Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Now Available: Serato DJ 1.7.8

10:30 PM, 30 Aug 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
ICC@imagecreationlabs.co.uk 12:52 AM - 31 August, 2015
Hi. Is there going to be a fix for Scratch Live users experiencing encoding errors in their library since the latest iTunes update? I've had an unresolved ticket for nearly 2 months now?

Matt
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:45 AM - 31 August, 2015
Hi Matt,

Unfortunately the short answer is no. Serato Scratch Live is discontinued and will not be receiving any further testing or development. It has been replaced with Serato DJ and is a free upgrade for all Scratch Live users with Scratch Live hardware (with the exception of the Rane SL 1 and TTM-57).

If you still require Scratch Live (if you have an SL 1 or TTM-57) you are still able to use it provided your computer meets the minimum system requirements, but like I mentioned no further updates to this platform will take place.

Kind regards
Dj Nyce 2:25 AM - 31 August, 2015
works great.
djoufi 3:04 AM - 31 August, 2015
ça tourne comme dab bien joué !
XclusiveCity 7:05 AM - 1 September, 2015
Although some changes have been made to correct the iTunes issues. I'm still noticing that SDJ doesn't work like how it did before tho. SDJ used to mimic the way I have my iTunes setup so I could make unique playlist based off comments, grouping or composer tab. Now, it doesn't follow the same order as before. So, since this is a minor fix can we expect for this to be corrected in the next update or is this something Serato feels is not a priority?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:44 PM - 1 September, 2015
Hey XclusiveCity,

I'd get in touch with our support team for help there. We can look into what's wrong and help out - support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
JRPriest 10:28 PM - 1 September, 2015
I have updated and iTunes is not showing up in Serato.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:41 PM - 1 September, 2015
Hey JRPriest

Have you got 'Show iTunes Library' ticked in Setup > Library + Display?

Another one to watch out for is the setting 'Share iTunes Library XML with other applications' in iTunes Preferences > Advanced. This needs to be ticked for Serato DJ to read your iTunes library.

If it's not working after that, hit up the support team at support.serato.com and someone will take a look with you.

Cheers
JRPriest 11:15 PM - 1 September, 2015
Awesome!!!! Share iTunes Library XML wasn't selected. Thanks for the help Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:22 AM - 2 September, 2015
No problem man, glad that was it.

Apple re-introduced this preference with a recent update and for some reason it's randomly defaulting to being un-selected for some people, in which case we can't read the iTunes library.
Freddy DJ 2:19 PM - 2 September, 2015
I did upgrade to Serato 1.7.8 but the itunes files that are not compatible are always present and in the "All" with ctrl + delete you still can not delete them.
Why ?
DJ C-BEATZ 2:22 PM - 2 September, 2015
Just installed version 1.7.8 its still crashing like versions 1.7.7, 1.7.6 and 1.7.5 . Only version 1.7.4 and previous versions that work with mac.
DJ C-BEATZ 2:25 PM - 2 September, 2015
I am bothered because my Akai AMX isn't working properly with version 1.7.4. I experience audio dropouts and crossfader lags occasionally...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 9:40 PM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
I did upgrade to Serato 1.7.8 but the itunes files that are not compatible are always present and in the "All" with ctrl + delete you still can not delete them.
Why ?

Hi Freddy DJ,

These should delete as the note above says, do you have 'protect library' on in Setup>Library + Display?

Mathew

Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:56 PM - 2 September, 2015
@DJ C-BEATZ

Have you opened a help request with the support team about this? I'd be happy to look into it if you can give me a reference.

Aaron
DJ C-BEATZ 10:17 PM - 2 September, 2015
@Aaron. I haven't opened a help request. How do I go about it? Thanx.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:31 PM - 2 September, 2015
Ah sorry, best way is to go here support.serato.com and click the green button at the top right of the screen.

One of the team will pick it up and look into it with you.

Thanks
DJ C-BEATZ 3:34 AM - 3 September, 2015
@Aaron thanks for the info. I just logged my request.
Sharko11 10:46 AM - 3 September, 2015
Serato DJ 1.7.8, iTunes 12.2, OS X 10.10.5

The loaded iTunes library in Serato DJ is not showing newly made iTunes playlists and for the playlists that it does show, 95% of them are empty.
They are not empty when I open iTunes and I have successfully used iTunes playlists in Serato DJ before.
awsomedjnl 3:24 PM - 3 September, 2015
Thanks! Works on Serato DJ 1.7.8, iTunes 12.2.1.16, OS X 10.8.
Freddy DJ 6:50 PM - 3 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Why ?

Hi Freddy DJ,

These should delete as the note above says, do you have 'protect library' on in Setup>Library + Display?

Mathew
the library is no protected
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:32 PM - 3 September, 2015
Hey Sharko11 and Freddy DJ

Could you please open help requests with the support team at: support.serato.com so someone can take a look at what might be happening for you.

