Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark NS7 Repair Service is BAAADDDD

Dj rick A 5:20 PM - 11 January, 2010
I'm so disappointed with the service it was a waste of 300 dollars,

So i finaly had the chance after newyears to send the ns7 in for repairs from calgary alberta canada.

When i spoke with the gentleman over the phone he told me all the details and sent me an email with a RA number and how to ship it in....

Here is Something that was in the email also

Under warranty, you pay for the shipping to us; we pay for parts, labor, and
the shipping back.

"We also match your method of shipping. That is to say, if you send it to us
UPS Next Day, when processed, we will ship it back to you using Next Day
shipping (using the carrier of our choice). We strongly recommend you use a
shipping carrier which provides you a tracking number for your shipment. Be
sure to keep the tracking number for your records. If your NS7 is lost or
damaged during it's shipment to our service center a tracking number will
often be required to investigate or resolve the matter."

So my repair was done on jan 8, because i called in numark to get the status check, the gentleman told me that its repaired and ready for shipping Either on that day jan 8 or the monday which is today jan 11. so since i didnt recive any tracking info via email i assumed that it was going to be a monday.

so today jan 11 i called em and the gentleman told me that its been shipped out.
and i said ok where is the tracking number.
he says he doesnt know
i told him can you find out
he was like ok
and then i told him that i should get the same shipping method as i sent it in as, right, cuz thats why i payed the extra money for the fast delivery service... and he says..
"i'm not sure about that and he will find out.
An i told him that i hav a gig on friday, i dont need to spend 150 dollars to rent turntables, serato mixer and all..... thats why is spent the extra money to have is shipped fast... and he says
o should book the rental as a back up...
WTF
tahts not correct service, if i was going to rent equipment, i coul have just payed 40 bucks and send it the ns7 for repair for the 1 week delivery thing ... thats BS

who am i supposed to talked to about this....

the gentleman on the phone said he is gna find out and call me back. lol
so what if he calls me back and says " its already been shipped and ill ghet in by next week or some Sh*t...

This is not right....

ANY HELP
ON WHO DO I TALK TO...I know the Numark number 401-658-3131 but then from ther

MY UPS TRACKING INFO WAS THIS: They had it in 2 days
Delivered On: 01/06/2010 2:42 P.M.
Signed By:BROWN
Shipped/Billed On:01/04/2010
Type:PackageService:EXPEDITED
Weight:44.00 Lbs
DJ Moorea 5:24 PM - 11 January, 2010
Wow man -hope they sort that out and get your NS7 back to ya by Thursday (in time for your gig).
djcerla 5:26 PM - 11 January, 2010
Totally misleading topic title.
Dj rick A 5:41 PM - 11 January, 2010
Sorry myybad..

bad shipping service.... what am i suppose to write
I need this BS dealt with now so yah
Dj rick A 6:45 PM - 11 January, 2010
WOOOOOWWWWWWW so i call back numark to check again on where the ns7 is only to hear a door bell ring and the NS7 in front..... My apologize, it wouldnt have happend if i would have had an email with tracking numaber an all but thatnks again and you can remove this discussion if possible thanks again numark taht was som relllly fast service
MusicDan 6:52 PM - 11 January, 2010
That's funny, i was just going to say, "maybe you should wait until the end of the day to rant." Well we are all happy you got it back. Why don't you tell us if they resolved all your issues.
kraal 7:09 PM - 11 January, 2010
dj rick i was going to say the same thing usually the shipping is handled is handled by shipping and receiving. the people answering the phone dont really know the particulars of the individuals shipping methods
jon- e- blaze 9:06 PM - 11 January, 2010
that is so crazy, both time i sent my ns7 in for repair i called to check on status and i swear no bullshit my doorbell rang within 15minutes and it was my 7. I think they have a special service team waiting around the corner from your house and they wait till you call and then they give the team the go ahead.....lol... i know the ns7 as some issues, but i think it is time we start giving numark some props on there support for the ns7, they are banging them out of the service department at a pretty good rate back to the front door.
kraal 9:44 PM - 11 January, 2010
Props should be given cause your unit had to be sent for repairs? :)
DJ Moorea 10:01 PM - 11 January, 2010
Quote:
Props should be given cause your unit had to be sent for repairs? :)

