-
sunnyred 3:38 PM - 12 October, 2009
Product: itch
Version: 1.1
Hardware: numark-ns7
Computer: pc
OS Version: vista
---

Im using a DELL STUDIO Laptop with 4gb of ram and 300gigs hdd space, with windows vista, I have bluetooth off, wifi off, the only program running on the background is MCAfe virus protection. I downloaded the latest version of ITCH 1.1. When im practicing mixing everything is working properly volumes, fader, platters all working and then there are days that i notice "glitches" like the crossfader not working properly when i have one track on cue and press play both songs overlap each other on the master output and the crossfader does not fade out the song im trying to mix out.
DJ Bigdad 5:44 PM - 12 October, 2009
i have had a similar problem. i always notice u must shut down the prog before crossfader comes back. I think we might see more and more improvements in the next release of Itch... good luck with getting that to work. I know support is going to tell u to turn off the Virus protection when u dj. fyi
sunnyred 10:02 PM - 12 October, 2009
I hope the new updates on ITCH will resolve this. I was actually spinning at a club this past weekend and the glitch on the crossfader started to act up, it was embarrassing, I had to revert to my back up system traktor pro with the omni controller.
DJ Bigdad 1:05 AM - 13 October, 2009
i think some needs to do something quickly. If a great opportunity comes for me and it fucks up what do i do now.... I think Serato or Numark should step in soon... Maybe they will feel better about themselves if they would give us the effect pre installed. So far i just feel like an asshole for noting the failures... but i havent seen where all the problems have been fixed. When i Paid 1350 for the NS7 i was thinking i might get them in the next upgrade of itch... well i will but Numark or Vestax wants more money.. WTF??? Some please agree with me... oh and if u have a NS7 dont bother with calling tech support at Numark... There really big assholes. Support on the NET is much better!!! ill get back to making good music and they can get back to fixing the rest of the bugs in itch and the crossfaders. PS. if you havent had problems with the cue points get ready they are failing also.. I practice once a day 4 hrs a day... My NS7 is seeing failures after having it only a couple months... someone better start explaining
sbangs 8:44 AM - 13 October, 2009
Quote:
Im using a DELL STUDIO Laptop with 4gb of ram and 300gigs hdd space, with windows vista, I have bluetooth off, wifi off, the only program running on the background is MCAfe virus protection. I downloaded the latest version of ITCH 1.1. When im practicing mixing everything is working properly volumes, fader, platters all working and then there are days that i notice "glitches" like the crossfader not working properly when i have one track on cue and press play both songs overlap each other on the master output and the crossfader does not fade out the song im trying to mix out.

Hi, Sunny Red

Sorry to hear your having a problem.

I use the NS7 heavily on a wide and have not experienced this problem personally.
I love the NS7 and my aim is for all NS7 users to have the best experience possible with their unit and will do my best to help.

If you adjust the fader curve does this seem to make any difference?

Did previous builds have this problem?

As mentioned Its generally not a good idea to leave A/V on when DJing it is a resource killer as it commonly will scan each track you load.
sbangs 9:24 AM - 13 October, 2009
Quote:
i think some needs to do something quickly. If a great opportunity comes for me and it fucks up what do i do now.... I think Serato or Numark should step in soon... Maybe they will feel better about themselves if they would give us the effect pre installed. So far i just feel like an asshole for noting the failures... but i havent seen where all the problems have been fixed. When i Paid 1350 for the NS7 i was thinking i might get them in the next upgrade of itch... well i will but Numark or Vestax wants more money.. WTF??? Some please agree with me... oh and if u have a NS7 dont bother with calling tech support at Numark... There really big assholes. Support on the NET is much better!!! ill get back to making good music and they can get back to fixing the rest of the bugs in itch and the crossfaders. PS. if you havent had problems with the cue points get ready they are failing also.. I practice once a day 4 hrs a day... My NS7 is seeing failures after having it only a couple months... someone better start explaining

Hi DJ Big Dad,

As you know some of us are on a different time zone, we are not ignoring the thread we where just asleep at the time :)

Numark and Serato have gone out of their way to help you with many out of hours sessions remotely working on your computer to help clean it up for you.

By your own admission many of the issues you reported where down to the configuration of your computer and unofficial versions of software from other audio software companies installed from the web, which lead to trojans and viruses being installed.

Effects and crossfader issues are two separate topics. The next update for Itch is free as I suspect all bug fixes and performance enhancements will be.

You only need to purchase an additional piece of hardware if you wish to use the audio effects. This was not an advertised feature of the software or unit at your time of purchasing, so you where not mislead in this regard.

If you are experiencing problems please let us know by updating your ticket otherwise we cannot know you need assistance.

The phone team are also happy to assist you at any time. I understand that your last discussion with them became heated. I fully understand your frustrations and would love for us to help you but please remember we are only trying to help.

Kind Regards

Simon
sunnyred 4:30 PM - 13 October, 2009
Hello support team, i will look into adjusting the fader curve, this issue started to come up recently using ITCH VERSION 1.1, I have not moved any of the default settings on ITCH, the first time i noticed it ITCH started to shut down and it was updating the firmware by itself and a message on ITCH stated not to shut down unit until update was complete this happened while being connected to the NS7, the issue seems to be more of a glitch it does not happen all the time while im practicing. Overall I think the NS 7 is an awesome tool to have for DJing, all my dj friends who used it loved it, they even stated "its like using real turntables". I am looking forward to future updates improvements on ITCH.

