Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New AUTOPLAY

938MyDJ 3:36 PM - 5 October, 2015
For SDJ... will it be like this in the future?

www.digitaldjtips.com
Davideon 3:53 PM - 5 October, 2015
Let's hope not. Ones professional software. Ones mass market consumer ssimple software for those that don't want to DJ or can't
HubertM. 4:40 PM - 5 October, 2015
Common, not every dj is club dj. I'm a weeding dj and sometimes i make a playlist in prepare section and hit autoplay for i.e meal's. The only things that dissturbs me are 2 sec silens between track. I would like to see a automix feature in serato. Its not bad. Its like sync. You dobt have to use it but sometimes its handy. I hope you understand my english😊
Davideon 5:14 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
Common, not every dj is club dj. I'm a weeding dj and sometimes i make a playlist in prepare section and hit autoplay for i.e meal's. The only things that dissturbs me are 2 sec silens between track. I would like to see a automix feature in serato. Its not bad. Its like sync. You dobt have to use it but sometimes its handy. I hope you understand my english😊

So you can't mix?
HubertM. 5:30 PM - 5 October, 2015
I didnt say that. I mix most of my gigs but not all the time. Simple
Davideon 6:32 PM - 5 October, 2015
Well if I paid for a DJ who used auto mix software whilst he played with Percy they wouldn't get paid
HubertM. 6:45 PM - 5 October, 2015
Well i dont know what wedding tradition you have in your country, but in mine we have 3 or 4 meals and a wedding goes for 11-12 hours. In meal time nobody cares if i mix or not. In dance time of coure i do mix. I hope this close the off topic. I just wanted to add my thouts to autoplay topic
XclusiveCity 8:19 PM - 5 October, 2015
I will never understand these lazy corny ass DJ's... It's like everybody wants to be a DJ without really having to DJ. ✋🏽😒
deejdave 12:04 AM - 6 October, 2015
Let's not be too harsh. There is a massive difference between performance DJing and event DJing. BOTH are professional as you get paid for both. I see no reason to try and belittle a style of DJ who literally threatens you in no way as they are almost an entirely different market. That being said in all fairness Serato DJ is by all means a performance based DJ solution and things like this should ABSOLUTELY be handled with extreme care as there is more than function at stake here. Just because you can do something does not mean you should and in our line of work................................. image is everything.
tuneturner 2:06 AM - 6 October, 2015
Well put Dave. I have done both (club/wedding) for many years and Autoplay does get used from time to time. And if you (et.al) are not using Autoplay I am sure you have a block of songs mixed and pre-recorded and ready to go just in case. This past weekend I had to take an emergency phone call from my wife that a transformer blew and the fire department was crawling all over my house looking for fumes, then the electric company came in twice. Autoplay covered me for those few minutes. Image is everything but Autoplay doesn't have anything to do with talent.
Mr. Goodkat 8:07 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
corny ass DJ's

that beard. corny.
DJ Fluke 613 12:48 PM - 6 October, 2015
We do need a basic automix. I love how so many people feel threatened, however for us mobile guys it's really needed, especially dinner and cocktail time. In the meantime I disable all midi in vdj and use it as a stand alone player in the background. Since it can see serato crates (all win versions and 8+ on mac) I prepare all in sdj and just toggle between the two.

Hell even sometimes when I do ceremony for clients and all they need is music, I connect my Mac to the powered speaker direct and use auto mix as guests arrive and such. The beauty wirh vdjs automix is that lets say you want to change songs (ready to commence entrance at ceremony) as the current song is playing, clear the automix section, load the first entrance song and double click. This is much easier than bringing my controller outside or in the other room run power, xlr. This way there is no dead air.

Sdj needs something like this, no it dosent mix for you on beat, but sometimes like in these cases its very useful.

For the clowns who can't adapt to moving times, lol to you. You obviously live in a box. Go dj at your 'clubs', make 300 bucks, while I make a living off being a mobile dj and we do 80 weddings a year. On ya we mix too, proly better than most of y'all.

Wana try me?
HubertM. 1:09 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
We do need a basic automix. I love how so many people feel threatened, however for us mobile guys it's really needed, especially dinner and cocktail time. In the meantime I disable all midi in vdj and use it as a stand alone player in the background. Since it can see serato crates (all win versions and 8+ on mac) I prepare all in sdj and just toggle between the two.

Hell even sometimes when I do ceremony for clients and all they need is music, I connect my Mac to the powered speaker direct and use auto mix as guests arrive and such. The beauty wirh vdjs automix is that lets say you want to change songs (ready to commence entrance at ceremony) as the current song is playing, clear the automix section, load the first entrance song and double click. This is much easier than bringing my controller outside or in the other room run power, xlr. This way there is no dead air.

Sdj needs something like this, no it dosent mix for you on beat, but sometimes like in these cases its very useful.

For the clowns who can't adapt to moving times, lol to you. You obviously live in a box. Go dj at your 'clubs', make 300 bucks, while I make a living off being a mobile dj and we do 80 weddings a year. On ya we mix too, proly better than most of y'all.

Wana try me?

And thats what i ment in 110%. Mayby becouse of my poor english i coudent make my self clear.

BTW i use second laptop with VDJ in exact same way, but i would prefere to use only Serato with a simple automix.
deejdave 1:37 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:

Just to clear this up the automix feature in VDJ ABSOLUTELY does beat match for you www.dropbox.com and furthermore most people do not even realize it is on by default.

I am not making any other claims against it nor am I frowning upon it nor am engaging in any of the defensive assumptions found above but I do feel we should keep the facts accurate as well.
HubertM. 4:53 AM - 7 October, 2015
Thats wy i was talking about missunderstanding. I think nobody in this community would like to see Serato as a software that perfectly mix for you. By that i mean pickup track perfect in key, match tempo, match frases and drops at one😊 i suggested a simple automix feature behinde the autoplay button, that simply crossfade from one track to another without 2sec gap between them. In this case it coud by usefull in some situations without replaceing human as a dj. I hope you can inderstand me now😊
DJ Fluke 613 5:26 AM - 7 October, 2015
@dave, you are correct, however you have the ability to control the automix (how and how long) you want it to mix.

Currently mine is set to no dead air and mix for 4 seconds. Statement stands.

:)

You guys take it out of proportion. All we want is a no dead air type system once autoplay is enabled.
musiclee 6:01 AM - 7 October, 2015
I don't want it to automix, beatmix, sync
I want it to autofade (no gaps)
2 very different things

Unless you are a mobile wedding DJ you will never understand the need for this

I use PCDJ Red just before I start DJing parties, for cocktail hour
Mr. Goodkat 10:09 AM - 7 October, 2015
cant you just run itunes out of your headphone jack into a spare channel or aux out?
Mr. Goodkat 10:09 AM - 7 October, 2015
into aux in rather.
DJ Fluke 613 12:04 PM - 7 October, 2015
Do you think people would talk about you if they found out the software you use has a simple fade in fade out feature during auto play?

Would your 'reputation' be ruined?

Your a strange guy, here you have some of us that need this feature , for mobile use, however you have guys like you who want to comment on something that will have no effect on them whatsoever.

Shit man, ask serato to hide the bpm reading as it helps us out.
Hide the waveforms
Disable the bpm meter on numark hardware.
Finding songs in sdj shouldn't be so easy as we should spend 30 seconds looking for a song like 'back in the day'

Shit dog why do we have effects, we should always have 3 decks running with one duplicated so we can do the flanger. Having that one button option is cheating. Serato this should be disabled. The instant doubt option as well, I should manually load a song so that I can be less creative.

Using a controller with software in 2015-2016 should feel like back then so Mr. Goodkat and his friends can say they are 'legit'. The town is talking.

Would having all this turned off make you a man now?

Petty.
tuneturner 3:19 PM - 7 October, 2015
DJ Fluke you have really nailed it on the head. Everyone wants to be pure, and in some cases holier than thou. What's the harm; if you need it use it if you don't well... don't use it. I have never been hired because of the software I use or don't use for that matter.

Just another question that comes up when the discussion goes this way - How many of you truly are old skool. Is anyone still spinning straight vinyl - two 1200's and a mixer, no software? Has anyone here really done years of gigs like that? Just asking'.
Mr. Goodkat 6:01 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Using a controller with software in 2015-2016 should feel like back then so Mr. Goodkat and his friends can say they are 'legit'. The town is talking.

what are you running on about? im not anti auto play, but its probably the last thing that needs to be addressed in the grand scheme of SDJ.

i'd use it if they had it, but as is, i can do two things.

i can get an 1/8th inch to rca and plug into the mixer an use itunes.

or i can use the soundcloud of the djm 900 for itunes and run thru that by changing itunes soundcard to the 900. however last time i did that it messed up dj and audio going out. so i went back to the rca.

i'm the least old school purist there is and im old as f.
Mr. Goodkat 6:02 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
or i can use the soundcard of the djm 900 f

lol
Michael A 1:32 AM - 8 October, 2015
I didn't take your comment re using iTunes auto play that way, Mr. Goodkat. I think in the heat of the convo someone went full auto and you just walked into the field of fire. A friendly fire casualty. ;).
Mr. Goodkat 1:55 AM - 8 October, 2015
all good, im not opposed at all to a better auto play, because i generally do have about 20-45 mins of itunes at the beginning of the nite.

but like i said you can use the sound card to run itunes off, tried it today and it worked fine(the itunes with a djm and using serato at the same time.
deejdave 2:11 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
You guys take it out of proportion.

Who is "you guys"? I was clearing up your false statement that VDJ does not beatmatch for you when Automixing. Mr. Goodkat was suggesting alternatives methods. Did either of us in any way make any attempts to belittle you or your play style? We were the only two to respond in the past few days so maybe I am missing something here. Either way if anyone missed it the first time
Quote:
I am not making any other claims against it nor am I frowning upon it nor am engaging in any of the defensive assumptions found above but I do feel we should keep the facts accurate as well.

Either way good luck with this one. I am no longer tracking.
pdidy 6:50 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You guys take it out of proportion.

Either way good luck with this one. I am no longer tracking.

Drops mic.....
raedonquan 12:23 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:

Drops mic.....

Amen to that
DJ Ed Wong 2:29 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
. The only things that <disturbs> me are 2 sec <silence> between track. 😊

In all the gigs I've been in as a guest, I've never ever heard a NON DJ complain about the 2 seconds of silence. Most people who are NOT DJs, will never notice it.

Heck - I've been aghast at the crap sound quality of other DJs at clubs etc, (either lousy rips, or lousy PA or both) and the only people that even can hear it are other musicians and/or DJs.
musiclee 5:39 PM - 13 October, 2015
It's a big deal at big events like weddings,
Again, I want gapless play (auto fade), not auto mix, beat match, etc
Would rather not use itunes, PCDJ, when Serato is the program used throughout
So, make it an option in Settings, (you choose x-fade amount, 0-15 seconds)

and take it 1 step futher, add "max play" time for tracks when "autoplay" on.
so we don't get bored with a 6 min. song... we can choose 2 min. for all songs in playlist when auto-play engaged

i know this is not needed for club DJ's, so

again, make it an OPTION for those of us who want and need it :-)
Mr. Goodkat 5:57 PM - 13 October, 2015
with sync and a basic cue in cue out point set, it could be nice for the first 30-1hr at gigs for anyone.

most poeple know the problem is that, you may have a long intro or outro that messes up the flow.

hasnt traktor had this for a long time?
musiclee 8:17 PM - 13 October, 2015
i don't wanna deal with setting up in-out cues for ALL my songs
it needs to be simple, hit autoplay, and it does the rest, no gaps, and 2 minutes per song :-)
serkan 9:47 PM - 13 October, 2015
I (still) can see a Pyro expansion pack in the near future that allows simple auto-mix playback with SDJ. It's nothing a club DJ would use but it would be very useful for party DJs.

So +1 from if this becomes a feature request :)
Mr. Goodkat 10:05 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
it needs to be simple, hit autoplay, and it does the rest, no gaps, and 2 minutes per song :-)

i can see that too, but it would be a nice feature since so many songs may have long intros and outros
tuneturner 2:58 AM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

i can see that too, but it would be a nice feature since so many songs may have long intros and outros

I am not sure if you have ever used Traktor but they employ the method of setting in and out cues. This is cool as it gives you total control of when the mix will occur on each song and there is a switch in setting to turn the feature to recognize the cue points on and off. The real pain in the ass is if you are playing one of the songs with in/out settings and left the switch on in the back and it will fire off when you don't want it to.

I do both club and mobile DJ'ing so it would be a useful feature for me however using different programs over the years going the simple route is better. PCDJ was one of the first and called the feature Automix. You would adjust an overall cue out setting in the back end and turn it on and go with any playlist or crate. If I recall I used to set the mix to occur with about 8 or 9 seconds left in the song when you were typically in the natural fade portion of the song and the automix (autofade) would occur. Now true the big difference is PCDJ had a built in software mixer so not sure how this would work with SDJ. Long story short, simple is better.
I-Roc-Aye 10:23 AM - 24 October, 2015
Quote:
DJ Fluke you have really nailed it on the head. Everyone wants to be pure, and in some cases holier than thou. What's the harm; if you need it use it if you don't well... don't use it. I have never been hired because of the software I use or don't use for that matter.

Just another question that comes up when the discussion goes this way - How many of you truly are old skool. Is anyone still spinning straight vinyl - two 1200's and a mixer, no software? Has anyone here really done years of gigs like that? Just asking'.

Well said, one of my bragging rights is I'm from the old school. I started out on 1200's. I did my beat mixing by ear & sorted my vinyl crates before each gig. Now using this software almost feels like cheating, but hey it makes my work 1000x easier! I'm still backward compatible and future perfect. Serato has something for everyone!
tuneturner 2:32 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
Well said, one of my bragging rights is I'm from the old school. I started out on 1200's. I did my beat mixing by ear & sorted my vinyl crates before each gig. Now using this software almost feels like cheating, but hey it makes my work 1000x easier! I'm still backward compatible and future perfect. Serato has something for everyone!

I-Roc - Exactly how I feel. Sad to say but started in 1982, before CD's etc. Honestly, I don't miss loading in the crates of 500 12" and the 1200's weren't light either. Now when I buy speakers or gear after I check the quality and sound I check the weight - lol.
Culprit 5:08 PM - 29 October, 2015
Quote:
I don't want it to automix, beatmix, sync
I want it to autofade (no gaps)
2 very different things

Unless you are a mobile wedding DJ you will never understand the need for this

I use PCDJ Red just before I start DJing parties, for cocktail hour

Autofade yes, automix no.

Even if they did add automix, wouldn't mess my gigs up anways, so why be afraid of it? Yeh.. i said it..
Mr. Goodkat 5:45 PM - 29 October, 2015
why does it matter if they put an automix with cue points in? if you dont need it you dont need it, but it makes sense because automix has the same problems since many djs have long intros and outros in songs.
Mike Butler 8:30 AM - 30 October, 2015
I'm all for autoplay, always have been. I do a lot of weddings and parties where the first part of the night is "cocktail hour". Automix? Not something I'd use but I can see it useful for bathroom breaks if you don't have any pre-mixed 2-3 song sets.

Tractor does it pretty well. You can play through a playlist without setting anything special up, or if you want you can add fadein/fadeout points for songs which have a long intro/outro. I use my second laptop into the second USB on my DDJ-SZ for this - for the first part of the evening it runs Traktor then for the main part of the evening both laptops are running Serato.

Mike
Justin James 10:24 AM - 4 November, 2015
Gapless Fam as the toilets at some gigs are 3 miles away!!
nik39 8:57 AM - 5 November, 2015
Quote:
I (still) can see a Pyro expansion pack in the near future that allows simple auto-mix playback with SDJ. It's nothing a club DJ would use but it would be very useful for party DJs.

So +1 from if this becomes a feature request :)

Pyro pack +1
938MyDJ 6:38 PM - 3 March, 2016
I recently tried PYRO and I would say it's a decent app for it's purpose.

Not that I'm dying for it but...

If sold as a pack for SDJ, you can get my money!
(And from lots of other users too I'm guessing)

This is more useful to me than Pulselocker.
papagp 8:29 PM - 3 March, 2016
Quote:
I recently tried PYRO and I would say it's a decent app for it's purpose.

Not that I'm dying for it but...

If sold as a pack for SDJ, you can get my money!
(And from lots of other users too I'm guessing)

This is more useful to me than Pulselocker.

+1
Dj Wunder 11:37 PM - 3 March, 2016
+1
Culprit 7:40 PM - 4 March, 2016
Sad we couldnt get a simple autofade years ago and then pyro pops up. Not cool.
skinnyguy 7:47 PM - 4 March, 2016
funny but true
d:raf 11:22 PM - 4 March, 2016
I've been using Algoriddim's Djay 2 on my Ipad for this sort of thing; it'd be nice to have it all within SDJ.

Can't believe dudes be wanting to give (or deny) "real dj" props for manually fading between Nora Jones & the Vitamin String Quartet.....
skinnyguy 12:15 AM - 5 March, 2016
vsq sadsfre remix
pudpoh 2:52 PM - 5 March, 2016
The problem with the current autoplay feature is the introduction of gaps between each track. This isn't such a problem if you are playing an album with individual songs on it, it does become a very large problem if you are trying to get Serato to play an album which is a continuous mix with individual tracks. It spoils the playback of these albums as it introduces gaps where they should not be and it notices big time. Serato should be able to deal with this, but it is like a lot of other media players which also handle this incorrectly. We really shouldn't need to come out of the headphone jack and into a spare channel on the mixer and use another piece of software to do this, it is a very basic function that Serato should be able to handle and if the developers cannot see this being an issue they are very short sighted.
Culprit 8:18 PM - 5 March, 2016
I just need it for background music for live events and weddings. The smallest stuff which is the most effective and not having it is what kills me about Serato and how things are delt.
Hanginon 9:38 PM - 5 March, 2016
Quote:
We really shouldn't need to come out of the headphone jack and into a spare channel on the mixer and use another piece of software to do this, it is a very basic function that Serato should be able to handle and if the developers cannot see this being an issue they are very short sighted.

I don't think it's the developers - I think it's the members of these forums that squash anything that's considered Virtual DJ'ish. You want an AutoPlay that removes silence at the beginning and end of songs, a controlled crossfade, etc.? So do I.

The Serato traditionalist will answer "it's not professional, be lucky you have AutoPlay at all", "yes, use a different piece of software", and finally (my favorite) "we'd like to, but it will cause the software to throw-up".

