Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

News: Mac OS X El Capitan & Serato DJ / Serato DJ Intro

12:24 AM, 5 Oct 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ Yaitanis 6:59 AM - 5 October, 2015
Hi all, Right now there is no way I can test OSX 10.11 because Serato does not switch over when connected to My Pioneer DJM 850. I will be happy to run it through its paces and report any issues as I am already testing 1.8
DJ ME 10:05 AM - 5 October, 2015
I am in the same boat. Received the email after I updated to El Capitan. Now Serato DJ and all periferals are down. I can use DJ...but none of the controller. Serato Live still works however. Do you guys have an ETA for updates?
Chris MAS 10:29 AM - 5 October, 2015
i use NV from Numark,i updated to El Capitan and it's working fine so far .nu issues at all . . .
guess i'm lucky .:)
Philmixit 10:44 AM - 5 October, 2015
Hello to Serato team , Right now there is no way I can test Serato dj 1.8 I update to OS X 10.11, and my newark NS7 11 is not working, I don't know what I was thinking to update OS X 10.11, but it is what it is for now.
nikodb 12:13 PM - 5 October, 2015
ddj sb2 seemed fine for the most part also...did get some quirks with the layer controls, but those were present on Yosemite also

Cheers
Nik
NickDare 12:33 PM - 5 October, 2015
Any update yet? When can we update? Need to know ASAP
dj_old_school wild sound 12:51 PM - 5 October, 2015
Serato we do understand for now you don't support el capitan but a lot of people can't wait for the music industry to make update or drivers, we all know if we don't get the OX now that is free them you have to paid out of your pocket for the OX. / I update my mac book pro 2012 model i was able to open serato dj but just as stand alone with out my rane sl2, will play auto play, have not tested with my rane sl2. / However on my iMac 27 inches 2013 model 3.4 ghz 1tb i have my rane sl2 with my traktor z2 (i have always use it like that as a midi mappable mixer not to many issues with yosemite) but i update to el capitan and is all just a issue of missing drivers, Serato will frezee for a long period them won't open and it will give you a error saying serato is not a recognized software. pretty much what el capitan is saying is that serato is outdate with no drivers.......as well if you use native instruments product same deal missing drivers..........the music industry was not ready for the update.........and we going to see also a lot of this dj mixers audio cards and softwares prices go up just because of all this updates. me i update the OX system is the heart of the computer. i know serato will come with a good update............but hey guys if you have a beta version will be glad to tested for you in my computers.......but the bad thing if i record in quick time doing the testing the only email i have is outlook and can't send big file showing test results. but talking to serato technical support they always act like they can't understand my grammar lol. you know i might take my idea to another company i have a idea that will change the dj market and if you guys don't listen all this dos software companies going to loose a lot of money on a idea me and my friend have :).................well serato i know you guys will get it right is just missing drivers :)
dj_old_school wild sound 1:26 PM - 5 October, 2015
if you have the beta version i will test it right now :) guys if you have parties don't update yet but if you don't have parties for a while update and report the crash and bugs because it will have problems guys remember serato is working on the issues on the drivers needed.......i don't be surprise if they come out with a new face look specially with the new dam-s9 man i taught of that long time ago having the same buttons of the ddj-sp1 on a regular battle mixer love it i want 2 one for me one for my friend and push the limits in the studio in that mixer i have to say they have it right this time
DJ Yaitanis 1:47 PM - 5 October, 2015
Guys Great Questions but I heard from Serato and that its more a Pioneer/Numark/Etc issue with drivers etc.

So until We can get the HW OEM's to look into it we are dead in the water.

All else works great with 10.10.x and 1.8 beta awaiting the release, knowing Pioneer it could be a while but I put in a note to them for any details... I will let everyone know once I hear back...
DJ Yaitanis 2:18 PM - 5 October, 2015
I also wanted to mention the the above picture is of a New MacBook 12" which isn't supported either.
dj dee smooth 7:01 PM - 5 October, 2015
I am on the same boat I did the download at 2 pm few hours later about 9 I received an email from serato they won't support os El Capitan stupid me didn't check with Serato first, but didn't think this was going to happen........ I am guessing any day Serato will fix this...
thanks
DJ Yaitanis 7:23 PM - 5 October, 2015
Guys I wanted to reiterate at this time it is up to Pioneer DJ to Come Out with a Driver for OSX Not Serato.
Serato, Support
Chez P 9:16 PM - 5 October, 2015
Hi Guys,

Even though we currently don't support OS X El Capitan (10.11), please can you still get in touch with Serato support at support@serato.com, and we will try our best to help you out.

Cheers.
dj doesha 11:55 PM - 5 October, 2015
Damn , i know this got me too. I didnt think to look and update without looking at the web site. Now I was a gig and my rane 62 and mac was tripping out, I was going crazy and going down the line , and changing out wires and restarting etc. UGH ..>>> but i hope this can be fixed before October 30th my next gig.

thanks
and i have faith in you guys ...

SERATO !

peace ,

dj doesha
str8nger 1:40 AM - 6 October, 2015
how can i uninstall el capitan?and go back to Yosemite i never backed up my macbook pro so i assume I'm already screwed....
nikodb 1:55 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
how can i uninstall el capitan?and go back to Yosemite i never backed up my macbook pro so i assume I'm already screwed....

Just back up your data now manually or timemachine it..and better try to find someone who knows their ways on downgrading your macs osx to a previous version over a clean install...it aint so hard, but it can get quite tricky for someone to try and guide you from here, plus this aint the place for that,..

you ll be best off googling some articles online...there are quite a few of them available and more than one way to do the osx imstall.

Cheers
Nik
AYANX #234 12:40 PM - 6 October, 2015
if u already update to El Capitan & want back to yosemite, don't worry just back up ur data with Time Machine & clean install..

it's the way if you wanna play with Serato DJ.

now i`m already using yosemite again.

^^
 DJ.JANN 1:50 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hello, I upgraded my MacBook to the new version of IOS X, Serato DJ is giving problems such as locking in bands when you press and sometimes does not leave the audio.
Carlo Frascaroli 2:15 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hi Guys

Im in big truble, I Update to El capitan Before you oficialy don´t suport Os x El Capitan. & send masive messages

I have 3 Gigs This week & I cant play!!!!!!
When I connect my SL4, the software appears to be Offline, & don´t recognize the interface.

Plis Help!!!!!!!!!

Im running
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
& Rane SL4
dj dee smooth 6:14 PM - 6 October, 2015
How you guys doing??? it seems like a lot of us made the same error by dowloading El Capitan, I seen videos on youtube a DJ using el Capitan and it works normal maybe is fake video...
this is one of the big problems with macs computer, they good and all that but this updates are killers..... I had a big gig in Niagara Falls and lucky I own a 2015 macbook pro as spare computer I was able to do it
I heard this issue won't be fix for some time maybe months.... I guess all we have to do is wait or buy windows computer maybe run paralles on ur mac computer
DJ WHTT 6:39 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hopefully this can help anyone revert back to OS X Yosemite.

www.imore.com
DJ WHTT 6:41 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:

PS Make sure your back up your data before trying this.

www.imore.com
dj dee smooth 7:22 PM - 6 October, 2015
you can only do it if you backed up when Yosemite was the os being used at the time... otherwise you have to delete the whole hard drive and make it as new.. thats a lot lost data pics and what ever.... I was told by apple care center once you upgrade to El Capitan the mac won't be the same if u downgrade to Yosemite it has something to do with some files and why not.... this is stressfullllllllllllllllllllll.
by any chance anyone can help me pick a good analog sampler to use with my NS6 must be analog as my screen is being use with serato.... thanks
dj dee smooth 8:22 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

PS Make sure your back up your data before trying this.

www.imore.com

I was going to do that but apple center said it may cause some damage to the hardware as el Capitan os has already being installed and my mac may run a bit odd... it was up to me to do so I i rather wait till this gets fix, if not then I will have to erase it all and do a factory reset and that will hurt.....
DJ Yousef 8:59 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hey guys, THis past thursday i played with a Numark NV and El Capitan...Serato reset on me three times!!! Over the weekend i installed Windows on my mac via bootcamp, and it worked just fine. Its a temporary fix
 DJ.JANN 12:55 AM - 7 October, 2015
When it will have a new update of Serato DJ?
Hyjinx 2:23 AM - 7 October, 2015
Gotta get on this immediately SERATO!! I DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR EL CAPITAN!! I'm not going to download til you update... I'm luckier than most I did check before download but some people didn't and are dependent on the gigs and events as well as being reliable. All the clients won't know most likely or believe the truth and think its bs. Spreading rumors that the dj is un-reliable. WORK FASTER SERATO
pdidy 5:02 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
How you guys doing??? it seems like a lot of us made the same error by dowloading El Capitan, I seen videos on youtube a DJ using el Capitan and it works normal maybe is fake video...
this is one of the big problems with macs computer, they good and all that but this updates are killers..... I had a big gig in Niagara Falls and lucky I own a 2015 macbook pro as spare computer I was able to do it
I heard this issue won't be fix for some time maybe months.... I guess all we have to do is wait or buy windows computer maybe run paralles on ur mac computer

WOW, so many bad ideas here. dj dee smooth, i highly recommend you and ALL OTHERS that have this problem let someone more qualified fix this problem for you. Reverting back to any OS and saving all required files is VERY SIMPLE if you know what you're doing.
Longnely 5:58 AM - 7 October, 2015
when i use SERATO Dj, missing signal with Serato SL 4 & Pioneer DJM 9. I tested 3 times, still the same problem, sometimes missing signal about 2-3 seconds, please update this issue, thanks. Now i saw, Serato Dj cannot use with El Capitan, really sure.
Samos 7:22 AM - 7 October, 2015
installed El Capitan yesterday by mistake... requested upgrade to Yosemithe but got El Capitan.

Playing with PIONEER DDJ SX and SERATO DJ, and after some quick tests everything seemed to work just fine.
Hope it still works playing long sets, have a wedding gig within 4 days...

Does any one else have experience with combinaiton DDJ SX / SERATO DJ / EL CAPITAN?
pdidy 8:47 AM - 7 October, 2015
Here is a simple temporary fix youtu.be

It is a dual boot system which allows you to instal any one of the older OS X version that you may have. Of course back up all files first and if you have no idea what you doing be sure to have someone more qualified do it for you. You can essentially be back up and running in less than an hour with this method.
AYANX #234 10:19 AM - 7 October, 2015
Guys ... Just Clean install ur mac then install OS X Yosemite

it`s the way if u wanna playing with serato DJ

or if u wont back to yosemite, just play with Scratch Live.
it`s work for me
dj dee smooth 7:19 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

WOW, so many bad ideas here. dj dee smooth, i highly recommend you and ALL OTHERS that have this problem let someone more qualified fix this problem for you. Reverting back to any OS and saving all required files is VERY SIMPLE if you know what you're doing.

to be honest I didn't do no back up and not to new on apple computers but I am more like a plug and play hahahaha wish I did do the back up in Yosemite
I do have an spare macbook pro witch I am using now
but my main computer is a 5k love that big screen 5k resolution....... thanks wish serato come with a fix for this issue
roybotmunky 7:50 PM - 7 October, 2015
Been using El Capitan since the 1st public beta came out. Currently running OS X 10.11.1 Beta. Serato works flawlessly for my DDJ-SB. Obviously it's only certain controllers having issues.
Master Mario 1:40 AM - 8 October, 2015
Does anyone try to use Serato Scratch Live with El Capitan? I have Rane TTM 57sl that Serato Dj is not supporting anymore.
DJ Caliente 305 5:57 AM - 8 October, 2015
Does Serato DJ and Video work with El Capitan and Numark Mix Deck Quad? Need to know, before I upgrade thanks?
pdidy 6:30 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Does Serato DJ and Video work with El Capitan and Numark Mix Deck Quad? Need to know, before I upgrade thanks?

www.numark.com
The mix deck quad is supported but Serato is NOT so no you should not update to el captain.
DJ Caliente 305 8:26 AM - 8 October, 2015
When can I upgrade to El Capitan and Use Serato?
Longnely 10:31 AM - 8 October, 2015
Scratch Live works fine, no problem, but i wanna play with Serato Dj. El Capitan just can use Scratch Live, tested.
Master Mario 12:10 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Scratch Live works fine, no problem, but i wanna play with Serato Dj. El Capitan just can use Scratch Live, tested.

Great! Thanx a lot! Did someone test Scratch live with SSL2/3/4 or Rane TTM-57sl on El Capitan?
pdidy 12:12 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
When can I upgrade to El Capitan and Use Serato?

when its ready.
DJ-BRETT-HALEY 3:39 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Great! Thanx a lot! Did someone test Scratch live with SSL2/3/4 or Rane TTM-57sl on El Capitan?

I have tested all SL boxes in clubs on Scratch Live and it works fine on El Capitan! JUst not Serato DJ!
Mr Slimz 7:43 PM - 8 October, 2015
Pls update by the weekend this is making me depressed :( I did not see the notice until after I installed the new Mac update. I nearly went to put my controller in the shop to be look at thinking I messed it up !!

Come on guy's Serato the best but it's a bit of a let down for my weekend I think ??????
pdidy 10:21 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Pls update by the weekend this is making me depressed :( I did not see the notice until after I installed the new Mac update. I nearly went to put my controller in the shop to be look at thinking I messed it up !!

Come on guy's Serato the best but it's a bit of a let down for my weekend I think ??????

it not seratos fault just yours and from the looks of it, this may take a long time to fix.

You would be better off fixing your laptop, it takes less than an hour to go back to your old OS.
hally_b18 11:42 AM - 9 October, 2015
how can I go from 10.6.8 to 10.10 Yosemite?
ushj 3:03 PM - 9 October, 2015
i had an issue when upgrading, but luckily i had a copy of scratch live and that seemed to work on el capitan... just an fyi.
Connor Gladwin 4:35 PM - 9 October, 2015
Lots of disruption with Rane SL3, definately do not upgrade yet.
Dj Piry 11:37 PM - 9 October, 2015
Dejo de funcionar mi serato SL4 despues que configure el capitan, espero lo resuelvan lo mas pronto posible
dj dee smooth 1:36 AM - 10 October, 2015
getting my ddi sz tomorrow and serato is not working 1700 dollars just to put it on ice
hope this issue gets solve asap people are loosing time and money....
Manolisx 7:59 AM - 10 October, 2015
For all those who updated to El Capitan OS,rumors say that the 10.11.1 Beta is stable in the majority of hardware.Personally i downgraded to Mountain Lion via Internet recovery just to be sure.
Good luck!
pdidy 8:46 AM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
getting my ddi sz tomorrow and serato is not working 1700 dollars just to put it on ice
hope this issue gets solve asap people are loosing time and money....

Some people don't learn until they lose money and gigs, failure is the best teacher.
Ronnie 2:30 PM - 10 October, 2015
Hi Guys,

Would someone kind enough to send or post a link, How to uninstall El Capitan OS and install Snow Leopard which I just received from Apple.
Greatly appreciate it.

As I have to play tonight, I am so frustrated.
Please Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks
djaronnie@gmail.com
Philmixit 2:42 PM - 10 October, 2015
Hi Ronnie

Sorry , you can but you are going to lose every thing on your computer, what you can do is get an external heard drive and put os x yosemite on it , that is what I did ,because my ns7 11 did not work with the new El Capitan OS, now every thing is running of the external.
DJ Mike Fresh 4:09 PM - 10 October, 2015
Im in the same boat... didn't even think to check before I updated.. Luckily I don't have another gig until next month so i hope that this is fixed soon!
Eventsman 8:11 PM - 10 October, 2015
Crazy situation with that upgrade of El Captian. I upgraded without checking the serato website also. Had to purchase another MacBook Pro to provide DJ service tonight. This will be a &1089.00 investment I will always remember. My fault for not paying enough attention.😁
pdidy 9:47 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Would someone kind enough to send or post a link, How to uninstall El Capitan OS and install Snow Leopard which I just received from Apple.
Greatly appreciate it.

As I have to play tonight, I am so frustrated.
Please Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks
djaronnie@gmail.com

you dont have to uninstall El Capitan, just install Snow Leopard on dual boot.

Quote:
Here is a simple temporary fix youtu.be

It is a dual boot system which allows you to instal any one of the older OS X version that you may have. Of course back up all files first and if you have no idea what you doing be sure to have someone more qualified do it for you. You can essentially be back up and running in less than an hour with this method.
ylthao85 6:39 AM - 11 October, 2015
Just thought I would add in some findings I've had since updating:

Gear - Mabook 2015 running El Capitan, DJM 400 (yeah I need to upgrade that too haha), CDJ 1000 MKII and SL3 - songs will randomly skip about every 20-30 minutes at the least and about every 10 minutes at the most

Same setup but with Stanton ST 150's - songs will skip consistently every 10 minutes and will cut off completely about every 1/3 hour.
Mr Slimz 11:26 AM - 11 October, 2015
Ok pdidy... A lot of us have the same problem at this time. So it's my fault but can't you guys speed up this process without us having to going tru all the long ting. I've paid a lot of money for my equipment I should not have down grade it for it to work. Pls give a time frame on when this will be sorted ???

No point downgrading only to put it back on, I guess Numark n Serato had knowledge of EL before it was releasted. This is a bad inconvenience for most of us.

Work together and sort it !! Mac, Numark and Serato
DJ_Fewa 3:20 PM - 12 October, 2015
Hey @ all

I have a problem with my Serato after updating my Mac with El Captain, too.

I have the SL3 Box and I play with turntabels & mixer (without any controllers)

My problem: nearly every song has a break for a second. It sounds like a loose contact...

