Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Available Now: Serato DJ 1.7.7 Update

3:28 AM, 28 Jul 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
D.O.W. aka The Candyman 8:19 AM - 10 August, 2015
What about the issues with the itunes update??
SLiDeR 8:30 AM - 10 August, 2015
Download for Windows is broken :(
maarawoe 8:33 AM - 10 August, 2015
iTunes 12.2 fix??
SLiDeR 8:33 AM - 10 August, 2015
Download for Windows is broken :(
maarawoe 8:33 AM - 10 August, 2015
iTunes 12.2 fix??
SLiDeR 8:35 AM - 10 August, 2015
Windows download is broken, download stops after few megabytes.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:38 AM - 10 August, 2015
Hi there,

The two iTunes issues that we're aware of around playlists not collapsing and Apps showing in the library will be fixed in a following update soon. We tried hard to fit these into this release but they didn't make it in time unfortunately.

Sorry it's not fixed yet but we're working on it and it will be fixed soon!

Sam.
maarawoe 8:38 AM - 10 August, 2015
No word about the iTunes 12.2? Is that fixed now?
maarawoe 8:44 AM - 10 August, 2015
iTunes 12.2 still causing this version to crash for me!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:57 AM - 10 August, 2015
Hey maarawoe,

We've also identified your issue and this will be fixed in the following update too. Sorry we couldn't get this through for this release but it's not far behind.

Sam.
Sand 9:37 AM - 10 August, 2015
I have just installed the DVS expansion pack for my NS7 2, plugged in my decks but it won't read the control vinyl. Vinyl cd control is enabled but no signal is seen by serato dj 1.7.7. I have tried all phono inputs on the back of the NS7 2 but no luck.
djandyray 10:20 AM - 10 August, 2015
hi when you will make Added Serato DJ Hardware Support for xdj-r1?
or it not gonna happend soon....?
360loop 11:15 AM - 10 August, 2015
Downloading now I hope it fixes my dropout issues!
dirrtyharri 11:29 AM - 10 August, 2015
What about the SPLIT CUE headphone issue with the NUMARK NS6 ?? is this corrected yet ??
DJ Snake Eyez 12:03 PM - 10 August, 2015
It seems as if the iTunes issue is not a major priority to you guys over there. It's been well over a month & you'll continue to add & upgrade everything else. This has been a major disappointment in my eyes as well as many others. I've been a very strong supporter of Rane & Serato from the very beginning but to see this issue sit on the backburner for so long is unacceptable. You guys are or shall I say (were) #1 when it comes to industry standard music software & equipment but have very much loss focus of your customers. I am almost 100% sure that the iTunes issue is at the top of your list from most users but yet we continue to wait day to day hoping for a resolution FINALLY. All I can say at this point is I hope its not another couple of months we'll have to wait for this problem to be fixed but at this rate, I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED! SMH!
DJ LOOSE CANNON big ding 12:14 PM - 10 August, 2015
My laptop runs off windows 10 super fast program. I had itch for my ns6 and also have serato dj installed too.itch won't respond to my windows 10 but serato dj does which is great. My question is if I install this serato dj 1.7.7 new update that's available will it work with my windows 10 ..
shawnz 12:46 PM - 10 August, 2015
Please why doesnt the newer version of serato support reloop terminal mix 4?
ulyssesv 1:37 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Hi there,

The two iTunes issues that we're aware of around playlists not collapsing and Apps showing in the library will be fixed in a following update soon. We tried hard to fit these into this release but they didn't make it in time unfortunately.

Sorry it's not fixed yet but we're working on it and it will be fixed soon!

Sam.

Thanks for being honest with us :)
MBLL 1:50 PM - 10 August, 2015
Any plans for SP6 sample player bpm sync?
djmacklong 2:53 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
It seems as if the iTunes issue is not a major priority to you guys over there. It's been well over a month & you'll continue to add & upgrade everything else. This has been a major disappointment in my eyes as well as many others. I've been a very strong supporter of Rane & Serato from the very beginning but to see this issue sit on the backburner for so long is unacceptable. You guys are or shall I say (were) #1 when it comes to industry standard music software & equipment but have very much loss focus of your customers. I am almost 100% sure that the iTunes issue is at the top of your list from most users but yet we continue to wait day to day hoping for a resolution FINALLY. All I can say at this point is I hope its not another couple of months we'll have to wait for this problem to be fixed but at this rate, I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED! SMH!

