Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

A broadcast version capable of RDS and HTML output for radio stations.

Andrew Denny 4:01 AM - 27 September, 2009
It would be nice if Itch and Scratch Live could get a broadcast page in the options, or a broadcast version to allow the Radio Data System information to be output probably via a usb to serial interface to RDS encoders, and and HTML output that will give the same info to your webpage. Station name, frequency, tag lines, song name and artist information fo those of us who have incorporated Itch and Scratch Live in our on air studios. The BSI Wavestation automation software that we use have both of these features. We have just installed 2 NS7s in our radio station SLAM 101.1 FM Barbdos.
cashox 12:53 AM - 22 October, 2009
are serato considering this as an option in a future version of the software ?
;)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 1:26 AM - 22 October, 2009
We'll keep monitoring responses to this thread (note: if this functionality is of interest to you please say so here).

But at this stage I'd have to say that it's not a priority.

However, we do have some planned functionality coming in the near future based around broadcasting track play data. Stay tuned for that.
SIMPLY SMOOTH 4:05 AM - 22 October, 2009
yes it is.. i have alot of programmers in the dj business that are on radio stations and have expressed this same view...

what serato has to remember is that their product isnt only being used by djs on the road .. alot of radio stations are using it and as andrew posted .. maybe a "pro" version of the software could be an option for the radio stations that would need this .. but then again you have djs at home with their own internet streams and having this will also be an asset ..
kraal 4:30 AM - 22 October, 2009
i see it as one of those features that you may not know you need till it is offered
DJ MDX 1:41 AM - 23 October, 2009
I would utilize this feature for Club Megamix Radio and other events.

I think the entire Shoutcast community would love something like this.

I use Nicecast to stream so please keep that in mind ;-)
djpanda818 2:02 AM - 23 October, 2009
i use ustream to broadcast with itch
DJ MDX 2:16 AM - 23 October, 2009
I use Ustream also but I don't think, at the moment, there is a way to send song data through their control panel - however, that would be nice.

We stream on both Ustream and our shoutcast channel.
eric007 2:27 AM - 23 October, 2009
I'd love to see this feature added.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:45 AM - 23 October, 2009
RDS is a standardized way of embedding meta data into broadcast radio signals. ITCH would require different functionality to work with Ustream or Shoutcast.

eric007 and SIMPLY SMOOTH, thanks for chiming in here. As I said, the more interest that's shown in this feature the more likely it is to find it's way into our software.

To everyone, we have some very nice features in the pipeline designed to make sharing track data easy, fun and awesome. This could work nicely with services like Ustream and could possibly be used as the basis for some nifty RDS integration too.

Like I said, stay tuned...
MarkyMMP 12:59 PM - 29 September, 2014
This is a big requirement for our Station CruiseFM.co.uk as We are all converting over to serato dj. We currently have this capability with VDJ and with a frig Traktor using Traktor Scrobbler and Nicecast for mac.
MarkyMMP 7:25 PM - 15 November, 2014
Well any update please as this post was originally started in 2009 ?
MarkyMMP 10:10 AM - 9 May, 2015
hellooooo?
djkeron 1:23 AM - 4 September, 2017
Any update on this feature ?
DJ Tecniq 2:37 AM - 4 September, 2017
SDJ has a hard enough time not causing dropouts...I highly doubt it lol
djkeron 6:39 PM - 14 May, 2021
chacking in for an update to this situation in 2021
djkeron 6:39 PM - 14 May, 2021
checking in for an update to this situation in 2021