As I read above it is a common problem...unluckly my own fault, I should have checked the Serato page first. Anyway, I hope there will be a solution soon.
Mr steven 4:31 PM - 12 October, 2015
please guys do help me tell whosoever is involved in the serato pioneer driver section,to help us who upgraded to Os X El capitan already, that we can not access our pioneer ddj sz controller anymore because the serato dj is no longer compatible with the new mac OS.....
carsongrdn 5:37 PM - 12 October, 2015
I'm having the same problem after upgrading to El Capitan, now my NS7 will not come online. I had to cancel Gig as a result, hope the fix will be here soon
pdidy 8:38 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
please guys do help me tell whosoever is involved in the serato pioneer driver section,to help us who upgraded to Os X El capitan already, that we can not access our pioneer ddj sz controller anymore because the serato dj is no longer compatible with the new mac OS.....

read the thread, there were at least 2 fixes posted.
 DJ.JANN 10:24 PM - 12 October, 2015
Espero que em breve tenha a atualização para o Serato DJ. ;(
DanielAlonso 7:26 AM - 13 October, 2015
DJM 900 SRT not detected with Capitan+SDJ :(
Dj Indy 3000 10:51 AM - 13 October, 2015
Upgrade El Capitan for Serato dj..... when????
pdidy 1:27 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Upgrade El Capitan for Serato dj..... when????

No time soon but we will let you know.
Martin Ebert 7:00 PM - 13 October, 2015
Hi @ all

after upgrading to El Capitan my Serato SL2 starts normal and seems to work. But in the mix i have many USB Dropouts and glitches. I hope Serato could fix that as soon as possible.
Zoosh 9:49 PM - 13 October, 2015
why are you idiots upgrading when Serato have clearly told you not too yet? Dumb
pdidy 10:02 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
why are you idiots upgrading when Serato have clearly told you not too yet? Dumb

because a clear majority of them could care less about reading and research until after something goes wrong. But failure is the greatest teacher so a select few will learn a lesson in professionalism from this.
DjGiovanni 10:27 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Hi @ all

after upgrading to El Capitan my Serato SL2 starts normal and seems to work. But in the mix i have many USB Dropouts and glitches. I hope Serato could fix that as soon as possible.

I am having the same issues on my SL3.
The program starts, it takes a little long and it works. but a minute into the song or mix sound drops out on both decks and comes back out of sink.
Asu 12:03 AM - 14 October, 2015
RANE 57 MKII WORKS FINE AND THE ORIGINAL DDJ-SX...DDJ-SZ IS A NO GO...GLAD I HAVE WORKING OPTIONS BUT WON'T UPDATE NEXT TIME BEFORE SERATO CONFIRMS :-)

SERATO VIDEO IS ALSO UNSTABLE...MIX EMERGENCY WORKS LIKE A CHARM
dj dee smooth 4:23 AM - 14 October, 2015
Serato 1.8. Is it going to be compatible with El Capitan?????????????????
pdidy 5:06 AM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Serato 1.8. Is it going to be compatible with El Capitan?????????????????

YES, BUT THE EXACT date nobody knows.
Martin Ebert 5:38 AM - 14 October, 2015
Hi Zoosh,

not everyone use his laptop only for Serato. I need my Laptop for work and keep him always up do date. All Programs i use on it work fine with El Capitan. It is not my fault that serato is a litlle bit to slow getting programs up to date. But at the moment it is not a big Problem for me. I have an older Windows Laptop where i could use Serato at the moment.
Mr Slimz 9:14 AM - 14 October, 2015
Hello every one, does the new update what was released today, is it compatible with EL ?

Is it going make my NS6 connect now ?
AYANX #234 10:15 AM - 14 October, 2015
SDJ 1.8 Still not compatible on EL
Dj Piry 8:11 PM - 14 October, 2015
Hi,
I HAVE SL4 & CDJ 350 PIONEER IS NOT COMPATIBLE ON EL CAPITAN!!!
I CAN NOT WORK, PLEASE DO IN LESS TIME POSSIBLE !
 DJ.JANN 8:25 PM - 14 October, 2015
In short .... we expect a new update for Serato DJ,
RodrigoVolta 9:54 PM - 14 October, 2015
Hey, DDJ-SX or SX2 is running fine in El Capitan?
I'll go to a gig this weekend and there will be a SX or SX2 to use...

Thanks!
pdidy 10:38 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
not everyone use his laptop only for Serato. I need my Laptop for work and keep him always up do date. All Programs i use on it work fine with El Capitan.

I think we can safely assume that comment was directed at PROFESSIONAL DJ's who's highest priority is djing with serato. Your highest priority is your job, NOT djing professionally with serato so the comment does not apply to people like you.
pdidy 10:42 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Hi,
I HAVE SL4 & CDJ 350 PIONEER IS NOT COMPATIBLE ON EL CAPITAN!!!
I CAN NOT WORK, PLEASE DO IN LESS TIME POSSIBLE !

you should be telling that to apple. so many people blame everything on serato and are ignorant to the facts....smh
pdidy 10:48 PM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:
Hey, DDJ-SX or SX2 is running fine in El Capitan?
I'll go to a gig this weekend and there will be a SX or SX2 to use...

Thanks!

El Capitan is NOT supported on serato so it doesn't matter because as a professional you should not be using it at live gigs anyway.....right ?

But if you're not a PRO disregard my comment and do what ever you like.
E1 Pro 5:11 PM - 16 October, 2015
having audio drop outs and glitches on el capitan with my ttm 57 need help asap
E1 Pro 5:14 PM - 16 October, 2015
having audio drop outs and glitches with El Capitan on my ttm 57. is it the same issue with the protools drivers ??
djalfdawg 9:29 PM - 16 October, 2015
I'm just now seeing this. My rane 62 there are audio drops like crazy but I've had no issues with my vestax 380 with el capitan on 1.7.8. except recording. recording has drop outs but no issue till play back of recording.
Mr Slimz 5:56 PM - 17 October, 2015
Ok... If it is the first time I'm using time machine, will this have my past Yosemite, I've jus bought a new hard drive for the time machine ?
DJ_GiNSU 8:28 PM - 17 October, 2015
It's pretty awesome that I can buy a new macbook and not be able to use my DJ controller, because someone ignored the 9 months of beta testing they had with the new OS and decided to just tell everyone "tough crap - you shouldn't have bought a new computer". I really like this attitude.
Zoosh 11:44 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
not everyone use his laptop only for Serato. I need my Laptop for work and keep him always up do date. All Programs i use on it work fine with El Capitan.

I think we can safely assume that comment was directed at PROFESSIONAL DJ's who's highest priority is djing with serato. Your highest priority is your job, NOT djing professionally with serato so the comment does not apply to people like you.

I couldn't have said it better myself. There is hardly any difference between yosamite and el capitan anyway so if your a sheep then go ahead and upgrade just dont winge at Serato its not their fault. Native instruments are having the same issues too.
DJ_GiNSU 12:11 AM - 18 October, 2015
If I spent $1500 on a DJ controller and then, 3 months later I had to choose between buying another laptop to continue to use it, or just not using it because I was required to update my system to work with the new iCloud version that my wife installed on the desktop... or that I HAVE to have the latest OS because I'm an application developer and Apple won't let me put anything in the app store unless it's compiled for the latest version of the OS. Ok, maybe I don't have a right to be pissed off about the fact that the beta for the OS was out for so many months before it came out and Serato drags their figurative feet every year. Maybe my situation is not that common. Maybe I'm the only guy on earth who needs to keep his machine up to date and doesn't own another laptop.

But maybe I'm not pissed off about that. Maybe I'm still pissed off about the fact that they didn't support Yosemite until version 1.7.2 - three months after Yosemite was released. And that even after the OS was "supported", they didn't actually get my NS7 II working properly until two versions after that - a full seven months after Yosemite was released. And maybe now that I see The OS isn't supported, I'm pretty that this controller is basically going to sit here collecting dust for another 6 months unless I buy another laptop. Really, I'm not trying to be an ass here. But "buy another laptop or don't upgrade until we tell you to" is not really the world the rest of us live in.
Busyoy 3:25 AM - 18 October, 2015
Just Another Serato fan with a recent $2500 investment in DDJSZ that is now as good as paper weight.
Tough cookie for me I guess!

Beta
Beta
Beta

Since July.

Maybe it's Pioneer and their software drivers!

Beta
Beta
Beta

Maybe I need a sneaker bar....
pdidy 7:26 AM - 18 October, 2015
Quote:
If I spent $1500 on a DJ controller and then, 3 months later I had to choose between buying another laptop to continue to use it, or just not using it because I was required to update my system to work with the new iCloud version that my wife installed on the desktop... or that I HAVE to have the latest OS because I'm an application developer and Apple won't let me put anything in the app store unless it's compiled for the latest version of the OS. Ok, maybe I don't have a right to be pissed off about the fact that the beta for the OS was out for so many months before it came out and Serato drags their figurative feet every year. Maybe my situation is not that common. Maybe I'm the only guy on earth who needs to keep his machine up to date and doesn't own another laptop.

But maybe I'm not pissed off about that. Maybe I'm still pissed off about the fact that they didn't support Yosemite until version 1.7.2 - three months after Yosemite was released. And that even after the OS was "supported", they didn't actually get my NS7 II working properly until two versions after that - a full seven months after Yosemite was released. And maybe now that I see The OS isn't supported, I'm pretty that this controller is basically going to sit here collecting dust for another 6 months unless I buy another laptop. Really, I'm not trying to be an ass here. But "buy another laptop or don't upgrade until we tell you to" is not really the world the rest of us live in.

You are free to play the Victim role or you can choose to be a proactive professional.
The choice is always yours.
Martin Ebert 10:42 AM - 18 October, 2015
I don't know what other Macbook´s have for hardware inside? But i have brought me a second hard drive for 49€ and installed OS X Yosemite on it. If I need Serato for Mixing Music, i change the Drive. It took me 5 minutes.
Now i could use both systems and i have enough space for music.
The best thing is, i could test every Serato update without danger.
Neil Anthony 6:01 AM - 20 October, 2015
I just wanna share also I'm Neil from Philippines, ( Bedroom Dj )... Currently I'm Still on Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.6.... Serato and even scratch live didnt have problems at all even using SL Box.... Have a nice day..

Macbook Core i5, 8 gig ram, 240 SSD on Boot Disk and another disk 500gb with caddy.
pdidy 6:15 AM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
Currently I'm Still on Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.6.... Serato and even scratch live didnt have problems at all even using SL Box.... Have a nice day..

So am I and im a professional dj. I refuse to update and I use scratchlive, itch, intro, serato dj, SL1, rane 57, rane 62, VCI-300, DDJ-sx2.......Flawlessly.
Peace.Maker 10:24 AM - 20 October, 2015
I updated to El Capitan and both softwares, Final Scratch as well as Serato DJ seemed to work but after a while I kept having gaps in between the tracks. every other minute there was an interruption as if the track stopped and then picked up playing again....on both softwares.
I use SL3 by the way.

I don't see why I should downgrade my operating system because this is a pain in the ass and I might loose data.

I would appreciate a swift quality solution from the Serato developers. I payed almost a thousand bucks for the SL3 so I count on your support.
pdidy 2:30 PM - 20 October, 2015
Peace.Maker , I guess you did not read the thread you were not supposed to update to eL capitan yet. this was your mistake not serato.

You only need to downgrade to fix it, if it's too much of a problem or not important to you than leave it like it is.
DjGiovanni 7:53 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
Peace.Maker , I guess you did not read the thread you were not supposed to update to eL capitan yet. this was your mistake not serato.

You only need to downgrade to fix it, if it's too much of a problem or not important to you than leave it like it is.

Pdidy (talk about originality).
Since you are such a professional DJ and are ahead of the pack here since you did not upgrade to El Capitan and are currently problem free, you have no business in this forum, certainly not so you can bash and criticize every other user looking to give the Serato folks the feedback they need to report all the bugs currently had on the upgrade.
On the real brother, either leave or don't comment. You apparently have your life figured and with no fault and are looking to feel better about yourself by putting down this Dj community be it amateur or professional. We are all different and very much unlike you. Nobody cares about the OS you are currently using or your negative comments. So please, go play some top 40 and keep your self busy elsewhere.

Please, I invite everyone, bedroom, amateur, beginner, and professional DJ experiencing all sorts of problems with OS X El Capitan and Serato DJ, whatever version you are using to continue providing this necessary feedback to Serato. It is thanks to the folks like you that Serato is able to troubleshoot any and all bugs and offer us in the end the stability on the software we all come to expect.

It is no secret that the Serato team is slow in adopting new OS's all in the name of stability, but I ask the team to please expedite and present to all in timely fashion a fix via an update.

Thank you gentlemen.
Regards,
a professional of 30 years, but very "HUMBLE" DJ.
pdidy 10:24 PM - 20 October, 2015
@ DjGiovanni,

Your ignorance is truly astonishing, I don't think you're capable of comprehending the reason that I am here even if I explain it to you in simple English. You're clearly in no position to be handing out any types of advice because you have a lot to learn. You may not like my delivery but there's a lot you can learn from me. Now sit your humble ass down, stop talking and pay attention.
DeShawy 11:24 PM - 20 October, 2015
Je change logiciel! ...I don't believe in it! The apple support suggest me el Captain.... CHAOS\
Neil Anthony 4:01 AM - 21 October, 2015
I'll still stick to my Mountain Lion 10.8.6 OS X........ Anyways, we have our own choice that we want... So far, so good. No problems on any dj software, no problems to any controllers in terms of connectivity issue... Lets just wait till final release by SERATO admins. As long as my OS X still supported by serato, i'll stick to it... God Bless.....
DJ Xandy Oliveira 2:10 AM - 22 October, 2015
I there ? I was runnig Serato DJ 1.7.8 / EL Captain 10.11.1 / pioneer ddj sx .. And serato is shutting down... Before that everything was running good.. Someone can help me ??!
smallz 2:19 AM - 22 October, 2015
Can't Understand Why is it taking so long to upgrade to El capitan to compatibility with Serato and the DDJSZ?

The Beta Version of El Capitan was available to developers weeks before the release to the general public?

Who dropped the ball on this?
wisedude 3:24 AM - 22 October, 2015
Does anyone has a problem playing Scarch Live on El Capitan?

I have a problem adjusting the pitch (only to the left deck) from my CDJ. For example, a song has a 100bpm but it only show half of the original bpm (50bmp) when I loaded that song to the left deck.

This issue will not occur on Serato DJ.

Will appreciate any help from you people.

Thanks.
DJ Romeo
AYANX #234 3:42 AM - 22 October, 2015
just using scratch live dude ..
pdidy 4:50 AM - 22 October, 2015
Quote:
Can't Understand Why is it taking so long to upgrade to El capitan to compatibility with Serato and the DDJSZ?

The Beta Version of El Capitan was available to developers weeks before the release to the general public?

Who dropped the ball on this?

Good question and the answer is Apple.....I've been patiently waiting for someone to ask...lol

1. El Capitan was broken in compatibility with serato from beta to official release.

2. SERATO, RANE, PIONEER, NI, TRAKTOR AND NUMARK all affect with compatibility issues with El Capitan.
A. dj.rane.com
B. www.pioneerdj.com
C. www.numark.com
D. www.native-instruments.com

3. Apple is aware of the issue and is in the process of repairing it with a Beta (Rumored) to be coming soon. To my knowledge there is no official date for the Fix to be released by apple.

Therefore anyone who has alleged that serato is at fault here is providing you misinformation. SERATO, RANE, PIONEER, NI, TRAKTOR AND NUMARK are all waiting for apple.

Now once Apple has release a working fix that has been tested over a period of time and proven to work by Serato, Then and only then will it be supported.

Common sense states......This can not be rushed if you expect a quality product by Serato.
MSamson 6:36 PM - 22 October, 2015
My Pioneer DDJ-SR is working with El Capitan
dj.redz.bahamas 8:43 PM - 22 October, 2015
Anyone gave anything a test today since OSX 10.11.1 (the first update for El Capitan) is available for download. I haven't plugged up to the DDJ-SX as yet to see if it will work. However other programs I've been using like Audition CS6 (which went haywire with crashes after the 10.11 update) now works as it did before. Hopefully that's a good sign.
carsongrdn 9:13 PM - 22 October, 2015
Quote:
Anyone gave anything a test today since OSX 10.11.1 (the first update for El Capitan) is available for download. I haven't plugged up to the DDJ-SX as yet to see if it will work. However other programs I've been using like Audition CS6 (which went haywire with crashes after the 10.11 update) now works as it did before. Hopefully that's a good sign.

I was hoping the El Capitan update would resolved our issues but no it didn't work...
pdidy 9:14 PM - 22 October, 2015
support.apple.com
"Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly."
baisoku 9:14 PM - 22 October, 2015
You can get Serato DJ to work with El Capitan by disabling SIP as a workaround.

(from www.macworld.com)

Follow these steps to disable SIP:

1. Restart your Mac.
2. Before OS X starts up, hold down Command-R and keep it held down until you see an Apple icon and a progress bar. Release. This boots you into Recovery.
3. From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
4. At the prompt type exactly the following and then press Return: csrutil disable
5. Terminal should display a message that SIP was disabled.
6. From the  menu, select Restart.
You can re-enable SIP by following the above steps, but using csrutil enable instead.
BMACadelic 11:51 PM - 22 October, 2015
Quote:

(from www.macworld.com)

1. Restart your Mac.
2. Before OS X starts up, hold down Command-R and keep it held down until you see an Apple icon and a progress bar. Release. This boots you into Recovery.
4. At the prompt type exactly the following and then press Return: csrutil disable
You can re-enable SIP by following the above steps, but using csrutil enable instead.

Sorry to say but this did NOT work for me. I was REALLLLLLY hoping it would. :-/
pdidy 11:57 PM - 22 October, 2015
^^^^more testers needed !!! thanks BMACadelic
BMACadelic 12:02 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
^^^^more testers needed !!! thanks BMACadelic

No problem, man. I wish it was a positive test instead of a negative one but no such luck. Looks like I'll be using the old laptop with Yosemite and a portable USB drive until we find a fix... *rolls eyes*
baisoku 12:35 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

(from www.macworld.com)

1. Restart your Mac.

Sorry to say but this did NOT work for me. I was REALLLLLLY hoping it would. :-/

Sorry this didn't work for you, but it's definitely working for me on my MacBook Pro (Early 2011) with El Capitan and Vestax VCI-300.
BMACadelic 1:11 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

(from www.macworld.com)

1. Restart your Mac.

Sorry this didn't work for you, but it's definitely working for me on my MacBook Pro (Early 2011) with El Capitan and Vestax VCI-300.

