Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

First gig advice

SeratoNugget 2:39 PM - 6 October, 2015
I’ve got my first gig at a local bar/club top40/chart venue and theres another DJ playing after me at 12pm.

So I understand as a warm-up DJ I should play music appropriate to the vibe/energy of the room...

I’m also sorting through my music and removing any “bangers” from my playlist which I won’t play because I feel like the headline DJ will play them.

Anyway, I have removed all the current songs on the local radio stations lists/billboard charts but my question is:

Can I play 1 year old "bangers" or do you think the next DJ won't like that?
Davideon 8:12 PM - 6 October, 2015
Who cares. Just because you're playing first doesn't mean you're a warm up.

If I was in a bar and didn't hear any current top tunes until midnight id be pissed off
Dj Blee 9:56 PM - 6 October, 2015
A lot of people get really worried about being an opening dj. Ive only got mad at an opening DJ once and it was because they played almost every newer big song in 30min right before i went on. Normally this wouldn't make me mad because it would take about an hour to do that but he tried to do it on purpose and played songs only about 30sec each. When I've opened for people i just try and keep people happy play requests make a fun environment, just because they are not on the dance floor doesn't mean they are not having fun. If you open at 10pm and theres 50 people in the place at the bar singing and having fun in my personal opinion your doing a good job.
Dj Blee 9:57 PM - 6 October, 2015
Don't be afraid to play new music just don't burn him/her on purpose.