Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

OSX El Capitan - Club Kit And Serato DJ not working?!!

DJ-BRETT-HALEY 3:54 PM - 3 October, 2015
Hi guys,

Got a major problem...

Downloaded and installed the new OSX yesterday thinking that as usual serato wouldnt have no problems.. Until i got to the club and plugged in my DJM 900 and Serato connected then disconnected. Luckily had an SL3 box and that worked but the audio kept glitching.. Had to play off a usb for 2 minutes whilst i opened Scratch Live and used the SL3 with that fine for the night...? Any ideas on why it's glitching every 30 seconds or so, complete audio drop outs for 1-2 seconds? and the DJM 900 won't even stay connected?

Thanks!

Brett!
Davideon 5:05 PM - 3 October, 2015
Considering both pioneer and serato have publicly advised NOT upgrading to El capitan, I think it's safe to say that's the problem
DJ-BRETT-HALEY 5:08 PM - 3 October, 2015
know of any way to fix this?! or have i just gotta wait till the update!
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:52 PM - 3 October, 2015
Get a usb3 mem stick ir if your mac has a card reader and install older osx on that and boot from that until serato support 10.11
DJ-BRETT-HALEY 5:57 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Get a usb3 mem stick ir if your mac has a card reader and install older osx on that and boot from that until serato support 10.11

Will all my apps, files and music still be the same?!
maarawoe 8:57 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Will all my apps, files and music still be the same?!

You should ask yourself this question before you upgraded even when serato and pioneer strongly recommended not to upgrade... ;-)
pdidy 3:36 AM - 4 October, 2015
Hey DJ-BRETT-HALEY. Welcome to the Serato forum, class is starting now.
dj_old_school wild sound 3:24 PM - 4 October, 2015
guys serato won't work with el capitan, some people might have no issues, my after i update serato dj won't even open it freeze missing drivers because el capitan don't reconized serato, also if you use native instruments products like maschine will have conflicts with logic pro x.........me work or not my friends i update to el capitan because if not later they will charge you........if you update to el capitan you will have to wait until all the music industry play catch up with the capitan lol
Marc Y. 4:24 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:
.........me work or not my friends i update to el capitan because if not later they will charge you........

People are upgrading right away because it's free right now. They don't want to pay for the upgrade later which will be what, around $200? They don't want to pay for the upgrade but yet, they are willing to lose more money by not being able to do gigs. SMH
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:43 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
.........me work or not my friends i update to el capitan because if not later they will charge you........

People are upgrading right away because it's free right now. They don't want to pay for the upgrade later which will be what, around $200? They don't want to pay for the upgrade but yet, they are willing to lose more money by not being able to do gigs. SMH

What total 100% crap you talking OSX is free anytime! This is not crappy Windows. Jesus.
Marc Y. 4:59 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What total 100% crap you talking OSX is free anytime! This is not crappy Windows. Jesus.

@LJ_WOOLSEY, thanks for clarifying this. Obviously, I am on a Windows based PC and never had a Mac. I just based my response to the OP's post. I, myself, don't jump on the new OS bandwagon right away even when it is offered for free (like Windows 10). I am currently on 8.1 (in fact my desktop is still on 7) and have zero issues. The only reason I have 8.1 on my gig laptop was due to the fact that bought a new laptop. Whatever issues I encountered before were user error issues, not software nor hardware. Again, thanks for clarifying. Cheers!
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:00 PM - 4 October, 2015
Oh ok then i take it back haha but yes it's always free.
Stu J 6:38 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well said.
ElliotDCB 7:56 PM - 4 October, 2015
The attitude on some of these posts is typical of how people act with no class, discipline or empathy on the internet.

The poor guy has started this post on here to get help, he obviously isn't very clued up on the fact that El Capitan isn't compatible yet.

As an early adopter & techy guy as most DJs are you get excited for a new OS to come out & want to update.

The real issue here is that Serato for whatever reason weren't as prepared as myself & I'm sure many other users were hoping. Many other software vendors small & large have their software ready to go for El Capitan on day one & it's a frustrating situation as a consumer to be in.

I'm sure they're working very hard right now on it but it could be a day, a week or even a month before Serato releases fixes & when Apple release numerous betas, GMs etc. it just seems to be very reactive rather than proactive which is just not good.
maarawoe 9:28 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:

The poor guy has started this post on here to get help, he obviously isn't very clued up on the fact that El Capitan isn't compatible yet.

