DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

57sl yes or no as of 2015

Joshmd 8:44 AM - 31 August, 2015
Hey Guys,

Heard the news about the discontinuation of ssl with the 57sl. I was planning on buying this as my first mixer because literally all I wanted was a mixer with a good echo effect, internal soundcard, and strong cross fader.

This was too perfect and I heard that I cannot use it with newer updates of serato anymore. I'm just wondering if you guys think it's smart to buy one now or not? I just don't want to spend nearly double the price on a 62 just for a ton of effects and the average price of a 57sl is what I'm down for right now.
AKIEM 5:51 PM - 31 August, 2015
As long as you are comfortable not uphrading from SSL.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 7:43 PM - 31 August, 2015
you can quietly buy rane ttm 57 sl is a great mixer, will always work perfectly with the scratch live , in my opinion much cleaner than serato dj
AKIEM 8:16 PM - 31 August, 2015
Had mine since the second batch and the ONLY problem i have ever had is a ribon conection getting loose and loosing sound - had to send audio out the phone jack. That was years ago, easy fix. No problems even with some modifications. I use it every day in my studio... 4 to 7 gigs a month, im lugging it in a udg backpack. Air planes, trains, tours, taken it to europe..... absolutely no problems.

Oh year - deoxit clean on the buttons - havnt had to do that in years ether.

And actually the faders are from an older 56 because i switched them out right away.

Highly recommended (if you can work with SSL)
Joshmd 2:18 AM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
you can quietly buy rane ttm 57 sl is a great mixer, will always work perfectly with the scratch live , in my opinion much cleaner than serato dj

Sounds good to me, I'm honestly down with the essentials of djing anyways not so much all the effects! thanks!
Joshmd 2:20 AM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
Had mine since the second batch and the ONLY problem i have ever had is a ribon conection getting loose and loosing sound - had to send audio out the phone jack. That was years ago, easy fix. No problems even with some modifications. I use it every day in my studio... 4 to 7 gigs a month, im lugging it in a udg backpack. Air planes, trains, tours, taken it to europe..... absolutely no problems.

Oh year - deoxit clean on the buttons - havnt had to do that in years ether.

And actually the faders are from an older 56 because i switched them out right away.

Highly recommended (if you can work with SSL)

Sounds like they're pretty solid, I know they're known as tanks and last a long time. Thank you for the tips, I'm definitely looking into getting one asap.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 7:06 PM - 7 September, 2015
I still is my 57sl and scratch live.... It's a solid mixer and scratch live is a more stable software
05spoof 5:47 PM - 8 September, 2015
You might want to wait. With the S9 dropping soon, there will be a flood of folks trying to move their mixers to side grade or upgrade to an S9. During this time you could probably get a 62 for $1100 and less. You may find folks who don't like their S9's for a deal as well if your lucky.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 2:41 AM - 9 September, 2015
nothing beats Rane mixers even the new djm s9
rane always made ​​the United States and pioneer china
Rane is the best ever!
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 2:43 AM - 9 September, 2015
magnetic faders Rane was the best ever made
freshadon 7:27 PM - 21 September, 2015
I am thinking the same thing, to get a 57SL in 2015.
aleksey 12:11 PM - 23 September, 2015
Quote:
You might want to wait. With the S9 dropping soon, there will be a flood of folks trying to move their mixers to side grade or upgrade to an S9. During this time you could probably get a 62 for $1100 and less. You may find folks who don't like their S9's for a deal as well if your lucky.

This ;-)
dj kreate 3:15 AM - 28 September, 2015
love my 57