DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

El Capitan

Royan Morris 12:41 PM - 15 September, 2015
Tested os x El Capitan GM candidate ,Working good with scratch live SL3 VERSION 2.5.0,,,,,,, . Serato dj version 1.7.8 not working , audio warning from start, just given you'll a heads up just in case anyone wanted to test os x version 10.11 (15A282a) My Specs ,MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009) 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
MikePulse 4:13 PM - 1 October, 2015
Same Prob,
el Captain 10.11.0

Pleas fix it!!!
PopRoXxX 6:50 PM - 1 October, 2015
On the professional side of things: You should always wait for the official announcement of support before upgrading to a new operating system on your gig machine
DjWoody 11:48 PM - 1 October, 2015
From Serato...

----------------

Mac OS X El Capitan

Serato DJ and Serato DJ Intro do not currently support Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11).

We do not recommend updating to El Capitan. We are currently investigating some early reports of serious compatibility issues with hardware connectivity and audio. We're working hard to ensure stability with this OS as soon as possible and there will be updates that add support in the near future.

If you have already updated and are experiencing issues, please contact the Serato Support Team so we can help.
Davideon 6:45 AM - 2 October, 2015
*bangs head against a wall*
DJBotz 11:08 AM - 2 October, 2015
Why do people update an OS that works fine with their current software/Hardware setup? This baffles me to no end, I just don't get it. I haven't updated my MacBook in over a year, maybe more. I have ZERO issues with My current 62/SSL/SDJ or my DDJ-SX2/SDJ combos. I can see if you are using your laptop for business purposes, and home use, but when its "Mission Critical", why would you even bother taking that chance?
pdidy 10:40 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
but when its "Mission Critical", why would you even bother taking that chance?

thats been our question of the day for the past few days.....lol

I think the answer is ignorance (by its true definition www.merriam-webster.com)
DJMark 11:55 PM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Why do people update an OS that works fine with their current software/Hardware setup? This baffles me to no end, I just don't get it.

Especially when they don't create a bootable backup before updating...
str8nger 1:32 AM - 6 October, 2015
I am so fucked! i updated and wish i never did, i been trying to find out how to uninstall it and go back to Yosemite shit part is my computer was never backed up...............FML!
DJ Matty Stiles 2:43 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
On the professional side of things: You should always wait for the official announcement of support before upgrading to a new operating system on your gig machine

THIS
DJ'Que 10:39 PM - 8 October, 2015
I need to update from snow leopard. which is the next best OS X to use.
pdidy 10:49 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
I need to update from snow leopard. which is the next best OS X to use.

depends on what laptop you currently own ?
DJ'Que 11:25 PM - 8 October, 2015
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
pdidy 11:34 PM - 8 October, 2015
10.8.5 mountain lion
pdidy 11:37 PM - 8 October, 2015
Im currently on 10.8.5 mountain lion and I refuse to leave until they force me to....lol
DJ'Que 11:38 PM - 8 October, 2015
ok thanks now I need to find it lol
dj_soo 11:52 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Im currently on 10.8.5 mountain lion and I refuse to leave until they force me to....lol

same boat.

Just downloaded Yosemite just in case but 10.8 is just too stable for me to fuck with right now.
pdidy 12:13 AM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

same boat.

Just downloaded Yosemite just in case but 10.8 is just too stable for me to fuck with right now.

I dont fuck with perfection, I leave it alone and be happy and crash free. Some of these guys need to consider that...lol
DJ'Que 12:56 AM - 9 October, 2015
I know its not supported but can I upgrade to Mac OS X El Capitan then back down to 10.8.5. I cant get nothing to work over to upgrade snow leopard.
 6 1:18 AM - 9 October, 2015
Yosemite has no issues.
nm
pdidy 1:19 AM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
I know its not supported but can I upgrade to Mac OS X El Capitan then back down to 10.8.5. I cant get nothing to work over to upgrade snow leopard.

WHY do you have to update ?
pdidy 1:21 AM - 9 October, 2015
WHY do you need to update right now instead of waiting till you can find mountain lion ?
DJ'Que 10:39 PM - 10 October, 2015
So I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.5 and now my 62 is not showing up. keeps saying 62 hardware connecting could take up to 1 minute. but nothing. this is also on my backup drive not my main one yet. once I get that dialed I will clone it to my main.
dj_soo 1:36 AM - 11 October, 2015
re-install the driver. I've seen this before. You'll have to do it manually.
DJ'Que 2:05 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
re-install the driver. I've seen this before. You'll have to do it manually.
I got it figured out had to uninstall all my serato dj and started from from serato live 2.5 that had the driver and installed the all. then installed serato dj 1.7.6 and it installed the 62 driver then did the same with 1.7.8 and that installed the drive also. now im good to go. I took the hd out my pocket drive and installed it in my mac now im about to clone.
dj_soo 4:38 PM - 11 October, 2015
there's an easier way to do it if it happens again:

right click on the SDJ icon -> Show Package Contents -> Contents -> Resources -> Package

