:
Here's mine.

twitpic.com

Sick dude!!!!!
ninos 12:02 AM - 8 October, 2010
twitpic.com

this was my first one, i deff need a new one soon, its so ugly!! ha
MusicDan 12:59 AM - 8 October, 2010
Mine is simple and elegant. I need something that is elegant because I specialize in weddings and the last thing the B&G want to see is a skull. LOL!!!

[IMG]i801.photobucket.com[/IMG]

Did you notice the music note acting like an ampersand?
Joshua Carl 1:58 AM - 8 October, 2010
question.

do any of the services do di-cuts to re shap the apple?

IE.
if you wanted a big cricle, or it to look like a glowing record....
Wazo 2:23 PM - 8 October, 2010
SocaWarrior 2:26 PM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
Smizzle, I got mine done at Skinit.com

My design is a ton of my favorite album covers. Their online designer thingy is great. The album covers are pretty damn small and all the details are there. I've had it for almost a year now and it looks as good as it did on day one.

I think I paid $50 (I'd have to double check) but the quality is really great. Very happy with it.

You can kind of see it in my photos. www.stevedub.com but the pictures don't do it justice.

+1
Got mines from skinit.com. I paid $30 bucks
DJ Rugged One 5:01 PM - 8 October, 2010
Quote:
fakemake.ca

Definitely getting my labels from them !
kryptonitednb 5:18 PM - 8 October, 2010
12inchskinz x infinity
djjoefresh 5:23 PM - 9 October, 2010
This is mine, got it from www.fakemake.ca

www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
bill-e 5:44 PM - 9 October, 2010
Quote:
12inchskinz x infinity

+1...i don't actually have anything from there but dude sets up shop in my town, and uses nothing but high quality material
Dj K.Smith 7:58 PM - 9 October, 2010
Quote:

www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Nice Joe Fresh... Are those business cards also like that?
djjoefresh 9:33 AM - 10 October, 2010
In the second photo, on the left side of the laptop, those are actually record labels for my control vinyl, but I do have business cards with the same logo on them.
DJ Johnny Falvelo 8:41 PM - 11 October, 2010
DJWarrenKelly 3:16 PM - 15 October, 2010
Just got my Skin set from 12inchskinz.com..check it!

i1233.photobucket.com
djdalite 5:02 PM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
Just got my Skin set from 12inchskinz.com..check it!

i1233.photobucket.com

nice setup - whos dj warren kelly then?
DJWarrenKelly 5:25 PM - 15 October, 2010
Me..thats my original name..the Dub Uk is a play on words or letters which mean the same...like this..Warren Kelly=WK=Dub(a)Uk..Get it...lol a few friends call me WK all the time..so I came up with that.
BERTO 6:04 PM - 16 October, 2010
Quote:

www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

dj joe i see youre from Pk,ny
im from newburgh
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:27 PM - 16 October, 2010
Sick man! Im gotta get some from fakemake.com.
DJkahar aka Skyscraper 8:29 PM - 16 October, 2010
Quote:

www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Yo are those stickers vinyl material? Do they peel off easy if needed?
DJ_PAZ 10:38 PM - 10 November, 2010
www.styleflip.com has skins for $15, which seems like a better price than these other sites
DJ Johnny Falvelo 12:19 AM - 11 November, 2010
styleflip has phone skins for $15 but that's about it. Add that to their 2 month turnaround time and your crazy to go there.
DJ_PAZ 12:22 AM - 11 November, 2010
I got mine in 1 1/2 weeks, I think that they changed their shipping and printing companies or ways. They also hooked me up with a 20% off coupon for postin it on their facebook
Dj Farhan 1:07 AM - 11 November, 2010
i ordered vinyl labels from them and it came out great, except they plastered their brand name on it and considering how small the label is, it is kind of obvious, apparently u can request them not to put it on which i didnt know,

but i was satisfied wit the product
thewevel 1:15 AM - 11 November, 2010
i used fakemake thanks to this thread, and the dudes were awesome to work with, and it was a high quality vinyl sticker. worth the money.
kryptonitednb 1:36 AM - 11 November, 2010
12inchskinz.com ftw
Joshua Carl 2:36 AM - 11 November, 2010
Quote:
i used fakemake thanks to this thread, and the dudes were awesome to work with, and it was a high quality vinyl sticker. worth the money.

