DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Zac Efron's SHITTY movie.

MPC O.G. 1:48 PM - 31 August, 2015
That shit only made 1.8 million. It is OFFICIALLY the worst movie opening in HISTORY. Thanks to everyone who DIDN'T go see this. Maybe there's hope for DJ culture yet...
 6 4:08 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
That shit only made 1.8 million. It is OFFICIALLY the worst movie opening in HISTORY. Thanks to everyone who DIDN'T go see this. Maybe there's hope for DJ culture yet...

I saw this on my news feed and I lol'ed

nm
 6 4:11 PM - 31 August, 2015
Btw, it's actually #3 worst movie opening of all time.

nm
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 5:03 PM - 31 August, 2015
I guess all the fist pump and heart hand DJs and their crowds/followers went to see Straight Outta Compton.... lol

I think Compton did 13 mil this weekend after being out for 3 weeks

Parts of the WAYF Parody trailer still crack me up tho....

Watchwww.youtube.com
MPC O.G. 5:34 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
Btw, it's actually #3 worst movie opening of all time.

nm

Let me clarify. It's the worst WIDE RELEASE opening ever. 2000 screens or more constitutes a wide release. Either way, the Kool Aid was NOT drunk......
AKIEM 5:37 PM - 31 August, 2015
lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:07 PM - 31 August, 2015
The sad part is it only cost the studoo 2 mil to purchase the film so itll most likley still make some $$
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:11 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
I guess all the fist pump and heart hand DJs and their crowds/followers went to see Straight Outta Compton.... lol

True story. What makes me sick is now Im getting all of these wannabee thugs demanding NWA, and old dre and snoop tracks. Its like dude, its 2015, your white. and its a 105 degree night in Mobile Al....take off the fucking raiders jacket, you look ridiculous. Apparently pretending to be from Cali is back in style. I thought we left that in 98. Hopefully that Master P life story will be as good so these kids can go back to pretending to be from Nola
phonze 7:21 PM - 31 August, 2015
haha so true a lot of the EDM peeps went to see the NWA movie instead. I mean, at least that movie has some authenticity to it. they had Dre and Ice Cube behind it. Efron's movie didn't have any big name dj's/producers supporting it I don't think.
CMOS 8:25 PM - 31 August, 2015
But Efron is the new EDM Ambassador. He says so himself.

haaa
MPC O.G. 8:29 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
But Efron is the new EDM Ambassador. He says so himself.

haaa

Good. Maybe he will take that shit to the bottom of the ranks with him....
Laz219 1:50 AM - 2 September, 2015
I pretty much just expected this movie to be Pioneer doing Apple levels of product placement for the entire thing.
Haven't seen it, doubt I will. Love that it got such a poor response.
dj jamalot 2:27 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
I pretty much just expected this movie to be Pioneer doing Apple levels of product placement for the entire thing

And what's wrong with Apple product placement...? Gotta luv them Macs...LoL
Laz219 3:17 AM - 2 September, 2015
It's actually started distracting me from movies lately noticing just how much of it there is.
That 'sex tape' movie was by far the worst though, as far as I can tell it's a 1.5 hour apple commercial pretending to be a movie.
MPC O.G. 3:37 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
I pretty much just expected this movie to be Pioneer doing Apple levels of product placement for the entire thing.
Haven't seen it, doubt I will. Love that it got such a poor response.

What movie now ISN'T all about product placement?
DJ Reflex 11:35 PM - 9 September, 2015