Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

why cant i listen to the echo out when its activated , thru my headphones...?

Dj Personal 7:11 PM - 2 July, 2015
I dj with Serato Dj . Pioneer Sx2.
Why when I activate the echo out , I do not hear it on my headphones. I did hear it when using Scratch Live... Is it possible ya can make that work for Serato Dj.?
938MyDJ 8:41 PM - 2 July, 2015
This is the drawback of postfader effects 😓
dj orlando ent 9:16 PM - 2 July, 2015
This is definitely an update that I'm waiting for myself! So I hope they will include it to serato dj soon.
938MyDJ 3:53 AM - 3 July, 2015
This is based on the audio routing of a each devices.
No updates will change this at all.
dj orlando ent 9:03 PM - 5 July, 2015
Huh, so you are saying that this update will never happen???
deejdave 9:17 PM - 5 July, 2015
He is saying software updates can not change the physical properties of the hardware you own and there never was an update to happen or not happen.
Marv Incredible 11:27 PM - 5 July, 2015
I must admit, I never understood why some manufacturers decided to go backwards in mixer evolution. On my old DJM500, I could preview the post-fader FX in my headphones. It's such an obvious, natural thing for a DJ to want (and even need) to do. So why give us an either / or option? I accept that this is how it's become but I'll never get it.
deejdave 3:32 AM - 6 July, 2015
While I agree with what you say in that it is a step backwards I think when you consider the addition of software being involved in the equation now it changes things a bit in terms of routing. Again not saying I wouldn't prefer to have the best of both worlds too.
dj orlando ent 3:14 PM - 6 July, 2015
Wow, that sucks...oh well.
Dj Personal 8:51 PM - 6 July, 2015
That is a must have in the dj world.. smh.. Very sad to hear that they wont even bother on getting that d0one.
deejdave 9:52 PM - 6 July, 2015
How would you suggest they approach the impossible? They could bother all they want it is just plain physics. A software update can not change around the wiring in your hardware. Kind of like expecting your car to get fixed via e-mail.

This is a decision that is made by the manufacturer in development. The information (specs) is public information and it is up to us to decide which hardware best suits our needs. if a certain feature is needed it should be consider prior to purchase, no?