Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

SP-6 Playback Suggestion

djJohnnyDomino 9:48 PM - 4 August, 2015
As a DJ who does Internet radio (5 years experience), I like to use the SP-6 sampler in Serato DJ to access certain drops and jingles on the fly. Although I love the 4-bank/6-slot sampler very much, I would love it even more if a sample I play -- say, in Bank A -- would continue to play through as I switch to another bank, as opposed to the previously played sample automatically stopping.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this idea (as I haven't scrolled this discussion feed), but I thought it would be good to be able to work that feature with what I feel is the best DJ software out here, instead of with different DJ software that actually has that sample bank feature.

If you have read this suggestion, I appreciate it. If this feature suggestion comes with the next update, it would be even more appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Davideon 6:17 AM - 5 August, 2015
This has been requested a lot.

I want to be able to save sample banks do they can be easily loaded as one depending on what sort of music is being played
Pete Input 7:59 AM - 5 August, 2015
Why don't you make crates for that?

Make SP6 crate and then sub crates like this....

Bank A
Bank B
Bank C
Bank D
Bank E
Bank F....

With every crate, put only 6 tracks, samples, loops, one shots, effects, whatever to the crate and you can load them all together.
Davideon 8:07 AM - 5 August, 2015
Trouble with that is each sample still has to be loaded. Ideally I'd want one load which assigns 6 sample to a bank at once. And also it would save which sample play once, which loop etc.
Pete Input 10:02 AM - 5 August, 2015
You CAN load them together. You should read the manual. :)
And if you are smart, you can use differen bank with different samples.
I'm using bank A with loops. Bank B with one shots. Bank C with fx. Bank D is free for whatever...
All banks have different settings and they stay like that all the time.
Just use your imagination and prepare the SP6 and the samples. Rest is easy.
Davideon 10:22 AM - 5 August, 2015
Oh yeah, never knew that. Although the sample slot retains the info, the sample itself doesn't