Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Denon DN-HC1000S Midi compatible with video sl ??? !!!!!

Damian Wolf 3:30 AM - 20 January, 2010
Hey guys i've been messing around with the 1000s w/sl and it kicks ass i'm about to get vsl but i don't have a midi mixer(too damn expensive!!!), and i know that's doing the effects and transistions without it is going to be a bitch. So I was wondering if the 1000s could be mappable to vsl or can it do it's regular fucntions in vsl ?? don't know if its a stupid question but i haven't seen anybody talking bout it !!! thanks

P.S.

anyone know about an affordable midi mixer ?? and do you guys recommend de x-sessions pro for video sl (kinda in a tight budget jejeje) thanks !!
Damian Wolf 3:32 AM - 20 January, 2010
that doing
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:33 PM - 20 January, 2010
i have it and the normal stuff all works ie cue points loops tracks ect ect, ive been toying with the idea of mapping a scene to do effects but then id have to worry about switching scenes to go from effects to normal functionality which may not be worth it...i may give it a shot this weekend
Damian Wolf 5:40 AM - 21 January, 2010
nice !!! let me know man i was thinking the same thing but as you said it might not be worth it = s if you give it a shot please let me know thnaks !!!
DJ'Que 10:53 PM - 21 January, 2010
I have It but I also have the 57 and i put it in group 5 and controll my video effects.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:10 AM - 22 January, 2010
ok i gave it a shot and YES it works, but its definatley not a 57 replacment, im still working on my mappings but the knobs work but their a bit jumpy, and its missing 1 more knob which would make it a REALLY good controller, i went to scene 2 and mapped the right knob to control the effect as well as to pick the effect, same with the right knob, i mapped the middle knob to be the crossfader and the back forward load A and load B butons to be button fader controls, then i mapped the last 2 cues on each side to be effect bypasses.....i was only able to map out 1 effect per deck not sure how you would map a 2nd and i only mapped a button to select crossfader effect but since the mid knob is my crossfader i still have to use the keyboard to select them
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:11 AM - 22 January, 2010
also when mapping your knobs your going to have to make sure and change the variable type (press c) to be able to use them close to correctly but as i said their jumpy for example if you choose rotate you cant control all 360 degrees its more 90 degree angle shifts
DJ Prashant 11:41 AM - 22 January, 2010
slightly unrelated question but you may be able to help me with this! I have DNHC1000s as well and will like to change the group 1-4 of TTM57, how do I midi map them? I tried simply midi learn and it did not work, the manual also does not specify how to change midi settings for TTM57's groups...

any help is appreciated!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:44 PM - 22 January, 2010
i personally dont have a 57 so i cant help you on that one
Damian Wolf 11:22 PM - 30 January, 2010
wow you really went in depth with this man!! i appreciate it, but as you said not a 57 replacement, one question were you able to get it back to it's original settings ?? so in conclusion the 1000s is perfect for what it's made for so i guess i'm going to have to save for a midi mixer o just get used to the keyboard for a while tiil i find a good alternative or save enough cash for my djm-800 cause definetly the rane 68 is out of my price range jejeje anyway thanks for the info man!!!! if you have any suggestions let me know thanks !!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:05 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
wow you really went in depth with this man!! i appreciate it, but as you said not a 57 replacement, one question were you able to get it back to it's original settings ?? so in conclusion the 1000s is perfect for what it's made for so i guess i'm going to have to save for a midi mixer o just get used to the keyboard for a while tiil i find a good alternative or save enough cash for my djm-800 cause definetly the rane 68 is out of my price range jejeje anyway thanks for the info man!!!! if you have any suggestions let me know thanks !!!

ya the originaly settings are saved to scene 1 and cant be changed i mapped everything to scene 2....what ive done and seems to be working fine is taking a 3 port USB hub (i bought a cheap 5 dollar one from office depot but ill prob have to get a better one eventually) and added a Korg Kontrol to my setup, that way i have my 1000 as designated audio using its original functions unedited and then the knobs faders and buttons of the kontrol to control all the VSL functions......so far im really liking it
Joshua Carl 4:48 PM - 1 February, 2010
peep these brother:

$60.00

I think in a non-performance environment you CAN get away with a hc1000
or a midi controller.
BE WARNED. you will lose your mind from boredom!

