Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato - Closer to "traditonal" djing?

Wamp 10:55 PM - 24 September, 2015
Hi all

New guy here.

Long story short, I used to mix ( bedroom/ house party level) when I was younger, using 1210's and loved it. Then I grew up, got older, got married, had kids, and due to lack of time/money/ and space, my turntables ended up being sold.

But the bug never really left, and now I really want to get back into it.

TT's aren't an option, I still have neither the space, not the money for them. So I figured digital is the way to go.

From what I can gather ( and this is my question) Serato seems to be regarded as the purer DJ software, meaning its less aimed towards remixing / controllerism than Traktor is.

Would this be a fair assesment? If so then it's exactly what I need, as I want to feel as close to the mixing I did in my youth as I can.

Also, with this in mind, I figured I'd go for a Mixtrack Pro 3 for those lovely long pitch faders, and the fact that I've not got a huge amount to spend.

I gotta ask, hows the platters on the MIxtrack? I mean I know they're nothing like TT, but are they passable enough for cueing etc?

So yeah I'd love to hear input from anyone, especially those who have come back after a few years away!
Laz219 1:52 AM - 25 September, 2015
I'd say any software can be used as 'traditional' as you like, all the extra features are just options.
That being said, I'd have to say SDJ has the cleanest interface so if you want to just focus on straight mixing- you're not getting distracted with everything else.

Never used a mixtrack, so can't help you there. But if you want turntable feel- maybe look at an NS7.