You DO realize that Rane has NOTHING to do with the software development, RIGHT?
DJ Temple 3:09 PM - 10 August, 2015
I Strongly Support his Point. Looking for something else as an alternative.
Quote:
DJ Brother "O" 3:41 PM - 10 August, 2015
Do you recommend upgrading to Windows 10 yet? Does this download 1.7.7 work for Windows 10?
Dorian Moisei 6:02 PM - 10 August, 2015
why the loop move bug is not fixed? I place a loop with the DDJ-sz and after you make it shorter or longer it doesn't affect the screen, I have sent you a short film a wile ago...
dj BASS.X aka SilveR.BeatZ 6:30 PM - 10 August, 2015
NO SUPPORT CDJ 350??? SERATO DJ
trninired 6:44 PM - 10 August, 2015
when will serato dj work with external sources
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:29 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:

We're taking it very seriously. This release has been planned for a while and unfortunately these iTunes issues came about quite late in the piece so didn't manage to make it into this one. As i've mentioned, we're disappointed as well and really wanted to get these in as we know they are high priority for users.

The issues will be fixed in another forthcoming update soon.

sam.
mister_wilson 7:36 PM - 10 August, 2015
Those of you who are complaining about iTunes may want to unintegrate your crates with Itunes as an alternative. Serato has no control over how much Apple changes one of their flagship programs (and the recent iTunes update was massive) and they have to focus on keeping up with OS upgrades (windows and Mac OS) which will hamper all users, not just the minority using Itunes. You are going to experience this no matter what program you use if you try to integrate ITunes library files and/or playlists. I am sure if Serato had it to do over, they would never have offered ITunes integration.
DJ Brother "O" 7:40 PM - 10 August, 2015
Do you recommend upgrading to Windows 10 yet? Does this download 1.7.7 work for Windows 10
Foday stanley 8:04 PM - 10 August, 2015
Got tired of waiting for DVS Support for NS7 II so i Pre ordered DJM S9, Woke up this morning saw this update with dvs support now available for NS7 II.

Massive shout out to the entire Serato team, imagine if there were like numark who barely reply to inquiries. i don't really care about the new screen but being able to rock my ttx1 along side my NS7 II. damn no better feeling than that :)....

Serato please now that we have dvs on NS7 II, do i need to buy serato club kit or can i just purchase dvs on it own because my NS7 II came with free Serato DJ licence

A video tutorial of NS7 II connections & Upgrade to dvs will be very helpful if possible. thanks
Sand 9:10 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Got tired of waiting for DVS Support for NS7 II so i Pre ordered DJM S9, Woke up this morning saw this update with dvs support now available for NS7 II.

Massive shout out to the entire Serato team, imagine if there were like numark who barely reply to inquiries. i don't really care about the new screen but being able to rock my ttx1 along side my NS7 II. damn no better feeling than that :)....

Serato please now that we have dvs on NS7 II, do i need to buy serato club kit or can i just purchase dvs on it own because my NS7 II came with free Serato DJ licence

A video tutorial of NS7 II connections & Upgrade to dvs will be very helpful if possible. thanks

Don't buy anything yet, I purchased the DVS expansion this morning for the NS7 2 and it does not work. I have raised a help request but so far have not heard anything back from Serato.
DJ Romey Rome 9:50 PM - 10 August, 2015
When will there be a release to midi map the joysticks on the Rane TTM 57mkII like users are able to do on the TTM 57SL.
Yacoob 9:51 PM - 10 August, 2015
With reference to DJ Brother "O" 12:40 PM - 10 August, 2015: "Do you recommend upgrading to Windows 10 yet? Does this download 1.7.7 work for Windows 10?"
---------------------------------------------------
I am eagerly awaiting a response from Serato regarding the above two questions posed by DJ Brother "O"

Best wishes!
DJ Yacoob
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:54 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hey guys,

Windows 10 is not supported in this update. We hope to support this in another forthcoming update. For now, i'd hold off updating to Windows 10.

