Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Basic but forgotten features that makes Serato DJ not the best software at all

DJ Surda 8:33 AM - 28 August, 2015
Hi I'm dj surda.
Official Bootie DJ from Barcelona (Spain) and resident DJ at Razzmatazz.
I use serato DJ from 3 years ago; (before i was Traktor user and Virtual DJ).
So let's evaluate serato dj and suggest imrpoving to do.

MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
2 GHz IntelCore i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Serato DJ last upgrade (1.7.7)
Pioneer DDJ-SX

---

URGENT!!

Played tracks or pre-listen feature.
- As serato dj has no pre-listen (Traktor has) one has to use decks for pre-listen tracks, that makes tracks not played be marked as a played track. So fix this: include a pre-listen option, or use several colours: one for tracks pre-listened and other for tracks that played today, and other for tracks historically played (note the difference between today and historical is not the date, is if the last time that serato dj software was opened).
Last one is very important too: if i have 4 versions of the same track and i want to see which one i have already used in the past.
These are not complicate changes and universal for all dj hardwares.

Beat Jump
Quite surprising Serato doesn't have this since now... May I say congratulations? Sure! ; ) but...

The problem when you activate Beat Jump is that you dont have 8 paths for "ROLL mode". Why don't introduce Beat Jump as a new mode with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer & Sampler mode. For example I rarely use Slicer, this way i can replace Slicer mode for Beat Jump, so i will have 8 paths for ROLL mode and 8 paths for Beat Jump. That would be awesome!

But since you don't do that, there's another real problem with Beat Jump nowadays, let me explain:
I can control the range of the beat jump easily with the controller but is imposible to control the range of the Roll mode with the controller, i need to use the mouse/trackpad...
That's not useful in any sense; fix that as soon as possible.

At the end, for getting a basic tool like beat jump, i loose one of the best tools of serato since I'm user of this software: the Roll mode.

---

Not Urgent

PAN
Why there's no panaoramic feature on serato JESUS this is very basic tool guys!

Color & Hot cues
I associate each colour to the sense of the Hot Cue (green is for starting). Would be great to configurate how the colours appear when you create Hot Cue (it seems randomly, i want always green as first).
Also:
I sit possible to make the paths get the color of the hotcues like SX2 already does?
Why the keylock doesn't work for the hotcues?? That's a mistake.

When will be possible to change the key of a tune for semitones: introducing a dial that able you to select how much/less semitones you want to move independently of the pitch.

When will be possible to work beat grid transitions: to mark since this point there's a transition until this other point, then reajust the tempo and the beatgrid.

I just want to notice that Mixed In Key or Traktor has better tempo detection than Serato DJ.

And finally....
I should say stem file format is a future feature you must to include but honestly: the previous features are all BASIC, and serato dj doesnt have it, it still shooks me...

Thanks for reading me.
Simon Love Carter 8:56 PM - 28 August, 2015
I will add one other important function! SLIP mode doesn't have to affect CUE button hitting!!!
Riko Roos 10:40 AM - 29 August, 2015
All good suggestions here
DJ Surda 9:27 AM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
I will add one other important function! SLIP mode doesn't have to affect CUE button hitting!!!

Could be Simon, i never use SLIP mode, i don't feel natural. I have cheecked on studio but Im not able to use it on live: I'm afraid to break the track in any moment; maybe i have to train myself on that.
DJ Surda 12:58 AM - 30 March, 2016
ACTUALIZED April 2016

Hi I'm dj surda.
Official Bootie DJ from Barcelona (Spain) and resident DJ at Razzmatazz.
I use serato DJ from 4 years ago; (before i was Traktor user and Virtual DJ).
So let's evaluate serato dj and suggest imrpoving to do.

MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
2 GHz IntelCore i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Serato DJ (1.8.1)
Pioneer DDJ-SX

---

URGENT!!