I just ordered FakeMakes for my i7 and vinyl.
they have been great working with me...I should have them next week

getting that brushed silver custom 57 from 12inchskinz though :)
DJ_PAZ 8:04 PM - 11 November, 2010
i like the feel of the Styleflip's, they can also stretch an image acroos your whole set up which is pretty sick
Joshua Carl 10:37 PM - 15 November, 2010
went with 12inch for the 57 skin: (only they have the bushed silver)
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

and fakemake for the macskin/labels)
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

Im pretty happy with the design...Ill have them in hand this week
DJ506 6:33 PM - 17 November, 2010
Quote:
fakemake.ca

they do labels for Records...Check 'em out!

www.facebook.com

Love 'em! :)
Joshua Carl 5:00 PM - 19 November, 2010
Here it is, in the flesh...Im pretty hapy with it thus far.

12Inchskin pretty much promised me that it wont start getting chewed up around the fader,,

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
Manny C dot com 6:00 AM - 20 April, 2011
Quote:
Here it is, in the flesh...Im pretty hapy with it thus far.

12Inchskin pretty much promised me that it wont start getting chewed up around the fader,,

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net

What's up with the top and bottom halves not lining up perfectly along the left edge???
Joshua Carl 7:21 AM - 20 April, 2011
thats me being a moron.

i actually got another one, they changed the clear coat on them.
its straight now.
A Cup Of Rustea 1:50 PM - 21 April, 2011
If your're fluent in photoshop and have some design ideas then a few hours and a trip to your local signwriter can get you a vinyl cut sticker for a 6 pack. :)

We stencilled the walls of a gig a couple of weeks ago and one of my designs was a smilie face DJ and it made me think... hey why not have that cover my Apple logo?

So I shrank the vector and threw some other bits around and viola...

In the light:
www.facebook.com

In the dark:
www.facebook.com
Dj K.Smith 5:12 PM - 14 June, 2011
Trying to get an NS6 and a custom skin for it. Anybody rocking that yet?
DJWarrenKelly 5:22 PM - 14 June, 2011
Jared aka Dj Kartel has them here:
www.12inchskinz.com
Dj K.Smith 8:18 PM - 14 June, 2011
Dj WK, I checked them out and I want a custom skin... The colors are cool but when you people add their own image it looks a bit nicer IMO...

Some dudes have some really nice logos/artwork for their gear...
DJWarrenKelly 9:16 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
Dj WK, I checked them out and I want a custom skin... The colors are cool but when you people add their own image it looks a bit nicer IMO...

Some dudes have some really nice logos/artwork for their gear...

I believe they can do it all..just contact him through the phone..real cool guy and he has connections if you need artwork done.
Serato
adrian w 9:48 PM - 14 June, 2011
Gelaskins.com is by far the winner for me. It's a 3M sticker that peals off clean as when you're done. They have a stack of interesting designs to choose from OR you can just upload your own and use their online system to create it. Cater to most computers, good price and delivered in a reasonable time too. 10/10.

This is the design I've got on my MacBook Air.

yfrog.com
Joshua Carl 10:03 PM - 14 June, 2011
those look pretty sweet, removable and at 30.00 each you could have a few at your diposal depending where u play
Serato
adrian w 10:05 PM - 14 June, 2011
Yeah man, I've had a few different ones over the years. Once they're off, I don't think you could get it back on though, depending on how you stored it. That said, if you kept the original piece you peel if off of, you might actually be able to re-use them.
Joshua Carl 10:06 PM - 14 June, 2011
ahhhh... I thought it was stat static technology,
Eddy Xpress 11:26 PM - 23 July, 2011
workin on mine right now but this is what its lookin like so far www.facebook.com
DJWarrenKelly 2:56 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
workin on mine right now but this is what its lookin like so far www.facebook.com

Link Fail! You need to make your pics visible to everyone on FB in order for us who are not on your friends list to see them.
Eddy Xpress 3:34 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Link Fail! You need to make your pics visible to everyone on FB in order for us who are not on your friends list to see them.

my bad.... 2.bp.blogspot.com
nany 6:18 AM - 24 November, 2011
I bought skins from skinz.me. It offers all type of skins for all devices and in different themes at reasonable prices. I got mine from there.
www.skinz.me
DJWarrenKelly 4:49 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
I bought skins from skinz.me. It offers all type of skins for all devices and in different themes at reasonable prices. I got mine from there.
www.skinz.me

