Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Filter Junkie......

James Roberts 8:39 PM - 29 December, 2009
So then whats this filter junkie?

Itch told me to hold down alt+ and i will a get a filter... anyone else seen this?
James Roberts 8:41 PM - 29 December, 2009
also i was level 1.
casket hands 8:52 PM - 29 December, 2009
you're going to have to elaborate on this one for us.
James Roberts 9:23 PM - 29 December, 2009
Just above the left hand deck. A message came up that i was a level 1 filter junkie and i had 30secs to hold down some keys to get it.

has no one else seen this then?
spazz 12:41 AM - 30 December, 2009
Nope. Sure haven't.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:47 AM - 30 December, 2009
Quote:

I have. FYI James, you're not crazy :-)
kraal 12:57 AM - 30 December, 2009
man now i am going to be looking for messages
marcA 7:29 AM - 30 December, 2009
so what is it all about ... easter eggs ? i've seen similar messages to...
James Roberts 9:21 AM - 30 December, 2009
Quote:
Quote:

I have. FYI James, you're not crazy :-)

Good!!! haha

what have i found then? :0)
czar 9:40 AM - 30 December, 2009
how come I don't see them!!!!? =]
I1Kirm 10:50 AM - 30 December, 2009
Obviously we should all play more with our VFX
James can you remember what you were doing when the message popped up?
James Roberts 11:57 AM - 30 December, 2009
I dont have a VFX, just the vci.

I wasn't doing anything out of normal. Just having a mix, going through some tunes for NYE.
kraal 5:13 PM - 30 December, 2009
i think reports of 'good job 'have also showed up
James Roberts 8:24 PM - 30 December, 2009
Got it again.. Its says hold down alt+ and ill get one knob filter you have 30secs.

I did it and nothing happened :0(
kraal 8:37 PM - 30 December, 2009
what version are u using?
James Roberts 8:47 PM - 30 December, 2009
1.5 Beta 3
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 8:51 PM - 30 December, 2009
play with the eq knobs on the VCI a little more - you dont need a VFX ;)
James Roberts 9:00 PM - 30 December, 2009
ooh lets have ago..
James Roberts 9:40 PM - 30 December, 2009
What ever you gotta press.. im not pressing it.
kraal 9:55 PM - 30 December, 2009
what it is saying is use the eq knobs for eqing filter effects... i
James Roberts 9:57 PM - 30 December, 2009
I did, i did while pressing shift etc etc
kraal 10:07 PM - 30 December, 2009
you are actually making the joke even more entertaining :)
James Roberts 10:11 PM - 30 December, 2009
i try :0)
pakuz_757 3:16 AM - 31 December, 2009
Anybody try holding alt and moving eq knobs? anything? are we even getting warm?
casket hands 4:17 AM - 31 December, 2009
gonna try this when I get home. I was managing all my files today and didnt get a chance to try earlier.
kraal 6:51 AM - 31 December, 2009
Quote:
Anybody try holding alt and moving eq knobs? anything? are we even getting warm?

hmmmmm ..... oh bother :)

before the effects units on dj setups the dj actually made different sounds by tweeking the EQ's... the changes you hear IS the effect it is not a secret mystery button.
James Roberts 8:01 AM - 31 December, 2009
Ha ha I got there in the end!

So this 'press alt+' does nothing ?
Antony Ellis 10:42 AM - 31 December, 2009
No
casket hands 5:55 AM - 1 January, 2010
definitely not working with the EQ knobs. still trying.
James Roberts 9:46 PM - 8 January, 2010
Here is a picture of it:
farm5.static.flickr.com
Kmxorbit 10:45 PM - 8 January, 2010
To me it said something like
"you're close to something" LOL
James Roberts 10:50 PM - 8 January, 2010
yeah i got that too...
casket hands 10:59 PM - 8 January, 2010
I think it's just a gag to say if you want some filters why not use your eqs. I got a whole bunch of different lines while using my eqs to blend in and out of songs.
kraal 11:00 PM - 8 January, 2010
Quote:
I think it's just a gag to say if you want some filters why not use your eqs. I got a whole bunch of different lines while using my eqs to blend in and out of songs.

right
James Roberts 11:05 PM - 8 January, 2010
but it says for one knob filter...