I'll give it another go but definitely could not get my Numark NS6 to be recognized by Serato DJ with my MacBook Pro (Late 2013) and OS X 10.11.1. The Numark NS6 works flawlessly on Yosemite on my other laptop, but downgrading isn't a viable option for me for the main laptop with El Capitan. I'll let you know how the re-attempt goes. Thanks for letting me know that it did, indeed, work for you!
pdidy 1:26 AM - 23 October, 2015
unfortunately since Vestax went under they can not "officially "confirm if the unsupported VCI-300 is affected with the el capitan issue :(
BMACadelic 2:51 AM - 23 October, 2015
Just to confirm - gave disabling the SIP another go and still had no luck. Hoping for a fix sooner rather than later!
Bloodaxe 12:59 PM - 23 October, 2015
Hi All.
I am using a numark NV with a 13 inch 2011 macbook pro. It seemed ok for a while but when I entered a crate, the whole setup crashed. Firstly the screens froze on the NV and the highlighting changed colour. Shortly after, the mac froze as well. The only solution was a reboot.
Just wondering if you guys at serato have a ball park date for when some sort of update to sort this issue with El Capitan and Windows 10 will be sorted.I hate to push, but this is close to a busy time of year for us DJ`s
Thanks.
Martin Ebert 11:00 PM - 24 October, 2015
My SL2 is working under El Capitan since the new update 10.11.1 and the serato beta version. I think it will work fine now. ;)
Askewd 11:29 PM - 24 October, 2015
And the lesson here is to wait a few months before doing an OS X update.

Guess who's still gigging flawlessly.
carsongrdn 1:40 AM - 25 October, 2015
Dude this forum is not for you stop showing off (Askewd)
Askewd 11:28 AM - 25 October, 2015
Those that do not remember history are condemned to repeat it.

The same thing happened when Yosemite came out.

I'm not calling everyone that upgraded an idiot. (Although it doesn't mean that they're not.) I'm just saying that Serato needs to step up their shit and be testing it when the Developer's Release comes out for OS X. That way, when the update comes out they already have a patch for it if it needs it.
Hurricane Productions 3:31 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have tested all SL boxes in clubs on Scratch Live and it works fine on El Capitan! JUst not Serato DJ!

This confirmation is much appreciated. Scratch Live users thank you.
jlaskin 1:31 AM - 26 October, 2015
Scratch live had intermittent hiccups with music as well in El Capitan with Denon HC 4500 and MEP 7000 Pioneer controllers. After downloading latest Mac OS 10.9.1 and Serato DJ betas, hiccups in music are gone and everything plays nice together for now at least!
rrick 5:47 PM - 26 October, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm having troubles as well. My serato works perfect when its not connected to sl2. Once I connect it there are random glitches and skips in the tracks. Before reading all these problems el capitan is causing, I bought a new USB cord and searched for corrupted files to try and resolve the issue. Does anyone have any other solutions or advise meantime ?
pdidy 6:09 PM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
Hello everyone, I'm having troubles as well. My serato works perfect when its not connected to sl2. Once I connect it there are random glitches and skips in the tracks. Before reading all these problems el capitan is causing, I bought a new USB cord and searched for corrupted files to try and resolve the issue. Does anyone have any other solutions or advise meantime ?

yes there were at least 2 solutions mentioned here.
rrick 9:12 PM - 26 October, 2015
Yea, I made an attempt and did both. Unfortunately they didn't work for me. Im unable to update to 2.5 live either.
pdidy 11:06 PM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
Yea, I made an attempt and did both. Unfortunately they didn't work for me. Im unable to update to 2.5 live either.

can you explain what they were and why they did not work ?
rrick 11:33 PM - 26 October, 2015
Reverting back to Yosemite, and disabling SIP. I disabled my MacBook Pro first. It didn't recognize the sl2 rane when I plugged it in. I tried plugging it in in both drives. Now, I have reverted back to Yosemite it has the same glitches and skips. I backed up serato live and crates exactly how they were during El Capitan. I'm not sure is that the problem now or if something is just defected now. Something that did help a bit was changing the buffer setting to 15.
pdidy 12:14 AM - 27 October, 2015
did you do a clean install and wipe the computer before installing Yosemite ?

what OS were you using prior to updating to el capitan ?
dj dee smooth 3:13 AM - 27 October, 2015
When is this shit going to come to an end????????
We almost in 2016 and we still living in caves This issue between serato and El Capitan should be fix by now This is B.S. 3 weeks i am waiting and all I read is more and more complains, come on serato get this issues fix already. Why we have to go through this
Some people can reverse there mac to Yosemite some others can't. Thats not the point. The point is this....
This shouldn't be happening.
Stop trying to turn back your mac. Just keep on complaining to serato all day long.
rrick 3:17 AM - 27 October, 2015
No, I don't think I did a full clean and wipe the computer. I used time machine and rebooted it back to early August. I was on IOS 10.8
bsteezy 4:27 AM - 27 October, 2015
I'm running a Rane 62, and Scratch Live on OS X Yosemite. Currently running reliably with no problems.

Would it be stupid to upgrade to El Capitan? I enjoy running my laptop with the most up to date software, and have been excited to upgrade. I play live about once a week, and debating whether to play it safe or not.
bsteezy 4:27 AM - 27 October, 2015
I'm running a Rane 62, and Scratch Live on OS X Yosemite. Currently running reliably with no problems.

Would it be stupid to upgrade to El Capitan? I enjoy running my laptop with the most up to date software, and have been excited to upgrade. I play live about once a week, and debating whether to play it safe or not.
Dj Jaro 5:16 AM - 27 October, 2015
My 2 cents....

Serato's dev team needs to get their hands on the beta versions of the Operating Systems more commonly used with Serato software and stay one step ahead of the game. When new OSs are released we should be able to update knowing Serato has our back!

#JustSaying
pdidy 7:20 AM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
We almost in 2016 and we still living in caves This issue between serato and El Capitan should be fix by now This is B.S. 3 weeks i am waiting and all I read is more and more complains, come on serato get this issues fix already. Why we have to go through this
Some people can reverse there mac to Yosemite some others can't. Thats not the point. The point is this....
Stop trying to turn back your mac. Just keep on complaining to serato all day long.

Had you taken the time to READ You would realize how bad your advise was but I'm guessing you refuse to read anything anyway.....lol
pdidy 7:42 AM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:

Would it be stupid to upgrade to El Capitan?

Yes

But if you don't care about DJing and care more about having a new operating system go right ahead and update. :)
pdidy 7:48 AM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
No, I don't think I did a full clean and wipe the computer. I used time machine and rebooted it back to early August. I was on IOS 10.8

Most people have had no issues with Time Machine and It got them back up and running but I guess at this point you have no choice but to wipe ,clean install if you are a working DJ need to be running by this weekend. And of course you should save your current Time Machine backup.
dj dee smooth 4:22 PM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Had you taken the time to READ You would realize how bad your advise was but I'm guessing you refuse to read anything anyway.....lol

Hey Einstein. I try and it don't work. I cant go back to Yosemite. Never backed up and in order to go back to Yosemite i have to wipe my mac clean I am still able to mix do to additional macbook pro 2015 i own. But my main computer is the 5k.
People still complaining about this. Now is it working for you????
pdidy 8:09 PM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:

The problem is you don't read so you don't know why it's going on or what you're talking about.
Quote:
Some people can reverse there mac to Yosemite some others can't.

Anybody can revert back if they take the time to learn, you just don't know how to do it properly.
Quote:
The point is this....

Right it should not be happening because you should not have updated to el capitan.
Quote:

So you're telling people to stop trying to fix their computers and just complain while losing money from gigs when you have a back up laptop and won't lose any money from gigs. That's pretty fucked up and the reason no one should listen to you.
dj dee smooth 8:21 PM - 27 October, 2015
What I am saying is. This is bull shit and it shouldn't be happening. People try to reverse there macs and some people just don't have the knowledge to do so or they just scare to do it wrong. This matter should be fix by now. Is up to serato and apple to fix this issue. If people paly with there mac's they can make it worst if they not 100% sure what they doing. So what I am saying is complain till this is fix. Serato supposed to be a plug and play program. Lot of people pay to use the full version. Is not fair to all of us to be have to go through this. People don't have to do what I say. It just my opinion. This is an all day long. I don't have the time to play with my mac and after 4 hours end up in the same spot.... This is just me. Like I said I own a MacBook Pro on Yosemite. But my main mac is the 5k. Thats the one I upgraded to El Capitan.
pdidy 9:12 PM - 27 October, 2015
Can you explain what the issue is with El Capitan in detail ?
dj dee smooth 9:24 PM - 27 October, 2015
My ddj sz gold is plugged in to the 5k and it doesn't recognize it. I can't eve open my files thats the pronlem
pdidy 9:30 PM - 27 October, 2015
Can you explain what the issue is between Serato and El Capitan and why we are waiting ?
pdidy 9:36 PM - 27 October, 2015
What is Serato policy for testing beta operating systems and why ?
dj dee smooth 9:37 PM - 27 October, 2015
How do I know. My ddj sz is not being recognized by El Capitan. Thats all I know. Is it working on you computer??????? I downloaded some files from ddj sz into the 5k to see if it works and nothing. So you tell me what is te problem. I don't like to go back and forward here.
pdidy 10:00 PM - 27 October, 2015
Quote:
How do I know. My ddj sz is not being recognized by El Capitan. Thats all I know. Is it working on you computer??????? I downloaded some files from ddj sz into the 5k to see if it works and nothing. So you tell me what is te problem. I don't like to go back and forward here.

In order for us to have an intelligent conversation you would first need to know the answers to those questions or else I might as well be talking to a wall.

So the question of the day is are you willing to read in order to figure out the answers or do you prefer not to know anything ?
dj dee smooth 10:32 PM - 27 October, 2015
Ok. I am reading. How do I get this to work
I looked at the serato website and it said Serato don't support e capitan.
dj dee smooth 2:16 AM - 28 October, 2015
Got it working. Finally
rrick 12:13 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Got it working. Finally[/quote
What did you do ????????
dj dee smooth 12:34 PM - 28 October, 2015
First back up ur music and what ever file you need or consider important.
Important: To reinstall OS X, you must be connected to the Internet.
In the menu bar, choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command and R keys.

Select Disk Utility, then click Continue.

Select your startup disk on the left, then click the Erase tab.

Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, then click Erase.

Important: Erasing the disk removes all the information from the disk. Be sure to back up the information you want to keep to an external device.
After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.

Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. This El Capitan is taking to long.
Good luck.
DJ_Haydo 3:06 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
First back up ur music and what ever file you need or consider important.
Important: To reinstall OS X, you must be connected to the Internet.
In the menu bar, choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command and R keys.

Select Disk Utility, then click Continue.

Select your startup disk on the left, then click the Erase tab.

Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, then click Erase.

Important: Erasing the disk removes all the information from the disk. Be sure to back up the information you want to keep to an external device.
After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.

Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. This El Capitan is taking to long.
Good luck.

To clarify, did you re-install Yosemite, or just do a fresh re-install of El Captian? If you just did a fresh re-install of El Capitan and that helped, it might be worth a try.

I would love to re-install Yosemite, but the download file is not appearing in my App Store, which makes it seem like Apple has removed our ability to load it. If that's the case, even if I got my hands on a Yosemite installer file, it would fail at the point where it connects to the Internet to complete the installation.
dj dee smooth 3:11 PM - 28 October, 2015
Reinstall Yosemite. El Capitan is not compatible with serato and only god knows when it will....
If you not sure what to do call Apple store customer service there has been a lot of call for the same issue
Is a shame we have to do all this. But as for now is the only way to go
Good luck.
pdidy 5:30 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
Reinstall Yosemite. El Capitan is not compatible with serato and only god knows when it will....
If you not sure what to do call Apple store customer service there has been a lot of call for the same issue
Is a shame we have to do all this. But as for now is the only way to go
Good luck.

I'm glad to see you made a positive effort and got your system back up and running. It's also great that you're helping other people do the same.
pdidy 5:31 PM - 28 October, 2015
How to Downgrade to OS X Yosemite from El Capitan

Rolling back your operating system

If you have already updated to OS X El Capitan you may be able to roll back to a previous operating system. You may want to roll back if you are DJing as a job, in a live situation or just need a stable version. Please note, the following guide is from a third-party site for information purposes only. Following the steps is done so at your own risk.

www.gottabemobile.com

If you do require Serato DJ for business purposes, it is recommend you stay with a supported operating system.
dj dee smooth 6:04 PM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
How to Downgrade to OS X Yosemite from El Capitan

Rolling back your operating system

If you have already updated to OS X El Capitan you may be able to roll back to a previous operating system. You may want to roll back if you are DJing as a job, in a live situation or just need a stable version. Please note, the following guide is from a third-party site for information purposes only. Following the steps is done so at your own risk.

www.gottabemobile.com

If you do require Serato DJ for business purposes, it is recommend you stay with a supported operating system.

I posted step by step how to do it as the apple representative told me over the phone. I want everyone to be able to enjoy what they love to do......
My ddj sz gold is running. Thanks have a great day
DJ Fugitive 4:03 AM - 30 October, 2015
I am having a issue with Scratch just giving me a black screen when I try to open it
Longnely 1:57 PM - 30 October, 2015
Serato Dj did not work with Pioneer DJM 900 SRT, have trouble. El Capitan
pdidy 11:05 PM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
Serato Dj did not work with Pioneer DJM 900 SRT, have trouble. El Capitan

Revert back to Yosemite.
DJchance 11:29 PM - 31 October, 2015
This is an epic fail Rane....
dazzel79 5:08 PM - 1 November, 2015
can anyone advise how to upgrade osx 10.6.8 to maverick without the upgrade to el captain
pdidy 11:27 PM - 1 November, 2015
Quote:
This is an epic fail Rane....

lol
you dont know what you're talking about, rane had nothing to do with this.
AntAlrdy 7:56 PM - 2 November, 2015
I've tried downgrading to Yosemite via the Usb method (as i hadn't done a backup in a while) and its failed every time. Fortunately i have CD's still from before i started using Serato and have been doing ok with them for a month now but now i'm a bit bored and miss using Serato!

How long left?!
DJBUSHUSA 4:17 PM - 3 November, 2015
NEED THE EL CAPITAN UPDATE FOR NS6 ASAP.
RodrigoVolta 5:43 PM - 3 November, 2015
Quote:
can anyone advise how to upgrade osx 10.6.8 to maverick without the upgrade to el captain

If you never updated your system, Apple will only provide you the El Capitan for download. However, you can go to the App Store > My Purchases and see it appears the OSX you want in the list. If not, then you'll need to get the app with a friend who has previously downloaded, build a pendrive with Disk Maker X in Macintosh's friend, boot your Mac, put pendrive and update it.
hally_b18 3:06 PM - 4 November, 2015
pm me if you want the yosemite install. ill give you a download link
DJ HENRY G 4:06 PM - 6 November, 2015
if you could send me the link i would appreciate it
RodrigoVolta 4:15 PM - 6 November, 2015
DDJ-S1 + ITCH / SDJ 1.8 + El Capitan running fine for 5 hours! No glitches, no hungs, no bugs!!

El Capitan 10.11.1 fresh install by pendrive.
Deejay Nuyo 2:53 AM - 7 November, 2015
UPDATE FOR SERATO DJ's

THE APPLE STORE IS WILLING TO DOWNGRADE COMPLETELY FREE.

You have to make an appointment with their techs. You just need to make sure that you're computer is backed up on an external hard drive first. Otherwise you will lose your things guaranteed. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

DJ Nuyo
PrLion 1:50 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
DDJ-S1 + ITCH / SDJ 1.8 + El Capitan running fine for 5 hours! No glitches, no hungs, no bugs!!

did you try with pioneer 2000 nexus?
dj dee smooth 2:22 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Whats good Serato + el capitan = none compatible
Look it up on serato website........ Maybe if you really dig in to the OS you could get it to work..... But why do through all that. Is to risky. Downgrade to Yosemite and worry free...... Wait till serato and el Capitan be full compatible to do the upgrade.........
Everyday people ask the same question when the answer is right there........
PrLion 3:43 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Look it up on serato website........ Maybe if you really dig in to the OS you could get it to work..... But why do through all that. Is to risky. Downgrade to Yosemite and worry free...... Wait till serato and el Capitan be full compatible to do the upgrade.........

I'm read it. but he wrote it work... and nobody don't write when will they do upgrade.. all my programs on EL Capitan. i can't do downgrade because i don't have copy on time machine ((((
dj dee smooth 3:56 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm read it. but he wrote it work... and nobody don't write when will they do upgrade.. all my programs on EL Capitan. i can't do downgrade because i don't have copy on time machine ((((

If you read one of my previous post you'll see it can be done.... I did it and I post step by step how to do it.....
If you don't understand call Apple support and they can guide you..... Good luck. Read one of my last post.
Stevie_D 11:49 PM - 7 November, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have Serato Scratch Live 2.5 and a Rane TTM57 - I just upgraded to OSX El Capitan (accidentally- yes I know, a HUGE mistake) and now Serato is not working.

Some people are saying that Scratch Live DOES work with El Capitan- but mine does not. I tried deleting the SeratoScratchDriver.kext file and that did not work. Besides downgrading back to Yosemite are there any other options?

Thanks for any help.
DJFUME_CZ 2:16 AM - 8 November, 2015
Hi everyone,

I use El Capitan since release with my MBP 2015 and Akai AMX. If to be honest, I didn't really notice there is such problem. Probably, it appears with DVS upgrade, I don't know. But when I came to my gig at the bar with DDJ-SZ installed I couldn't make it work with my Serato. The driver showed some message like " i doesn't work properly" or something like that. Serato was showing "Error: Can't load the sound driver".

So what I decided is to go back home, take my AMX and play from it. I thought it's something wrong with that DDJ because I was playing on halloween with AKAI and CDJs just fine. Then, I tried to connect both AMX and DDJ-SZ to Serato together and see what happens. DDJ- SZ started to work as a midi controller ( like cdj 2000). I guess AMX is my solution until Serato starts to support el Capitan.