For such poor guys is the serato and pioneer sendig emails and posting on social networks, warning users that its not yet compatible.
It was posted before it was released ... If sdj is critical for him, he should proactively check the compatibility prior upgrading to the new os - at least it makes perfectly sense...
DJ-BRETT-HALEY 10:07 PM - 4 October, 2015
I basically have been away and the update popped up, havent checked any emails or anything until i upgraded yesterday, Now i'm stuck using SSL lol silly me! Any ways to revert back to Yosemite without losing anything like files/music etc.. Haven't done a time machine backup either as i thought serato would just work as it usually does!

Thanks!
ElliotDCB 11:28 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

For such poor guys is the serato and pioneer sendig emails and posting on social networks, warning users that its not yet compatible.
It was posted before it was released ... If sdj is critical for him, he should proactively check the compatibility prior upgrading to the new os - at least it makes perfectly sense...

Serato sent an E-Mail out 2 days after El Capitan was released.....
monchi 1:18 AM - 5 October, 2015
There have always been issues with latest and greatest OS updates, why would this be different. Common sense is I guess not common
Supagee 7:10 AM - 5 October, 2015
funny thing about all this is there will be people that just don't do due diligence and jump on the new OS then worry about why their stuff isn't working.

Just like there are people that still think that their hard drives are full proof and don't BACK UP their shit, then they get on the net and start crying that they lost their hard drive full of important stuff.

If you choose to update your computer software with no regard for education yourself on wether it will work with your current applications THAT IS YOUR STUPIDITY. Don't blame the software companies, blame yourself.
ElliotDCB 7:37 AM - 5 October, 2015
I haven't updated, I have used my "common sense".

Are you screaming at your screen when you use ALL CAPS?
Davideon 8:15 AM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serato sent an E-Mail out 2 days after El Capitan was released.....

Has it ever been advisable to update your OS before the software is tested and approved?

Or is this a new thing with El capitan?
ElliotDCB 8:22 AM - 5 October, 2015
Not everyone is as knowledgeable as you I'm sure.

Although this is a professional software, with the way DJing has become it is a very casual thing for people now, even recreational & a lot of that market won't know this.

The issue I have is Serato been reactive instead of proactive with this problem.
dj_old_school wild sound 1:15 PM - 5 October, 2015
well guys i can afford to loose giggs and prefer test technology jaja guys if you come to my garage is disney land for djs.......i can afford to wait so i prefer to update and push the limit of technology......and test the operating system with the softwares and see how they perform...........you all can quote me all you want lol.............is not about the money with me iam retire i make good money trust me.......but i care about those who are beginners and don't have the resources..........and don't understand the concept of a OX for Wind or MAC.......guys the OX is the heart of the computer with always better security and improve performance..........everyone to its own but i upgrade the EL Capitan is great......if you have parties of course don't upgrade yet.........but if you like me and like to test everything and push the limits of dj a little more them please SMH :)
maxi_mus 4:07 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
well guys i can afford to loose giggs and prefer test technology jaja guys

hang lose, dude
maarawoe 6:10 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
well guys i can afford to loose giggs and ......)

What a mind scouring.........
PopRoXxX 6:50 PM - 5 October, 2015
Crap in the system changes SO much from beta to beta to beta to GM to GM2 etc.

While it's easy for small companies and software companies that put out regular apps to be ready for the new OS release ...... major music/video/graphic intense software that requires hardware to make it work = the companies that make the drivers to make said hardware work HAVE to wait for the final OS release to make sure they're building the drivers correctly for the platform. It's no where near the same as your word processing apps, calendars, Skype and other small stuff.

Quit blaming Serato for all this crap
rickymart 7:51 PM - 5 October, 2015
DJ-BRETT-HALEY, I feel your pain. This happened to me once with an iTunes upgrade back in 2013, even though my normal approach is to wait.

Anyway, here's the link for downloading the last version of Yosemite, 10.10.5, so you can revert your machine:
support.apple.com

BTW, Native Instruments and dozens of music production software and hardware manufacturers have also posted incompatibility warnings about this newest OS X 10.11.

So it's not just Serato that's in this predicament.