maybe it is. Never mind :0(
czar 1:32 AM - 9 January, 2010
haha its like a rick roll inside ITch lmao!
marcA 12:55 PM - 9 January, 2010
press 'alt' + ','
Kmxorbit 3:17 PM - 9 January, 2010
Quote:
press 'alt' + ','

What does it do?
marcA 3:23 PM - 9 January, 2010
dunno LOL
the hint says to press that combo, maybe James didn't press it...
Serato
Pene 12:29 AM - 11 January, 2010
Quote:

it's not just a gag - marcA has it ;)
Cid K 1:11 AM - 11 January, 2010
So this is actually a real feature ???
casket hands 6:14 AM - 11 January, 2010
I've done all the steps but cant hear any sound difference. maybe I should file a bug report for the easter egg. :D
James Roberts 11:37 AM - 11 January, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
it's not just a gag - marcA has it ;)

:0)
rorz007 3:15 PM - 11 January, 2010
C'mon then Pene!!!

Give us a clue!!

Whats the story with the criptic messages on ITCH and on the forum??
weg2286 2:08 AM - 6 February, 2010
I've had all these messages as well, i want to know what they mean and the alt+ doesn't seem to do anything when i pressed it
kraal 2:15 AM - 6 February, 2010
it is alt plus , i beleive
czar 4:46 AM - 6 February, 2010
lol funny how no one tells what it does? =)
James Roberts 12:41 PM - 6 February, 2010
It is (press ALT and ,) together and you get a filter with the bass eq..

I wasn't going mad after all!
Qbasssounds 7:12 PM - 6 February, 2010
is only for vci or ns7
pakuz_757 7:14 PM - 6 February, 2010
can you do it at anytime or do you have to wait for the message to pop up?
kraal 7:21 PM - 6 February, 2010
try it and see ... :)
pakuz_757 7:31 PM - 6 February, 2010
this is soooo much fun! I love this game where we play who's cooler and knows more easter eggs than everyone else. Isn't that what this forum is about? Holding out on info for our fellow djs and then rubbing it in? .....for those that have trouble with sarcasm....it's smacking you in the face right now! ....yes I'm bored
czar 7:32 PM - 6 February, 2010
Quote:
this is soooo much fun! I love this game where we play who's cooler and knows more easter eggs than everyone else. Isn't that what this forum is about? Holding out on info for our fellow djs and then rubbing it in? .....for those that have trouble with sarcasm....it's smacking you in the face right now! ....yes I'm bored

HAHAHA
Kmxorbit 7:50 PM - 6 February, 2010
LOL
casket hands 8:13 PM - 6 February, 2010
wait so you press ALT , (comma) or ALT +
I still havent had it work yet.
sheeno 10:44 PM - 16 February, 2010
Arrgh! I cant get this to work yet!

Its is alt + or alt ,?
casket hands 5:33 AM - 17 February, 2010
alt , after you see the 30 seconds message. I actually really like.
marcA 7:48 AM - 17 February, 2010
me to, i find it really great !
kraal 8:24 AM - 17 February, 2010
you have to get the message first tho
marcA 11:27 AM - 17 February, 2010
that aint much of a problem
just turn the hi and low simultaneously up and down a few times and the message appears right away :)
yeahdef 3:49 PM - 17 February, 2010
yah i did it last night. just move the hi/lo eq knobs in tandem all the way left and right a few times.
unfortunately i couldnt get it to work on my friends copy of itch - so i think it wont work on 1.1.0 - get the latest RC2 and you should be able to reproduce it.
sheeno 7:18 PM - 17 February, 2010
Got it working - Its awesome! But...

Its a bit buggy for me :-( When I engage it, I get a small dropout and also, the second time I used it, the sound disappeared from the left side (but only when the left 'filter' knob was in the center notch). Anyone else having similar problems?

Cheers,
Sean.
James Roberts 10:07 PM - 17 February, 2010
Quote:
Got it working - Its awesome! But...Its a bit buggy for me :-( When I engage it, I get a small dropout and also, the second time I used it, the sound disappeared from the left side (but only when the left 'filter' knob was in the center notch). Anyone else having similar problems?Cheers,Sean.

Thats what i had.. what version you running?
sheeno 12:54 PM - 18 February, 2010
RC 2 - I think its 15047
Socross 12:35 AM - 20 February, 2010
Just got this working in 1.5 - it's AWESOME! I used to have the pioneer djm-800, and I really liked the filter on that (spin it left for low pass, right for high pass) and now I have it again!

