Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

DDJ-SP1 Mapping for SV.............

the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:56 PM - 25 July, 2015
Well the battery in my Mac got hot and took a shit so I have to use my PC until it gets here.

Anyways I'm not sure if anybody from the Serato team reads this stuff but here goes nothing,

When using the DDJ-SP1 for video effects I noticed that the 3rd effect button & parameter knob on both sides isn't mapped to anything.

My suggestion is to have these control video "Master FX 1" & "Master FX 2" .......

Can this be updated soon?? It's such a waste because the controls are just sitting there not being used for anything at all. In my mind it only makes sense.

So there it is can someone from Serato chime in or anybody who has to use SV for that matter.....

Thanks for looking and the time.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 6:21 AM - 28 July, 2015
From memory, they control text overlay and image overlay.

Do you have any images or text overlays loaded up?

Cheers

Karl
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:40 AM - 28 July, 2015
Nope, I never used those but I'll try it out and see what happens.m
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:12 PM - 28 July, 2015
Yup sir you are correct.

I think it would be better to map those controls to the master video fx in my opinion. Could you please take a look or run a poll??
Mr Wilks 12:44 AM - 4 August, 2015
I use the image and text overlay constantly so for me it would be a little inconvenient. I put a club logo in the centre of the screen and bring it in and out. I also have scrolling text i turn on and off constantly.

I get what you're saying though. Remap of native devices would be perfect.