Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

*Feature Request* Recording Auto save option

roots600rr 2:17 PM - 30 August, 2009
Hello all,
Last night I was out gigging and forgot to click the save button before closing itch and lost my recording... Is it possible for you guru's at serato to maybe put a section in the setup that will allow us to toggle autosave on / off. The way I pictured it in my head was that it would have a section that would give us the option to automatically chop the recording up by minutes or just automatically save the record if we were to close itch without saving... Thanks
Kmxorbit 2:53 PM - 30 August, 2009
I don't use the record option at all, but would a pop up window that ask you to save before exiting Itch not solve this problem? or do I understand this wrong?
lofty 4:09 PM - 30 August, 2009
+1
auto save / pop up window
kraal 6:21 PM - 30 August, 2009
in 1.1 it is saved automatically when you forget. There will be a temporary folder that has a serato recording
Kunststoff 6:28 PM - 30 August, 2009
Quote:
Hello all,
Last night I was out gigging and forgot to click the save button before closing itch and lost my recording... Is it possible for you guru's at serato to maybe put a section in the setup that will allow us to toggle autosave on / off. The way I pictured it in my head was that it would have a section that would give us the option to automatically chop the recording up by minutes or just automatically save the record if we were to close itch without saving... Thanks

Kraal is right
I had a same once.If you didn`t restart your computer
you still can find your record in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Мy Music\ScratchLIVE\Recording temp rename file if needed

May be you need to rename a file in .mp3 .aiff or whatever
kraal 6:30 PM - 30 August, 2009
it is there after a restart too i have closed my comp for the night and got it the next morning.... just once you record again it is gone
roots600rr 5:33 PM - 31 August, 2009
OK awesome.... I checked and it was there so I just renamed it and moved it to the recordings folder... Thanks guys
Cid K 6:03 PM - 31 August, 2009
Me id love to have no limitations onto how long i can record a mix.

Stupid 3 hour limit :-(
kraal 6:08 PM - 31 August, 2009
it still records past 3 hours just patch them together
Cid K 6:27 PM - 31 August, 2009
that means more manipulation.... Am starting to think that Serato love's that it's users spend time to manipulate stuff all the time...
kraal 6:39 PM - 31 August, 2009
i have no issues with that... i mean honestly that has nothing to do with mixing or djing. I use itch to rock a crowd. recordings ect i need to burn to cd anyways so it's not a big issue to combine
Cid K 6:49 PM - 31 August, 2009
your right, but then again, why Serato is limitationing us once more... I just dont understand Serato's point of view sometimes.
kraal 7:05 PM - 31 August, 2009
i think we are just spoiled when it comes to software..... serato isnt limiting it's just we want software that does it all :)
Cid K 7:20 PM - 31 August, 2009
Yeah i guess bottom line thats pretty much the truth.
DJdaveZ 2:03 AM - 1 September, 2009
maybe its for stability... think of it this way.. if you run itch for 7 hours and hit record and forget that it is recording, it might fill up your HD with a huge high quality aiff or wav file. then itch or your computer might crash. serato is all about stability.
casket hands 8:48 AM - 1 September, 2009
sometimes when I have a problem and I find out its already solved I nod to myself and smile and think "they really have thought of EVERYTHING"
Dj Beware 5:17 AM - 3 October, 2009
Quote:
it still records past 3 hours just patch them together

Hey Kraal

I did just over 3 hours (maybe 3:07) on a set last night when I clicked save it did name and save successfully, however I only had one file, and all that was there is the portion past the 3 hour mark(the 7 minutes). So are you saying you had 2 files in you record folder, as well when you named the file and it populated to the record crate it had 2 entries?
kraal 7:33 AM - 3 October, 2009
no one of them will be in a temporary folder caller'temp recordings ' or simular and it will be called temp serato recording or simular
Dj Beware 8:08 AM - 3 October, 2009
unfortunately that was not the case for me, kind of strange
Felonyruckus 11:47 AM - 3 October, 2009
i'm only able to record up to 120 mins before it starts over...so if i record 2 hours and 3 mins, I only have the last 3 mins recorded. If i save at 1 hour and 59 mins, whole thing will save.
kraal 2:51 PM - 3 October, 2009
ok tonight i will record my whole set and report back on this thread :) you gutys are missing a step to retrieve your stuff.....

maybe a new video tutorial on that
asimfiction 7:44 PM - 3 October, 2009
3 hours is a lot of data, I imagine they are cutting it into smaller pieces to improve performance or stability.
nik39 9:37 PM - 3 October, 2009
Quote:
that means more manipulation.... Am starting to think that Serato love's that it's users spend time to manipulate stuff all the time...

Cid K, how about spending a few minutes thinking why it has been setup the way it is, before you start to rant around?

Back in the days SSL was not splitting the file resulting in screwed audio files, because...

taperssection.com
Cid K 6:43 PM - 4 October, 2009
Well yeah File Limitaion again, but what is wierd to me, how can i can record 8 hours of waves files inside of Adobe Sound Booth ?
Cid K 6:44 PM - 4 October, 2009
Wiche is tested and worked really great.
kraal 6:45 PM - 4 October, 2009
cidK i think you spend too much time compairing softwares.... it will be less frustrating to just focus on what is available and how to use it to full potential
Cid K 6:53 PM - 4 October, 2009
Yeaah your right. As for Nik, dont ever fookin quote or respond to me again.

Sort your shit out before bashing on other peoples, you know theres you could get in your home community, help you can get with how to deal or talk with people and user's. Maybe take an appointement with a Psy....
Cid K 6:53 PM - 4 October, 2009
Help* You can get*
DJLMonte 11:32 PM - 23 April, 2014
YES !!!!! Please add a "Would you like to save recording before exiting" button !! I have forgot on many occasions!!
Qwame 11:33 PM - 26 April, 2015
serato please we need a record auto save option. there has been countless times i have lost my recorded mixes