If you work at a strip club, or maybe a mobile dj who just needs to fire the cue-points and match the beats....
there certainly are non-CV ways to use SSL/VSL
I did a whole night in VSL with my nano-Kontrol (cleaning people stole the 12oos)

theres plenty of guys who make a good living with 19" cd players.
but IMHO a 57 & a midi controller is damn near ideal...
Joshua Carl 4:49 PM - 1 February, 2010
forgot the link
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:13 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:

I think in a non-performance environment you CAN get away with a hc1000
or a midi controller....

the hc 1000 hes talking about IS a midi controller, its an add on to something like some 1200s not a replacemnt
Joshua Carl 5:48 PM - 1 February, 2010
I dont own one...

is it re-mapable?
(IE...when SSL evolves a few more betas....will it be useless?)

I think, like I mentioned, it depends on your style.
but theres no where to map any of the sample player controls to it.
but If I was a 19" denon cd player user....Id go right for this.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:26 PM - 1 February, 2010
yes its remapable it has the presets and 4 additional scenes and acutually the sampler controls are naturally mapped to the cue point buttons you just hit the pads shift key and the cue point and it plays the sampler....just to make sure were talking about the same thing www.samash.com

its not a controller to replace something like turntables or cd players, its more so you can have all the benefits of the 57 without having to pay 1500+ for it....its great for easy cue points loops samples ect ect without having to tough the keyboard you can even scroll through crates tracks ect ect
Joshua Carl 6:49 PM - 1 February, 2010
does the sliders take over the sample pitch control /nugde as well?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:47 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
does the sliders take over the sample pitch control /nugde as well?

there arent any sliders on the HC 1000
Joshua Carl 8:27 PM - 1 February, 2010
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
thats right. I knew that.. DUH...

yet, another reason to go with a midi-controller over that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:35 PM - 1 February, 2010
i think your missing the point completley.....the point to this device isnt to eliminate an input device (ie turntables or cdplayers) its to give you access to all the keyboard options without having to use the keyboard, also its a MUCH smaller footprint than most other devices, you have the ability to set auto loops, set in and out loop points, set and control all cue points, drop samples, pitch knudge, cut your loop, loop roll, scroll crates, scroll tracks, change from preview\file\sampler\history\ ect windows
Joshua Carl 8:37 PM - 1 February, 2010
yeah..

it takes a strong person to admit when they are mistaken..
I am not that person!
hahahahahhahahaha.
ya know if they had just put a pair of sliders on that it would be ideal
(for controlling pitch of the samplers)
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:52 PM - 1 February, 2010
i tip my hat to you sir lol...the obvious oversite is it was released about 6 months ago and 2.0 pretty much in a way obsoletes it
DJ'Que 9:03 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
i tip my hat to you sir lol...the obvious oversite is it was released about 6 months ago and 2.0 pretty much in a way obsoletes it
what Does 2.0 delete and what was released 6 months ago.
Joshua Carl 9:04 PM - 1 February, 2010
even 1.9.2 had the pitch and all the controls... which is what is the bitch to gain controls of...

I dont even know if the ever gave the pitch slider a Micro-control
(IE CTRL + DRAG moves the slider in .000 increments)

I mapped the KorgKontrol scene 2 to control everything in the Sample player + the total internal control of the decks
but in video, I dont use it too often...
So, I reverted back to the NanoPad.

So, I imagine we'll see another incarnation of this unit.
the general rule for electronics is never buy the 1st edition of something.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:39 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

the denon HC 1000 and for thigns liek effect you have to map it to a different scene, i dont like the idea of having to switch scenes from the scene with the necesary stuff to thinks like effects, since its marketed as a out the box all encompassing serato controller and with the 2.0 release theres alot its not covering its kinda obsoleted as its stated purpose
DJ'Que 10:49 PM - 1 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
it was released Oct 30

the denon HC 1000 and for thigns liek effect you have to map it to a different scene, i dont like the idea of having to switch scenes from the scene with the necesary stuff to thinks like effects, since its marketed as a out the box all encompassing serato controller and with the 2.0 release theres alot its not covering its kinda obsoleted as its stated purpose
But I have The 57 so its cool for me.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:52 PM - 1 February, 2010
yup