Moreover, I just recently checked, neither Recordbox, nor Traktor work with el Capitan. So it is a problem with Serato not with Pioneer as tractor uses it's own NI hardware. If Serato will be able to solve the issue to this problem first, I'll buy DVS and continue with Serato, if NI will be first I'll go with their Kontrol and use Traktor Scratch pro 2. Either way Ill be in profit.

P.S. I think it would be more ethical if Serato will post that there is the problem with el Capitan on their main page with big letters. I think so because, I know starting DJ who use el Capitan and he has just assembled cash for ddj as the first equipment and it doesn't work. He can't use it. Downgrading is not an option cuz he needs to manually transfer his data to external HDD and then downgrade. I had experience doing so before and I lost around 200 tracks from my library. I don't know why. So for now it is either buy akai for extra buck, or wait for solution. The experience for him is already spoiled.
Mr Slimz 12:24 PM - 8 November, 2015
This is now a JOKE... I went to my Apple store and they can only roll back to 10.7 i need 10.8 to run serato.

I didn't roll back because they will charge £14.99 for for OS 10.8, that's wrong we should not have to pay.

10.11 was released in Oct, it is now November what is the hold up ???

This is Some BS !!!
carsongrdn 5:14 PM - 8 November, 2015
Quote:
This is now a JOKE... I went to my Apple store and they can only roll back to 10.7 i need 10.8 to run serato.

I didn't roll back because they will charge £14.99 for for OS 10.8, that's wrong we should not have to pay.

10.11 was released in Oct, it is now November what is the hold up ???

This is Some BS !!!

I agree with you Mr Slimz this shit is Ridiculous...
PrLion 8:56 AM - 9 November, 2015
Why Serato don't write anything about updates or news about their work on the serato dj for El Capitan? It's not professional
pdidy 9:37 AM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Why Serato don't write anything about updates or news about their work on the serato dj for El Capitan? It's not professional

They have but only the professionals have access clearance to the top-secret information.....

What is your current Security clearance level ?
RodrigoVolta 1:08 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

No. Pioneer DDJ-S1 and SX/SX2 only was tested.
PrLion 4:03 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

They have but only the professionals have access clearance to the top-secret information.....

What is your current Security clearance level ?

I don't know.. it is possible? )))))
Stevie_D 5:58 PM - 9 November, 2015
I posted this on their Facebook page:

Dear Serato,

I will preface my post by stating that I am solely responsible for making the mistake of updating my operating system to El Captian without going to your website or checking your social channels first.

Now, to you. Your company continues to maintain its position as the industry standard for DJ equipment. Anybody who is anybody in the DJ or production industry uses Serato or at least knows of the program. That’s a lot of people. I would be willing to bet that most of your customers use an OS X-based operating system, and even if only half of them are Mac users, you knew this. You knew that (tens of) thousands of DJs and producers who depend on the reliability of Serato would be distraught if they made the mistake of updating their operating system to El Capitan- which is not compatible with Serato. And what is your response:

"Due to El Capitan causing a lot of audio connection problems the OS X is not currently supported. We require hardware partners to create new drivers before we can offer support but this support will only be available in Serato DJ as Scratch Live is now discontinued. Please read the below article to roll back to a previous OS X as this really the only viable option."

This is embarrassing. As the industry standard, your company, brand, and executives should be absolutely embarrassed for not being able to keep up with advances in technology. You knew the OS X update was coming months before it even launched its beta version, now we're months past the actual release of El Capitan and all you can do is provide such a terribly articulated, canned response.

And your solution? Completely reset your computer and downgrade back to Yosemite. Your team understands the risks associated with this (your customers potentially losing all of their data) and you still offer this up as the best option.

I have a solution- how about your team and the 'hardware partners' you're working with get to work. Put more time and resources into figuring out an answer to this massive problem you've created by being unprepared for something you knew was coming. How about providing a level of transparency into the process to keep your loyal customer base updated with any progress that is being made. Now months into this, you’ve yet to provide any sort of timeline for the upgrade, thus keeping us in a state of frustration and uncertainty.

But, wait… Could this all be to your benefit? For those of us who currently use Serato Scratch Live with the TTM57 SL (or any older hardware), we come to find out that you will no longer be making updates to Scratch Live on El Capitan, only Serato DJ. How convenient that the TTM57 SL doesn’t work with Serato DJ. So after we wait for you to figure out how to solve this problem, we’ll also need to purchase expensive new hardware.

I’ve been scouring the forums on your website for answers, and all I see is an irate user base- the thousands of DJs who now can’t do gigs and make a living because they made the mistake of upgrading their operating system. Moving forward, will your company be able to better adapt to new technology and provide a higher level of customer service?

I guess only time will tell.
RodrigoVolta 6:32 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
I posted this on their Facebook page:

Dear Serato,

I will preface my post by stating that I am solely responsible for making the mistake of updating my operating system to El Captian without going to your website or checking your social channels first.

Now, to you. Your company continues to maintain its position as the industry standard for DJ equipment. Anybody who is anybody in the DJ or production industry uses Serato or at least knows of the program. That’s a lot of people. I would be willing to bet that most of your customers use an OS X-based operating system, and even if only half of them are Mac users, you knew this. You knew that (tens of) thousands of DJs and producers who depend on the reliability of Serato would be distraught if they made the mistake of updating their operating system to El Capitan- which is not compatible with Serato. And what is your response:

"Due to El Capitan causing a lot of audio connection problems the OS X is not currently supported. We require hardware partners to create new drivers before we can offer support but this support will only be available in Serato DJ as Scratch Live is now discontinued. Please read the below article to roll back to a previous OS X as this really the only viable option."

This is embarrassing. As the industry standard, your company, brand, and executives should be absolutely embarrassed for not being able to keep up with advances in technology. You knew the OS X update was coming months before it even launched its beta version, now we're months past the actual release of El Capitan and all you can do is provide such a terribly articulated, canned response.

And your solution? Completely reset your computer and downgrade back to Yosemite. Your team understands the risks associated with this (your customers potentially losing all of their data) and you still offer this up as the best option.

I have a solution- how about your team and the 'hardware partners' you're working with get to work. Put more time and resources into figuring out an answer to this massive problem you've created by being unprepared for something you knew was coming. How about providing a level of transparency into the process to keep your loyal customer base updated with any progress that is being made. Now months into this, you’ve yet to provide any sort of timeline for the upgrade, thus keeping us in a state of frustration and uncertainty.

But, wait… Could this all be to your benefit? For those of us who currently use Serato Scratch Live with the TTM57 SL (or any older hardware), we come to find out that you will no longer be making updates to Scratch Live on El Capitan, only Serato DJ. How convenient that the TTM57 SL doesn’t work with Serato DJ. So after we wait for you to figure out how to solve this problem, we’ll also need to purchase expensive new hardware.

I’ve been scouring the forums on your website for answers, and all I see is an irate user base- the thousands of DJs who now can’t do gigs and make a living because they made the mistake of upgrading their operating system. Moving forward, will your company be able to better adapt to new technology and provide a higher level of customer service?

I guess only time will tell.

WOW!!! That's all!!!

I agree with you in gender and grade!

Serato has never been to prepare their software for new systems. Always take long for it. I remember the time when the Yosemite was made available for update. Many people still used the Mountain Lion and were afraid to update. Serato has just released a version of SDJ officially compatible with OSX when the first BETA version of El Capitan were already being made available (beginning of 2015). Now, as a company these can not hearken to start work on the BETA versions for when the official is released, your software is already compatible? It presents solutions "kamikaze" for the customer "burn head" to solve something that was not a problem!! Many people here do not have sufficient computer skills to downgrade systems, backups, etc. as has been suggested here and end up seriously damaging their jobs.

After the El Capitan was launched, many apps were updated automatically, almost a week later. Third-party apps that did not come directly from the App Store! And the best: many are FOR FREE !!

It amazes me to know that a renowned company as Serato no worries about this and presents amateur solutions to their customers!

I already disappointed too much about the Serato from the moment that they never showed compatibility solutions for my DDJ-S1 controller (many claims have been made since the launch of the SDJ and almost none were answered).

Unlike companies such as Native Instruments or Atomix presenting solutions and compatibility of their short-term software (I can tell because they already had equipment using Traktor and VirtualDJ and possess license for them today).

Anyway, I think Serato should look better for it, strive to meet the problem-solving rather than getting swelling the software with functions that a minority of DJs use.
RodrigoVolta 6:40 PM - 9 November, 2015
I am using EL CAPITAN 10.11.1 with SERATO DJ 1.8 and ITCH 2.2.2 + PIONEER DDJ-S1/SX/SX2 and NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM for hour. My last gig was 7 hours uninterrupted. No lags, no glitches, no dropouts!

But.... I made a FRESH INSTALLATION by USB key, no UPGRADE from Yosemite!!! I made it because Yosemite was running slow.
RodrigoVolta 7:29 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Hey everyone,

I have Serato Scratch Live 2.5 and a Rane TTM57 - I just upgraded to OSX El Capitan (accidentally- yes I know, a HUGE mistake) and now Serato is not working.

Some people are saying that Scratch Live DOES work with El Capitan- but mine does not. I tried deleting the SeratoScratchDriver.kext file and that did not work. Besides downgrading back to Yosemite are there any other options?

Thanks for any help.

Hey, you CAN make a downgrade!!! But..... not is too easy.

First, make a full backup from your documents, musics, movies and pics folders that you have in your Mac. NOT USE TIMEMACHINE BECAUSE IT NOT IS DOWNGRADABLE!!!

1)- Go to AppStore > My Purchases. Check if Yosemite app is showed in list. If YES, click it and click OK on warning message and download it.
2)- Download DISKMAKER X (last version) diskmakerx.com
3)- Take a empity USB key with at least 8GB.
4)- Run DISKMAKER X. Click on the YOSEMITE BUTTON.
5)- See the informations on the screen. Put your admin password when was prompited.
6)- Wait the process finish (take a popcorn and watch a movie... rs).
7)- When the process finish, a warning window will be showed and a Yosemite icon will be showed instead of the USB key icon.
8)- All OK, restart your Mac.
9)- Press OPTION key and hold pressed until you see a bootable units.
10)- Click on the YOSEMITE installation and wait.
11)- In install screen, click on Disk Utility.
12)- Select your harddisk and select ERASE/CLEAN disk. Wait.
13)- Select your HD and MAKE A NEW PARTITION (Apple Jornalied - GUID Type). Wait - generaly, the default is selected.
14)- Close the Utility and start a Yosemite installation.
15)- Select your harddisk to install.
16)- Follow the informations on the screen and wait, wait for a long time...

I hope that it can be useful.
pdidy 7:37 PM - 9 November, 2015
@ Stevie_D and RodrigoVolta both of you are clueless, for future reference always research before getting up on your soapbox and making a fool of yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself gentleman and ask questions first.
Mr Slimz 10:20 PM - 9 November, 2015
Has anyone had success with downgrade, I'm getting desperate !!
pdidy 10:24 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:

What exactly do you need to know about downgrading ?
Mr Slimz 10:35 PM - 9 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

What exactly do you need to know about downgrading ?

I want to go back to Yos, but haven't used time machine and not sure what I need to save on my hard drive. I only have Serato on my Mac.

If I wipe the Mac will it save my creates and library ??

Will I need to install Serato again ??

Will it need to analyse again BPM's, tracks names, cue points basically will I have start all over again

Do you think they will have the update by Dec 12th. My bookings will on from that date abroad !!

Is it worth waiting ??

Come on Pdiddy
pratt the catt 10:16 AM - 10 November, 2015
OK....HERES WHAT I HAVE....MAC BOOK PRO 16 GIG OR RAM...WITH EL CAPTIAN UPDATE 10.11.1.....SCRATCH LIVE 2.5.0......RANE TTM57SL.......THEY SAY ITS NOT COMPATIBLE......I JUS BOOTED MY MACBOOK UP IN 32 BIT.....HOLD DOWN THE NUMBER 3 AND THE NUMBER 2 KEY UNTIL MAC FULLY BOOTS TO SCREEN.....THEN OPEN UP SCRATCH LIVE......LET IT BOOT ALL THE WAY.....CUT ON THE MIXER LET IT FULLY POWER UP......THEN PLUG THE USB CABLE UP......BOTH DECKS COME UP AND PLAY FINE TO ME
pdidy 12:13 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
If I wipe the Mac will it save my creates and library ??

no
Quote:
Will I need to install Serato again ??

yes but thats a minor detail.
Quote:
Will it need to analyse again BPM's, tracks names, cue points basically will I have start all over again

no, all of that can be safely saved/backed up.
Quote:
Do you think they will have the update by Dec 12th. My bookings will on from that date abroad !!

Nobody knows, this is information Serato cannot and will not share for good reason.
Quote:
Is it worth waiting ??

Professional working DJs NEVER WAIT, your first priority is to get your system up and working immediately !

YOUR SAFEST AND EASIEST OPTION FOR DOWNGRADING IS A DUAL BOOT SYSTEM WHICH WILL LEAVES YOUR EL CAPTAIN INSTALLATION INTACT AS WELL AS ALL OF YOUR MUSIC FILES AND SERATO. This option can safely have you up and running in less than an hour But 1st I need to know if you have enough additional space on your hard drive to install Yosemite and music files on a separate partition ? To be safe you will need 20 gigs plus space for music.
RodrigoVolta 1:13 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
@ Stevie_D and RodrigoVolta both of you are clueless, for future reference always research before getting up on your soapbox and making a fool of yourself. Stop embarrassing yourself gentleman and ask questions first.

U are cheeky, man? Clueless are you, get lost! U think the best of all, does not it? Find something to do, rather than to criticize others. The colleague just asked how to make the system downgrade and I just helped him, because I HAVE KNOW HOW TO IT.

FOR ME, EL CAPITAN IS RUNNING VEEERYYYY FIIINEEEE WITH SDJ 1.8 AND ITCH 2.2.2 + PIONEER DDJ-S1, SX AND SX2 and I don't make downgrade to Yosemite never more!!!
I have my data backed up in 3 HDs and I can format my Mac when I want! This does not mean if the guy is or isn't a professional DJ. It does not matter!

It hurts to hear the truth, right, man? The colleague wrote truths about Serato, about how they are slow to do things, far behind other companies like NI and Atomix. Here is a space for opinions and not offenses, OK. If you start well, it also appeals for it!!
DJBUSHUSA 1:18 PM - 10 November, 2015
The software is fine, the driver just needs to be updated perhaps. Could it be possible that Numark needs to be contacted?
DJBUSHUSA 1:19 PM - 10 November, 2015
Speaking about the NS6.
pdidy 8:14 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

U are cheeky, man? Clueless are you, get lost! U think the best of all, does not it? Find something to do, rather than to criticize it!!

Unfortunately your English is quite bad so I can't understand or communicate with you.
RodrigoVolta 11:51 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

U are cheeky, man? Clueless are you, get lost! U think the best of all, does not it? Find something to do, rather than to criticize it!!

Unfortunately your English is quite bad so I can't understand or communicate with you.

Percebe-se que você é uma criatura ignorante mesmo!!! Babaca!!!
Leia no meu idioma nativo então, trouxa!!!
Não tenho inglês fluente, então, para conversar com criaturas ignorantes assim como você, tenho que recorrer a dicionários de idiomas.
Mas é claro, você como um ser ignorante, deve ter entendido parte do que escrevi, por isso respondeu no seu nivel rastejante de entendimento.
São de criaturas como você que o mundo não precisa. Seres ignorantes que ACHAM que sabem das coisas, mas no fundo, só ACHAM mesmo que sabem... Infelizmente... Tenho dó de você!
Então, pra entender o que escrevi, COPY and PASTE no Google e se vire pra entender.
Otário!!!
Stress93 3:37 AM - 12 November, 2015
I use the Rane 62 X El Capitan with Scratch Live and it works. I don't have anything running in the background tho. I also witnessed my friend use the Rane TTM57 MKII with Serato DJ X El Capitan and it worked flawlessly. I'm just putting this out there. I hope there is a resolution soon since Scratch Live is discontinued.
Dj Commotion 3:43 PM - 12 November, 2015
Any update to when El captain will be usable with serato yet?
RodrigoVolta 4:10 PM - 12 November, 2015
Quote:
Any update to when El captain will be usable with serato yet?

Unfortunately we still have no official news...
Cold_Case 6:57 PM - 12 November, 2015
I'll probably catch some flack for this but here goes.

Trying to get into video djing and I'll need a laptop that can handle the work. Was looking at a mac pro but with the issues with el I'm not considering getting an ASUS ROG. Being that this is a mac user issue and there will be bias, can anyone give some valid reasons why I should not purchase a windows based gaming laptop with a dedicated graphics card to do this work, rather than a macbook pro that does not have a compatible operating system? I'm not being sarcastic I really do want to make the right choice.
thejone 4:48 AM - 14 November, 2015
Any time frame on this El Capitan compatibility?
I'm trapped on El Capitan and can't go backwards, and am unable to use Serato! Frustrating!
pdidy 1:46 PM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:

Trying to get into video djing and I'll need a laptop that can handle the work. Was looking at a mac pro but with the issues with el I'm not considering getting an ASUS ROG. Being that this is a mac user issue and there will be bias, can anyone give some valid reasons why I should not purchase a windows based gaming laptop with a dedicated graphics card to do this work, rather than a macbook pro that does not have a compatible operating system? I'm not being sarcastic I really do want to make the right choice.

It is important to first experience the struggles and failures of the windows pc with video in order to understand why the macbook pro is the only option. Therefore you must get the ASUS ROG.
GARETHWYN66 7:19 PM - 15 November, 2015
So fustrated just updated to el capita and serrate dj not seen my pioneer ddi-sz need to dj next Saturday, any update on compatibility, grrrrr !!!!!
Cold_Case 8:18 PM - 15 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It is important to first experience the struggles and failures of the windows pc with video in order to understand why the macbook pro is the only option. Therefore you must get the ASUS ROG.