Most of the gear driver installers are there.
deezlee 5:55 PM - 11 October, 2015
I'm looking at getting a new MacBook. I guess it won't work well w serato?
Im currently on a 2006 MacBook w 1.9.2 works flawlessly super stable.
Davideon 8:41 PM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:

Ssl?
deezlee 1:06 AM - 12 October, 2015
Yup
DJ'Que 4:53 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
wow your missing out big time
deezlee 8:09 AM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
wow your missing out big time

Missing out on crashes and dropouts!
I know what you mean but I play mostly real records so I use Serato the same way.
Will08272 1:55 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:

If you get a new machine from apple it will come with El Capitan Pre installed, so you'll have to make a bootable USB Yosemite or Mountain Lion drive, format the drive and install from the USB drive or wait till the issues with El Capitan get taken care of. But if you want to remain on SSL you'll want to go the route i first suggested and install Yosemite Or Mountain Lion on the machine.
deezlee 4:07 PM - 13 October, 2015
I don't care if I'm on ssl or sdj. I just want it to work! I guess I'll just stay on the 06 until serato works it out.
DJ Eazy B 6:59 PM - 15 October, 2015
If you use time capsule on the mac you can simply restore. Might not be of use to some but it sure worked for me when i went into the unknown of updating without without a cause.
Joee 10:32 PM - 15 October, 2015
Quote:
I am so fucked! i updated and wish i never did, i been trying to find out how to uninstall it and go back to Yosemite shit part is my computer was never backed up...............FML!

you could get another internal drive erase/reformat it instal in the mac and re-download the original OSX ,if you have a machine that has mavericks you can instal that also

i regularly instal newer / older versions of OSX on various macs without issues
DJ ICE SKULL 8:42 PM - 12 November, 2015
I don't mean to be rude but WTF is taking so long they knew about this 2 months in advance and still no fix but aplenty they can fix the Windows version ... Very disappointing
pdidy 12:51 AM - 13 November, 2015
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude but WTF is taking so long they knew about this 2 months in advance and still no fix but aplenty they can fix the Windows version ... Very disappointing

Well then you're disappointed with the WRONG company......Any information that led you too this conclusion is either lies of misinformation.

these are the real facts:

Who dropped the ball on this ? Good question and the answer is Apple.....

1. El Capitan was broken in compatibility with serato from beta to official release.

2. SERATO, RANE, PIONEER, NI, TRAKTOR AND NUMARK (and more) all affect with compatibility issues with El Capitan.
A. dj.rane.com
B. www.pioneerdj.com
C. www.numark.com
D. www.native-instruments.com

3. Apple is aware of the issue and is in the process of repairing it with a Beta (Rumored) to be coming soon. To my knowledge there is no official date for the Fix to be released by apple so it is logically impossible for Serato to provide a "Fix Date".

Therefore anyone who has alleged that serato is at fault here is providing you misinformation. SERATO, RANE, PIONEER, NI, TRAKTOR AND NUMARK are all waiting for apple.

Now once Apple has release a working fix that has been tested over a period of time and proven to work by Serato, Then and only then will it be supported.

Common sense states......This can not be rushed if you expect a quality product by Serato.

Any questions ?
Joee 12:57 AM - 13 November, 2015
to this day i don't get it?

i'm still on osx lion & moutin lion…….why change what you know works?

i know plenty of people that are on mavericks with no issues ….but i stay with what i know works!

what is the major need to rush & upgrade to the newest osx? there is no benefit to doing with gig machines

now maybe i'm one of the few as my serato macs do nothing but serto ……i use them for nothing else
pdidy 12:59 AM - 13 November, 2015
DJ ICE SKULL , if you are a professional working dj you should have been focused on reverting back to a previous working version of OSX not waiting for serato's fix.

support.serato.com
DJ ICE SKULL 2:32 PM - 13 November, 2015
Pdidy that's not the point the point is why isn't this fixed yet wen they found this problem 4 months ago when the beta was released
pdidy 4:30 PM - 13 November, 2015
Quote:
Pdidy that's not the point the point is why isn't this fixed yet wen they found this problem 4 months ago when the beta was released

did you read anything i wrote before my last reply ?
deezlee 4:44 PM - 13 November, 2015
As far as I know you can't revert a mac to a operating system that is older than it came with.
DJ Tecniq 8:55 PM - 13 November, 2015
Quote:
As far as I know you can't revert a mac to a operating system that is older than it came with.
Uh there's actually ways to roll back from El Capitan to Yosemite. I think Serato even have an article about how to do it. So if you have a new mac with El Capitan there are ways to go back. At least there should be.
deezlee 2:54 AM - 14 November, 2015
I'd like to see info on reverting a new Mac. I'd read that it can't be done.
dj_soo 6:45 AM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:

the problem is on apple's side - not serato's.
pdidy 1:52 PM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

people who refuse to read should be allowed to remain ignorant with no assistance from us.
DJMark 6:11 PM - 14 November, 2015
Quote:

If you bought a Mac model that came out at the same time or after a given OS release, it's very unlikely that OS releases from before that Macs day of release will work properly. The older OS probably won't include the right drivers for the newer hardware. There *might* be possible exceptions in cases where a "new Mac model" is just a minor speed bump of an older model.