Peace.
dj_old_school wild sound 10:05 PM - 5 October, 2015
ust saying since so many want to quote others. me i waiting for the new version of serato that support el capitan and right away will put it to the tested.
dj_old_school wild sound 10:06 PM - 5 October, 2015
just saying
hally_b18 8:39 PM - 6 October, 2015
any progress on this?

I had to rebuild my mac book and im stuck on OSX 10.6.8 and SSJ 1.6.2 until El Capitan is compatible. Yosemite is no longer available to download in the App store.
Supagee 8:45 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hally_B18 about 3 posts up there was this link:

support.apple.com

it is for yosemite.
hally_b18 8:59 PM - 6 October, 2015
will that update allow me to go from 10.6.8 to Yosmite 10.10.5?
hally_b18 9:27 PM - 6 October, 2015
doesnt work - need 10.10
Beta 12:02 AM - 7 October, 2015
Hey guys, I am not clear what exactly is Serato Dj doing/not doing that is making this a problem? I have seen the Warnings from Pioneer, Serato, NI etc. so I guess it really is a serious thing, but what is it? Straight non-detection of hardware?
DJ STRETCH - NYC 3:12 AM - 7 October, 2015
ElliotDCB 7:34 AM - 13 October, 2015
Any update from Serato on this?

Almost 2 weeks since it was released now
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:38 AM - 13 October, 2015
You guys today so egar! I remeber when Windows 8 took TWO YEARS for Serato to support. Can't remeber how long Yosemite took but it defo was alot more than TWO WEEKS. Normally a few months. You also got the hardware partners that need uodated Drivers ect ect.
pdidy 7:53 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Any update from Serato on this?

Almost 2 weeks since it was released now

There was once a teacher who gave his pupils some seeds so they could plant, and look after, their very own sunflower. One boy in the class, who loved sunflower seeds, was so excited that he planted the seed and looked after it with great care for many days.

When the first shoot finally appeared, the boy, filled with impatience, went to see his teacher.

-"Can I uproot it yet?"

he asked, anxiously. The teacher answered that he would still have to tend the plant for quite some time before he would be able to collect many seeds from just one sunflower. The boy was disappointed, but he kept on looking after his sunflower.

However, he grew increasingly impatient, and did little else but pester his teacher about wanting to take out the plant. Despite the teacher asking him to be patient, as soon as the boy saw the sunflower's first seeds, he cut the plant so he could eat them. But the plant was still green, the seeds were not ripe, and of course they couldn't be eaten.

The boy was devastated: He had put so much effort into caring for the sunflower, but in the end he had squandered it all for a simple lack of patience. And he was even angrier when he saw how enormous his classmates' sunflowers grew. Ultimately, he resolved not to be so impatient in the future, and to listen to his teacher. Fortunately, he wasn't completely out of luck, and his friends were good enough to share their delicious sunflower seeds with him.
boabmatic 8:28 AM - 13 October, 2015
there is also the issue that Apple have fixed some audio problems in 10.11.1.

ask.audio

So guess they need to be wary of fixing something on 10.11 but then breaking when 10.11.1 comes out.

Or maybe that they dont need to do anything to SDJ once 10.11.1 comes out?
ElliotDCB 8:29 AM - 13 October, 2015
If I want some philosophy I'll watch some Steve Harper.

Careful looking down on us from your ivory tower you might fall.
ElliotDCB 8:30 AM - 13 October, 2015
Harvey*
Davideon 8:37 AM - 13 October, 2015
But what is the rush?
ElliotDCB 8:43 AM - 13 October, 2015
As an Apple enthusiast I'd like to be able to update to the latest OS to try out new features etc. , but as a DJ that works every week I can't do this.
Davideon 9:00 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
As an Apple enthusiast I'd like to be able to update to the latest OS to try out new features etc. , but as a DJ that works every week I can't do this.

What's more important to you?
pdidy 9:07 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:

Well that's not exactly true because you can, you simply have not taken advantage of your many SAFE options.
1. Partition your drive for dual booting and install el capitan on separate partition.
2. install el capitan on bootable external drive.
3. (Or my personal favorite) Acquire an additional Mac for testing and backup.
boabmatic 10:47 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:

I've got El Capitan running on a 64Gb SD card for testing on my main MBP, a bit slower to boot and open apps compared to the internal SSD but still gives you enough to test out compatibility without having to add additional partitions to the main drive.

The initial El Capitan betas were shocking with SDJ 1.7.8 but the El Cap released version and SDJ 1.8 beta is looking better with my Rane 62.