I do not have a good answer for you. However, IMHO, the upcoming war between Serato and Rekordbox DJ may finally start to address these missing "options".
skinnyguy 6:57 AM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:
I don't think it's the developers - I think it's the members of these forums that squash anything that's considered Virtual DJ'ish. You want an AutoPlay that removes silence at the beginning and end of songs, a controlled crossfade, etc.? So do I.

i think more people were against sync than an autofade....but look what made the cut.
DJ Fluke 613 2:35 PM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

i think more people were against sync than an autofade....but look what made the cut.

I don't think so as sync is a dedicated button. Since some of these controllers are used by multiple software it's easy to have a sync button on the hardware. Also itch controllers had sync back from 2009, so this auto fade is BC you have some old school guys that think others duea haven't been paid BC they want an autofade. I should bring out a third deck at all time and instant double a track so I can 'flanger'. Maybe then I'll get their 'respect'!
musiclee 2:42 PM - 6 March, 2016
I too need gapless play.
Not an auto beat mix function
Of course Club DJs may not need
But mobile, wedding DJ's for sure need it
Bring it Pyro style, expansion pack for those who want/need, $$$
DJ Fluke 613 3:09 PM - 6 March, 2016
It should be free. I have a vdj 8 liscence, so I use it for automix since it reads serato crates. I just disable all midi and run an RCA to 8 mm to my headphone jack and into a spare channel. I prefer this method over I tunes as it reads serato crates.

Not sure if many know this. On PC any vdj version supports serato crateas. On Mac only vdj 8+. You can download the home version for free to do this. I just bought a full veraion some time ago. However I would def do this if I had not done so. Running vdj in the background with no midi (just as a standard mp3 player) causes no issues on the PC. Also sometimes as the event in slowing down, like the last 10-15 min I throw in some songs to auto mix from my crates and go change or start some light tear down. It works great for these scenarios especially dinner and cocktail time during dinner.
DJ Fluke 613 3:10 PM - 6 March, 2016
Ahh, sorry for the spelling mistakes. They need an edit button.
Hanginon 4:06 PM - 6 March, 2016
As you read through the forums, lots of unnecessary work-around's for the Autoplay issues, song preview non-sense, etc..

Perhaps when Serato DJ 2.0 comes out, launch it in two versions - V2.0A for the Serato "Traditionalist" (along with the associated bragging rights), and V2.0B (that includes all the options deliberately left out V2.0A), for those who believe the computer should work for the DJ, and not vice-versa.
musiclee 4:10 PM - 6 March, 2016
Just make it an option in settings , no need for 2 versions
teemac111 2:09 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
How many of you truly are old skool. Is anyone still spinning straight vinyl - two 1200's and a mixer, no software? Has anyone here really done years of gigs like that? Just asking'.

1200's? how about Belt Drives to keep it really real? lol
Dj Wunder 5:06 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
How many of you truly are old skool. Is anyone still spinning straight vinyl - two 1200's and a mixer, no software? Has anyone here really done years of gigs like that? Just asking'.

1200's? how about Belt Drives to keep it really real? lol

You aren't a "Real DJ" until you break out a pair of these: youtu.be
The ULTIMATE all-in-one solution
DJ Tgro 6:17 AM - 9 June, 2016
I have to agree with a lot of people in this discussion. I’ve been DJing since the 90s and despite jumping from records to CDJs early on, I was also looking for a digital (mp3) solution early on for my mobile gigs, for portions of events where mixing is un-necessary and just smooth transitions between original tracks…allowing me to coordinate with other pros and communicate with clients and guests. What drew me to the Denon DN-HD2500 originally back in 2006 was the overall functionality (despite being a 19” rack solution). But two functions stood out and I still use this tech today:
1. Standalone – no laptop necessary
2. Autoplay (crossfade and relay play on or between decks).

I really didn’t want to use a laptop when DJing and I am a PC user (not down with Macs for various reasons). So I don’t use iTunes and I don’t own any apple products, other than the Macbook pro I used to run SSL on. I can’t support Apple/Mac/iOS for various reasons, however, that’s beside the point. I am also not a fan of VDJ or PCDJ and I haven’t explored the complete functionality of Traktor yet, but I might if it does everything I need to do my job! When Denon abandoned their platform to partner with Serato and Traktor, they made a mistake in forgetting what their standalone units could do. One of their biggest mistakes with the MCX-8000 is that they left out the ability to do crossfade play or relay play like their old DMAN tech (Music Manager) used to allow (now on Engine).

So I stand behind deejdave, tuneturner, hubertm, djfluke, musiclee, mike butler, justinjames, 938mydj, culprit, d:raf and especially serkan on all you are saying (Pyro Expansion Pack would be perfect!).

I doubt AJ Bertenshaw, Nathan Holmberg, Will Baker or Matt McCullum are reading this, but I hope they do! Here’s how easy this would be…it’s kind of like Pyro, only each deck is a “Pyro!”

You have a button that says “Playlist,” or in this case, “Autoplay,” only one for each deck (so one deck can be on Autoplay while playing individual tracks on the other). When in that mode, you can load crates into each deck, not individual tracks. Perhaps in the setup menu, you could have “Pyro” mode where it automixes, or simple mode to adjust the crossfade time (preferably variable between 0 and at least 15 seconds). Beyond that, “Crossfade” mode crossfades tracks within a deck. “Relay” mode crossfades between decks. You could also set it up so that there would be a “Continuous” vs. “Single” setting. Continuous plays tracks within the list/crate (crossfading tracks), where Single plays only one song from that deck before ending, or if “Relay” is on, crossfading into the opposite deck, ultimately back and forth between the two playlists/crates. For example, on one side you have your classic rock crate, on the other, you have your 80’s crate. Or at a wedding, perhaps the Rat Pack crate is on deck 1 and the Oldies crate is on deck two. Another thing (like Pyro), would be a “next track” button, that would allow you to load any track from any crate into the mix (turn off Autoplay, play the track, then turn it on again!). This is old tech that could/should be easily implemented into Serato DJ, I would think. I’d like to get back to utilizing one program for everything…especially now that I’m depending on it to perform with during the dancing portion of my events with a DJM-S9 and 1200s or the DDJ-SX2. I don’t mind having the old Denon setup (the HD-2500 and DN-X500 Mixer) as backup or for ceremonies, but it would be nice to be able to standardize on one platform. And knowing Pyro exists (I really don’t care for auto mixing/beat matching either – but Serato DID work on this for 2 years!), I really hope this functionality will be brought to the table soon in Serato DJ.

+1 for this functionality

Mr.Goodcat, if you set the fade time to accommodate most original tracks or radio edits with 10 second crossfades, and create lists/crates specifically with those versions, the fades will be perfect. Chop up songs with intros/outros in an editor (Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Mixcraft, etc.) and use those versions instead, to avoid what you mention above.

And that last link DJ Wunder shared is funny!
Phsyraxion 6:38 AM - 9 June, 2016
Yes!

I am a mobile DJ but I have my entire setup in my entertaining area so I can practice and program my system on a daily basis. I finish work, come home most nights and put music not always to practice but just to listen too while I relax and play with my kids. I will constantly be walking over to the laptop to add tags as songs play so in that sense I use it just as a media player.

Of course I could use itunes or [insert popular media player here] but tag editing in Serato is super simple and I also like to check beat grids, set cues and loops so a mechanism that makes playing unattended music better is always welcome.

Additionally, I do a lot of parties where I lower my price quite a bit just because I like to play and they are friends and family so my gear is hired more than me and I get to also attend the party for some of the night. Not everyone plays in a club or has to be a super star mix master all the time, we have social lives too.
skinnyguy 10:56 AM - 9 June, 2016
Tgro - I know you said you're not a fan of vdj for whatever reason, but it has it. pretty much as you described.

really wish serato would implement it already.

that, and a slideshow.
DJ Tgro 3:31 PM - 9 June, 2016
I don't want to use multiple programs to prepare or play music with. And I don't like DJing with Virtual DJ. I will keep using Denon Music Manager with my old hardware before switching to VDJ while I patiently await a solution from serato.
DjSyndic8 7:35 PM - 10 June, 2016
Quote:
I don't want to use multiple programs to prepare or play music with. And I don't like DJing with Virtual DJ. I will keep using Denon Music Manager with my old hardware before switching to VDJ while I patiently await a solution from serato.

the best auto play dj software for me is OTSDJ its a radio or tv station program that does nice radio fades and cuts out dead air between songs and normalises on the fly so songs have exactly the same Volume its the best in my opinion but very pricey
DJ Tgro 7:22 PM - 11 June, 2016
I will check it out - $220-$330 is pricey to replace something that already works, but maybe it can be a long term solution - especially if Serato doesn't buck up! (BTW...why can't I analyze songs while playing, or while the mixer or controller is hooked up? Such an inconvenience!)
Culprit 8:38 PM - 11 June, 2016
Quote:
I will check it out - $220-$330 is pricey to replace something that already works, but maybe it can be a long term solution - especially if Serato doesn't buck up! (BTW...why can't I analyze songs while playing, or while the mixer or controller is hooked up? Such an inconvenience!)

Because its using the processing power to analyze songs, while your djing your using that processing power. its stupid to do both at the same time.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:14 AM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Because its using the processing power to analyze songs, while your djing your using that processing power. its stupid to do both at the same time.

Scratch live had this
DjSyndic8 2:51 AM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:

nope that's not the case, Ive used it and it doesn't use much processing power, I use it on old laptops with no problems
DJ Tgro 3:42 PM - 12 June, 2016
Culprit, why is it "stupid" to do both at the same time? I feel it's on inconvenience to not be able to!
DJ Tgro 3:42 PM - 12 June, 2016
And if ssl was capable, why not sdj?
Hanginon 4:21 PM - 12 June, 2016
Quote:
And if ssl was capable, why not sdj?

Because SSL is two virtual turntables that share absolutely nothing except a library. Nada, zip, zero.

SDJ is also two virtual turntables, but they talk to each other, a huge difference that enables features so Serato can remain competitive and increase it's market share.
DJ Tgro 6:36 PM - 12 June, 2016
If I'm not using Sync, then the decks aren't "talking to each other," right? Don't get your logic, Hanginon. If it can't do what I need it to do as a tool, but it "used to," then that's lame! If Serato truly wants to remain competitive, and grow the market share, they need to consider the functionality of how all DJs are using their product - not just club guys, performance turntablists and record producers, but mobile DJs and AV techs, too!
Hanginon 3:46 AM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
If I'm not using Sync, then the decks aren't "talking to each other," right?

I always like to give the other person a chance to correct themselves.

When you press the Sync button, the BPM rate of both songs (Master and Slave) will match, plus the Beatmarks will align. Do you think something is going on in the software, even before you hit the Sync button, that allows both of those things to occur INSTANTLY the moment you press Sync?
Culprit 5:33 AM - 13 June, 2016
When you load a song while your djing, it's not analyzing the track? It should.. its never had the ability to analyze your library while your djing tho. It's stupid because any songs that are corrupt could crash your computer live. That's why I said that.
DJ Tgro 4:42 PM - 13 June, 2016
Hanginon - it's called quantization, and if the music has been prepped beforehand properly, the beat grids are lined up to allow the "sync" to lock in. You still have individual control over each deck. But maybe I'm missing something you know about the back end of Serato that I don't. And that still leaves me with a problem that can be easily solved by adding this functionality to this product.

Culprit, I'd like to see the key and bpm of a track (if not, a beat grid), when I'm playing a track for the first time, and also want it normalized/volumized. I may be at an event and need to download a track on the fly, and needing to play it right away before running it through my regular process (Tag & Rename, MP3 Gain or Platinum Notes)...and I'd like to be able to analyze the file before loading it into a Serato deck to make sure it will play properly. As I'm playing another song on the other deck.
Mr. Goodkat 5:32 PM - 13 June, 2016
it will analyze the file live, it just depends on how long it will take your computer to analyze it.

Quote:
and I'd like to be able to analyze the file before loading it into a Serato deck to make sure it will play properly. As I'm playing another song on the other deck.

you could use 4 decks and use decks 3 or 4 to analyze new tracks. again not sure how long it would take depending on your computer.
DJ Tgro 5:37 PM - 13 June, 2016
I will try that. The "Analyze" button disappears when I connect my laptop to my mixer or controller.
d:raf 5:57 PM - 13 June, 2016
Just loading an unanalyzed song onto a deck will analyze it (i.e. build the waveform, find the key and bpm... although what it comes up with as far as the key and bpm isn't always accurate); you don't need the button. I think that's the simple truth that's missing here.

Whether or not your computer will "hiccup" during the loaded-track analyzation while you're playing something else depends on your setup.
Mr. Goodkat 6:18 PM - 13 June, 2016
Quote:
Just loading an unanalyzed song onto a deck will analyze it (i.e. build the waveform, find the key and bpm... although what it comes up with as far as the key and bpm isn't always accurate); you don't need the button. I think that's the simple truth that's missing here.

yeah thats what im saying.

shorter tracks of course, will be quicker, trying to analyze a 60 minute mix would take a few minutes.
Culprit 12:23 AM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
I will try that. The "Analyze" button disappears when I connect my laptop to my mixer or controller.

Yes, it has always been this way since scratchLIVE. You can ask any vet, its never been changed for that reason. I see your point, but remember downloading tracks and loading them live you risk file corruption and a possible crash. Just not recommended, but we all do it sometimes.
Culprit 12:26 AM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

nope that's not the case, Ive used it and it doesn't use much processing power, I use it on old laptops with no problems

SDJ/SSL will use up all the cores to process as many songs at once. Does not matter how old the laptop is at all. I'm only here to guide you guys into the right direction, trust me. Iv'e been here long enough to know when to chime in and when to not to. Or just do whatever you feel is right you know.. up to you
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:18 AM - 14 June, 2016
When you load a new unanalysed track live, you have to remember to load it again after analyzing to get the levels right. I think. Otherwise it will play hotter or colder than your current playing track.
raedonquan 12:41 PM - 15 June, 2016
not to harp in the purist type shit... but when you used vinyl you adjusted your level.. so how can this be any different.

too many folks want instant type shiz.... relax there is plenty of time for your next segway to your next song..
DJ Tgro 2:21 PM - 15 June, 2016
When we used vinyl/records, it was for 1 portion of the event (dancing) - or the entire event at a performance based club or rave, for exampe! As mobile jocks, we've come to rely on certain technologies that allow us to do more than just stand in our DJ booth and play music. This forum/discussion is about AUTOPLAY, and currently, Serato can't switch from song to song (or deck to deck, or crate to crate) and adjust volumes on the fly automatically, so we have this thing called normalization (volumization), to make our digital tracks nearly all the same decibal level (some use platinum notes, some use MP3Gain, and there are others, I'm sure). But Serato DJ now does this when analyzing tracks. The conversation turned to having to analyze tracks on the fly (or not being able to). So this isn't a purist vs. modern DJ conversation at all. Has nothing to do with that! Just want functionality old gear had that has seemed to disappear from the market for some reason.
raedonquan 5:21 PM - 15 June, 2016
so what did you folks do before auto play.... hmm made a tape or cd of a few songs....

if your look how autoplay i serato works its just looking at numbers 0000 to the end of the song.

end of song is not the end of the song musically in the digital world.... have a look when autoplay is on and see where the music ends thats why auto play in serato is the way it is.

now like other automixing software... it knows where the end of song is then tells the next song inline to start.. vdj/ itunes

should be easy for serato to do right.... but maybe not because of their algorithm they use

as i remember serato made scratchlive to mimick what a dj does with out changing record... i would think that was their core philosophy.

they werent thinking about the wedding dj or the radio dj..

you are right autoplay needs to get fixed ... but im ok with a few seconds of dead air
AKIEM 5:50 PM - 15 June, 2016
I can't see how straight jumping to the next track would be all that great without an auto cross fade as well. and etc.
DJ Tgro 10:09 PM - 15 June, 2016
raedonquan - yes, pre-made mixes. I still do them, but only for particular situations. It's nice to be able to change things on the fly or insert a song when needed, off a playlist, though. It appears Serato's core philosophy has changed anyway (from pure vinyl emulation), with the addition of beat grids, looping, effects, sync and now Pyro!. I think you're right about their original intentions, although, I'm not a fan of dead air...just my $.02.
Culprit 12:39 AM - 16 June, 2016
i just want simple auto crossfade, no beatmatching. Dont need it to match tempo's just for background music when setting up or breaking down events or testing sound.
Mr. Goodkat 1:38 AM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
i just want simple auto crossfade, no beatmatching. Dont need it to match tempo's just for background music when setting up or breaking down events or testing sound.

maybe with a xfade over 5-10 seconds too
musiclee 2:01 AM - 16 June, 2016
Culprit

Don't you like that 10 second dead air between songs?
You'd think that such a BASIC feature as gapless autofade/autoplay would have been standard from SSL and SDJ 1.0

Again, not asking for automix/beatmatch, etc

Many mobile DJ's use SDJ and I can guarantee most would embrace gapless autofade for the breaks, cocktail, breakdowns. Etc

Heck, bring it as a plug-in and charge $30, I'm in...
Culprit 4:27 AM - 16 June, 2016
yep, gapless autofade for me please, do i gatta go back to winamp? whip that lama's ass? wtf serato : /
musiclee 5:31 PM - 16 June, 2016
for me it's PCDJ for autoplay :-(
DJ Tgro 6:14 PM - 16 June, 2016
Just curious...do you use Serato for everything else? Or PCDJ for everything?
AKIEM 7:04 PM - 16 June, 2016
Seems like getting it to fade between two songs on the same track might be dificult
Hanginon 8:21 PM - 16 June, 2016
If you are a PC user, check out Digijay - www.digijay.at

Totally free but you'll need to struggle with the Austrian/German. However, the GUI is straightforward. Also, poor controller support, but that's not what it's for.

Ever drive a high performance car with an automatic transmission? You touch the shift lever and it works like a standard, but as soon as you let go, it smoothly transitions back to automatic? That's how AutoPlay works in DigiJay. Transition times and fades are also fully adjustable. Panel layout is just like Serato when in the "Prepare" mode, and you can even build crates.

If someone without the resources of Serato can do this, it makes no sense that such a simple ask can't be implemented.
DjSyndic8 10:00 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Seems like getting it to fade between two songs on the same track might be dificult

its not that we cant fade manually its for a playlist of singles for a wedding background set etc
musiclee 11:06 PM - 16 June, 2016
I use PCDJ pre-gig. setup, cocktail, breaks, breakdown.
And use SSL and/or SDJ for actual gig
musiclee 11:11 PM - 16 June, 2016
If SDJ had gapless fade, then it would be SSL 100%
musiclee 11:11 PM - 16 June, 2016
SDJ, my bad
AKIEM 11:27 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

its not that we cant fade manually its for a playlist of singles for a wedding background set etc

yup.
Im assuming you arnt talking about it moving the crossfader automatically....
DjSyndic8 2:26 AM - 17 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yup.
Im assuming you arnt talking about it moving the crossfader automatically....

a dj software that knows when to fade out at the right time and drops the next song in keeping in mind that every song has different length dead air
938MyDJ 5:51 AM - 17 June, 2016
The sad reality is NOT EVEN ONE Serato team member chimed-in after 8 Months and 11 Days since I this started this thread.