I've been trying to get it to work on 3 laptops (2 pcs, 1 mac from 09) for about 2 months now and no luck. Even reimaged one laptop. Used handbrake and the serato video setting to optimize my videos. Nothing works. Gonna have to sell a kidney for a mac FML.
Eventsman 8:21 PM - 15 November, 2015
Sorry brother... I did the same thing back in October and had to purchase another MacBook Pro to do my events...the Mac mini can work for you if you have a flat screen to use with it.... I feel you pain.... I also decided to purchase a second MacBook Pro as a secondary setup... I learned my lesson..
pdidy 8:46 PM - 15 November, 2015
Quote:
So fustrated just updated to el capita and serrate dj not seen my pioneer ddi-sz need to dj next Saturday, any update on compatibility, grrrrr !!!!!

you can either downgrade too a working os or cancel all parties.
Zoosh 8:53 PM - 15 November, 2015
I can confirm that El Capitan works fine with my Mac mini 2014 1.4 ghz with my Akai AMX & AFX no glitches and DVS works fine
Boutique Sound 6:53 AM - 18 November, 2015
this is totally messed up serato! ... so if I go do the yosemite as a second partition do I still need to back up all my info?

all my music is already on my MacBook Pro ... does it need to be deleted and then put on the second partition?

I also use my laptop for my other job, so i have a lot of legal files there

serato needs to focus more on their products than just taking our money and not staying up to date tis disgraceful!
pdidy 10:44 AM - 18 November, 2015
Quote:
this is totally messed up serato! ... so if I go do the yosemite as a second partition do I still need to back up all my info?

all my music is already on my MacBook Pro ... does it need to be deleted and then put on the second partition?

I also use my laptop for my other job, so i have a lot of legal files there

serato needs to focus more on their products than just taking our money and not staying up to date tis disgraceful!

Ladies and gentlemen this is why you should read before you speak.....
Serato, Support
Chez P 10:58 AM - 18 November, 2015
Hi guys,

We don't have any updates to announce on El Capitan just yet, but I can promise you that we're still working hard with our hardware partners to have this problem resolved.

If you're having issues after updating to El Capitan our support team will be more than happy to advise you on how you could potentially resolve your problem.

Get in touch with us here >>> support.serato.com

Cheers.
dahuhn 11:39 AM - 18 November, 2015
ddj-driver-updates are out:
www.pioneerdj.com
hally_b18 1:07 PM - 18 November, 2015
Quote:
www.pioneerdj.com

get testing folks, we might have turned the corner....
Dj Commotion 6:55 PM - 18 November, 2015
Now that pioneer have just updated there software for the latest os I'm hoping serato will do ASAP!?!?
TheWiseman 7:18 PM - 18 November, 2015
An official update from Serato regarding the El Capitan fix would be much appreciated.

Is there an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved?
pdidy 9:20 PM - 18 November, 2015
Serato does not give out ETA as a good business practice because it is a known fact that issues in software WILL HAPPEN that can cause unforeseen delays.

It's at this time certain users will carry on like complete asseholes (because it's happened before, you know who you are) which is not good for serato in maintaining a positive approval rating. Clearly They have learned not too repeat their mistakes.
Stevie_D 10:11 PM - 18 November, 2015
Pdidy, you have truly come into your own as a Digital Message Board Jockey. We're all so proud of you and your accomplishments.
pdidy 11:43 PM - 18 November, 2015
Quote:
Pdidy, you have truly come into your own as a Digital Message Board Jockey. We're all so proud of you and your accomplishments.

You still a lil salty about me correcting all the misinformation you were posting.......media.giphy.com

C'mon bro, just let it go before it drives you crazy......
Stevie_D 11:55 PM - 18 November, 2015
Come on Pdidy, play nice ;)

You've proven yourself to be a true defender of Serato. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone on your message board when I say that your integrity and determination are admirable.

Thank you for keeping this message board safe.
Laidback Jay 2:55 AM - 19 November, 2015
Im about to upgrade to the 2015 mbp and as you know, it comes standard with El cap. What should i do? Im currently on a Sony Vaio because my 2011 mbp had issues during a couple of gigs so its a temp but after reading about the El cap problems im worried about the jump.. any advice. Also quick question. Anyone else having high CPU usage after the latest serato DJ update? Thanks.
pdidy 3:08 AM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:
You've proven yourself to be a true defender of Serato.

Yes but ONLY when they are RIGHT. True integrity requires that you remain honest and unbiased so I can assure you serato is not always right. For example.....

1. Serato (development, coding, programming) on windows pc is lacking compared to Mac osx. Why anyone would knowing use a pc with serato is beyond me ?
2. Serato dj is an inefficient, power hungry, system resource hog and serato does not deny it.
3. Serato video is lacking, MixEmergency is clearly superior. They can't admit it but its common knowledge.

There's more but I think you get the point...... Lucky none of these issues affect me personally but im aware they exist and easily avoid them just like El Capitan.
pdidy 3:18 AM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:
Im about to upgrade to the 2015 mbp and as you know, it comes standard with El cap. What should i do?

Be patient and wait until its supported and proven to work.
or
Request a 2015 mac with Yosemite, I'm quite sure they still have some in stock like these for example. www.apple.com I always buy refurbished and save :)
Skinny G. 4:00 AM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:

If you do nothing else, streamline the PC for Serato only, you can do PC just fine. However, there are a few things you'll run into. (NO BLOATWARE crap on the machine is allowed).

You will be spending a lot of time researching and setting up a PC to run Serato right. It's kinda like walking with a ticking time bomb, you have confidence that you diffused the issue, but you will never feel 100% safe.

A lot of places I've DJ'd have Apple chargers already in place. You will be green with envy. Forgetting your PC charger will be an unforgettable experience for you ;).
pdidy 5:00 AM - 20 November, 2015
EL Capitan now supported by Serato DJ 1.8

support.serato.com

I my opinion that was pretty fast, maybe too fast.....hmmm

If you're smart you will do a hell of a lota testing before using at a live gig.
DJ Ricky Rock 7:37 PM - 20 November, 2015
Well it's worth a shot!! Missed play my music on my ns7. Time to fire it back up!
DJ Ricky Rock 8:11 PM - 20 November, 2015
Same issue for me and my NS7. Hopefully soon!

Excited to back on the 1's & 2's.
BMACadelic 9:48 PM - 20 November, 2015
This is beyond unacceptable. Still no support for the Numark NS6 (even after Serato DJ 1.8)? This is the exact reason why Apple releases beta versions for developers far in advance of a public OS release.
pdidy 10:10 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
This is beyond unacceptable. Still no support for the Numark NS6 (even after Serato DJ 1.8)? This is the exact reason why Apple releases beta versions for developers far in advance of a public OS release.

You dont have a clear understanding of the issues. Those of us who have be paying attention in class know that apple was at fault here not serato or the hardware developers.
BMACadelic 10:16 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You dont have a clear understanding of the issues. Those of us who have be paying attention in class know that apple was at fault here not serato or the hardware developers.

I have a perfectly clear understanding of what the issue is. Regardless of whether Apple or Serato is at fault here, I find it very unprofessional that there is no solution other than to downgrade with this much time having past since El Capitan Beta seeds were released this summer.
pdidy 10:26 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
I find it very unprofessional that there is no solution other than to downgrade with this much time having past since El Capitan Beta seeds were released this summer.

your being vague, exactly who are you alleging is at fault here ?
carsongrdn 2:36 PM - 21 November, 2015
NS7 is still Not Supported this Shit Blows.. I agree with you BMACadelic
KRISHNA 3:04 PM - 21 November, 2015
Hello I think the integration of drivers is not the only problems of SERATO !!! Big problem of CPU If panics over nothing and very POOR Graphic Quality of waveforme !!!!!!! 1,7,8 The release remains much STABLE. And that silk mac osx or windows on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With current Serato DJ 1.7.8 el captain with NUMARK NS7II + SCREEN Two NS7II and reloop rp 8000 and works better than Serato DJ 1.8 !!!!!! and even when I was with YOSEMITE!
BMACadelic 7:34 PM - 21 November, 2015
Quote:
NS7 is still Not Supported this Shit Blows.. I agree with you BMACadelic

Glad to know I'm not alone. Hang in there, my dude. Hoping for a fix soon... but not holding my breath.
ddj sz rafa 7:54 PM - 21 November, 2015
es una vergüenza lo de estos de Apple,se creen lo mejor y no hacen mas que cagarla,parecen una secta con sus productos.No se porque hay gente que critica a Serato,porque funcionaba perfectamente hasta que estos de la manzanita les dio por cagarla con su actualización.Yo tengo la pioneer ddj sz y estoy jodido esperando a que alguien lo solucione,lo que si critico a Serato es que aunque no sea su culpa, podría hacer algo por sus clientes,con una actualización que funcione ,porque la publicidad que va a quedar para un futuro va a ser muy mala
ddj sz rafa 8:52 PM - 21 November, 2015
is a shame these Apple , maybe they think and do nothing but screw up , seem a sect with its productos.No is because people criticizes Serato because these worked perfectly until the apple given to screw up I have your actualización.Yo Pioneer DDJ sz and I am fucking waiting for someone to solve it , so if I criticize Serato is that although it is not his fault , I could do something for their customers, an update that works because advertising it will be for the future it will be very bad.
DeeJay Kcydal 10:06 AM - 22 November, 2015
Thanks DJ GioVanni for the response to PDidy.
pdidy 6:51 PM - 22 November, 2015
Quote:

Dont be a coward, you got something worthy of saying then Man up and say it.
Dj_Ralphiee 11:31 PM - 22 November, 2015
Hey hows every one doing my ns7 ll still not working i updated the sole wear from numark and been updated to el capitan the use lite just turn of dose any one have the same problem or if no dose any one know how to fix the issues
pdidy 12:37 AM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Hey hows every one doing my ns7 ll still not working i updated the sole wear from numark and been updated to el capitan the use lite just turn of dose any one have the same problem or if no dose any one know how to fix the issues

I dont own a ns7 ii but have you tried the update here www.numark.com
called "Mac OSX 10.11 Driver v3.3.3" www.numark.com
DeeJay Kcydal 1:08 AM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Dont be a coward, you got something worthy of saying then Man up and say it.

Not worth it. But put the energy to positive criticism. Every pro was once a beginner. No crime in making mistakes.

I will help others get up when they are down and not crush them under my feet. Make the world a better place in little ways. Peace out.
pdidy 2:56 AM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
But put the energy to positive criticism. Every pro was once a beginner. No crime in making mistakes.

I will help others get up when they are down and not crush them under my feet. Make the world a better place in little ways. Peace out.

Yes I agree, beginners will make mistakes and are deserving of positive help which is what I do do 95% of the time (check my history, it doesn't lie). But If you base your comment strictly on the El Capitan issues your findings will be limited and one sided as they are.

Now when a user displays total disregard for the misinformation, lies and unfounded rumors he chooses to spread with complete arrogance.....I will always dispute this type of ignorance harshly with no regret.

Why ?

Because ignorance, misinformation, lies and unfounded rumors spreads like a virus to those New and not so advanced Users who are most susceptible. So yes I will always happily "Crush" the intentional spread of ignorance with facts and proof but it wont always be nice..... :)
bsteezy 8:03 AM - 23 November, 2015
Serato DJ works with El Capitan now, I wanted to upgrade... but no hardware support for my Rane 62.

Does anybody know if the Rane 62 firmware is compatible with El Capitan? I understand it's not officially supported yet, but does it work?
ddj sz rafa 9:02 AM - 23 November, 2015
pioneer ddj sz and OS X el capitan not works
ddj sz rafa 9:03 AM - 23 November, 2015
when runs?
dahuhn 12:33 PM - 23 November, 2015
ddj sz & el captain --> no problems :)
macbook pro 15, mid 2014, el captain (10.11.2, public beta 4, pioneer driver for el captain installed) & newest official serato dj 1.8 (1807779)
ddj sz rafa 12:58 PM - 23 November, 2015
macbook pro 13 retina, 10.11.1, serato dj 1.8. Could this be the problem 10.11.1?
DeeJay Kcydal 1:48 PM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
But put the energy to positive criticism. Every pro was once a beginner. No crime in making mistakes.

Yes I agree, beginners will make mistakes and are deserving of positive help which is what I do do 95% of the time (check my history, it doesn't lie). But If you base your comment strictly on the El Capitan issues your findings will be limited and one sided as they are.

Now when a user displays total disregard for the misinformation, lies and unfounded rumors he chooses to spread with complete arrogance.....I will always dispute this type of ignorance harshly with no regret.

Why ?

Because ignorance, misinformation, lies and unfounded rumors spreads like a virus to those New and not so advanced Users who are most susceptible. So yes I will always happily "Crush" the intentional spread of ignorance with facts and proof but it wont always be nice..... :)

Well said!!! I agree with you. I can see users are still falling victim to the same issue even till this moment. People just choose not to research/read, always looking for plug n play...
Rory C 6:42 PM - 23 November, 2015
DDJ SZ & El Capitan on iMac and MacBook Pro both mid 2011 - Serato DJ V1.8.0 - When reading iTunes library the order of tracks is back to front. The most recently added track is labelled as # 22,578 and the oldest track is number # 1... Any ideas?
pdidy 10:55 PM - 23 November, 2015
Rory C 11:11 PM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Read support.serato.com

pdidy - to which of the many replies in this discussion are you replying to? Pretty sure most people on here have already read the article you refer to if they're on this forum?
pdidy 11:27 PM - 23 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Read support.serato.com

pdidy - to which of the many replies in this discussion are you replying to? Pretty sure most people on here have already read the article you refer to if they're on this forum?

I was not replying to anyone just providing information. And if you think people read here, you must be new here. Welcome to the Serato forum. ......lol
Rory C 10:04 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Read support.serato.com

I was not replying to anyone just providing information. And if you think people read here, you must be new here. Welcome to the Serato forum. ......lol

But the 'information' wasn't helpful or relating to any specific post so what was the point in posting it it? No I'm not new here. Sarcasm not appreciated when trying to fix a problem. No 'lol' required.
ddj sz rafa 10:22 AM - 24 November, 2015
a bitter look pdidy
pdidy 10:35 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Read support.serato.com

But the 'information' wasn't helpful or relating to any specific post so what was the point in posting it it? No I'm not new here. Sarcasm not appreciated when trying to fix a problem. No 'lol' required.

Not "helpful or relating to any specific post" ? Hmmm

So are pretending to be retarded or just craving my attention ?
Rory C 11:03 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Read support.serato.com

You're using offensive language pdidy and have been reported.
pdidy 11:10 AM - 24 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Read support.serato.com

You're using offensive language pdidy and have been reported.

Oh really ....lol media.giphy.com
pdidy 9:40 PM - 24 November, 2015
Here's some more highly recommended reading material serato.com
eyflyguy 5:03 AM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
I use the Rane 62 X El Capitan with Scratch Live and it works. I don't have anything running in the background tho. I also witnessed my friend use the Rane TTM57 MKII with Serato DJ X El Capitan and it worked flawlessly. I'm just putting this out there. I hope there is a resolution soon since Scratch Live is discontinued.

Have you used the rane 62 with serato dj? Is that working?
AntAlrdy 12:18 PM - 25 November, 2015
"Serato DJ 1.8 is now supported on the latest version of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1."

..no it isn't.
Plugged in my Rane SL2 and fired up Serato DJ on Monday night, to be greeted by nothing but disappointment. I even downloaded the 'latest version' to make sure. Nothing.

Good job i took my cd's with me to work. Good job i didn't throw them away isn't it.
This is killing me now and beyond boring.

HURRY UP I BEG!
redredredred 3:40 PM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
"Serato DJ 1.8 is now supported on the latest version of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1."

..no it isn't.
Plugged in my Rane SL2 and fired up Serato DJ on Monday night, to be greeted by nothing but disappointment. I even downloaded the 'latest version' to make sure. Nothing.

Good job i took my cd's with me to work. Good job i didn't throw them away isn't it.

HURRY UP I BEG!

the problem is with Rane mate, they haven't updated the drivers yet to work with el capitan!

Very frustrating as I also assumed the nightmare had ended once seeing the serato update!
pdidy 3:47 PM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

..no it isn't.

HURRY UP I BEG!

the problem is with Rane mate, they haven't updated the drivers yet to work with el capitan!

Very frustrating as I also assumed the nightmare had ended once seeing the serato update!
correct

Quote:
Read support.serato.com
DjSiduction 3:37 AM - 27 November, 2015
has anyone tried this
www.howtogeek.com
DjSiduction 3:40 AM - 27 November, 2015
when i tried this it worked for me but if i restart the computer it doesn't work because of some protection that saves to the memory. so i shut the computer off and put it back on and it works after but make sure the usb is disconnected first. then after the scratch live is running then insert the usb.
DJ Ricky Rock 7:12 PM - 27 November, 2015
Has anyone else tried this to see if it works?
SpinThis! 11:53 PM - 29 November, 2015
The reason why disabling SIP works is Rane/Serato haven't signed their drivers and by default El Cap refuses to load unsigned kexts. At least that's the case with ScratchLive.

At WWDC 2013, there was a presentation about kext development that was very explicit: signing is supported and unchecked in 10.8, checked but not enforced in 10.9, and mandatory "in the future". Apparently Apple decided mandatory meant El Capitan.