It would be nice if it remained unlocked, I don't like having to do the filter junkie thing every time I turn it on. Probably in 2.0 though.
kraal 12:40 AM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
Probably in 2.0 though.

prob not
Dj Beware 3:10 AM - 20 February, 2010
I got a nother strange message something like "Your almost there, try again" something to that effect......I was playing the highs and lows too
Dj Beware 3:14 AM - 20 February, 2010
Actually the message was "your getting it, again for good luck" not the above
Dj Beware 3:16 AM - 20 February, 2010
The other question is, I wonder if there is a Filter Junkie Level 2...........
marcA 10:00 AM - 20 February, 2010
there are other messages that appear to....it's been a while though
djcerla 12:06 PM - 20 February, 2010
The best thing is that, when the superfilter is engaged. the MID control becomes assigned to the LOW, allowing fine tuning of bass.

Clever!
Jimmy Fingers 12:46 PM - 20 February, 2010
Ahhh CRAP, now I have to figure this one out as well!!!!
There goes a quit night in front of the tv....
The Reverand 1:15 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
The other question is, I wonder if there is a Filter Junkie Level 2...........

Or Level 3. Mwah hahahahaha
djcerla 1:35 PM - 20 February, 2010
Found it!

Filter Junkie Level 2 ---> www.thefreshscent.com
The Reverand 1:45 PM - 20 February, 2010
No no, I think thats level 4 or 5.
sheeno 1:58 PM - 20 February, 2010
Has the super filter made it to 1.5?
djcerla 2:03 PM - 20 February, 2010
yup
sheeno 2:34 PM - 20 February, 2010
Can you just activate it or do you need to work the eq knobs until it tells you to press alt ,?
djcerla 2:52 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
Can you just activate it or do you need to work the eq knobs until it tells you to press alt ,?

Quote:
just turn the hi and low simultaneously up and down a few times and the message appears right away :)
Jimmy Fingers 7:20 PM - 20 February, 2010
Wghahaaaa Found it.....

Only prob is... my system ain't heavy enough for this joke hahaha Sounds like crap
casket hands 8:08 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
The best thing is that, when the superfilter is engaged. the MID control becomes assigned to the LOW, allowing fine tuning of bass.

Clever!

good to know. this is the main reason I ever switch it off.
czar 8:44 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:

wouldn't it be better to assign the effect to the "start time" or "stop time" knobs so to leave the EQ alone?
czar 8:48 PM - 20 February, 2010
Serato could also have a page that allows us to "vote" on the knobs and buttons we use the most so to help them decide what keys are better to re-program =D

(In my previous post I didn't mean to say "wouldn't it be better", but say "it could also be assigned to the start/stop time knobs.")
Dj Beware 9:01 PM - 20 February, 2010
I find this "Filter Junkie" thing interesting........as many time Serato reps have mentioned in this forum the infamous 1 to 1 relationships between their hardware and software, doesn't this "super filter" break that?

I don't why then they can't have a feature that allows us to reassign the loop out buttons to CUES or reassign the CENSOR, CRATES, FILES and BROWSE buttons to say a built in Sample bank
czar 9:07 PM - 20 February, 2010
Quote:
I find this "Filter Junkie" thing interesting........as many time Serato reps have mentioned in this forum the infamous 1 to 1 relationships between their hardware and software, doesn't this "super filter" break that?

I like the effect! Leave it alone! LOL! =)
czar 9:07 PM - 20 February, 2010
PLEASE!
czar 11:10 PM - 20 February, 2010
to clarify ***I actually like the Filter Junkie the way it is set now, it's different to what I'm used but interesting...
pakuz_757 11:37 PM - 20 February, 2010
Officially activating filters/effects will most likely not happen as I'm sure serato has a contract with vestax/nummark that guarantees only their specifically designed hardware allows effects in itch. That guarantees a lot of us will go out and spend another $250 on a box that does nothing but activates effects already in the software. I don't know a lot about midi but I think that whole 1 to 1 thing is BS and the filter junkie proves it. Or I could have no clue what the hell I'm talking about.
kraal 11:59 PM - 20 February, 2010
1 to 1 simply means the controller controls an effect in the software
pakuz_757 12:57 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:
1 to 1 simply means the controller controls an effect in the software

uhhh...yeah I think we understand the controller "controls" the software. 1 to 1 as I understood was that the midi mapping is designed so that each hardware button can only have ONE function. Someone who understands what serato really meant by 1 to 1 (and anything better than "1 to 1 means the controller controls the software" would help) drop a post and enlighten us.
Dj Beware 1:12 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:
1 to 1 as I understood was that the midi mapping is designed so that each hardware button can only have ONE function.