I'm waiting until 10.11.1 before thinking about updating though.
djfreefall 8:28 PM - 13 October, 2015
10.11.1 beta will NOT fix issues with SDJ. I tried it on my wife's computer and the hardware is still not being recognized.
akakak 8:47 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
10.11.1 beta will NOT fix issues with SDJ. I tried it on my wife's computer and the hardware is still not being recognized.

With which hardware? We're also waiting on new Pioneer drivers…
BleedR 1:39 AM - 14 October, 2015
Quote:

This states the opposite:

ask.audio
hally_b18 11:34 AM - 16 October, 2015
2 weeks... no fix yet.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:41 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
2 weeks... no fix yet.

Right and? You think all these issues be found fixed tested and put out in two weeks 😂😂😂 funny guy. You will be waiting months. So downgrade you osx.
akakak 11:59 AM - 16 October, 2015
Or just buy a £30 SD Card, and install Yosemite on that, and boot from it. Job done.
Def DJ Hypnotiq 6:07 PM - 16 October, 2015
I used a DDJ -SB Wednesday at a club and El Capitan worked fine!!! my Numark ns7 doesn't work though!!!
Dj Wunder 9:59 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
.. Haven't done a time machine backup either as i thought serato would just work as it usually does!

Yeah that was your 3rd mistake.

But serious question to all: What's the rush to update? I mean what am I missing? What is so urgent? I haven't even updated to Yosemite yet tbh.
DJCLEZ 2:40 AM - 24 October, 2015
IMPORTANT!!
Hey, guys if you download el capitan and update ur itunes to the latest one and your scratch live don't work. you'll need to use your' old ox disc and re-download it, don't forget to back up your music. then do this it will only take 3 mins to get your old music back and back to what you love.

www.idownloadblog.com
DJCLEZ 2:44 AM - 24 October, 2015
www.idownloadblog.com

Quote:
Hi guys,

Got a major problem...

Downloaded and installed the new OSX yesterday thinking that as usual serato wouldnt have no problems.. Until i got to the club and plugged in my DJM 900 and Serato connected then disconnected. Luckily had an SL3 box and that worked but the audio kept glitching.. Had to play off a usb for 2 minutes whilst i opened Scratch Live and used the SL3 with that fine for the night...? Any ideas on why it's glitching every 30 seconds or so, complete audio drop outs for 1-2 seconds? and the DJM 900 won't even stay connected?

Thanks!

Brett!
DJCLEZ 2:44 AM - 24 October, 2015
www.idownloadblog.com
Quote:
2 weeks... no fix yet.
DJCLEZ 2:49 AM - 24 October, 2015
Check this www.idownloadblog.com

www.idownloadblog.com
Quote:
I basically have been away and the update popped up, havent checked any emails or anything until i upgraded yesterday, Now i'm stuck using SSL lol silly me! Any ways to revert back to Yosemite without losing anything like files/music etc.. Haven't done a time machine backup either as i thought serato would just work as it usually does!

Thanks!
pdidy 2:57 AM - 24 October, 2015
HEY DJCLEZ ......Post that link again, 5 times is not enough.....
Supagee 8:07 AM - 24 October, 2015
hope he doesn't start complaining about not having a fix right away too.
ulyssesv 8:09 AM - 24 October, 2015
Just reporting my experience today:

Mac OS 10.11.1
Serato 1.7.8

DDJ-SX:
Worked fine, no dropouts, tested for about 30 minutes.

DJM-900 Nexus (Nexus App version 1.3.0) with Club Kit:
The DJM-900 app recognizes the connection, Serato shows the two deck for a split second, displays an error message on the status bar: "... Audio Failed!" and goes back to playback mode.

CDJ-2000 + CDJ-2000 Nexus with Traktor 2.7.3:
Worked perfectly for a 2 hour DJ set.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 10:07 PM - 23 December, 2015
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
Numark
NumarkCorey 7:30 PM - 16 May, 2016
Hi Everyone!

As Chris had mentioned, Numark has been busy working on new drivers for the NS7, NS6, 4 Trak and V7 to support the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.11/El Capitan.

I'm glad to announce that all of these drivers have been officially released with the 4Trak and V7 drivers being released today!

To download the latest drivers, navigate to the respective product page and look for the available download link under the Downloads section on the right side of the page.

www.numark.com

Thanks!