DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

A way to mimic Bridge Mix Tape function with just Ableton and Serato DJ

Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:47 PM - 25 July, 2015
Whats the easiest way you guys have found to mimic the Mix Tape function with Serato DJ And Ableton?

I currently do my mix in segments and then combine and master them through Ableton. Is there a way where I can do it like how mix tape did it in the bridge? Record a one shot mix and then go back and make corrections after the mix is done?
Code:E 10:36 PM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:
Whats the easiest way you guys have found to mimic the Mix Tape function with Serato DJ And Ableton?

I currently do my mix in segments and then combine and master them through Ableton. Is there a way where I can do it like how mix tape did it in the bridge? Record a one shot mix and then go back and make corrections after the mix is done?

It would be easier to just do your whole mix in ableton.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:17 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It would be easier to just do your whole mix in ableton.

I've done a multi track mix through Ableton but it just doesn't feel natural to me. How are you incorporating scratches and beat juggling routines? Pre-recording it first and then transferring it? Or doing it in Ableton itself.
Code:E 9:01 PM - 26 July, 2015
Quote:
How are you incorporating scratches and beat juggling routines?

Ya thats I don't do. If I where to do that. I would record it then load it into ableton.
Mutis Mayfield 9:19 PM - 28 July, 2015
Scratch track with serato hardware. Maybe serato release a plugin (or maxforlive device) someday...
dcsoundlab 1:44 AM - 11 October, 2015
obviously after a few years serato and ableton aren't going to come together on The Bridge
(you should let it go...) for,serato dj/ableton 9 product.
It clearly seems that ableton may be trying to launch their own dj program in the future or something that suits their architecture/plan not, another dj software company plans..
as stated for suite 9 users above, record your set/stems /loops/samples etc etc etc >export >import and clean up and create.
its not "the Bridge/mixtape" but you can still capture the best of both software companies products and useful mascinations until something breaks through either independently or a combined effort between the two
Mutis Mayfield 11:33 AM - 3 January, 2016
I think Native will come with the mixtape feature in maschine sooner than Serato, sadly.
audiomontana 6:08 AM - 6 January, 2016
serato.com
Quote:

my response to my own thread
serato.com