Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Browse library by cover artwork (like iTunes album view)

Deep (like the ocean) 11:12 PM - 2 July, 2015
Hey there!

So this is something I would really, REALLY love to see implemented in SDJ, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would be very interested in as well.

Conceptually, this is pretty simple.
Know the iTunes album view? (image - core0.staticworld.net)
You get large, visual pictures of the album art of everything in your library, and you can click on an album to see the tracks contained in it.
I would love to see this in the SDJ browser.

This would make for a great way to virtually flip through your record collection.
Basically, you would use the browse encoder to scroll through large images of all your 'records'.
When you see the one you want to use, you push down on the encoder.
This expands the 'record' to show all the tracks contained in it (sequential, obviously).
Then you scroll again to the track you want to use, and then load it on to your deck using whatever standard control your device has for loading tracks.

This would be extremely helpful as I get the feeling that a lot of DJs remember/recall music by the artwork, and then remember the track by number. (For example, "I want to play track B2 on that EP with the black and red artwork by some artist")
I know I definitely do this.

In fact, I am so terrible at remembering track names that every time I play I literally have iTunes open to album view, and I keep switching back and forth to figure out what is the actual track I want to play and then just search that in SDJ.

I hope this gains some traction, as I have definitely heard from a lot of other DJs (especially those that stick to vinyl) about how unintuitive it is to browse through a never ending list of track names.

I know that SDJ currently shows artwork in the column, but I find the implementation ineffective.
First off, the artwork is too tiny to be able to distinguish records by looking at the thumbnail.
Secondly, when you are browsing and come across several tracks from a record, you will just get the same thumbnail (really tiny), several times over. That seems like a waste of UI real estate.

Thanks!
D
Deep (like the ocean) 7:15 AM - 30 July, 2015
Bump!
M.adaM 6:34 PM - 3 August, 2015
It would be great.
+1(00)

it should be user selectable in the setup/configure screen

I always used my vinyls like that.

Now I could put these records into crates in a specific order and I can delete those songs I would never play, preferably add ratings to the rest of the songs, and I could browse my collection as I did with the vinyls before. Also I can do whatever I want with them

Please UPDATE the album art.

Best would be a Numark NS 7 mk X where the vinyl is a color e-ink (wi-di) so I can even see the label, and cue points in real time, real size. It could be made in 2015, nothing complicated about it.
Even Serato could come up with this kind of timecode vinlys (12, 10 and 7 inch) before the competitors do the same
But give me a few% of your net profit from this idea
That would be the ultimate vinyl emulation
Deep (like the ocean) 4:48 AM - 31 August, 2015
Bump!
Philimoto 9:58 AM - 5 October, 2015
+1000
Deep (like the ocean) 8:58 AM - 2 November, 2017
Hey I've been working on this, if you'd like to check it out!
serato.com
DJ Dooby 4:21 PM - 30 January, 2019
I totally agree. Because the is no proper artwork feature in DJ Pro I still use SL.
RGR 1:49 AM - 9 February, 2019
This is related to your request. serato.com