Lol
jon- e- blaze 10:23 PM - 11 January, 2010
oh make no mistake, the numark ns7 is the most unreliable, bug ridden,freeze prone piece of gear i have ever owned, but i love it when it is working. I am just saying i definetly come on the forum and speak my mind about the faults of numark, so i feel i owe it to them to also state the positive points. I think every day should i sell my ns7 and get a vci-300 before my ns7 just doesnt work at all, but the damn thing is so addicting when it works right. Plus i just bought ableton live8 and the new apc40 for some dj/production work because i am hoping that the future of ableton/itch is a huge success, my only problem is will the ns7 be around long enough to see the fruits of the calaboration.
DJ dVO 1:15 AM - 12 January, 2010
I would suggest to talk to someone from Numark and see if they are willing to reimburse you for the rental fee on the equipment for your gig. Get it in writing. If it does, that would solve the problem and start planning for your gig, enjoy the evening, and your NS7 will rightfully arrive in a few days.

I don't see why Numark would not reimburse you if they already shipped it out.
MusicDan 1:29 AM - 12 January, 2010
dvo I think he got his NS7...
jon- e- blaze 1:43 AM - 12 January, 2010
i hve my ns7 now, but it went in 4 times, the first two were for about 6 weeks, but then they started giving me priority, because it was not getting done. I can tell everyone reading this right now i highly suggest you look into priority, not shipping but priority on the repair within numark. Both times it went in priority it was like a 6-8 day turn around back to my door. know i am having an issue with when i use the instant double, about 15% of the time it wont let me set a 1-5 cue point, but i think this is a itch issue not an ns7 issue because it only happens when i use an instant double.
DJ dVO 1:45 AM - 12 January, 2010
LOL..maybe I should have read the entire thread before posting. LOL
MusicDan 1:58 AM - 12 January, 2010
LOL!!!
Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 2:24 PM - 12 January, 2010
Hey all,

Most of us here at Numark are DJ's as well, we understand the need of having your gear and strive to provide a fast turnaround time should anyone require a warranty repair. Any NS7 that requires warranty service should be handeled with priority service, priority service will allow for a fast turnaround time and in the end a happy DJ :)
KLH 5:34 PM - 12 January, 2010
Hey admin, please change the title of this thread to "Numark NS7 Repair Service is (NOT SO) BAAADDDD"

-KLH
Dj rick A 6:51 PM - 12 January, 2010
lol i dont knkow how to change the title
KLH 11:20 PM - 12 January, 2010
^^ I don't think that we can... I think only Admins can do that.

-KLH
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:58 AM - 14 January, 2010
Hey guys,

While I'd love to change the title, Serato has a policy of not changing or removing anything (even if it's negative to us) as a way to foster open and honest dialog with our users and to provide the best possible service and tools for you as DJs.

Numark have proven to us to be a phenomenal company from a Support and Service point of view, and we are constantly hearing good things about them.

I think maybe we should just let this one sink to the bottom of the area eh :D

As for anyone with an issue, please either start a new help thread (here:serato.com), or continue to be patient and direct your energies to your current help thread and we'll do our utmost to continue to work with you to help resolve your problem.

Thanks.
Matt
DJJAZZY2017 3:45 PM - 7 March, 2011
THESE FREAKIN PEOPLE MAKE MILLIONS OFF THIS EXTREMELY HIGH PRICED PIECE OF EQUIPMENT AND YOU'D THINK THE LEAST THEY COULD DO IS BE EXTRA PROMPT WITH REPAIR AND DELIVERY SERVICE, I GOT A USB CONNECTION PROBLEM, HELL IM RELUCTANT TO SHIP THE F#@KIN THING OUT .!!!
djbagz 12:08 PM - 10 March, 2011
i have always said this numark customer service sucks!!!!
hope everything is okay
kraal 4:47 PM - 10 March, 2011
Quote:
GOT A USB CONNECTION PROBLEM, HELL IM RELUCTANT TO SHIP THE F#@KIN THING OUT .!!!

but yet you are complaining about the speed of repair...
DjDecode 4:19 PM - 13 July, 2011
I have been having problems with their Customer Service as well first off... I bought a brand new Numark Mixtrack Pro, at the end of April and after 2 months of use the crossfader was already bad so i sent it in to be repaired they said the turnaround would be about a week and i sent it in on june 30th they would not let me upgrade the shipping even if i paid for the upgrade i am loosing money with out my controll and have not found out what my return shipping tracking number is? They need to modify their Customer Service
zanzibar1 5:32 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
GOT A USB CONNECTION PROBLEM, HELL IM RELUCTANT TO SHIP THE F#@KIN THING OUT .!!!

but yet you are complaining about the speed of repair...

