Scratch Live Help

Need help with Serato Scratch Live?

How do I transfer my library from one Mac to another?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard
Platform
-
SB9 1:21 PM - 3 September, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.9.1
Hardware: rane-ttm57sl
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.5.8
---

I just purchased a Mac Pro and want to transfer my Serato library over to it (My Crates)> Initially I was thinking that this is not possible. Please assist. Thank You
Charile Wilson 2:26 PM - 3 September, 2009
Cross it over onto a external hd and then conect the ext hd to the other computer and cross it over
Chad S. 3:35 PM - 3 September, 2009
If your music is stored on the internal HD of your old MAC, click on the Macintosh HD. Inside of that you should see "Music". You might have to click into Users first. Once you see "Music" click into there. Inside of there you will see a ScratchLIVE folder and a ScratchLIVE Backup folder.

Put those on an external HD.

Place them into the same location on your new MAC. That will transfer all your crates.

Then thransfer the music and open Scratch Live. Use the "relocate lost files" tab and you will be good to go.
SB9 3:34 PM - 4 September, 2009
Thank you very much! I'll follow the instructions posted. Is it a lengthy process?
Chad S. 3:38 PM - 4 September, 2009
No, not at all. The longest thing about it is waiting for the music to copy to and from the external. Everything else is just a few clicks.
SB9 4:47 PM - 4 September, 2009
So, when I use the 'relocate lost files' tab, that will search for the files that should be in those crates, and based on all the music files that I transfer over, will place them accordingly? The reason I ask is I have a main folder with all of my music in it when I download from various sites. Once I drop that music into a serato crate (or sub-crate) it gets moved around based on my needs. So I won't have to go back and 'replace' files into my desired crates/sub-crates? Hope that's not too confusing :)
Chad S. 4:50 PM - 4 September, 2009
Relocate lost files is needed because the file paths have been broken when the music was moved. Relocate lost files rebuilds those file paths.
SB9 7:41 PM - 4 September, 2009
So, for my own education, a 'path' would be where I placed a song based on where it originally came from? i.e. a file that was downloaded to my mac then placed into a crate within the Final Scratch program?
Chad S. 8:31 PM - 4 September, 2009
Scratch Live doesn't actually import music, it builds a file path to where it is stored. Since the old location was the old computer, that path has been broken. Since the music is on the new computer, when you "relocate lost files" on the new computer, it finds it in the new location and rebuilds the path to it.
SB9 10:32 PM - 4 September, 2009
Great! I'm learning. Another question...Is there any easter eggs out there that have developed recently? I know there is an older one concerning a loop roll that automatically tightens as it performs...???
Chad S. 10:41 PM - 4 September, 2009
you have to search the site ;)

*ctrl + shift + set-up * cough cough
SB9 10:45 PM - 4 September, 2009
lol! Thanks for all your help! If your ever in Orlando, I owe you a drink!
SB9 11:57 PM - 19 September, 2009
Hey Chad, so I've encountered a different scenario. I've successfully x-ferred all crates and files over to the new MAC. However, some of the files are showing a lock symbol to the left and saying they are 'read only'. They do play, but what's the deal? I should add that they are files I recently added after the initial cross-over occurred. How do I 'unlock' them?

Please assist,

Thanks
Chad S. 4:03 PM - 21 September, 2009
Had did you add them? What process?

They are read only files as indicated by the lock icon. If you find the actual music file itself, you can highlight it and hit apple + I. That will bring up the "get info" window. On there under "permissions" you can check the read and write option or uncheck the read only box, which ever you may see.

If you are in the library, highlight the song and hit apple + R, that will take you right to the files location on your computer.
1:14 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.