Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Forum

EXM 10:59 PM - 3 October, 2015
I would like to see a delete option for deleting other users posts only on the discussion the user initially started.
Davideon 7:45 AM - 4 October, 2015
I would like to see members posting in the correct forums
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:49 PM - 6 October, 2015
lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 11:36 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
I would like to see a delete option for deleting other users posts only on the discussion the user initially started.

Why?

Not something we would be looking into to be honest EXM, I am not sure I see a good reason why we would want to but I am all ears?
EXM 11:48 PM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Why?

Not something we would be looking into to be honest EXM, I am not sure I see a good reason why we would want to but I am all ears?

I just think it would be a better forum if the option was available. There are times when opinions should be given and times when I would rather not read someone's opinion. It would give users the right to show there image the way they perceive it as well as the way they wish to portray. There would be advantages and disadvantages like any other aspect in life. I don't really care either way I just feel it would be something positive.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 11:57 PM - 6 October, 2015
Okay, one of the most important things about the Serato.com forum is that we do not edit its content. We respect all opinions held and are happy for them to be shared freely as long as users abide by our (very short) list of rules;

Quote:
If you participate in the community you must agree to:

Be nice to others.
Not pass yourself off as an employee of Serato, or an employee of any Serato business partner.
Not post advertisements for any product or service.
Not post any contact details.
Anyone who breaches these rules may have their Serato community privileges removed.

Quote:
It would give users the right to show there image the way they perceive it as well as the way they wish to portray.

This is what a personal website or fan page etc is for :) somewhere you have control over the direction and portrayal of the content, this being the Serato site we decided we would like to let everybody have there say, if you don't want people opinions you will have to just skip reading them :)
EXM 12:01 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Okay, one of the most important things about the Serato.com forum is that we do not edit its content. We respect all opinions held and are happy for them to be shared freely as long as users abide by our (very short) list of rules;

Quote:
If you participate in the community you must agree to:

Be nice to others.
Not pass yourself off as an employee of Serato, or an employee of any Serato business partner.
Not post advertisements for any product or service.
Not post any contact details.
Anyone who breaches these rules may have their Serato community privileges removed.

Quote:
It would give users the right to show there image the way they perceive it as well as the way they wish to portray.

This is what a website is for :) somewhere you have control over the direction and portrayal of the content, this being the Serato site we decided we would like to let everybody have there say, if you don't want people opinions you will have to just skip reading them :)

You can skip my post then. It was a personal suggestion.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:03 AM - 7 October, 2015
Yup fair enough man, I see where you are coming from but just dropping in to let you know where we kind of stand on it. This has come up before and will come up again, we aren't close minded about it but just want to make sure we keep the right sense of community here.

I guess our greatest fear is that the forum becomes boring and nobody reads or reply to posts because they feel like they will not be listened to and/or opinions deleted!

I can't think of many major sites that have forums that do allow this kind of user admin management, are there any you know of? Interesting concept, it would work well for some I am sure but we like the hustle and bustle of serato.com :)
EXM 12:05 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Yup fair enough man, I see where you are coming from but just dropping in to let you know where we kind of stand on it. This has come up before and will come up again, we aren't close minded about it but just want to make sure we keep the right sense of community here.

I guess our greatest fear is that the forum becomes boring and nobody reads or reply to posts because they feel like they will not be listened to and/or opinions deleted!

I can't think of many major sites that have forums that do allow this kind of user admin management, are there any you know of? Interesting concept, it would work well for some I am sure but we like the hustle and bustle of serato.com :)

I don't really care that much this is not my site.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:08 AM - 7 October, 2015
Well alright, just answering your request.

By the way EXM, if you want to make feature requests the best place to do so is here; serato.com we monitor this area much more frequently.

Thanks,

Jas.
deejdave 1:57 AM - 7 October, 2015
This is the feature request section :)
EXM 2:01 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:

You can delete this doesn't matter. I thought this was part of the product. I don't really use forums.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 2:05 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:

woah media.giphy.com

looks like ya boy Jason needs another coffee to sharpen up heh, you were in the right spot all along EXM I apologise, too many tabs open ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:28 AM - 7 October, 2015
No... It should be posted in the Website Discussion.

Double shot expresso
Davideon 11:04 AM - 7 October, 2015
Can we delete all of EXMs posts please?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 1:30 AM - 8 October, 2015
Play nice kids :)