Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VCI-300 Replacement Crossfader

djreece1 3:56 PM - 30 October, 2009
My VCI-300 is out of warranty and now I need a crossfader. Where can I order one? anybody know??
kraal 4:03 PM - 30 October, 2009
no where you need to send it to vestax for repair
spazz 3:26 AM - 31 October, 2009
dam... didn't know that
kraal 3:34 AM - 31 October, 2009
its not standard but the actual connection is simple if you open it up... just non standard crossfader
OJ 4:05 PM - 16 November, 2009
Kraal. I have a Pro X Fader as a 'potential' replacement. Will that fit? If so, do you know the pin-outs so that I can wire it up correctly?
Dj Fitty 10:23 PM - 3 December, 2010
damn you cant order a replacement after its been out this long, mine is bleeding and noisy and nothing seems to work, I guess this is when I am supposed to go buy a back up vci while I send mine in for repair. NOT man I hate this.
Dj Fitty 11:39 PM - 3 December, 2010
wonder if this will work. www.vstservice.com
kraal 12:00 AM - 4 December, 2010
if yours is bleeding try contact spray
Dj Fitty 2:55 PM - 4 December, 2010
cleaning didnt work. I need a solution now. Is there any where that can fix this same day or is there any other fader that will work with this?
kraal 3:55 PM - 4 December, 2010
Quote:
cleaning didnt work. I need a solution now. Is there any where that can fix this same day or is there any other fader that will work with this?

i know it is NOT the same as the vci-100
kraal 3:56 PM - 4 December, 2010
dj Fittyy try here
1200s.com
Dj Fitty 5:32 PM - 4 December, 2010
Ok thanks bro, I just hate to break out the xponent because of a cheap azz cross fader
nik39 11:43 PM - 5 December, 2010
Quote:
dj Fittyy try here
1200s.com

Nice one.
Dj Fitty 9:25 PM - 6 December, 2010
Just ordered crossfader from 1200's and it's a 5 week back order.(that's 30 nights that I gig) I also put in a support ticket with no response. I like my vci-300 but I think this will be the last product I buy from Vestax.
kraal 10:38 PM - 6 December, 2010
you can look and see the back order issues with numark.
rane charges and arm and a leg for repairs
soon you will not be buying any product by anyone if you base it on repair service.

best bet is to start working on having a back up
Dj Fitty 2:15 PM - 10 December, 2010
at the moment planning on the VCI-300 to be my back up if I decide on getting it fixed. Not 100% what I will purchase, gonna wait till after NAMM. But crossfader replacement is gonna play a major factor. The vci-300 MKII has a choice of faders, (not sure if you can order a crossfader for standby for it) so I will be looking at it along with the S4. At the moment using Traktor 3.4.1 with the xponent
Dj Fitty 2:10 PM - 11 December, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

i know it is NOT the same as the vci-100

Kraal on the 1200's site the part number for the crossfader is the same as all the other sites. They all say its for the 100 or 300. You are saying this will not work? because if so I need to cancel my order.
kraal 6:28 PM - 11 December, 2010
acording to ean golden the connectons are different but that looks like it attaches to the current board
Dj Fitty 8:23 PM - 17 December, 2010
Quote:
acording to ean golden the connectons are different but that looks like it attaches to the current board

just got my alpha fader in from ebay, soldered in place of the old one and it WORKS! I was scared to try it at first since it was my first time ever soldering something but it was easy as baking a cake. so yes the vci-100 and 300 have the same crossfader.
Dj Fitty 8:27 PM - 17 December, 2010
gonna order a couple more after christmas for back up because I am a heavy user. I dj every night and practice hard just about every day so I put some milage on this thing.
realdjrod 3:12 AM - 9 March, 2015
Give it a little WD-40! Spray a dab right in the part where it slides (just enough to give it lubrication) and then slide the fader back n forth enough to spread the WD-40, screw everything back and you should be good to go. It worked for me!