Show us your rig…or this is just a shameless plug from your site. Your location being India…makes your comment suspect…just sayin ;)
DJ'Que 5:24 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
www.skinz.me
look like they dont do apple laptops. big minus
SiRocket 9:26 PM - 24 November, 2011
my latest skin from fakemake! -> www.djrickyjay.com
nany 5:47 AM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:

Show us your rig…or this is just a shameless plug from your site. Your location being India…makes your comment suspect…just sayin ;)

Its online shopping, you can buy products from anywhere in the world.:)
nany 5:52 AM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
www.skinz.me
look like they dont do apple laptops. big minus

You are right but it has skins for other apple devices like apple ipad 2
www.skinz.me
geeunot 10:06 AM - 25 November, 2011
Looks like I'm gonna be trying out fakemake. Thanks for the info guys! Anyone get a skin for their djm 800?
kryptonitednb 2:43 PM - 25 November, 2011
I've gotten Skinz for the following from 12inchskinz.com:

2 Kontrol X1's
1 Maschine
1 DJM-800
1 Kontrol S4
Dicers
Launchpad.
Laptop
Control Records

Removable Skinz for my Grandmasters (M5G?)

So yeah, 12InchSkinz for zeeeeeee win!
DJWarrenKelly 4:50 PM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:

2 Kontrol X1's
1 Maschine
1 DJM-800
1 Kontrol S4
Dicers
Launchpad.
Laptop
Control Records

WERD! They do it all ;)
illkid 6:14 PM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

2 Kontrol X1's
1 Maschine
1 DJM-800
1 Kontrol S4
Dicers
Launchpad.
Laptop
Control Records

WERD! They do it all ;)

Dicers?
Ikhan 9:28 PM - 6 December, 2011
I've seen Dj's names out out of the Aluminum cover...anyone have any idea how or where this can get done?
Ikhan 9:29 PM - 6 December, 2011
I've seen Dj's names cut out of the Aluminum cover...anyone have any idea how or where this can get done? Agai not laser etched in but cut out so that the light comes through the cut out.
12inchskinz 10:07 PM - 6 December, 2011
We only offer dicer skinz with custom the 1200 plates.

FYI.....coming soon (early 2012). Magnetic / removable macbook skinz. Keep in mind aluminum is not magnetic so we had to experiment with this. You can have as many designs as you want for your macbook lid. Lets say you want a different design on your macbook for weddings vs the one you use for the club on "hot body" thursdays. Problem solved.
DJWarrenKelly 10:18 PM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
We only offer dicer skinz with custom the 1200 plates.

FYI.....coming soon (early 2012). Magnetic / removable macbook skinz. Keep in mind aluminum is not magnetic so we had to experiment with this. You can have as many designs as you want for your macbook lid. Lets say you want a different design on your macbook for weddings vs the one you use for the club on "hot body" thursdays. Problem solved.

Nice Idea! :)
Joshua Carl 11:05 PM - 6 December, 2011
in!

will it snap over an existing skin?
12inchskinz 11:26 PM - 6 December, 2011
Not on an existing "skin". Should also work on all macbook hardshell cases.
DJ Johnny Falvelo 8:18 AM - 8 December, 2011
Since magnets are monitors and hard drives worst nightmare how would you make this work attaching it to your laptop? Have you tested these out over a period of time?
Dj Jay Free 2:09 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:
Jared aka Dj Kartel has them here:
www.12inchskinz.com

Jared does GREAT work! Skin's my SL box and my Laptop
12inchskinz 2:27 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:
Since magnets are monitors and hard drives worst nightmare how would you make this work attaching it to your laptop? Have you tested these out over a period of time?

Does your macbook have a CRT monitor in it? If so, you got a problem Bubby.

Since laptops use lcd screens, our magnets pose no risk (weve never tried putting a subwoofer magnet to a lcd screen so thats beyond our testing). These are similar to the magnetic skinz we use for the Rane ttm57. Extremely low magnetic field but large surface area makes for a secure bond. Once we release these, it will make sense how they work.
Josh218 3:06 PM - 8 December, 2011
Any timeframe on when these magnetic skins will be available?? Lets say... NAMM 2012..
12inchskinz 3:12 PM - 8 December, 2011
Probably right after NAMM to early Feb. Goal is to make these available ASAP so a release date be anytime between now and then.
Josh218 3:20 PM - 8 December, 2011
Excellent... I will hold up on ordering a Skin for my MacPro then... Thank you.
12inchskinz 3:34 PM - 8 December, 2011
Yea...you will need a virgin macbook lid for these to work.
HYDRO MATIC 4:40 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:

Can we pay for the shipping on a blank one and test it to see if it will work with our existing setups?