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:54 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hey Sand,

Let me know your help ticket reference so I can follow this up and get you some help with that.

Sam.
Sand 10:04 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey Sand,

Let me know your help ticket reference so I can follow this up and get you some help with that.

Sam.

Sam my help ticket No is 108284

Sand.
dj Edward 10:09 PM - 10 August, 2015
hi there!!! iTunes issue its not fixed?, very disappointed!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:16 PM - 10 August, 2015
We're also very disappointed as we know there're a lot of DJs waiting for this to be resolved. These issues are being fixed as we speak though for a forthcoming release which shouldn't be too far off.

sam.
Yacoob 10:18 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thank you for your prompt response Serato.

DJ Yacoob
DJMIYAGI 11:13 PM - 10 August, 2015
Will the NS7II display work with other native SDJ controllers/mixers?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:15 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hi DJMIYAGI,

No sorry the NS7II screens are only supported for the Numark NS7II.

Sam.
DJMIYAGI 11:24 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Hi DJMIYAGI,

No sorry the NS7II screens are only supported for the Numark NS7II.

Sam.

Not a very good move from Numark. Would be the perfect addition to the original NS7, NS6, V7s, etc.
Massimo Mazzone 11:27 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hi Samuel S

I write to Serato support a mail with this ticket #108346

Can you tell me something about that please?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:43 PM - 10 August, 2015
Sure thing Massimo, just bumped the team with this.

They are probably a little busier than usual with the release but i've let them know you're waiting for help.

sam.
Massimo Mazzone 11:48 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thank you for the reply! Very gentle!
DJ Brother "O" 2:01 AM - 11 August, 2015
Thank you for your prompt response!
DJ Temple 3:58 AM - 11 August, 2015
Don't give up Serato team, don't give up...
Sand 8:07 AM - 11 August, 2015
Has anybody got the DVS expansion pack to work with the NS7 2 on MacBook Pro, if so how?
boogiebears 10:00 AM - 11 August, 2015
..is there any word on when we might see some support for the 57mkii in terms of midi mapping the mixer, the footswitch, and compatibility with other osa controllers?
Philmixit 10:51 AM - 11 August, 2015
I update to 1.7.7 and was playing for about 10 min, on the NS7 11 , I started to test out the scratching and the software froze up, I had to restart it ,Serato what is going on here !!
Foday stanley 11:06 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Has anybody got the DVS expansion pack to work with the NS7 2 on MacBook Pro, if so how?

Sam can you respond to us please, NS7 II users have waited years for this dvs support.

As for iTunes issues, I wonder why some djs rely on third parties software. My opinion is everyone start making your playlist with built in serato custom/ smart creates.

Serato, there has to be a way for newly downloaded songs to automatically display on serato dj software. Come on folks we can't rely on iTunes forever. I never did anyway.

Back to NS7II dvs issue, Serato please help. we desperately waiting
Foday stanley 11:10 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
I update to 1.7.7 and was playing for about 10 min, on the NS7 11 , I started to test out the scratching and the software froze up, I had to restart it ,Serato what is going on here !!

I think numark might have to update it's drivers, have you try the dvs on NS7II, don't think I will update yet until all this is sorted.

Sam talk to us pls.
DJ Romey Rome 11:29 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
..is there any word on when we might see some support for the 57mkii in terms of midi mapping the mixer, the footswitch, and compatibility with other osa controllers?

+1
Sand 12:53 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Sam can you respond to us please, NS7 II users have waited years for this dvs support.

As for iTunes issues, I wonder why some djs rely on third parties software. My opinion is everyone start making your playlist with built in serato custom/ smart creates.

Serato, there has to be a way for newly downloaded songs to automatically display on serato dj software. Come on folks we can't rely on iTunes forever. I never did anyway.