That's my understanding as well.
kraal 1:14 AM - 21 February, 2010
Integrated "one to one" hardware to software mapping for instant control and minimum setup time.

that is all that is really said. so i really don't see how all these things break one to one mapping, If that were the case using the shift button breaks it. I take it meaning that you dont need too click in the software to control djing..... this is of course just my take
Dj Beware 1:29 AM - 21 February, 2010
Taken from: www.serato.com

Quote:
ITCH 2.0 will not feature a sampler, the SP-6 in Scratch Live is a cool feature but it would fundamentally break the 1 to 1 mapping of ITCH to introduce a feature that the hardware does not have controls for.

I understand that as if there is not a control for it on the controller then your will not see the feature. I don't see how this statement above differs if it were to say......(please note I can't recall if SSL has a Super Filter)

ITCH 2.0 will not feature a Super filter, the Super filter in Scratch Live is a cool feature but it would fundamentally break the 1 to 1 mapping of ITCH to introduce a feature that the hardware does not have controls for.
kraal 1:34 AM - 21 February, 2010
but the hardware does have a control for it.... THE LOW EQ

for sampler there is no knob to control volume of slides to adjust pitch no button to load the sample or select the sample to play no volume adjust ect
pakuz_757 1:43 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:
Integrated "one to one" hardware to software mapping for instant control and minimum setup time.

that is all that is really said. so i really don't see how all these things break one to one mapping, If that were the case using the shift button breaks it. I take it meaning that you dont need too click in the software to control djing..... this is of course just my take

Using the shift button just activates it's own dedicated function: Shift.

Basically what I'm getting to is that I thought the serato guy said you cant change the functions of any of the buttons because the hardware/software relationship was designed to have 1 to 1 unchangeable mapping.

What I thought this meant was there that there is no way to have the bass knob control a filter. Out of the box both the software and hardware are wired so that the bass knob will ONLY ever control the bass. He made it sound like it was a design issue and that was the end of it. But now we know the bass knob can control other software functions.

My head hurts now and I'm only sure of one thing. Officially giving itch "internal" effects would only result in a loss of revenue on the vestax vfx and nummark's counterpart. This is something I guarantee was a topic of discussion in the contract between serato and vestax(and nummark).

I'm sure it can be done but I'm also sure it won't. The "1 to 1 mapping" is a better explanation to the customer versus "I'm sorry but if you want to control the effects in the software you already purchased, then you'll have to drop another $250."
kraal 1:53 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:

Basically what I'm getting to is that I thought the serato guy said you cant change the functions of any of the buttons because the hardware/software relationship was designed to have 1 to 1 unchangeable mapping.

."

i think this is the issue more members have commented on the 1 to 1 mapping than official serato so that is why it is all getting muddy

Quote:

I'm sure it can be done but I'm also sure it won't. The "1 to 1 mapping" is a better explanation to the customer versus "I'm sorry but if you want to control the effects in the software you already purchased, then you'll have to drop another $250."

this should actually read to control FX for HARDWARE you purchased that did not have FX fuctionality you need to buy an additional controller ;)
pakuz_757 1:59 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:

Quote:

this should actually read to control FX for HARDWARE you purchased that did not have FX fuctionality you need to buy an additional controller ;)

The effects are in the software(Itch)...not the hardware(vci-300). All the vfx does is tell the software (itch) "ok im hooked up, you can unlock the effects now." Then it controls parameters like any simple midi controller does. The effects have nothing to do with the VCI, and has everything to do with ITCH (software).
kraal 2:09 AM - 21 February, 2010
[

Quote:

The effects are in the software(Itch)...not the hardware(vci-300). All the vfx does is tell the software (itch) "ok im hooked up, you can unlock the effects now." Then it controls parameters like any simple midi controller does. The effects have nothing to do with the VCI, and has everything to do with ITCH (software).