Will SDJ's Autoplay remain the way it is forever?

Compared to the biggest features that has been added recently like:
(These are my personal choices by the way)
Flip
Pitch N Time
EQ / Colorwaveform Reactive
Key Shifting
Key Play...

improving the Autoplay is not going to be as hard as any of the above imo.

You made SDJ into almost an all around software for turntable, CDJ, controller, Ipad, and Video use, why not make it useful both for us club and mobile DJs?
DjSyndic8 5:53 AM - 17 June, 2016
Quote:
The sad reality is NOT EVEN ONE Serato team member chimed-in after 8 Months and 11 Days since I this started this thread.

Will SDJ's Autoplay remain the way it is forever?

Compared to the biggest features that has been added recently like:
(These are my personal choices by the way)
Flip
Pitch N Time
EQ / Colorwaveform Reactive
Key Shifting
Key Play...

improving the Autoplay is not going to be as hard as any of the above imo.

You made SDJ into almost an all around software for turntable, CDJ, controller, Ipad, and Video use, why not make it useful both for us club and mobile DJs?

its probably not on seratos priority to do list at the mo:)
soul63 6:33 AM - 17 June, 2016
i've tried automix in vdj..yes there is a function called "beat match on fade"..but to call it beat matching is pushing it a bit..it just brings a track over the top of another track whilst the other track fades out for the duration set..its very hit and miss..even for the short fade time..some tracks can clash..i've tried all the settings..what i did was go through loads of tracks to find which worked with which..so in essence you cant just load up a tracklist and just press automix without checking if tracks clash..this was my experience with it..but i can see how mobile djs would want it..and if someone asked you for a cd and were not concerned about mixing..but didnt want dead air..again it has its uses ..you can still use drops on it..so i cant see any harm in serato introducing it..quite why it would bother anybody who dont want to use it..is beyond me.
skinnyguy 4:29 PM - 17 June, 2016
Quote:

its probably not on seratos priority to do list at the mo:)

Yea, but it feels like more people wanted this than sync.
DJ Tgro 6:41 PM - 17 June, 2016
It should be a priority!
Mr. Goodkat 7:04 PM - 17 June, 2016
if it doesnt make money its not getting fixed unless its for a new product.
938MyDJ 9:52 PM - 17 June, 2016
As a plug in it will make $.

I wouldn't mind spending 30.00 rather than creating a playlist and using a separate program/device just for this very basic requirement.
Mr. Goodkat 10:04 PM - 17 June, 2016
it would kinda be hard to charge for something so basic esp when others have one in place for free.
938MyDJ 10:43 PM - 17 June, 2016
They made Pyro for IOS devices for free in conjunction with Pulselocker (where the $ is expected to flow).

What do you think is the reason why it is NOT implementedin a more mature program (SDJ) that has a regular user base already?
AKIEM 3:31 AM - 20 June, 2016
Just seems like there are other ways to easily achieve this if you can't stand there...
DJ Tgro 7:12 PM - 23 June, 2016
More mobiles are using Serato, and we want a tool that does all we need, professionally. I don't want to use multiple tools, laptops, software, controllers. I'd like one to do everything for me. Maybe I should check out Engine? Oh wait, they forgot to implement old tech from Music Manager! Still waiting, Serato!
AKIEM 8:21 PM - 23 June, 2016
C'mon mam. Multiple tools?

You mean you want to play off laptop speakers and shine the screen on the dance floor?

I don't do many weddings, but when I do, I play through the dinner, and at a minimum, man the equipment - smh

And I commonly use multiple software and "extra equipment" for various shows. I don't expect Serato to 'do everything'. I don't expect the software to 'do my job'

You can't be bothered to plug in a 1/4 inch to rca cable, start itunes and press play? Do you know how easy it is to fade itunes down and fade serato up (if you are going to actually start djing)???
musiclee 8:41 PM - 23 June, 2016
it would be nice to use SDJ all night, and not have to depend on other software (PCDJ) to do the most basic of tasks
musiclee 8:43 PM - 23 June, 2016
i would pay min. of $20 for a gapless mix/fade plug-in
those who want it, buy it :-)
938MyDJ 11:12 PM - 23 June, 2016
Quote:
C'mon mam. Multiple tools?

You mean you want to play off laptop speakers and shine the screen on the dance floor?

I don't do many weddings, but when I do, I play through the dinner, and at a minimum, man the equipment - smh

And I commonly use multiple software and "extra equipment" for various shows. I don't expect Serato to 'do everything'. I don't expect the software to 'do my job'

You can't be bothered to plug in a 1/4 inch to rca cable, start itunes and press play? Do you know how easy it is to fade itunes down and fade serato up (if you are going to actually start djing)???

You seem not being bothered by this... You can keep up what you are doing. 😊

You don't need to use it when it comes out for free.
Or you don't need to buy it if is a paid feature.

And yeah, I know how to play on other systems too in so many different ways more than what you've mentioned. But I still have to organize dining/cocktail music in any of those other systems. I do that on my back up equipment (a 2nd Macbook or an Ipad) most if the time. But why do I need to do that if my main system can do it the way it needs to be done?

If I didn't use my back up on a gig, that means my main gear is up to par and most likely the night went well.

That's just me if course!
AKIEM 11:52 PM - 23 June, 2016
It's not about what I think you should be doing, what equipment you use or how you use it. I dont care if you prefer to press play on a cassette deck and let it run all night.

What I do care about is Serato wasting time/energy on unnecessary features instead of focusing on stability and needed improvements.

Secondly, yes I am disappointed by Serato implementing features which do your job as a DJ, rather than be a tool for DJing.

Personally, I never thought they would implement auto syncing. I was wrong about that, and I hope I am wrong about them ever implementing Auto Mixing.

Again sharing playlists with other software like iTunes is exceeeeeeedingly easy. Pressing play is exceeeeeeeedingly easy. Piping audio through a headphone jack is exceeeeeeeeeeedingly easy.

You CANT keep a dinner playlist on itunes? You CANT switch between apps? You CANT fade itunes down?
Culprit 4:13 AM - 24 June, 2016
i dont want auto mixing, but i want auto fade for sure, Like in Spotify, Winamp, Itunes.
Mr. Goodkat 5:08 AM - 24 June, 2016
Quote:
Piping audio through a headphone jack is exceeeeeeeeeeedingly easy.

tru. its probably actually easier and has all the xfade options. of course we we'll get the answer that ppl hate itunes. surely there is another program similar if you hate itunes
Justin James 7:21 AM - 24 June, 2016
Hey Autoplay lobbyists *me included.. Use the REC feature, record your own mixes with your required content, then create a " mixes" crate, then you're set to go.. I don't think an upgraded Autoplay feature is coming anytime soon?!
938MyDJ 2:28 PM - 24 June, 2016
Oh yeah! Aside from cocktail/dining for weddings, I have to record mixes of nursery songs for kids' party, classic videos when I am just drinking beer with friends, my backing tracks if I have to play/sing live and the list goes on when mixing is not required at all. (Cons: CAN NOT insert song/s instantly or change the order of the songs)

As mentioned above, I've been through these options way more than what you are talking about.

The Feature is already in the program. It just need a tiny bit of tweaking to avoid the dead air between songs. Then Serato DJwill become my Swiss knife everytime I have to play music from my laptop.

Just like SYNC, you don't need to use it if it's NOT for you.
musiclee 3:08 PM - 24 June, 2016
i need gapless play, not auto beat mixing
i need to remove the dead air between songs

here what i say,
make it a $20 plug-in
you want it, you buy it
you don't want it, don't buy it
everyone is happy
done
AKIEM 5:09 PM - 24 June, 2016
Quote:
Oh yeah! Aside from cocktail/dining for weddings, I have to record mixes of nursery songs for kids' party, classic videos when I am just drinking beer with friends, my backing tracks if I have to play/sing live and the list goes on when mixing is not required at all. (Cons: CAN NOT insert song/s instantly or change the order of the songs)

As mentioned above, I've been through these options way more than what you are talking about.

The Feature is already in the program. It just need a tiny bit of tweaking to avoid the dead air between songs. Then Serato DJwill become my Swiss knife everytime I have to play music from my laptop.

Just like SYNC, you don't need to use it if it's NOT for you.

Obviously. I dont think anyone is really trying to stop you from using Auto DJ features, just that pro applications don't need to implement them.

I think it probably needs more 'tweeking' than you realize, it will have to transition from deck to deck.

I think its a huhe mistake for a Serato to design for guys hanging around drinking a beer and too lazy to actually do some DJing. And too lazy to, plug in cable.

And yes you can change a playlist order on whatever apps, I think that does include itunes.

LMAO @ how lazy you "dj" are.
938MyDJ 6:51 PM - 24 June, 2016
Lazy...?

I prepare the wedding program/playlist, slideshow (if bundled on a package), templates for photobooth, prep notes if I need to MC, rehearse (on piano) and my songs if I have to sing live, set up projector/screens for video, set up photobooth, sound & lighting with just one helper most of the time.

I rehearse on 3 different set ups on rotation (TTs, CDJs, SZ) regularly.
I spend 30min to 1hr a day mininimum to download videos from my subscription, organize library, create playlists for upcoming club gig, and prep at the same time (do beatgrid and cuepoints).

That's how lazy I am.

You just DON'T get it...
Better Autoplay = One Software, One Library, on One Night (for mobile gigs).

In reality, I also believe it's not going to happen really soon. But if we stop asking, it would become less priority or worse be disregarded completely.

And if ever it come out in the future, you have to promise that you're not even gonna try or test it. LOL!

Peace, Bro!
Culprit 7:53 PM - 24 June, 2016
Let's just be positive about this moving forward
musiclee 7:55 PM - 24 June, 2016
ye, all we are asking for is an improvement on an existing SDJ function,
just remove the silence/gap
don't beat match, mix, etc,
just fade it like "Pyro"
AKIEM 8:04 PM - 24 June, 2016
Quote:
ye, all we are asking for is an improvement on an existing SDJ function,
just remove the silence/gap
don't beat match, mix, etc,
just fade it like "Pyro"

Im going to try and stay positive.

It sounds very simple, my guess is that it is alot more complicated than that. Even if faded at ten seconds, you can't adjust it - consider what its fading from and too. If it won't be fading from deck a to b, and just fades between songs on deck a - there will have to be a secondary audio engine it switches between - or however it works. Dont assume its so simple.
938MyDJ 8:29 PM - 24 June, 2016
I am not even expecting an Auto-CROSSFADE for this.

I am also not a programmer. But logically, I think this would be similar to the way the sensitivity level of the Auto-CUE in Rekordbox (Settings) is adjusted. Where the Auto-CUE becomes the start point of the incoming.
I could be wrong though.

Or simply the "Remove Silence" Automix type of VDJ.
DJ Tgro 8:54 PM - 24 June, 2016
Akiem - Don't knock it till you try it! Denon had the tech - they abandoned it. Serato has become the norm, missing this ONE feature that would help immensely. Check out what Crossfade and Relay play is on the old DN-HD2500. If you're a mobile (and you don't use iTunes), you'll see why the ability to do this is necessary. It's not being lazy if I don't want to connect a cable 150 times a year! It can be done internally (loading crates or songs into the decks in this "autoplay" mode). It doesn't diminish a pro's skills, it enhances them. Pre-Made Mixes are great for certain situations, but not all. Imagine not needing iTunes at all...just using one platform (Serato).

938MyDJ and Culprit - You rock. You get it. Thank you!

Musiclee - You're right. Simple fades that can be adjusted. Play originals with this feature, mix dance remixes and edits manually during the "dance" portion of events.
DJ Tgro 8:55 PM - 24 June, 2016
BTW...if Serato doesn't implement this soon, I'm looking at PCDJ. Don't like it, but better than buying old Denon units to run this portion of my event.
DJ Tgro 9:11 PM - 24 June, 2016
Let me put it this way:

Old way (for me, as a digital dj)=
1. Search and Download Songs
2. Run Songs through normalization/volumization
3. Edit ID3 Tags for Organizational and searching purposes
4. Add songs to external drive (or burn to CD) / add to database (Music Manager)
5. Add to playlists/crates where necessary
6. Play music at event!

New way =
2. Run Songs through normalization/volumization (Mp3Gain/Platinum Notes)
3. Edit ID3 Tags for Organizational and searching purposes (Tag & Rename)
4. Add songs to external drive / copy to laptop drive and add to database (Music Manager)
5. Do the same thing with Serato, Traktor and any other programs you use to play your files.
6. Analyze files in Serato
7. Fix tags in Serato (for transition tracks, especially!)
8. Add to playlists/crates where necessary (in both Music Manager and Serato, Traktor, etc.)
9. Play music at event!

Feel free to substitute Itunes for Music Manager, if you use that.

Again, I'd like one tool that does it all, and does it right!

Ideally, here's how it will go =
2. Import into Serato
3. Analyze files (normalization, id3 tags, etc.)
4. Organize Crates/Playlists
5. Play Music At Event! (with features a mobile DJ is looking for!)
AKIEM 1:02 AM - 25 June, 2016
Nah, I would try, might even use it... if its there.... Just like I might plug a 1/4 cable... If its there.

I tried auto sync once too.

You should put that cable on your menu:
• Cell Phone Cable 99¢
For smooth music transitions during dinner.

Boom, $148.50 / yr
(to lift that cable - lmao)
musiclee 6:15 PM - 25 June, 2016
no, $20 total to buy the plug-in,
buy it only if you need/want it,
that's it!!!
Tommy Deem 9:54 PM - 25 June, 2016
I dropped totally when this topic went to:
We are professional dj's, we need seamless autoplay xD priceless topic xD
Mr. Goodkat 11:22 PM - 25 June, 2016
Quote:

Theres wedding djs, and performance djs, and club djs and bar djs and radio djs and combos of all those things. different tools for different professionals.
DjSyndic8 4:43 AM - 26 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Theres wedding djs, and performance djs, and club djs and bar djs and radio djs and combos of all those things. different tools for different professionals.

dont forget the wanna be DJ's that play other DJ's medleys and stand there miming the whole set lol
Tommy Deem 2:40 PM - 26 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah that is true and then there are we non-professionals who thinks that Dj actually plays the music himself. I need autoplay only when i'm listenings tracks at home and it's great that there is no mixing on it, i can listen the whole track.

But yes, if professionals are those who actually dosen't play the music, then i'm gladly claim that i'm amateur then xD
musiclee 5:12 PM - 26 June, 2016
"it's great that there is no mixing on it, i can listen the whole track."

Guys, that's why you would have a setting 0-30 seconds
If you want to hear the songs as is, and hear the dead silence, you set it to 0, Would behave as it is now
SIMPLE

Then I'd take it 1 step forward, Max play time of tracks, so if I want the tracks to play only 2 minutes, then fade, it would do so. Or 3 min, So I wouldn't hear 7 minutes of Sade's "ordinary love", while I'm having dinner with guests. Lol

Yes, at all my jobs. I too enjoy the parties with guests. Eat and drink with them. :/)

And then after dinner I DJ for realz.

So again, you use it if you want
Not needed for club DJ's perhaps
But much needed for wedding, party DJ's
Mr. Goodkat 9:17 PM - 26 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah that is true and then there are we non-professionals who thinks that Dj actually plays the music himself. I need autoplay only when i'm listenings tracks at home and it's great that there is no mixing on it, i can listen the whole track.

But yes, if professionals are those who actually dosen't play the music, then i'm gladly claim that i'm amateur then xD

i dont see why its such an insult to your sensibilities. if you dont want it, just dont want it.
DJ Tgro 8:56 PM - 27 June, 2016
Right? Don't use it if you don't wanna! Been thinking about this more, and for serato to add the buttons "autofade" and "automix" or "PYRO," in addition to "autoplay," that would be awesome! It would also be nice if you could have the "prepare" essentially for each deck, loading crates/playlists into decks, rearrange the order, fade time and even manually intervene as needed. It's really not that hard - if Denon had the tech 10 years ago, right? Gonna keep on chiming in until someone starts to care.
AKIEM 1:06 AM - 28 June, 2016
"DJs" won't be happy until their job is completely automated.
DjSyndic8 4:12 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:

not true
Mr. Goodkat 4:45 AM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:

after hearing guys playing on traktor for a few hours, it basically is. outside of loading and pressing play.

they played good tunes, and i had fun, not mad, but it was weird not hearing any one slip one time or nudge the tt. it was like listening to a highly compressed big name electronic mix cd.
AKIEM 4:27 PM - 28 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

not true

I forgot... And $9.99 a month.
:-)
DJ Tgro 12:37 AM - 29 June, 2016
Definitely don't want that - we'll all be out of a job! Just auto fades!
AKIEM 3:38 AM - 29 June, 2016
just auto-sync
just auto-play
just auto-fades
just auto-mix
just auto-library
just auto-selection
just auto-download

all those just auto-this and just auto-that adds up to complete automation
DJ Tgro 3:48 AM - 29 June, 2016
auto beat juggle
auto scratch
auto hate...

...and so forth...

I put in many hours every week sorting and organizing music. It would be nice to have a solution to do my job, like I have for the past 10 years, that actually did everything I want or need it to do. That solution doesn't exist anymore and I'm trying really hard to embrace Serato and DJing with a laptop, but it's not the same. I love my turntables, but they don't do what my controller can do, with Serato. I'm trying to embrace this new way of DJing because whether we like it or not, it's the future. There will always be a place for turntables in DJ and Hip Hop culture. Not to mention, can't automate personality, service, work ethic, customization in audio, lighting, video or special fx.