I guess if no one is going to give us an answer I think it's only right we are refunded on the NS7 2 DVS expansion pack because it does not work (Period) to quote Numark advertising.
dj easy jay 1:12 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hi This new ITUNES has messed everything up. I had to start fresh. But now I can not active some already purchased expansion pack. I.E PITCH N TIME, JETPACK, WOLFPACK, BACKPACK & SERATO REMOTE I already purchased all these products and it's is asking me to purchase again.
Will 2 Dance. 2:36 PM - 11 August, 2015
Did you guys fixs the program with my mixdeck the platters don't light up. And the search button and the fx button.
Will 2 Dance. 2:38 PM - 11 August, 2015
Will the serato dj program 1.7.7 work with the Numark mixdeck.
Foday stanley 4:24 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess if no one is going to give us an answer I think it's only right we are refunded on the NS7 2 DVS expansion pack because it does not work (Period) to quote Numark advertising.

Hello again Sam, thanks for replying but did serato team not test ns7ii on dvs before publicly announcing it's support.

Numark are useless, they busy promoting NS7 II with screen claiming its NS7 III, soon they will tell us to buy the screen to activate dvs lol.

Maybe your technical team could test this again and see what the outcome will be cos a video tutorial will save alots of stress about this.thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 8:49 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hey guys!

We sure did test the NS7II on DVS before announcing support, if you are having any trouble getting it going please hit up our support team for some guidance! You can open a new help request here; support.serato.com

Will 2 dance,

There were no specific fixes to the Numark Mixdeck in this release.

Cheers guys!

Jas.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 8:53 PM - 11 August, 2015
I actually see my colleague Aaron has clarified the issue in this thread a little earlier; serato.com

Quote:
Aaron E 8:08 AM - 12 August, 2015
Hi guys

Unfortunately there has been a large oversight in that the firmware update required to run DVS with the NS7 II has not yet been released by Numark. We are expecting it to be made public very soon.

Our apologies to anyone who has already purchased the DVS expansion pack and spent time trying to get it going. I'll update everyone here as soon as I know the firmware is available.

Thanks,
Aaron

Hopefully this is addressed shortly and you guys will be underway!

Thanks!

J
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:19 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hey guys,

If anyone needs technical support, it's best to open a help ticket here: support.serato.com

If you have questions, we're happy to answer them here but it's not the best place to get help from our support guys :)

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:17 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hey everyone. Me again...

If you've had trouble activating DVS for the NS7II, the new firmware that is needed for this to work is now available here: www.numark.com

Download and install this and you should be good to go :)

If you have purchased this and are unhappy it's not been working for you till now and would still like a refund, we're happy to do this. Just email sales@serato.com and Jubt from the team will help.

Sorry again for the delays with this.

Kind regards,

Sam.
DJ Henrique Berger 1:21 AM - 12 August, 2015
Thanks a lot!! now NS7 II is a real DVS system...

It works better with phono mode turntables on channels 1 and 2.
DJ Stean 2:24 PM - 12 August, 2015
It's so f#%&*n annoying! The iTunes bug is still there and probably never will be fixed in Scratch Live, which I'm still runnin' cause you told me to buy Ableton Live for using "The Bridge", which isn't supported in Serato DJ anymore, which still isn't running as safe as I want it to be for taking it into a club. And now you want me to spend some more f#%&*n money for a f#%&*n license to run a f#%&*n software, I already own a license for, just for using it with a club mixer? Could it be worse?
djmacklong 3:43 PM - 12 August, 2015
DJ Temple 5:20 PM - 12 August, 2015
Keep going Serato, I'm eager to get the solution to my problem with iTunes. I wish to buy the club kit soon, in principle my job depends on YOU guys!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:57 PM - 12 August, 2015
Hey guys,

I know it's disappointing that the iTunes fixes for non-expanding playlists and Apps showing in the library didn't make it into this release. Unfortunately they just came in a little too late to make it :( We are working hard to fix these though for another upcoming release that isn't too far off.

We know you guys get frustrated with issues like these - we are working hard to get the resolved though.