FYI- Will the serial number help out in regards to the message posted in the numark website of small units with diodes errors, i think mine falls within the range stated on numark site. - serial # <removed>
Matt-C 1:48 AM - 14 October, 2009
Hi DJ Big Dad.

We're sorry you're feeling frustrated. As Simon states, we have done a fair amount of work to aid you with your issues, and will continue to do so until the issues are resolved. Feel free to update any current help threads or create a new thread for any issues you may have. Posting problems in other user's help threads only clutters the posts up, and can cause confusion for all involved.

For more general complaints, feature suggestions, or bigging up the amazing NS7+ITCH team ( :D ), the ITCH General Discussion forum is the place to do this, we make sure that user posts are taken on board and regularly check threads out.

With regard to effects and ITCH - at no time was the NS7 advertised as being effects compliant, sorry if you had assumed otherwise. The Numark NSFX effects ITCH controller is a fantastic effects device, and will allow DJs who want effects to unlock some great creative possibilities, without penalizing the users who don't wish to use effects with construction or development costs incurred in creating the effects and units.

If you have any further questions feel free to start a new thread in the general discussion forum, or if you want further help assistance, feel free to create a help thread.

Cheers.
Matt
sbangs 7:25 AM - 14 October, 2009
Quote:
Hello support team, i will look into adjusting the fader curve, this issue started to come up recently using ITCH VERSION 1.1, I have not moved any of the default settings on ITCH, the first time i noticed it ITCH started to shut down and it was updating the firmware by itself and a message on ITCH stated not to shut down unit until update was complete this happened while being connected to the NS7, the issue seems to be more of a glitch it does not happen all the time while im practicing. Overall I think the NS 7 is an awesome tool to have for DJing, all my dj friends who used it loved it, they even stated "its like using real turntables". I am looking forward to future updates improvements on ITCH.FYI- Will the serial number help out in regards to the message posted in the numark website of small units with diodes errors, i think mine falls within the range stated on numark site. - serial # <removed>

Hi Sunny Red,

Fortunately, I do not think you are affected by the Diode issue. If this was a problem it would not turn on out of the box.

I would suggest trying the fader curves and perhaps trying a previous version to see if this stops the issue.

Please let us know if Itch tries to update the firmware again.

Cheers,

Simon
sunnyred 6:11 PM - 14 October, 2009
Ok, thanks for your help. Im also planning on updating my OS system on my pc laptop to windows 7, I will hold off on that until ITCH is supported on win. 7. Im expecting to see a better performance overall on my PC. Cant wait!!!
sbangs 9:49 AM - 16 October, 2009
Hi, I would recommend setting Win 7 up as a partition so you have the option to use the previous OS if needed.
DJ Bigdad 3:08 AM - 19 October, 2009
im seeing problems with the cross fader becoming open constantly. The only problem is i cant send my unit off because i have becomed booked for a while so i could pay off the unit. To me i know i will be heart broken if they see my skill but decide not to hire me because the unit freezes here and there. the fader just seems to leave both channels open, and some times when scratching / moving the turntable a lot, my position on the record will jump or move from the spot where i was holding it. *Holding it still the wave would jump forward or backwards depending on the movement of the scratch. I Thought it had to do with the Latency i was trying to run it at but after moving my latency meter on every setting it continues to have glitches/jumps. If its not the table glitching its the cross fader... Not to mention the freezes i the software.
Matt-C 4:07 AM - 19 October, 2009
Hi DJ Bigdad - are you able to contain your problems to one help thread so we can help you. Cross-posting in other peoples threads just clutters things up for the support staff here and it is much better to keep everything in one place so we know what's going on for you. Cheers.
sbangs 7:28 AM - 19 October, 2009
Hi,

Could you please post a screenshot of your DPC results?

What other software has been installed recently?

I would recommend you ask support for a replacement crossfader to see if this helps.

It is user replaceable, and requires very little install work.

Can you please make your own ticket for this here www.serato.com. As you are not the owner of this topic you may not get post updates unless you choose to track the discussion.
DJ Bigdad 9:40 PM - 21 October, 2009
apologize for that...
sunnyred 4:23 PM - 2 November, 2009
Hello again, reporting from the front lines, all is not quiet on the western front. This past Sat Oct. 31, I was Djing at a weeding with the NS7 and 1.5hr into my mix the fader glitch came back, as per our previous discussion i adjusted the fader curve before playing music. In addition to that my left deck on the NS7 would not pause the tracks, after that i tried loading another song then my left deck went haywire the platter stopped spinning and the tract strarted to play backwards the needle on the left virtual deck keeped spinning counter clockwise and it sounded like the songs rewinding. :(
sunnyred 4:24 PM - 2 November, 2009
correcting "wedding" lmfao!!!!
sunnyred 4:26 PM - 2 November, 2009
please excuse my typos.
sbangs 8:54 PM - 2 November, 2009
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I would suggest contacting our service department to ask for a replacement fader.
sunnyred 9:02 PM - 2 November, 2009
ok, thanks.