Cheers
Crafty 1:59 PM - 5 September, 2015
This version of Serato crashed my MacBook last night mid-set (300 people) and froze as I was cueing a song the left deck (1hr 30mins in set). My DDJ SX2 flashed then went dim and the screen froze. I could not get the cursor to move... I've never had an issue like this EVER. I had to shutdown my MacBook connect to my personal hotspot wifi on my iPhone to download a the previous version and it worked fine... Continued playing for 5 straight hours no problems. Shall not be using 1.7.8 until you fix it! Angry!!!!!
Dan Cheung 8:37 PM - 5 September, 2015
So I upgraded to 1.7.8 and now my Macbook Pro 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8GB RAM cpu is overloading in Serato DJ. I have no other applications running, WIFI is off and the cpu meter with idle @ 50% and then spike to 100% every few seconds. Thus giving me audio dropouts and clips. I didn't have this issue with previous versions. I also do not currently have iTunes Library enabled as I was not using this in 1.7.7 because of the bugs with iTunes 12. My fix was to downgrade back to 1.7.7 and the cpu usage issue went away. Hope there is a fix to this, because I would love to eventually access my iTunes library in SDJ.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:41 PM - 6 September, 2015
Hey Crafty and Dan Cheung

It would be good if you could open a help request at support.serato.com so the team can look into these issues with you. support.serato.com

Thanks
DJKCeaser 3:11 AM - 10 September, 2015
Every since I updated to this Version My songs are not being Marked as played when using my DDJSX2.
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:25 AM - 10 September, 2015
Hi DJKCeaser, I have checked 1.7.8 with a DDJ-SX2 and my machine here (OS X 10.10.5) and my files seem to be marking as played just fine.

Are you using OS X? Have you tried running a permissions repair on your hard disk? Try the steps from the following article > support.serato.com

Hopefully this sorts you out! If you are still having issues it would be best to contact the support team through a help request > support.serato.com

Cheers
DJKCeaser 11:36 AM - 10 September, 2015
Thank you for the info Scott will Try this Today Hopefully This will work for my situation
Quote:
Hi DJKCeaser, I have checked 1.7.8 with a DDJ-SX2 and my machine here (OS X 10.10.5) and my files seem to be marking as played just fine.

Are you using OS X? Have you tried running a permissions repair on your hard disk? Try the steps from the following article > support.serato.com

Hopefully this sorts you out! If you are still having issues it would be best to contact the support team through a help request > support.serato.com
Cheers
PMYSKO 6:10 PM - 11 September, 2015
Crafty and Dan Cheung Serato DJ is a CPU hog and likes to play hot and freezes. I Submitted help request in the past, but we need this addressed soon if not now. I invested good money and I'd like to see and hear what I paid for.
Djeddcarl 11:49 AM - 12 September, 2015
I'm using SCRATCH LIVE with ABLETON Bridge that's means Discontinue also?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:12 PM - 12 September, 2015
Hi Djeddcarl,
Quote:
I'm using SCRATCH LIVE with ABLETON Bridge that's means Discontinue also?

We have stopped testing and developing on the Scratch Live platform so there will be no further updates (you could say it is discontinued). You can still use Scratch Live and The Bridge together with Ableton Live (provided you meet the minimum system requirements) however if you want to continue to use Scratch Live I would recommend holding off updating your operating system. In later releases Apple and Windows are making it harder to roll-back your operating system, so I would stick with the one that is working best for you and resist upgrading past OS X 10.9 on Mac or Windows 8.1 on PC. These are the last supported Operating Systems for Scratch Live.

If you have Scratch Live hardware that is compatible with Serato DJ (excluding the SL 1 or TTM57SL) and want to give Serato DJ a go, you can unlock the software for free using your Scratch Live hardware. Download Serato DJ here > serato.com

If you have a Serato DJ Intro controller and want to trial Serato DJ before you purchase you can start a free 14-day trial. Just download the latest version of Serato DJ, connect your hardware, log in using your Serato.com email address and password, and hit the Start Trial button in the MY SERATO panel.

Hope this helps :)
Cheers
djsergioluiz 6:25 PM - 13 October, 2015
When I use my SL3 with SERATO DJ, and plug in the HEADPHONE on macbook pro work fine, but when i plug out, I have dropouts.
This only happens in SERATO DJ, in SCRATCH LIVE works fine.

my hardware configurations is
MACBOOK PRO RETINA 15'' LAST 2013
16 GB, GT 750M 2048
OSX YOSEMITE 10.10.5

SL3 WITH DEVICE FIRMWARE 2.50

I TESTED ALL USB PORTS

After, I tested install OSX Yosemite, and is going the same problem.
Then I reinstall again, this time installing the OSX Mavericks, and it worked perfectly Serato DJ.
The issue is the compatibility of Serato DJ with OSX Yosemite.
Someone can help me?
I will await an future update of Serato DJ, to reinstall OSX Yosemite.
ophidian 7:57 AM - 12 November, 2015
Is there a way to download this version? It takes me to the download page which only has 1.8. Also, the download archives page doesn't appear to have Serato DJ.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:07 PM - 12 November, 2015
Hey ophidian

All previous Serato DJ versions can be found right here: serato.com

Cheers, Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:14 AM - 8 March, 2018
Awesome, you're welcome!