Seriously tho, my ns7 has problems and I am too nervous to send it to Numark, I've heard so many nightmare stories. Also recently I got ripped off by my local hardware/electronics store so I am super nervous about giving my ns7 over to anyone to fix it.

Just gonna get the twitch (as back up) and fix my ns7 myself... wish me luck.
DjDecode 5:41 PM - 13 July, 2011
Yes... I can not give a Cs Rep To give me the tracking number i am loosing money without my controller and i as well paid for faster shipping when i first baught it and they would not ship it faster for me i am getting so angry with their customer service
zanzibar1 8:03 PM - 13 July, 2011
Have you told them you're complaining on the forum? Also start a new discussion in the NS7 help thread if you haven't already. Some numark reps read that and I think they help some people out with similar problems.

Once they realize you are making a stink on the forums and making them look bad, I am sure they'll be a bit more cooperative!

Hope that helps!
djendub 11:59 PM - 24 February, 2012
Quote:
oh make no mistake, the numark ns7 is the most unreliable, bug ridden,freeze prone piece of gear i have ever owned, but i love it when it is working. I am just saying i definetly come on the forum and speak my mind about the faults of numark, so i feel i owe it to them to also state the positive points. I think every day should i sell my ns7 and get a vci-300 before my ns7 just doesnt work at all, but the damn thing is so addicting when it works right. Plus i just bought ableton live8 and the new apc40 for some dj/production work because i am hoping that the future of ableton/itch is a huge success, my only problem is will the ns7 be around long enough to see the fruits of the calaboration.

that EXACT THING JUST HAPPEND TO ME, I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE AND THERE IT WAS AT MY DOOR
DJ 008 (Novice) 10:51 AM - 5 November, 2012
I have broken cue buttons............should I continue using like this or send it in SERATO?
phatbob 11:39 AM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
I have broken cue buttons............should I continue using like this or send it in SERATO?

Send it to Numark.
DJ 008 (Novice) 11:40 AM - 5 November, 2012
Where? I live in AZ
phatbob 1:46 PM - 5 November, 2012
Contact them via the Numark website if you have a hardware problem. It's got nothing to do with Serato.
intel 6:19 PM - 21 November, 2012
I went to this thread because I was in total agreement with it, but then you clearly ended up having a different experience than I have. In my opinion, Numark is close to the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I bought the V7s (don't know why cuz they suck) last June. They broke not long after that. Since the beginning of this year I've been attempting to get them serviced as they are under the extended "pro" warranty through Guitar Center. I've called, I've emailed many times...I have gotten ZERO, 0, NO help from Numark. It's extremely frustrating and I've seen around the web that others have similar experiences. It's unfortunate, but all I can do is keep trying and learn my lesson to NEVER buy Numark again. They are horrid. Serato...you guys are the truth though. Keep it up! Thanks for letting me vent here.
XRM5 8:53 PM - 21 November, 2012
I have resolved never to spend more than $100 on anything made by Numark/Akai/Alesis for the rest of my life.

I got so burned with an HDX. Every step of trying to get it working/repaired was just awful. When I finally got it back repaired I checked it, threw it right back in the shipping box, and put that damn thing on Craigslist before it could break again.
pdaggy 8:07 PM - 11 January, 2013
I have a bunch of buttons sticking on my ns7. Is there any way to fix this without sending it out?
Panotaker 9:47 PM - 15 January, 2013
I have had me NS7 and my two V7's for at least a couple of years and have never had a single problem.
TLevelle 9:18 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
I have had me NS7 and my two V7's for at least a couple of years and have never had a single problem.

Ditto
FCFigueiredo 8:35 PM - 17 January, 2013
I have had my NS7 since April 2009 and it's like a brand new!
hamplifier 9:24 PM - 6 February, 2013
never had a problem with my ns7 , its been abused for 2 years and its still like new
lodwayne 1:12 AM - 7 February, 2013
Since 2009...no problems...
DJ Ms.Denny 1:14 AM - 10 May, 2013
I've always bought my DJ systems through Numark, and have always had problems with not being able to get in touch with Customer Service. I'm always on hold for 45 minutes or more and honestly,don't have that kind of time to be on hold.

I started out years ago with the CDN90, the drawers wouldn't open. I've also had numerous problems with both the iDJ2 (play button gets stuck and songs do not load fast enough, even though I've run them through librarian)...and with the NS6...Serato Itch seems to have too many bugs as well. Same thing has happened with my friend's NS7. I just don't understand why Numark has so many problems with their systems. There shouldn't be so many complaints.
Is there a reason that so many systems aren't dependable?