Cheers,

Sam.
Griffagroup 12:22 AM - 13 August, 2015
para cuando una mejora con el autoplay? deberían mejorar el autoplay y hacerlo mas inteligente. Desde que crearon el programa, jamas hubo un avance... los que automatizamos la previa con videos en fiestas o eventos necesitamos una mejora radical en el pegue entre temas, con mayor inteligencia, donde se pueda elegir por quitar los temas con baches en la salida, de manera inteligente. Seria importante que el programa tomara de manera inteligente, el tema audio. Gracias
dj easy jay 2:08 AM - 13 August, 2015
OK DJS here is my solution to this I have a 2012 MACBOOK PRO I added 16 gigs of memory replaced the 750 gig hard drive with a 1TB Samson SSD also added a 1TB hard drive where the cd drive use to be. I went back to Maviricks OS and I installed Serato 1.7.5. 3 parties later like a beast! I Love Serato. But do not update to 1.7.7 till serato, iTunes & Yosimite get it right.
jorgevega 4:34 AM - 13 August, 2015
y para serato video cuando una actualizacion????????? o mejoras ????
devohb 6:56 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I think numark might have to update it's drivers, have you try the dvs on NS7II, don't think I will update yet until all this is sorted.

Sam talk to us pls.

I have the same problem my ns7 II plays haf way through a song and then just quits and the little light just stays on and the video just doesn't work at all
Foday stanley 7:03 PM - 14 August, 2015
Today I got notification to update my iTunes to version 12.2.2, Serato should I update as am already running Serato 1.7.7.thanks
devohb 7:06 PM - 14 August, 2015
What does the dvs expansion pack do on the ns7 II? I'm confused what do you need it for?
Foday stanley 7:25 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
What does the dvs expansion pack do on the ns7 II? I'm confused what do you need it for?

With Dvs,you can add 2 turntables to your set up, all featured on your ns7ii, such as mpc pads,effect etc will all work. It's mainly for vinyl lovers who are finding it's hard to stop using turntables as djs.

It's a good addition cos your set up looks bigger and more opportunities to be creative in your performance,

Scratch djs like myslef prefer turntables for better scratching and fully control with bigger vinyl but the problem is more stuff to carry around beside that it's a must have.

It's new technology so I reckon giving it a go cos sometimes you could be guest djing as a club or radio station with only turntables, its helps prepare all djs to be able to perform with any equipments that comes your way. hope this helps.
devohb 7:55 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

With Dvs,you can add 2 turntables to your set up, all featured on your ns7ii, such as mpc pads,effect etc will all work. It's mainly for vinyl lovers who are finding it's hard to stop using turntables as djs.

It's a good addition cos your set up looks bigger and more opportunities to be creative in your performance,

Scratch djs like myslef prefer turntables for better scratching and fully control with bigger vinyl but the problem is more stuff to carry around beside that it's a must have.

It's new technology so I reckon giving it a go cos sometimes you could be guest djing as a club or radio station with only turntables, its helps prepare all djs to be able to perform with any equipments that comes your way. hope this helps.

Thanks I have a mpc but have no clue how to hook it up to the NS7 II....and plus ever since these updates my serrato video does not work... the video plays about 5 sec and then cuts off the music I play stops working about half way just having too many problems my NS7 II is about brand new only played on it a few times without it crashing I'm about ready to throw it out the window....lol
devohb 8:02 PM - 14 August, 2015
Thanks I have a mpc but have no clue how to hook it up to the NS7 II....and plus ever since these updates my serrato video does not work... the video plays about 5 sec and then cuts off the music I play stops working about half way just having too many problems my NS7 II is about brand new only played on it a few times without it crashing I'm about ready to throw it out the window....lol
20Bucks 9:26 PM - 14 August, 2015
iTunes 12.2 sent my library into turmoil. I complained to Serato for a day or two, and then went about fixing the problem myself.
I migrated all my music away from iTunes now use Serato as my primary player.
Its really easy to do, just a little bit time consuming. No different really from sorting thru my collection of vinyl and putting records back where they belong after taking them out.
Honestly, listening and sorting music now is a lot more enjoyable as i can edit as i listen, and I'm not listening to the same old iTunes shuffle algorithm. Also there is the peace of mind itunes will not rename metadata or hide things from the playlist in the future.
Something i should a done years ago. Do it.
devohb 7:27 PM - 16 August, 2015
Question does anyone know if you can hook the Rane 64 and the NS7 ll together to works off one computer? I have been wanting to try this out to see if it will work does anyone have any idea if this is possible...any help would be great
djmacklong 11:52 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Question does anyone know if you can hook the Rane 64 and the NS7 ll together to works off one computer? I have been wanting to try this out to see if it will work does anyone have any idea if this is possible...any help would be great