I'm not sure why people are doing a complete reformat of their drives when you can just partition your drive and use Yosemite on a smaller partition. Since Yosemite you can even resize the drive on the fly, assuming yo have enough free space (without having reformat).
DJ Jahcools 2:58 AM - 30 November, 2015
Interesting i am not one of the best on computer but I have been following this from the other day and this is the best thing I hear about I also not that good on Mac I just started to use it so I know nothing much but I would love to do that sound good I am here sitting waiting for something to happen to the controller I use to be ready I use the Numark Ns6 I am hungry to play now it's been along time now.
aries7444 1:02 PM - 30 November, 2015
Yeah i thought they said that it was supported by adding the new firmware drivers for the NS7ii but it does not work as well. My decks may have loaded one time but after that my NS7ii will not load.
DJ Ricky Rock 9:49 PM - 30 November, 2015
I'm not computer tech either. Has anyone tried this to see if it works?
1 NYC DJ 4:07 PM - 1 December, 2015
Quote:
www.pioneerdj.com

I've installed osx 10.11.1 and installed the driver 1.1.0 for El captain for the pioneer ddx sz. When I open Serato DJ, it doesn't recognize the ddx sz but on the right side of serato dj, it says new driver detected. When i click on the updated drivers, it downloads and install the driver AGAIN, at that point i am able to to connect to the ddij sz BUT when i go to the Pioneer settings utility, it says there is a problem with the driver configuration, please reinstall driver
jblue1100 6:55 AM - 3 December, 2015
Do not update to El Capitan yet!! What a mess.. Downloaded the driver for my SZ and it still crashed twice during my set.. Had to restart my controller twice!! Beware!! What a buzz kill and had to embrace all the booooos.. It was awesome.. Fuck you serato
pdidy 7:27 AM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:
Do not update to El Capitan yet!! What a mess.. Downloaded the driver for my SZ and it still crashed twice during my set.. Had to restart my controller twice!! Beware!! What a buzz kill and had to embrace all the booooos.. It was awesome.. Fuck you serato

Failure is the best teacher.......
jblue1100 8:01 AM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Failure is the best teacher.......

Lol yeah.. Lesson learned.. Never again
DJ SKUBII 8:29 PM - 4 December, 2015
Y R U GUYS TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE SERATO FOR THE SZ??? DANG!!!! U KILLING ME!!!! IF I DIDNT HAVE THE SX N THE SB ILL BE DEAD RIGHT NOW....FML
PrLion 9:54 PM - 4 December, 2015
AYANX #234 10:58 AM - 7 December, 2015
I`m almost frustated because El Capitan, and now I already downgrade to Yosemite again ..
no need to analyze, because i have all serato backup. just plug and play ..

CHEERS !
PrLion 3:54 PM - 7 December, 2015
How can I do backup my playlists from Serato Dj?
Mr.Marronz 10:03 PM - 7 December, 2015
Quote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks for any help.

until a few days ago I used Scrachlive of El Capitan with my ttm57 without any difficulty . Today I launched SSL and TTM is not recognized . I disabled SIP on my mac , reinstalled SSL and everything is back to work . The problem arises again if I try to rehabilitate the SIP El Capitan
AYANX #234 8:49 AM - 8 December, 2015
Quote:

if you using mac, click music on sidebar you will see serato folder.
Just copy to FD then put it back if you already downgrade to yosemite
PrLion 12:07 PM - 8 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

if you using mac, click music on sidebar you will see serato folder.
Just copy to FD then put it back if you already downgrade to yosemite

Thanks..))
Spencer R. 4:10 AM - 13 December, 2015
If you downgrade back to Yosemite from El Cap, using a previous Time Machine Backup, will your crates still be in tact? I'd like to upgrade to El Cap to use my Magic Trackpad 2, but wondering if when I revert back to Yosemite from a Time Machine backup, if my crates will still be accurate and working.
Spencer R. 4:15 AM - 13 December, 2015
Quote:
If you downgrade back to Yosemite from El Cap, using a previous Time Machine Backup, will your crates still be in tact? I'd like to upgrade to El Cap to use my Magic Trackpad 2, but wondering if when I revert back to Yosemite from a Time Machine backup, if my crates will still be accurate and working.

By the way, I'm asking this because I am using the SL2, and obviously it isn't compatible with El Cap yet. (Anyone heard if the SL2 will ever be compatible with El Cap?)
pdidy 11:01 AM - 13 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

By the way, I'm asking this because I am using the SL2, and obviously it isn't compatible with El Cap yet. (Anyone heard if the SL2 will ever be compatible with El Cap?)

are you a professoional dj or bedroom/hobby dj ?
DJ MileHigh 11:51 PM - 15 December, 2015
Please just answer..

Really need to know if Scratch Live is compatible with El Capitan?

Thank You.
pdidy 12:16 AM - 16 December, 2015
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

Scratchlive is NOT compatible and never will be officially compatible with El Capitan as per serato support.

The use of Scratchlive with El Capitan is "at your own risk" and therefore NOT recommended for professional dj use.
AndisThaBarber 4:56 AM - 16 December, 2015
HEY GUYS, THERE SEEMS TO BE A NEW PATCH AVAILABLE FOR OS X 10.11.2.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
carsongrdn 5:39 AM - 16 December, 2015
Quote:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

I wish this was good news for me but my NS7 is still not compatible with El Capitan.
Now I am beginning to wonder if it will ever be... I left a few messages with Serato and Numark but I have yet to get any response
AndisThaBarber 7:05 AM - 16 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

I wish this was good news for me but my NS7 is still not compatible with El Capitan.
Now I am beginning to wonder if it will ever be... I left a few messages with Serato and Numark but I have yet to get any response

yeah, just terrible i tell ya
DJ CDOT 3:23 PM - 16 December, 2015
For those of you that updated without reading properly, or bought a new laptop and somehow got hold of a Yosemite bootable drive and wish to make a partition - there is no need to create a huge partition and copy all of your music files over. If you keep your music folder organised (which you should) then you can change folder permissions to read and write for everyone, backup and copy your serato folders into the new music directory in the new partition and hey presto - you'll be home free and totally disco.
AYANX #234 2:56 PM - 17 December, 2015
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

what hardware are you using ?

I'm using SL3 and working as well
AndisThaBarber 12:16 AM - 18 December, 2015
as far as i am concerned, i have the option to use Scratch live still, the only issue i have performance wise is the Audio glitch thats evident in every action i take.
dj_old_school wild sound 3:05 AM - 18 December, 2015
guess what el capitan is on version 10.11.2 get ready jaja
DJ MileHigh 6:04 AM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

i Have a sl2 box and a rane 57 mixer at home ... when i play out i use my 2 box
pdidy 6:19 AM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

Your hardware is irrelevant to the actual/original question because scratchlive will never be compatible with El capitan.

FYI, all rane hardware mentioned is currently incompatible with El capitan as stated be Rane dj.rane.com

If you are a professional dj it may be wise follow their recommendation.
AYANX #234 10:25 AM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

i've tested SL2 on SSL no problem ..
you must test by yourself :)
DJ MileHigh 7:59 PM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

thank you bro
i've tested SL2 on SSL no problem ..
you must test by yourself :)
DJ MileHigh 8:00 PM - 18 December, 2015
thank you guys!!!
AYANX #234 8:13 PM - 18 December, 2015
Quote:
thank you guys!!!

your welcome bro
pdidy 10:24 PM - 22 December, 2015
It's like I'm talking to myself but hopefully this information will be useful to someone else....... this is what Rane has to say about this serato.com
AndisThaBarber 2:24 PM - 23 December, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please just answer..

Thank You.

Your hardware is irrelevant to the actual/original question because scratchlive will never be compatible with El capitan.

FYI, all rane hardware mentioned is currently incompatible with El capitan as stated be Rane dj.rane.com

If you are a professional dj it may be wise follow their recommendation.

This is correct, in fact there is a link to this site that tells you what equipment El Capitan is and isn't compatible with hardware wise. I use a Rane Sixty two which isn't compatible. I just downgraded back to using Mavericks, problem solved!
dj_old_school wild sound 6:41 PM - 23 December, 2015
dj.rane.com / just check this link for equipment that still don't work with el capitan support/knowledge-base/el-capitan-update
dj_old_school wild sound 6:42 PM - 23 December, 2015
El Capitan Update

Rane CoreAudio drivers do not currently support Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11).

We do not recommend updating to El Capitan. We are currently investigating serious compatibility issues with hardware connectivity and audio. We're working hard to ensure stability with this OS as soon as possible and there will be updates that add support in the near future. We will update this article once the issue is solved.

This affects these Rane products:
SL 2
SL 3
SL 4
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Eight
MP25
MP26
MP2015
TTM57mkII

Serato DJ also has problems with El Capitan. Please check serato.com for updates.

Traktor also has problems with El Capitan. Please check native-instruments.com for updates

so don't buy this product yet until is a update
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:45 PM - 23 December, 2015
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
Chicagotablist 9:21 AM - 24 December, 2015
Hey so, all i want for christmas is to use my SL3 while running serato dj on El Capitan! the day after christmas. Just so i know, how much of a christmas miracle would that be? or how actually attainable (like a package delivered late) is it?

Thanks.
pdidy 9:40 AM - 24 December, 2015
Quote:
Hey so, all i want for christmas is to use my SL3 while running serato dj on El Capitan! the day after christmas. Just so i know, how much of a christmas miracle would that be? or how actually attainable (like a package delivered late) is it?

Thanks.

just do it, whats stopping you ?
R-Tistic 8:14 PM - 24 December, 2015
I just wonder if we'll see the Rane products compatible with El Capitan any time before like.......February? But I really wanna say NYE.
nudaze4djs 10:34 PM - 24 December, 2015
ok..recently updated to the latest El Capitan and installed SDJ1.8.1. was testing in on my ddjsx and i have no issue at all BUT to my surprise it lag many times on SL2 with DJM850 (audio drop,freeze etc). even the waveform looks pix elated..
btw im on MBP 13inch late 2011 with 6GB ram.
i hope this issue can fixed a.s.a.p.
i did f**ked up my set last night with this issues..was thinking SL2 will be fine so i didnt bring the ddjsx along on my gig.
 DJ.JANN 10:40 PM - 24 December, 2015
Unfortunate, I am disappointed! not working Serato DJ in my SL3
pdidy 11:39 PM - 24 December, 2015
Quote:
ok..recently updated to the latest El Capitan and installed SDJ1.8.1. was testing in on my ddjsx and i have no issue at all BUT to my surprise it lag many times on SL2 with DJM850 (audio drop,freeze etc). even the waveform looks pix elated..
i did f**ked up my set last night with this issues..was thinking SL2 will be fine so i didnt bring the ddjsx along on my gig.

the warnings have been out for a long time that most rane hardware is not supported on el capitan. You need to go back to your previous operating system ASAP, that's your fix.
DJ Rocking Ray 3:18 PM - 26 December, 2015
Ok Numark says the NS7II with the new firm ware with 3.3.3 AND Serato DJ 1.8.1 Should work with MAC OS El Capitan.... However be aware that there are USB latency and delay issues! They are through the roof!
DJ Rocking Ray 3:26 PM - 26 December, 2015
nudaze4djs, do you mean 6 or 16 RAM? if its 6 go up to 16G RAM and put in a solid state drive in that 2011 MBP both Yosemite and El Capitan OS is memory RAM hungry and Data read and write HD speed hungry as well!

Quote:
Matt aka DJ MDV 2:06 AM - 27 December, 2015
Quote:
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!

Is there an ETA on the NS6 because I upgraded to El Capitan well before I knew that it wasn't supported. I have a gig on NYE and need this working.
nudaze4djs 8:03 AM - 27 December, 2015
its 6GB. so far i have no problem dealing with the latest OSX, its only that i missed out the discussion bout the Rane drivers with EL-Capitan.
i know SSD is a good way to make things more faster with higher rams but SDJ doesnt give me much trouble so far only for the issue of Rane with El Capitan, other than that its all good.

i guess i need to get to the warnings before the updates next time..

thanks for the share everyone..

Quote:
nudaze4djs, do you mean 6 or 16 RAM? if its 6 go up to 16G RAM and put in a solid state drive in that 2011 MBP both Yosemite and El Capitan OS is memory RAM hungry and Data read and write HD speed hungry as well!

Quote:
DJ Rocking Ray 11:32 PM - 27 December, 2015
I guess for you mac users the best bet is to stay with your current OS and serato versions!
I am going to revert back to my reliable Mavericks OS being that I did clone my HD before making the switch! My advice for you all before upgrading your OS is keep some extra external HD available as we need them on a day to day basis in our careers, to back up our Internal HDs and our music libraries! I personally use an external HD for my music library for these obvious reasons. To some of you reverting back to your previous os isn't as hard as it seems but is very time consuming... you will need a couple of external HDs handy and some time an patience. if you have no computer skills take your machine to apple or someone who knows apple systems. first things first is to back up vital files: documents, photos and videos, mail and contact data. Along with license numbers, speaking of which you will need to sign in to my serato to deactivate your licensed add ons. before reverting back! Its a challenge but can be done!
DJ Rocking Ray 11:36 PM - 27 December, 2015
PS, if i wasn't under the weather at this current moment I would make videos and post links to them but I will do them when I feel allot better!
AYANX #234 12:21 AM - 28 December, 2015
be a profesional please .. problem solved if downgrade OSX :)
just backup your serato data & restore it after finish downgrade
djOmerioG 6:54 AM - 3 January, 2016
HELP PLEASE !

i've Problem's with Serato Scratch Live 2.5.0, sometimes(often) the sound have glitches & get stuck for a second. I had it in the last events, it was really embarrassing.
How can i fix it?

Macbook Pro 13' early 2011 i5
OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.1
Scratch Live Version 2.5.0
Rane Sl 2

please help me.!
omer_95@hotmail.de
pdidy 11:37 AM - 3 January, 2016
Quote:
HELP PLEASE !

i've Problem's with Serato Scratch Live 2.5.0, sometimes(often) the sound have glitches & get stuck for a second. I had it in the last events, it was really embarrassing.
How can i fix it?

Rane Sl 2

please help me.!
omer_95@hotmail.de

If you take a look at your system requirements you will realize that scratchlive is compatible with..... Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9

Scratchlive will NEVER be compatible with El Capitan so Wipe your laptop of El capitan and CLEAN install 10.8 / 10.9 if you want to stick with Scratch Live Version 2.5.0.

Problem solved.
PrLion 6:34 PM - 3 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
HELP PLEASE !

How can i fix it?

Rane Sl 2

please help me.!
omer_95@hotmail.de

If you take a look at your system requirements you will realize that scratchlive is compatible with..... Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9

Scratchlive will NEVER be compatible with El Capitan so Wipe your laptop of El capitan and CLEAN install 10.8 / 10.9 if you want to stick with Scratch Live Version 2.5.0.

Problem solved.

This answer Rane Dj wrote in Facebook.

We sent Apple hardware for testing and development and we are now waiting for them for a fix. Unfortunately, they have not yet given us an ETA for when we can expect things to be fixed. We should know more after the new year holiday.

Rest assured, this is a high priority fix and we're working diligently to get things resolved ASAP.

If you haven't already, try installing the 2.5 version of Scratch Live from here: Scratch Live 2.5 Download - serato.com

We're getting reports that Scratch Live (with a buffer setting of 20) seems to work OK with El Capitan, if the Scratch Live is able to detect the hardware.
 DJ.JANN 2:16 PM - 4 January, 2016
Downgrad Yosemite
DJM.C. 9:03 PM - 5 January, 2016
I just recently Updated my mac book pro to El Capitan and Serato DJ recently stopped working for my Numark Ns6 but works fine when its offline and it's not plugged in Does anyone know if Numark NS6 and Serato DJ run smoothly with Mavricks or Yosemite So I Know when I purchase a new laptop ? Also I tried A New Laptop a surface book windows 10 My Numark Ns6 Works but the resolution for serato DJ is terrible everything is way to small I'm so stressed please help I wish I never updated my mac book to el capitain :(
pdidy 9:13 PM - 5 January, 2016
Quote:
I just recently Updated my mac book pro to El Capitan and Serato DJ recently stopped working for my Numark Ns6 but works fine when its offline and it's not plugged in Does anyone know if Numark NS6 and Serato DJ run smoothly with Mavricks or Yosemite So I Know when I purchase a new laptop ? Also I tried A New Laptop a surface book windows 10 My Numark Ns6 Works but the resolution for serato DJ is terrible everything is way to small I'm so stressed please help I wish I never updated my mac book to el capitain :(

I'm confused as to what the confusion is...... just revert back to Mavericks or Yosemite just like the rest of the smart professionals have already done.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:14 PM - 5 January, 2016
Quote:

Hello DJM.C.,

If you're using the NS6, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com. We posted that above in this thread along with on our website and social media feeds. The NS6 driver for El Capitan hasn't come out yet. The team is still currently testing it.

The latest Mac drivers for the NS6 works perfectly find with Yosemite and Mavericks. Here's the NS6 product page - www.numark.com.
DJM.C. 9:23 PM - 5 January, 2016
Pdidy I wish I could revert back to Lion but I didn't back up anything using time machine before I updated to El Capitan. Thank you Chris, So by what you're saying my Numark Ns6 Will work fine as long as I have a mac book that runs Mavericks or Yosemite ? Because all newer mac books have software that only contain Mavericks or Yosemite nothing earlier.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:27 PM - 5 January, 2016
Quote:
Thank you Chris, So by what you're saying my Numark Ns6 Will work fine as long as I have a mac book that runs Mavericks or Yosemite ?

That's correct sir. Download and install Mac OSX 10.9-10.10 Driver v3.2.0 from the NS6 product page.
DJM.C. 9:29 PM - 5 January, 2016
Thank you!
DJM.C. 9:34 PM - 5 January, 2016
one more question Chris, even if I update serato DJ to 1.8.1 with a MacBook pro with a operating system of OS X 10.9 my Numark NS6 with still work fine ?
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:38 PM - 5 January, 2016
Quote:
one more question Chris, even if I update serato DJ to 1.8.1 with a MacBook pro with a operating system of OS X 10.9 my Numark NS6 with still work fine ?

Serato DJ 1.8.1 fully supports Mac OS X 10.9. Please review their Minimum System Requirements to answer your question and questions like that in the future - serato.com.
DJTao 8:28 PM - 6 January, 2016
I have troubles too with my SL2 Rane running on serrate DJ on OS El Captain. I Installe the latest software version 1.8.1 the SL2's driver is installed as well but nothing go out on the speakers.

Please help. I'm spinning tomorrow night.