BTW...auto-download would be kind of cool! (automate based on type, label, artist, etc.)
Mr. Goodkat 7:46 AM - 29 June, 2016
you're missing his point.

the further you automate, the less you are needed.

of course, most djs want to think they are so good or important that they wont cant be replaced but the reality is the less you dj, the less you are needed.

im not for it or against, and rarely use the feature, but im pretty sure thats what akiem is alluding to in his statement.
DJ Tgro 4:19 PM - 29 June, 2016
I'm not missing his point at all...he's missing ours! We're asking for a simple solution that's been around already with other solutions. We just want this one feature - not poo pooing on anyone elses parade. My point was that you can't automate personality, you can't automate service, you can't automate what a professional DJ/MC does. I provide a service that includes so much, including my unique mixing style during a portion of their event. But it's only a fraction of what I bring to the table. When it comes to mixing, there will always be "the latest and greatest," but why feel threatened by autofade when automix is already here? (PYRO) I just don't get it. I'm not threatened at all. Be threatened by PYRO or if they incorporate auto mixing into Spotify, not by "Autofade" in Serato!
AKIEM 7:29 PM - 29 June, 2016
threatened?

Serato is great because it began as SratchLIVE not MixAUTO.

Serato would have flopped if it began as a 'do it for you system'.
Hanginon 9:39 PM - 29 June, 2016
AKIEM -

We ALREADY HAVE AUTOPLAY! Like everything else in life, if you're going to do it, do it right. We are simply requesting Serato to do it right, instead of (seemingly) adding it to the program as an afterthought.

I presently use other programs to trim the silence from the ends of my mp3's. I cannot believe people having a big problem with asking to have AUTOPLAY do it, when the end result is exactly the same.

And Serato did not begin with ScratchLive - it began with Pitch N Time, a Pro Tools plug-in. What that does is, using time-strteching, AUTOMATES (there's that word again you don't like) pitch scaling.
Culprit 9:58 PM - 29 June, 2016
s3.amazonaws.com

god dammit, back to your corners.
938MyDJ 12:56 AM - 30 June, 2016
Quote:
threatened?

Not "Threatened," Old-Fashion is the correct term, LOL!

And what do you think the reason they abandoned that system (SSL)?

Moving forward to the future my friend, FUTURE.

And BTW, SSL has the Autoplay too... A clear sign that it got neglected for a very long time.
DjSyndic8 2:43 AM - 30 June, 2016
Quote:
AKIEM -

We ALREADY HAVE AUTOPLAY! Like everything else in life, if you're going to do it, do it right. We are simply requesting Serato to do it right, instead of (seemingly) adding it to the program as an afterthought.

I presently use other programs to trim the silence from the ends of my mp3's. I cannot believe people having a big problem with asking to have AUTOPLAY do it, when the end result is exactly the same.

And Serato did not begin with ScratchLive - it began with Pitch N Time, a Pro Tools plug-in. What that does is, using time-strteching, AUTOMATES (there's that word again you don't like) pitch scaling.

I understand where your coming from the only thing to do is post this as a future request for Serato and to try and find a alternative workaround,
DJ Tgro 7:48 PM - 30 June, 2016
Quote:
threatened?

Yes, threatened. Why else complain about a feature other DJs would use as a tool? Serato SSL was a product that emulated turntables (or essentially, allowed you to be a digital laptop DJ while still using tables). It's become so much more than that. We're just asking Serato engineers for the "missing link," the one feature that would make it our primary (if not, only) tool to organize and play music with. I don't want it to magically do everything for me, just be a tool that does what I need it to, to do my job. It's like a fire fighter asking for a couple 25' hoses to be added to the truck, instead of a bunch of 50' hoses. Or a dentist wanting a better tooth scraper in his dental kit. I (and obviously others) want this swiss army knife of a tool to include this one feature and it would be a perfect tool at this point! But right now, it's missing this one thing that would make it easier for me to use Serato exclusively for what I do. I hope that better explains where I'm coming from.
AKIEM 10:13 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
threatened?

Not "Threatened," Old-Fashion is the correct term, LOL!

And what do you think the reason they abandoned that system (SSL)?

....hmmm, so they can implement Auto Fades?
LOL

Quote:
Moving forward to the future my friend, FUTURE.

Let me tell you about the future because I am now, and have been your entire career far more futuristic than you, my friend. I bet Ive clocked more live hours on beta versions than you have bedroom practice.

Im looking at your avatar there... lol ok, man lots light and stuff... My system on the other hand is built very methodically, intentionally and with patience to ensure stability, efficiency, good work flow and longevity.

While yours is needlessly expensive, and full of weak links and choke points as well as unnecessary redundancy.

So, while your stuff there all becomes obsolete, unneeded, and unwanted residing in a bedroom closet or landfill - my system will continue to work just fine. THAT - is called futuristic - my system will be running quite fine far into the future.

My work flow is ADVANCE and based on newer tech and features - yours is a rehash of of the plain old same methods with some added training wheels.

Not to dwell on all that, but.... :)

Quote:

And BTW, SSL has the Autoplay too... A clear sign that it got neglected for a very long time.

I clear sign its not as futuristic as you thought. When did iTunes implement fades? iTunes4?
AKIEM 10:19 PM - 1 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
threatened?

Yes, threatened. Why else complain about a feature other DJs would use as a tool?
As I said - To let Serato know there are people who dont want them wasting effort on features with half a dozen work arounds already. And to let them know some people dont want them going down the AUTO everything path.
Quote:
Serato SSL was a product that emulated turntables (or essentially, allowed you to be a digital laptop DJ while still using tables). It's become so much more than that. We're just asking Serato engineers for the "missing link," the one feature that would make it our primary (if not, only) tool to organize and play music with. I don't want it to magically do everything for me, just be a tool that does what I need it to, to do my job. It's like a fire fighter asking for a couple 25' hoses to be added to the truck, instead of a bunch of 50' hoses. Or a dentist wanting a better tooth scraper in his dental kit. I (and obviously others) want this swiss army knife of a tool to include this one feature and it would be a perfect tool at this point! But right now, it's missing this one thing that would make it easier for me to use Serato exclusively for what I do. I hope that better explains where I'm coming from.

The "missing link" is a smart phone cable. lol

Whats funny, is Im so futuristic I already predicted dudes would be asking for auto-fades and auto-mixing. If this where ever implemented dudes will be asking for auto-beatmatching.....

#futuristic
DJ Tgro 12:15 AM - 2 July, 2016
Open up your eyes...they already invested 2 years into it, it exists, it's called Pyro. Don't know why you (the almighty AKIEM) need to talk smack. You obviously missed the point. I've spent more time in front of crowds than you've spent in your bedroom, but I'm not on here to say that to anyone; why brag about who's better at what? We're all different DJs...and some of us (many mobiles) are just asking for a feature to be added or included in future versions....tech that already exists on other platforms. I don't know why you feel this way, don't know why you care to be so negative towards others who obviously are different than you. We want to be loyal Serato users, too! We just want it to do more for us, otherwise, there are other platforms out there to explore. Why poo poo others' ideas, especially on optional functionality? I just don't get it.
DJ Tgro 12:22 AM - 2 July, 2016
Funny, because the description on this website doesn't sound like the same person on this thread: www.compas.org

I get that you're into hip-hop and the culture, but there are other sides to DJing. For someone who appears to be a teacher of the craft, a promoter of "the art and science of DJing," and someone who contributes to publications, I would think you'd be open to new things, innovation and creative tools that help your fellow DJ brethren do their jobs. Again, I'm at a loss for words.

Auto Fade, Serato. Not Autoplay or Automix (like Pyro). That's all we're asking for!
d:raf 2:21 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:
Don't know why you (the almighty AKIEM) need to talk smack.

You must be new here :).
DJ Tgro 2:31 AM - 2 July, 2016
Yeah, pretty much! I haven't explored other forums, because this topic is my only concern right now with Serato. I may jump over to the "analyze files while playing" forum if it exists, but otherwise, I'm happy.
938MyDJ 2:58 AM - 2 July, 2016
@akiem

I know you have a feature in mind for your personal workflow that is not within Serato yet.

I might not need or want it. But I'm not going to say something that would stop Serato in implementing it.

Why? Just because it totally doesn't make any sense.
AKIEM 3:17 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:

Quote:
Open up your eyes...they already invested 2 years into it, it exists, it's called Pyro. Don't know why you (the almighty AKIEM) need to talk smack.

Hey, Im just responding to the words on the screen. Im talking about the feature. But if anyone wants to talk about how afraid of technology, old fashion, non-futuristic (and so on) then Im going to respond in kind.

You obviously missed the point. I've spent more time in front of crowds than you've spent in your bedroom, but I'm not on here to say that to anyone; why brag about who's better at what? We're all different DJs...and some of us (many mobiles) are just asking for a feature to be added or included in future versions....tech that already exists on other platforms. I don't know why you feel this way, don't know why you care to be so negative towards others who obviously are different than you. We want to be loyal Serato users, too! We just want it to do more for us, otherwise, there are other platforms out there to explore. Why poo poo others' ideas, especially on optional functionality? I just don't get it.

Ok. This will be the third time I explained my opinion as to why I disagree about this feature (same with plenty others features even some I suggested in the past)

A - I don't think Serato should spend time/energy on this feature. There are MANY other features I think need more attention. There are various other options already available.

B - I don't think Serato should head in the direction of 'auto features'. I think that type of automation is harmful for the craft.

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion, and I think that I am free to express it. If you can explain why that is not the case, I will consider it. If you ask me again, I will tell you the same thing tho.

About "negativity" you should ask why whenever someone disagrees with these type features they are called "afraid" "old" "unfuturistic" and so on. If anyone wants to invalidate my opinion in that way then I will revalidate it in like.

You might have spent more time in front of people than I have in my bedroom. That because my equipment has been living in my production studio for some years now. If you think that matters somehow... ok. But I bet I am more futuristic than you are.

See how that works? You talk smack, I talk smack. LOL

Quote:
Quote:
Don't know why you (the almighty AKIEM) need to talk smack.

You must be new here :).

LOL!

Quote:
Funny, because the description on this website doesn't sound like the same person on this thread: www.compas.org

That would be pretty funny if on my teaching profile I ranted against this feature. LMAO

However. I certainly do speak against automation when I teach. Just the other day I had a group of high school age students and I went in on it. Straight shitted on cheap controllers. You would have loved it.

Quote:

I get that you're into hip-hop and the culture, but there are other sides to DJing. For someone who appears to be a teacher of the craft, a promoter of "the art and science of DJing," and someone who contributes to publications, I would think you'd be open to new things,

In my opinion these type of automation features disrespect the artform (of djing in general).

I am open to new technology, I am a champion supporter of innovation, but not for the sake of newness or blinking lights.

Quote:

innovation and creative tools that help your fellow DJ brethren do their jobs. Again, I'm at a loss for words.

Calling this "innovation" is whats actually amazing - in my opinion of course.

And claiming it is a tool to help you do your job - more like do your job for you - in my opinion of course.`11
AKIEM 3:20 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:
@akiem

I know you have a feature in mind for your personal workflow that is not within Serato yet.

I have and had a great many. And not even just for my personal workflow. Ive suggested a lot of features I personally dont need.

Quote:

I might not need or want it. But I'm not going to say something that would stop Serato in implementing it.

thats fine.

Quote:

Why? Just because it totally doesn't make any sense.

I disagree.
DJ Tgro 3:35 AM - 2 July, 2016
Quote:
A - I don't think Serato should spend time/energy on this feature. There are MANY other features I think need more attention. There are various other options already available.

Thanks, 938myDJ!
DJ Tgro 4:04 AM - 2 July, 2016
Akiem, I'm all for sharing opinions - not saying you don't have a right to one. But you're the only DJ complaining about a feature many DJs want incorporated into Serato - why complain about a feature you don't have to use for what you do?
A - They've already spent time and money investing in Pyro, a program that AUTO MIXES SONGS. We're only asking for AUTO FADES between decks or crates/playlists. This feature has been around digital DJing for over 10 years with Denon (what I've used primarily for the last 10 years) and others (hardware and software). Why waste your time shooting this functionality down?
B - Already have done it - gone beyond what you are complaining about already! But yet they leave this out (Hardware manufacturers are leaving it out now, too).
So please, express your opinion, but like my parents said many times while growing up: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it." I'm just wondering why you're so fired up against a feature many of us want. (This thread has many more posts than other threads in this forum - must be a hot topic.) I DON'T CARE HOW FUTURISTIC YOU ARE! Nobody does!
I'm curious why you don't speak out against Pyro, or iTunes? Why speak out against automation at all? If you don't like it, don't use it! If you are a champion of innovation, try to see other sides of what we do. I really don't know how to explain it better than it's already been said in this discussion. Innovation is all about new methods, ideas or products - since it can't be done yet with Serato, we mobile DJs would like this "AUTO FADE" feature to make our jobs easier during cocktail hours, dinners or breaks to go to the bathroom at our corporate functions when we're the AV, Lighting and Sound tech at an event for 8+ hours a day. I've been using this feature with my Denon DN-HD2500 for years...for seamless fades of music, without gaps between songs. I'd like to migrate to Serato from Denon exclusively, but it's missing this one thing. I'm a PC user, and don't like iTunes. I will continue to use the Denon Software for preparing music for those portions of my events, but when it's dance time, I shift gears and become the DJ you would appreciate...I move over to Serato and play on my DDJ-SX2 or DJM-S9 and Technics 1200s. Having to prepare your music on two platforms is time consuming. I'd like to only use one I can count on. Until Serato implements this feature, I'll continue doing what I'm doing. It's not to do my job for me, it's to help me do my job more professionally and easily. I encourage you to learn how much work a good mobile DJ puts in, and how they actually work and function at their events. Most hip-hop and club guys can't handle what we do, because they don't realize the amount of planning, coordination and communication is happening before and during events we're involved with. Again, why would you feel so strongly about something that you would want to stop a manufacturer from implementing it as a tool? It still doesn't make any sense, but yes, you are entitled to your opinion.
musiclee 1:58 AM - 3 July, 2016
Why don't we all stop "arguing" whether or not a gapless auto play is needed, whether that's means your a lazy DJ, or if it makes you a fake DJ,

We already have an auto-play, so just improve on it
That's all we are asking for (us mobile DJ's)

Those who want it use it
Those who don't want it, don't use it
It not a NEW function

EXACTLY as it is now, just without the 10-15 seconds of silence between songs
AKIEM 8:13 PM - 5 July, 2016
Quote:
Akiem, I'm all for sharing opinions - not saying you don't have a right to one. But you're the only DJ complaining about a feature many DJs want incorporated into Serato - why complain about a feature you don't have to use for what you do?
pretty sure Im not the only one - your abacus needs recalibrating
Quote:

A - They've already spent time and money investing in Pyro, a program that AUTO MIXES SONGS. We're only asking for AUTO FADES between decks or crates/playlists. This feature has been around digital DJing for over 10 years with Denon (what I've used primarily for the last 10 years) and others (hardware and software). Why waste your time shooting this functionality down?
ok - they shouldnt invest any MORE...
Quote:

B - Already have done it - gone beyond what you are complaining about already! But yet they leave this out (Hardware manufacturers are leaving it out now, too).
So please, express your opinion, but like my parents said many times while growing up: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it." I'm just wondering why you're so fired up against a feature many of us want. (This thread has many more posts than other threads in this forum - must be a hot topic.)
I DON'T CARE HOW FUTURISTIC YOU ARE! Nobody does!
Bro, if you make me a drop, record that, I will paypal you some extra chips
Quote:

I'm curious why you don't speak out against Pyro, or iTunes?
I did. I sayd Pyro was maybe the worst event to ever happen in regard to DJ culture. (obviously Serato have the right to pursue such, and it might be great for them making a move into the broader consumer market) I just dont think its good for DJ culture. And as far as iTunes - I certainly did come out against it, first time I witnessed it being used instead of a DJ
Quote:
Why speak out against automation at all?
because we are all connected
Quote:
If you don't like it, don't use it! If you are a champion of innovation, try to see other sides of what we do. I really don't know how to explain it better than it's already been said in this discussion. Innovation is all about new methods, ideas or products - since it can't be done yet with Serato, we mobile DJs would like this "AUTO FADE" feature to make our jobs easier during cocktail hours, dinners or breaks to go to the bathroom at our corporate functions when we're the AV, Lighting and Sound tech at an event for 8+ hours a day. I've been using this feature with my Denon DN-HD2500 for years...for seamless fades of music, without gaps between songs.
Actually some mobile DJs really dont care for this feature either, because they actually DJ during dinner. I do several weddings a year myself and will DJ dinner because - well thats what Im being paid for. Not too difficult, pretty much handle it one handed.
Quote:
I'd like to migrate to Serato from Denon exclusively, but it's missing this one thing. I'm a PC user, and don't like iTunes. I will continue to use the Denon Software for preparing music for those portions of my events, but when it's dance time, I shift gears and become the DJ you would appreciate...I move over to Serato and play on my DDJ-SX2 or DJM-S9 and Technics 1200s. Having to prepare your music on two platforms is time consuming. I'd like to only use one I can count on. Until Serato implements this feature, I'll continue doing what I'm doing. It's not to do my job for me, it's to help me do my job more professionally and easily.
well, I guess that depends on what you consider doing your job. To me (lmho) DJing means actually playing records instead of let the computer play for you.
Quote:
I encourage you to learn how much work a good mobile DJ puts in, and how they actually work and function at their events. Most hip-hop and club guys can't handle what we do, because they don't realize the amount of planning, coordination and communication is happening before and during events we're involved with.
the reverse is probably also true
Quote:
Again, why would you feel so strongly about something that you would want to stop a manufacturer from implementing it as a tool? It still doesn't make any sense, but yes, you are entitled to your opinion.

C - I dont see AUTOMATION as a 'DJs tool'

B - I don't think Serato should head in the direction of 'auto features'. I think that type of automation is harmful for the craft.

...and if you ask me again, I will tell you the same :)
Phsyraxion 12:37 AM - 6 July, 2016
Welcome folks, welcome to the Akiem and Tgro AutoFade battle royal discussion thread where no one wins and no one cares.

If you haven't been watching closely here's a recap of the excitement that has been happening this season. Gapless automix was the topic of suggestion and Tgro agreed it's a welcome feature. Akiem does not agree this is a welcome feature. While this was adequate enough of an episode it was then decided to stretch this out to 2 seasons where we saw the exciting battle between the 2 with the inevitable personal shots about the apparent skills of each contestant with nothing of substance to back it up.

I don't know about you folks but i'm keen as mustard to see what happens next. Will Tgro fight back and maintain his stance about autofade improvement or will Akiem cement his own view with the final word about how much the feature is not wanted by him personally.

This is your host with a waste of time post as relevant as the last half of this thread.
DjSyndic8 2:38 AM - 6 July, 2016
Previously on "New AUTOPLAY"

Quote:
Welcome folks, welcome to the Akiem and Tgro AutoFade battle royal discussion thread where no one wins and no one cares.

