DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Where to get drum n bass tracks from the late 90s?

Davideon 6:47 PM - 30 August, 2015
Hopefully the title explains it all? Can only find pools with recent stuff.
Cheers

And some throw dubstep in with dnb! Fools
d:raf 12:06 AM - 31 August, 2015
Are you talking about just from pools or in general?

I get a lot of random 90's stuff from Amazon on CD actually, from compilations like this; www.amazon.com

If you're looking for specific tunes, that's a little trickier. I know Beatport has a few songs mixed in with their catalog but their release dates are all screwed up, so you have to know what you're looking for.
Davideon 3:01 PM - 31 August, 2015
Are those sort of CDs mixed ?
d:raf 4:41 PM - 31 August, 2015
Some that you might come across are, but it usually says so in the description. The one I linked to is not.
Davideon 7:44 PM - 31 August, 2015
I've ordeded a cd as it seems that's the only option really. Shame is so hard to come by. And these tracks won't be 12" versions
d:raf 8:19 PM - 31 August, 2015
Some of the tracks are actually full-length; it's a bit of a crapshoot. I'm not sure how they decide which ones will be and which won't.
dj_soo 9:48 AM - 1 September, 2015
vinyl rips.
Davideon 10:15 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
vinyl rips.

If I had the vinyl do you think I'd be asking?
dj_soo 5:04 AM - 2 September, 2015
a lot of the labels will sell tracks direct from their websites. Dunno how far they go back and whether the ones with blatant samples are included or not.
forty 12:15 PM - 2 September, 2015
Lots of labels have their back catalogue on all the usual digital sites.

Just search label names or artists and you'll find loads of stuff.

I started repurchasing some of my fave releases I have on vinyl digitally so I know that a lot of it is there.
Davideon 2:46 PM - 2 September, 2015
Ok sounds good
d:raf 3:34 PM - 2 September, 2015
A few CD suggestions... the vast majority of songs on these are full-length versions:

Grooverider: The Prototype Years - www.amazon.com

This one's kinda expensive but well worth it: Blueprint - The Definitive Moving Shadow Album - www.amazon.com

Metalheadz Platinum Breakz 1: www.amazon.com

Metalheadz Platinum Breakz 2: www.amazon.com

LTJ Bukem pres. Logical Progression (disc 1 is unmixed): www.amazon.com

This one's in MP3 format, surprisingly: No U Turn presents Torque (but the used CD is only $1.30) : www.amazon.com
Davideon 4:24 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
A few CD suggestions... the vast majority of songs on these are full-length versions:

Grooverider: The Prototype Years - www.amazon.com

This one's kinda expensive but well worth it: Blueprint - The Definitive Moving Shadow Album - www.amazon.com

Metalheadz Platinum Breakz 1: www.amazon.com

Metalheadz Platinum Breakz 2: www.amazon.com

LTJ Bukem pres. Logical Progression (disc 1 is unmixed): www.amazon.com

This one's in MP3 format, surprisingly: No U Turn presents Torque (but the used CD is only $1.30) : www.amazon.com

Cool thanks. I'll look into them