Thank you
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:05 AM - 7 January, 2016
Hi DJTao,

Although Serato DJ software is supported on the latest Apple OS, Rane drivers are not currently available for OS X El Capitan. Rane have suggested not using devices running this OS until all the kinks have been worked out > dj.rane.com

It is advised that you use a supported operating system (Yosemite or Mavericks would be best) if you are required to perform. We hope to see drivers for the Rane devices available soon :)

Regards
carsongrdn 2:16 AM - 7 January, 2016
I have been waiting patiently for MONTHS hoping for my NS 7 to be supported. Lucky for me I'm not holding my breath...
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:31 AM - 7 January, 2016
Sorry carsongrdn, Numark have advised the NS7 is not yet compatible with El Capitan just yet as there has not been a driver update > www.numark.com

We hope to see some drivers become available soon, but at this stage we don't have any further information as to when that will be. A possible workaround at this stage is to downgrade operating systems to Yosemite or Mavericks.

Regards
carsongrdn 2:46 AM - 7 January, 2016
Thanks for the quick response Scott S, but I'm pissed seeing all these other equipments already supported and mine sits in a corner collecting dust...
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:57 AM - 7 January, 2016
I completely understand carsongrdn. We realise there's a lot of frustrated DJs out there right now with gear that isn't currently supported on El Capitan - there was a lot of changes to core audio and other related parts of the OS that clashed with a lot of the drivers which made a lot of them incompatible. We fixed a lot of problems on our software side, but a lot of the issues reside around the individual hardware drivers.

Most newer controllers have had drivers become available from their manufacturers, however the ones that are still not supported (some older controllers) might have some other issues that need to be sorted out before a driver can be released. Numark themselves would probably have the most up-to-date information on the state of any NS7 drivers they have forthcoming. I know that's not exactly what you want to hear, but that's all the info we have right now.

Regards
carsongrdn 4:37 AM - 7 January, 2016
I do understand Scott S, I'm just a little ticked off that it's taking so long. Thanks for the info..
Kraig 6:48 PM - 7 January, 2016
Quote:
Although Serato DJ software is supported on the latest Apple OS, Rane drivers are not currently available for OS X El Capitan. Rane have suggested not using devices running this OS until all the kinks have been worked out > dj.rane.com

It is advised that you use a supported operating system (Yosemite or Mavericks would be best) if you are required to perform. We hope to see drivers for the Rane devices available soon :)

@Scott S - appreciating Rane posted that notice in October, have they given the Serato team any sense of an ETA? Hoping for the end of January ideally.

Thx.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:55 PM - 7 January, 2016
No update as of yet sorry Kraig. Rane themselves could potentially have more information if you wished to contact them.

dj.rane.com

Cheers
djOmerioG 4:34 AM - 9 January, 2016
Quote:
Downgrad Yosemite

I would Downgrade, but i dont have the yosemite app in the app store & before i didnt do any back up over the time mashine
tatts 4:19 AM - 10 January, 2016
Come on guys
Sort it out
Can't play on new laptp
pdidy 4:44 AM - 10 January, 2016
Quote:
Come on guys
Sort it out
Can't play on new laptp

yes you can, you just dont know how.
tatts 10:53 PM - 10 January, 2016
Are u able to explain then plse??
Without splitting hardrives?
RodrigoVolta 2:34 PM - 13 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Downgrad Yosemite

I would Downgrade, but i dont have the yosemite app in the app store & before i didnt do any back up over the time mashine

Well, in this case, u should contact a friend to copy to u the Yosemite.app.
Kraig 5:37 PM - 14 January, 2016
Quote:
Are u able to explain then plse??
Without splitting hardrives?

From what I've read, you only have two options:

1.) use a Time Machine backup and back track to before you upgraded to Yosemite. This will eventually require you to format, so backup everything to an external (not via Time Machine).

2.) download Yosemite and create a bootable USB to restore from. This will also require you format your drive and have to reinstall everything again. Backup everything to an external that you need and restore.

Both methods found here: www.gottabemobile.com
Kraig 5:38 PM - 14 January, 2016
Edit on #1: meant to say, before you upgraded to El Capitan.
Kraig 5:41 PM - 14 January, 2016
Rane just posted an update yesterday. It looks like they are still working on it:

dj.rane.com
PrLion 5:23 AM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
Rane just posted an update yesterday. It looks like they are still working on it:

dj.rane.com

Only looks like they are still working. Last time they talk about Apple problems. Apple didn't good a New El Capitan. But they said its only at second part of december, what did they do before? 3 month they can't update drivers.

I think they do their job very bad.

sorry for mistakes
tatts 1:10 PM - 16 January, 2016
Can I ask someone
Will my scrath live on my new early 2015 el capatain Mac work with my old ttm57sl??
Can I petition drives or will it not work??
Plse help
Each time I download it pays serato once only then it won't work
Once I delete serato and re install it works only once again.
It just seems strange it works then it Dosnt.
Has anyone else had this issue
pdidy 5:35 PM - 16 January, 2016
Quote:
Can I ask someone
Will my scrath live on my new early 2015 el capatain Mac work with my old ttm57sl??
Can I petition drives or will it not work??
Plse help
Each time I download it pays serato once only then it won't work
Once I delete serato and re install it works only once again.
It just seems strange it works then it Dosnt.
Has anyone else had this issue

Yes you can Partition the drive and install mountain lion, mavericks or Yosemite.
LukeH94 3:37 PM - 17 January, 2016
I have tried partitioning and it won't let me open the yosemite installer to install it on to the partition. Any ideas?
pdidy 11:34 PM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
I have tried partitioning and it won't let me open the yosemite installer to install it on to the partition. Any ideas?

Call Apple support, make appointment @apple genius bar, buy an original disk or find someone qualified to do it for you.
pdidy 11:55 PM - 17 January, 2016
Or you can try this yourself Watchwww.youtube.com
See comments if original command does not work for you.
pdidy 12:06 AM - 18 January, 2016
Correction: apple does not sell "original" disks/USB drives but they can be purchased ;)
Kraig 11:33 PM - 18 January, 2016
Quote:

In addition to what pdidy posted.

Here is a video walking you through how to partition:
Watchwww.youtube.com

And how to move your library over:
dj.rane.com
hersh20 10:05 PM - 20 January, 2016
look out for 10.11.3 !! :-)
Kraig 5:54 PM - 21 January, 2016
Update from Rane on Jan 20th.

The TTM57SL will work with the new El Capitan 10.11.4 Beta #1 build.

Anyone with a Rane Sixty-One to Sixty-Eight or SL2 to SL4 are still waiting.

dj.rane.com
Dj PowerMix 10:55 PM - 22 January, 2016
Hi, I want to ask a question, I have the pioneers cdj 2000 nexus and macbook pro with the captain and sl4, and does not work well with Serato DJ and serato scratch live, I have installed the latest version, works for 2 minutes and then stops, the songs,How can we fix this, or when the updates for sl4/thanks
Kraig 2:04 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Hi, I want to ask a question, I have the pioneers cdj 2000 nexus and macbook pro with the captain and sl4, and does not work well with Serato DJ and serato scratch live, I have installed the latest version, works for 2 minutes and then stops, the songs,How can we fix this, or when the updates for sl4/thanks

Read above. Serato DJ WILL NOT work with El Capitan. Your only option is to downgrade your operating system to Yosemite.
AYANX #234 6:20 PM - 24 January, 2016
wasted time if you waiting for El Capitan.
just downgrade to yosemite and will be fine :)
dj_joe01 1:19 PM - 28 January, 2016
Downgraded to Yosemite from a previous backup and installed Serato DJ 1.8. Using Rane SL2 with no problems. El Capitan sucks for now.
 DJ.JANN 6:51 PM - 28 January, 2016
accurate, making the downgrade all worked well!
Carlo Frascaroli 11:49 PM - 28 January, 2016
I Can´t make Downgrade, wen you gona repair This!!!!!! Im playing whit my Girlfriend Pink´s Macbook since november, I need Help!!!!!!
pdidy 12:26 AM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:
I Can´t make Downgrade, wen you gona repair This!!!!!! Im playing whit my Girlfriend Pink´s Macbook since november, I need Help!!!!!!

why cant you Downgrade ? Partitioning is another option, is that an issue for you ?
AndisThaBarber 2:30 AM - 29 January, 2016
the downgrade works if you have the older OS in your directory, if its out of date you need to download it and save it on a memory stick. this way when you reboot your system your computer can locate the drive.

that was the case with me, now I'm back on mavericks but everything is working perfect.
Carlo Frascaroli 12:30 PM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

why cant you Downgrade ? Partitioning is another option, is that an issue for you ?

Hi Pdidy, because my Macbook has a Tird party solid state Disk, Its very unstable for Install - Uninstall OSX, wen I upgraded to "El Capitan " Was a 24 Hrs Marathon. & Now it is working fine for me with El Capitan........ Because Im a professional DJ to, I have 2 macbooks on home, but only one its working, Im thinking, wat happens if my wife pink macbook stop working? Wats happens If I need to buy a new Macbook??? this is serius, Serato Isn`t for professionals right Now.

3 or 4 monts its to much, same problem with Maveriks, I Love Vinils, I hate pioneers & Traktor, but they really make El Capitan Works. Why Rane & Serato dont? I always support serato, but IM really sad right now

I really Need My SL4 working on My computer, I Dont Understand why its last so much. Im Thinking its because RANE & Serato, Wasn´t Friends Right Now?
pdidy 4:04 PM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:
I have 2 macbooks on home, but only one its working, Im thinking, wat happens if my wife pink macbook stop working? Wats happens If I need to buy a new Macbook??? this is serius,

You are worrying for the wrong reasons because you dont have a good understanding on what the actual issues are and how they can affect you.

Quote:
Serato Isn`t for professionals right Now.

Serato works great for "real" professionals, I can help you figure out how to become one if you really want to learn.
Carlo Frascaroli 5:11 PM - 29 January, 2016
Quote:
Serato works great for "real" professionals, I can help you figure out how to become one if you really want to learn.

Ok Pdidy, wats profesional for you? become & Sound enginer? Become Rental audio Service? Become a Conputer Ingiener? Become a Apple Macbook crack? This is a serius issue, 3 monts wating is enof.

Right now I prefer Focus on mi Music & on mi gigs, and spend my Free time With My Wife & Kids than Learn how to Downgrade my Conputer

Thanks but serato make a big mistake heare, leating Rane Alone With This issue
dj tres 3:25 AM - 30 January, 2016
WHY ISNT MY FX LIKE ECHO OUT NOT WORKING?
nlited 7:08 PM - 30 January, 2016
Are there any news on for how much longer do Rane users have to wait 'till SDJ finally gets support for Rane hardware on El Capitan?? This is the only reason I still refuse upgrading to El Capitan. Several months had already passed since El Capitan was released and I bet Rane hardware still remains about 70-80% of all hardware people use with Serato. No support for Rane hardware is kinda ridiculous...
pdidy 9:56 PM - 30 January, 2016
Quote:
Are there any news on for how much longer do Rane users have to wait 'till SDJ finally gets support for Rane hardware on El Capitan??

Ask apple......
Kraig 6:46 PM - 31 January, 2016
For those running El Capitan and have to play a gig, I'd recommend:

- create a new partition, label it Yosemite

- go to the App Store click Purchased, download the Yosemite installer. It will be downloaded to your applications folder.

- grab a USB key that is 32GB or more. I'd suggest changing the name of the USB volume to MyVolume

- assuming the Yosemite installer is in your Applications folder AND you have a USB key named MyVolume, follow the instructions here - support.apple.com. Essentially go to Terminal and type this into the command line: sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app

- you may have to type in your admin password. Answer yes to formatting the USB key. Once it's done, it will begin copying the installer to the USB. If you have an older laptop running USB 2.0, this will take some time.

- once it's done, reboot and hold the Alt/Option key.

- select your USB key MyVolume as what to boot from. Install the OS and select the Yosemite partition as your install location.

- Once the install is complete, shut down your computer, remove the USB key. Restart your computer and hold the Alt/Option key to boot into Startup Manager. You can now select to boot from either El Capitan or Yosemite. I'd recommend reinstalling Serato, copying over your Music folder and doing any DJ'ing/music management from your Yosemite session only.

Hope this helps.
Supagee 6:05 AM - 3 February, 2016
This is practically on the front page of RANE.COM, I don't understand how people can be so lazy on the internet that a few clicks to source the info is to much.

dj.rane.com
Nalim 2:52 PM - 9 February, 2016
Is there any info about core audio issue in El Capitan? Will Apple solve it or not? If not im going to buy a traktor. Tired to bear this sh//t, public beta was announced 7 month ago.
pdidy 7:40 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
Is there any info about core audio issue in El Capitan? Will Apple solve it or not? If not im going to buy a traktor. Tired to bear this sh//t, public beta was announced 7 month ago.

just buy tracktor if you don't know what you're doing.
Nalim 8:18 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

funny you. Thousands of rane/serato users doesn't know what they are doing.
Rane chose an easy way to blame Apple. It was known issue 7 month ago since first beta was released. Rane knew that Apple has discontinued development and maintenance of its Core Audio driver. For what they waited for? Only at 5 October they created "a bug issue" RADAR 23929871. IT'S NOT A BUG!
Rane, don't wait for apple, if you don't want to loose your customers, invest money and develop a new driver for OS X 10.10.
I hate Rane, but I really like Serato. It would be awesome if Serato could build their own driver for Rane hardware and offer it for purchase as Serato DJ. I am personally ready to pay for it and I trust in Serato future support.
pdidy 8:52 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rane chose an easy way to blame Apple. It was known issue 7 month ago since first beta was released. Rane knew that Apple has discontinued development and maintenance of its Core Audio driver. For what they waited for? Only at 5 October they created "a bug issue" RADAR 23929871. IT'S NOT A BUG!
Rane, don't wait for apple, if you don't want to loose your customers, invest money and develop a new driver for OS X 10.10.
I hate Rane, but I really like Serato. It would be awesome if Serato could build their own driver for Rane hardware and offer it for purchase as Serato DJ. I am personally ready to pay for it and I trust in Serato future support.

So not only don't you know what you're doing in regards to keeping the most important dj tool functional, you've also failed to understand the issue between rane Apple and El Capitan (proven by your last statement).

So for that reason you are correct and should immediately delete Serato and yourself from this forum and move too tractor ASAP.
Nalim 10:19 PM - 9 February, 2016
There is no tracktor or tractor as you wrote, but Traktor.
I see you really offended by this topic. Its really sad to be a part of Rane, I can feel it.
pdidy 10:35 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
I see you really offended by this topic.

No, not in the least. I was just trying to make your transition a pleasant one by supporting your decision ;)
Nalim 10:48 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

No, not in the least. I was just trying to make your transition a pleasant one by supporting your decision ;)

Oh, you really did.
I hope all rane users will make right decision after reading your posts.
pdidy 12:46 AM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, you really did.
I hope all rane users will make right decision after reading your posts.

just scroll down and click deactivate account serato.com
Supagee 9:27 AM - 12 February, 2016
For the record Apple didn't discontinue or stop working on it's core audio.

Why would they when such a large number of companies like Rane use it as a standard.

Apple made updates to the core audio that affected how audio was processed and along with it looks like they didn't make it backwards compatible.
pdidy 9:09 AM - 13 February, 2016
Quote:
For the record Apple didn't discontinue or stop working on it's core audio.

Why would they when such a large number of companies like Rane use it as a standard.

Apple made updates to the core audio that affected how audio was processed and along with it looks like they didn't make it backwards compatible.

At least im not the only one that realized that Nalim was lying aka "just makin shit up" like nobody was going to notice.......lol
pdidy 9:28 AM - 13 February, 2016
Quote:

I don't have an exact number but you are definitely on the list.

Quote:
Rane chose an easy way to blame Apple.

By far your stupidest comment because it's a known fact that Apple IS AT FAULT. You're just not qualified to be having this conversation.
Nalim 3:30 PM - 14 February, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I don't have an exact number but you are definitely on the list.

Quote:
Rane chose an easy way to blame Apple.

By far your stupidest comment because it's a known fact that Apple IS AT FAULT. You're just not qualified to be having this conversation.

why da f*ck my sl3 doesn't work on El Capitan??? Every f*ucking hardware from NI to NUMARK works fine on a newest OS X. But Rane is still waiting for someone help!!!
Supagee 12:13 AM - 15 February, 2016
Well perhaps you need to read up on why it isn't working instead of acting the way you are.

Here this took me 4 clicks and bam you can educate yourself on the issue at hand.

dj.rane.com

Also this is affecting more than just RANE this is affecting a lot of other such companies like Apogee, and a whole host of others.

but due to your lack of using the internet i have pasted the 4 click answer for you here:

Technical Details & Status - Jan 13, 2016
The Rane TTM57mkII and MP2015 are USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant audio devices. They both precisely implement and strictly follow the USB Audio 2.0 specification originally published by usb.org on May 31, 2006.

To achieve the very best audio quality possible, Rane has chosen to implement the “asynchronous method" of clocking USB audio data. This essentially means the TTM57mkII and MP2015 products are the “clock master” and the host computer must adapt to the mixer’s audio clock. Being the clock master allows our mixers to maintain an extremely low jitter audio clock as well as synchronizing the audio on both USB ports simultaneously.

Apple’s OS X operating system includes built-in support for USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant devices, by use of its AppleUSBAudio I/O Kit based kernel driver. Please refer to Apple’s Technical Note TN2274 “Class Driver Overview” for more specific details:

There are several different ways asynchronous audio can be supported in the USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant specification. Rane has chosen to use the “implicit feedback method,” since this is the feedback method clearly recommend by Apple; "We recommend using implicit feedback when possible because it conserves both device and host resources, and increases feedback precision”. Please refer to Apple’s Technical Note TN2274 “Feedback for Asynchronous Output Streams” for more specific details:

Apple’s Technical Note TN2274 was originally published on June 7, 2010, and then updated on September 22, 2011, with the recommended feedback mechanism for asynchronous audio streams. Apple’s OS X version 10.7 Lion was release on July 20, 2011, and works flawlessly with our USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant devices. Since then there have been numerous OS X updates. With the brief exception of OS X 10.8, until recently none of these updates have effected the operation of our USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant products.