If you haven't been watching closely here's a recap of the excitement that has been happening this season. Gapless automix was the topic of suggestion and Tgro agreed it's a welcome feature. Akiem does not agree this is a welcome feature. While this was adequate enough of an episode it was then decided to stretch this out to 2 seasons where we saw the exciting battle between the 2 with the inevitable personal shots about the apparent skills of each contestant with nothing of substance to back it up.

I don't know about you folks but i'm keen as mustard to see what happens next. Will Tgro fight back and maintain his stance about autofade improvement or will Akiem cement his own view with the final word about how much the feature is not wanted by him personally.

This is your host with a waste of time post as relevant as the last half of this thread.
AKIEM 4:18 AM - 6 July, 2016
Quote:

I don't think I, mentioned anyone's skills.

This might be the first time someone googled me just because I dont like a feature tho...

LOL

Quote:

DJ Tgro 1:00 AM - 7 July, 2016
Funny commentary, for sure! Thanks, guys!

I just want to hand it to Akiem for having a nice, gentle conversation. No need for an abacus, and I know there are more purists who feel the way you do, Akiem, but they aren't on here bashing innovation like you have.

If Serato has already invested in the technology for PYRO, then why is it so hard to implement an auto fade? Not saying they should invest another dime or minute on R&D, that part's done...just need the feature implemented.

Don't know what recording a drop for you will do (doubt you'll pay me for it!)...

You weren't speaking out against iTunes at all...you were promoting using it with a 1/8" headphone to RCA adapter (from laptop to mixer)! You're right, PYRO isn't good for DJ culture, it's a decent consumer program. But the functionality could be valuable to mobiles. As a matter of fact, I have two purist DJ friends who are embracing Pyro and Spotify for some of the functionality (I'm not on board yet). Again, we are asking for Serato to implement this missing link of a solution to make Serato the only program I need for organizing, preparing and playing music.

Speaking out against automation...because we are all connected? I don't understand.

I DJ during dinner if it's important to my client. But 99% of the time, I customize playlists based on our discussions about memories, parents, road trips, etc. I also like to get requests from friends, family and guests and integrate them into playlists. I provide the work of acquiring the music, assembling the lists and organizing the lists. Some events have a plated meal where I am to eat in another room away from the guests, with other vendors invovled with these events. I can't DJ live while that's happening. When there are buffets, I typically am asked to release tables to buffets to avoid lines, and to help people get their food quicker. Can't DJ live and do this, right? If you feel all you're being paid for is to mix music at the weddings you do, the bar has been raised! Expectations are much higher I guess in Seattle than Minneapolis!

Again, if I had this functionality (Autofade) in Serato, I would standardize on this platform, rather than run my music through multiple platforms as I'm currently doing. DJing on the mobile side also means MCing, interacting with the crowd, communicating with other pros like planners, caterers, photographers, videographers...and bringing amazing sounding and looking sound and lighting gear for the events we do.

I don't know if you get it, Akiem - but if you do, you should understand where we are coming from as mobile DJs. Hell, you're not going to see a Redbull 3style or DMC champ use autofade in their performances, so why do you care? As long as the music is good, sounds good, there's no gaps between songs, the soundtrack is seamless, the MCing is spot on, the communication is excellent and people dance (after eating, drinking and mingling), clients are pretty damn happy. Isn't that all that matters?

Automation is a DJ's tool - unless I bring an assistant to every event to do the things I normally do as an MC as I spin the tunes! Ask 99% of event pros if mixing music is even remotely close to being a top 5 reason for selecting a DJ and it won't come up!
Here are the top 6 (from digitaldjtips.com):
1. Broad Musical Knowledge
2. A Likeable Persona
3. Organization skills
4. Foolproof gear with backup
5. The ability to market yourself
6. Adaptability

I can mix with the best of them, and that is the fun part to me, but not essential to being a successful mobile DJ.

Other than Search (I have issues with how things do/don't come up) and analysis of tracks on the fly, what other feature(s) need more attention in Serato? (curious)

I don't see simple automation taking away our jobs, if that's what you're getting at. We'll always have a role at events because we play live, play edits and remixes we create to make a unique experience and add a human touch no machine or computer will ever be able to duplicate.

Here's an analogy I hope makes sense: We want auto fades, but Serato already made Pyro. We're asking for a bridge to be built across a river 50 feet wide. Serato already made the bridge for a 200 foot wide river!
DJ Fluke 613 1:35 AM - 7 July, 2016
@DjTgro, well said.
AKIEM 12:20 AM - 8 July, 2016
Quote:
Funny commentary, for sure! Thanks, guys!

I just want to hand it to Akiem for having a nice, gentle conversation. No need for an abacus, and I know there are more purists who feel the way you do, Akiem, but they aren't on here bashing innovation like you have.

Thanks, tho I wouldn't call this feature 'innovative' and I'm not a purist.

Quote:

If Serato has already invested in the technology for PYRO, then why is it so hard to implement an auto fade? Not saying they should invest another dime or minute on R&D, that part's done...just need the feature implemented.

ummm... its not like they can just copy/paste the code from, pyro to SDJ...... lol

Quote:

Don't know what recording a drop for you will do (doubt you'll pay me for it!)...

Why wouldn't I ?

You think people who dont want automation implemented are dishonest as well? LMAO!

Quote:

You weren't speaking out against iTunes at all...you were promoting using it with a 1/8" headphone to RCA adapter (from laptop to mixer)!

That is correct. Why would I care about iTunes implementing fades? When they introduced that feature I thought 'interesting, maybe I will use it,' but then never did. I also thought 'hmmm, I bet this helps a bunch more non-DJs think they can "DJ'" Then when I witnessed a bar tender and go-go dancers playing itunes at a club I thought it was horrible. So?

Quote:

You're right, PYRO isn't good for DJ culture,

Quote:

it's a decent consumer program. But the functionality could be valuable to mobiles. As a matter of fact, I have two purist DJ friends who are embracing Pyro and Spotify for some of the functionality (I'm not on board yet) Again, we are asking for Serato to implement this missing link of a solution to make Serato the only program I need for organizing, preparing and playing music.

.....and I'm sure one day Pyro will be integrated into SDJ and all you dudes will get your wishes. The computer will sit there playing for you. Not just fading, but selecting songs for you. Not just fading but syncing for you.... Might be great for Serato. The new slogan will be [I]Now anyone can be a DJ!'

Quote:

Speaking out against automation...because we are all connected? I don't understand.

We all use the same software, we are all part of a DJ 'culture'....

Quote:

I DJ during dinner if it's important to my client. But 99% of the time, I customize playlists based on our discussions about memories, parents, road trips, etc. I also like to get requests from friends, family and guests and integrate them into playlists. I provide the work of acquiring the music, assembling the lists and organizing the lists. Some events have a plated meal where I am to eat in another room away from the guests, with other vendors invovled with these events. I can't DJ live while that's happening. When there are buffets, I typically am asked to release tables to buffets to avoid lines, and to help people get their food quicker. Can't DJ live and do this, right? If you feel all you're being paid for is to mix music at the weddings you do, the bar has been raised! Expectations are much higher I guess in Seattle than Minneapolis!

I dont do many weddings, but all those situations ive been in and understand.

It's been a while, but I've DJ plenty in Seattle.

But now I feel like you are stalking me for some reason.

Quote:

Again, if I had this functionality (Autofade) in Serato, I would standardize on this platform, rather than run my music through multiple platforms as I'm currently doing. DJing on the mobile side also means MCing, interacting with the crowd, communicating with other pros like planners, caterers, photographers, videographers...and bringing amazing sounding and looking sound and lighting gear for the events we do.
sure

Quote:

I don't know if you get it, Akiem - but if you do, you should understand where we are coming from as mobile DJs. Hell, you're not going to see a Redbull 3style or DMC champ use autofade in their performances, so why do you care? As long as the music is good, sounds good, there's no gaps between songs, the soundtrack is seamless, the MCing is spot on, the communication is excellent and people dance (after eating, drinking and mingling), clients are pretty damn happy. Isn't that all that matters?
NO, I certainly do not think that's all that matters. That might be all that matters for mobile DJing (which I sometimes do). But this not all that matters to various other type DJs. We all share this application, but I think its core function and original reason should be respected as it would not even be here otherwise. And originally it was certainly not designed for automation. Yes that has changed as the user base has expanded, now Serato is looking at the general consumer market who cares very little about the fundamental requirements of pro djs.

I'm sure there are plenty of DJs who's greatest attribute and calling is MCing and would love to turn Serato on, let it play while they focus on MCing. I'm sure it would be quite entertaining. But again, it's not the direction I think the software should take...

Quote:

Automation is a DJ's tool

I fundamentally dissagree, particularly when we are talking about art or creativity.

A tool leverages human intention. Automation replaces human intention.

Now sure, an automated process can be a tool, in, a grander scheme. For example a wedding planner of the future may orchestrate a grand event utilizing a completely automated DJ system which worked according to cue and plan - but there is no DJing actually hapening - its automated. Wedding planners tool.

Quote:

- unless I bring an assistant to every event to do the things I normally do as an MC as I spin the tunes! Ask 99% of event pros if mixing music is even remotely close to being a top 5 reason for selecting a DJ and it won't come up!
Here are the top 6 (from digitaldjtips.com):
1. Broad Musical Knowledge
2. A Likeable Persona
3. Organization skills
4. Foolproof gear with backup
5. The ability to market yourself
6. Adaptability

Taking that list at face value, I would assume that the ability to DJ (operate the equipment) is a given. Tho its probably not... the way things are going... dudes with absolutely no skill or desire to attain any skill using social media capital to get gigs these days. SMH

Quote:

I can mix with the best of them, and that is the fun part to me, but not essential to being a successful mobile DJ.

Great. Serato, is not a mobile DJ platform. It originally was not intended to be at all, and its not now. We all share it. So when it comes to a feature which is so easily done by plugging in a 1/8 cord.....

Quote:

Other than Search (I have issues with how things do/don't come up) and analysis of tracks on the fly, what other feature(s) need more attention in Serato? (curious)

There is a huge list in the feature suggestion area I would cosign before this. And I agree with the search problem that does not have a reasonable work around (but can be done) and is fundamental to the program. Just imagine they never fix the search issue because people are, clamoring for 'auto-scratch'

If it where my choice the first feature Serato would fix is pitch when assigned to a knob on the Rane57mkii. On the previous mixers you would get a nice fine +/-0.01, on the new mixer its like +/-0.8 or whatever, and not usable. A work around is us an additional midi device, all of which get assigned to the pitch fader not very fine incraments either. And when you assign the + - buttons to midi it momentary pitch bends instead of adjust speed.

Quote:

I don't see simple automation taking away our jobs, if that's what you're getting at. We'll always have a role at events because we play live, play edits and remixes we create to make a unique experience and add a human touch no machine or computer will ever be able to duplicate.
I'm not necessarily trying to get at that point here, but I think it's inevitable. And sure humans will be able to do all types of things computers can't do... But I think we will be surprised by how much better the computer will be at performing certain tasks.

But what I am more concerned with is Serato designing for mass consumption, meaning products which allow anyone capable of pressing start to DJ. And its not necessarily that I am, against that being developed - it just should not be developed in THIS particular software.

Quote:

Here's an analogy I hope makes sense: We want auto fades, but Serato already made Pyro. We're asking for a bridge to be built across a river 50 feet wide. Serato already made the bridge for a 200 foot wide river!

Ok. And since there is ALREADY a bridge (even tho its only 50) and half a dozen ways across, I think Serato should build bridges where there arnt any at all.
raedonquan 12:20 AM - 18 July, 2016
Ask 99% of event pros if mixing music is even remotely close to being a top 5 reason for selecting a DJ and it won't come up!

in my neck if the woods its a requirement.. and thats the tri-state area.. ny/nj/ct
938MyDJ 1:38 AM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Nah, I would try, might even use it... if its there.... Just like I might plug a 1/4 cable... If its there.

• Cell Phone Cable 99¢

Boom, $148.50 / yr

AKIEM already added his +1 on this post of his.
He just loves debating, LOL!
musiclee 3:33 AM - 18 July, 2016
What it comes down to is this

Those who are against gapless autoplay are NOT mobile DJ's, wedding, sweet 16 etc
Reality is.... there are many Mobile DJ's using SDJ, so please add it as an option for us (me included)

So all you Club DJ's, don't press the Autoplay button which has been there since SSL, nothing changes for you
DjSyndic8 6:21 AM - 18 July, 2016
speaking of Autoplay I was jamming at my local residency on Sat and just found out I was working a long a DJ that has no Idea how to beatmix and uses "Sync" on every single song ....now that pisses me off, dont call yourself a DJ until you learn how to at least beat mix or try to (excluding Radio DJs), this is why there is a large influx of so called DJ's in the industry because they found out about "Sync" my rant for the day ;)
Culprit 6:29 AM - 18 July, 2016
I don't want auto sync, or automix, I want auto fade like in Spotify or iTunes.. simple crossfade so I can setup some lights and listen to some music at a wedding :)
DjSyndic8 7:39 AM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
I don't want auto sync, or automix, I want auto fade like in Spotify or iTunes.. simple crossfade so I can setup some lights and listen to some music at a wedding :)

I know bro I get it I'm after a clean auto fade feature too, to its just a side rant

reasons why I would need a autofade at a wedding or a corporate gig etc,

gives me time to organize other things at a function liaising with the MC etc.

break time and going to the buffet table for a feed,

dinner background music all sorted low volume autofade would be perfect

if you have been hired as an MC this would be perfect leaves time for you to organize this,

toilet break

you get the picture

when its time to dance Autofade goes off and your mixing live
musiclee 1:20 PM - 18 July, 2016
why the back and forth,?
why all this against gapless autoplay?
why the, "this means you're not a real DJ"
we don't want auto-sync, auto-mix, BIG difference, we want gapless autoplay for "cocktail music", dinner music, not to mix our dance sets
those who want gapless autoplay just don't want the silence in between our "ballads" when setting up, pee break, dinner breaks, etc

again, autoplay is already there
just give us "gapless", and those of you who are against it, don't use it, that's all.

remember, there are MANY 1 man show DJ's out there that don't have luxury of having an MC, light guy, etc.

it may be a function YOU don't need,
BUT it may be a function someone ELSE needs!!!
High_Technology 1:52 PM - 18 July, 2016
I Love Using Serato with my DDJ-SB :)
DJ Ravien 2:39 PM - 18 July, 2016
AKIEM 6:30 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

• Cell Phone Cable 99¢

Boom, $148.50 / yr

AKIEM already added his +1 on this post of his.
He just loves debating, LOL!

And actually I said much more than that... but instead of actually debate the subject dudes started googling, and coming at me personally... yes, instead of just debate the feature... lol

...like some donald chump type debate tactic shit - gtfoh w/ that BS.
AKIEM 6:33 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
why the back and forth,?
why all this against gapless autoplay?
lol @ you keep asking these questions then can't understand why there is a response

Quote:

why the, "this means you're not a real DJ"
we don't want auto-sync, auto-mix, BIG difference, we want gapless autoplay for "cocktail music", dinner music, not to mix our dance sets
those who want gapless autoplay just don't want the silence in between our "ballads" when setting up, pee break, dinner breaks, etc

again, autoplay is already there
just give us "gapless", and those of you who are against it, don't use it, that's all.

remember, there are MANY 1 man show DJ's out there that don't have luxury of having an MC, light guy, etc.

it may be a function YOU don't need,
BUT it may be a function someone ELSE needs!!!
DJ Tgro 8:22 PM - 18 July, 2016
Nothing personal, Akiem, just trying to find out where you're coming from. I don't spend any of my time trying to shoot down other people's ideas. I only have a problem as a professional and Serato can fix that problem by adding one feature that many DJs want implemented. We all aren't just performance based DJs or producers like you - we are solution based DJs who have relied on other methods until this point. I can gladly hook up that 1/8" to rca cable you speak of, and use iTunes or Spotify (or PCDJ, Virtual DJ, etc.), but I have never had to do this with the abandoned method I've been using for 10 years. When Serato came out, I tried it, didn't like it (sound quality on SL1 wasn't great), and it was "limited" in what I needed. Plus, I didn't like having to use a laptop and a separate sound card to DJ with...I still feel that we need to minimize things needed in the signal chain. But the market has taken us to all in one controllers, sync, beat grids, hell, even music you don't have to buy and just stream with a subscription! Stuff I'm pretty much against as a long-time pro, but it's here, there's nothing I can do about it, so I have to live with it...not going to waste my time complaining about it. But when I found out about these forums, for us to share our ideas in and perhaps get the attention of the engineers who make this product so they can implement our ideas, I jumped in full steam ahead! So again, sorry if I offended you by finding out who you are and where you live online, but I was just trying to understand why you'd be against other DJs who want a feature to be implemented. You ARE a purist if you feel this way. And it IS innovative if it (feature we do or don't want) doesn't exist yet, that's a fact. But you are entitled to your opinion.

So for the record, damn near every DJ on this discussion would like some sort of Autofade, not autoplay or automix...except Akiem.
High_Technology 1:59 PM - 19 July, 2016
HAHAHA! Because its my first time to use DDJ :D
DJ Fluke 613 5:02 PM - 19 July, 2016
@Akiem, your so stubborn dude. Some people need the feature , let it go and move on... It will not affect you in any way.
DJ Ravien 7:06 PM - 19 July, 2016
Quote:
@Akiem, your so stubborn dude. Some people need the feature , let it go and move on... It will not affect you in any way.

The way I see it's not likely that we would see it in the next 5-10 years anyhow...