If, on the other hand, you bought a new Mac that comes with El Capitan installed, but that same hardware originally shipped with Yosemite, you *should* be able to format the internal drive and install the older OS.

You could always test operation of such a "reverted" OS install by testing it with a spare external drive.

As to "audio software not working right with new Mac OS release", that's been an ongoing issue for the past quarter-century...nothing new there at all.
deezlee 6:41 PM - 14 November, 2015
thanks that makes sense
DJ Tecniq 1:48 AM - 17 November, 2015
Quote:
This was the link serato mentions www.gottabemobile.com
DjWoody 5:57 PM - 18 November, 2015
Just got an email from NI saying they fixed the problem and that Traktor is now officially supported. They mention that there's an update on both their end and on Apple's end that fixes the issue.

Hopefully this means Serato will follow soon.
Papa Midnight 12:38 AM - 19 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

people who refuse to read should be allowed to remain ignorant with no assistance from us.

I still can't help but find this funny considering the same thing happened when Yosemite released.

The same thing happened when Mavericks released.

The same thing happened when Mountain Lion released.

The same thing... ok this gets redundant after a while - but we've literally got years of experience telling people DON'T UPDATE TO A NEW OS ON YOUR PRODUCTION MACHINE, and yet here we are.
DJ ICE SKULL 11:50 PM - 19 November, 2015
Papa Midnight, if this has been happening for years why can't serato just deal with it before it becomes a problem.. a lot of people like me have not experienced this problem because i just started using serrate Dj like 5 months ago
dj_soo 10:51 AM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
Papa Midnight, if this has been happening for years why can't serato just deal with it before it becomes a problem.. a lot of people like me have not experienced this problem because i just started using serrate Dj like 5 months ago

because it is always on Apple's end. They make sweeping changes to their OS every year and bugs get through.
DJ ICE SKULL 1:49 PM - 20 November, 2015
So if it was on apple's end why is serato sayin that they are working on it ? And on top of that how is it that's they made the fix for Windows ?
pdidy 1:54 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
So if it was on apple's end why is serato sayin that they are working on it ? And on top of that how is it that's they made the fix for Windows ?

Clearly reading and comprehension was not your best subject.
DJ Guayo 5:25 PM - 20 November, 2015
The issue is with Apple. Serato is waiting on Apple to release the fix before working on the fix.

Apple Fix --> then Serato fix

It could be that Apple has released the fix and Serato will release it soon.

I work sales for a software company. The last thing we do is promise release dates. We simply say we are working on it. Lol
DJ ICE SKULL 6:03 PM - 20 November, 2015
Why does serato hav rude representatives that have to give some kind of smart Alex responses
Davideon 7:44 PM - 20 November, 2015
Quote:
Why does serato hav rude representatives that have to give some kind of smart Alex responses

They don't.
Joe Fresh 10:06 PM - 20 November, 2015
Serato DJ 1.8 is compatible with El Capitan 10.11.1. The hardware drivers are not.
We are waiting until Pioneer, Rane, Numark, etc. release updated drivers that will work with El Captian and their hardware.

Read - support.serato.com
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 9:51 PM - 23 December, 2015
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 9:53 PM - 23 December, 2015
Quote:
Hello All,

Class compliant Numark DJ controllers should have no issue connecting to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and are supported.

As a reminder, we do not recommend updating to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until your Numark product is listed as compatible from this article - www.numark.com

As for our older Numark products that require a driver download, Numark is currently testing out the latest El Capitan drivers for your Numark controllers. Now that all that current Numark products are supported, NS6 support is currently our top priority then followed closely by the NS7, 4TRAK and V7, based most importantly on the number of users out there. We're currently active in our third round of testing.

As always, as soon as the driver is ready, we will post the driver on the appropriate product pages.

Thanks!
That's good to hear now if only Rane could get on the same page and get the drivers out for us using rane devices. Good job Numark!
Numark
NumarkCorey 7:28 PM - 16 May, 2016
Hi Everyone!

As Chris had mentioned, Numark has been busy working on new drivers for the NS7, NS6, 4 Trak and V7 to support the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.11/El Capitan.

I'm glad to announce that all of these drivers have been officially released with the 4Trak and V7 drivers being released today!

To download the latest drivers, navigate to the respective product page and look for the available download link under the Downloads section on the right side of the page.

www.numark.com

Thanks!