So now I'm looking for another system...something lightweight, but not sure if I'm sticking to Numark anymore. It's very aggravating trying to get costumer service, even the guys at the music stores that I deal with tell me the same.

So to me, it sounds like Numark is NOmark.

I need to send in my iDJ2 somewhere to have it fixed, but I don't need to spend more money than it's worth, so how do I deal with that? (This is my backup system)
phatbob 1:28 AM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
how do I deal with that?

Stop continually buying Numark products?

I don't own any of their stuff, so can't comment on whether their service is good or bad, but it seems pretty clear you've had nothing but problems since your first purchase, yet you keep giving them your money...
DJ Ms.Denny 7:58 AM - 10 May, 2013
@Phatbob...So who's product do YOU use? And have you ever had problems with your system?
hamplifier 8:09 AM - 10 May, 2013
Its like with any product you buy tho, there will allways be some you have problems with, ive had to play in some really old dusty Sheds and when i look at the ns7 the next day theres a layer of dust 2mm thick on it , i just pull it apart, clean it out and its like new again, only problem ive ever had with it is the software that runs it
phatbob 10:05 AM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
@Phatbob...So who's product do YOU use? And have you ever had problems with your system?

My current setups include products from Serato, Pioneer, Vestax, DJ Techtools, Rane, Shure, Sennheiser, Inklen, and Apple. None of those products are 100% perfection (but what is?) and I have experienced nothing but good service from all of those companies.

That doesn't mean I have any loyalty to those companies; if I have a problem with any of those products in the future, and I don't get the service I expect, then I'll look elsewhere next time.

In the case of Apple, for example, I'm happy to pay a premium, not only for the quality, but the level of service I receive compared to the likes of Dell who I've dealt with in the past. And that's why I won't be buying Dell products in the future.

In a similar vein, I switched mobile phone providers two years ago because the customer service was so poor with my last one. And the new one hasn't been much better, so when my contract is up I'll be switching to a third provider.

As a consumer, you should always vote with your wallet and not continue to reward a company that gives you bad service, if that's your opinion of what you've received.
DJ Ms.Denny 7:15 PM - 10 May, 2013
I appreciate your reply!
As for Apple...HA! My hubby and you are on the same page...he's been a Mac guy for years and had tried to convert me, so now I"m sold after using the Mac that I gave him 2 years ago. (he's a graphic artist and photographer)...so I'm off to buy a MacBook Pro this week.

I think the reason I stuck with Numark is bc I got used to their hardware...found it simple to use. But you're right, I shouldn't reward a company which gives me bad service.

Going to check the Pioneer's DDJ-SX...seems to be a copy of the NS6 with a lot more bells and whistles. Not that I use all that stuff...I don't know how to scratch. I'm into that old school mixing and blending (Disco days-Vinyl)

Thanks again for your info!
:-)
phatbob 9:19 PM - 10 May, 2013
No worries. I understand what you're saying about liking how their products work; I've been using some of my stuff for many years, and to change up brands would be tough. But I'd definitely do it if was kept on hold for 45 minutes regularly!

My advice to you (and anyone else) would be to find a dealer close to you, and put all your purchases through them, even if it sometimes means paying a bit more than the cheapest web price.

Get to know them, become a regular customer, and they'll have your back in any warranty disputes, and they'll deal with the manufacturers for you.

A reliable equipment dealer is worth their weight in gold.
DJ 008 (Novice) 8:34 AM - 10 February, 2014
Broken Cue Button (Mind Of Its Own)
DJFritz 5:08 PM - 18 September, 2014
I'm a bit late but I can say from being elbow deep in an NS7 at the moment... The construction on these SUCK. They have a great platform and they have definitely improved with the NS7'II but the original NS7 is just poorly designed internally. DJ 008, broken que buttons can be easy and most repair shops should be able to do out of warranty work cheaper than Numark plus there is no shipping involved if they are local! (Broken que button is one two pole momentary switch on a large PCB)
rjf 2:09 AM - 1 May, 2015
I have a TT200 that plays well, but the first song on any album will not catch by itself.
The needle seems to be ok. I have tried the usual adjustments. Any ideas?
Juan ontiveros 5:24 PM - 14 September, 2015
i have a numark ns7 that i don't have sound coming from (headphones,master output,mic snd aux too)what can i do or anybody have the same problem
PLEASE I NEED HELP CAUSE I HAVE A GIG THIS WEEKEND ,THANK U
tyreke 4:35 PM - 27 December, 2015
how do i clean the platter to look like new again ?