Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Deactivation Before Handing Down Old MBP?

rickymart 7:36 PM - 5 October, 2015
<Scenario>: I recently got a new MacBook Pro. I'm gonna hand down the old MBP to someone else. I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX. Over time I have purchased several add-ons for Serato, such as Pitch N Time and all the FX expansion packs. Meanwhile, please bear in mind that my Serato license is just tied to using the DDJ-SX. I never bought a separate license. Finally, I must add that I've been using the new laptop for a while, which means I had to active the add-ons there.

<Question>: So, do I have to "deactivate" something in Serato on the old MBP before I do the "nuclear" delete function in OS X that will securely erase everything?

N.B. Actually, I wonder if there's anything else that folks here could recommend doing before doing the "nuclear" erase of the old laptop. In my To-Do list I also have signing off from my iTunes, Apple ID and iCloud accounts, and also deactivating the old laptop from iTunes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
deejdave 11:55 PM - 5 October, 2015
In terms of Serato simply log into your account with your DDJ-SX connected (not 100% sure off hand if it NEED to be plugged in but just to be safe) after clicking bottom right hand button to log in click "Expansion packs & Activations" then click "My products" then click "Deactivate ALL products" and you will be good to go.
rickymart 1:08 AM - 7 October, 2015
Thank you so much, deejdave!
deejdave 1:14 AM - 7 October, 2015
You are very welcome.