Quote:

lay off the drugs my friend :\
AKIEM 7:37 PM - 19 July, 2016
Quote:
Nothing personal, Akiem, just trying to find out where you're coming from.
I swear Im being as clear as possible. And I guarantee you will get much more information about where Im coming from on this issue asking me directly rather than consulting google. I doubt there is anything anyplace on the internet concerning my thought on this feature other than right here - and I doubt thats the actual reason - please continue.
Quote:
I don't spend any of my time trying to shoot down other people's ideas. I only have a problem as a professional and Serato can fix that problem by adding one feature that many DJs want implemented. We all aren't just performance based DJs or producers like you - we are solution based DJs
I ave no idea what a "solution based DJ" even is. LMAO - I find solutions to problems all the damn time when it comes to DJing... Live on stage, at my studio, in a class room, I dream solutions to DJ problems at night while I sleep - so I don't know what you are talking about.....
Quote:
who have relied on other methods until this point. I can gladly hook up that 1/8" to rca cable you speak of, and use iTunes or Spotify (or PCDJ, Virtual DJ, etc.), but I have never had to do this with the abandoned method I've been using for 10 years. When Serato came out, I tried it, didn't like it (sound quality on SL1 wasn't great), and it was "limited" in what I needed. Plus, I didn't like having to use a laptop and a separate sound card to DJ with...I still feel that we need to minimize things needed in the signal chain. But the market has taken us to all in one controllers, sync, beat grids, hell, even music you don't have to buy and just stream with a subscription! Stuff I'm pretty much against
wait, so now you are a purist and a hater, and anti-technology, against innovation? LMAO!
Quote:
as a long-time pro, but it's here, there's nothing I can do about it, so I have to live with it...not going to waste my time complaining about it. But when I found out about these forums, for us to share our ideas in and perhaps get the attention of the engineers who make this product so they can implement our ideas, I jumped in full steam ahead! So again, sorry if I offended you by finding out who you are and where you live online,
Im not offended - I just think its kinda stalkerish and has more to do with trying to shade me personally than it is about the feature
Quote:
but I was just trying to understand why you'd be against other DJs who want a feature to be implemented.
...and I am right here literally telling you exactly what I think. There is nothing anyplace else on the internet that will give you any better picture than me right here telling you. lmao - ridiculous
Quote:
You ARE a purist if you feel this way.
No I am not. I spin in a quite unorthodox workflow. And I don't care much about how other people spin (unless I am effected by it)
Quote:
And it IS innovative if it (feature we do or don't want) doesn't exist yet, that's a fact.
It has existed for years, its not innovative it already exists
Quote:
But you are entitled to your opinion.
thanks! lmao

Quote:

So for the record, damn near every DJ on this discussion would like some sort of Autofade, not autoplay or automix...except Akiem.

completely false. For the record, the second post in this thread is against the feature, and so are various other DJs who posted here before me. smh
AKIEM 7:41 PM - 19 July, 2016
Quote:

Im just persistent, you are stubborn.

I think it does effect me, and I was going to let it go - but changed my mind when I read this post here. If you keep addressing posts to me, I will probably respond... lmao
DJ Tgro 8:20 PM - 19 July, 2016
Akiem, you're being clear, but you're not in the majority here. But thank you for admitting that you have no idea what kind of DJ I am, or others in favor of "auto fade" are. Because that is not you! Please realize that there can be one tool for many jobs or many tools for one job. I'd love for Serato to be that one tool for many jobs, with a simple feature that has existed on other platforms but doesn't anymore. You're missing the point completely! I'm not a purist and a hater, because I don't complain about features I don't care for or don't use and I'm open to new technology that can help anyone do their job better. You say you're not offended, but you say I'm trying to shade you personally? I don't get that...I do get that you are not a "normal dj," though. And now you're contradicting yourself by saying you don't care about how other people spin (DJ), unless you're "affected" by it - well here you are complaining about a feature others want that you don't have to use. SMH. It "used" to exist, on a product that isn't supported anymore - now that we're in a software world, we want that feature to exist on what is supposed to be the standard for DJ software (Serato). It seams that only purists and performance based DJs who don't understand event DJs or "solution based" DJs are the ones who oppose this feature. I used to be in that camp long ago, but I grew up and have an appreciation for all DJs, including many DJs who don't mix "turntable" style. Hell, they even have a DJ of the Year contest at the DJ Times Expo, and it has nothing to do with DJing. They should change it to "Entertainer of the Year." But that's besides the point - Autofade is a feature many of us want and now that PYRO exists, we feel this can and should be easily done to implement into Serato DJ.
DJ Fluke 613 8:37 PM - 19 July, 2016
@Akiem. So what, answer what the fuck ever you want. Your a doorknob. Useless points and comments.

Go look at your tt spin round and round. You seem to like that way of life. You know, going in circles :)

Peace you god of a real time , real deal DJ you.
musiclee 3:38 AM - 20 July, 2016
AKIEM

It's "affect", not "effect"

It's auto "gapless" play, not auto "sync" mix

Got it? Get it?
AKIEM 6:57 AM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
Akiem, you're being clear, but you're not in the majority here.
In this thread - no. And Im also not the "only one" like you were pretending...
Quote:
But thank you for admitting that you have no idea what kind of DJ I am, or others in favor of "auto fade" are.
I don't think I 'admitted' that, but no I don't really care what type of DJ you are.
Quote:
Because that is not you! Please realize that there can be one tool for many jobs or many tools for one job. I'd love for Serato to be that one tool for many jobs, with a simple feature that has existed on other platforms but doesn't anymore. You're missing the point completely!
I don't agree
Quote:
I'm not a purist and a hater, because I don't complain about features I don't care for or don't use and I'm open to new technology that can help anyone do their job better.
"all in one controllers, sync, beat grids, hell, even music you don't have to buy and just stream with a subscription! Stuff I'm pretty much against"
Quote:
You say you're not offended, but you say I'm trying to shade you personally? I don't get that...I do get that you are not a "normal dj," though.
Im not offended - I think its funny that you are concerned about what type of DJ I am and googling me and the rest. Offended? no. entertained? yes.
Quote:
And now you're contradicting yourself by saying you don't care about how other people spin (DJ), unless you're "affected" by it - well here you are complaining about a feature others want that you don't have to use. SMH.
Thats not a contradiction. As I have stated more than once - I do not care what type of 'dj' YOU are or how you use the software. However, what I do care about is how the software develops and the features they waste time developing. That does affect me.
Quote:
"used" to exist, on a product that isn't supported anymore - now that we're in a software world, we want that feature to exist on what is supposed to be the standard for DJ software (Serato). It seams that only purists and performance based DJs who don't understand event DJs or "solution based" DJs are the ones who oppose this feature.
I disagree. It "seams" to me that there are "solution based" DJs who don't care for a feature which "DJs" for you while you drink a beer or eat at the buffet lol
Quote:
I used to be in that camp long ago, but I grew up and have an appreciation for all DJs, including many DJs who don't mix "turntable" style.
So do I. I see all DJs as my brethren, from wedding DJs to Turntablists. From old analog DJs to pushing buttons guys.
Quote:
Hell, they even have a DJ of the Year contest at the DJ Times Expo, and it has nothing to do with DJing. They should change it to "Entertainer of the Year." But that's besides the point
Actually I think that speaks directly to the point. It used to be ScratchLIVE, now its SeratoDJ, in the future its going to be called SeratoEntertainer.....LOL!
Quote:
Autofade is a feature many of us want and now that PYRO exists, we feel this can and should be easily done to implement into Serato DJ.
But not as easy as plugging in a 1/8 stereo cable. www.bhphotovideo.com $2.47
AKIEM 7:01 AM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
AKIEM

It's "affect", not "effect"

It's auto "gapless" play, not auto "sync" mix

Got it? Get it?

I thought it was called AUTOPLAY?

Thanks for correcting my grammar tho. It "seams" to me that is well besides the point. But you know - spell checking, name calling, googling.... shits pretty funny - all just because I disagree. lol
High_Technology 1:51 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

The way I see it's not likely that we would see it in the next 5-10 years anyhow...

Quote:

lay off the drugs my friend :\

:D Im not taking drugs, only drugs in the drugstore when i get sick or something :)
DJ Ravien 2:01 PM - 20 July, 2016
In that case perhaps try some.
DJ Tgro 4:11 PM - 20 July, 2016
Akiem - What thread would you represent the majority? Not this one, not this topic!

"I ave no idea what a "solution based DJ" even is" sounds like you admitting you don't know what kind of DJ I am, or those of us who want this feature (auto fade).

If you can't get with us, or sympathize with us for wanting this feature, you ARE missing the point.

Still haven't heard me complain about the features I mentioned...not talking bad about them or saying Serato or any manufacturer shouldn't provide these features with their products. You are!

And I'm not concerned about what type of DJ you are, but it is relevant to understanding your point of view. When it comes to features other DJs want in this product that is supposed to be the gold standard for DJing, features that you don't want, why even bring this negativity into it? Waste of your time, isn't it? Glad you're entertained, at least!

Factual definition of contradiction: a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another. Your DJ name should be DJ Contradiction! They've already spent your time and money developing PYRO, they've gone beyond what we are asking for with Autofade! (I can't make this point any more, if you don't get it, you won't ever.) SO...if you don't care what type of DJ I am or we are, then why complain about a feature that doesn't exist within the product yet? I don't get it.

Who are these other "solution based DJs" that feel the way you do? What are they using besides Serato? (crickets...)

So if you do see all DJs as your brethren...why are you opposed to a feature we want and would use, to make Serato our one and only music manager, player and performance software? (Again, I'm looking for 1 solution, not multiple solutions.)

I don't think Serato Entertainer will ever come to fruition, but they are definitely headed in a different direction. Just don't know why they'd abandon the people that made them what they are today (if they go that route).

The cable alone isn't the solution. Still have different software to run, organize and maintain music in. Maybe you still don't get it.

I have an idea, Akiem. Why don't you hit me up next time you're in Seattle and I'll take you to one of my events (hell, I'll even pay you!). I'll show you how this feature would help us do our job and why it's such an inconvenience for it not to be included with Serato. Fair?
DJ Ravien 5:08 PM - 20 July, 2016
It is clear you are not going to sway his opinion. Your constant back and forth has only served to draw attention from why the topic was began in the first place. Why not create a thread (in the proper location) requesting the feature. If he or anyone else responds against it just leave it be. They are entitled to their opinions. Plain and simple.

I can honestly say I can see things from both your perspective but personally would much rather serato focus on adding a play count or actual smart sub crates (not the ability to allow smart crates to be nested in folders). However I get that as a wedding DJ etc... this feature would be very handy so I am not against it. Just prefer it not take priority over other enhancements or features that I would use... I want the ability to lock gain and cue pointsIf serato implemented this or any other feature I wouldn't personally use I wouldn't care... I just want serato to continue to develop and grow as a company. In theory what is good for the company is good for its users as well.

I am not against any feature... Even if it is auto beat mix, scratch, or even stand there and fist pump while serato does everything for you... If that will entice new users or those who use competitive software to serato by all means! The more the merrier. I only truly care about one aspect that none of these features create instability and do not take away from the basics that we now have and expect.

I don't feel this would be abandoning the users who helped make them what they are today. Not at all, in fact I feel the opposite. This would be building a competitive software in today's market. Serato needs to attract new users and try to take back a share of those who left for other software, Traktor, VDJ, and now RBDJ.. If serato ceases to make a profit then they will cease to exist.. Then they truly would be abandoning the users who made the software what it is today.

#GetMoney
DJ Tgro 5:24 PM - 20 July, 2016
Ravien, well said. What is the proper location (if this isn't), for this topic?

Play count - can't you see this in the history tab?

Gain is weird (isn't consistent), at least with the DDJ-SX2 I use. Cue points are locked in or saved, so I don't understand what you mean. And what would you use a sub-folder for in a smart crate? (another level of filtering?) This might be similar to the 2-step search I was talking about, but with search, not smart crates.

I too would prefer that adding new features didn't take away from the quality of the product. Maybe that's what Akiem's talking about (if it ain't broke, don't fix it!). But thank you for your feedback...sounds like you're a fan of Serato, like I'm trying hard to be!
DJ Ravien 5:57 PM - 20 July, 2016
Quote:
Ravien, well said. What is the proper location (if this isn't), for this topic?

serato.com

Quote:
Play count - can't you see this in the history tab?

I suppose if I want to manually go and count each time I played a track. Would be much more useful if this information was stored in the file and smart crates could be generated based on this data.

Quote:
Gain is weird (isn't consistent), at least with the DDJ-SX2 I use.

My current work flow while mixing is Move to a loud portion of a track, Ensure pitch is at 0% other wise PnT will show the track as clipping...Press play & Check that the levels are correct in the software. Adjust if needed. Adjust gain on hardware to correct level. Cue and play the song. If I could lock the gain it would allow me to skip to just adjusting the gain on the hardware if it were locked.. if unlocked I would know I have yet to adjust the software gain or ensure it was correct. Then lock it. Making my workflow simpler and avoid changing the software gain if I forget the pitch isn't at 0% when fixing. Which leads me to yet another item I prefer to be fixed PnT causing tracks to clip when outside 0%...

Quote:
Cue points are locked in or saved, so I don't understand what you mean.

In a sense they are, however I have deleted them by mistake though seldom, The real issues arise when I allow other DJs use my setup and they then delete them. I allow my brother and cousin to mix when I am not around... Come home to all my cue points being deleted... Or they move them to where they think they should be... In some cases this is ok.. Alot of my files have cue points which were added my MIK ... And I myself tend to delete them and correct them as I come across them.. Not always do I want a cue point on the drop, break etc... locking the cue point would help to eliminate this issue. This is far from a priority though would be helpful in my situation and would serve me better then autoplay which is what I was getting at.

Quote:
And what would you use a sub-folder for in a smart crate? (another level of filtering?)

To generate smart crates based on the parent folder. Ie Nesting, Similar to how itunes can nest in smart playlist. For ex. A crate based on Genre, Then populate crates based on BPM, Followed by crates based on Key and so on.

Quote:
But thank you for your feedback...sounds like you're a fan of Serato, like I'm trying hard to be!

Not a problem, I have held my tongue a few times seeing this go back and forth. Like I said I honestly see both view points... I just really want serato to remain competitive and continue to put out what I consider to be the best software to date... RBDJ looks like it will give SDJ a run for it's money... And Pioneer has the resources to push it ahead.
DJ Tgro 7:00 PM - 20 July, 2016
So start a new discussion with the same topic? (confused)

Ahhhhhh - play count (how many times each song has played, not what songs you played). Gotcha!

I use a program called MP3gain to change the volume of all my tracks in my prep. Removes clipping, too. On my old Denon system, songs were the same across the board. But with Serato and Pioneer controller, some songs are much quieter or louder - and even the gain knob isn't enough of an adjustment. Need to have the gain in Serato more consistent (finally figured this out!). Platinum Notes may help with that, too.

Mixed In Key puts cuepoints on tracks automatically? I didn't know that! (will have to try it) I've been manually putting mine in as I go. But I hear ya...maybe a "save" mode to recall past save points (in case other users are deleting or changing them).

As for crates, why not just click BPM or key to sort by those fields within crates? (I've been learning to do this instead of two step search.) I don't see any reason to go more than 1 deep, but I know some people go 2 or 3 deep with itunes nested playlists.

RBDJ is a joke - I tested it for about a year on the XDJ platform. It's very limited yet archaic in it's functionality. I gave up on it because they're adding to the weak foundation, instead of rebuilding it from the ground up. Pioneer does have the resources, but they are lacking direction, especially from the mobile market.
DJ Ravien 11:16 PM - 20 July, 2016
I meant make a request in the suggestions forum. but eh w/e suppose it doesn't matter.

I used MP3Gain, While I like the Windows version I wasn't a fan of the mac version. So having to transfer tracks back n forth kind of made it unusable in my opinion. I thought about platinum notes but don't like the idea that tracks are being re-encoded, especially since I use mostly MP3. though have been considering the switch to flac/wav simply because I do make a lot of edits in my daw and feel it does change the quality of the over all song. I have also heard some horror stories regarding both MP3gain and platinum notes.. So I just stick with seratos gain for the time being. Once I realize that most of my problems were related to PnT I was able to correct my workflow and has worked out well for the most part.. At least I am not constantly changing the software gain because I believed the track to be clipping.

Yes MIK does have the option I have since shut it off since 9/10 were not in correct locations anyways or at least at the different phrases of a track break,drop etc... If they could give the option of only placing a cue on the initial downbeat it would be somewhat useful but currently it just makes me have to do everything twice. So decided to shut it off for any new tracks I get.

I love itunes nested criteria... took me awhile to figure out how they work on mac since windows doesn't hide the nesting options. For the longest time I thought the mac version was just less functional then the windows version... Didn't make sense so finally broke down and googled it. Learning mac osx is like relearning everything I know about computers . I don't find it nearly as intuitive or functional.. but it runs smooth and my discomfort gives me less reason to use it for day to day operations. Still prefer my Windows :D Anyhow the nested smart crates would allow me to break my library down in to smaller category's making it easier to find tracks I want to mashup mix etc... I mainly come up with ideas using a cross between MIK or itunes on my windows machine then translate it to crates on my mac.

I wouldn't say RBDJ is a joke but I do agree that I still prefer SDJ over any of the other software I have used. I love it's simplicity, and do fear that too many features would take away from that. I would like serato to create more of a modular system if and when new features are are added. Like the plugins, PnT , Video etc... let users shut them off and stick to the basics if that is what they prefer.
DJ Remix Detroit 12:23 AM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
@Akiem. So what, answer what the fuck ever you want. Your a doorknob. Useless points and comments.

Go look at your tt spin round and round. You seem to like that way of life. You know, going in circles :)

lmao.... Akiem just got OWNED.....bwahahahahahaha
Culprit 5:19 AM - 21 July, 2016
this thread has totally gone nowhere and should be locked by a mod now.

Let's just relax on the issue ok? all parties please.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:31 AM - 21 July, 2016
Can't believe I read the whole thing.

At OP the place to let Serato know is the "Features suggestion section"

I will use this feature if it becomes available for toilet breaks even in a bar setting.

A few beers induces 3mins of piss, and not counting the time to wash ones hands and check myself out on the mirror 😉
DJ Remix Detroit 11:09 AM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
should be locked by a mod now

ha, good luck with that.

mods have pretty much abandoned this forum.... you haven't noticed all of the spam threads that go unchecked for weeks at a time?
AKIEM 3:38 PM - 21 July, 2016
I will tell you guys something else about myself. If you try to insult me, there is a good chance this guy comes in the thread and cosigns for you. It doesnt matter how lame and inconsequential you weak attempt is, he will cheerlead for you. Like an auto +1.

lol

Quote:
Quote:

lmao.... Akiem just got OWNED.....bwahahahahahaha
DJ Ravien 5:44 PM - 21 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
should be locked by a mod now

ha, good luck with that.

mods have pretty much abandoned this forum.... you haven't noticed all of the spam threads that go unchecked for weeks at a time?

Seriously, I was shocked when they deleted a bunch of it the other day.
DANGERUST 6:46 PM - 21 July, 2016
I done a wedding sometime ago to people I knew very well. I left my setup there and running iTunes for back ground music, using audio jacks. Once I finished work and ready to DJ
I loaded up Serato and disconnected the jacks and off we went using XLR leads from my DDJ-SX.

I'm not hating anyone just want I was happy to use at the time.
DJ Tgro 6:13 PM - 23 July, 2016
I don't think we should give up until it's done. I'd really like to use one platform for all of my music organizing, prep and performance. Can't do it with Serato right now...I'm told I can do everything I need to with Traktor. Question is, does Serato want to loose all it's business to them? I know the turntablists love Serato, but the mobiles need a solution. Denon and Pioneer aren't getting it right now...Serato, are you going to steup up and OWN the mobile market, too? You can...just listen to your customers!

