DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

*New Software challenger has arrived (Pioneer)

Will08272 1:04 PM - 30 July, 2015
youtu.be

According to the various sites covering, the official version of said software will be shown soon, actually looking forward to it, more choice and conpetition is always good, will be interesting if new hardware is announced to go along with this.
DJ Irv 1:41 PM - 30 July, 2015
Interesting. With the release of the PLX-1000 and many Pioneer mixers with built in soundcards they might release their own DVS.
Dj_Roger 2:00 PM - 30 July, 2015
DJ Remy USA 2:19 PM - 30 July, 2015
looks interesting but Id never leave serato for another DVS that I have to add cue points to all over again. Been on serato almost 10 years now there is now way Im re-tagging my stuff in any new DVS no matter the bells and whistle's. But this is still cool
Detroitbootybass 2:21 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
looks interesting but Id never leave serato for another DVS that I have to add cue points to all over again. Been on serato almost 10 years now there is now way Im re-tagging my stuff in any new DVS no matter the bells and whistle's. But this is still cool

Good news for you: It doesn't appear to be a DVS at all.
DJ Remy USA 2:31 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Good news for you that your statement added zero substance to the over all thread. You are not even a real DJ so get off this forum, took a look at your bio and you dont even exist unless you are a real DJ and just hiding out, lurking making pointless statements about the internet. Trollish indeed
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:43 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good news for you that your statement added zero substance to the over all thread. You are not even a real DJ so get off this forum, took a look at your bio and you dont even exist unless you are a real DJ and just hiding out, lurking making pointless statements about the internet. Trollish indeed

DAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNN SHOTS FIRED!!
dj-freestyle 3:52 PM - 30 July, 2015
Serato and pioneer have had a close relationship of late . Wonder if this will be the end of that and change the pioneer controller game and Serato forever . Very interesting for sure
DJ Irv 3:58 PM - 30 July, 2015
There's no loyalty when it comes to companies profiting.
Davideon 4:36 PM - 30 July, 2015
Pioneer are a hardware company. Yes recordbox is very good, but going from a file prep piece of software to live mixing (if that's what they're doing) is very different. Their plx bombed and I just can't see this taking off.
DJ Irv 5:11 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Their plx bombed and I just can't see this taking off.

There's a lot of people out there buying PLX's. They're in at least 1 NY club. I found some poor soul selling his M5G's because he got PLX's. There's a lot of pioneer fanboys out there.
lvmez 6:27 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Their plx bombed and I just can't see this taking off.

There's a lot of people out there buying PLX's. They're in at least 1 NY club. I found some poor soul selling his M5G's because he got PLX's. There's a lot of pioneer fanboys out there.

I bought those M6G's from him. Lol.
lvmez 6:27 PM - 30 July, 2015
M5G's
DJ Irv 6:49 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
I bought those M5G's from him. Lol.

Ha ha ha. I was about to cop them too. Poor kid has no idea how substandard the build quality and sound dampening is.
lvmez 9:05 PM - 30 July, 2015
I actually told him about the reviews on Pioneers but he prefers Pioneer over any other product.

His M5G's were in mint condition.
Davideon 9:05 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
I actually told him about the reviews on Pioneers but he prefers Pioneer over any other product.

His M5G's were in mint condition.

Was his carer not with him?
DJ Nexus2000 10:28 PM - 30 July, 2015
I use rekordbox currently and i am so happy wit hit.

See ya Serato
DJ Remy USA 11:10 PM - 30 July, 2015
Quote:
There's no loyalty when it comes to companies profiting.

This right here
DJ Nexus2000 11:26 PM - 30 July, 2015
After using Serato DJ I have no plans of using Serato again
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:23 AM - 31 July, 2015
Rekordbox only with Pioneer gear should be like the Serato Scratch Live Rane days.

It should be stable, that moment Serato jumped into bed with every hardware I knew its only gonna be a matter of time before people start considering other options.

Will Serato DJ 2.0 will be as solid as SSL2.0 in terms of stability when that time comes... I doubt it.

