Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Improving Serato DJ

DJ Surda 8:02 AM - 28 August, 2015
Hi I'm dj surda.
Official Bootie DJ from Barcelona (Spain) and resident DJ at Razzmatazz.
I use serato DJ from 3 years ago; (before i was Traktor user and Virtual DJ).
So let's evaluate serato dj and suggest imrpoving to do.

MAC OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
2 GHz IntelCore i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Serato DJ last upgrade (1.7.7)
Pioneer DDJ-SX

---

URGENT!!

Thew way tracks are marked is not usefull.
- As serato dj has no pre-listen (Traktor has) one has to use decks for pre-listen tracks, that makes tracks not played will mark as a played track. So fix this: include a pre-listen option, or use several colours: one for tracks pre-listened and other for tracks that played, and other for tracks historically played.
Last one is very important too: if i have 4 versions of different track and i want to see which one i have already used.
These are not complicate changes and universal for all dj hardwares.

Beat Jump
Quite surprising Serato doesn't have this since now...

The problem when you activate Beat Jump is that you dont have 8 paths for "ROLL mode". Why dont introduce Beat Jump as a new mode with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer & Sampler mode. For example I rarely use Slicer, this way i can replace Slicer mode for Beat Jump, so i will have 8 paths for ROLL mode and 8 paths for Beat Jump. That would be awesome!

But since you don't do that, there's another real problem with Beat Jump.
I can control the range of the beat jump easily with the controller but is imposible to control the range of the Roll mode with the controller, i need to use the mouse/trackpad...
That's not useful in any sense; fix that as soon as possible.

At the end, for getting a basic tool like beat jump, i loose one of the best tools of serato since I'm user of this software: the Roll mode.

---

Not Urgent

When will be possible to work beat grid transitions: to mark since this point there's a transition until this other point, then reajust the tempo and the beatgrid.

When will be possible to change the key of a tune for semitones: introducing a dial that able you to select how much/less semitones you want to move independently of the pitch.

Thanks for read me.
DJ Surda 8:21 AM - 28 August, 2015
In addition:

About the marked colour tracks, is good to point that what makes the difference between a track played today and a track not played today is not the date of the track was played but if serato dj has been turn on/off or not (like the serato history does).
Also mark unmark a track or a selection of tracks.

---

More basic features:

PAN why there's no panaoramic effect on serato JESUS this is very basic tool guys!

Color & Hot cues
I associate each colour to the sense of the Hot Cue (green is for starting). WOuld be great to configurate how the colours appear when you create Hot Cue (it seems randomly, i want always green as first).
Also:
I sit possible to make the paths get the color of the hotcues like SX2 already does?
Why the keylock doesn't work for the hotcues?? That's a mistake.

I should say stem file format is a future feature you must to include but honestly: the previous features are all BASIC, and serato dj doesnt have it, is still surprising.
DJ Surda 8:30 AM - 28 August, 2015
Can you delete this converstaion? I cannot.
DJ Surda 8:48 AM - 28 August, 2015
better explained here serato.com

This is why i tell you to delete this conversation
Simon Love Carter 8:57 PM - 28 August, 2015
I'll add another important funtion. SLIP mode doesn't have to affect CUE button hitting!!!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:16 PM - 30 August, 2015
Hey DJ Surda,

Thanks for the feedback,
We don't delete comments from our forum unless they break our forum policies (which this doesn't).

Jamie.
DJ Surda 10:03 AM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey DJ Surda,

Thanks for the feedback,
We don't delete comments from our forum unless they break our forum policies (which this doesn't).

Jamie.

Yeah but i wrote it better on other conversation, no sense to have "the same" twice. But you boss.