Autofade, Serato! Autofade! The missing link...
AKIEM 10:33 PM - 23 July, 2016
Quote:
Akiem - What thread would you represent the majority? Not this one, not this topic!

So again - your claim that I am 'the only one' is false. Not in this thread or out of this thread. And now you are talking about a "majority"? smh

I bet if it where put to a pole, people would prefer Serato not bother with AUTOPLAY oe other automated functions.

Quote:

"I ave no idea what a "solution based DJ" even is" sounds like you admitting you don't know what kind of DJ I am, or those of us who want this feature (auto fade).

No. I just don't know what, or ever heard of a "solution based DJ".

Now you have peaked my interest, you keep mentioning it, so I plugged it into google:

No results found for "solution based DJ".

So who knows what you are talking about....

If all you are talking about is 'mobiles'... I do them too, weddings, corporate functions.... as I said. I doubt there is anything I don't understand about how or why this feature would be used.

Quote:

If you can't get with us, or sympathize with us for wanting this feature, you ARE missing the point.

LMAO!

Quote:

Still haven't heard me complain about the features I mentioned...not talking bad about them or saying Serato or any manufacturer shouldn't provide these features with their products. You are!

"all in one controllers, sync, beat grids, hell, even music you don't have to buy and just stream with a subscription! Stuff I'm pretty much against"

Quote:

And I'm not concerned about what type of DJ you are, but it is relevant to understanding your point of view.
hilarious
Quote:
When it comes to features other DJs want in this product that is supposed to be the gold standard for DJing, features that you don't want, why even bring this negativity into it? Waste of your time, isn't it? Glad you're entertained, at least!
The gold standard for DJing yes. Not the gold standard autoplying while you linger at the buffet or take a crap break.

I don't think Serato should waste any time adding this feature to SDJ or head any further down the road to automation.

Thats an official statement.

Quote:

Factual definition of contradiction: a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another. Your DJ name should be DJ Contradiction! They've already spent your time and money developing PYRO, they've gone beyond what we are asking for with Autofade! (I can't make this point any more, if you don't get it, you won't ever.) SO...if you don't care what type of DJ I am or we are, then why complain about a feature that doesn't exist within the product yet? I don't get it.

I have explained quite a bit why - I have no idea why you don't understand.

Yes, the developed Pyro. And again, I don't think they should spend time implementing the same feature in SDJ. There is no contradiction - I don't even know what type of contradiction you think I made. Even if it took half an hour to port that feature from Pyro to SDJ, I would still be against that half hour being spent. That aspect has much more to do with your having no understanding of software development. They can't just copy and past the computer code from one to the other and its done.

Quote:

Who are these other "solution based DJs" that feel the way you do? What are they using besides Serato? (crickets...)

Plenty other DJs have solutions for this right here in this thread one of them is you yourself. lol

Quote:

So if you do see all DJs as your brethren...why are you opposed to a feature we want and would use, to make Serato our one and only music manager, player and performance software? (Again, I'm looking for 1 solution, not multiple solutions.)

For all the reasons I have repeated.

Quote:

I don't think Serato Entertainer will ever come to fruition, but they are definitely headed in a different direction. Just don't know why they'd abandon the people that made them what they are today (if they go that route).

There are in fact early adopters and long time users of this software who in fact do think Serato went a different direction, change their original mission, and even abandoned their original core users.

Quote:

The cable alone isn't the solution. Still have different software to run, organize and maintain music in. Maybe you still don't get it.

I surely do understand that. And what I would do is simply maintain all my music as normal. Then whenever I need some other app to do my job simply make sure I used an app I could drag and drop the files to. very easy.

Quote:

I have an idea, Akiem. Why don't you hit me up next time you're in Seattle and I'll take you to one of my events (hell, I'll even pay you!). I'll show you how this feature would help us do our job and why it's such an inconvenience for it not to be included with Serato. Fair?

I perfectly understand what you "inconvenience" is and honestly find it quite laughable. When I am hired to DJ a wedding, I actually stand there and play music during the dinner because I am being payed to *DJ* not go mess around in the buffet line. How unprofessional.

If its a friends wedding and there is a seat for me, I will specifically tell them that I can set it to AUTOPLAY and the music won't blend. And everyone understands that if there is a gap in play its because the DJ is not at his station. If I have to leave my station for whatever reason and there is a gap in play people will understand why that is - obviously

You dudes would NEVER have made it in the vinyl age.... NEVER.

And no disrespect, because I would have a beer with any DJ on this forum. But, If Im in Seattle there is no way Im going to waste my precious extra time if I have any to watch a dude go wait in line at the buffet while a couple seconds of silence disturbs the dinner. LMAO
DJ Remix Detroit 12:06 AM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
I bet if it where put to a pole,

lmao.... bruh, even a "pole" has more insight than you.

poll vs pole...lol
AKIEM 12:44 AM - 24 July, 2016
LOL Thats all you got on me - spell checking?

Seriously, pathetic. Believe me.
DjSyndic8 1:25 AM - 24 July, 2016
can you guys do a epic rap battle?
AKIEM 3:29 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
can you guys do a epic rap battle?

Depends. Will there be pee breaks, will there be a buffet?

lol
deejdave 3:55 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
I don't think we should give up until it's done. I'd really like to use one platform for all of my music organizing, prep and performance. Can't do it with Serato right now...I'm told I can do everything I need to with Traktor. Question is, does Serato want to loose all it's business to them? I know the turntablists love Serato, but the mobiles need a solution. Denon and Pioneer aren't getting it right now...Serato, are you going to steup up and OWN the mobile market, too? You can...just listen to your customers!

I can appreciate your wants here but please don't get the impression this is all THAT important where Serato will lose substantial (or "All") business. Let's be honest even if they lost every single person in the thread (which most will step away from DJng altogether first as it is a business not a craft for the most part) there would be 100 to replace them tomorrow. Not for nothing there is MAYBE a dozen actual unique users here asking for this here. You want to see a real supported request search "Tempo Matching Display" It is not about how many times (the same) people ask for something. It is about how many UNIQUE PEOPLE ask for any given feature and to be quite frank this is not even a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things.

That being said I do not hate the idea of SOME work being done on the autoplay BUT let us not pretend for one second that this will not lead exactly where Akiem is speaking of.

How many times I have seen the words "WE JUST want" this or "WE JUST want" that.

Who is this "We" and do you really think "we" will stop at JUST "this" OR "that" SYNC was fought off for quite a long time but TBH that WAS a make or break feature but what it brought on was exactly what many were trying to avoid.................. this is a FACT. IMO the juice was well worth the squeeze and this is coming from someone who does not use SYNC yet. Let's also be honest the day we get "this" feature added "We" will be on here the next day asking for "that" yet calling it "this" now.

I think the hardest pill to swallow here for some is that just about each and every reason I backing this up has nothing to do with DJing. "taking a piss break" "Mingling with clients" "Drinking with people" "eating dinner" these are all things that may have to do with a job but not one has anything to do with DJing as a craft. When I DJ (even weddings) I take dinner breaks, mingle with guests, take piss breaks and drink more than most would but not to the point where I need to set things on autopilot. IF and I say IF I need that extra minute I speak to my MC or helper and have them play the one song I already have cued up ready to go. There is at least one user in this thread who can vouch for this.

NOW this is a user by user feature so even after saying all that I will repeat I have nothing against the addition of what some and NOT everyone as in "WE" (I really don't see why people are attempting to speak for all when there have been different ideas brought up) are asking for. If it will help a small (and YES it is a VERY small) portion of users then by all means.

Then again I don't see the real issue in using your backup laptop (I know we all bring backup laptops like we are supposed to right?) connected by headphone jack>RCA cable and you can run whatever you want without affecting Serato and the main laptop.......................... you even have the benefit of having your backup laptop connected and ready to go (as it should be anyways RIGHT? LOL)

So in short I am not saying I want this but am not saying I would be upset t (some of it) happened. Just do NOT wasted too much time on this. For some here who think you can copy/paste from Pyro directly to Serato................... you can't. If you remember Pyro is an Apple product only. There certainly is R&D to be done as well as the coding itself.

In closing I can say one thing though. If I were you guys I would fight off the Poll idea Akiem brought up as I can guarantee you guys would not like the results. Again this has to do with the "we" not being exactly what some here are portraying it to be.

Believe it or not I am only trying to help............................ both sides.
soul63 5:03 PM - 24 July, 2016
Have a poll..vote if you care or couldnt care less if autoplay was implemented,not voting if you need it..i vote i couldnt care less if it was implemented..no need for no long thing double talk some on here have made an artform out of..just a poll to see who cares if it was implemeted
skinnyguy 6:18 PM - 24 July, 2016
I will vote for whoever makes serato great again.
soul63 6:22 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
I will vote for whoever makes serato great again.

lol..thats not the question..do you care if auto play is implemented..do you see it as akin to somebody disrespecting your granny..lol..this is what i am trying to gauge..if serato did ever implement auto play would the purist have to hide there mbp in a brown paper bag..would the shame be that bad?...
d:raf 6:34 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
if serato did ever implement auto play would the purist have to hide there mbp in a brown paper bag

How about we get auto-grammar on the board first?

C'mon, Serato, get your priorities straight...
AKIEM 6:59 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I can appreciate your wants here but please don't get the impression this is all THAT important where Serato will lose substantial (or "All") business. Let's be honest even if they lost every single person in the thread (which most will step away from DJng altogether first as it is a business not a craft for the most part) there would be 100 to replace them tomorrow. Not for nothing there is MAYBE a dozen actual unique users here asking for this here. You want to see a real supported request search "Tempo Matching Display" It is not about how many times (the same) people ask for something. It is about how many UNIQUE PEOPLE ask for any given feature and to be quite frank this is not even a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things.

That being said I do not hate the idea of SOME work being done on the autoplay BUT let us not pretend for one second that this will not lead exactly where Akiem is speaking of.

How many times I have seen the words "WE JUST want" this or "WE JUST want" that.

Who is this "We" and do you really think "we" will stop at JUST "this" OR "that" SYNC was fought off for quite a long time but TBH that WAS a make or break feature but what it brought on was exactly what many were trying to avoid.................. this is a FACT. IMO the juice was well worth the squeeze and this is coming from someone who does not use SYNC yet. Let's also be honest the day we get "this" feature added "We" will be on here the next day asking for "that" yet calling it "this" now.

I think the hardest pill to swallow here for some is that just about each and every reason I backing this up has nothing to do with DJing. "taking a piss break" "Mingling with clients" "Drinking with people" "eating dinner" these are all things that may have to do with a job but not one has anything to do with DJing as a craft. When I DJ (even weddings) I take dinner breaks, mingle with guests, take piss breaks and drink more than most would but not to the point where I need to set things on autopilot. IF and I say IF I need that extra minute I speak to my MC or helper and have them play the one song I already have cued up ready to go. There is at least one user in this thread who can vouch for this.

NOW this is a user by user feature so even after saying all that I will repeat I have nothing against the addition of what some and NOT everyone as in "WE" (I really don't see why people are attempting to speak for all when there have been different ideas brought up) are asking for. If it will help a small (and YES it is a VERY small) portion of users then by all means.

Then again I don't see the real issue in using your backup laptop (I know we all bring backup laptops like we are supposed to right?) connected by headphone jack>RCA cable and you can run whatever you want without affecting Serato and the main laptop.......................... you even have the benefit of having your backup laptop connected and ready to go (as it should be anyways RIGHT? LOL)

So in short I am not saying I want this but am not saying I would be upset t (some of it) happened. Just do NOT wasted too much time on this. For some here who think you can copy/paste from Pyro directly to Serato................... you can't. If you remember Pyro is an Apple product only. There certainly is R&D to be done as well as the coding itself.

In closing I can say one thing though. If I were you guys I would fight off the Poll idea Akiem brought up as I can guarantee you guys would not like the results. Again this has to do with the "we" not being exactly what some here are portraying it to be.

Believe it or not I am only trying to help............................ both sides.

Yup.

But to be honest, I brought up the POLE. And believe me when I tell you, its huge. Believe me, its HUGE folks.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:00 PM - 24 July, 2016
at the end of the day, gapless auto play is an option... if you dont like it... dont use it.
AKIEM 7:05 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
at the end of the day, gapless auto play is an option... if you dont like it... dont use it.

Actually its not an option yet, and probably won't ever be. Because realistically there are more important things that will always need dealing with.

Really I just came in here to give you guys some solutions. Believe me, I am a solution based DJ.
soul63 7:06 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
if serato did ever implement auto play would the purist have to hide there mbp in a brown paper bag

Thanks for pointing out my mistake..i'm always intrigued by the thought process that goes into somebody pointing out a spelling or grammar error on an internet forum.just one word can trigger someone into typing..powerful stuff.....
d:raf 7:11 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for pointing out my mistake..i'm always intrigued by the thought process that goes into somebody pointing out a spelling or grammar error on an internet forum.just one word can trigger someone into typing..powerful stuff.....

I would type out a detailed response but I'm waiting for Serato to implement auto-debate and auto-argue :).
DJ Tgro 7:35 PM - 24 July, 2016
Akiem, I didn't claim you're the only one who opposes Autofade - you're just in the minority (meaning more people want it than not). And I was asking which thread (if any) you actually represent the majority in? It seems (at least in this thread) that you are only posting to share your negative point of view, which is very unproductive. WHY DO THIS? I would love to start a poll about autofade capabilities being implemented into Serato with DJs across the board.

If I'm not a solution based DJ, then what am I to you, Akiem? Funny, because I googled it and found many pages that are relevant, including DJ companies, but you're right, the term hasn't been established yet (maybe i'm breaking new ground?). What I mean, since you don't understand it, is that I have clients that come to me with needs, spanning sound, lighting, decor elements, video and music - I can help provide it all! It means that I just don't show up to play music. I look at setup, flow, sound coverage in multiple areas, and get a gauge for what my clients want. I'm not a cookie cutter DJ with one package. Does that make sense to you?

You're NOT a mobile DJ - that's obvious! You might do mobile gigs, but not to the capacity I and many others do them. As a matter of fact, I will bet that you are one of the guys most planners and facilities don't like working with ("the DJ just stayed behind his tables most of the night with no communication, and when we asked him to make an announcement, he said he doesn't do microphones.") I was just at an event the other day thinking of you, Akiem: I was breaking down the ceremony sound system while my custom playlist on the reception sound system was playing for my clients and their guests, without gaps between songs, thinking about how you would be struggling with this event at this venue, because you would be mixing Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and then some turntable style. Fact is, people actually like hearing songs, all original, without the "wicki wicki" involved - especially background music. But they also don't like gaps (at least, that's a pet peeve of mine!).

Keep on laughing your ass off, because while you're doing this, I'm out providing a good service, making money for my family.

Just because someone is against something, doesn't mean they need to complain about it.

Why is what I said hilarious about what type of DJ you are being relevant to your point of view about certain features? You must be smoking some good stuff, because you're laughing a lot and not taking this seriously.

I never mentioned anything about lingering at a buffet, so you're assuming things now. OK.

You think Serato shouldn't "waste their time" with this feature, I'm saying they should implement it because it's the one thing that's missing to complete Serato as a platform pros can use for 100% of their organization and playback. There are some other minor things, but this major thing would seal the deal for me. For you, not so much, Akiem. So why worry about it? Don't use it if you don't want it! Just like I don't use Sync or Flip (yet!).

You really haven't explained why you feel this way...you've only trashed the idea. You haven't said how it would "hurt" you in any way. I only see it as a feature that would help DJs do what they do, as sound techs and MCs, when mixing music isn't necessary.

As far as software development goes, I do know you can't just copy and paste code, especially from one platform to another. But what I do know is that when one manufacturer abandons a product, it can be replicated by their competitors, reverse engineered and implemented, so their product can be improved or enhanced. It's not like this is something completely new we (yes, we, mobile DJs and entertainers) would like to have. I'm looking for an internal solution. Hell, I'd love to not use a laptop at all when I'm "performing," as I have for the past 10 years. But the "norm" is to use one in the signal chain with software like Serato. I'm trying really hard to adapt, but you're not making it easy.

You've given half-assed solutions and contributed negatively to this conversation, Akiem. You really haven't explained fully why you feel this way about Serato. I want ONE application to be the solution, I think Serato can be that solution. Not multiple applications like you suggest. Why double or triple your workload? I don't understand.

Like you find me laughable, I find you laughable, too! We need to agree to disagree on this topic of Autofade in Serato DJ. I think it's very unprofessional to just let songs play with gaps...you think it's unprofessional of me to assist the venue, caterer and client with releasing tables to the buffet so guests don't have to wait in line? That's your opinion. If you could have gapless play in Serato, would you not use it at your friend's wedding or would you still use auto play with gaps between songs?

BTW...I DID make it in the vinyl age! I'm still here after tapes, records and CDs - trying to survive in this digital age we are in! Trying to make the most of it, at least, by suggesting tools and solutions, rather than putting down other people and their ideas...trying to keep positive.

Off to DJ another wedding...won't be standing in any buffet lines because it's a plated meal today! No silence between tracks, either! And during dancing, I'll be using Serato DJ to mix tunes on my DDJ-SX2 (because it has more functionality and portability than my turntables and DJM-S9).

And the rest of you - y'all are funny! Auto debate, auto argue, auto spell correct...LOVE IT! Nope, just auto fade for Serato DJ. Nothing too crazy!
AKIEM 6:42 AM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
Akiem, I didn't claim you're the only one who opposes Autofade - you're just in the minority (meaning more people want it than not). And I was asking which thread (if any) you actually represent the majority in? It seems (at least in this thread) that you are only posting to share your negative point of view, which is very unproductive. WHY DO THIS? I would love to start a poll about autofade capabilities being implemented into Serato with DJs across the board.
You pretended that my opposition to this feature being implemented was particular to me. Its not. And I dont think there is actually that much of a majority here of people needing this feature - that might depend on how you count. And I dont think there is a majority of users who want to see this feature in general.