Played tracks or pre-listen feature.
- As serato dj has no pre-listen (Traktor has) one has to use decks for pre-listen tracks, that makes tracks not played be marked as a played track. So fix this: include a pre-listen option, or use several colours: one for tracks pre-listened and other for tracks that played today, and other for tracks historically played (note the difference between today and historical is not the date, is if the last time that serato dj software was opened).
Last one is very important too: if i have 4 versions of the same track and i want to see which one i have already used in the past.
These are not complicate changes and universal for all dj hardwares.

Beat Jump
When you activate Beat Jump you dont have 8 paths for "ROLL mode". Why don't introduce Beat Jump as a new mode with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer & Sampler mode. For example I rarely use Slicer, this way i can replace Slicer mode for Beat Jump, so i will have 8 paths for ROLL mode and 8 paths for Beat Jump. That would be awesome!

But since you don't do that, there's another real problem with Beat Jump nowadays, let me explain:
I can control the range of the beat jump easily with the controller but is imposible to control the range of the Roll mode with the controller, i need to use the mouse/trackpad...
That's not useful in any sense; fix that as soon as possible.

At the end, for getting a basic tool like beat jump, i loose one of the best tools of serato since I'm user of this software: the Roll mode.

---

Not Urgent

PAN
Why there's no panaoramic feature on serato JESUS this is very basic tool guys!

Color & Hot cues
I associate each colour to the sense of the Hot Cue (green is for starting). Would be great to configurate how the colours appear when you create Hot Cue (it seems randomly, and i use color with a graduation sense red->orange->yellow->green->blue->purple->pink).

Why keylock doesn't work for the hotcues??

Usually when im recording a live session and i finnish i just close serato and i dont remember to save the recording. Make it simple! Just make that serato authomatically save the recordings before closing.

When will be possible to work beat grid transitions: to mark since this point there's a transition until this other point, then reajust the tempo and the beatgrid.

I just want to notice that Mixed In Key or Traktor has better tempo detection than Serato DJ.

And finally....
I should say stem file format is a future feature you must to include but honestly: the previous features are all BASIC, and serato dj doesnt have it, it still shooks me...

Thanks for reading me.
Simon Love Carter 12:26 PM - 30 March, 2016
I agree with your thoughts (especially on beat jump lemght issues), not really interested in stems but, as I'm keeping asking in other posts, there is another thing that keeps annoying me so much: function of SLIP mode when you press CUE just for beatmaching (or prelisten to) your next track. it's really annoying that if you forget to switch off SLIP mode when you're going to press PLAY your tracks starts everywhere except the point you want! So frustrating!
DJ Surda 1:23 PM - 30 March, 2016
Yeah maybe 3 modes of SLIP and not too (on/off) would be the solution.
siddeonemada 3:04 PM - 30 March, 2016
serato must integrated an option that allow the serato fx assign to the input of the controler (like mic or aux) and it's depend of the dj to activate or not that option
it's sure that if we don't have a very powerfull computer, this option can make latency, but it's depend of the dj to activate or not this feature, not the problem of serato programmers to think that it's can make latency, because if the dj dont want to have latency, it's the problem of the dj to buy the best computer, not to serato to think how to reduce latency :)
DJ Surda 3:53 PM - 30 March, 2016
Quote:
serato must integrated an option that allow the serato fx assign to the input of the controler (like mic or aux) and it's depend of the dj to activate or not that option
it's sure that if we don't have a very powerfull computer, this option can make latency, but it's depend of the dj to activate or not this feature, not the problem of serato programmers to think that it's can make latency, because if the dj dont want to have latency, it's the problem of the dj to buy the best computer, not to serato to think how to reduce latency :)

The selection of the deck that the FX affects doesn't do the same?
siddeonemada 10:28 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:

The selection of the deck that the FX affects doesn't do the same?

fx doesn"t work with external input
DJ Surda 10:32 AM - 31 March, 2016
But an external input has to come in a deck 1, 2, 3, 4 so you can select the fx to affect one of those decks, like the micro, isn't it?
siddeonemada 12:13 PM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
But an external input has to come in a deck 1, 2, 3, 4 so you can select the fx to affect one of those decks, like the micro, isn't it?

no, just try it, it down't work, it's work in serato itch, not in serato dj
DJ Surda 3:26 PM - 1 April, 2016
what a mess :(