I have a cover by an outside company and its extremely thin...id like to simply add this over it if possible?
Josh218 4:45 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Can we pay for the shipping on a blank one and test it to see if it will work with our existing setups?

I have a cover by an outside company and its extremely thin...id like to simply add this over it if possible?

Not a bad idea... Also,I want to use the magnetic skin, and then use a Clear hard cover by Speck over the skin.... Will this cause or be any issue?? The hard cover will be for extra protection....
12inchskinz 4:52 PM - 8 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The magnetic skin does NOT adhere to the macbook lid by its self because the macbook is ALUMINUM. Aluminum as we all know is NOT magnetic unless you are a wizard.

We have figured this out but there cannot be any pre-existing skinz on the macbook. No were not placing 2 magnetic skinz together because poles can never align. It will be quite obvious how this works once we make them available.

I think the magnetic skin might be to thick (1mm or less) for the case to cover it but you should be able to place on the case, problem solved.
geeunot 7:08 AM - 14 December, 2011
FYI for people ordering from fakemake...they are based out of Canada, and if you are from the U.S., they will charge you $20 for shipping if you want a tracking #.
SiRocket 7:09 AM - 14 December, 2011
ronnie at fake make has always handled things well with me, i met him face to face when i mixed up in canada, great guy on the design tip, business tip, and also behind the decks :)
12inchskinz 2:57 PM - 14 December, 2011
We ship to Canada all the time with USPS, ($10) flat rate on entire order. Record labels are always free shipping. We will be offering FED-EX and UPS in 2012. There has been a few rare occasions where a shipment may take 3-4 weeks (but NEVER lost). Im not sure what they do at customs and if this happens from Canada to U.S. Im guessing that some postal center locations in Canada may get once a week delivery?
SiRocket 8:21 PM - 14 December, 2011
i still love kartels stoofffff too!
12inchskinz 10:52 PM - 14 December, 2011
^Ha.....I know this bro, u aint gotta say it! Fakemake is the ONLY other legit looking outfit out there. Anyone else is nothing but WEAK SAUCE.
SiRocket 12:19 AM - 15 December, 2011
i def agree with that!
mickky 8:00 AM - 21 December, 2011
Get <a href="www.laptopskinshop.com Decals</a> and skins for all sizes from Laptop Skin Shop.
Beautiful laptop Skins
DJ Johnny Falvelo 1:24 PM - 21 December, 2011
No Thanks. Still prefer www.yourdjskins.com The best in the Biz I don't care what anyone else says.
SiRocket 8:19 PM - 21 December, 2011
i won't buy from somewhere that says "pimp out your gear". lol
Bigga Bounce Ent 12:40 AM - 22 December, 2011
Quote:
coming soon (early 2012). Magnetic / removable macbook skinz. Keep in mind aluminum is not magnetic so we had to experiment with this. You can have as many designs as you want for your macbook lid. Lets say you want a different design on your macbook for weddings vs the one you use for the club on "hot body" thursdays. Problem solved.

What's the approx cost for one of these?
djsmuve415 1:44 AM - 22 December, 2011
Has anybody in here ordered custom vinyl stickers from 12inchSkinz before, & be able to give me an idea as to how long the turnaround time was to having them done, & arrive?
I got mine done at StyleFlip last time - & even though they came out cool, they seemed to take FOREVER... so I tried 12inch this time for the hell of it.. just curious
SiRocket 2:08 AM - 22 December, 2011
i had the artwork properly done and prepared and they were handled quickly from kartel at 12inch :)
djsmuve415 2:53 AM - 22 December, 2011
yeah....... worried about the "properly done' part. they seem to have a bit more rules then StyleFlip... but we'll see.
SiRocket 7:55 PM - 22 December, 2011
well if you want a quality product, i feel you should take any and all steps to make sure the resolution, sizing, ration, and print bleed is correct on your artwork.
Serato
adrian w 9:38 PM - 22 December, 2011
Quote:
well if you want a quality product, i feel you should take any and all steps to make sure the resolution, sizing, ration, and print bleed is correct on your artwork.