It's always good to welcome competition, great for consumers. Regarding migrating tracks etc pioneer could release a rekordbuddy like app.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:36 AM - 31 July, 2015
SSL 2.0 was buggy as hell hence why all djs was up in arms over how buggy the software was and all stayed on SSL 1.9.2.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:54 AM - 31 July, 2015
Well interesting time to be a DJ. Choice is always good. I tried Cross and it was good to. Last weekend I DJed with Virtual DJ 8 and I have no complaints.
With regards to people thinking about their cues and all even with Serato DJ I still do a good bit of placing cues and all during sets.
Taipanic 1:52 PM - 31 July, 2015
There are a lot of clubs and a lot of groups out there that only use CDJs and frown upon anyone using a laptop while playing. There are some house music spots I play that you will use CDJs only (and recordbox) or you will not play. Make sense, no but that is the way it is. This update to Recordbox will allow those people to have similar features to Serato & Traktor. It is possible that they can completely take over the DJ software market (not that I want that) as people can stay completely in the Pioneer net - starting out with a cheap controller, working up to CDJs, all while using the same software. You can have all the features of a full DJ program and still export out to a flash drive for CDJ only playing. As Pioneer is already the De Facto hardware standard, it's not a big jump to take over the software too.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:14 PM - 31 July, 2015
Quote:

It is possible that they can completely take over the DJ software market 

Highly unlikely
Detroitbootybass 2:49 PM - 31 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was not, in any way, trolling you and I find it curious why you're so quick to anger. You seemed at the time to be mistaken about this new Pioneer software being a DVS and I was simply pointing out that is not that type of software. Simple as that and with not one ounce of malice.

I'm not sure how the presence, or absence, of information on one's profile page on Serato is a measure of worth. That's another thing that makes me curious as there are a lot of people here who don't use the profile page to promote themselves.

So, as I alluded to earlier, I would like to ask you (without any ill-will and with one-hundred percent honesty) what was it about my statement (that directly pertained to your initial post and was totally relevant) that made you so mad?
PopRoXxX 6:29 PM - 31 July, 2015
Quote:
After using Serato DJ I have no plans of using Serato again

Said the guy with a DJ 'Pioneer Gear' name. smhlol!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:02 PM - 31 July, 2015
Quote:

I was simply pointing out that is not that type of software. 

It kinda looks like dvs software to me
Mr. Goodkat 7:03 PM - 31 July, 2015
i predicted that pioneer would eat serato at some point on the board.. its too big, too much hardware dominance, and half the people wont switch to sdj if their life depended on it.
Mr. Goodkat 7:10 PM - 31 July, 2015
Quote:
what was it about my statement (that directly pertained to your initial post and was totally relevant) that made you so mad?

hes been as cranky as dj sparky lately.
Mr. Goodkat 7:14 PM - 31 July, 2015
pretty heavy pitch men for one company. if you notice a lot of these names have repped serato or traktor at one point.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Taipanic 7:35 PM - 31 July, 2015
I will imagine the next generation of Pioneer controllers (DDJ-SZ II, I'm looking at you!) will have the ability to use Recordbox standalone via memory card or full on control with the computer program. It will be an all in one solution for the Pioneer user. For all clubs that have Pioneer gear it could become the standard. Personally, I hope not. I prefer Serato but appreciate all of the DVS systems, they all have their plusses & minuses. I think Serato more than any of the others will need to be on point in regards to what Pioneer is doing. I say that because Serato & Pioneer have the most use in the US, I believe. Most Traktor users are using Traktor hardware and VDJ is not looked favorably in clubs here.
These points are in reference to club usage, mostly.
deejdave 10:33 PM - 1 August, 2015
Quote:

You are aware that there already exists ways to move your cue points, beat grids, and almost all other tag info from Serato to Traktor then from Traktor to Rekordbox correct? This means that there is already a way to automatically do what you are saying you don't want to do.

I find it best to be thorough in as many DJ applications as I can. I like to be on the forefront of the tech side of Djing though. Not saying you have to be. I can understand sticking to what is familiar too.

The main thing people need to come to terms with here is Pioneer's monetary advantage. They are quite literally to financially push just about whatever they want whenever they want. Words like "fanboy" will be thrown around (quite often for the wrong reasons) but in the end many times it comes down to what works. Rekordbox is not my favorite but as just about anyone who has used it............... it works. If this new software takes advantage of the same connectivity via ethernet as the current RB does there is a high chance the stability and latency will be exactly where it is today. This gives them the freedom to work on the fun stuff in a DJ app.

