Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ITCH songs failing?

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300 + Vestax VFX-1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
jayrockwell 2:44 AM - 4 January, 2010
Product: itch
Version: 1.3
Hardware: vestax-vci-300||vestax-vfx-1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

Ok so I've been using my Mac and VCI combo now successfully since May.

Everything cool. Loves it.

But suddenly I'm getting a problem. My songs that I buy recently (only songs I've purchased in the last few weeks, brand new releases ie. Wiley - Take That) from iTunes will not play (and are then shown as corrupt files) on my ITCH software.

This is the odd bit though. In Scratch Live they play perfectly and even "un-corrupt" as soon as they are dragged to the turntable on screen???

So my files are playing fine in Scratch Live (both SL1 and SL3) but NOT in ITCH (which is my preferred choice).
jayrockwell 2:46 AM - 4 January, 2010
Just to add a bit of detail.

When I drag a file to the deck in ITCH that has this problem the Artist and title show up but the waveform shows blank.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:20 AM - 5 January, 2010
Hi jayrockwell.

If you download that latest beta of ITCH (version 1.5) does this still happen?
serato.com

Make sure you read and follow the beta information and rules.

Cheers.
DjCallejero 3:40 AM - 5 January, 2010
Hi jayrockwell.
did you download the beta? did it fix your problem? please let me know because i have the same problem. thanks
jayrockwell 6:01 AM - 5 January, 2010
Hi Matt-C and DJCallejero,

I've downloaded the ITCH 1.5 (public release candidate 1) and it totally fixes the problem.

I'm not gonna lie I'm feeling shook at the thought of running a beta out live though!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 9:30 PM - 5 January, 2010
The beta is very close to full release, so not long to wait.
DjCallejero 11:43 PM - 5 January, 2010
Well i downloded the beta but when i checked the version it still shows that im running the 1.1.0 version. when I downloded the beta my imac asked me to restart the computer and i did, when it came back on nothing happen???? so i opened itch and it is still the same old version. any ideas????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 12:43 AM - 6 January, 2010
Your shortcut for ITCH will be aiming at the old version, you will either need to make another one for the new version, or redirect the link to the new version.
DjCallejero 12:55 AM - 6 January, 2010
thank you but i goit it to work but now I have another problem!! itch was working fine like two days ago and now when i open it it shows me a Hadware disconnection problem. but the plates and all the buttons light up, when i touch the plate it turns red....any ideas???
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:03 AM - 6 January, 2010
In ITCH 1.5?
DjCallejero 1:45 AM - 6 January, 2010
yes in 1.5 and 1.1 itch
DjCallejero 1:45 AM - 6 January, 2010
I just bought it like two months ago.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:56 AM - 6 January, 2010
So it was working ok until two days ago?
Did you do anything then? Install or upgrade other software/hardware etc?
DjCallejero 2:20 AM - 6 January, 2010
on the 26 I took my iMac and my vci-300 to my moms house to practice and the only thing i did was switch my airport connection to my moms internet provider. I brought it back turned it on and then i got the Hardware Disc message. I looked around your forum for help and I did. there was a guy with the same problem and what he did is he added a midi device under utilities Audio and midi. So I did the same thing and it fixed it. so i shut down my computer came back open itch and there it was.....Hardware Disconnection!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:31 AM - 6 January, 2010
Is this what you did:

Go to: Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup
Plug the VCI-300 in, then create a new MIDI configuration, change from a miscellaneous device to a recognized Vestax MIDI controller.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 3:03 AM - 6 January, 2010
Quote:
But guess what?? you fixed my problem

Fantastic news! Enjoy :D