This is SO important. I used to work at a printers and supplying artwork will get you the best quality final product, so few people know how to provide PROPER files. Bleed and Crop Marks are a must.
djsmuve415 1:29 AM - 23 December, 2011
well lucky for me my Photoshop skills are not too bad & the logo was only a black & white one.. But - the logo was done quite a while back & I lost the original .psd file in the process, so I have no idea if the letters were rasterized, image flattened, ect. ect...
So, we'll see.
SiRocket 12:06 PM - 23 December, 2011
@adrian - thumbs up!
Josh218 7:36 PM - 23 January, 2012
Any timeframe on when these "magnetic skins " will be available?? thanks
12inchskinz 6:45 PM - 25 January, 2012
I think in Feb now. We have like a 1000 projects in the air but this will mos def happen. I can think of a better idea than a changeable skin for a macbook.
DJ Reflex 2:38 AM - 26 January, 2012
My wife bought me the TRON Disc skin for my Dell for Christmas. Doesn't make the computer any faster, but it sure does look cool!
Josh218 12:20 AM - 7 March, 2012
Hey 12inchskinz.... is the magnetic skins out yet? i would like to get one ASAP.. please advise.. thanks
Bigga Bounce Ent 3:04 PM - 7 March, 2012
^^^ was thinking about that skin as well, so what's good 12inchskinz??
Dj K.Smith 4:40 PM - 7 March, 2012
i77.photobucket.com

Not my laptop but you get the picture...
Josh218 8:25 PM - 7 March, 2012
is that the magnetic skinz? K Smith..
Dj K.Smith 6:52 AM - 8 March, 2012
No sir, 3M tape...
kryptonitednb 10:56 AM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
No Thanks. Still prefer www.yourdjskins.com The best in the Biz I don't care what anyone else says.

Don't think you've ever compared sticker quality. I think you might actually laught out loud (as in, "what was I thinking") if you put them side by side. We're talking kindergarten diploma vs. Master's Degree here.
kryptonitednb 10:57 AM - 8 March, 2012
PS once I get my laptop skin I'll post a pic for you guys of all the stuff I have skinned. Kind of ridiculous.
DJ Reflex 11:50 PM - 8 March, 2012
I've skinned rabbits, squirrels, a goat, plucked a chicken, and took the scales off a fish once...
kryptonitednb 1:54 AM - 9 March, 2012
Yum
Josh218 4:42 AM - 2 September, 2012
Hey 12inchskinz, are you guys still making magnetic skins? Or that project got thrown out the window?
Club Ample 8:11 PM - 7 September, 2012
Question... is it better to put your .com site on a skin.. or your FB page. Is putting both going to be too much?

Nowadays everyone is on facebook so I just wonder .
Joshua Carl 9:42 PM - 7 September, 2012
its totally your call... but I see the trend leaning to less is more...
Club Ample 1:15 AM - 8 September, 2012
I agree with less is more...less means they are more likely to remember what they saw.
I guess im just wondering if people are more likely to remember or visit a fb profile/page or a .com site.
Dj Nyce 6:16 PM - 8 September, 2012
agree with JC. less looks alot cleaner. it also helps with branding. when you see a coke logo there isn't a need to put facebook or twitter next to it. people will just go to facebook and type coke.

on my new skin it's my logo and djnyce.com

you can find all my social media sites on there or via google. i'll def post up pics when its done.
Bigga Bounce Ent 6:00 PM - 9 September, 2012
Quote:
Hey 12inchskinz, are you guys still making magnetic skins? Or that project got thrown out the window?

Same question, where y'all at with this??
12inchskinz 10:24 PM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Same question, where y'all at with this??

Lets seriously look towards October to get these launched. We didnt want orders on these to get outta control therefore we didnt want to launch something we could not deliver.

We have a great prototype and have been waiting to launch them at the right time. Glad you brought this up again!!!!! Im currently using this on my laptop and I keep about 6 different skinz in my bag. Its fun to change them on the fly depending on the scenario at hand!!!
DjayRage 2:09 AM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
[LINK REMOVED]

FOR VDJ CUSTOM SKINS :)

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!
diabiolique 11:50 AM - 9 April, 2014
Quote:

You have any pics?? @djscuhllie
SiRocket 6:09 AM - 11 April, 2014
Just Got Mine Done! :)

scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net