but the software functionality is based on what controller you purchase that right there is the MO of ITCH.
The Reverand 2:11 AM - 21 February, 2010
Itch is a 1 to 1 hardware / software integration platform. There are a lot of things 1 to 1 typically means, in Itch this means in order to use software features, you need the hardware. So Itch can have any feature it wants, if you don't have the other "1", then you can't use it.
kraal 2:15 AM - 21 February, 2010
^^ good response ^^
pakuz_757 2:22 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:
Itch is a 1 to 1 hardware / software integration platform. There are a lot of things 1 to 1 typically means, in Itch this means in order to use software features, you need the hardware. So Itch can have any feature it wants, if you don't have the other "1", then you can't use it.

Makes sense. The software could have been programed to give hidden functionality to certain knobs but only under certain circumstances. Because of the fact the serato is in contract with vestax/nummark, I'm sure we'll only see these hidden effects as easter eggs.
I1Kirm 4:56 AM - 21 February, 2010
Quote:
1 to 1 as I understood was that the midi mapping is designed so that each hardware button can only have ONE function.

Most of the buttons on VCI and NS7 have TWO or more functions depending on some triggers and status of other buttons. For example, each hot-que button can either
1) Set a hot-cue point (if not previously set)
2) Jump to a hot-cue point (if previously set)
3) Delete a hot-cue point (if pressed together with Shift)
4) Jump to the loop-out point (if pressed while the corresponding loop-out button is engaged)

Same goes with Play/Pause, Cue, Pitch Range etc

I think the definitions of 1 to 1 by kraal and Reverand are much closer to reality.
djstefy74 9:05 AM - 21 February, 2010
..Like someone said i think Serato can assign to the crate\files\browse w\shift effects and maybe via software menu you can adjust the level of any effect,i'm not an effect fan but it is fun to use sometimes..in every case i think that the Vci 300 or Ns7 are made to have the better turntable feelings..so the effects are so not important
I1Kirm 9:58 AM - 21 February, 2010
This will never happen. If someone wants effects he should buy a VFX or NSFX. It's just how things are... Super filter is a nice easter egg and will probably remain one. It's a cool feature but is not much of an effect anyways...
JBoogz 7:36 PM - 25 February, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Got it working - Its awesome! But...Its a bit buggy for me :-( When I engage it, I get a small dropout and also, the second time I used it, the sound disappeared from the left side (but only when the left 'filter' knob was in the center notch). Anyone else having similar problems?Cheers,Sean.

Thats what i had.. what version you running?

I'm getting the same issue with the 1.5 final release. Any suggestions? I'm running a MacBook Pro 2 gigs ram, and at the time I was only running itch. I even disable AirPort.
I1Kirm 8:57 PM - 25 February, 2010
I am getting the same issue as well. From point 0 and all the way to the left it causes the audio to stop playing from the one channel. I am using VCI and VFX at the same time. It also causes problems to the effects of the VFX so I suggest to avoid using super filter live
djcerla 3:48 PM - 7 March, 2010
Hi guys

I'm reporting a problem with Superfilter that happened in the studio & at the club.

Like a sudden decrease in master output volume (equal on both channels), not apparently related to a Superfilter knob movement. The full volume seems to reappear later at a random moment. After switching Superfilter OFF, all fine as usual.
yeahdef 11:08 PM - 7 March, 2010
Quote:

Like a sudden decrease in master output volume (equal on both channels), not apparently related to a Superfilter knob movement. The full volume seems to reappear later at a random moment. After switching Superfilter OFF, all fine as usual.

I think ive experienced this - but my issue is somewhat different and dont know if its been brought up before.

on the vci300 if the right channel superfilter is turned past 12 oclock clockwise (entering the high pass filter), the main and headphone output drops the left channel entirely. if this is the same problem in the ns7 superfilter - it could be what you're experiencing.
djcerla 3:39 PM - 9 March, 2010
Wow! definitely something you wouldn't want to use live!