Quote:

If I'm not a solution based DJ, then what am I to you, Akiem? Funny, because I googled it and found many pages that are relevant, including DJ companies, but you're right, the term hasn't been established yet (maybe i'm breaking new ground?). What I mean, since you don't understand it, is that I have clients that come to me with needs, spanning sound, lighting, decor elements, video and music - I can help provide it all! It means that I just don't show up to play music. I look at setup, flow, sound coverage in multiple areas, and get a gauge for what my clients want. I'm not a cookie cutter DJ with one package. Does that make sense to you?
sure

yet, no one ever heard of said type of DJ
www.google.com

now it points to two pages, this thread is one other one - smh

Quote:

You're NOT a mobile DJ - that's obvious! You might do mobile gigs, but not to the capacity I and many others do them. As a matter of fact, I will bet that you are one of the guys most planners and facilities don't like working with ("the DJ just stayed behind his tables most of the night with no communication, and when we asked him to make an announcement, he said he doesn't do microphones.") I was just at an event the other day thinking of you, Akiem: I was breaking down the ceremony sound system while my custom playlist on the reception sound system was playing for my clients and their guests, without gaps between songs, thinking about how you would be struggling with this event at this venue, because you would be mixing Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and then some turntable style. Fact is, people actually like hearing songs, all original, without the "wicki wicki" involved - especially background music. But they also don't like gaps (at least, that's a pet peeve of mine!).

Is that quote about me, or did you just make it up?

Anyone I work with, I let them know ahead of time that I am not an MC / Host / Planner / Stage Manager / Sound Guy / Mr. Personality / Singer / Dancer / Clown / Ventriloquist / Mime / and or etc.

I will however certainly bring microphones and make announcements.

Usually, I take mobile gigs because the client does not want a typical wedding DJ. Other times, I have hired MCs and others to work with me...

How that matters here, I dont know.

lol @ I scratch through background dinner music...

Quote:

Keep on laughing your ass off, because while you're doing this, I'm out providing a good service, making money for my family.

Just because someone is against something, doesn't mean they need to complain about it.

I dont think this is a complaint. If it was I would contact Serato directly.

Quote:

Why is what I said hilarious about what type of DJ you are being relevant to your point of view about certain features? You must be smoking some good stuff, because you're laughing a lot and not taking this seriously.

LOL!

Quote:

I never mentioned anything about lingering at a buffet, so you're assuming things now. OK.

You think Serato shouldn't "waste their time" with this feature, I'm saying they should implement it because it's the one thing that's missing to complete Serato as a platform pros can use for 100% of their organization and playback. There are some other minor things, but this major thing would seal the deal for me. For you, not so much, Akiem. So why worry about it? Don't use it if you don't want it! Just like I don't use Sync or Flip (yet!).

Im actually not astonished that you keep asking me the same exact question. I answer it and you return with the same questions.

I should be amazed

lol @ calling this feature "major" and believing its the last thing professional DJs need - lol

Quote:

You really haven't explained why you feel this way...you've only trashed the idea. You haven't said how it would "hurt" you in any way. I only see it as a feature that would help DJs do what they do, as sound techs and MCs, when mixing music isn't necessary.

Thats because I never said it would "hurt" me. And you continue to make shit up.

But, as I have said, I dont think they should spend any time implementing this feature, there are more important...

LOL - how many times do you think I can answer that?

Quote:

As far as software development goes, I do know you can't just copy and paste code, especially from one platform to another. But what I do know is that when one manufacturer abandons a product, it can be replicated by their competitors, reverse engineered and implemented, so their product can be improved or enhanced. It's not like this is something completely new we (yes, we, mobile DJs and entertainers) would like to have. I'm looking for an internal solution. Hell, I'd love to not use a laptop at all when I'm "performing," as I have for the past 10 years. But the "norm" is to use one in the signal chain with software like Serato. I'm trying really hard to adapt, but you're not making it easy.

LOL @ you said "as far as 'development goes...' then rant about something completely different.

Quote:

You've given half-assed solutions and contributed negatively to this conversation, Akiem. You really haven't explained fully why you feel this way about Serato. I want ONE application to be the solution, I think Serato can be that solution. Not multiple applications like you suggest. Why double or triple your workload? I don't understand.

I certainly have explained fully, multiple times.

I also dont think my solutions are half assed. They work perfectly fine.

And MANY DJs use more than one software as needed. And MANY DJs bring that xtra cable without problem...

Quote:

Like you find me laughable, I find you laughable, too! We need to agree to disagree on this topic of Autofade in Serato DJ. I think it's very unprofessional to just let songs play with gaps...
I think its more unprofessional to leave your station.
Quote:
you think it's unprofessional of me to assist the venue, caterer and client with releasing tables to the buffet so guests don't have to wait in line?
If your contract calls for mopping the floor.... then thats the contract
Quote:
That's your opinion. If you could have gapless play in Serato, would you not use it at your friend's wedding or would you still use auto play with gaps between songs?

sure. If Serato had a cup holder on it, I would use that too.

Quote:

BTW...I DID make it in the vinyl age! I'm still here after tapes, records and CDs - trying to survive in this digital age we are in! Trying to make the most of it, at least, by suggesting tools and solutions, rather than putting down other people and their ideas...trying to keep positive.

How on earth did you play vinyl and not piss your pants?

Quote:

Off to DJ another wedding...won't be standing in any buffet lines because it's a plated meal today! No silence between tracks, either! And during dancing, I'll be using Serato DJ to mix tunes on my DDJ-SX2 (because it has more functionality and portability than my turntables and DJM-S9).

welp, problem solved

Quote:

And the rest of you - y'all are funny! Auto debate, auto argue, auto spell correct...LOVE IT! Nope, just auto fade for Serato DJ. Nothing too crazy!

Auto-Debate would be great. Just hit the switch and watch my avatar do the work for me.
DJ Ravien 7:20 AM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
sure. If Serato had a cup holder on it, I would use that too.

Now that's a feature I can get behind.
DJ Tgro 6:30 PM - 26 July, 2016
Cupholder on Serato controllers would be a great idea! (flip out type) I use my AV/Gaff Tape roll to secure my beverages!

Akiem, you're the only one who appears to be 100% fully against Autofade in Serato, or at least the only one who cares enough to communicate against it. As the president of the Seattle chapter of the USDJA, I represent many DJs (mobile and club) here in the pacific N.W. who feel the same way I do about this feature, along with many others who have posted their thoughts to this thread. I would never speak against a feature unless I had something better to suggest. An 1/8" cord connected to my laptop is not a solution (I don't use iTunes like you, nor do I want to). I want a hardware solution, similar to what the Denon DN-HD2500 has done for me for the past 10 years.

I'm glad you understand (somewhat) the difference between what you and I do for our clients. "Solution Based DJ" with quotes pulls up my website, wow! Isn't that nice...glad to know google hasn't forgotten me!

That quote was about other DJs I hear complaints about regularly - but they still get jobs and do events for their clients. But they're not liked or respected much in the industry. Glad you know how to use a microphone. I am not a typical wedding DJ, but a majority of events I do are weddings. I bring something different to the table than most and that's what we all should be doing (all DJs in general). Find your niche, do what you do, and be good at what you do.

If it's not a complaint, then what is it? Just an opinion against something, right? Definition of complaint: a statement that a situation (or in this case, an idea for a product) is unsatisfactory or unacceptable. Sounds like a complaint to me.

Regarding Autofade: It really is the only feature missing for me to use Serato 100% of the time at events. I am still having to double my work by preparing music on the abandoned Denon platform because I still trust it for most portions of my events. But they aren't manufacturing the hardware anymore. So it may not be "major" to you, but it is the missing link for me to make Serato my "instrument of choice," so to speak.

What am I making up? NOTHING The software development, the R&D, has been done long ago, it just needs to be implemented. No rant about something different...it's exactly what I'm talking about - 1 solution for all DJs to do what they need to on one platform. Autoplay is stupid - we want Autofade - continuous and relay play in and between decks, with the ability to load (prepare) crates/playlists, and even switch them up on the fly.

If you're 100% happy with Serato, then why chime in here against something others want? You haven't explained this, nor do I expect you to. Just because you are happy using multiple platforms and cables to connect laptops to your mixer (when you already have a USB cable connected) doesn't mean other DJs are happy with it. Why can't we ask for an easier and more innovative solution from the manufacturer we support without being ridiculed by others who don't feel this way?

Why do you feel it's unprofessional to leave your "station?" It really depends on the event, the clients' wishes and the venue. I think it's more unprofessional to have "dead air" during an event. I'll gladly mop floors if it's needed, even though that's not in my contract. It's called "going above and beyond" expectations to do the right thing for your clients. I even helped the venue move chairs and clean off pine needles and other specs of tree debris that fell on them before guests were invited to take their seats for dinner. Can't do that when I'm stuck behind the decks. Can't we agree to disagree, not only regarding Autofade in Serato, but the level of professionalism regarding gaps between songs vs. leaving your station? I don't feel we've really made progress, other than continuing a mostly peaceful conversation.

And I had LPs, mostly longer versions of songs I could put on if I had to use the restroom. Plus most of my vinyl sets were 1-2 hours long on average (piss before and/or after).

Problem's still not solved - because I'm still prepping on Denon and Serato to make my events happen. Really contemplating Traktor as a solution (I keep hearing it does it all).

I'm Auto-here - have a nice day!
deejdave 1:55 AM - 27 July, 2016
Quote:
What am I making up? NOTHING The software development, the R&D, has been done long ago, it just needs to be implemented

You kind of just made this up right here. Coding (or simply implementing as you put it) IS development.
DJ Tgro 4:21 PM - 27 July, 2016
It is - will take some work to make it integrated, but the tech already exists! Both internally (PYRO) and externally (Denon, VDJ, iTunes). Just asking Serato to "make it happen," one way or another. Again, I'm not "making up anything new." Just want this feature (Autofade) integrated into Serato.
AKIEM 8:56 PM - 27 July, 2016
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Cupholder on Serato controllers would be a great idea! (flip out type) I use my AV/Gaff Tape roll to secure my beverages!
you should gaff tape drinks to your hands and let the computer autoplay - lol

Akiem, you're the only one who appears to be 100% fully against Autofade in Serato, or at least the only one who cares enough to communicate against it.
ridiculously false
Quote:
As the president of the Seattle chapter of the USDJA, I represent many DJs (mobile and club) here in the pacific N.W. who feel the same way I do about this feature, along with many others who have posted their thoughts to this thread.
lol, really? So how many members are you speaking for? I suppose you think your posts are worth more than mine, right? lol

Did they send you here as a representative to lobby for this feature? Are you sure each member is in favor, did you vote, is it part of your charter? Is it in your bylaws, your manifesto, is it a prerequisite for joining?

lol - you arnt doing that hot of a job

Quote:
I would never speak against a feature unless I had something better to suggest. An 1/8" cord connected to my laptop is not a solution (I don't use iTunes like you, nor do I want to). I want a hardware solution, similar to what the Denon DN-HD2500 has done for me for the past 10 years.
I don't use itunes

Quote:

I'm glad you understand (somewhat) the difference between what you and I do for our clients. "Solution Based DJ" with quotes pulls up my website, wow! Isn't that nice...glad to know google hasn't forgotten me!
so you made it up then tried to detract from me for never having heard of it. great - lets keep in mind that you speak for "Solution Based DJs" - the one of them.

Quote:

That quote was about other DJs I hear complaints about regularly - but they still get jobs and do events for their clients. But they're not liked or respected much in the industry. Glad you know how to use a microphone. I am not a typical wedding DJ, but a majority of events I do are weddings. I bring something different to the table than most and that's what we all should be doing (all DJs in general). Find your niche, do what you do, and be good at what you do.

If it's not a complaint, then what is it? Just an opinion against something, right? Definition of complaint: a statement that a situation (or in this case, an idea for a product) is unsatisfactory or unacceptable. Sounds like a complaint to me.
as I said, if it was a complaint I would speak directly to the developers, or at least a thread they are paying attention to. I am however, just discussing the issue and tangents.

Quote:

Regarding Autofade: It really is the only feature missing for me to use Serato 100% of the time at events. I am still having to double my work by preparing music on the abandoned Denon platform because I still trust it for most portions of my events. But they aren't manufacturing the hardware anymore. So it may not be "major" to you, but it is the missing link for me to make Serato my "instrument of choice," so to speak.
sounds like you need a work around.

Quote:

What am I making up? NOTHING The software development, the R&D, has been done long ago, it just needs to be implemented. No rant about something different...it's exactly what I'm talking about - 1 solution for all DJs to do what they need to on one platform. Autoplay is stupid - we want Autofade - continuous and relay play in and between decks, with the ability to load (prepare) crates/playlists, and even switch them up on the fly.
in other words, do your job for you.

Quote:

If you're 100% happy with Serato, then why chime in here against something others want?

Im certainly not 100% happy with Serato. I'm more like a long time disgruntled user. Part of my issue is focus on this type feature at the expense of others.

Quote:

You haven't explained this, nor do I expect you to.
...and you shouldnt expect me to because I have explained it, again and again and again in this thread, you just can't grasp it or whatever your deal is.
Quote:
Just because you are happy using multiple platforms and cables to connect laptops to your mixer (when you already have a USB cable connected) doesn't mean other DJs are happy with it. Why can't we ask for an easier and more innovative solution from the manufacturer we support without being ridiculed by others who don't feel this way?
maybe the ridicule is in response to your personal attacks on someone for simply dissagreeing about the feature?

Quote:

Why do you feel it's unprofessional to leave your "station?"
Because if there is any reason related to my job that I am needed I should be immediately available... Not off at the bar or the buffett. Because I am hired to DJ, not press auto-play.
Quote:
It really depends on the event, the clients' wishes and the venue. I think it's more unprofessional to have "dead air" during an event.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... thats why you should be at your station playing records.
Quote:
I'll gladly mop floors if it's needed, even though that's not in my contract. It's called "going above and beyond" expectations to do the right thing for your clients. I even helped the venue move chairs and clean off pine needles and other specs of tree debris that fell on them before guests were invited to take their seats for dinner. Can't do that when I'm stuck behind the decks.
if you are off solving some other issue at the clients request then they will likely understand if there is a gap in play
Quote:
Can't we agree to disagree, not only regarding Autofade in Serato, but the level of professionalism regarding gaps between songs vs. leaving your station? I don't feel we've really made progress, other than continuing a mostly peaceful conversation.
staying at your station and actually DJing SOLVES the problem.

This is a DJing software, not a wedding gig software, not karaoke software, not an auto-party while you drink beers with your buddy

Quote:

And I had LPs, mostly longer versions of songs I could put on if I had to use the restroom. Plus most of my vinyl sets were 1-2 hours long on average (piss before and/or after).
so put on longer songs. Take three long songs and edit them together.... solutions #42

Quote:

Problem's still not solved - because I'm still prepping on Denon and Serato to make my events happen. Really contemplating Traktor as a solution (I keep hearing it does it all).

Solution #58
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:17 AM - 28 July, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please can we dial back the personal jibes in here, there is obviously disagreement and that is fine but why not agree to disagree and move on because this thread is going in circles. We don't like to have to police anything on the forum and we shouldn't really need to if we just follow the simple rules and show each other respect.

Everybody has a right to make a feature request and explain their personal need for it, we encourage the discussion of feature requests within each thread and yes we do keep an eye on this part of the forum and go through it, especially when we are planning or investigating future features and we would rather not have to read through arguments for arguments sake just to see what our customers are after.

Not every feature suggestion or implemented feature suits every user, please bear this in mind and show each other respect in both directions, arguing the point is probably not going to provide any more insight at this point and I think we all clearly understand there are opposing opinions on this request so I suggest we all move on and make the most of our days by doing something constructive, agreed?

Thanks all,

J
DJ Tgro 12:43 AM - 28 July, 2016
Thank you, J! (Serato) I've already tried to "agree to disagree," but Akiem is very much against your innovation. I just want this one feature - and I will use Serato for the rest of my life, 100%, to prepare and play music professionally for my clients.
AKIEM 2:13 AM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
Thank you, J! (Serato) I've already tried to "agree to disagree," but Akiem is very much against your innovation. I just want this one feature - and I will use Serato for the rest of my life, 100%, to prepare and play music professionally for my clients.

Actually its much more like you keep asking me questions, calling my name and even trying to speak for me.

I agreed to disagree quite a long time ago - but here is my name again........ wow.

Thanks for moderating Jason.S
peace out :-)
DJ Remix Detroit 3:25 AM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:

In case you haven't figured it out yet, Akiem is like a 7 year old school girl, he has to get the last word in on everything.

this internet shit is really serious to him, you just have to let him have his little moment of world wide web glory.
d:raf 6:18 AM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
I just want this one feature - and I will use Serato for the rest of my life, 100%, to prepare and play music professionally for my clients.

That made me think... I wonder what kind of software we'll all be DJing on in 25 years?

Maybe we'll have "auto book" by then...
DjSyndic8 7:08 AM - 28 July, 2016
in the future there will be no speakers you will be able to hear the music telepathically no need for noise control
DJ Ravien 7:30 AM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
in the future there will be no speakers you will be able to hear the music telepathically no need for noise control

Lmao, made me think of the silent disco they have at spring awakening. Nothing funnier then seeing a bunch of people dance to no music.
DJ Ravien 7:31 AM - 28 July, 2016
AKIEM 3:47 PM - 28 July, 2016

lol, they need to add vr goggles
DJ Ravien 5:29 PM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:

lol, I may have been a little more interested then.
DJ Tgro 8:27 PM - 28 July, 2016
Akiem, just to please you, I won't be addressing your points anymore. I never called you a name (other than your name), I stopped asking you questions (again, can't we agree to disagree?), and not speaking for you at all. DJ Remix Detroit hit the nail on the head - yes, I have figured that out!

Autofade - The Topic = did some research on VDJ and it appears that might be the solution if Serato doesn't go this route. Not only do they have decent vinyl emulation (DVS), but live playlists with various autofade options. All in one package.
AKIEM 4:00 PM - 29 July, 2016
amazing
Quote:
Quote:

Just think, you could have your clients spend a night of dancing in Ibiza or Brazil, instead of some hotel ballroom or whatever.

lol
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:52 PM - 29 July, 2016
Quote:
amazing
Quote:
Quote:

Just think, you could have your clients spend a night of dancing in Ibiza or Brazil, instead of some hotel ballroom or whatever.

lol

Even better with augmented virtual reality...they can still see things around but in a different environment.
DJ Ravien 9:03 PM - 29 July, 2016
Quote:

Quote:
Even better with augmented virtual reality...they can still see things around but in a different environment.

Haha, These are actually really good ideas, The next step would be an online version which makes me think of the Duke Dumont video.

Watchwww.youtube.com
d:raf 11:11 PM - 29 July, 2016
Better make sure security is tight; a room full of dancing people who can't see or hear what's going on around them = pickpocket heaven.
AKIEM 12:15 AM - 30 July, 2016
In a room full of blind women, the one eyed snake is king.
DjSyndic8 2:01 AM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
In a room full of blind women, the one eyed snake is king.

lol