I am not saying they ever would nor am I suggesting any of our favorite DJ software developers would be hoping for this but WHAT IF Pioneer one day decided "BUY THEM ALL" as in let's monopolize the DJ software arena as we just about did with the hardware end. They are Pro's at making money (marketing & such) and if it were at all possible I wouldn't put it past them.

This is something I would NEVER want to see. I am all for this new RB and honestly I hope it does well. I will always be team Serato but I do suggest we all wait for the product to place absolute judgements. Let's see what we're working with first. By taking an absolute stance and refusing to budge you can pretty much only hurt/limit yourself. Keep an open mind :)

Either way................ VERY excited!!
Dj_Roger 12:27 AM - 2 August, 2015
I think it would be cool if Serato could export playlists with cuepoints to usb sticks in format that Pioneer supports. There is a couple of reasons for that, one is for the gigs where you all you need or want is the usb sticks and you donĀ“t want to use two systems.
deejdave 12:49 AM - 2 August, 2015
There are even more reasons why this would be a horrible idea for them though. Rekord Buddy 2.0 will be out soon enough and this issue will be easy enough for most to use. As it stands now you would need to do a few minutes of research but it is actually quite easy to do.
DJ Remy USA 6:49 AM - 2 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

You are aware that there already exists ways to move your cue points, beat grids, and almost all other tag info from Serato to Traktor then from Traktor to Rekordbox correct? This means that there is already a way to automatically do what you are saying you don't want to do.

I find it best to be thorough in as many DJ applications as I can. I like to be on the forefront of the tech side of Djing though. Not saying you have to be. I can understand sticking to what is familiar too.

The main thing people need to come to terms with here is Pioneer's monetary advantage. They are quite literally to financially push just about whatever they want whenever they want. Words like "fanboy" will be thrown around (quite often for the wrong reasons) but in the end many times it comes down to what works. Rekordbox is not my favorite but as just about anyone who has used it............... it works. If this new software takes advantage of the same connectivity via ethernet as the current RB does there is a high chance the stability and latency will be exactly where it is today. This gives them the freedom to work on the fun stuff in a DJ app.

I am not saying they ever would nor am I suggesting any of our favorite DJ software developers would be hoping for this but WHAT IF Pioneer one day decided "BUY THEM ALL" as in let's monopolize the DJ software arena as we just about did with the hardware end. They are Pro's at making money (marketing & such) and if it were at all possible I wouldn't put it past them.

This is something I would NEVER want to see. I am all for this new RB and honestly I hope it does well. I will always be team Serato but I do suggest we all wait for the product to place absolute judgements. Let's see what we're working with first. By taking an absolute stance and refusing to budge you can pretty much only hurt/limit yourself. Keep an open mind :)

Either way................ VERY excited!!

Im not aware of anything made for exporting cue points, loops etc to recordbox but I havent looked into it either. I see the importance of being well versed on all software but at least for me DJing is about the same for me no matter the medium unless Im doing pure vinyl.

The only way I'll ever leave serato if something else commands my attention. I like to stick with what works for me as far as software goes.
DJ Jonasty 8:23 AM - 2 August, 2015
It will be pretty exciting to see Pioneers efx offerings in software form. This could possibly open the door for plugins like the rmx 1000 etc. it's nice to see this stuff keep on advancing.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:03 AM - 2 August, 2015
This will export your Serato Cues loops ect to Rekordbox when it is released. They have had it for years now convert Traktor to Rekordbox.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:04 AM - 2 August, 2015
Quote:
This will export your Serato Cues loops ect to Rekordbox when it is released. They have had it for years now convert Traktor to Rekordbox.

Lol forgot the link nextaudiolabs.com
deejdave 2:52 PM - 2 August, 2015
Correct. The current version (Rekord Buddy 1) transfers info from Traktor to Rekordbox. You can use N.I's SSL Database Importer tool to move from Serato to Traktor. Reading between the lines a little here and you can see how it is actually possible to do this currently with minimal work.
Will08272 6:45 PM - 11 August, 2015
First view courtesy of damien sirkis maker of rekordbuddy instagram.com
Will08272 6:46 PM - 11 August, 2015
Surprised it hasn't been announced yet, either way looking forward to it.
Mr. Goodkat 6:50 PM - 11 August, 2015
looks more like traktor to me