Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

SHIFT + NEEDLE SEARCH = NEW TRACK POSITION

Official DJ Jonny 12:43 AM - 9 October, 2015
Hey guys,

Story:
I accidentally touched the needle search during a performance at a gig. This ultimately train wrecked my set as it skipped to another position of the song. Ever since, I turned the feature off during playback.

However needle search is still a very neat feature to have. I want to be able to use it during playback ONLY while simultaneously holding down shift. It's the safe and logical way to go about it when performing live.

(P.S. I am aware of the upcoming update with new mapping capabilities. Serato should still consider making this a setting)

If you agree give this post a +1!!!
Davideon 6:53 AM - 9 October, 2015
Or you could go in settings and turn it off during playback?
DJ Cyrix 6:55 AM - 9 October, 2015
I can find myself in this solution... +1
Official DJ Jonny 8:41 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
Or you could go in settings and turn it off during playback?

I do have it off during playback (for safe measure). However there are times I want to use the needle search during playback, and using shift to access it is a good idea.
Cwite 8:48 PM - 16 October, 2015
I think it should be a shift function too. I have an SZ and have caught it going for the FX in a dark booth once or twice.

Another fail safe might be to take the guess work out of where it would fall. If a ghost playhead (the intended new playhead position) appeared on the GUI when you touched the strip - so you know where in the track it going to land- but it only jumps to this point when you let go. This would give you a good chance to fix a mistake too.
Official DJ Jonny 7:32 PM - 18 October, 2015
Quote:
I think it should be a shift function too. I have an SZ and have caught it going for the FX in a dark booth once or twice.

Another fail safe might be to take the guess work out of where it would fall. If a ghost playhead (the intended new playhead position) appeared on the GUI when you touched the strip - so you know where in the track it going to land- but it only jumps to this point when you let go. This would give you a good chance to fix a mistake too.

I like this idea +1