While preparing a new NS7 video, the BOOTH out suddenly "crashed" (silence and loud statics) during a Superfilter movement, while the MASTER out was fine.

rebooting the NS7 no cure, rebooting ITCH solved the problem.
DJ EAE 6:50 PM - 11 June, 2010
I recently tried filter junkie and I also lost all sound on one channel - is there a fix for this yet?
Subdriven 12:14 AM - 12 June, 2010
works fine for me
djJukeBox 12:10 AM - 20 August, 2010
hi guys... I'v had a message and activated superfilter. After that ITCH said if you want to enable filter, press alt+, ...I did it and filter worked great... I'm wondering If I want to turn it off while working, to get everithing normal, how to do that??
yeahdef 12:32 AM - 20 August, 2010
press it again
djJukeBox 12:37 AM - 20 August, 2010
tried but didn't work... I'll try again tomorrow... If I am able to turn it of without tweaking eq's while mixing for 2 hours :D
zaguama 12:52 AM - 20 August, 2010
heh i'd stay away of using the superfilter, chances are 99% that you will loose one channel when using it, just as a piece of advice :)
czar 1:45 AM - 20 August, 2010
I used it a few times and i didnt get a channel drop. I think I was lucky then. Its a good feature tho
DJ Rav 5:23 AM - 20 August, 2010
alt and A and +
czar 11:57 AM - 20 August, 2010
isnt it (alt and ,) ?
Subdriven 2:05 PM - 20 August, 2010
yea alt then , ...

Sometimes it hangs up and you can't turn it off.. sometimes it won't activate... sometimes it drops a channel... remebr this is a easter egg and not a original 1 to 1 part of the program. If it works fine for you then congrats, if it doesn't.. oh well...
Cid K 9:11 PM - 20 August, 2010
It's Alt + Diner Kraft
djJukeBox 10:04 AM - 26 August, 2010
pity, it's very interesting idea... and very useful filter... It was working for me for about 3 days normally and just in the middle of the set it turned one channel off... Luckily I was reading about it here on forum and I turned it off right away and channel was back...
Subdriven 11:01 AM - 26 August, 2010
I've never had a channel drop out. I have been stuck with it on till I restart Itch, and do get small pops when I activate it. but nothing I can't deal with.
JBoogz 2:24 PM - 26 August, 2010
I'm getting the pops as well. This is such a great filter without having the NSFX. I'm sure they'll be working on it.
Subdriven 3:44 PM - 26 August, 2010
it's been there for a LONG time.... not like it's new..
djJukeBox 4:19 PM - 26 August, 2010
however... They must not let the possibility of losing whole channel stay and do nothing about it... As I can see, everybody is having some problem with filter and I think that someone from serato should ask programmers why...
djJukeBox 4:19 PM - 26 August, 2010
however... They must not let the possibility of losing whole channel stay and do nothing about it... As I can see, everybody is having some problem with filter and I think that someone should ask programmers why...
bigdik magee 4:35 PM - 26 August, 2010
I thought I read somewhere that this was fixed in 1.7 RC3 which, may, be gold soon.
Subdriven 6:56 PM - 26 August, 2010
RC3??? I've only seen RC2..
Subdriven 6:57 PM - 26 August, 2010
Nvm.. guess RC3 just came out.. lol
zaguama 10:48 PM - 26 August, 2010
any of u guys tested the super filter on RC3 yet?, any issues?
Subdriven 1:20 AM - 27 August, 2010
Will be trying it soon... will let you know
Kahlo-Man 4:25 PM - 14 May, 2012
Hold the ALT key and the + key and the , key to turn on super filter when you get the Level 1 Filter Junkie message.

Puts HPL and LPL on the bass knob and some other shiz with the other two... cool to get fast effects rather than going throughout the NS7FX. I wonder if NS7FX still works and can layer effects this way?
marcA 5:54 PM - 14 May, 2012
Quote:
Hold the ALT key and the + key and the , key to turn on super filter when you get the Level 1 Filter Junkie message.

Puts HPL and LPL on the bass knob and some other shiz with the other two... cool to get fast effects rather than going throughout the NS7FX. I wonder if NS7FX still works and can layer effects this way?

sure
DJ Splat 6:47 PM - 2 July, 2012
There is no plus(+) key involved in this proceedure. Just alt and then comma(,) after it is activated just use comma to turn filter on and off. Getting it activated can be a little buggy but once it is activated it works great. I wish Serato would just support this and make it common knowlege. This is one of the itches best features next to loop rolls!
turntablist master junry 8:51 AM - 22 February, 2014
serato dj plss support for this.....just the supper filter
DJ Splat 9:09 PM - 4 March, 2015
+1