Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Ejecting tracks with Pioneer DDJ-SX2?

jatoro 10:34 AM - 14 July, 2015
Hi. Do anybody knows about if is it possible to eject a track with any combination of keys on this controller?

Thanks in advance.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:38 PM - 14 July, 2015
I couldn't seethat there is from the quickstart guide.

What is the reason you need to eject your tracks out of interest?
938MyDJ 3:49 PM - 14 July, 2015
For me...

As SDJ don't have the choose MASTER-Option, when sync'ing on 3 or 4 decks you have to eject the older-loaded track so the newly loaded track becomes the master.
deejdave 9:37 PM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
What is the reason you need to eject your tracks out of interest?

Also curious?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:42 AM - 15 July, 2015
Hey 938MyDJ,

Quote:
As SDJ don't have the choose MASTER-Option, when sync'ing on 3 or 4 decks you have to eject the older-loaded track so the newly loaded track becomes the master.

You don't need to do this, Serato DJ gets it's sync candidate logic from decks that are playing, not decks that are loaded. I can explain the sync logic more if you would like me to :)

Cheers,
Michael.
jatoro 7:21 AM - 15 July, 2015
Thanks for your reply. The only reasons I want to eject the track are:

1) When I 'm mixing with 4 decks and one of them stop using it temporarily, I would like to leave the deck empty to avoid by mistake raise the fader.

2) Visually is more comfortable working alone with the waveforms being played.

Regards.
Denne 8:27 AM - 15 July, 2015
jatoro has a point. It can be confusing if you see 4 loaded decks but you actually only use deck 1 & 2 90% of the time.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:48 AM - 24 July, 2015
There's no buttons on the unit itself, but you can use the keyboard shortcut's alt + shift + left arrow to eject the left deck or alt + shift + right arrow to eject the right deck. These will apply to the active decks at the time. I hope that helps!
938MyDJ 6:34 AM - 24 July, 2015
Can "Shift + Load" added as eject function on supported controllers in the future?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:45 PM - 26 July, 2015
It's definitely possible. I'd recommend posting this in the feature requests section of the forum -> serato.com
AlxRyde 10:25 AM - 27 July, 2015
o-o I'd actually be interested in how the sync logic works!
jatoro 4:39 PM - 30 July, 2015
938MyDJ 8:34 AM - 24 July, 2015
"Can "Shift + Load" added as eject function on supported controllers in the future?"

Michael R 12:45 AM - 27 July, 2015
"It's definitely possible. I'd recommend posting this in the feature requests section of the forum"

--------

¿And What about the predefined functions of this buttons?
"Shift+Load" Deck3 --> "Sort Library by Track#"
"Shift+Load" Deck1 --> "Sort Library by BPM"
"Shift+Load" Deck2 --> "Sort Library by Song"
"Shift+Load" Deck4 --> "Sort Library by Artist"
jatoro 5:03 PM - 30 July, 2015
For those who are interested in incorporating the "eject track" function on the controller Pioneer DDJ-SX2, please give support to the message I posted on the section of "Serato DJ Feature Suggestions"

serato.com

Thanks in advance.
gav Clifton 12:29 PM - 1 August, 2015
why not just switch back to the 2 deck view when not using decks 3&4 ? if there where an eject button surely you run the risk of ejecting a playing track by accident ?.
The only trouble I have is that all 4 decks look the same "on screen" would be great if 3&4 were a complete different color !
Dj Redwood 6:26 PM - 3 April, 2019
Quote:
Hey 938MyDJ,

Quote:

You don't need to do this, Serato DJ gets it's sync candidate logic from decks that are playing, not decks that are loaded. I can explain the sync logic more if you would like me to :)

Cheers,
Michael.

Yes please Micheal, I would like to know the sync logic of Serato. Please explain if you don’t mind.
Telony Ex 7:07 PM - 3 April, 2019
Quote:
Can "Shift + Load" added as eject function on supported controllers in the future?

U can easily midi map this
deejdave 11:26 PM - 3 April, 2019
In their defense I believe this was asked prior to MIDI mapping native controllers feature was added.............. I think.
Telony Ex 11:57 PM - 4 April, 2019
Quote:
In their defense I believe this was asked prior to MIDI mapping native controllers feature was added.............. I think.

My bad. Never saw the date. Good look