Since the introduction of OS X 10.11 El Capitan, the USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant asynchronous method of clocking audio data using implicit feedback is no longer working. Our analysis of the problem clearly indicates that this new version of OS X does not properly adapt to our product’s audio clock as per the USB Audio 2.0 specification. The issue in simplest terms is that the OS is trying to be the “clock master” instead of letting our USB Audio 2.0 device be the clock master. This is a fundamental mechanism of the USB Audio 2.0 specification, so we are currently not aware of any way to workaround this issue in our device’s firmware. This issue has been filed as a “bug” with Apple known as RADAR 23929871, and Apple is currently investigating the issue using our actual hardware.

Rane’s Core Audio USB driver-based products (all listed above except the MP2015 & TTM57mkII), are also currently incompatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Like the USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant products, our Core Audio USB driver based products utilize an asynchronous clocking scheme where the device is the clock master and the host computer must adapt its audio streams to match the actual clock rate of the device. For these products, Rane’s custom USB driver handles all the audio streaming to and from the actual hardware device. Our USB driver interfaces with the Apple OS X Core Audio system sending and receiving audio data. It is the responsibility of OS X Core Audio to adapt the clock rate of the audio streams in order to match the clock rate of the hardware device without resampling the audio data. Similar to the USB Audio 2.0 issue mentioned above, Core Audio is not providing the correct amount of audio data in time to our USB driver. Again, it is as if the OS is trying to be the “clock master” instead of letting the device be the clock master? This issue has also been filed as a “bug” with Apple known as RADAR 23709607, and Apple is currently investigating the issue using our actual hardware.

Please note before the El Capitan release, OS X was correctly adapting to all of our product’s audio clocks as expected. This is a top priority for Rane and we continue to work on these issues daily in hopes to find some workaround. However, until Apple provides us with more direction on how to resolve these new issues, we are unable to provide an El Capitan solution at this time.

Status - Jan 20, 2016
Apple has closed the bug for Rane’s TTM57mkII and MP2015 USB Audio 2.0 Class Compliant devices RADAR 23929871, and has reported that this issue is now fixed in the new El Capitan 10.11.4 Beta #1 build. Our testing here at Rane supports this claim and the asynchronous audio clock adaptation issue appears to be completely resolved in the 10.11.4 beta.

The Apple bug for Rane’s Core Audio USB driver-based products (all listed above except the MP2015 & TTM57mkII) RADAR 23709607, is still open and pending further action from Apple. However, the new El Capitan 10.11.4 Beta #1 build appears to have improved the symptoms of this bug. Audio streaming works better than it did in previous versions of El Capitan, but is still far from perfect. We are continuing to work closely with Apple on resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Please note: El Capitan 10.11.4 is currently not released to the public yet. It is only the first beta build. Apple typically has 2 or 3 beta builds before a version is released to the public. If you are an Apple Developer, you can download and try out the latest beta here: beta.apple.com
djquil 11:25 PM - 18 February, 2016
i made the mistake of upgrading my macbook about a month ago to el capitain so i had to spend about 180$ for my computer guy to switch my hardware back to Yosemite and keep my iTunes library just the way it is cause i play thru my iTunes crates and still to this day my NS7 is not compatible SO READ CAREFULLY GUYS BEORE UPGRADING
Supagee 6:35 AM - 19 February, 2016
DJquil you may need to revert your drivers or firmware back on your NS7 to work properly with the older OS. Just a thought!
djquil 11:39 PM - 24 February, 2016
@Supagee yea its already taken care of bro now i have awhile new issue i got amid 2015 macbook and didn't look into the storage and all my music doesn't fit on it so now I'm going to see if i can just run my iTunes thru an external hardrive and play that was cause i use my crates thru iTunes
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 7:38 PM - 3 March, 2016
Hello Everyone,

As for Numark users, both Numark NS6 and NS7 users are now supported on El Capitan with the latest Mac OSX 10.11 Driver v3.3.7 (Beta) driver. Log onto the appropriate product pages to download the driver. The driver download will be listed under the Downloads section.

www.numark.com
www.numark.com
DJ Rob D. 8:27 AM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

because a clear majority of them could care less about reading and research until after something goes wrong. But failure is the greatest teacher so a select few will learn a lesson in professionalism from this.

i agree! i was looking into upgrading also, but after 5 minutes of researching , i found out that its best not too...KEY WORDS??? "5 MINUTES Of RESEACH!"
Djaward 5:39 AM - 19 March, 2016
My S9 will not play nice with my new Mac, please help.

I just purchased both and I can seem to get the S9 to go into the "CUSTOM" in the Audio tab.

I get an error that reads
"S9 Setting Utility Quit Unexpectedly"

The drivers and Firmware have been updated.

The specs on the Mac are
-Mid 2015, 15 inch retina display
-El Capitan 10.11.3
-16 gigs of Ram
-Serato dj 1.8.1

S9 is the Gold version if that matters.
Firmware 1.06

The S9 opens up in Serato and plays music. I just cant get into the Settings utility.

How can I fix this?
pdidy 11:40 PM - 23 March, 2016
Rane & El capitan update
dj.rane.com
Dj Jaro 7:09 AM - 24 March, 2016
Up!
Dj Plinio Brasil 12:28 AM - 30 March, 2016
I think a lack of respect for rane towards users, as expensive software should have support for all operating systems , in my opinion , find a disregard of rane rane with the users serato SL / 1
Supagee 3:26 AM - 30 March, 2016
New OS works with my SL 3 and DDJ-SX and actually had no issues last night when i used an SL4 for a 3 hour set.

i am happy now that i can use the new OS as i have a brand new Mac that wasn't getting utilized to it's fullest with the older version
Djaward 12:53 AM - 18 April, 2016
So I took my New Mac book pro 15 inch to a gig yesterday. This mac has El Capitan installed in it. Im using my 900 SRT and everything is working fine for about half hour..

All of the sudden, my DISTORTION line is full blow red and my tracks sound like crap. I had this happen on the S9 and toAn fix it, I had to disconnect USB cable and reconnect. I cant do this during a gig so I had to connect to iTunes via aux cable into the headphone jack and out to RCA.

This problem happened at least 5 times before I said EFF it and use my older mac (Glad I brought it).

I saw this article and my mac falls is the affected macs (mine is 11,5)

Has this happened to anyone yet? Anyone know how to fix this?

I tried to update drivers to 1.9 but that didnt work, however I did not restart my computer because I had iTunes running.
Djaward 1:00 AM - 18 April, 2016
heres the link I was talking about

support.serato.com
dj_old_school wild sound 6:29 PM - 22 April, 2016
uff long time i haven't been in this forum and still no update for el capitan man wow!!!! by the time they have a update for el capitan, el capitan will change to space nasa rocket jaja man i miss my SL2
dahuhn 6:48 PM - 22 April, 2016
it's not seratos fault, ask rane....!!!
AYANX #234 6:46 AM - 23 April, 2016
Guys!
Profesional please !
if you`ve trouble on El Capitan, just downgrade to yosemite.

cheers !
Skinny G. 4:34 AM - 26 April, 2016
There are Rane drivers specifically for el Capitan now. They are on Rane's website, under support for your particular device.
Dj Jaro 7:13 PM - 26 April, 2016
The Rane drivers work but only if you you're using SSL with the SL3 and Controllers with SDJ. If you use SDJ with say a Rane SL3, eventually the timing falls off and the software has a delay. Like a full 1-2 seconds!
Supagee 9:27 PM - 26 April, 2016
I don't know about that man i have been using the new drivers for the SL3 and el Capitan and SDJ 1.9 with no issues.
Djaward 11:32 PM - 26 April, 2016
Quote:
Guys!
Profesional please !

cheers !

Its not that easy for some. Im pretty much stuck where Im at so Im trying to work around it.

I can now say everything is working perfectly fine after updating drivers for all 3 versions of Serato dj,
pdidy 4:44 AM - 27 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Guys!
Profesional please !
cheers !

Its not that easy for some. Im pretty much stuck where Im at so Im trying to work around it.

You or they are not actually "stuck" per se, the real issue is having the technical know how and then implementing it. This of course may be moot too you at this point because you're perfect.
djgizmo27 4:06 PM - 29 April, 2016
I UPDATED TO EL CAPITAN AND HAD NO ISSUES WITH SERATO SCRATCH LIVE. NEVER LIKED SERATO DJ, TOO UNSTABLE, HOWEVER I HAVE IT WITH ALL THE UPGRADES AND WITH EL CAPITAN ITS JUST ISSUES AFTER ISSUES. ILL STICK TO MY SCRATCH LIVE, RANE SIXTY TWO AND 1200's.
Skinny G. 5:16 PM - 29 April, 2016
safe bet, is to back up your serato folder. uninstall ssl and sdj and all rane drivers, then re-install everything. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FOLDER FIRST!
Skinny G. 5:19 PM - 29 April, 2016
Quote:
I UPDATED TO EL CAPITAN AND HAD NO ISSUES WITH SERATO SCRATCH LIVE. NEVER LIKED SERATO DJ, TOO UNSTABLE, HOWEVER I HAVE IT WITH ALL THE UPGRADES AND WITH EL CAPITAN ITS JUST ISSUES AFTER ISSUES. ILL STICK TO MY SCRATCH LIVE, RANE SIXTY TWO AND 1200's.

I never understood posts like these. What addition are you making to the conversation? There are people in need of assistance in the forums and you post this drivel in all caps...

When posting, please take the time to offer assistance to those in need or ask questions, not fill an already long topic, with more unnecessary banter.
tatts 5:21 AM - 30 April, 2016
i uninstall /reinstall and then it will play only once again.
if its unplugged and plugged back into the 57 it says hardware disconnected and will not work again.unless i reinstall
I just cannot understand why it works once then it will not work until its deleted and installed again
new mac from early 2015
tried deleting kext file but still says hardware disconnected
i cannot understand how it actually works then will not work again
obviously its compatible otherwise it would never work
any help would be appreciated
thanks
mbxluis 6:05 PM - 4 May, 2016
ay man i haven't had a scratch session in TWO days i need my fix. alright ill play with vinyls hope this makes u 90's djs happy../
Carlo Frascaroli 6:52 PM - 4 May, 2016
Hi Serato Guys, can you help me? dou yo know if Rane have a ETA for the release of the new osx drivers?
Supagee 10:49 PM - 5 May, 2016
just go to their site

dj.rane.com
pdidy 11:41 PM - 5 May, 2016
Quote:
Hi Serato Guys, can you help me? dou yo know if Rane have a ETA for the release of the new osx drivers?

Rane, serato and many other major companies are not in the habit of giving out ETA release dates. And for good reason, In this business there can and always will be unforeseen setbacks, delays and complete failures beyond the companies control. When companies provide ETA's, users will hold them too it and hold it AGAINST them in very bad ways if its not achieved. This in fact happened too Serato in the past and its users made them pay for it badly (Lesson learned). Companies don't want or need this type of Bad Press or Public Relations. So from a business point of view its smart to avoid it entirely.

The new motto is "It will be ready when its ready" :)
Jest01 3:11 PM - 10 May, 2016
When can we expect Serato DJ to work with the SL4 (El Capitan)?
dahuhn 3:16 PM - 10 May, 2016
please ask the guys from rane, they built the drivers for the boxes ;) dj.rane.com
Numark
NumarkCorey 7:32 PM - 16 May, 2016
Hi Everyone!

As Chris had mentioned back in December, Numark has been busy working on new drivers for the NS7, NS6, 4 Trak and V7 to support the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.11/El Capitan.

I'm glad to announce that all of these drivers have been officially released with the 4Trak and V7 drivers being released today!

To download the latest drivers, navigate to the respective product page and look for the available download link under the Downloads section on the right side of the page.

www.numark.com

Thanks!
The Real Dj Danger 2:25 AM - 24 May, 2016
NumarkCorey...... I see the BETA driver download for NS7, is this a beta, or, an official release. The only one I see for NS7 says beta .

Thanks in advance
Numark
NumarkCorey 2:59 PM - 24 May, 2016
Quote:
NumarkCorey...... I see the BETA driver download for NS7, is this a beta, or, an official release. The only one I see for NS7 says beta .

Thanks in advance

Yes, the Beta driver is correct. I believe this title is preliminary in case any issues arise, but so far the driver is in perfect working order.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
The Real Dj Danger 1:40 AM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance

Yes, the Beta driver is correct. I believe this title is preliminary in case any issues arise, but so far the driver is in perfect working order.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you sir. I still have not decided to go the route of El Capitan, but, I'm glad to know I can.
AndisThaBarber 4:59 AM - 25 May, 2016
Quote:
good question, anybody have answers?
Supagee 9:00 AM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
good question, anybody have answers?

ASK RANE!
acoustyx 6:30 PM - 11 June, 2016
When will Serato DJ work with the SL3 and El Capitan!?!?!?
dahuhn 9:42 AM - 14 June, 2016
SL2 / SL4 Beta Drivers are available:

dj.rane.com
Carlo Frascaroli 1:07 PM - 14 June, 2016
Quote:
SL2 / SL4 Beta Drivers are available:

dj.rane.com

Thanks!!! Testing :)
dj_old_school wild sound 5:38 PM - 14 June, 2016
beta drivers make my mac go crazy don't use it i have to installed in order for the mac to even reboot and when it reboot make your computer not to reboot
dj_old_school wild sound 5:40 PM - 14 June, 2016
i mean uninstall the beta driver i installed it and when i restart man my computer didn't want to reboot it stay in the apple and show a buch of crazy lathers
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:11 PM - 14 June, 2016
Hi dj_old_school wild sound,

Please remember the released Rane SL 2 and SL 4 drivers are currently in beta and should be treated as unstable. Some connection issues may still occur using the SL 2, SL 4 Rane products on El Capitan, please refer to the Rane El Capitan Troubleshooting guide (dj.rane.com) if you do encounter connection issues.

We will let you know once they pass all of our testing :)

Regards
Carlo Frascaroli 3:30 AM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
beta drivers make my mac go crazy don't use it i have to installed in order for the mac to even reboot and when it reboot make your computer not to reboot

Hi Men
I don't have the same problem
works perfect for me, I have to continue testing it.

Did you follow the instructions?
I made everything they says and it works!!!!! :)
Carlo Frascaroli 3:31 AM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Men
I don't have the same problem
works perfect for me, I have to continue testing it.

Did you follow the instructions?
I made everything they says and it works!!!!! :)

Im running Sl4 box!
dj_old_school wild sound 5:56 PM - 22 June, 2016
brothers i build computers and not everyone might have the set up but i did follow all the steps and when i restart my computer it was acting like showing all the BIO of apple buch of small letters when the apple logo appears when restart will try again but man right now i giving up on the SL2 that really is the workhorse of rane i guess they pushing everyone to buy the denon that is a copy cat of the SL1
Carlo Frascaroli 11:48 PM - 22 June, 2016
:(

Sl4 still working perfect
15 Hours of continuos work

Hope you solve the problem with the sl2
mister_wilson 1:23 AM - 29 June, 2016
dj.rane.com

Looks like Rane is getting close. Although release candidate is not a final version, its a step up from beta testing and suggests that Rane believes they have no significant bugs.
dj_old_school wild sound 12:07 AM - 2 July, 2016
any one the latest beta for el capitan version 10.11.5 and Rane Sl2
Supagee 5:32 AM - 2 July, 2016
.5 update for el captain was extremely minor so using it won't make any difference
DJ JUGGY SALT LAKE CITY 4:54 PM - 16 July, 2016
if you DL the el capitan OS are you out of luck if you want to continue to use scratch live? i did this last night with out knowing any help for this dummy would be appreciated
Yorgos Arabatzis 5:30 PM - 16 July, 2016
One way...Yosemite
max_imus 8:47 PM - 20 July, 2016
Drivers finally seem to be final for SL2-4
dj.rane.com

Will these self-install for SL3 & 4 after connecting?
Hot Mix BK 5:35 AM - 22 July, 2016
So... has Serato DJ and El Capitan decided to get along , or should I stick with Yosemite?
Skinny G. 6:12 AM - 31 July, 2016
They get along. Check your hardware website.
chevy876 6:27 PM - 11 August, 2016
so i update the drivers and now dj works fine but scratch live dose not connect
I'm so done with elcappitan smh
Supagee 5:25 AM - 12 August, 2016
scratch live has been unsupported software for quite some time now. You need to use Serato DJ.
Wewe 3:35 PM - 26 August, 2016
hi,,, new here, I am using DDJ S1 itch and OS El Kapitan, and until now my software (Serato Itch) has not recognized my hardware... please advise. thank you,,,
MEXISURF_PRODUCTIONS 3:40 PM - 14 October, 2016
I currently have an old TM57 SL RANE Mixer and a new MacBook Air with Captain OSX 10.11.1 and the mixer will not connect. The software opens, but with only one turnable and no viewable library from iTunes (external drive works fine!).

The Serato program in the margin wants me to re-purchase two options?

What do you recommend? Redownloading Serato DJ or Scratch Live? Purchase something additional through your website...ugggh!!*&$*
Supagee 5:15 AM - 15 October, 2016
your mixer i don't believe is able to work with serato DJ, you might want to tray Scratch Live see if it works.
DJ GLO NY 2:37 PM - 31 October, 2016
Team -

Have an older unibody 15" MBP running OSX 10.9 (held back upgrades for Scratch Live) that I run with a Rane TTM 57SL.

If I purchase a new MBP, is it safe to use adapters running between the Thunderbolt 3 & Midi Controller USB?

Appreciate your insights.

-G
Supagee 11:03 PM - 31 October, 2016
It should be fine!
DJ GLO NY 8:27 PM - 12 November, 2016
Thanks Supagee. Opted to purchase a leftover Retina running El Capitan. SSL running smooth with my 57SL + my SL2 box. Likewise, just had to download a newer version of SDJ for my SB2.

Thanks for the assistance!
DJ Tommy Tee 4:23 AM - 22 December, 2016
I just purchase two month ago Pioneer Serato DDJ-SX2. I have a Macbook Pro I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Software. My question to anyone is Serato DJ compatible with Mac OS X 10.11
El Capitan? Are there any major issue's that I need be concern about!
Supagee 6:15 AM - 24 December, 2016
There has not been any issues with serato and sierra (the latest OS)
DJ Tommy Tee 7:55 AM - 26 December, 2016
Thanks for the assistance I'm going to go head with my software update.