Not sure why you would want to add in the Rane 64 when DVS will allow you to use timecode with the NS7II.
dj_old_school wild sound 6:50 PM - 17 August, 2015
i just play in a gig Saturday 15 2015, serato 1.7.7 rane sl2 , ddj sp1, for mixer mappale traktor z2, serato time vynil code / MacBook pro 2.9 ghz 8 gb latest firmware and upadtes in every......................and the issue i had was 2 drop out in sound also software unstable when you really getting into the scracthing and mixing.............all my format is music videos i notice a lot of my library that i know in that past always have been 70 bmp change a lot of them to 90 bmp but thanks good i know beacth matching.......i notice that when i see a lot of my songs bmps change from 70 to 90 but still play at 70 but show 90 in the computer.....................serato please help
Foday stanley 7:06 PM - 17 August, 2015
Updated to 1.7.7 with new numark driver as instructed. Serato crashed in the middle of my gig.. could this be a bug in the recent update or maybe it's iTunes ?
dj_old_school wild sound 7:08 PM - 17 August, 2015
maybe I hear about it too man :( it maybe be that
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:36 PM - 17 August, 2015
Hey Foday stanley,

It could have been any number of things. I'd recommend getting in touch with support so we can help find out what's going on and make sure you're running smooth.

support.serato.com

Sam.
dj_old_school wild sound 10:07 PM - 17 August, 2015
yes I did my resquest support
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:50 PM - 17 August, 2015
Cool, someone from support should be in touch to help you soon :)

sam.
orussell17 2:50 AM - 18 August, 2015
i have installed 1.7.7 update on my Pioneer DDJ-SR and it freezes constantly when I am moving pitch fader? I had to switch my controller off/on at least 6 times whilst playing the other night at a house party until I figured out what was the problem! Has anyone else had this issue or can Serato help?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 2:51 AM - 18 August, 2015
Hey orussell17,

This is not a known issue from what I can see man, it would be best to open a help request with our support team and they can look into this with you, hit them up here; support.serato.com

Cheers,

Jas
dj cristian serato 11:42 PM - 18 August, 2015
Hola, hace poco actialize mi MacBook Pro al sistema osx 10.9.5 y mi controlador es PIONEER SX2, desde ese instante serato 1.7.7 al estar trabajando unos minutos sin problemas pero cuando quiero configurar algún efecto o entrar a setup , o pinchar cualquier otro ítem de la pantalla de serato, este se desconecta y se cierra serato. tengo que volver abrir nuevamente para seguir mi trayecto y ahí configurar rápido para seguir tocando y dejarlo así para no provocar nuevamente que se bloquee y cierre el software. Antes no ocurría esto ahora pasa constantemente.
dj_old_school wild sound 12:14 AM - 19 August, 2015
tienes que poner el operating system Yosemite 10.10.5
Raecampus 12:07 AM - 25 August, 2015
I am transitioning from CD's and players. I just purchased Pioneer DDJ SR and have downloaded Serato 1.7.7. Using a MB pro with OSX 10.6.8 Serato 1.7.7 requires 10.7.

Tried to upgrade but it says current. I see Yosemite is available version 10.10?

Advice appreciated thanks.

Randy
dj_old_school wild sound 3:22 AM - 25 August, 2015
Please just update to the lateste operating system as well check all your firmware
dj_old_school wild sound 3:27 AM - 25 August, 2015
Tienes que actualizar a yosemite 10.10.5 usualmente lo puedes hacer de dos maneras la primera busca la manzana en la pantalla en la parte izquierda posterior oprime la manzana about this mac hay mismo puedes hacer system update si no the apple store en el desktop icon lo habres y chekea updates
dj cristian serato 3:18 PM - 25 August, 2015
Estoy muy agradecido de tu consejo, hice la actualización a YOSEMITE y que do todo perfecto. ahora todo funciona bien. Gracias AMIGO por tu consejo.
dj_old_school wild sound 5:16 PM - 25 August, 2015
no problem amigo i know yo se como es bro iam glad my advice really work. de nada mi amigo
DJ_Esco 7:15 PM - 27 August, 2015
@Serato
Issue: Slip Mode not Activating/Responding with Illumination (Replicated issue on both Decks 100% immediate after GUI Launch)

Track Position indicator on Platter does not move/rotate nor match GUI Track position on start or play.
Note: Indicator on physical platter will only match physical movement when touched and moved in vinyl mode operation, once platter surface is not touched then indicator will stay still although track is still playing and GUI on software displays movement. (Replicated issue on both Decks 100% immediate after GUI Launch)

Please note: Worked on prior versions of Serato DJ. Tested Slip modes on/off and button illumination on other software and works (no issues)

Hardware: Serato DDJ-SX with current firmware 1.07

Also tested with a midi mapped mixer using a Rane SL2
Results: Slip mode works, just not working on DDJ-SX

I hope this information is helpful guys.

DJ Esco
dj_old_school wild sound 3:41 PM - 30 August, 2015
that with out counting new serato 1.7.7 all bpms change a lot of my songs that use to play at 70 bpm now they are analized as 95 bmp but in the past I know they use ot be 70 bpm weird to me
dj easy jay 6:10 PM - 30 August, 2015
Serato 1.7.6 and Mavericks still working strong for me.
djmacklong 7:56 PM - 30 August, 2015
Having no stutter/dropout issues with 1.7.7.
dj easy jay 1:53 AM - 31 August, 2015
No thank you 1.7.8. I'll wait to see what other bug issues are reported. If it's not broken don't fix it
DJ_Esco 12:57 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
@Serato
Issue: Slip Mode not Activating/Responding with Illumination (Replicated issue on both Decks 100% immediate after GUI Launch)

Track Position indicator on Platter does not move/rotate nor match GUI Track position on start or play.
Note: Indicator on physical platter will only match physical movement when touched and moved in vinyl mode operation, once platter surface is not touched then indicator will stay still although track is still playing and GUI on software displays movement. (Replicated issue on both Decks 100% immediate after GUI Launch)

Please note: Worked on prior versions of Serato DJ. Tested Slip modes on/off and button illumination on other software and works (no issues)

Hardware: Serato DDJ-SX with current firmware 1.07

Also tested with a midi mapped mixer using a Rane SL2
Results: Slip mode works, just not working on DDJ-SX

I hope this information is helpful guys.

DJ Esco

I found the issue and I hope this helps minimize any calls or messages Serato receives.
It seems that the issue is caused by the DDJ-SX being on "other software mode"

To exit this mode simply do the following:

1. Press the [STANDBY/ON] switch on this unit’s rear to POWER OFF the DDJ-SX
Un plug the USB cable

2. Press and hold both the [SHIFT] and [PLAY/PAUSE ] buttons on the left deck
while pressing the [STANDBY/ON] switch on this unit’s rear to POWER ON the unit
(This will launch the utility settings mode of the unit.)

3. Press the [KEY LOCK] button on the left deck to switch between modes.

------------
Please note:
If the Red LED on the ● [KEY LOCK] button is OFF then you are in a setting to use Your DDJ-SX with Serato DJ.
If the Red LED on the ● [KEY LOCK] button ILLUMINATED then you are in the "OTHER SOFTWARE MODE"

4. Once you have selected the the mode simply Press the [STANDBY/ON] switch on this unit’s rear panel to Power OFF the unit.

5. Reconnect your USB of the DDJ-SX to your computer, Power the unit back ON via the [STANDBY/ON] switch, Launch the Serato DJ software.

6. Take over the world!!!!! :)

For you visual intellects here is a video:
youtu.be